New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2035363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 1486
  1. - Top - End - #1321
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XXVI: Applebloom to Zecora!

Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek View Post
    Midnight and Rarity
    Spoiler
    Show
    *Midnight relaxes just a little, and smiles, as she watches Rarity's demeanor shift. His heart patters, as she knows just how important this is for Rarity, a dream that she had thought lost so long ago, and a thrill of joy shoots through him. Rarity is a pony who has given him-given her-so much over the years, and that he'll be able to give her something in return, even if only for an evening...

"My Lady Rarity, you are hardly some "old mare". You are a beautiful, dignified lady, whose maturity only has added to her beauty, both on the outside, and in on the inside."

He steps forwards, as Rarity's face shows that lovely pink on her cheeks, and that smile of anticipation. He brings his head forwards, and kisses Rarity. It's not a deep kiss, but a gentle, romantic, and tantalizing one, lasting only for the briefest of moments, a promise for more.

"I will not let you down, my Lady. You will always remember this night for the better, I promise."
    Midnight and Rarity
    Spoiler
    Show
    The mare cast her eyes to the side as her newfound companion began to lavish her with compliment after compliment, she could feel her heart pounding within her chest. She knew somewhere deep down that this was just little Midnight being little Midnight, doing everything within her power to make her Aunt Rarity happy. Just like she did when she was a child. She was still that same Midnight.

But it was becoming a smaller and smaller thought, and with each and every kind word and gesture that feeling slowly sank, and the excitement and happiness that had bubbled up to the surface during the earliest parts of the gala; laying eyes on Blueblood, their first words, the tension in the air... those feelings were slowly returning. It was donning on Rarity that the stallion in front of her truly was a prince, and regardless of his motivations, he truly did intend to allow her the night she never received; the night she thought she would never see.

His lips upon hers made her entire body melt, her heart skip a beat, and for a moment the world melted away. That kiss sealed the deal.

"O...Oh my..." She barely found herself able to breathe, the words rolling from her muzzle like water from a tap, before she suddenly realized that she was in the presence of royalty, and by Celestia she would act like it.

*Ahem* "Erm, yes. I assure you, my dear prince, I look forward to this evening with the utmost ardor." A small smile curled to the corners of her face. Yes, impress him with speech, show him that you are indeed the type of lady that deserves such lavish attentions, such caring words.

She had every intention to make this her best night ever.

Pardon me for one moment. It just sunk in that I am RPing with my favorite writer in the fandom. Allow me to channel my inner Rainbow Dash for a second here...

Ohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh!

*Ahem*

Alright. I'm good now.

Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    You asked for it.

She looks kind of like a collie, actually.
    Something about the way that face is painted on / molded is a little offputting, honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
    Oh man, if we get enough of these made, we have to start a PbP game! It would be SO AWESOME
    I am totally in for this. Hang on, I'll go stat out both Jade and Haybuck.

My brother does not need to know.
    Oh man. Poor Spike! I would hate to see how he'd rea-

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    If jealousy for an owl drove him to supervillain style theatrics before, imagine what jealousy over Rarity will make him do!

Spike:

"This appeared as a moral dilemna
    'cause at first it was weird that I swore to court
    The greatest of Ponies, the one named Rarity
    It's true I was vague on the 'How'
    So how can it be that you have shown me, Midnight?

It's a brand new night
    And the moon is high
    And the ponies are singing
    That the end is nigh.

How I hesitated
    Now I wonder why
    It’s a brand new night...

All the times you threw up in my bed, I'll forgive
    All the attention stolen from Twilight, listen honestly I'll live
    Miss Pretty, Miss Magic, miss Knowitall is through
    Now my future's so bright and I owe it all to you
    Who showed me, Midnight...

It's a brand new Spike,
    I've got no remorse
    Now Chaos is rising, but I'm no Discord!
    I'm gonna shock the 'ville,
    Gonna show Bad Horse
    It's a brand new night!

And Rarity will see the evil me
    Not a prince, not a pony, not a shipper
    And she may cry but her tears will dry
    'cause SpikexRarity OTP, hipster

It's a brand new night,
    Yeah, Celestia's on high,
    All the ponies sing,
    'cause the end is nigh.

Go ahead and laugh
    Yeah I’m a funny guy
    Tell everypony goodbye
    It’s a brand new night

Oh, it's just a date, we're not gonna get too raunchy here, promise.
    Yeah! We won't break the forum rules. Not that this thread hasn't come close before. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Strife View Post
    I'm giving every pony a garden hose anyways.
    ...Kin...ky?

Quote Originally Posted by Irbis View Post
    Thread 26?

I wonder anyone even noticed us gone, my second-cat. Probably not.
    Hey, it's Irbis! I know that guy! Welcome back!

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Yeah, I thought that.

So we're all in agreement this time?

I can use the rocket launcher?

Properly?

And no-one is going to hide him away I'LL FIND GILDA EVENTUALLY SIUIS so I can properly blast Discord into his rightful fragments?

C'mon, guys, I've been itching to try out an SK-4!
    By all means commander. Fire away.
    Last edited by Titanium Fox; 2011-10-10 at 07:44 PM.
    Avatar by DirtyTabs in the Adopt-A-Pony thread.

Thank you all so much for voting!
    Co-Winner of Rainbow Dash in the Playground!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    For your dedication to ponies and giving us all entertainment with your quote tree o' doom, I hereby award you the Louisianan Purchase. How can I do that? Long story short, let's just say I picked a doozy of a poker game to go "all in".

2. - Top - End - #1322
    Troll in the Playground

Also, this is awesome?

Goodnight thread :P
    Come one, come all! GitP MLP Steam Group is open!
    Current location of the last MLP Thread OP, too.
    Want to ask me something? Use MAIL or message me on Steam!

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    Amazing Art by Dirtytabs :P
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

3. - Top - End - #1323
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tectonic Robot View Post
    Well, if you think it's going to do anything to him, (it's not) go right ahead.

Just remember that no matter how powerful you are, Bleakbane, Discord is most likely a good deal stronger then you. He's got that whole rewrite reality at his own whim thing going on, you know?
    Not when he's a stone statue...

As I've said before:

I.

Cheat.

Fair is for wargaming. And maybe DMing. Maybe.

Besides, if you think that the Aotrs don't have contingencies for dealig with such entities... It is a big universe out here, and there are plenty of reality-warping whosamits, demigods and assorted deities floating around (comparitively). You don't get to Lord Death Despoil's position without having to smack a few around on occasion. And thus passing the information around.

Discord ain't Lix after all...

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Fox View Post
    By all means commander. Fire away.
    Muah!

Muhahahaha!

Muha-hahahahahaha!

*fwoossh*
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2011-10-10 at 07:46 PM.

4. - Top - End - #1324

*Pfffftttt*

...BUAAAAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAAAHAHA!

Spoiler
    Show
    For your dedication to ponies and giving us all entertainment with your quote tree o' doom, I hereby award you the Louisianan Purchase. How can I do that? Long story short, let's just say I picked a doozy of a poker game to go "all in".

5. - Top - End - #1325
    Titan in the Playground

*Pfffftttt*

...BUAAAAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAAAHAHA!
    I...I know, right!

I could mmphaahaha barely keep a stright bwahaha skull typing that!

Bwahahahaha!

6. - Top - End - #1326
    Troll in the Playground

...Kin...ky?
    Only if coitus interruptus by being splashed with cold water is a kink.

QFMs aside.
    Thanks to Dirty Tabs for the Travis pony.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

Breakdown Twilight from Pony Halloween celebration, thanks to Thanqol.

Thanks to Akrim.Elf for the awesome Laharl pony.

7. - Top - End - #1327
    Ettin in the Playground

I mostly skimmed the character generation part, but they seem pretty straightforward; according to SiuiS one is more d20-like, and the other one seems to be dice-pool-y.
    I mostly meant how a PbP game is run

RiM seems pretty straightforward, but PonyTales seems a bit more complicated, I only skimmed the character generation part before.

Spoiler
    Show
    "... certainly, I do know my way around." Charger said after a moment's thoughts, "Any areas of particular interest?"
    Clockwork RP:

Spoiler
    Show
    "Oh, any place that I haven't been before would be great, especially if it's interesting" Igneous replied, rather unhelpfully.

The city itself extended surprisingly far around and behind from where the Royal Palace was situated on the mountainside. The bulk of the city, in fact, spilled into a wide mountaintop valley that, unknown to most of the ponies who hadn't studied history, was the caldera of a long-extinct volcano.

He'd always wondered what kind of reaction they might have if they really stopped to think about it for a moment.

They were now approaching the gates, or at least the gate that serviced this approach to the mountaintop city. Four pegasai guards flanked the road as it passed through the outer wall, their postures straight, expressions fixed and their armour gleaming in the sunlight.

Igneous sighed, and schooled his features carefully as he approached his comrades. It was an ability all guards learned during training; the capacty to remain stoic and unmoving when on guard duty, to the exclusion of everything around them. It was an ability each pony approached differently, some focused their thoughts on something specific in their field of vision, others turned inwards, losing themselves in their memories.

Judging from their regular breathing and slightly unfocused gazes, Igneous guessed that these ponies subscribed to Corporal Kickstart's method.

They passed without comment, grave-countenanced ships sailing by one another in the sunlight, although he did notice the one nearest him blink as the generator gave off yet another loud crack and a spark of electricity.

Guess that woke him up. He thought, as he quashed the impulse to smile.

OOC: Sorry if I'm moving this along too fast everyone. Just felt that there was only so much more we could do on the path back. Let me know if you'd rather I slow down next time. In either case, I'll let you guys do the transition to Tinker's workshop.
    Last edited by BlasTech; 2011-10-10 at 07:59 PM.

8. - Top - End - #1328
    Barbarian in the Playground

... /delurk/

It never ceases to amaze me how effortlessly this thread is propelled along at this speed. I swear there's a new incarnation every other day.

In any case, I'm mainly popping in to mention that I'm writing a fanfic with an OC and Luna, and I want it to be down in writing that I'm doing this before the new Luna episode comes out. *SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELUNASQUEEEEEEEEEEEEE*

I'd also be grateful for a bit of support from the playground bronies. If this does what I hope it does, it'll be the first story I've /ever/ finished writing, and I'd like to know how badly i suck sugarcubes.

... /goes back to lurking/

9. - Top - End - #1329

I...I know, right!

I could mmphaahaha barely keep a stright bwahaha skull typing that!

Bwahahahaha!
    The last time I didn't cheat as a DM, my players successfully broke my economy. This time I attempted to keep things under control. They broke it again.

Next time they try to break the economy, somepony is going to extract a +3 Flaming Burst Icy Burst Lightning Burst Vitriolic light hand crossbow from under the table and shoot the character in the face.

Only if coitus interruptus by being splashed with cold water is a kink.

QFMs aside.
    Someone, somewhere out there is into it. I can guarantee it.

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #1330
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RdMarquis View Post
    Ditto. If I were a pony, I'd still probably be without my cutie mark.
    It just takes time, apparently.

FFRP: Finding Berry Ann:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowy View Post
    It's times like these I'm glad I never thought to put anything stronger then jello in those automatic cannons. Forget about that! Exterior speaker systems online. Look out for incoming fire! ..........Which was totally not caused by me!
    Quote Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
    Is that... Jello? With... little marshmallows?
    Beeskee slips off the magical platform as soon as he is able, tugging the cart with him, before fully realizing what is going on. He looks up just as some of the marshmallow-laden jello splatters against the floating canoe-balloon... thing, a big glob of the tasty treat falling to land on his upturned face. Blinking, he licks the stuff off, his eyes widening... The pony seems to be in absolute shock for a moment, before slipping out of the cart harness, galloping over to the airship, and starting to bounce up and down in front of the guns. "Hey! Hey! I'm over here! Oooooover heeeeEEEEeeeere!" He opens his mouth wide...

With any luck he'll distract the weapons so everypony can board the ship, but that doesn't appear to be something he actually considered.

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    @beeskee i think it was you that recommended on a cross and arrow so enjoy this

and i am working my way through Eyes of Another Pony
    I don't remember if I mentioned On A Cross And Arrow or not, but it is a good story. I liked it, anyway. Through The Eyes of Another Pony is good too, I'm really looking forward to the next chapter.

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Faith stares at the Midnight from a hiding place in a bush. Her face goes bright red.
    I think Stallion Midnight will have a lot of admirers.
    Beeskee joins in on the blushing. Shh! Don't tell anyone, it's a secret. ;)

Titanium Fox, did I miss your cutie mark story, are you still working on it, or did you get distracted?

*notices who Stallion Midnight is flirting with* Hehe I bet it's option #3. No worries. Take your time.
    Happy Trixie Appreciation Day!

PonyFort: IC and OOC threads.

11. - Top - End - #1331
    Banned

Today has been an interesting day.
    Right off the bat so I don't. Forget; Gadora, thanks for the send. I'll try and put it to good use.
    Thanqol, my FLGS' response to Exalted/Mage/anything not d&D4e or magic the gathering was "check the discount pile". It was an interesting pile, but nothing of immediate use. If I can't get ahold of a cheap amazon send, I'll have to requisition the rules elsewhere. It's nWoD correct? Ascension, not awakening?

Anyway. Ramble ahead.

Spoiler
    Show

today has been up and down. Mostly down.

I got deposited near my bus stop early, and went to catch an early bus. I am wearing a trashed trench coat, a flat cap, and my hobo pack; a sketh book and exercise/martial arts book, held to my lumbar with my kerchief and an accompanying ... Sports pack? 'fanny' pack which also sits at the lumbar, holds water bottles, pencils, smaller sketchbook, cords and effects. I am carrying a jug of milk- the plastic gallon variety.

The stop is 2 blocks from me. I'm cutting it close. I pull out my phone to ask the dispatcher to have my bus hold at the stop, but then, I see the bus. It is at a light ahead of me, about to turn onto the park & ride which is my stop. Knowing full well that dispatch puts you on hold for seeral minutes, I pocket my phone and make my way as fast as I can to the stop.

This is California. We jay-walk. So being on diametrically opposite corner is no problem. I begin to hustle. I cross the street. The light changes, as I watch. I hustle more, and cut across a parking lot. At this point, I can see the driver. She should be able to see me, so I run, I balance my milk jug, I wave.

This is where things enter into combat rounds, as it were. I have the initiative, but the bus has me beat for speed. I wave and holler. Some passengers turn to watch me attempt to flag the bus down; I have run ten yards at this point. The driver continues staring straight, as if wearing blinders.

45 yards. I am 3/4 the way through the lot. Driver still doesn't acknowledge me. Pulls ahead. 50 yards.

My breath tears from me, and I realize I've noosed myself; both bonds of the hobo pack cut into my hara, diminishing my power, my breath. I worry about losing the contents to boot; jangling myself pretty hard. I slow to a jog at the 50 yard mark, because my legs, unable to gain power from my other systems, are wearing thin and winding down. The bus keeps going, then stops; cross traffic before it gets to my stop.

The stop needs describing. It is down an alley, which connects two streets proper; the bus pulls in one alley, loops around into the stop depot/terminal/whatever, stops; loads and unloads human cargo, pulls to the edge of the alley to check traffic, the continues down said alley. I have an advantage because the bus has to loop through terrain that I don't.

60 yards. 63. 64. 66. I fight the whole way to keep running, knowing that if I slow to a walk I'm not getting this much speed for the next hour. I fail thefight, at approximately 67 yards and sort of power walk towards the bus. I can see the driver as she pulls around, into the depot. I lose her for a moment, but as soon as I have a line of sight I again continue trying to flag her down, and watch as she unloads a single passenger. I swear she can see me, my orange-brown coat bein the brightest thing this dreary, drizzly day. I force myself into a "run".

I close, and finally get within shouting distance as the bus pulls away from the stop. I am still waving, still hollering. It's hard; I'm at half-capacity for my lungs. She acknowledges me with a war, and ten shakes her head no. I was within eyesight before she even pulls away from the bench, and ye I'm too late and she can't stop for me.

Anger is one of my things. It's the sole reason I am able to do Mariam arts at all; because competition of a visceral sort is my thing. I hate fighting, losing, getting hurt, conflict; I love the challenge though.

I chase the bus. 70 yards. 75. 80. I begin to slow again; not enough carbs in my diet for that kind of reserve. Not enough exercise either. I follow on foot, incensed. Despite trailing the vehicle the entire alley, the driver doesn't stop at the next bench, just around the corner, 20 yards away. Or the next one, despite traffic keeping her in place almost long enough for me to repeat the process.

I have never before felt the need to call and report negligence on the part of a civil worker. Nor have I needed to kick something quite that intensely. Having loud, swear-filled practice discussions wiu said person and Roleplaying how I wish it had gone down is old hat though.

But not all is lost. I get to speak to a chap by name of Michael (good name, that) who also missed his bus. He walked up behind it, but didn't see it because the light/sign which tells you the route info was broken. We chat, laugh at our similarities - it's comforting to know I'm not he only 25 year old who's afraid to drive for reals, here in california - and I get info that may lead to better employment. He catches his bus minutes before mine, and I'm left thinking, today is only as bad as I let it be.

My phone, however, decides I haven't learned enough yet. While typing his up the first. Time, it dies at 7% because I'm running too many things in parallel. I get to spend my bus ride, trying not to stew.

Work brings some solace; work is where I left Akodo. White oak, lightly varnished bokken, slightly heavier than normal by 8 grams, and 2.465~ shaku from tsuka to point. Mulling the numbers later, I realize this is about .02 shaku longer than my iaito, and wonder if there's any significance.

I set to doing some exercise, Forza - Italian for strength, I am told - which is similar to kata, using the bokken as a weight. Suggestions are to cu lightly, slowly, as if severing a cloud. Good advice, to start slow, especially in any fighting art. Slow is smooth, smooth is fast. Every mistake in muscle memory for the first couple years stems of practice stems from starting out too fast. Bu I cannot listen. It's like riding a bike, I need a certain minimum gear to pedal at, minimum resistance or it feels... Wrong. There's that love f challenge rearing itself, yes?

Five full cuts, right hand. Five half cuts and my arm aches. Switch dominant hands. Five full, five half. Burning now. Ten each hand, from overhead, into a diagonal cut. My arms burn, my wrist and knuckles ache. The last few swings have me tensing up everything, rerouting strain to muscles used to it, uniting my form. It's a struggle to maintain this as an exercise, instead of just swinging a stick. Another training maxim; go as fast as you can, not as fast as you can't. That one I listened to, and stopped.

My wrists burn. Fiercely. Sheepishly, I realize my wrists are the only thing I didn't warm up. Oh well. Good to see something concrete to improve. A quick jaunt to Wallace to look for backpacks, then back to work to start my shift.

Customer one, a man who obviously waits for me to be distracted before grabbing a beer. He walks out examining his wallet- almost. I stop him, ask about whether I could see under his jacket. He hesitates and the game is mine. Obvious win on round 2, it's all in how he handles himself from here. Scenting the kill, I continue. I ask about his left jacket flap specifically. He looks confused, gestures to his right. Haha, too obvious. I pull my shirt on the left side and he does similar out of sympathy, then clenches, obviously holding something. Some more hassle has him say he did lift his jacket and now I'm harassing him. I go for the gold; "could you put the 24oz can of budweiser on the counter hen, please?" I have him. A half bluff, but the specifics, my certainty, he's not getting away. He puts it on the counter, tries to buy cigarettes before I tell him to leave (again). He does, of course. I'm sure I look angrier than I am.

Afterwards, the shakes. Flutteriness. Adrenaline fatigue, and It Hits me. I was tensed, measured breathing, ready to jump the counter and chase I I needed to. I was looking for a fight, instinctively. The realization calmed me down pretty quick, and I again reflect, it's only as bad a day as I let it be.

So I head to the pony thread, Intent to purge myself. Vent as a form of meditation, I guess. Words have weight. I could honestly send Tess to no one and I'd still feel better. Will I post? Probably, but this wouldn't be the first time I have "said my peace" and deleted it, content.

Today is only as good or bad as you let it be, friends. How is your day going?

12. - Top - End - #1332

Quote Originally Posted by byaku rai View Post
    ... /delurk/

It never ceases to amaze me how effortlessly this thread is propelled along at this speed. I swear there's a new incarnation every other day.

In any case, I'm mainly popping in to mention that I'm writing a fanfic with an OC and Luna, and I want it to be down in writing that I'm doing this before the new Luna episode comes out. *SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELUNASQUEEEEEEEEEEEEE*

I'd also be grateful for a bit of support from the playground bronies. If this does what I hope it does, it'll be the first story I've /ever/ finished writing, and I'd like to know how badly i suck sugarcubes.

Heh, yeah. I think that's because there is a new thread every other day or so.

If you need readers for that fanfic, I'd completely be down for checking it out for you and critiquing. Just let me know. Either post it here or PM it to me or whatever. We're a very author-friendly community here, so we'd be more than happy to check out your story for you.

Beeskee: I'm still working on it. More like I haven't had an opportunity to finish it yet, actually. Don't worry, I still have every intention to make it happen. I just really want it to come out well, and it's something I never fleshed out when I made Jade. *Chuckles*

Also yes indeed, a little bit of #3. XD

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Right off the bat so I don't. Forget; Gadora, thanks for the send. I'll try and put it to good use.
    Thanqol, my FLGS' response to Exalted/Mage/anything not d&D4e or magic the gathering was "check the discount pile". It was an interesting pile, but nothing of immediate use. If I can't get ahold of a cheap amazon send, I'll have to requisition the rules elsewhere. It's nWoD correct? Ascension, not awakening?

Anyway. Ramble ahead.

Spoiler
    Show

I got deposited near my bus stop early, and went to catch an early bus. I am wearing a trashed trench coat, a flat cap, and my hobo pack; a sketh book and exercise/martial arts book, held to my lumbar with my kerchief and an accompanying ... Sports pack? 'fanny' pack which also sits at the lumbar, holds water bottles, pencils, smaller sketchbook, cords and effects. I am carrying a jug of milk- the plastic gallon variety.

The stop is 2 blocks from me. I'm cutting it close. I pull out my phone to ask the dispatcher to have my bus hold at the stop, but then, I see the bus. It is at a light ahead of me, about to turn onto the park & ride which is my stop. Knowing full well that dispatch puts you on hold for seeral minutes, I pocket my phone and make my way as fast as I can to the stop.

This is California. We jay-walk. So being on diametrically opposite corner is no problem. I begin to hustle. I cross the street. The light changes, as I watch. I hustle more, and cut across a parking lot. At this point, I can see the driver. She should be able to see me, so I run, I balance my milk jug, I wave.

This is where things enter into combat rounds, as it were. I have the initiative, but the bus has me beat for speed. I wave and holler. Some passengers turn to watch me attempt to flag the bus down; I have run ten yards at this point. The driver continues staring straight, as if wearing blinders.

45 yards. I am 3/4 the way through the lot. Driver still doesn't acknowledge me. Pulls ahead. 50 yards.

My breath tears from me, and I realize I've noosed myself; both bonds of the hobo pack cut into my hara, diminishing my power, my breath. I worry about losing the contents to boot; jangling myself pretty hard. I slow to a jog at the 50 yard mark, because my legs, unable to gain power from my other systems, are wearing thin and winding down. The bus keeps going, then stops; cross traffic before it gets to my stop.

The stop needs describing. It is down an alley, which connects two streets proper; the bus pulls in one alley, loops around into the stop depot/terminal/whatever, stops; loads and unloads human cargo, pulls to the edge of the alley to check traffic, the continues down said alley. I have an advantage because the bus has to loop through terrain that I don't.

60 yards. 63. 64. 66. I fight the whole way to keep running, knowing that if I slow to a walk I'm not getting this much speed for the next hour. I fail thefight, at approximately 67 yards and sort of power walk towards the bus. I can see the driver as she pulls around, into the depot. I lose her for a moment, but as soon as I have a line of sight I again continue trying to flag her down, and watch as she unloads a single passenger. I swear she can see me, my orange-brown coat bein the brightest thing this dreary, drizzly day. I force myself into a "run".

I close, and finally get within shouting distance as the bus pulls away from the stop. I am still waving, still hollering. It's hard; I'm at half-capacity for my lungs. She acknowledges me with a war, and ten shakes her head no. I was within eyesight before she even pulls away from the bench, and ye I'm too late and she can't stop for me.

Anger is one of my things. It's the sole reason I am able to do Mariam arts at all; because competition of a visceral sort is my thing. I hate fighting, losing, getting hurt, conflict; I love the challenge though.

I chase the bus. 70 yards. 75. 80. I begin to slow again; not enough carbs in my diet for that kind of reserve. Not enough exercise either. I follow on foot, incensed. Despite trailing the vehicle the entire alley, the driver doesn't stop at the next bench, just around the corner, 20 yards away. Or the next one, despite traffic keeping her in place almost long enough for me to repeat the process.

I have never before felt the need to call and report negligence on the part of a civil worker. Nor have I needed to kick something quite that intensely. Having loud, swear-filled practice discussions wiu said person and Roleplaying how I wish it had gone down is old hat though.

But not all is lost. I get to speak to a chap by name of Michael (good name, that) who also missed his bus. He walked up behind it, but didn't see it because the light/sign which tells you the route info was broken. We chat, laugh at our similarities - it's comforting to know I'm not he only 25 year old who's afraid to drive for reals, here in california - and I get info that may lead to better employment. He catches his bus minutes before mine, and I'm left thinking, today is only as bad as I let it be.

My phone, however, decides I haven't learned enough yet. While typing his up the first. Time, it dies at 7% because I'm running too many things in parallel. I get to spend my bus ride, trying not to stew.

Work brings some solace; work is where I left Akodo. White oak, lightly varnished bokken, slightly heavier than normal by 8 grams, and 2.465~ shaku from tsuka to point. Mulling the numbers later, I realize this is about .02 shaku longer than my iaito, and wonder if there's any significance.

I set to doing some exercise, Forza - Italian for strength, I am told - which is similar to kata, using the bokken as a weight. Suggestions are to cu lightly, slowly, as if severing a cloud. Good advice, to start slow, especially in any fighting art. Slow is smooth, smooth is fast. Every mistake in muscle memory for the first couple years stems of practice stems from starting out too fast. Bu I cannot listen. It's like riding a bike, I need a certain minimum gear to pedal at, minimum resistance or it feels... Wrong. There's that love f challenge rearing itself, yes?

Five full cuts, right hand. Five half cuts and my arm aches. Switch dominant hands. Five full, five half. Burning now. Ten each hand, from overhead, into a diagonal cut. My arms burn, my wrist and knuckles ache. The last few swings have me tensing up everything, rerouting strain to muscles used to it, uniting my form. It's a struggle to maintain this as an exercise, instead of just swinging a stick. Another training maxim; go as fast as you can, not as fast as you can't. That one I listened to, and stopped.

My wrists burn. Fiercely. Sheepishly, I realize my wrists are the only thing I didn't warm up. Oh well. Good to see something concrete to improve. A quick jaunt to Wallace to look for backpacks, then back to work to start my shift.

Customer one, a man who obviously waits for me to be distracted before grabbing a beer. He walks out examining his wallet- almost. I stop him, ask about whether I could see under his jacket. He hesitates and the game is mine. Obvious win on round 2, it's all in how he handles himself from here. Scenting the kill, I continue. I ask about his left jacket flap specifically. He looks confused, gestures to his right. Haha, too obvious. I pull my shirt on the left side and he does similar out of sympathy, then clenches, obviously holding something. Some more hassle has him say he did lift his jacket and now I'm harassing him. I go for the gold; "could you put the 24oz can of budweiser on the counter hen, please?" I have him. A half bluff, but the specifics, my certainty, he's not getting away. He puts it on the counter, tries to buy cigarettes before I tell him to leave (again). He does, of course. I'm sure I look angrier than I am.

Afterwards, the shakes. Flutteriness. Adrenaline fatigue, and It Hits me. I was tensed, measured breathing, ready to jump the counter and chase I I needed to. I was looking for a fight, instinctively. The realization calmed me down pretty quick, and I again reflect, it's only as bad a day as I let it be.

So I head to the pony thread, Intent to purge myself. Vent as a form of meditation, I guess. Words have weight. I could honestly send Tess to no one and I'd still feel better. Will I post? Probably, but this wouldn't be the first time I have "said my peace" and deleted it, content.

I don't even know what to say man. So you know what?

Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Titanium Fox; 2011-10-10 at 08:09 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #1333
    Ettin in the Playground

... /delurk/

Heh. Sure. Drop it here anytime you want somepony to look it over.

Or head over to ponychan's /fic/ if you want a more thorough review. (And yes, they are very thorough there.)

EDIT: I probably should just mention I finished the latest chapter of Pony Effect. Yay. Now I can relax and go back to following this thread. (Why are they so many RP posts now?)
    Last edited by Grif; 2011-10-10 at 08:11 PM.

14. - Top - End - #1334
    Troll in the Playground

Someone, somewhere out there is into it. I can guarantee it.
    And if there wasn't, there is now.

I know, that's why I said aside from OFM.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

15. - Top - End - #1335

Heh, yeah. I think that's because there is a new thread every other day or so.

If you need readers for that fanfic, I'd completely be down for checking it out for you and critiquing. Just let me know. Either post it here or PM it to me or whatever. We're a very author-friendly community here, so we'd be more than happy to check out your story for you.
    Thank you.

... I'd also like a guide to using the tiny pony faces. This was the perfect place for a Rarity "We're going to be the best of friends, you and I" and I can't do it because of my own crippling ignorance. *facehoof*

16. - Top - End - #1336
    Orc in the Playground

Ouch. That is one hell of a downturn. At least it got better.

I can tell you right away that you're not the only person who has lived in CA who didn't want to drive. I don't live there any more, and I've since gotten a vehicle, but I would still prefer mass transit to be better than it is here in the US.

If you get a chance though, take driving lessons. There's good, inexpensive driving instructors (bad ones don't last) and lots of affordable and reliable vehicles for sale, if you feel up for it. I was honestly scared to drive and didn't start until later in life. I managed to pick it up, so you don't have to be a teenager to learn. Also, extra bonus: super-low insurance rates for older drivers.

I have 3 hours left before bed and I'm reading ponythread. And it's great. Today was stressful for me, but only because I have a lot to learn about this job. I may have some good pony news related to it though, I'll post more info when I have something more to say than "I may have some good pony news"... Hehe.

Edit: I'm realizing you never actually said you didn't own a car, I just got that impression. For all I know your car is in the shop. Sorry if I was completely off-base there.
    Edit2: No, wait, you did say you were afraid to drive. Self-doubt and edit buttons, my greatest enemies.

Beeskee: I'm still working on it. More like I haven't had an opportunity to finish it yet, actually. Don't worry, I still have every intention to make it happen. I just really want it to come out well, and it's something I never fleshed out when I made Jade. *Chuckles*

Also yes indeed, a little bit of #3. XD
    No problem.
    Last edited by Beeskee; 2011-10-10 at 08:34 PM.
    Happy Trixie Appreciation Day!

PonyFort: IC and OOC threads.

17. - Top - End - #1337

Thank you.

... I'd also like a guide to using the tiny pony faces. This was the perfect place for a Rarity "We're going to be the best of friends, you and I" and I can't do it because of my own crippling ignorance. *facehoof*
    It's alright man. The site changed it's layout and it is now less than intuitive. So you select one of the faces, and it should change layouts, and the face you selected should now be in the center of the screen. In the top right there is a little plus sign, click that and you should now be on yet another tab / page that has just the emote in the upper left hand corner. Copy the URL from there, paste it here inside the following tags (without spaces) [IMG ]emote[ /IMG].

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #1338
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    Clockwork RP:

Spoiler
    Show
    "Oh, any place that I haven't been before would be great, especially if it's interesting" Igneous replied, rather unhelpfully.

The city itself extended surprisingly far around and behind from where the Royal Palace was situated on the mountainside. The bulk of the city, in fact, spilled into a wide mountaintop valley that, unknown to most of the ponies who hadn't studied history, was the caldera of a long-extinct volcano.

He'd always wondered what kind of reaction they might have if they really stopped to think about it for a moment.

They were now approaching the gates, or at least the gate that serviced this approach to the mountaintop city. Four pegasai guards flanked the road as it passed through the outer wall, their postures straight, expressions fixed and their armour gleaming in the sunlight.

Igneous sighed, and schooled his features carefully as he approached his comrades. It was an ability all guards learned during training; the capacty to remain stoic and unmoving when on guard duty, to the exclusion of everything around them. It was an ability each pony approached differently, some focused their thoughts on something specific in their field of vision, others turned inwards, losing themselves in their memories.

Judging from their regular breathing and slightly unfocused gazes, Igneous guessed that these ponies subscribed to Corporal Kickstart's method.

They passed without comment, grave-countenanced ships sailing by one another in the sunlight, although he did notice the one nearest him blink as the generator gave off yet another loud crack and a spark of electricity.

Spoiler
    Show
    The gates were the same as always. It was possible to become numb to the majesty of the city if you didn't set your mind to preventing it. Charger smiled distantly, remembering her foalhood dream of becoming one of those guards. What had happened to that ambition, she wondered?

"Well, if I am to take the lead..." Charger said, but it was almost to herself. She already knew where she was going to go, turning down a narrow alley that became a set of stairs leading downwards.

The corridor was a sally port, designed to allow defenders to slip undetected behind enemy lines in a siege. It was old, cold, and wet. Bright green plants and slippery moss grew in the stone. And then, halfway along the corridor, the wall to the right just broke away completely. A tree's roots had woven through the stone and expanded, collapsing the wall and opening the corridor to the outside light. Through that broken wall was a sheer drop down the mountain and a spectacular view of all Equestria.

... /delurk/

Heh, I'm actually considering delaying finishing Easy as Lying till after the fact so I can revise Luna's personality to be in line with the show's. Speaking of, I should get back to work on that. Anyway, my support for what it's worth.

The last time I didn't cheat as a DM, my players successfully broke my economy. This time I attempted to keep things under control. They broke it again.
    If the economy gets broken then it's probably because you don't understand economics

EDIT: And by that I mean, equilibrium transitions can make folks rich in the short term, but profits will even out in the long term. That's a feature of capitalism, not a bug.

nMage, Mage: The Awakening. nWoD. It's got a shiny teal cover; purple cover means old Mage. If you get the chance, do yourself a favour and buy Seers of the Throne as well. Magical Traditions is also a great read.

Wisdom.

And that's my highest praise these days.
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2011-10-10 at 08:26 PM.

19. - Top - End - #1339

By "site" do you mean here in the thread, or is there some source site? If it's the latter, i need the link. If it's the former, I'm horrifically confused.

20. - Top - End - #1340

By "site" do you mean here in the thread, or is there some source site? If it's the latter, i need the link. If it's the former, I'm horrifically confused.
    Oh! The "site" I'm referring to is in the Original Post of every thread under "General Resources". "FiM Emotes" or something like that.

You know what, the heck with it, I have it open. Here's the link.

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #1341

Testing...

Titanium Fox, you are a wonderful person. Have a Sweetie Belle.

22. - Top - End - #1342
    Ettin in the Playground

So I went to a cemetary today to plant flowers for the family I never knew. Especially my grandfather, who died only a few years before I was born.

Is there any good stories dealing with Applejack's parents being dead?
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

23. - Top - End - #1343
    Troll in the Playground

Clockwork RP:

Spoiler
    Show
    "Thanks Sek" Igneous replied, brightening up slightly. "Although, like I said, I don't get let out much so I've only really seen the bits of the city around the universities, castle and the barracks." He paused, as inspiration struck.

"You know, I suspect the Lady Charger might be a better guide than myself, she might even be able to show both of us some new sights?" He ended this with a query, looking hopefully towards the bronze coloured mare.
    Spoiler
    Show
    "... certainly, I do know my way around." Charger said after a moment's thoughts, "Any areas of particular interest?"

Clockwork RP:

Spoiler
    Show

OOC: Sorry if I'm moving this along too fast everyone. Just felt that there was only so much more we could do on the path back. Let me know if you'd rather I slow down next time. In either case, I'll let you guys do the transition to Tinker's workshop.
    Clockwork:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Second Hand gazed up at the white marble buildings rising behind the gate leading in to Canterlot. He'd never been to the city before, although he'd heard about it countless times; ponies said it was a magical place, the sort of place where anything could happen. A part of him had to agree; after all this was the home of the Princesses, and the seat of Celestia's Academy.

As they passed the guards at the gate, the pegasus gaped at the pastel explosion of ponies moving through the streets, coming and going on every sort of errand imaginable. As they turned down the alley, the pony turned his head in every conceivable direction, taking in even the back alleys of the city with eagerness. When the view through the broken wall appeared however, Second Hand stood transfixed, unable to move or speak for a moment.

At last, tearing himself away from the sights, the clockwork pony managed to recover himself, and addressed his companions, a note of excitement growing in his voice. "This place is amazing! I can't believe you two live here!" Suddenly, in the midst of his excitement, a doubt crept into his mind and he stopped short, overwhelmed. "Y-you will be able to find Tinker, right Charger? This city's so big...and you only met her once...I-I really need to find her."

((Actually, I was planning on moving on to Canterlot soon; you picked a good time to move things along))

I mostly meant how a PbP game is run

RiM seems pretty straightforward, but PonyTales seems a bit more complicated, I only skimmed the character generation part before.
    Oops! Misread it then... However, PbP stuff is pretty straightforward: set up an OOC thread for discussion and rolls (and/or a recruiting thread) and once you have people on board, launch the IC thread. I've mostly played the FFRP options like Children of the Sky and The Playground, but more rules-based systems like D&D work just fine.

Just like a pen-and-paper game, you can choose a DM/Storyteller/Narrator/What have you, as well as mods to help keep things in order (though this is more an issue with full FFRP stuff). From a player's perspective very little changes actually, except you're posting rather than talking.

I am totally in for this. Hang on, I'll go stat out both Jade and Haybuck.
    Hmm, while we're at it, why don't we do a survey?

For those interested in a PbP ponies game, which system would you prefer: RP is Magic or Pony Tales?

Anyway. Ramble ahead.

Spoiler
    Show

Sorry to hear it's been frustrating, but I like your point; I need to work on not letting my day's uncontrollable events get to me...

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    EDIT: I probably should just mention I finished the latest chapter of Pony Effect. Yay. Now I can relax and go back to following this thread. (Why are they so many RP posts now?)
    That time of year for RPs? I dunno; they did proliferate quite quickly.

Thank you.

In the opening post of this thread, open the General Resources spoiler. Under it, there will be several lists of emoticons, but beware the first list, you'll need to click the image and zoom in to get the image link or you'll get a horrible pixelated mess. The rest should be trouble-free though.
    Last edited by the_druid_droid; 2011-10-10 at 08:46 PM.
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

24. - Top - End - #1344
    Troll in the Playground

Hmm, while we're at it, why don't we do a survey?

For those interested in a PbP ponies game, which system would you prefer: RP is Magic or Pony Tales?
    Can you give a basic run down of them for us?

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #1345
    Ogre in the Playground

Not when he's a stone statue...

As I've said before:

I.

Cheat.

Besides, if you think that the Aotrs don't have contingencies for dealig with such entities... It is a big universe out here, and there are plenty of reality-warping whosamits, demigods and assorted deities floating around (comparitively). You don't get to Lord Death Despoil's position without having to smack a few around on occasion. And thus passing the information around.

Discord ain't Lix after all...
    Seems to me like attacking him while he's a statue will only help him get out. And I would really like to hear the Aotrs contingency plans for dealing with reality warping entities, because there doesn't seem to be any real way to mess with them from where I'm sitting.

26. - Top - End - #1346
    Troll in the Playground

Can you give a basic run down of them for us?
    Ok, good point!

Roleplaying is Magic:
    This system is d20 based, and all actions are reduced to checks. That includes things like damage and attacks as well as the more familiar (for some) skill checks and saves from D&D. Bonuses from special talents, jobs, and certain special modifiers add to or subtract from your roll.

This system seems to emphasize the storytelling aspect, and there aren't a lot of detailed rules. GMs and players are encouraged to work together to determine the outcome of events and the rolls are mainly included to help keep things fair. This system seems to me to be the closest of the two to FFRPs in the Playground, where there are no checks, or simple d6/d20 rolls to keep things fair. First and foremost, it's collaborative storytelling, and that sort of system probably best suits stories similar in tone to the spontaneous RPs that happen here from time to time.

Pony Tales:
    This system is dice-pool based, meaning that each point you have in a skill or ability gives you an extra die to roll for checks involving that skill. The rules for this version are more in-depth, and mechanically I think it would play more like a traditional D&D or d20 game, with clear conceptions of turns and in-combat vs. out of combat scenarios.

Because of the more detailed rules, this game seems to make a sharper distinction between the pony races (or at least this distinction is more mechanically defined than in RPiM) and there are very clearly things that certain types of ponies can and can't do. Overall, I think this system would be better suited to games where injury, death and more 'adult/grimdark' - for lack of a better word - themes are involved, because the designer seems to have focused on the combat and conflict mechanics more.
    Last edited by the_druid_droid; 2011-10-10 at 09:08 PM.
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

27. - Top - End - #1347

Quote Originally Posted by Tectonic Robot View Post
    Seems to me like attacking him while he's a statue will only help him get out. And I would really like to hear the Aotrs contingency plans for dealing with reality warping entities, because there doesn't seem to be any real way to mess with them from where I'm sitting.
    Spoiler
    Show

Searching this on google brought back this, by the way. Guys, didn't we coin that meme in the first place? >_>

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #1348
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kalinda View Post
    *Wanders away for a week, comes back and looks around.*

*Skims new but almost over thread, thread gains a page during said skimming.*

Business as usual around here I see.

Anyway, help needed with a rhyme!

Who lives in a library inside a tree?

Twilight sparkle! Twilight sparkle!

Adorkable and bookish and magic is she.

Twilight sparkle! Twilight sparkle!

If pony filled nonsense be something you wish

Something something something something.

I think I need to ditch the last to lines entirely and come up with a different rhyme because there are darn few words that fit with "Wish" and nothing pony related.
    hmmmmmm, Then read some fanfics and get ready to ship!
    not a perfect rhyme but it could work

... /delurk/

finish it up or post it here in chunks....we are a friendly bunch
    we only bite if you ask us to do so
    believe us you arent alone...i am currently rewriting my first attempt at something over 1/2 page in length based on feedback i got here(been totally blank minded on it the last 2 weeks but i got some done last night finally)

and have a 2nd story outlined with a couple scenes done

and i believe theres at least 2 others currently working on their first ever stories
    Last edited by otakuryoga; 2011-10-10 at 09:16 PM.
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

29. - Top - End - #1349
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Searching this on google brought back this, by the way. Guys, didn't we coin that meme in the first place? >_>
    I'm allowed to disagree with people...

Or am I going a little far, and am currently being belligerent? Sorry, sorry, I'll shuffle away, and comment on some other thing...

Also! That shirt is amazing!
    Last edited by Tectonic Robot; 2011-10-10 at 09:19 PM.

30. - Top - End - #1350
    Colossus in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

We didn't, that a 4chan meme.