New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1477
  1. - Top - End - #1111
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XXVIII: In the Crazy of 40.000 Posts, There is Only Pony!

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtbag View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Probably just magic used to scare fillies during... Whatever it was they call Halloween. Like our little pranks we pull.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, but I can't figure out what it looks like. It seems to be wearing Luna's/NMM's armor/necklack thing

2. - Top - End - #1112
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XXVIII: In the Crazy of 40.000 Posts, There is Only Pony!

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    You're actually going to find Evil ponies? Prepared to kill without hesitation or mrecy? Because members of the Aotrs are required to do that, are required be evil, and to kill and destroy whatever they are assigned to - it's a mandatory requirement. While I was lying a little bit to Midnight, like all good lies, there is a grain of truth to it.

I don't think you can go that dark, Lix...
    Actually, I was going to get an alternate version of myself who is an insane pony necromancer to go join you. Worst case scenario, I've given my allies a powerful necromancer and a contingent of superponies. Best case scenario, either she or you are good influences on each other.

Well, now that you mention it-

I remind you there's no saving throw against Hopereaver-is-ordered-to-clean-station-from-top-to-bottom-with-a-toothbursh.

-ehehe *ulp*, um, no, actually I cannot say that I have ever had that urge...

Especially since, while you are so goddess-boosted for that length of time, there are some actual, real missions that would benefit from your presence.

That...is a really good point, Commadore. I'll go check my ground-side gear.

Snag another one of the Mark 17s, I know you like to use two, and there's a couple I haven't doled out yet.

Really? Really really? Woohoo!

Hopereaver, while I appreciate your enthusiasm, you have exactly two seconds to let go before, spell aside, I find a way to hurt you.

Aha...er right! Off to stores, then! And thank you Lix!
    Spoilsport.
    At least I helped Hope!

Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    Oh, you. [laughtrack]

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Strife View Post
    From the very first ponythread:

Spoiler
    Show
    Hey tonberrian, almost forget your chisel-

Why is the Commadore lying curled in a fetal position, rocking back and forth and gibbering like a lunatic?

Not...really sure, Commander.

He's...actually frothing at the mouth. That's quite impressive. Didn't you think maybe you ought have, I dunno, done something? Called someone?

Um...

Well, ma'am, with all the crazy going around here lately, we figured this was actually...kinda normal...

Huh. Fair point. *shrug*

*chisels away*
    ...what WAS this joke?

Quote Originally Posted by Brazen Shield View Post
    Nope go ahead! :D

Though you might have a jealous Lixie on your hand----
    Mwah? I can share. (snuggles Braz)

T^T never mind...
    Huh? I woulda responded to you if you said something to me! (cuddle)

Let's fix that~

HEY SIUIS! KRIS HAS A CRUSH ON YOU~
    I WAS HERE FIRST
    Well, Braz was. I was second!

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Fox View Post
    Yay!
    Why is this a yay?
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

3. - Top - End - #1113
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Why is this a yay?
    He obviously enjoys the idea of having a jealous Lix on hand. Maybe he likes having you around?

Also! Episode spoilers directed towards Lix!
    Spoiler
    Show
    What do YOU think of Pipsqueak, assuming you've watched the little episode things.

4. - Top - End - #1114
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tectonic Robot View Post
    He obviously enjoys the idea of having a jealous Lix on hand. Maybe he likes having you around?

Also! Episode spoilers directed towards Lix!
    Spoiler
    Show
    What do YOU think of Pipsqueak, assuming you've watched the little episode things.
    ...maybe?

I haven't watched them. xD I probably will. I just CBA to go and find the links, but if someone gives them to me I'll watch.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.

5. - Top - End - #1115
    Pixie in the Playground

Wait, Esper didn't tell you how much we post? I'm surprised that wasn't the introduction!

"Dude. There's this pony thread, and they post like 90 posts an hour or something ridiculous like that."
    Oh, no, I knew how fast it moved from when I was lurking...but it's a huge jump going from reading all of that, to participating in the conversation!

6. - Top - End - #1116
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    ...what WAS this joke?
    One you'll love.

Well. Crap.

LOOK A STARSHIP!

*flees*

Where?!

*skullpalm*

Get back here while I spiffilicate you!
    SiriusxPolaris?
    Also, I'm disappointed. I was hoping to find out if a Space Lich can have an aneurism with my joke.
    I'd have had been one first...

Oh! Zing!
    I think I know what you're trying to say, but it seems like the words got lost between your brain and the keyboard.

Maybe you had an aneurism after all? I was sure literal star shipping would have some effect on you.

Apparently sew.

!!

*skullpalm*

I-

How did I-

Neeaaaaargh!

fweeble spanangle whosit flibbly vloopy clonk vanspiddoo flarg
    Thanks to Dirty Tabs for the Travis pony.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

Breakdown Twilight from Pony Halloween celebration, thanks to Thanqol.

Thanks to Akrim.Elf for the awesome Laharl pony.

7. - Top - End - #1117
    Titan in the Playground

One you'll love.
    ...I do. I REALLY do. xD
    <3

8. - Top - End - #1118
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

And you've won. If all I want to do is thwart you, then not doing anything to thwart beats me. If the only winning move is no to play, and you stop playing...

Well, I'm trying not to be too sore of a loser

You could also have punched me though. not enough AC in the world to stop that, or damage reduction. What was the attack again? +2147? OUTRAGEOUS

<<
    >>
    <<

*puts a mask on Rathe's face and draws on that, then runaway Chittagong like a leprechaun*

But the complete immunity isn't. There is always somehow which can overcome anything, it's the nature of the game. Your best bet is to be a nice guy and have friends. Like us! So come play with ponies! Ponies make nice friends [/size]
    Coulda been worse... coulda been the face I guess. Sending to SiuiS: Can be a nice guy, cannot have friends. Is my destiny to be alone for all time.
    There is no emotion more useless in life than hate.

9. - Top - End - #1119
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    Also since it seems like advance info is coming fairly regularly we should have a policy for that. I recommend roughly the same interval as an episode, starting from when something hits EqD.
    Strongly disagree. We have the (now Tuesday) cutoff for spoilers because at that point they shouldn't be spoilers anymore. But any prerelease info is most definitely still a spoiler up until the episode itself stops being a spoiler. Advance releases of screencaps/videos/summaries ought to be kept spoilered until the associated episode passes its own spoiler cutoff.

[EDIT]: And now that I'm caught up on the last 5 pages, I'm gonna duck out of the thread until tomorrow afternoon as well. I'll spoil myself on images and synopses, but videos are beyond what I'll take in. Not that I'm, you know, here much anyway...
    Last edited by AlterForm; 2011-10-21 at 02:14 PM.

10. - Top - End - #1120
    Barbarian in the Playground

Midnight's Aggression (compilation)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek View Post
    Cuddleforts and Those Blokes Outside
    Spoiler
    Show
    *Midnight hums happily, as she sets up things to be even better inside the fort. Topaz noted that there needed to be horn guards, so she makes some with her own magic, just to be sure nopony gets an eye poked out. Leo's bacon (even though it does churn her stomach, she's a pure herbivore) has given her an idea, and she's putting out a full spread, so that when ponies feel the need to eat, they don't have to leave the fort. In other words, she's trying to be as best a hostess as possible.

There's just one problem. As it turns out, being a succubus has given her some better senses, and so, she can hear the group outside of the fort. She lets out a sigh, and then trots back out, starting to look a little irritated now.

"Really, do I stand in your front yard, and start gossiping about you?" She scolds, and then shakes her head. "I also don't appreciate the skepticism about my lineage. I am the daughter of Twilight Sparkle, Trixie, and Princess Luna, and I'm very proud of that!"

She hrmphs softly.

"Really, now, the invitation to join in is still on, but really no-" She blinks, spotting the dark blue pegasus. "Hey, don't I know you? Hmn...yeah, you're in one of my classes! Silverbolt, right?"
    Cuddlepile
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Oh, yes, yes, of course you are. Obviously you are the progeny of three mares, one of which is a princess. And they fath... I mean mothered a succubus, as well! I really can't understand why I was so skeptical before." Candle placatingly puts up his hooves as he says this, standing up on his hind legs to do so.

"And I don't have a front yard, but if I did have one I'd be pretty annoyed if someone was just standing around gossiping outside it... Oh, wait." Candles looks distraught for a moment. "Oh, er, yes, well, I'd better, uh, be going than. Sorry about all this. I'll just be over by the tree if anyone needs me." Candles heads back to the tree, taking his mirror back out.
    Spoiler
    Show
    *Midnight bristles, and begins stalking towards Candles, ignoring the delivery person with that package for Lyra. Which is probably either a good or a bad thing! She has very few buttons to push to make her angry, but this is one of them.

"First of all, I'm not a succubus. This is only a temporary thing from an...experiment I tried. I decided to keep it for awhile because Nightmare Night is pretty close, and it makes for a marvelous costume for me and Night-I mean, for me."

