New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303146 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XVIII: Perfect Isn't Easy

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    So I'm rip-roaring and ready to go with the Guardalopolis comic. All I want/need is a blue pencil, and some time to draw without an audience watching and judging my every pen-stroke.

So I should be started in about a week. After that, minor clean-up, and it's off to Alterform, so he can discard them or use them at his leisure.
    Hm.

I may just use a smaller format so it's easier for him to work with. He could add a lot of the completed details himself that way...

I am sooo looking forward to cartooning again. It may be just a hobby, but it's an inspiring one.
    Not sure what you mean by smaller format. I certainly can't imagine file size being an issue, and any details you add help me to infer what's important in the visual space.

2. - Top - End - #602
    Ettin in the Playground

@SiuiS
    Nah, it's more of all this talk of shipping has me bewildered! (I still am anti-shipping to a certain extent.) And world-building too.

For the same reason, I can only look on while you guys post such stuff. (Not to say it isn't great, it's just that I cannot contribute anything meaningful to the topic.)

3. - Top - End - #603
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    This is normal for an active author. On the one hoof, it's a sign you're improving. On the other hoof, it's something you have to learn to ignore to a certain extent, or you become like me, not moving because you're terrified of being sniffed out as a fraud, and begin to consider silence the preferable option to quantity or quality.
    ^This is equally applicable to artists. I would like to draw all day every day, except that I haaaate my work.

edit: ahhh ninja'd! let me get the right quotes in place... okay there we go.
    Last edited by Capt. Ido Nos; 2011-08-02 at 01:37 PM.

4. - Top - End - #604
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Ido Nos View Post
    ^This is equally applicable to artists. I would like to draw all day every day, except that I haaaate my work.
    Hey, an excuse to repost this
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

5. - Top - End - #605
    Banned

ATTENTION EVERYPONY
    I'm in a bit of a bind. Asked a mod about fast posting > mod asked for link to the discussion in question.

But it was less a discussion and more a bunch of posts fretting as far back as last thread... So can I get some help compiling the needed links? I'll begin searching myself ASAP but I am on this slow, hand held device.

This is normal for an active author. On the one hoof, it's a sign you're improving. On the other hoof, it's something you have to learn to ignore to a certain extent, or you become like me, not moving because you're terrified of being sniffed out as a fraud, and begin to consider silence the preferable option to quantity or quality.
    Well, I've been struggling back and forth trying to divine the line between harassment and encouragement. But enough aboun that;

KEEP WRITING PHOE. KEEP AT IT. I WANT MORE RAINBOWS. I WILL SEND YOU PICTURES OF PONIES DOING PUPPY DOG EYES. DO NOT CALL MY BLUFF.

Seriously. You're good at the work. Keep at it. Please?

-

I keep trying to catch up on the Dominic deegan thread. But its so snarky. It's like not liking spicy food and ordering Cajun; I have to clear my plate but it's so unpleasant.

6. - Top - End - #606
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    Equestria's #1 trickster strikes again...

This one was pretty quick... but I think it's ok.
    I especially like the look on Blueblood's face in the second panel.

7. - Top - End - #607
    Banned

Ah, nevermind friends. Got it.

Special thanks to Brazen Shield, who was doing clever searches while I was asking you guys for help on doing clever searches.

8. - Top - End - #608
    Troll in the Playground

Image Dump: Sorry SiuiS, what exactly are you talking about again in regards to fast posting? Edition.

Spoiler
    Show

Her little skirrrrt, her little skirrrrt, aaaaaaaaaaaah...

Not everypony can wield the power of TRIXIE.

Yaaaaaay Beauty Brass! Confession time: I like her better than Octavia. Maybe it's my years of marching band, but I love a girl who knows her way around a brass instrument so large you have to carry it on your shoulders.

My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

9. - Top - End - #609

Well, I've been struggling back and forth trying to divine the line between harassment and encouragement. But enough aboun that;

KEEP WRITING PHOE. KEEP AT IT. I WANT MORE RAINBOWS. I WILL SEND YOU PICTURES OF PONIES DOING PUPPY DOG EYES. DO NOT CALL MY BLUFF.

