New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] OOC 23: YO MAMA never called me back.

CURATOR members would probably take a contract involving an Object. They wouldn't be able to do it as an organization, though (due to the solitary nature of every iteration of seeking I've observed in the Nexus). Gathering Objects is not the organization's main purpose.

The IC ways I've seen of learning about the Objects involve the Nexus's version of the internet and, as Zefir mentioned, Holder.org. CURATOR's library wouldn't contain info on the Objects (because this info is readily available online).

---

By the way, isn't Eric dead? Amil did sorta eat him then vomit him up.

2. - Top - End - #362
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah! I wasn't getting that he was saying to look it up on the Nexus-web. Will might have to stumble onto it, then.

(Also, there's at least one Object that you need a friend for, since they (hopefully they, though it might be you) end up being turned into something else, burned, and having a black cat rise from the ashes. The cat is the Object. Though the majority do seem to favor solitary approaches.)

3. - Top - End - #363
    Halfling in the Playground

Well C'nor, I doubt Legion would mind someone going after the Object for her. She might even pay him! Though we still need someone to control the Holder and the environment around it.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

4. - Top - End - #364
    Ogre in the Playground

Good point. If you'd be willing to do that for me with number 47, then I might be able to do it, though. Of course, that would mean that Will wouldn't go after it for Legion, but it would get her the Object.
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2011-08-25 at 01:22 PM.

5. - Top - End - #365
    Titan in the Playground

Now that I think about it, my most of my characters' parent figures haven't featured prominently in their stories.
    Dipsnig's father was a riding wolf breeder, but I haven't given much thought about his mother. Given the goblins' patriarchal society, she was a quiet housewife.
    Both of Wenomir's parents were poor peasants. That's all I've got.
    Michalson never knew his mother, since he's a bastard in the literal sense as well as the figurative one. From what his father told him, she is or was a planeswalking elf.
    Reelshka's parents haven't shown up, and the only thing I've got about her ancestors is that her grandfather died in a war with dwarves.
    Brinika's parents were the only ones to show up onscreen.
    Much like with Dipsnig, Dorota's father had an effect on their backstory, but her mother also blended into the background.
    I've got nothing on Sophie's and Anatolij's parents.
    My retired character Mark was born from the evil essence of Gehenna - not that you'd tell by meeting him - and thus doesn't have parents.
    Last edited by Morty; 2011-08-25 at 01:46 PM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

6. - Top - End - #366
    Ogre in the Playground

Mothers, eh? I'll just cover Kirk and Sakura here.

Kirk did have a mother, yes. She was a matron mother actually. Not a loving relationship by any means, especially when he lodged that knife in her heart.

Sakura doesn't have a mother, the only parental figure she has is Sarget. Technically he doesn't have a gender, and she was born from him. SO I guess he's kind of almost close enough?

7. - Top - End - #367
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kris View Post
    Do you know who your character's mother was?

Be honest, too. No making up mothers on the spot after reading this post, here.
    1.Din's mother is a Ranger for the hylian army in both realities, stern and demanding, and proud like a lioness. Din didn't get along with her in either universe

otherwise...i don't have too many FFRP characters who have established parents, apart from Samuel the bard , who was was Ebberon character, who's mother was a General in the Brelandish army...

thanks beansy!
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #368
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mothers, hmm?

CB-484 is a robot. He has no mother. However, he was manufactured by Impaco, factory 7, full serial is CB-001-34658-484.

Kate Kyland had a rather boring life, it is safe to say she was an only child of an army veteran and a technically-inclined mother. The army veteran did not pass on many army genes, obviously.

Darst... I don't have much backstory to him. I admit it. Probably safe to say his parents are dead and maybe eaten.

The silvery ETs... I'm still working out their gender and parental systems. Suffice to say that neither one is very close to human, nor do they make all that much sense.

Iriel... I know exactly how it works, but that would be mindbogglingly spoilerific.

Enveri Diiai (The 1:1 Dealer)... I do have a bit of information on her family, and a good idea of her backstory.

Traverly... I dunno.

9. - Top - End - #369
    Bugbear in the Playground

Character mothers, Eh? Eh, might as well do a thing

Rae: I know who both his parents are! His mother is a dead magical doctor and his father is an angel-turned-god due to shenanigans and shrugging of duties! They may live in a different dimension, and one of them is technically dead, but that doesn't stop them from showing up for important events sometimes.

Saera: Same deal as Rae, due to being his sister, but a little more weird due to her mom being technically dead when she was born.

Crae: His mother is either a cloning machine, a wall, or Emily. He isn't sure which.

UnRae: Clones!

Trilby: His mother was a poor stretchy alley cat with way too many kids to support. If Em hadn't pulled him out of his dimension, he probably wouldn't have made it past little kittenhood.

Rin and Len: I don't play these guys much, or at all, any more, but their mom was a housewife.

Vicky: Yup... no idea for her, actually. All I know is that her mom used to give her candy a lot before she vamped.
    I made comics!
    Spoiler
    Show

[/URL]
    Crae is the bestest daddy,
    I make avatars, all you have to do is ask, and I'll do it if I can.
    My Awards
    I've got a Formspring, ask me questions if you want.

10. - Top - End - #370
    Ogre in the Playground

Murkus, I posted in The Black Dragon's Den. What was Fettina's reaction, if she heard him?

((Normally I would poke anyone this soon, but he was on recently, so...)

11. - Top - End - #371
    Ogre in the Playground

Riley was kidnapped. Doesn't remember his parents.
    Phil's parents were hippies.
    Garrett's parents are a politically backstabbing bastard and an outsider.
    I have yet to develop my other characters enough.
    GLORIOUS SOVIET SNAIL SUPERTECHNOLOGY

Comrade L.E.S.S. by The Mad Hatter!

Quote Originally Posted by Viper9090 View Post
    My weirdest nightmare has just been replaced.
    (Recaiden) He lives!
    (Firedaemon33) Ia! Ia! TechnoScrabble F'Taghn!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

12. - Top - End - #372
    Barbarian in the Playground

>_>

Zee's mom is Ragnnora The Mother of Monsters. She's the Primordial incarnation of life, growth, and fertility from the Far Realms. And not particularly nice. Zee and Ragnnora don't really see eye to eye on a lot of things. Especially on the treatment of mortals.

Amil's mother... Was a normal human I guess? Haven't put any thought into it.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmζre Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

13. - Top - End - #373
    Ogre in the Playground

Let's see...

Raril's mother ws the Matron of her house, until his eldest sister killed her and took over the positon. His father was some other drow, who he never knew of. Possibly the House Wizard, what with Raril's penchant for magic, however undeveloped it is in him, it does show up in his sons. Drow family life, not so good.

Sszinyon's the same, being Raril's brother, though possibly from a different father.

Lillith's mother is either an Erinyes or a Succubi, as she's a hybrid. However, she was bred and raised by a mindflayer lich called the Enchanter, who she thinks of as her father and is really the only parent she knows.

Victoria is Lillith's daughter. Enough said there I think.

Sornollu is Raril's eldest son, the result of the closest thing a drow might call a marriage between Raril and his once beloved Shi'ndra.

Marcus is actually Sszinyon's son. His mother was attacked by the drow and she abandoned him at a church. He grew up in orphanages with a rough life because of his rather odd appearance. He's living on the streets, now, which he prefers to living in an orphanage.

Brie lost her parents when she was quite young, and while she can remember them, she never knew their names. They died when their fishing village came under attack by a black dragon. Adventurers came to slay the beast and a kindly cleric took Brie to a nearby city and left her to live and work in a tavern.

Ciar, having only recently become human again after spending who knows how long as a shade, barely remembers his previous life and could hardly remember his own name, nevermind who his parents were. Though, he too, was seperated from them at a young age, when he was brought to the monastery where he lived and learned. The Monks there were likely more of a family to him than his true family. That is, if he could remember them at all.

Renault's mother is still enslaved back in his home country. The father he knew was also enslaved, but was killed when a mine shaft collapsed, along with Renault's brothers. Plot twists and secrets say that Renault's biological father is quite a different man.

Nuara's parents, the king and queen of the winter court, are either dead or imprisoned by their rivals from the summer court. Very tragic. Someone should do someting about that...

Ansel's a minor character and I honestly didn't give any thought to his parentage. Though, Nuara is responsible for turning him into a Fey.

Huh... that's about all the characters I can remember at the moment. Do yell at me if I've forgotten anyone.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

14. - Top - End - #374
    Ogre in the Playground

Speaking of Amil, since you're on, what happens now that S'Kanthos is trying to use the Trump of her he made?

15. - Top - End - #375
    Orc in the Playground

DC's parents were fairly normal people, until they died, that is.

Vyrn's parents were royalty. They were executed.

Trent's parents...I don't know about them. Probably dead in a tragic fire accident.
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

16. - Top - End - #376

I guess she'll get poofed from somewhere to somewhere else?

Which instance of her is it being used one?
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmζre Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

17. - Top - End - #377
    Ogre in the Playground

The forest instance. And unless she takes his hand when he asks her to, all that will happen is that she'll feel that there's some sort of magical contact, and he'll be able to see her.

18. - Top - End - #378
    Bugbear in the Playground

Sol's parents are both alive, although they disowned him after he burnt down the village for the second time, and accidently crippled his father.

Jasper doesn't know either of his birth parents, but his adoptive father is still alive, and would be seriously angry if he knew what his miscreant son has been doing.

Fferrir's parents both hated him. His father he murdered, his mother he just ignored. By which I mean he ordered his bodyguards to throw her out the nearest window if she ever talked to him.

The Cat Burglar's mother is happily living in Riverside, peacefully unaware of both her son's criminal ventures, and of the fact that Riverside is now controlled by vampires, demons, and all manner of horrible cults.
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2011-08-25 at 04:39 PM.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

19. - Top - End - #379
    Ogre in the Playground

Pesty's parents got back from SPAAAAAACE about last year or so. Her mom is kind of a badass and her dad is... louder and more excitable than she is.
    ... Scary.

Carrie's parents are dead dead not alive no more dead. She's been unofficially adopted by Renata and Erica, who are respectively a metal-boned posthuman and a centaur lady.

Zwei's family is still around and rich and violent.

Meddy's family is... unimportant. Probably dead.

Tsiln does not and will never know her biological parents due to the way Execuloth society, breeding, and childcare work. She remembers her brood-tender, though.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

20. - Top - End - #380
    Ogre in the Playground

*pokes blackouttwo to Trog's*
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

21. - Top - End - #381
    Orc in the Playground

On mothers:

Nephrim: Created from the soul of a deceased elf-girl approximately 5,000 years ago after aforementioned elf child had been dead for 100 years. No parents.

Dam'Bul: Similar to Nephrim, but 2,500 odd years ago and probably an adult male human at death.

Terrowin: Parents killed when eight; parents were farmers.

Elezibethele: Mother was captured by drow whilst pregnant and died shortly after childbirth. Elezibethele knew neither of her parents.

Azurelle: Mother starved to death to train her daughter as a paladin. After her death, nobody paid Azurelle's tuition fees and Azurelle was kicked out. Father was killed in an ambush during time off; Paladin rules stated that as he didn't die in 'noble battle' his wife was not entitled to his pension.

Natalie: Died in a car accident when Natalie was four.

Myrmidon: Has amnesia.

Defelent: Human woman married to a man who later was possessed by a Karkassolith. Emigrated to the Nexus.

Sattael, Cacame & Nishtar: Raised on a slave-farm. Never knew their parents, as they were seperated from their mothers when they weaned and placed with elderly slaves to be taught how to act; the mothers were then impregnated again.

Everyone else will have parents invented when they come up.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

22. - Top - End - #382
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Jakob: Parents back in Esper, not really caring that much anyway.

Cyrus: He sacrificed his parents, along with a few hundred other people, to Rakdos when he was 10 for a planeswalker's spark. Still doesn't regret it.

Despair: He's over 300, so his parents are long dead and rotted away.

Oblivion: ...He's an anomalous collective of souls filled with burning rage and hatred. He never had a mother, and he's permanently imprisoned anyway.

Jacques: Parents are just fine, living in the France Counterpart on his home plane.

Sarah: Taken away from her parents at a young age to the Circle of Magi. She has no idea where or who they are, and she doubts she would recognize them anyway. Further, her life's taken turns such that they would fear her more than love her, and she doesn't think she could handle that pain.
    Last edited by BladeofObliviom; 2011-08-25 at 09:23 PM.

23. - Top - End - #383
    Ogre in the Playground

What about Sarah?
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2011-08-25 at 06:27 PM.

24. - Top - End - #384
    Ogre in the Playground

C'nor, regarding your post in Trog's earlier...

Rather than quoting rebo's post, which are already quite large, why not just add a bit more description? you could have just said "He says to Amil" and mde sure it didn't extend the page like that.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

25. - Top - End - #385
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay. I can do that.

*Pokes Earl to Underside*

26. - Top - End - #386
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah, hate to do this, Earl, but Wolfy and I were starting a scene in GLoG. I should have mentioned that in the post.

But I believe you were planning on having them talk to her for a while, yes. How about we have the scene tomorrow when it's earlier for you?

27. - Top - End - #387
    Orc in the Playground

That would work. I have to Deadtime now anyway. I'll type tomorrow, though. Goodnight, and don't let the bedbugs bite.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

28. - Top - End - #388
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    That would work. I have to Deadtime now anyway. I'll type tomorrow, though. Goodnight, and don't let the bedbugs bite.
    Bedbugs are the least of your problems if your bed is that dirty. And no, I'm not counting common mites and lice and such.
    GLORIOUS SOVIET SNAIL SUPERTECHNOLOGY

Comrade L.E.S.S. by The Mad Hatter!

Quote Originally Posted by Viper9090 View Post
    My weirdest nightmare has just been replaced.
    (Recaiden) He lives!
    (Firedaemon33) Ia! Ia! TechnoScrabble F'Taghn!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

29. - Top - End - #389
    Troll in the Playground

Family dramas.

Fun.

FF, where were we with Sam and Theo?

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

30. - Top - End - #390

Sorry to hear it, man.

Ah... I wasn't sure what to do with that scene, so I guess it can be assumed that Theo teleported off to plan strategy with his younger self, and everyone else went back to HALO. If you want Sam to come back to help catch her killer, then have Carrie and Dani seek out Tobias.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid