New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XV: The Greater and Powerful-er Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ScionoftheVoid View Post
    "Take me back, Luna. You know you deserve more, I can give it to you! Just as soon as I am... inside you, again."

This evoked disturbing imagery. Very disturbing.

Anyways, where were we in the airship saga anyway?

2. - Top - End - #62
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bayonet Priest View Post
    Oh god my brain, you have broken it.

Edit: @druiddroid: I like that first idea, the one about Celestia keeping Spike around. I just can't see the Celestia from the show leaving him alone like that after everyone of his friends have died. Its not like he'd be a burden and couldn't make himself useful. Besides, they'd both miss Twilight terribly.

*sigh* stupid immortality blues, they make me sad.
    Yeah, actually now that I've thought of it, I have a super sad idea that's connected to it for the WTG event. Unfortunately it's also much better than my earlier ideas, so I'll probably end up using it.
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post

Everypony decided that a good time to board the Neo Nemo was when it was about to be swallowed into the nightmare vortex. Ship was swallowed, but then a Great Pink One emerged trying to start The Party. The Socks is about to enter warp with everything nearby.

Or that's what I gathered.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Barbarian in the Playground

I vote this as crack pairing of the day.
    "Take me back, Luna. You know you deserve more, I can give it to you! Just as soon as I am... inside you, again."

You have already accepted it; there is no turning back now!

I'd love to support LunaxNightmare Moon, but I still can't brain because I'm trying to figure out how GummyxNightmare Moon could work.
    "Why is it that we receive a penny for our thoughts, but have to put in our 2 cents?"

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

I got an award!
    Spoiler
    Show

Fluttershy in the Playground - third place

5. - Top - End - #65
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vent Reynolt View Post
    You have already accepted it; there is no turning back now!

I'd love to support LunaxNightmare Moon, but I still can't brain because I'm trying to figure out how GummyxNightmare Moon could work.
    Well you see, certain wards were set up, so Nightmare Moon really needed a body before she could approach Luna again. It just so happened that Gummy was nearby, and unwarded...

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tonberrian View Post
    Everypony decided that a good time to board the Neo Nemo was when it was about to be swallowed into the nightmare vortex. Ship was swallowed, but then a Great Pink One emerged trying to start The Party. The Socks is about to enter warp with everything nearby.

Or that's what I gathered.
    As best an explaination as any.

Incoming!
    Airship is Magic:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Get into the ship!
    What? Are you crazy?!
    Seeing you turn pink probably already overloaded half of my sanity processors. Get the hay into the ship.
    Fine.
    *drags SiuiS along, somehow managing to keep a hoof on him*

@Gadora
    You are making a surprisingly disturbing amount of sense.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Halfling in the Playground

Greetings, ponythread! I am somewhat new to MLP, having only been introduced a few weeks ago. I have already been corrupted to such a degree that I have come up with an idea for a fanfic. Now, I have come up with, on a number of other occasions, ideas for stories. I have never actually even really started writing one, so there it is probable that this fanfic will be no different. Nevertheless, I derive a great deal of enjoyment from thinking about writing stories, so I figure that I may as well develop it some anyway. Here's my idea:

Spoiler
    Show
    My basic idea was to combine My Little Pony with the Young Wizards series (So You Want to be a Wizard being the first book). For those unfamiliar with the YW series, the primary antagonist is a being known as the Lone Power. The universe (as well as a variety of alternate realities) was created by beings known as the Powers that Be. They created light, space, gravity, and so forth. The being who came to be known as the Lone Power watched all the others during this time. Once all else had been created, It added Its own creation: death. The other Powers cast out the Lone Power for Its creation, but could not undo what It had wrought. Death had become an inextricable part of the universe.

Wizards are servants of the Powers, who work to oppose death as much as is possible. They are of all species (a spin off series from YW, starting with The Book of Night with Moon, is centered around a group of cat wizards, while one of the later books in the main series covers a sort of exchange program, with two of the main characters going to an alien world and three alien wizards coming to Earth).

