New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 24394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1475
  1. - Top - End - #1441
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XVII: Call Upon the Thread Ponies!

Almost every time a discussion of a popular story pops up somewhere, I feel like an incredibly snooty bully (the kind with fishnet stockings and a monocle), because my first instinct is to drop in from the skies and talk about all the flaws and reasons why the story doesn't deserve the accolades it gets. Maybe it would be better if I acted like a proper lady afterward and invited everypony to tea, but... argh.

I have become everything I hate. I am so wrapped up in literary critique that I have lost sight of the real reason why fanfiction exists: the enjoyment and delight of the authors and the readers. Things that achieve this deserve praise, regardless of their flaws. The flaws don't really matter outside of a discussion comparing the various stories.

Actually, could that be what sets me off? Am I taking the phrase, "one of the best" as a call to arms?

Well fine then. Alternate discussion topic! Every time Bon Bon has had a "major" role in Season 1, she has been a super snoot. Glaring down Applejack until she'd gotten almost an entire stock's worth of free apples, or her "And just who are you?" treatment of Rarity in Green Isn't Your Color. All of this makes me wonder: in contrast to all of our fanoning in these threads about how she and Lyra struggle against the Equestrian economy, chasing their dreams while holding each other tight, might they in fact be incredibly affluent? Does Lyra show up everywhere because she's actually an incredibly successful musician with money to travel and pay for cloud walking spells? Are they the Ponyville Nobility? =D

2. - Top - End - #1442
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    I have become everything I hate. I am so wrapped up in literary critique that I have lost sight of the real reason why fanfiction exists: the enjoyment and delight of the authors and the readers. Things that achieve this deserve praise, regardless of their flaws. The flaws don't really matter outside of a discussion comparing the various stories.
    First, never, ever think giving a critique as a bad thing. If someone is unwilling to accept the flaws in their creation, it only serves to make your argument more valid. Just because everyone else likes a story does not oblige you too, as well.

The ability to see through an excellent piece of work to its flaws does not, in and of itself, make you a bad person. Reading and critiquing literature is a lot like playing and critiquing music. The more experience you have, the easier it is to spot the flaws.

TL;DR: Just because you can see something negative doesn't mean you're a bad person.
    Last edited by dromer; 2011-07-31 at 01:18 PM.

3. - Top - End - #1443
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Get this massive pile of semi-concious, frozen, Con-drained miniature equines The. Hell. OFF me!!!!!
    Um, since when Liches do Con damage?

Somepony better get ready to give those poor ponies a Restoration or seven to restore all their Con Drain, and something for all the damage caused by the Cold criticals.
    What cold criticals?

See above ;P
    Come one, come all! GitP MLP Steam Group is open!
    Current location of the last MLP Thread OP, too.
    Want to ask me something? Use MAIL or message me on Steam!

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    Amazing Art by Dirtytabs :P
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

4. - Top - End - #1444

Well fine then. Alternate discussion topic! Every time Bon Bon has had a "major" role in Season 1, she has been a super snoot. Glaring down Applejack until she'd gotten almost an entire stock's worth of free apples, or her "And just who are you?" treatment of Rarity in Green Isn't Your Color. All of this makes me wonder: in contrast to all of our fanoning in these threads about how she and Lyra struggle against the Equestrian economy, chasing their dreams while holding each other tight, might they in fact be incredibly affluent? Does Lyra show up everywhere because she's actually an incredibly successful musician with money to travel and pay for cloud walking spells? Are they the Ponyville Nobility? =D
    Argh, the one spot where I want to completely ignore canon and go with fanon. Bon Bon's behavior on the show is at complete odds with how I prefer to think of her. I want her to be nice, not mean and stuck up. Her voice is silly too.
    Last edited by Bayonet Priest; 2011-07-31 at 01:33 PM.

5. - Top - End - #1445
    Troll in the Playground

Almost every time a discussion of a popular story pops up somewhere, I feel like an incredibly snooty bully (the kind with fishnet stockings and a monocle), because my first instinct is to drop in from the skies and talk about all the flaws and reasons why the story doesn't deserve the accolades it gets. Maybe it would be better if I acted like a proper lady afterward and invited everypony to tea, but... argh.

Actually, could that be what sets me off? Am I taking the phrase, "one of the best" as a call to arms?

Not sure how to help you with your standards issue, but I know the feeling.

And the glaring at Applejack was probably more because Applebloom did just accuse her of theft. As friendly as Equestria and especially Ponyville are, theft is probably a more serious offense than it is irl.

