New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Firbolg in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Default Re: Defense Force H: New Beginnings

"All yours Nanoguard," Sgt. Material stated as he got himself in position. "Ready whenever you all are."

2. - Top - End - #62
    Troll in the Playground

Let's do this then.

Spoiler
    Show
    Computer check: (1d20+24)[25] just in case it needs some special commands.

Well, here's hoping it doesn't.
    Last edited by Jallorn; 2011-08-24 at 09:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ertier View Post
    A good background is like a skirt. Short enough to keep my interest, but long enough to cover the important bits.
    Quote Originally Posted by FistsFullofDice View Post
    Derailed in the best way, thank you good sir.
    Spoiler: Homebrew Links
    Show

3. - Top - End - #63
    Troll in the Playground

Nanoguard sends a stream of nanites to try to open the door part-way, but it seems that the heavy security doors of the base aren't designed to do so (for obvious reasons), and his attempts to stop the door from opening fully result in only a slight grinding of internal bars against concrete.

On the other side of the door is a moderately large, well-appointed combination of security room and living room. A large console and series of monitors takes up most of the wall opposite the door, there is a small couch and a television against the east wall and a refridgerator, stove and sink against the west. Near the middle of the room is a dining table, where three men were clearly playing cards just a moment ago. Now, all three are crouched behind the table with assault rifles in their hands pointed towards the door, while a fourth man in civillian clothing has his back against the southern wall near the security console, a pistol gripped tightly in his unsteady hands.

The armed men are wearing black military-style body armour and dark grey and blue fatigues and carrying state-of-the-art assault rifles, and carry their weapons with professional precision. Their helmets incorporate mirrored visors that cover their eyes, and the only thing about them that might denote some sort of allegiance is a patch bearing a stylized golden anvil on their shoulders. One of them calls out, hesitantly, "That you, Lurk? Wait... ****, shoot them!"

Spoiler
    Show

As good an idea as the infiltration plan was, the doors here aren't really designed to open stealthily. Nanoguard would need to have Disable Device to actually modify or disable the door's mechanisms if he wanted to open them partially, though he's more than capable of just jamming them shut if he wants to by disabling the electronic openers.

Battle is upon you. Go ahead and roll initiative, then feel free to post in whatever order you want. Just be ready to use contingencies in the event that a higher-initiative action invalidates yours. For example, if Clone has a higher initiative than Nanoguard but Jallorn wants to post first, he could say "I'll fire my laser at the enemy on the right, unless he's already Stunned in which case target the engineer against the wall". I hope that all makes sense.

GM rolls:
    Spoiler
    Show

Badguys Initiative: (1d20+2)[9]
    Mysterious and Sinister Notice check: (1d20+13)[16]

Avatar by the wonderful SubLimePie. Former avatar by Andraste.

4. - Top - End - #64

SwashbucklerGuy

"Well, not like everything goes according to plan, Sgt. Material thought as he charges head first into the enemy group, crashing himself into one of the men with the assault rifles. Right now the fastest thing needed to be done is to avoid letting the entire complex know about them via alarm.

Spoiler
    Show
    Well-Informed feat allows me to make an immediate Gather Information check on these guys, their uniforms, and their weapons: (1d20+11)[18] What do I find?

Initiative: (1d20)[9]
    Charging, Attack roll on the nearest guard with assault rifle: (1d20+9)[25] DC 28 Toughness if hit

5. - Top - End - #65

Kagami ducks low and then fires off a beam at the engineer, if it missed and hit the console it'd just stop him from doing whatever the hell he was doing.

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative: (1d20+2)[7]
    Attack Roll: (1d20+8)[17]
    Toughness DC is 25 IIRC, correct me if i'm wrong please.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by GFawkes View Post
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackwind1kaze View Post
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

The Hub, for PTA & PTU community building. If you're interested, take a look.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Troll in the Playground

More irritated at his mistake than worried about the weapons arrayed against them, Nanoguard unleashes a blast of energy at one of the armored men at the table.

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative: (1d20+1)[9]
    Attack:(1d20+10)[27]
    Toughness DC 25
    A good background is like a skirt. Short enough to keep my interest, but long enough to cover the important bits.
    Show

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

Closing his eyes for a brief second, Clone's form begins pulsating as smoke seeps out of him. Dragging along the floor as the pulsating stops, the smoke drifts over to next to the gunmen, coalescing into a humanoid shape.

Eyes, nose, mouth, chest, arms, legs. The form takes shape, stealing the appearance of Clone himself as it turns its head toward the gunman, sword appearing in its hand.

Spoiler
    Show

Duplicate, next to the gunman. I *think* that's right.
    Dragonborn Gnome avatar by the ever-lovely Derjuin!

8. - Top - End - #68
    Troll in the Playground

Clone reacts quickly, creating a shadowy duplicate of himself behind the enemy, causing one of them to turn around and fire off a burst of automatic fire uselessly, bullets pattering against the wall. The other two black-clad soldiers open fire on the first person they see, Shift. However, their haste and surprise results in both volleys spending themselves fruitlessly against the walls around the door, accomplishing nothing. Taking advantage of the confusion, Sgt. Material plows through the table, easily knocking it aside, and lands a punch directly in his target's chest with a resounding crack, knocking him to the ground ten feet back and leaving him stunned and hardly able to breathe. Kagami's own energy beam strikes the engineer in the head, cracking it against the wall and leaving him unconscious on the ground, unmoving. Finally, Nanoguard's laser blast throws his target off his feet and into the refridgerator, knocking both to the ground and leaving the enemy smoking and unmoving on the ground.

Starsign:
    Spoiler
    Show

Their weapons are new, expensive Belgian models, compact bullpup assault rifles that are very popular with Special Forces and Paramilitary groups. They see heavy use among high-rent mercenary groups as well. Their body armour is standard-issue american combat armour, it could have been purchased from half a dozen manufacturers or stolen from any of hundreds of army warehouses.

You don't recognize their uniforms or insignia.

Everyone:
    Spoiler
    Show

The next round begins. Please give me a Notice check along with your next action.

Spoiler
    Show

Rolling Clone's initiative for him: (1d20+3)[23]

No peeking:
    Spoiler
    Show

Merc 1 attack: (1d20+5)[11] Randomizing target: (1d4)[1]
    Merc 2 attack: (1d20+5)[7] Randomizing target: (1d4)[4]
    Merc 3 attack: (1d20+5)[6] Randomizing target: (1d4)[4]

1=Clone
    2=Nanoguard
    3=Sgt. Material
    4=Shift

Merc 1 Toughness save: (1d20+6)[20]
    Merc 2 Toughness save: (1d20+6)[13]
    Engineer Toughness: (1d20+2)[12]

Mysterious Notice check: (1d20+13)[29]

Last edited by DaedalusMkV; 2011-09-01 at 10:47 PM.
    Avatar by the wonderful SubLimePie. Former avatar by Andraste.

9. - Top - End - #69

SwashbucklerGuy

Seeing how a good number of foes have already been removed, Sgt. Material aims for one of the remaining mercenaries, pounding an uppercut into the foe. "Everyone spread out and remove anyone standing!" He almost shouts his order.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack roll: (1d20+7)[27]
    DC 28 33 Toughness if hit
    Last edited by Starsign; 2011-09-03 at 12:44 PM.

10. - Top - End - #70

Damn, they're targeting me, better strengthen my scales, she thinks absently as she channels more energy to her scales. She then fires another blast at the door that was indicated on the map, shifting it to fire in an attempt to melt the door shut, one of the enemies had been spotted in there, and, if she remembered correctly, it was the armory, meaning whoever was in there would have some serious firepower if they got into the fight.

She really hoped she could do this at the very least, she was sorta pushing the limits of her breath weapon with this one.

Spoiler
    Show
    Not sure if i need an attack so here
    (1d20+8)[12]

If i have to i'll spend a hero point to weld the door shut

Shifting seven points to the scales to give Protection 10 with Impervious 5 for 35/40 points currently invested
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by GFawkes View Post
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackwind1kaze View Post
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

The Hub, for PTA & PTU community building. If you're interested, take a look.

11. - Top - End - #71

SwashbucklerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Notice check because I forgot it like an idiot: (1d20)[2]

12. - Top - End - #72
    Troll in the Playground

Damn, Nanoguard quips as he fires another blast of energy, I rather hoped the lack of good surveillance was a result of more challenging enemies. Instead it just seems to be bad security.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+10)[15]
    Toughness DC: 25
    Nonlethal
    Last edited by Jallorn; 2011-09-27 at 10:23 PM.
    Show