New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 153031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 1488
  1. - Top - End - #1171
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Trog's Tavern CCXXXIV

She looks revolted. "Bloodwine isn't made from real blood." She says, somewhat grumpily. "I take it that the people here have never heard of the mighty Klingon Empire?"
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Let's Read the Monster Manual II!

Dwarf Cleric avatar by azuyomi244. Thanks!

Saurial Soulknife avatar by Serpentine. Thanks!

Warforged Fighter Avatar by C-Lam. Thanks!

2. - Top - End - #1172
    Troll in the Playground

"Probably somebody has, but I haven't," Nina says apologetically. "How about some Cormyrian Fireamber? It's very good."
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

3. - Top - End - #1173
    Ogre in the Playground

She hesitates about a moment before replying. "Okay, I shall try it. What exactly is in this drink?" If bloodwine isn't served here, she'll have to find a new form of alcohol to consume anyway. Might as well try something new, now.

4. - Top - End - #1174
    Ogre in the Playground

Raril shrugs. "It's alright. So long as you're alright." The drow says, grinning.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

5. - Top - End - #1175
    Barbarian in the Playground

"Heh! I'm totally alright! I'm more worried about the... eerr... other me than anything else. She won't be able to retreat into the Far and she isn't nearly as big as she usually is. Hopefully she won't do something dumb. But since she's me I'm sure she'll be goooOOOOHMYGOSH a Klingon!"

In a flash Zee is out of her seat and standing near the Klingon, grinning from ear to ear.

"Eeee! I've never seen a Klingon in the Nexus before! Which version of Star Trek are you fro-wait, no. You won't know what that means. Ummm..."
    she wrinkles her nose, trying to think of an in universe way to ask her question. "Oh! I know! Have you ever heard of a human called Captain Kirk?"

No doubt that'll get a useful answer!

...or it might get Zee spit at in Klingon.

Stay tuned to find out which!
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

6. - Top - End - #1176
    Troll in the Playground

"It's an imported wine. I don't believe it has anything but fermented fruits." Nina pours her a glass of Cormyrian Fireamber, served slightly warm, at the perfect temperature. It starts with a slightly smoky blackberry and black cherry aroma and continues with an elegant texture of black fruit and black tea flavors laced with silky tannins. It lingers on the palate like a long wave waiting to come ashore. It is pure Fireamber and 100 percent pleasure.

**I totally did not steal that description from a wine review site. >.>
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

7. - Top - End - #1177
    Bugbear in the Playground

I'll take a Dragon Liver Buster. Jasper says, giving Legion a weak grin. And yeah, it was different. Who knows, maybe the spirits existed in your world too, just never got released from their prison. But, uh, let's try not to dwell on such unpleasant subjects.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

8. - Top - End - #1178
    Ogre in the Playground

The woman takes the drink, muttering a thank you, before consuming it. How revolting.

Then Zee approaches!

She does not know of this "Star Trek" of which you speak.

The second Kirk is mentioned, the woman stands up. "Kirk? The Federation has a presence here?!" She takes out her disruptor, and looks around uneasily. "He and my captain confronted each other about four months ago, over the Organia dispute." Technically, the treaty ended the Federation-Klingon War, but this place seems to be out of the district of both galactic powers anyway. Surely it won't matter much if she slaughters some Starfleet fools. "Where are they?"

((She's a Human-Klingon hybrid from the TOS-era))

9. - Top - End - #1179
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    I'll take a Dragon Liver Buster. Jasper says, giving Legion a weak grin. And yeah, it was different. Who knows, maybe the spirits existed in your world too, just never got released from their prison. But, uh, let's try not to dwell on such unpleasant subjects.
    Legion's eyebrows rise, when Jasper makes his order. "Sure... um... you know that'll make you drunk like, instantly, right?" She smirks.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2011-07-04 at 10:37 PM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

10. - Top - End - #1180

Zee practically sequels with delight despite the fact that there's an obviously armed and irritated Klingon standing in front of her. One that's holding a weapon that shoots bad science no less.

Despite the clear and present danger of the situation this is just too much.

"Ohmygosh you must be from the original Star Trek series time frame then! And not just a parallel world either 'cuz you totally know who Kirk is!" it doesn't seem like you're answering her question, Zee. You probably should or you might get disruptor'd.

"There aren't any Star Fleet people here! It's just... heee! It's just that your world is a work of fiction in mine! You'll probably find out that some of the things around here are legends from your homeworld too! I'm just so excited 'cuz I've never seen a Klingon in the Nexus before!"

A beat.

She quirks her head off to the side a bit.

"...come to think of it... I've never seen any people from the Star Trek universe at all before... huh..."

The Klingon is free to assume Zee is insane.

11. - Top - End - #1181
    Ogre in the Playground

Raril's quick to jump up from his seat when the Klingon draws what is clearly meant to be a weapon, even if the Drow had never seen one before. He's soon standing next to Zee, gently trying to pull her away from the angry alien. "Hey, there's no reason for violence. There's no danger here." The drow tries to assure the Klingon, even though he was carrying a good half a dozen visible weapons.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

12. - Top - End - #1182
    Ogre in the Playground

In comes Harnel the Half-Dragon! Totally plotcloned because waiting in WATCH for the meeting to end is a drag!

He's not in his armor, and the only weapon he's currently carrying (Besides natural ones) is his particle magnum. For those who don't know his description, Imagine a man who's 6'4". Then cover him in crimson scales, add a pair of large wings, a tail, draconic style feet, horns, and all the natural weapons that come with being draconic. Currently, he's wearing a simple sky blue tee-shirt and a pair of brown fatigue pants, both of which are customized to allow for wings and tail respectively.

Initially, he came here to see Zee about something, but considering there's a Klingon waving a disruptor around, he's a bit on edge at this point, despite having just come in the door. He's not that familiar with technology, be he recognizes a battle stance when he sees it.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

13. - Top - End - #1183

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    Legion's eyebrows rise, when Jasper makes his order. "Sure... um... you know that'll make you drunk like, instantly, right?" She smirks.
    Wanna bet? Jasper smirks right back.

14. - Top - End - #1184
    Ogre in the Playground

The Klingon slowly lowers her disruptor. "Oh." So this girl is just completely insane. The woman's first thought is to put this poor girl out of her misery (what is this 'Star Trek?'), but that would probably not be looked upon in favorable light. "In that case, I claim this world in the name of the Klingon Empire!" she shouts. Of course, it would be helpful if she could find a way back to the empire in order to make this an official claim....

15. - Top - End - #1185
    Ogre in the Playground

Raril sighs. "No, you really don't want to do that." The drow advises. "We just got finished getting rid of the last empire that tried to take over this place. We really don't like them around here. We've gone through at least three since I've been living here." He explains to the Klingon.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

16. - Top - End - #1186
    Ogre in the Playground

"Seriously. This place chews up authority figures. The one we have now is just a vague group, so they're probably safe from deposition for at least a while." Harnel moves over to the klingon, looking uneasily at the disruptor. He doesn't like dealing with tech when he can avoid it.

However, he is admiring that five bladed weapon she carries

17. - Top - End - #1187
    Pixie in the Playground

Rahlus stands from his seat and strides over to the klingon in what nearly seams like one fluid motion.

"Does this empire actually have any presence here? Are you a authorized representative of it's interests here? And what manner of regime runs it?"

He has been waiting for what feels like days for a opportunity to achieve some level of power to show itself, now that one has (from his perspective), he pounces on it with all the grace of an experienced politician.

Hearing the comments from the others dampens his mood a bit however, perhaps building a central power in this place would be more difficult than he hoped.
    Last edited by Logician; 2011-07-04 at 10:53 PM.
    Thanks PersonalSavior for the psuedodragon avatar.

18. - Top - End - #1188

"Yay, we get to be part of the Klingon Empire!" Zee declares cheerfully. Partly because she knows being contrary would upset the lady and partly because she figures that the gesture is totally pointless.

No one takes over the Nexus.

Most of all because it just isn't worth the trouble.

She'll then wave cheerfully at Harnel.

"So! I'm Zee and you're in Trog's Tavern at the moment! Home of the best lousy service in all the Nexus! What about you? What's your name miss?"

Zee is like...

The opposite of a Klingon.

Seriously.

19. - Top - End - #1189
    Ogre in the Playground

Wow, dissenters already! Kahless the Unforgettable would be proud.

"Three empires? This place shall be a challenge, then!" She exclaims, gleefully. "No matter. The Klingon Empire is forever! We shall drink bloodwine in the ruins of your capital building. Which would be... where, if I may ask?" She really doesn't seem to understand this whole "unconquerable" concept. No matter, she's stranded here without contact with the Empire anyway.