As for the others, well Lyra probably does have occasional musical gigs, some of which are in Cloudsdale or other pegasus cities, so the cloud walking spells are needed, and she sneaks one for her family whenever she can, since it's paid for by her client. The fashion snow snobbery is probably more a case of there being lots of dopplegangers, and that wasn't the real Bon Bon.

Actually, with all the duplicates, is it possibly ponies use smell or something more than sight to identify each other?
    Thanks to Dirty Tabs for the Travis pony.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

Breakdown Twilight from Pony Halloween celebration, thanks to Thanqol.

Thanks to Akrim.Elf for the awesome Laharl pony.

6. - Top - End - #1446
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Strife View Post
    Orichalcum or Starmetal Alchemical, a Twilight (they're good at knowledge, magic and making stuff, just like the Twilight in the show! ) caste Solar with a bunch of Magitech enhancements, or a Sidereal with the same.
    Cheating!

And if you're gonna be like that, Mecha-eclipse with siddie charms.

(casts Mass Restoration on the ponies. Hugs them.)

If you can outsource a little of your defence budget, Mister Aotrs, I can develop a humane (pony man? Pomane?) method of counteracting pony based attack.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

7. - Top - End - #1447
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Welf View Post
    okay: the Pie family is Equestria's equivalent of hippies. Equestria is a place of happiness and joy, so living a live of hard work with absolutely no fun is a rejection of all social norms. The Pie parents probably were second generation and didn't know about any other kind of living, so they had no defence mechanisms when their family was corrupted by happiness and laughter.
    You know, I wanted to say it doesn't make sense, but by the end of the 4th sentence it started to make one, and by the end it was pretty believable. But, then why would Pinkie's grandma teach her to laugh? Or maybe she started teaching her that because she was the only one who still remembered how?

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

8. - Top - End - #1448

The fashion snow snobbery is probably more a case of there being lots of dopplegangers, and that wasn't the real Bon Bon.
    Aha! The perfect way to rationalize it. Bon Bon actually has an evil twin sister who has made it her life's goal to discredit the real Bon Bon. What should we name her?

9. - Top - End - #1449
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Cheating!

And if you're gonna be like that, Mecha-eclipse with siddie charms.

(casts Mass Restoration on the ponies. Hugs them.)

If you can outsource a little of your defence budget, Mister Aotrs, I can develop a humane (pony man? Pomane?) method of counteracting pony based attack.
    I think Twilight works better, just because Twilights have the affinity for making magitech stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayonet Priest View Post
    Aha! The perfect way to rationalize it. Bon Bon actually has an evil twin sister who has made it her life's goal to discredit the real Bon Bon. What should we name her?
    Nob Nob, obviously.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

10. - Top - End - #1450
    Bugbear in the Playground

Honestly, don't feel bad about being so heavy on the critique. As a writer (I know I haven't produced any pony fics yet but bear with me) critique is welcome. Honestly when a fic "hits the top" so to speak very few people will critique it, so the author can stagnate for it. Everyone always has room for improvement, and pointing out where it is can be one of the best types of comments an author can receive. Personally I look at the fact that you can still critique these 'acclaimed' works as a good thing rather than bad.

Ponyville Nobility? I'm inclined to disagree on semantics on that one. I could definitely see well off, even affluent, but Ponyville doesn't seem like the type of place to host Nobility on any real level.
    Avatar by DirtyTabs in the Adopt-A-Pony thread.

Thank you all so much for voting!
    Co-Winner of Rainbow Dash in the Playground!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    For your dedication to ponies and giving us all entertainment with your quote tree o' doom, I hereby award you the Louisianan Purchase. How can I do that? Long story short, let's just say I picked a doozy of a poker game to go "all in".

11. - Top - End - #1451

If I remember correctly, she was upset Applebloom tried to force those apples on her and she left rather awkwardly. I read that scene more as Applejack not getting the hint that she wanted the apples out of the bag rather than more, and she decides to leave with what she got rather than have Applejack drop the whole stand on her.

12. - Top - End - #1452

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    If I remember correctly, she was upset Applebloom tried to force those apples on her and she left rather awkwardly. I read that scene more as Applejack not getting the hint that she wanted the apples out of the bag rather than more, and she decides to leave with what she got rather than have Applejack drop the whole stand on her.
    Yeah, I can't blame Bon Bon one bit for her reaction in this scene. If I was in her position I might even be a little less polite than she was.
    Avatar by DirtyTabs in the Adopt-A-Pony thread.

Thank you all so much for voting!
    Co-Winner of Rainbow Dash in the Playground!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    For your dedication to ponies and giving us all entertainment with your quote tree o' doom, I hereby award you the Louisianan Purchase. How can I do that? Long story short, let's just say I picked a doozy of a poker game to go "all in".

13. - Top - End - #1453
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah, it looked similarly to me. Though...

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Fox View Post
    Ponyville Nobility? I'm inclined to disagree on semantics on that one. I could definitely see well off, even affluent, but Ponyville doesn't seem like the type of place to host Nobility on any real level.
    Guess who can be owner of the orchards, Apple family being only tenants, explaining their hard work, extreme lack of funds, and AJ bowing deeply to a pony that can kick them out of their home with but a word

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    HW Ava © ETsofu

14. - Top - End - #1454
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kyouhen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

Oh darn, that reminds me; from my last post, 160 bits is $20 USD.
    Spoiler
    Show

Well cuddles are free. So that is, hang on...

*Does some fancy mathematics*

Ah yes, infinite cuddles.
    Last edited by Jahkaivah; 2011-07-31 at 01:48 PM.
    Steamname: Atheist God, if you're lucky.

15. - Top - End - #1455
    Troll in the Playground

Another image dump:

Hokuto no Pinkie
    Spoiler
    Show

Hm... Delicious Bacon
    Spoiler
    Show

My desire for G-Gundam ponies, validated!
    Spoiler
    Show

Something cute.
    Spoiler
    Show

And lastly, seizure inducing Pinkie Pie.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #1456
    Ettin in the Playground

Guild Business
    Spoiler
    Show

Ah, Princess. Sure, your words say "oh, you surprised me" but your eyes tell a different story. Who would have thought the Princess would be one to Enjoy dressing in front of other ponies?

There are depths to you, my dear monarch, which would required a veritable romance novel to plumb. I shall keep my eye on you.

*blink, blink*

I, um, have somewhere else to be. Yes, I shall be going and writing ponies now, writing about ponies that don't wear gauzy sun stockings, yessireeee. Not saving this with the force of a falling sun, no, not at all. I shall be writings now, yes. Aheh.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

17. - Top - End - #1457
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    *blink, blink*

I, um, have somewhere else to be. Yes, I shall be going and writing ponies now, writing about ponies that don't wear gauzy sun stockings, yessireeee. Not saving this with the force of a falling sun, no, not at all. I shall be writings now, yes. Aheh.
    Meanwhile, back in Canterlot.

Silly mortals, they're so easily manipulated.

18. - Top - End - #1458
    Troll in the Playground

Well, she has one word name, solid gold musical instrument, and can apparently go to the Gala without relying on Twilight's tickets...

Just add 2+2

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    HW Ava © ETsofu

19. - Top - End - #1459
    Titan in the Playground

Finally did some art after more than a week away from my computer...

A certain portrait of a certain ancestor of a certain pony, from my fan fic Fillystata. I wanted a nicer piece to represent the story.

I'm not sure... does it need something or is it fine as it is?

20. - Top - End - #1460

Honestly, don't feel bad about being so heavy on the critique. As a writer (I know I haven't produced any pony fics yet but bear with me) critique is welcome. Honestly when a fic "hits the top" so to speak very few people will critique it, so the author can stagnate for it. Everyone always has room for improvement, and pointing out where it is can be one of the best types of comments an author can receive. Personally I look at the fact that you can still critique these 'acclaimed' works as a good thing rather than bad.
    I agree completely. When one of my fics "hit the top" of the Avatar: The last Airbender fandom I got ZERO good feedback. Critique is needed.

And frankly if you think the superfic needs some incredible work then it probably does >< do us all a favor and say something. Even if the author is being a brat and brushes you off, all writers have that nagging voice in the back of their head (yeah, you know the one I'm talking about) and they will start looking at their own work a little closer just cuz you made them think about it.

Chances are, however, you'll be thanked: no one wants their prized artwork to be hailed as this great thing only to find out people were "just being nice."
    Last edited by Brazen Shield; 2011-07-31 at 02:07 PM. Reason: I DON'T KNOW HOW TO SPELL!!!!
    Thank you ShadowySilence for the awesome policepony avatar!
    I love my filly~

21. - Top - End - #1461
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    Finally did some art after more than a week away from my computer...

A certain portrait of a certain ancestor of a certain pony, from my fan fic Fillystata. I wanted a nicer piece to represent the story.

I'm not sure... does it need something or is it fine as it is?
    Perhaps something more to differentiate her from Twilight? A lighter shade of purple or something for her coat? Perhaps different coloured eyes? They look identical as it is, apart from the cutie mark.

(Disclaimer, I haven't gotten around to reading your fanfic, so disregard if it the similarities pertain to your story.)

22. - Top - End - #1462
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Perhaps something more to differentiate her from Twilight? A lighter shade of purple or something for her coat? Perhaps different coloured eyes? They look identical as it is, apart from the cutie mark.

(Disclaimer, I haven't gotten around to reading your fanfic, so disregard if it the similarities pertain to your story.)
    The similarity is important to the story. The only difference other than the cutie mark is that she's supposed to be older than Twilight, but I'm not sure how to do that without turning her into Granny Smith, which is too old :)

23. - Top - End - #1463
    Troll in the Playground

Don't feel too bad. I tend to have a kneejerk suspicion of well-liked things (in fandom or outside it), though it isn't usually based on any substantial critical response, it's just a thing I do, so if anything your response is probably more legitimate. And I certainly wouldn't say that even well-liked works are absent of flaws. I just found myself liking the atmosphere of Fallout: Equestria (despite its disjunction from the show's feel), and for me atmosphere counts for quite a bit, so once I gave it the benefit of the doubt, I decided to continue with it.

I have to agree with Orchestra (and I think Trixie, too). When I saw the scene, I interpreted Bon Bon's look as having just as much to do with the fact that the ponies were loading her down with apples she didn't want in the first place as it did with her being angry over the accusation.

I will also second the opinion that her voice on the show is not really what I imagine for her in my head, in fact, I find the show voice more than a little silly.
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

24. - Top - End - #1464

Off topic:

Guys! Hey guys! Guys!!!!

Look what I got!! Look! My very own avatar!

*dances*

Yeah~ that's right~ no longer a blank flank~ whoo!
    Thank you ShadowySilence for the awesome policepony avatar!
    I love my filly~

25. - Top - End - #1465

Helping plan for a wedding is absolutely no fun, when it's not your own. I also presume it's not fun when it is your wedding, but still.

Don't feel so bad about it, Phoe. Just because something is popular doesn't necessarily mean it deserves the popularity (does the Transformers series *really* deserve all the money it's made? Really?), and criticism is always a good thing.

I heard someone quote recently on a thread somewhere that "Critics are supposed to speak for the popular opinion." which is such a wrongheaded argument I nearly choked when reading it.

Also, if it helps, you're not the only one who wants to do that with certain popular fics, so, you know, you're not alone.

I think the Applejack thing was simply just the completely uncomfortable situation that she found herself in.

On the other hand, I actually sort of like the idea that they're sort of higher up on the food chain, simply because we seem to be gravitating towards them struggling and having their dreams unfulfilled, so I perhaps like this reversal simply for that. Perhaps Lyra and Bon Bon own a home in Ponyville simply 'to get away from it all' because of the pressures of being in a higher echelon of ponydom.

My desire for G-Gundam ponies, validated!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Damn it, I know it's unpopular, but now I want a Freedom Gundam pony. I always liked that design.

26. - Top - End - #1466
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    The similarity is important to the story. The only difference other than the cutie mark is that she's supposed to be older than Twilight, but I'm not sure how to do that without turning her into Granny Smith, which is too old :)
    Perhaps add another line underneath her eyes? It'll accentuate her age just a little more.

27. - Top - End - #1467
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    I think we can arrange that. After all, we're a sector command station, not a research facility, dammit...

(The (in)famous Elf/Vampire Greatsword Experiment, begun at the behest of the WotC boards notwithstanding...)

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Um, since when Liches do Con damage?

What cold criticals?

See above ;P
    Despite my frequent humourous phrasing of things in D&D terms and equivlient thereof (and occasionally the odd Rolemaster one, as the cold critical was), my dear Trixie, I am not, in fact an artefact of the D&D rules, out here in the real world!

The short version is that Spirit-Bound Undead such as myself are perhaps best thought of as being the spirit in a powerful haunted house, with all the enviromental and other effects one see therein, except the house is smaller, bipedal and carries a rocket launcher...

Spoiler
    Show
    Shorn of the D&D terms used to humorously render my abilities in a fashion most accessable to the D&D-familiar denizens of the Playground, Spirit-Bound Liches have a plethora of abilities, due to our "haunting" of our bodies, including:

• Extremely high resistance (more-or-less immunity in practise) to almost all forms mind-attack and control. Almost all of these effects work on the brain and as well as the mind, and we don't have any actual physical brain structure to work on, or even an analogue to one, like technological creatures do. As an analogy, a real-world equivilent of Dominate Monster would still work on a Cybertank, as it has a brain, just not an organic one.).
    • Regeneration at a fairly considerable rate, due to our souls essentially being infused with our whole body; blow us apart us with something that does not do permenant damage and, somewhat like the T-1000, the parts will slide back together and reassemble over time. And a bit like Wolverine's super-ramped up healing factor, if you don't totally destroy the all the bits of the body with damage inflicted by the types of energy1 that cause permenant damage, we will eventually recover (though the process is not quick!) This also grants us resistance to effects that alter out physical forms for the same reason. "Permenant" damage is like damage to a human; it will heal, but at more a conventional rates akin to a living being's natural healing rate. (I have tended to call this "rejuvenation" here, as Undead cannot technically have Regeneration in D&D without being stupidly overpowered2, and I used the same word when stating proper Liches up for my own games.)
    • An aura of supernatural fear and awe, as do most super-power creatures (angels, demons, dragons, demi-gods etc).
    • The ability to drain the life-force and health of a living creature, on touch, and to a lesser degree, merely by standing in proximity; as a by-product, both of these effects also produce a great deal of elemental cold energy, increasing the harm further. The life-drain is pretty much permenant and irreversible, aside from rare magic (or even rarer very high tech) or over a long period. (In D&D, this equates closest to Con Drain - which, aside from magic healing only "heals" if you put your stat points into in at level up; similarly in Rolemaster, the effects equates easiest to reducing the temporary Constitution stat, which again can only be healed by (the much rarer stat-healing) magic or by level-up (though in RM - naturally - there are several alternate ways of handling it, one akin to D&D's negative levels). The cold portion is easiest to equate to cold damage in D&D and Cold criticals in Rolemaster.)
    • Absorbtion of both negative energy and elemental shadow energy (the latter is not like the D&D illusion definion of the term, but is best thought of of being like a darkness-version of lasers), similarly, we are (in practise) immune to cold-based attacks.
    • Considerable innate resistance to magic, psionics and similar supernatural energies.
    • Slightly enhanced senses, especially with regard to vision and hearing (we can see much further into the EM spectrum and hear higher and lower frequency sounds than humans). We can also see the emanations of life-energy coming from living creatures; this ability is best thought of as us seeing life-energy as a "colour" rather than an illumination.
    • The ability to do pretty much any action we could do in life (except excrete and perform sexual activity), including eat, speak, sigh, and occasionally spontaneously spew up random things if surprised.

The proficiency, intensity and degree to which any Lich or Skeleton Warrior3 manifests these abilities varies from individual to individual, though it tends to increase, as do all things, with time, power and experience.

So now you know. And knowing is part of the conflict or somesuch...

1I'll leave you to guess at what sorts those are, because I'm not stupid enough to tell you! Not, that, sadly, they are especially rare in a high-tech universe anyway.

2Because the only thing that would ever inflict damage would be the thing that casues real damage; anything else causes nonlethal - which Undead are immune to. That's why, say, Vampires have fast healing, not regeneration!

3Nomenclature used to specifically describe a Spirit-Bound skeletal Undead with no spellcasting ability; basically a Lich like me but with no spellcasting ability. (As Aotrs basic training requires learning basic necromancy spells (e.g. creating animated undead) the Aotrs is quite literally composed of Liches.) As Spirit-Binding, unlike phylactery-binding, is not something you genenally can do to yourself (it's difficult to cast spells when you're dead; i.e. your soul is seperated from your body), this is possible, unlike in D&D when only spellcasters can become "liches".

Yeah, so. Um. Ponies are cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Brazen Shield View Post
    Look what I got!! Look! My very own avatar!
    Nice. Simple, but effective.
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2011-07-31 at 02:40 PM.

28. - Top - End - #1468
    Firbolg in the Playground

As long as you can elaborate well on the points against it you're making while admitting to the charm or points others make on the for side, you're being a good critic.

Also, my DA feed gave me diabeetus
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

29. - Top - End - #1469
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't know, in my personal fannon Twilight has a given noble title as part of her position as Celestia's protege. As for why it's never come up, she strikes me as the sort who would either not consider it worth mentioning to the point of forgetting about it, or would actively hide it like she did with her magical talent in Boast Busters.

Also, this
    Spoiler
    Show

All hail Princess Derpy! Muffins for the Muffin Throne!
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

30. - Top - End - #1470
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post
    Also, this
    Spoiler
    Show

All hail Princess Derpy! Muffins for the Muffin Throne!
    I, for one, welcome our new wall-eyed overlordladypony!
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!