Seriously. You're good at the work. Keep at it. Please?
    I'm gonna say this a little blunter than SiuiS, because I only have a few moments here:

Damn it, Phoe, you are not a fraud. Don't second-guess yourself like that, just write! I know you're not a fraud, we all know you're not a fraud! Don't lapse into silence, that's the worse thing possible for a creative person!

Don't do what you and I both thought *I* was going to do, way back when!

There, I've said my piece. Don't give up on yourself like that.

10. - Top - End - #610
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kindablue View Post
    I especially like the look on Blueblood's face in the second panel.
    Thanks. I'm not the best at expressions, so it's always nice when I manage to pull it off :)

11. - Top - End - #611
    Ettin in the Playground

Thanks. I'm not the best at expressions, so it's always nice when I manage to pull it off :)
    Oh sweet, it was you? Sorry if I missed it earlier. Adding you to my DA watch list.

12. - Top - End - #612
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Oh sweet, it was you? Sorry if I missed it earlier. Adding you to my DA watch list.
    No problem

And thanks.

13. - Top - End - #613

When someone saw my spray on the pony TF2 server they commented "I like that guy's stuff." Anyone have an appropriate 'so awesome' or RD squee?
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

14. - Top - End - #614
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    When someone saw my spray on the pony TF2 server they commented "I like that guy's stuff." Anyone have an appropriate 'so awesome' or RD squee?

Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Grif; 2011-08-02 at 02:17 PM.

15. - Top - End - #615

^Coolness has reached 120% of normal capacity.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #616
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post
    I hate to sound facetious, but isn't listening to Dragonforce for the lyrics a bit like watching South Park for the animation quality?
    I wasn't gonna bother arguing with this, but then I remembered I was wearing a Dragonforce t-shirt, so HEY! xD

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Strife View Post
    I don't run away from clop.
    Personally, I have been known to run towards it.

Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
    That's unfortunate, but it wasn't me. This relationship ended at least a year prior to MLP even being on my radar. We had our own set of problems rather...
    LIXIE SAYS IT IS HUG TIME
    (HUG)

LIXIE WANTS A PICTURE OF LIXIE POINTING AT A CLOCK WITH 'HUG' AT EVERYTIME

Quote Originally Posted by Brazen Shield View Post
    Heh. It was 6:30am my time and SiuiS had just gotten to bed himself. We work on a different time schedule than anyone we know.

"Bed time" is anywhere from 4 AM to 11 Am, depending on how drunk tired we are.
    I get up at 3pm and sleep at about 6am.

not joking.

You saved your plot.... this time.
    And what a lovely plot it is, eh? (sidles up to SiuiS.)

Fun fact! She was fuming, until I smirked and highlighted the white text on her phone.

I shall have to prolong our date another day, Madame Guillotine!

-

Lix Lorn. You were one of several dropped quotes from earlier. I have spent the day trying to come up with a response that was
    1) witty
    2) appropriately risqué
    3) would not end with my head waking up in a vat of chemicals, sans body.

It hasn't worked. So I will let Brazen Shield flirt with you, and I'll just watch. I'll be more likely to survive that way XD
    So... what you're saying is... If I can seduce Braz, SiuiS comes as a package deal?

Quote Originally Posted by Brazen Shield View Post
    Oh!! That's right! I was in charge of the response to Lix.
    *facehoof*

Uh... Uh...

@Lix

"Why yes, actually, we do have some handcuffs, but your overseas model intrigue me. We should try them out."

*meanwhile, a silent alarm sounds and minions deep within the basement lab rush about, checking cameras for danger, spotting the sneaky pony guest*
    Oh good!
    (handcuffs you to the bed, locks the door)
    (Wouldn't want anypony BARGING IN now, would we? (wide grin) Oh SiuiiiiiiiiiS come help me with your dearest here.

Quote Originally Posted by ScionoftheVoid View Post
    Go ahead. Of course, you had to ask after the thread speeds up again, shortly after I stopped using the internet for the night - sorry for the delay.
    Thanks. Will be going in when I get home. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Yeah, sure, why not. (Advantage of having high enough technology to be able to understand the science of magic: being able to use technology to scan magic! Huzzah!)
    I thought we had a deal.