In response to Rahlus' questions, her glee from moments before falters."Well, um.... I have just claimed this world, but other than that, no... there is no official presence... And what gives me the right?" she scoffs, "I am a Klingon. And, unless you happen to be Klingon, I wouldn't worry about politics too much. You wouldn't get very far without at least some Klingon blood."

When Zee lets out her cry of excitment, the Klingon cannot help but smile. Already, the population is giving in to the Empire's will...

20. - Top - End - #1190

The Operative re-enters the Tavern through the door, intent on giving Rahlus an update on his given objectives. Reconnaisance hadn't been easy, but he was good. Upon entering, the ghost stares at the klingon through his gas mask. He almost feels amused, but decides on ignoring her, instead waiting for Rahlus.

21. - Top - End - #1191
    Ogre in the Playground

Harnel chuckles. She's obviously new to the Nexus here, "Tell you what. Tell us exactly what we're up against here, and maybe we'll believe you. maybe not, but there's always that chance. I mean, I bet you don't even know what most of the patrons of this tavern are."

22. - Top - End - #1192
    Pixie in the Playground

Rahlus nods politly at the klingon and turns his gaze upon the half-dragon.

"You mention a vague group which currently holds control over the Nexus, do you know any more? If you have loyalty to them you needn't fear that i will attempt to conquer or usurp them, I merely wish to know were to take my purely diplomatic intentions."

This was not a lie, and barely even deceit through omission of elaboration.

Rahlus notices The Opperative, and motions with his hand to a nearby table while attempting to mouth "One moment."
    Last edited by Logician; 2011-07-04 at 11:12 PM.

23. - Top - End - #1193
    Ogre in the Playground

"You folks are looking for Remnant and the Council." Raril supplies. "Do play nice, I actually like this group a bit more than the others. If we go through another government change, I think I might just declare myself king for the hell of it."
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

24. - Top - End - #1194

The Operative gives a slight nod, and moves over to the table. As he does so, he attempts to glean the names of most of the current patrons - mainly, the Klingon and the half-dragon. Unless they have protection from mind-reading, the specter will know their names. Always a bit of useful information.

25. - Top - End - #1195
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Wanna bet? Jasper smirks right back.
    "Sure. Bet what?" Legion continues looking at him cheekily. Their drinks will likely arrive next post.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

26. - Top - End - #1196
    Ogre in the Playground

"My wife to be is on the council, so I have something of a vested interest in seeing them stay where they are. If you want to meet with them, I can show you where the council building is," Harnel shrugs, "But I have a couple things to talk to Zee about, first" He motions towards the eldritch abomination-woman who the klingon thinks is insane. This likely won't earn him any points with her

The Half-dragon is Harnel. he's a WATCHTOWER member, so if the operative knows what boris knows, he knows Harnel well enough.
    Last edited by Halae; 2011-07-04 at 11:19 PM.

27. - Top - End - #1197
    Ogre in the Playground

The Klingon glares at Harnel, growling bestially. "What does the Klingon Empire have? We have hundreds starships, and we are allies of the Orions and Nausicaans. With our combined forces, you all shall be defeated." She appears dumbstruck when he makes the comment about not knowing what most of the bar patrons are. "Well, judging by your appearance, you are an inhabitant of Gre'thor; a demon. As for the rest..." she looks around the bar for a while. "Well, that thing over there is a... a... damn it, demon! Do I look like a Romulan to you? I don't spy on my enemies. I attack first, ask questions later. If this is how things are done here, though, I shall oblige."

She starts heading into the crowd, off to study as many inhabitants as possibly before starting her quest to find a way to talk to the Empire. The last thing she says before heading off (unless someone stops her, of course) is "Thank you for your strategic opinions and the political debriefing of the region." Its aimed at no one in particular.

If the operative reads her mind, he'll learn her name is M'kota of the House Kerpach.
    Last edited by LOTRfan; 2011-07-04 at 11:24 PM.

28. - Top - End - #1198
    Pixie in the Playground

Rahlus smiles politly "Thank you, I wont be going anywere and look foward to speaking with you soon."

He nods at everyone currently standing beside him and walks away, soon sitting at the table with The Opperative.

"An update, I presume?" He asks, his normal graciousness lost in the fact that he knows it will accomplish nothing here.

29. - Top - End - #1199

Welll.... If I lose, you get a motorcycle. If I win, I get a kiss. Jasper says, after a moments thought.

30. - Top - End - #1200
    Ogre in the Playground

Harnel earns himself a look from Raril. What in the world did this half-dragon want with his wife?
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel