New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 29 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #841
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XX

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    How so? That the thread was made maliciously, or that we should have to wait up to ten hours to continue posting? Or do you mean she is wrong about why so many people are leaving the thread?
    Prior to editing, that post strongly implied that Brazen made the thread maliciously. Take that as you will.

To make this post 20% happier, new Heroics! I welcome any and all editing concerns, Phoe.

Also: dun dun dun!
    Last edited by Raz_Fox; 2011-08-13 at 06:48 PM.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

2. - Top - End - #842
    Barbarian in the Playground

Well, I think you did a bang-up job of summarizing, myself. So have some antiflak from me to you
    Seconded, on the 'don't care, therefore PM it' front, and on 'the OPs shouldn't matter that much' front.

On topic: This is my monthly call for Shadowbolts pictures. Ponychan has disappointed me. Anyone have any pictures of the best fliers in the Everfree forest?

3. - Top - End - #843
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
    So in light of recent thread stuff, I wanted to just state publicly that if I post something that's offensive or squicky to other threadgoers (lurkers included ) please send me a PM or something and let me know. I promise I'll do my best to spoiler/tone down/drop whatever it may be, because I do genuinely want everyone else to have a good time in here, and if I'm bothering you, it's most likely because I don't realize what I've done.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    Hello. Just posting to say goodbye. No Trixie = No Lexie.

I know this likely won't bother some, as I was here that often anyway. But it bothers me, as Trixie is my friend. And I don't want to be part of any thread that hurts her.
    Well, we have now heard from both Lex Kat and Soft Serve that starting the thread up without Trixie hurt her. I don't know about you guys, but I see a bit of both sides here:

1) Trixie obviously puts a lot of love and effort into her OPs, and from what I've gathered, specifically asked that we wait for her.

2) Some of the comments at thread start directed at both Trixie and Brazen were a bit rude (even if meant in jest)

3) Waiting for X hours is no fun.

Something I was wondering about, could we not make some sort of compromise here? Obviously Thread XX is shot for now, but if we can somehow guarantee Trixie does the OP, would that at all help?

What I was thinking, if we get mod permission, perhaps we could make an "Overflow Thread" for when a thread fills, so that we can continue discussion until Trixie comes by. This way, Trixie gets to continue doing the OPs, the conversation doesn't halt, and everybody is happy. Only problem is that it technically breaks the 1 thread per topic rule, meaning mod permission would be mandatory.

Thoughts?
    Happy Trixie Appreciation Day!

Old Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Stormpony Avatar by Dirtytabs

4. - Top - End - #844
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dromer View Post
    On topic: This is my monthly call for Shadowbolts pictures. Ponychan has disappointed me. Anyone have any pictures of the best fliers in the Everfree forest?
    Here's one I thought was kinda neat:
    Spoiler
    Show

(Hey one of Thanqol's head ponies is in there...)
    3DS Friend Code: 3625-8308-8437
    Pokemon X | Harvest Moon ANB | Animal Crossing ANL
    Fighting Type | Machoke | Throh | Breloom

5. - Top - End - #845
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    [...]

Thoughts?
    I may have missed some update from the mods in recent months or something...

But I don't remember the 50 page rule ever being particularly strict. Mostly a left-over from back when the site was having trouble, IIRC.

So... I don't see why the mods couldn't be convinced to occasionally let the thread go past 50 pages, for a short time, just to allow Trixie to make the new one.

I could be wrong, of course. Only the mods could tell, but they're reasonable people after all
    Last edited by Deadly; 2011-08-13 at 07:04 PM.

6. - Top - End - #846
    Firbolg in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Thoughts?
    I don't think that trying to implement solutions without knowing the full issue is going to work very well. I mean, we don't know if Trixie would come back even if we decide on something acceptable.

I would be fine with a new "Ponythread XIX.5" solution for overflow until Trixie set up an official new thread, although I was one of the people who saved his comments to a notepad expecting to post them the next day. I'd also be concerned about annoying the moderators that way; we would easily be producing twice as many threads with that solution, just with one of the threads only lasting 5-10 pages before being abandoned. Somehow, I think that solution would cause us more problems in the long run.

I also think that, if some topics are driving people off, then just saying "we shouldn't do this" isn't going to be a solution. At best, you just delay the problem for a few threads, at which point people begin forgetting the agreement and start posting the same stuff again. At worst, we still lose the people who dislike the topic, and we also lose the people posting because they're constantly worried about everything they post, and end up just dropping off.
    Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    There are no bad ideas, just bad execution.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you to zimmerwald1915 for the Gustave avatar.
    The full set is here.

Air Raccoon avatar provided by Ceika
    from the Request an OotS Style Avatar thread

A big thanks to PrinceAquilaDei for the gryphon avatar!
    original image

7. - Top - End - #847
    Troll in the Playground

Seconded, on the 'don't care, therefore PM it' front, and on 'the OPs shouldn't matter that much' front.

Shadowbolts image dump. I'm not sure how new any of this is, but this is the best Deviant Art's given me.

Spoiler
    Show

And another thing, you can't just kidnap me and expect to get away with it, my friends will be here any minute, and you know, those color combinations are just so GUACHE and furthermore...

Diamond Dog: We warn Shadowponies, we say take any pony but that one, but do you listen? NO.

Spoilered for gritty.

Spoiler
    Show

Also, this is a pretty awesome concept for Sweetie Belle's cutie mark. It strikes me as pretty well perfect.

Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by darthbobcat; 2011-08-13 at 07:06 PM.
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

8. - Top - End - #848

Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    I don't think that trying to implement solutions without knowing the full issue is going to work very well. I mean, we don't know if Trixie would come back even if we decide on something acceptable.

I would be fine with a new "Ponythread XIX.5" solution for overflow until Trixie set up an official new thread, although I was one of the people who saved his comments to a notepad expecting to post them the next day. I'd also be concerned about annoying the moderators that way; we would easily be producing twice as many threads with that solution, just with one of the threads only lasting 5-10 pages before being abandoned. Somehow, I think that solution would cause us more problems in the long run.

I also think that, if some topics are driving people off, then just saying "we shouldn't do this" isn't going to be a solution. At best, you just delay the problem for a few threads, at which point people begin forgetting the agreement and start posting the same stuff again. At worst, we still lose the people who dislike the topic, and we also lose the people posting because they're constantly worried about everything they post, and end up just dropping off.
    Good points all around, though one thing I feel I should clarify.

With the filler thread, I was thinking a single thread, not one for each thread. So we'd have Ponythread: Filler Edition, which we would link back to when we get to page 50 of whatever the current thread is. Based on how fast we go through the threads, it shouldn't be a problem in terms of letting it sit for too long. Though still might be a bit of a logistical nightmare what with having two threads running on ponies at the same time.

Old Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #849

Geez, I get pulled away for awhile, and the mess continues. Just for the record, what goes with everypony else, goes with me. If I'm doing anything to make you uncomfortable, please let me know through IMs or something so I know and can try to take actions to correct it. Thusly, I also apologize for when I *have* disturbed people.

That being said, I am sad that we've hit this kind of rough patch in the threads history, and I hope that we can come through it well enough, without too much more damage to anypony.

10. - Top - End - #850
    Troll in the Playground

Things I love: MLP ponies with real world horse colorings.

Spoiler
    Show

The artist said they were trying for an appaloosa (having been unaware of the horse breed, they googled the spelling for the town and it blew their mind.) They say it wound up looking more like a Pinto (watch out for exploding gas tanks! This is one pony that MIGHT explode and explode again!). Either way, love the art. Fully willing to construct a personality for this character.
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

11. - Top - End - #851
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #852
    Troll in the Playground

And thus the entire supply of Shadowbolts pictures on the internet was depleted.

13. - Top - End - #853
    Dwarf in the Playground

Also, this is a pretty awesome concept for Sweetie Belle's cutie mark. It strikes me as pretty well perfect.

Spoiler
    Show
    Oh wow. I really, REALLY love this. I hope it catches on.

And thus the entire supply of Shadowbolts pictures on the internet was depleted.
    Indeed!! I'm actually surprised there is so much fanart for the Shadowbolts, seeing as how they only showed up briefly in one episode.
    (But I suppose the same can be said for Luna!!)

14. - Top - End - #854
    Ettin in the Playground

Hey folks, dinner time. Can't chat. Have a podcast. I talk about a lot of stuff, and you can hear me, but apparently a lot of ponies still don't like the quality. I think my voice just sucks.

15. - Top - End - #855

GnomeWizardGuy

Good points all around, though one thing I feel I should clarify.

With the filler thread, I was thinking a single thread, not one for each thread. So we'd have Ponythread: Filler Edition, which we would link back to when we get to page 50 of whatever the current thread is. Based on how fast we go through the threads, it shouldn't be a problem in terms of letting it sit for too long. Though still might be a bit of a logistical nightmare what with having two threads running on ponies at the same time.
    I guess it would be better to ask a moderator which would be better: taking a thread past 50 pages, or having a second thread occasionally come to life and sink back down after a day. I find both solutions somewhat awkward, though.

Here's an idea: If we want to keep the hard cap on 50 pages, why not start the new thread around page 45 or so? Or is abandoning threads before they hit the 50th page a problem as well?
    There are no bad ideas, just bad execution.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you to zimmerwald1915 for the Gustave avatar.
    The full set is here.

Air Raccoon avatar provided by Ceika
    from the Request an OotS Style Avatar thread

A big thanks to PrinceAquilaDei for the gryphon avatar!
    original image

16. - Top - End - #856
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by WJMill View Post
    Indeed!! I'm actually surprised there is so much fanart for the Shadowbolts, seeing as how they only showed up briefly in one episode.
    Yeah, but Luna is a real fictional being, whereas the Shadowbolts are imaginary fictional beings.
    Last edited by Kindablue; 2011-08-13 at 07:39 PM.

17. - Top - End - #857

Here's an idea: If we want to keep the hard cap on 50 pages, why not start the new thread around page 45 or so? Or is abandoning threads before they hit the 50th page a problem as well?
    You know, that could work. Much less complicated than the others ideas. New thread made around page 45 (maybe a little earlier, depending on thread speed), then we finish up the current thread and migrate over.

Of course we still need to find out if Trixie would be willing or not, as all of this talk is moot if she isn't.

Old Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #858
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kindablue View Post
    Yeah, but Luna is a real fictional being, whereas the Shadowbolts are imaginary fictional beings.
    Ah, I suppose that's true. Well.. In a roundabout way, couldn't you say that The Shadowbolts are a part of Luna? As she transformed/was possessed (or however that worked) by Nightmare Moon, who created The Shadowbolts?

19. - Top - End - #859
    Troll in the Playground

I'm sorry to see some of our regulars going as well, and I'm sorry for anything I did to cause it. If there's anything I can do to make up for it, please PM me and I'd be happy to.

And if there's nothing I can do, PM me anyways so we can talk about things.

I'm also hoping nopony got confused between the normal thread and the Dystopia thread.
    Thanks to Dirty Tabs for the Travis pony.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

Breakdown Twilight from Pony Halloween celebration, thanks to Thanqol.

Thanks to Akrim.Elf for the awesome Laharl pony.

20. - Top - End - #860

I'm sorry to see some of our regulars going as well, and I'm sorry for anything I did to cause it. If there's anything I can do to make up for it, please PM me and I'd be happy to.

And if there's nothing I can do, PM me anyways so we can talk about things.

I'm also hoping nopony got confused between the normal thread and the Dystopia thread.
    I have to echo this, considering I posted in the Dystopia thread.

Originally Posted by WJMill
    Not only that, they are connected to rainbow dash, one of the more popular ponys on the show. Its only natural that they get a unporportional amount of fanart considering there screentime!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

21. - Top - End - #861

Hmm I'm taking a stand in this. I think the whole Trixie/Thread Making talk is off topic (Ponies!!) so I'm putting it in a spoiler box.

Spoiler
    Show
    I've never thought the assigning of one person to be in charge of making the new thread was a good idea. If anything we should spend the last page secureing who should make the next one and what the name of it should be.

When I made this one it was always my impression that it wouldn't last very long, that's why I didn't name it anything other than "XX." Anypony who reads into my making a new thread for any other reason is mistaken.

No one likes to be accused of something they didn't do and we all know that feeling so I'm not even going to try to explain it.

Truth be told, I know why Trixie thinks I made the thread to be mean and I know she's told all Sorts of things to her friends on this thread too. I also know that she is wrong. I know I'm not the only person who thought waiting for her, somepony who dosen't even participate in the thread very much anymore, was stupid. I don't care why she doesn't post that much anymore only that she doesn't.

I have also never done anything to her in a malicious manner. I've been "point-of-fact" and downright straightforward, but never mean.

You guys wanna have a big long conversation about how much of a bad pony I am or how much we hurt somepony's feelings, be my guest.

Just remember: I didn't do anything to be "malicious."

And I think we can all agree that no matter how much "we" hurt her feelings, she's overreacting.

On a personal note: that fact that she's pouting and hiding behind her "hidden" status on the thread and lurking and talking to her friends in private rather than coming out and actually saying why she's upset, is silly.

This thread will go on. If she no longer wishes to be a part of it, so be it.
    Thank you ShadowySilence for the awesome policepony avatar!
    I love my filly~

22. - Top - End - #862

Thread Drama

Well... I can say that ive noticed a large drop in quality of this thread since it was made.
    And while my practical side wants to laugh at anyone who is hurt of upset at something that happens on an internet thread, my sensitive side grieves for their disappearance.
    The great thing about this thread is that its greater then the sum of its parts. its EVERYONE in this thread that makes it what it is. we each have our in making this great, and a missunderstanding has lead to the loss of a few of our key players.

We are human, not pony. we can make mistakes. its possible. Shocker i know. i have NEVER seen anything done out of malice on this Thread. and when someone was hurt we were always quick to remove the hurtful things and apologize.
    ADVENTURE!!!!!

My current story ponies-Ponylagann in the Ponythread.
    Spoiler
    Show

NightScream
    Ponyard
    SkyRocket
    Filly Pokey Pierce

23. - Top - End - #863

I didn't really look over the previous version on GoogleDocs, although I do notice an oddity in this one. In the second to last section, the one starting with "I don't deserve it", there is an odd black-colored word in the fourth paragraph.

Nice use of boldface. Using it for the conversation with Fluttershy is certainly interesting; I like how that worked out.

Yay I got mentioned! I honestly wasn't expecting that.
    You deserved it, so of course you'd get mentioned. (Also, thanks for picking that up, that was an artifact from the translation from Vbullitin to doc.)

24. - Top - End - #864
    Ettin in the Playground

Hey folks, dinner time. Can't chat. Have a podcast. I talk about a lot of stuff, and you can hear me, but apparently a lot of ponies still don't like the quality. I think my voice just sucks.
    AN HOUR AND A HALF?!
    Half of me is going
    The other half is going
    Your voice kind of reminds me of the Nostalgia Chick, I don't think it sucks.

Thread drama
    *sigh* Do I need to call in the heavy weapons fire cute Fluttershy pics?
    Honestly, I think we are starting to reach critical pony withdrawal, hopefully all this will end upon the release of S2.
    Last edited by Gamerlord; 2011-08-13 at 08:24 PM.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

25. - Top - End - #865
    Titan in the Playground

As much as the drama is making me want to scream and shout and run about and yell at you, I'm not gonna. Because of three thing that I think some people are forgetting.

Love.
    Tolerance.
    Ponies.

As cheesy as that may sound, it's still true. It doesn't matter if you're a shipper, a cannibal author, an episode-mimicking author, a lurker, an artist, a harem-pony, a roleplayer, an OP maker or just your run of the mill goddess, everyone here loves and tolerates each other because we all. Love. Ponies.

Just try and remember that, okay?
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

26. - Top - End - #866

Well... I can say that ive noticed a large drop in quality of this thread since it was made.
    And while my practical side wants to laugh at anyone who is hurt of upset at something that happens on an internet thread, my sensitive side grieves for their disappearance.
    The great thing about this thread is that its greater then the sum of its parts. its EVERYONE in this thread that makes it what it is. we each have our in making this great, and a missunderstanding has lead to the loss of a few of our key players.

We are human, not pony. we can make mistakes. its possible. Shocker i know. i have NEVER seen anything done out of malice on this Thread. and when someone was hurt we were always quick to remove the hurtful things and apologize.
    I must agree. And this may sound harsh to some: If a part of the whole is making it worse for a group to enjoy themselves, let alown drama, and wishes to leave, let them leave.

Edit. Lix, you are completly right. The drama that has consumed this thread is rather upseting to see. Cant we all just remember love and tolerance, everybody?
    Last edited by Pokonic; 2011-08-13 at 08:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

27. - Top - End - #867
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    As much as the drama is making me want to scream and shout and run about and yell at you, I'm not gonna. Because of three thing that I think some people are forgetting.

Love.
    Tolerance.
    Ponies.

As cheesy as that may sound, it's still true. It doesn't matter if you're a shipper, a cannibal author, an episode-mimicking author, a lurker, an artist, a harem-pony, a roleplayer, an OP maker or just your run of the mill goddess, everyone here loves and tolerates each other because we all. Love. Ponies.

freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

28. - Top - End - #868

Love.
    Tolerance.
    Ponies.

I, too, must agree with this sentiment. This is something we all need to be reminded of, we're all adults here, and we should treat each other with the love and tolerance that we ourselves feel we deserve.

So, yeah, I'd use the Kane-Clap but Raz beat me too it.

29. - Top - End - #869
    Dwarf in the Playground

Love.
    Tolerance.
    Ponies.

Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    I enthusiastically approve both notions.

30. - Top - End - #870
    Ettin in the Playground

Love.
    Tolerance.
    Ponies.

This. A thousand times this.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".