*gasp* Bon Bon knows shadow clone jutsu! Bon Bon must be a shinobi! She must be the equestria version of Naruto! And that's why she's got no social skills, because she's got the spirit of a giant nine-tailed demon capybara (with pink hair, hense the pink streak) sealed inside her by the Forth Herdkage, and every ignores her except Lyra, who's part of her team and whom she has a crush on, but Lyra thought Bon Bon was a bit of an idiot and she's got a crush on Twilight, but now she thinks Bon Bon is kinda okay after all, even if she is a bit dumb sometimes and when Bon Bon does something silly and perverted (like using her socksy jutsu) Lyra bucks her hundreds of yards with her brute strength but it's okay because it's really funny and Fluttershy secretly stalks Bon Bon but doesn't ever think she can be as good as her and they all get trained by this really awesome unicorn with one eye whose other eye is an implant from some crazy family of unicorns whose leader everyone thought was dead but he isn't and he wants to take over the moon so he can do like the Master did in that special of Doctor Who and make everypony in world into him but he pretends he's all silly like but he's not really and
    WRITE IT BRO

A long long Ike ago, before there was a gleemax, someone wrote out an adventure involving My Little Pony.
    a colorful, cloudy rainbow world of idyllic splendor, marred by the fact that the wives horse monsters bred by abducting people, transforming them into children (specifically cute little girls) and then cocooned them so they could gestate into ponies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    ._. That's creepy. Reminds me of those weird pony transformation pics that were on Ponibooru a while back.

If anyone hasn't seen those... good. Consider yourself lucky
    I uh.

Can I have links?

She is obviously one of his hero pals- the Green Gossip. Rather than a cutie mark, she has an ear on one side and a mouth on the other. One of the few ponies to always wear a dress.
    Superpowers mean you have two cutie marks?
    UNFOUNDED FANON YAY[/QUOTE]
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

17. - Top - End - #617
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    I've only just gotten into TF2. I noticed that I kept getting blown away by a Sweetie Belle, and there was an Applejack on my team.
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

18. - Top - End - #618

Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    I've only just gotten into TF2. I noticed that I kept getting blown away by a Sweetie Belle, and there was an Applejack on my team.
    A surprisingly large number of people have the name Scoutaloo.

Also, further evidence of Fluttershy's place in the Justice League of Equestria
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #619
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Oh ye gods. Nothing whatsoever to do with ponies, but while I was recovering, I caught the tail-end of a The Brave and the Bold episode with Superman where they were basically doing a full-on parody of all the infamous Silver Age covers popularised by Superdickery.

(Link to a site I found that showed some of the comparisons.)
    I've seen about two episodes of that show and found it pretty meh, but that I have to see!

Well darn, now I want to know what youre talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn
    I uh.

Can I have links?
    Yeeeeah. I shoulda known it'd have that effect. Enjoy your nightmare fuel and don't say I didn't warn you.

Psh, you could be making that up. "pinkie enjoyed herself too much" applies to everything.
    Fair point, and I can't refute that without posting something that will get me banned :/ Well, I did find a censored version but even so...

Besides anyone who really wants to see this stuff should already know where to search for it ¬_¬

Equestria's #1 trickster strikes again...

This one was pretty quick... but I think it's ok.
    That was great XD

Image Dump: Sorry SiuiS, what exactly are you talking about again in regards to fast posting? Edition.

Spoiler
    Show

CUTIE MARK CRUSADERS SOCKS WEARERS YAY!!!

Seriously I love that pic. Especially Scootaloo's reaction.

Random question: Do you have ponies as desktop wallpaper, and if so, what pic?

I got this:
    Spoiler
    Show

I also have Derpy on my phone but I can't find the pic.
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

20. - Top - End - #620
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    LIXIE SAYS IT IS HUG TIME
    (HUG)

LIXIE WANTS A PICTURE OF LIXIE POINTING AT A CLOCK WITH 'HUG' AT EVERYTIME
    D'awwww, Lixie hugs are best hugs! Thanks!
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

21. - Top - End - #621

I'm not going to lie, the Pony Fortress 2 servers are pretty great places. I don't feel nearly out of place with my Pinkie Spy spray, and everyone's pretty chatty which is a good thing for me. I swear, there's this one server that I'm still not convinced that it's not running bots.

Also, the fact that all the sounds are ponies instead of the usual Unreal sounds everyone mods in, it's so refreshing. "Are you a SPY?!?!"
    Last edited by Capt. Ido Nos; 2011-08-02 at 02:38 PM.

22. - Top - End - #622
    Ogre in the Playground

More Bubbles fanart.
    Spoiler
    Show

Sort of.

23. - Top - End - #623
    Troll in the Playground

More Bubbles fanart.
    Spoiler
    Show

Sort of.
    Aaah! My pancreas...why?...
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

24. - Top - End - #624

More Bubbles fanart.
    Spoiler
    Show

Sort of.
    heeee ^^

This makes me so happy.

25. - Top - End - #625
    Troll in the Playground

Derpy: That isn't how I got my cutie mark. My cutie mark doesn't mean I'm good at making bubbles (even though I am). It means that I bubble over with energy and enthusiasm for everything I do!

Carrot Top: Derpy, the doctor said that's EXACTLY what your cutie mark meant.

Derpy: I don't remember that. I guess I have brain problems!

26. - Top - End - #626
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

You're not a fraud, though. And both of you are great writers and I've really enjoyed reading what you've created.

At the risk of trotting out a cliche (), I'd ask you to think of it this way. Is the fear of failing really as bad as never learning how a story would have turned out?

It's odd, really. I can't say I'm ever 100% satisfied with what I've written down. But it's no longer just an idea in my head, and to me, that in itself is an accomplishment, no matter what anyone thinks about it.
    Last edited by RdMarquis; 2011-08-02 at 03:21 PM.

27. - Top - End - #627

More Bubbles fanart.
    Spoiler
    Show

Sort of.
    Cute... O-Ov... Overl- *Hurk!*

Yeeeeah. I shoulda known it'd have that effect. Enjoy your nightmare fuel and don't say I didn't warn you.
    ...Oh god. I... I have no words. Seriously. Why does this exist? That is just so depressing! D:

Random question: Do you have ponies as desktop wallpaper, and if so, what pic?

I got this:
    Spoiler
    Show

I also have Derpy on my phone but I can't find the pic.
    Why yes in fact I do. Just as a heads up, spoilered for language. (If I'm about to get mod-smacked for this someone tell me and I'll go out of my way to censor it, but IMO that kills 95% of the point! )

EDIT: On second thought... Yeah no. I don't want a moderation.

EDIT 2: Crude Censorship: Ahoy!

Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Titanium Fox; 2011-08-02 at 03:24 PM.
    Avatar by DirtyTabs in the Adopt-A-Pony thread.

Thank you all so much for voting!
    Co-Winner of Rainbow Dash in the Playground!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    For your dedication to ponies and giving us all entertainment with your quote tree o' doom, I hereby award you the Louisianan Purchase. How can I do that? Long story short, let's just say I picked a doozy of a poker game to go "all in".

28. - Top - End - #628
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RdMarquis View Post
    You're not a fraud, though. And both of you are great writers and I've really enjoyed reading what you've created.
    Same here.

Spoiler
    Show

Lyra Bundy is catching on, so that's good.

29. - Top - End - #629

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Fox View Post
    ...Oh god. I... I have no words. Seriously. Why does this exist? That is just so depressing! D:
    See, while that is disturbing, it's the weird sort of disturbing that makes me wonder exactly what's going on on that picture. Why is she changing? What's causing it? Is it permanent, or is it sort of like some sort of weird 'werepony' deal?

Maybe this is what happens when you try to eat a pony.

30. - Top - End - #630

Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek View Post
    See, while that is disturbing, it's the weird sort of disturbing that makes me wonder exactly what's going on on that picture. Why is she changing? What's causing it? Is it permanent, or is it sort of like some sort of weird 'werepony' deal?

Maybe this is what happens when you try to eat a pony.
    So ponies are made of... mutant... radioactive candy?

No wonder Celestia's school is a reference to X-Men. It suddenly makes sense!
    Avatar by DirtyTabs in the Adopt-A-Pony thread.

Thank you all so much for voting!
    Co-Winner of Rainbow Dash in the Playground!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    For your dedication to ponies and giving us all entertainment with your quote tree o' doom, I hereby award you the Louisianan Purchase. How can I do that? Long story short, let's just say I picked a doozy of a poker game to go "all in".