New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XXVIII: In the Crazy of 40.000 Posts, There is Only Pony!

I need 6-12 adventurers (I'll assume these will be ponies)

I need at least one super powerful baddie to be the Ancient One

Several minion baddies to be Monsters.

Some friends to be Ally cards

Ponies wont be using Items, so I'll need to know about whatver bizarre magical doowhackery they use as powers so I can make Spells
    Hey man, I posted a response on this page, in case you missed it.
    Anyway, only unicorns and Alicorns actualy have magical powers. Earth ponys are usualy rather on the strong side, while pegusi can control the weather.
    Last edited by Pokonic; 2011-10-18 at 09:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

2. - Top - End - #332
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XXVIII: In the Crazy of 40.000 Posts, There is Only Pony!

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    And a crackpot theory for the rest of the thread:

What if Rainbow Dash made Gilda who she is today?

I've been watching Griffon the Brush-Off with the context of "Dash was some sort of ringleader of shenanigans in flight school, and Gilda her wingmate", and I have to say, it fits rather well. Gilda's actions against Pinkie Pie could be explained as "she's a selfish jerk who wants all of Dash's attention", but couldn't that be how their relationship was previously? If there was somepony bothering Dash, Gilda would go tell the loser, in no uncertain terms, that the great Rainbow Dash didn't have time for punks like him/her and they should just scram. And how she acts in town, there's a smugness and confidence there that's intriguing. Yes, she could just be a self-centered jerk, but maybe that confidence stems from the privilege she used to have from being so close to Dash. And besides, these ponies are all just dweebs by comparison, who cares what they think?

And what of the Dash we know today? Well, maybe she mellowed out on coming to Ponyville and meeting the mane cast minus Twilight. When she found friends who accepted her for who she really was underneath any insecurities and brash exteriors, she (mostly) dropped the attitude and became much easier to get along with. Gilda, so used to being around Rainbow Dash, never really got over the privilege that position got her. All she saw were losers and dorks who cramped her style, and the few ponies who complained about her behavior she tuned out. Who would want to listen to such dweebs anyway? Oh goodness, this puts Dash's calling her out at the end of the episode in an entirely new light.

This certainly isn't to the headcanon point yet, but it's definitely something I'm giving serious thought to. Also, most of it was thought up as I was typing this, so I apologize if it's a bit jumbled.
    I get what you're saying, but RD is nothing but friendly towards Pinkie Pie in front of Gilda. She never blows Pinkie off or tells her to get lost so I'm not sure how Gilda would pick up the idea that RD wanted them to go away. Also she's a jerk when she isn't around RD.

And she made Fluttershy cry unprovoked, so that makes any sad back story 63.7% (roughly speaking) less wooby-rific

Arkham Horror:
    First off, make sure you watch Party of One. It's episode 25 and if you want to see a pony descend into madness that's your primary source

(other ponies go nuts in other episodes, but not quite that... thoroughly)

Unicorns (and Alicorns, who would be way too powerful to balance as a PC, they could be big baddies or mentor/helpful NPCs) have magic, but it's usually just very minor telekinesis and one or two tricks related to their special talent.

Twilight is a bad example. Her special talent is magic so she's VASTLY more powerful than your average unicorn. Dang munchkin!

Earth ponies are physically stronger and have some sort of magical connection to the Earth that's never been explored

Pegasi can fly, and control the weather.

Also worthy of note is that the entire planet is artificially controlled. The sun rising, seasons changing, even the weather is done manually by the ponies.
    Last edited by Eakin; 2011-10-18 at 09:43 PM.
    Proof-reading is totally unnecessary in the digital age now that we have spell cheque.

Pony thread's official Element of Youtube

3. - Top - End - #333
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Ponies thread, what episode to watch

If you want to be assured that this is not a regular little girls' cartoon: Party of One.

If you want a catchy musical number: Winter Wrap Up.

If you want a good character introduction: Dragonshy or Swarm of the Century.

If you want pure epic: Sonic Rainboom.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

4. - Top - End - #334

Quote Originally Posted by Bhu View Post

Ponies wont be using Items, so I'll need to know about whatver bizarre magical doowhackery they use as powers so I can make Spells
    Adventurers
    -Mane 6
    -Many backround/secondary ponies would work pretty well here depending on the seriousness of the campaign. (Doctor Whooves, Trixie, Soarin', Spitfyre, etc.)

Discord or Nightmare Moon works well as the villian.
    The diamond dogs and other equestrian creatures work pretty well (Manticore, Cockatrice)

Items/Spells
    As pointed out most ponies don't use the same type of magic, so that might be hard to work, plus the only common spell we've seen unicorns use is levitation. Items could probably be very typical ones since the ponies have many of the same things we do.

5. - Top - End - #335
    Ogre in the Playground

Steamname: Atheist God, if you're lucky.

6. - Top - End - #336
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tectonic Robot View Post
    You have no idea how happy this makes me, man. No idea.
    I found it important enough to warrant saying; if the character you're playing is supposed to creep people out, and he does creep people out, then you're playing him right.

Just keep in mind, mate, the difference between Player and Character. Folks may get upset at Obadiah Zealous here (or Oba to his friends, badump-tsh) but that doesn't mean they're upset at you. Hard road to walk, so I figured you could use encouragement

-

So I've discovered the downside to waiting between posts. Inertia.
    If something comes up I want to respond to immediately, I get bummed because then I have to slog through back posts first. I need to get out of the 'must post' mentality, or I'll ruin myself.

Hey Raz, how ya doin'? I remember you were off on some soul searching. Did that bear any new fruit?

7. - Top - End - #337
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jahkaivah View Post
    Wooooah! It's the guy who started the first ponythread!

Did Kyrospawn change his youtube name? It says EpicGteGuy posted these...

@SiuiS

I wasn't actually trying to creep anybody out. This is a bad thing, no? If you have advice, I'd like to hear it... (That goes for everyone else as well...)
    Last edited by Tectonic Robot; 2011-10-18 at 09:49 PM.

8. - Top - End - #338
    Ogre in the Playground

Nope, seems like I had clicked on a related video without realising it was not the same one I found earlier, this is one Kyrospawn uploaded.
    Steamname: Atheist God, if you're lucky.

9. - Top - End - #339
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eakin View Post
    Also worthy of note is that the entire planet is artificially controlled. The sun rising, seasons changing, even the weather is done manually by the ponies.
    Only within Equestria, though (and maybe other pony-ruled lands as well?); it's unknown just how far this extends. What makes the Everfree Forest so terrifyingly unnatural to to the citizens of Ponyville is that the plants grow on their own, the animals take care of themselves, the clouds move without the aid of ponies, etc etc. Nature there takes care of itself, and the ponies aren't needed.

10. - Top - End - #340
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

There was a shoggoth in the '80s movie.
    ... I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams.

11. - Top - End - #341
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Neoseanster View Post
    Only within Equestria, though (and maybe other pony-ruled lands as well?); it's unknown just how far this extends. What makes the Everfree Forest so terrifyingly unnatural to to the citizens of Ponyville is that the plants grow on their own, the animals take care of themselves, the clouds move without the aid of ponies, etc etc. Nature there takes care of itself, and the ponies aren't needed.
    Except for the sun and moon. Which naturally there has to be mustached counterparts for Celestia and Luna on the other side of the planet, of of which was banished to the sun for 1000 years for trying to keep everyone locked in eternal day.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

12. - Top - End - #342
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    Hey man, I posted a response on this page, in case you missed it.
    Anyway, only unicorns and Alicorns actualy have magical powers. Earth ponys are usualy rather on the strong side, while pegusi can control the weather.

Ooopsie, missed that. Thanks guys!
    Last edited by Bhu; 2011-10-18 at 10:14 PM.
    Revised avatar by Trixie, New avvie by Crisis21!
    Mah Fluffy Death Critters
    Orcs and Goblins
    Behold the Power of Kitteh!
    Backup threads available here

13. - Top - End - #343
    Ogre in the Playground

Dear Ponythread,
    I am in desperate need of cheering up, for reasons I can't really discuss.
    Please help! Um... if that's okay with you.

14. - Top - End - #344
    Ogre in the Playground

Anyone have a drawing of Freaky Fred ponified? Because I just watched that episode, and he's awesome. He can be in my ponies any day of the week.

@Dexam: That! Is! Not! My! Cow!

Did that help?
    Last edited by Tectonic Robot; 2011-10-18 at 10:11 PM.

15. - Top - End - #345

I have been challenged to do an Arkham Horror Expansion based on My Little Pony.
    Standing in my way is my complete and total lack of knowledge about the show.
    This seemed like a good place to start asking stuff.
    Sure thing. Plus, here's a link to the My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic Wiki which is a good reference for extended information.
    The Mane Six characters are Twilight Sparkle & Rarity (Unicorns), Rainbow Dash & Fluttershy (Pegasai), and Applejack & Pinkie Pie (regular or "Earth" ponies). Other good characters to check out are Zecora (a zebra) and Big Macintosh (Applejack's older brother).
    The Big Bads from the show have been Nightmare Moon (a corruption of Princess Luna) and Discord, the spirit of Chaos. I recommend the latter.
    The Great and Powerful Trixie, Gilda the Griffon, and others from this page including Diamond Dogs, a Manticore, maybe a Cockatrice.
    Zecora is also good here, maybe The Wonderbolts.
    Magic in My Little Pony.
    Quote Originally Posted by Istari View Post
    A day or two of actively posting in this thread and I've already summoned an eldritch being. New record?
    I don't think it's a record, but we are TARDY in inviting you to join the Blue Pony Club!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Welcome!

[FFRP] Magic Is Meticulous
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Starry looks towards the platform and then to the sky, slightly pale. I suppose I should take the front so I can try and help us find where we are going... And um... she scuffs the ground with a hoof, marring her prior diagrams.

I think a bubble would be best. I'm afraid I would probably panic if I had my hooves bound or something...
    Bubble it is! Topaz conjures a long, narrow ellipse and hops onto the back, waits for Starry to jump onto the front, then domes it over and lifts gently above the trees. Which way from here?

Also, was going to comment on Green Eyes, but the Internet decided to set me back about ten minutes when I tried. Both Now and back when I first saw her XD
    Huh. Want to try again?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Blue Star Topaz is my name
    Equestria's my station
    The Elements define my creed
    The Herd's my destination

16. - Top - End - #346

Quote Originally Posted by Dexam View Post
    Dear Ponythread,
    Aww!

Hugs for Dexam!
    *hugs*

but that's about all I can do without a liiiiittle bit more to go on...
    Proof-reading is totally unnecessary in the digital age now that we have spell cheque.

Pony thread's official Element of Youtube

17. - Top - End - #347
    Ettin in the Playground

Dear Ponythread,
    *Tackleglompyhugs*

Aww, I hope you feel better soon.

Have some happy pics, (warning, Cuteness Level 5 Alert):
    Spoiler
    Show

Edit, oops. Derped the border.
    Last edited by BlasTech; 2011-10-18 at 10:16 PM.

18. - Top - End - #348
    Banned

Wooooah! It's the guy who started the first ponythread!

@SiuiS

I wasn't actually trying to creep anybody out. This is a bad thing, no? If you have advice, I'd like to hear it... (That goes for everyone else as well...)
    Well, not creepy. I was floundering for words before Jahkaivah sic'd Dark Knight Sparkle on me and scared away the sleepies.

You're playing an antagonist (at least temporarily). Antagonizing is what those do. So of course, it's going to seem like all the ponies decide to be protagonists (and seriously, how could they all be pros? I'm sure some of them are amateurtagonists, and I will demand credentials if I have to!) and gang up on you, as well as they can. It's just important to remember that they aren't attacking you, at all.

I'd say roll with it. He seems stubborn, but unsure. Eentually, something will convert him, or maybe today's lesson is about tolerating the beliefs and feelings of others even when they don't make sense to us, personally. Play it by ear!

Just be ready to step in and say "guys, this is getting uncomfortable, can we stop tagging on me?" if needed. Personally, I suggest PMing the othe. Player in that situation and trying to work out a 'script' of sorts, so you can continue the RP without stepping on anypony's hooftips.

Folks tend to be formgivinf if you're honest about stuff, around these parts. I'd know, I've done some pretty dumb and occasionally hurtful things in my time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kindablue View Post
    Ear muffins? All o my yes.
    And some of Thanqol's too. I've got it on loan.

Dear Ponythread,
    You are a clever, cheerful and jovial creature who has inspired laughter and joy through such simple things as giving us elvish translations. Know that this is a sliver of who you are, and realize exacty how much more you accomplish everyday, just by existing.

19. - Top - End - #349
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Dear Ponythread,
    You can have an Episode 6 joke hot off EqD:

Spoiler
    Show

Does that help?

If not I'm sure us good friends can help you!

20. - Top - End - #350
    Ettin in the Playground

Hey Raz, how ya doin'? I remember you were off on some soul searching. Did that bear any new fruit?
    Oh, I'm working and chipping at my own personal philosophy - which is something, as of late, that I had not done at all, so that I had, as you know, slid into behavior that I rationally knew was unbecoming of me. It is indeed bearing fruit, but it's so hard gaining ground in the Red Queen's Race, you know?

A good case in point being Thread!Drama. Ugh. I currently feel like digging a hole and pulling the dirt back in over my head; on the other hand, I actually realized that I had stepped over the line before anyone called me out on it, which is certainly improvement.

I got too emotionally involved again. Phoe was right; blinders and blindfolds, the center cannot hold. I'm a fool, a young fool who sometimes forgets that he's foolish, and that there are only so many times that the trickster's luck holds out.

...I've writing to do. You know, instead of lashing out at thread regulars in a fit of emotion and cementing my position as a fire-headed troublemaker, I could actually get some writing done. Phoe'd like that.

...Hey, Trixie. If you haven't put me on the ignore list (and I wouldn't blame you), I'm sorry. Not about the "please don't", that was serious, but about my tone. What is it they say? "A cornered fox is at his most dangerous?" To himself, perhaps. Frustration and anger wrapped up in elegant words and raw honesty is still unacceptable here, here of all places on these forums. Applejack would have my hide for that kind of behavior, and I'd be well-deserving of it.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

21. - Top - End - #351
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kindablue View Post
    Ow! My sanity! Truly I didn't realize the depth of terror that is Shoggoth!Smooze...

Dear Ponythread,
    Have some pony! (Warning very cute, very random, and very large images):
    Spoiler
    Show

This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

22. - Top - End - #352
    Titan in the Playground

I'm note sure what kind of box I've opened, but...

Ponyhammer now has a lore thread in the RP section.
    Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

23. - Top - End - #353
    Titan in the Playground

Dear Ponythread,
    *hugs*

I'm sorry you're not feeling well, I picked some fresh pony for you!

Spoiler
    Show

I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

24. - Top - End - #354
    Troll in the Playground

Guess who finished his lit seminar and finally has time for relaxation and ponies?!

DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #355
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Dear Ponythread,
    Here's something adorable to cheer you up. *Hug* Feel better.

http://ponibooru.413chan.net/post/vi...72?search=cute

http://ponibooru.413chan.net/post/vi...32?search=cute

http://ponibooru.413chan.net/post/vi...02?search=cute

26. - Top - End - #356
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
    Guess who finished his lit seminar and finally has time for relaxation and ponies?!
    The druid droid?

27. - Top - End - #357
    Ettin in the Playground

Ooh! Ooh! More guessing games! Um... Hokey Smokes! How about Queen Meanie? No! Black Snooty, Black Snooty!

28. - Top - End - #358

Dear Ponythread,
    *Midnight gives lots and lots of cuddles to poor Dexam! Tons and tons!

29. - Top - End - #359
    Ogre in the Playground

Ow! My sanity! Truly I didn't realize the depth of terror that is Shoggoth!Smooze...
    It was a terrible, indescribable thing vaster than any subway train—a shapeless congeries of protoplasmic bubbles, faintly self-luminous, and with myriads of temporary eyes forming and un-forming as pustules of greenish light all over the tunnel-filling front that bore down upon us, crushing the frantic penguins and slithering over the glistening floor that it and its kind had swept so evilly free of all litter.
    It fits. The Smooze also turns anyone who touches it into a jerk, a fate much worse than decapitation, I've always thought.
    Last edited by Kindablue; 2011-10-18 at 10:56 PM.
    ... I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams.

30. - Top - End - #360
    Troll in the Playground

The druid droid?
    ding ding ding! We have a winner! Tell him what he's won, Lyra!

Ponies!

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    Ooh! Ooh! More guessing games! Um... Hokey Smokes! How about Queen Meanie? No! Black Snooty, Black Snooty!
    Aww, a capital try anyway... What's his consolation prize, Lyra?

Ponies!

Spoiler
    Show

In other news, crazy!pony avatars seem to be a 'hit' of sorts in all the other threads I post in...

Spoiler
    Show