In my idea, Equestria is simply one of many alternate realities that have been shown to exist in the YW universe. The fanfic would detail wizards native to Equestria; no characters from the YW books would appear. My loose plot idea involved a pony wizard coming the Ponyville for some mundane reason (wizards in YW maintain normal lives, in addition to their wizardly doings). He has a cutie mark somehow related to his wizardry; to non-wizardly ponies, it appears related to magic - which they find somewhat confusing, since he is an earth pony! When he arrives in Ponyville, his unusual cutie mark draws the attention of the Cutie Mark Crusaders. Twilight, too, becomes intrigued by the cutie mark, wondering how an earth pony could have a special talent relating to magic. While being pestered by these four, the wizard pony is trying to deal with some sort of wizardly matter that has cropped up in Ponyville.

The things I'm looking for help with are:

1. A name and cutie mark for the pony wizard.

2. The nature of the wizardly matter the pony wizard is dealing with. The plots of the books are:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Book 1: The main characters, Nita and Kit, have just become wizards They must complete their Ordeal, their first task as a wizard. The wind up traveling to a reality which consists of a dark, twisted version of Manhatten to retrieve the Book of Night with Moon, a description of the entire universe, which has been stolen by the Lone Power. When they return to their own reality, however, the Lone Power pursues; to prevent It from destroying Earth, they must read from the Book of Night with Moon. When they reach the Lone Power's name, Nita makes a change to add the possibility of redemption to the Lone Power.

Book 2: Nita and Kit become involved in a ritual to seal away one aspect of the Lone Power, known as the Song of the Twelve. As this ritual is conducted by whales, Nita and Kit must use shapechanging wizardry to participate. However, when they agreed to participate, Nita did not realize that her part in the ritual calls for her to sacrifice herself! Ultimately, the ritual is completed by another participant sacrificing himself in Nita's place.

Book 3: Nita's younger sister Dairine becomes a wizard. At first, she takes a little trip to Mars, then off to other parts of the galaxy. But she is then chased by agents of the Lone Power, and flees to a distant world. There, she helps with the birth of a new species of mechanical lifeforms - but the Lone Power appears to convince this new species of the rightness of Its point of view. Nita and Kit arrive to help, along with a bird named Macchu Picchu (a pet of some higher ranking wizards). Peach, as this bird is frequently called, is revealed to be a physical manifestation of one of the Powers, known as the One's Champion. The Lone Power is convinced to reconcile with the other Powers (the Powers exist outside of time, so this redemption doesn't really have much effect on the later books).

Book 4: Nita goes to live with relatives in Ireland for the summer (she revealed her wizardry to her parents in an utterly fantastic scene in book 2, and they are somewhat uncomfortable with it; they send her to Ireland to try to get her away from wizardry for a while). There, she is involved in yet another ritual to keep the Lone Power imprisoned. However, this ritual requires the Four Treasures of Ireland, which have worn out or even been lost over the years. Nita, Kit, and a variety of Irish wizards recover and refresh the Stone of Fal, the Sword of Nuadu, and the Cauldron of the Dagda, but must, with the aid of one of the Powers who has lived as a human for decades, reforge the Spear of Lugh.

I just realized you can probably find the summaries of the other books on Wikipedia here, so it was kind of silly of me to type these up. Oh well.

I was thinking a something somewhat lower key than what occurs in the main books would be good; some of them (particularly books 2 and 5) are kind of dark, and don't really fit in that well with the general tone of Equestria. Rogue wizards who have gone over to the service of the Lone Power have been mentioned in the books, but I'm concerned that might be a little too heavy.

3. I wanted to work some on meshing the cosmologies of the two series together. Basically, how do Celestia and Luna fit in with the Powers that Be? Are they manifestations of the One's Champion and the Lone Power, respectively? Do they simply, in some way, reflect those Powers?

Probably other stuff I could use some help with, but I'm running out of time to write this post. Any general thoughts about my idea would also be helpful.

A very big thank you to anyone who takes time to read and comment on my idea.

8. - Top - End - #68

Quote Originally Posted by Gadora View Post
    Well you see, certain wards were set up, so Nightmare Moon really needed a body before she could approach Luna again. It just so happened that Gummy was nearby, and unwarded...
    This...works, and now I can think clearly again! Thanks.

Plus, this works as a lead in for GummyxLuna, followed by GummyxCelestia, followed by CelestiaxNightmare Moon, followed by LunaxNightmare Moon, followed by...

Edit: @^: Welcome to ponythread, you are now on a one way trip to ponysanity.
    Last edited by Vent Reynolt; 2011-07-13 at 11:26 AM.
    "Why is it that we receive a penny for our thoughts, but have to put in our 2 cents?"

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

I got an award!
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #69

I... Er...

Quote Originally Posted by Tirunedeth View Post
    Greetings, ponythread! I am somewhat new to MLP, having only been introduced a few weeks ago. I have already been corrupted to such a degree that I have come up with an idea for a fanfic. Now, I have come up with, on a number of other occasions, ideas for stories. I have never actually even really started writing one, so there it is probable that this fanfic will be no different. Nevertheless, I derive a great deal of enjoyment from thinking about writing stories, so I figure that I may as well develop it some anyway. Here's my idea:

Spoiler
    Show
    My basic idea was to combine My Little Pony with the Young Wizards series (So You Want to be a Wizard being the first book). For those unfamiliar with the YW series, the primary antagonist is a being known as the Lone Power. The universe (as well as a variety of alternate realities) was created by beings known as the Powers that Be. They created light, space, gravity, and so forth. The being who came to be known as the Lone Power watched all the others during this time. Once all else had been created, It added Its own creation: death. The other Powers cast out the Lone Power for Its creation, but could not undo what It had wrought. Death had become an inextricable part of the universe.

Wizards are servants of the Powers, who work to oppose death as much as is possible. They are of all species (a spin off series from YW, starting with The Book of Night with Moon, is centered around a group of cat wizards, while one of the later books in the main series covers a sort of exchange program, with two of the main characters going to an alien world and three alien wizards coming to Earth).

In my idea, Equestria is simply one of many alternate realities that have been shown to exist in the YW universe. The fanfic would detail wizards native to Equestria; no characters from the YW books would appear. My loose plot idea involved a pony wizard coming the Ponyville for some mundane reason (wizards in YW maintain normal lives, in addition to their wizardly doings). He has a cutie mark somehow related to his wizardry; to non-wizardly ponies, it appears related to magic - which they find somewhat confusing, since he is an earth pony! When he arrives in Ponyville, his unusual cutie mark draws the attention of the Cutie Mark Crusaders. Twilight, too, becomes intrigued by the cutie mark, wondering how an earth pony could have a special talent relating to magic. While being pestered by these four, the wizard pony is trying to deal with some sort of wizardly matter that has cropped up in Ponyville.

2. The nature of the wizardly matter the pony wizard is dealing with. The plots of the books are:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Book 1: The main characters, Nita and Kit, have just become wizards They must complete their Ordeal, their first task as a wizard. The wind up traveling to a reality which consists of a dark, twisted version of Manhatten to retrieve the Book of Night with Moon, a description of the entire universe, which has been stolen by the Lone Power. When they return to their own reality, however, the Lone Power pursues; to prevent It from destroying Earth, they must read from the Book of Night with Moon. When they reach the Lone Power's name, Nita makes a change to add the possibility of redemption to the Lone Power.

Book 2: Nita and Kit become involved in a ritual to seal away one aspect of the Lone Power, known as the Song of the Twelve. As this ritual is conducted by whales, Nita and Kit must use shapechanging wizardry to participate. However, when they agreed to participate, Nita did not realize that her part in the ritual calls for her to sacrifice herself! Ultimately, the ritual is completed by another participant sacrificing himself in Nita's place.

Book 3: Nita's younger sister Dairine becomes a wizard. At first, she takes a little trip to Mars, then off to other parts of the galaxy. But she is then chased by agents of the Lone Power, and flees to a distant world. There, she helps with the birth of a new species of mechanical lifeforms - but the Lone Power appears to convince this new species of the rightness of Its point of view. Nita and Kit arrive to help, along with a bird named Macchu Picchu (a pet of some higher ranking wizards). Peach, as this bird is frequently called, is revealed to be a physical manifestation of one of the Powers, known as the One's Champion. The Lone Power is convinced to reconcile with the other Powers (the Powers exist outside of time, so this redemption doesn't really have much effect on the later books).

Book 4: Nita goes to live with relatives in Ireland for the summer (she revealed her wizardry to her parents in an utterly fantastic scene in book 2, and they are somewhat uncomfortable with it; they send her to Ireland to try to get her away from wizardry for a while). There, she is involved in yet another ritual to keep the Lone Power imprisoned. However, this ritual requires the Four Treasures of Ireland, which have worn out or even been lost over the years. Nita, Kit, and a variety of Irish wizards recover and refresh the Stone of Fal, the Sword of Nuadu, and the Cauldron of the Dagda, but must, with the aid of one of the Powers who has lived as a human for decades, reforge the Spear of Lugh.

I just realized you can probably find the summaries of the other books on Wikipedia here, so it was kind of silly of me to type these up. Oh well.

I was thinking a something somewhat lower key than what occurs in the main books would be good; some of them (particularly books 2 and 5) are kind of dark, and don't really fit in that well with the general tone of Equestria. Rogue wizards who have gone over to the service of the Lone Power have been mentioned in the books, but I'm concerned that might be a little too heavy.

3. I wanted to work some on meshing the cosmologies of the two series together. Basically, how do Celestia and Luna fit in with the Powers that Be? Are they manifestations of the One's Champion and the Lone Power, respectively? Do they simply, in some way, reflect those Powers?

Probably other stuff I could use some help with, but I'm running out of time to write this post. Any general thoughts about my idea would also be helpful.

Welcome to the herd! I can't offer much advice or reading right now (at work), but I will definitely come back to that idea.
    Last edited by Titanium Fox; 2011-07-13 at 11:28 AM.
    Avatar by DirtyTabs in the Adopt-A-Pony thread.

Thank you all so much for voting!
    Co-Winner of Rainbow Dash in the Playground!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    For your dedication to ponies and giving us all entertainment with your quote tree o' doom, I hereby award you the Louisianan Purchase. How can I do that? Long story short, let's just say I picked a doozy of a poker game to go "all in".

10. - Top - End - #70

Plus, this works as a lead in for GummyxLuna, followed by GummyxCelestia, followed by CelestiaxNightmare Moon, followed by LunaxNightmare Moon, followed by...
    GummyxCelestiaxLunaxNightmare Moon?

Also, I might try writing GummyxNightmare Moon. It would certainly be interesting...

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ettin in the Playground

Edit: @^: Welcome to ponythread, you are now on a one way trip to ponysanity.
    I thought I was immune to the pony-thread ability to break minds.

I was wrong.

12. - Top - End - #72

I was wrong.

Awww, I can't take credit for that. Curses, I'll have to try harder next time.

13. - Top - End - #73

I was wrong.

Saved. So incredibly saved.

Spoiler
    Show
    For your dedication to ponies and giving us all entertainment with your quote tree o' doom, I hereby award you the Louisianan Purchase. How can I do that? Long story short, let's just say I picked a doozy of a poker game to go "all in".

14. - Top - End - #74

I have officially just broken a mind. Should I be proud of what I've done?

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

I got an award!
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #75

I have officially just broken a mind. Should I be proud of what I've done?
    Hey, I started up a count of how many minds I've broken, I'd say you should be proud.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

Last thread we opened with the discussion of ponytrees. Now we open with crack pairings that should never see the light of day.

I'm noticing a trend here...
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

You wouldn't happen to be from Europe, would you?
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

18. - Top - End - #78

Last thread we opened with the discussion of ponytrees. Now we open with crack pairings that should never see the light of day.

I'm noticing a trend here...
    Fluttertree/Hummingway is my new OTP.

EDIT: Burn me, but I just thought of a worse pairing than Hummingway.
    Last edited by Gadora; 2011-07-13 at 11:50 AM.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Firbolg in the Playground

At the point where I merged a British meme inside of a zombie killing game with AB's disembodied head I realized there is no end to the madness ponythread can drive one to.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

20. - Top - End - #80

Quote Originally Posted by Gadora View Post
    Fluttertree/Hummingway is my new OTP.

EDIT: Burn me, but I just thought of a worse pairing than Hummingway.
    Bloomberg is saddened about being left out of a Fluttertree pairing, but he has Braeburn to comfort him, so it'll be all right.

What would be worse than Hummingway?

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

I got an award!
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Greetings, ponythread! I am somewhat new to MLP, having only been introduced a few weeks ago. I have already been corrupted to such a degree that I have come up with an idea for a fanfic. Now, I have come up with, on a number of other occasions, ideas for stories. I have never actually even really started writing one, so there it is probable that this fanfic will be no different. Nevertheless, I derive a great deal of enjoyment from thinking about writing stories, so I figure that I may as well develop it some anyway.
    If nopony wants to, can I post it?

Spoiler
    Show

Welcome!
    Last edited by RdMarquis; 2011-07-13 at 12:10 PM.

22. - Top - End - #82

Bloomberg is saddened about being left out of a Fluttertree pairing, but he has Braeburn to comfort him, so it'll be all right.

What would be worse than Hummingway?
    Flutterberg. :D
    Or better yet. FlutterAppleBerg. :D

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #83
    Troll in the Playground

Re Spike: I really do like the idea of a race of dragonborn. I'm not sure how common I want them to be as pony assistants.

I am increasingly liking the idea that Spike has a lifespan roughly the same as the ponies, and that he'll stop growing when he hits the Johnny Bravo size he was in that fantasy (after all, magically grown up Spike kinda looked like a giant baby Spike. Kinda).

It occurs to me that Celestia's X-Men academy can't have THAT many students, so there could just be a dozen of them in Canterlot. I'm now imagining that the eggs require magic to hatch, and when a mother doesn't want her new egg in Dragonbornopolis, she sends it to Canterlot to await magical hatching. The dragon gets a nice home, the ponies get a nice assistant/magical test/companion, everyone wins.
    Last edited by darthbobcat; 2011-07-13 at 12:21 PM.
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

24. - Top - End - #84

All hail the Great and Powerful Bobcat. And please accept these gifts of money and power.

Wait... what am I saying? What is going on with my mind?!

Also, VG cats updated (admittedly, that phrase is probably an oxymoron by now) and I got a kick out of the first panel.

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

I got an award!
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    Celestia's X-Men academy
    .....Now I want this.
    Protect Humanity
    Enslave the gods

26. - Top - End - #86

So I was looking through my channel list and realized at some point Direct TV started carrying Hub. Can someone help me out by finding the "so much pony" gif?
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

27. - Top - End - #87
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowydragon View Post
    .....Now I want this.
    Nightmare Moon: The world will never understand unicorns, Celestia. We must destroy the chaff. As the Tarpan gave way to the Earth Pony, it is time for the unicorn to claim her rightful place at the head of the world!

Celestia: Sister... sister what are you thinking? You know I can't read your mind with that helmet on.

Nightmare Moon: That's kind of the point, now isn't it?
    Last edited by darthbobcat; 2011-07-13 at 12:42 PM.
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    So I was looking through my channel list and realized at some point Direct TV started carrying Hub. Can someone help me out by finding the "so much pony" gif?

29. - Top - End - #89

Excellent, thank you for the graphical representation of my television right now.
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #90
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    Nightmare Moon: The world will never understand unicorns, Celestia. We must destroy the chaff. As the Tarpan gave way to the Earth Pony, it is time for the unicorn to claim her rightful place at the head of the world!

Celestia: Sister... sister what are you thinking? You know I can't read your mind with that helmet on.

Nightmare Moon: That's kind of the point, now isn't it?
    Oooh! Oooh! Which pony corresponds to which mutant/what is each pony's mutant power?
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!