No sense in revealing *THAT* to him, he'd probably try to exorcism next.

"Second of all, they are my parents! Just because it isn't how it's normally done..." She pauses, and then calls out to the ponies in the fort. "Hey, everypony, who are my parents?"
    What's this? Strife outside the pile?
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Wait, why would you want to be a succubus? They're wacky! And you can be a princess if you want too! I totally believe you and I'm sure that everypony else does too. Right guys?"

I think We're Just About Out Of Bums
    Spoiler
    Show
    Flashpoint watches the argument occurring in front of him with increasing amusement. After having himself a bit of a laugh, he ambles over to the polymorphed princess. "I think that we are giving this poor missus a bit more trouble than she needs, eh?" He sidles up to Midnight. "Being of rather, ah, interesting parentage myself, I see no need to gossip about such an inconsequential element of one's character. And see how we've upset the lovely lady!" He winks at midnight. "I, for one, couldn't care less about one's earthly form, especially when it is a form of such beauty."

Quote Originally Posted by Neoseanster View Post
    Bumbumbumbumbum
    Spoiler
    Show
    The colt smiles and nods, listening, then pauses, doing something of a metaphorical double take. "Flashpoint, nice to meet you-- uh, wait... 'put a knife in you?' 'A tool of your trade, and the less I see of it, the better off I am?' You're... you must either be some kind of mob pony, or else..." he trails off, mumbling quietly to himself. "Sociophobic paranoia? That poor pony... that must be very hard, being so fearful that everypony looks like a new threat instead of a new friend." He smiles again, resolutely, looking up at the red earth pony. "Well, what brings you down this way? I'm not sure about up north, but most of the ponies down around here are very friendly. Were you looking for the inn? Or something else? I'm sure everypony would be glad to help."
    Bumercalibumaliciousexpealibumcious
    Spoiler
    Show
    "The whole knives thing tends to be rather irritating, doesn't it? There was this one mare, a sweet little thing, thought she loved me, couldn't bear to let me leave." He chuckles, pointing to a small scar just below his right shoulder. "That one itched for a week!"

He sits back. "The mob, you say? Weird bunch of fellows, them. Talking in accents even though none of them are foreign, saying 'capisc?' all the time... I only rarely do work with them. Snappy dressers, though. I got this tie from a, uh, client of mine down in Fillydelphia. I only intended it as a trophy of sorts, but the mares loved it so much I kept it."
    I have a band!
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #1121
    Barbarian in the Playground

So many posts! I had to skim the past 10 or so pages. I've never skimmed this many ponythread pages before! What if there's a test? I definitely won't pass!

And imagine how much worse it would be for me if I actually kept up with the new episode spoilers.

Quote Originally Posted by Soft Serve View Post
    *Blocks more psycho-axe-murderer avatars*

That's what all the Twilight avvies, and the new captain Ido Nos Avvie look like to me.
    Back to my normal avvy. I'm sorry that they were making some ponies uncomfortable.

Ooh, lucky. I really need to find a pony meet somewhere in Toronto to go to at some point. >.>
    Titanium Fox beat me to it, but you should totally come to BroNYcon. Especially if we manage to get Lauren Faust there!

-

Oh, Ponythread, it is awful, just awful! Something truly terrible has happened to me today! And of all the worst thing that could happen, this is

The.

Worst.

Possible.

Thing!

*Checks to see if anypony is still paying attention*

You see, just today, I...

(Pause for dramatic effect)

I...

...was told by my optometrist that I need to get glasses!

*Faints onto fainting couch that wasn't there a moment ago*

Yes, I actually do need to get glasses.
    "Why is it that we receive a penny for our thoughts, but have to put in our 2 cents?"

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

I got an award!
    Spoiler
    Show

Fluttershy in the Playground - third place

12. - Top - End - #1122
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by AlterForm View Post
    Strongly disagree. We have the (now Tuesday) cutoff for spoilers because at that point they shouldn't be spoilers anymore. But any prerelease info is most definitely still a spoiler up until the episode itself stops being a spoiler. Advance releases of screencaps/videos/summaries ought to be kept spoilered until the associated episode passes its own spoiler cutoff.
    Ahem:

ZOMG LUNA IS IN THE NEXT EPISODE

Did I spoiler you? If I did then you've been living under a rock in Everfree Forest or something.We should strive to avoid the page of pure spoiler tags. Therefore given how early some of this is hitting us (Luna's been what month now?) it makes no sense to have a zero tolerance policy here.

For contrast a real spoiler right now would be:

Spoiler
    Show
    ZOMG ZECORA IS IN THE NEXT EPISODE

because we just found it out and its at least somewhat surprising. And even then this isn't telling you anything about the episode. If it wasn't the first time this season it wouldn't be a spoiler. Like its not a spoiler to say that Pinkie Pie is in the episode and so far up to her old random tricks. I dare say even what every pony (of the regular characters anyways) is dressing up as for Nightmare Night isn't because its not plot relevant and is the sort of thing you'd find out immediately in the episode.

Avoiding "spoiler" material entirely is not possible while still discussing the show. At least if we want to avoid the page of nothing but spoiler tags that must be painstakingly opened one by one as you go through the page. And for what, things that most of us are going to already know?

If I don't want spoilers I won't go near pony sites.

13. - Top - End - #1123
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vent Reynolt View Post

Back to my normal avvy. I'm sorry that they were making some ponies uncomfortable.
    Like I said, I've got adblock. They don't bug me because I can't see them.

14. - Top - End - #1124
    Ogre in the Playground

The.

Worst.

Possible.

Thing!

I...

LE GASP! NOT GLASSES! ANYTHING BUT GLASSES!

Nah, I'm sure you'll make 'em look. Your Vent Reynolt! You'll probably look 600% cooler while bespectacled!

15. - Top - End - #1125
    Troll in the Playground

I...

Congratulations! Glasses are wonderful! A good pair not only make you more attractive, but will make you seem smarter too! This is scientific FACT! :D
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

16. - Top - End - #1126
    Titan in the Playground

Episode 4
    Spoiler
    Show
    Got a better screenshot of that green thing... spooky

Luna really is a prankster can there be any doubt?

17. - Top - End - #1127
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    Episode 4
    Spoiler
    Show

Episode 4
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yes. There can be some doubt. I don't know 'bout dem giant green gas nightmare moon pranks, man. Gotta remember this is aaaall out of context.

18. - Top - End - #1128
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    Episode 4
    Spoiler
    Show

Awesome work there

Spoiler
    Show
    Gotta be a fear spell, this is whatever Nightmare Moon really was trying to get a new host.

Ergo not Luna. Note the different chest piece and horseshoes.
    Last edited by Soras Teva Gee; 2011-10-21 at 02:57 PM.

19. - Top - End - #1129
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee
    Did I spoiler you? If I did then you've been living under a rock in Everfree Forest or something.We should strive to avoid the page of pure spoiler tags. Therefore given how early some of this is hitting us (Luna's been what month now?) it makes no sense to have a zero tolerance policy here.
    Both the post and ante episode spoiler tags are only for specific information, so synopses shouldn't be hidden by them. Just use discretion, there's no reason to complicate it beyond that.
    ... I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams.

20. - Top - End - #1130
    Titan in the Playground

Episode 4
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yes. There can be some doubt. I don't know 'bout dem giant green gas nightmare moon pranks, man. Gotta remember this is aaaall out of context.
    Episode 4
    Spoiler
    Show
    Aww, you're spoiling my fun

Given the screenshot we saw of Luna and Twilight earlier, and how Twilight is the only one who doesn't flee in terror, I'm thinking Luna will be giggling and greeting Twilight seconds after this clip.

Sure, I could be wrong. But I really don't think this is a "defeat the villain" kind of episode. It's more of a "Luna isn't such a bad pony, she just wants to have friends and a good laugh" kind of episode.

21. - Top - End - #1131
    Orc in the Playground

PONYTHREAD. I have a challenge:

Spoiler
    Show

Has this been edited with Scootaloo yet?
    Yup!

Spoiler
    Show

Awesome stuff there:

Spoiler
    Show
    Its obvious the astropony is merely imitating mysterious images off ancient carvings of the Ilamayan civilization.

Some ponies theorizes these depict travellers from another world, but the best unicorns magic users in the land declare this impossible nonsense
    (imagedump, nothing really Ep4 spoilery)
    Spoiler
    Show
    PONNNNIIIEEEESSSSS IN SPPPAAAACCCCEEEEEEE

Oh, Ponythread, it is awful, just awful! Something truly terrible has happened to me today! And of all the worst thing that could happen, this is

The.

Worst.

Possible.

Thing!

I...

LE GASP! NOT GLASSES! ANYTHING BUT GLASSES!

Nah, I'm sure you'll make 'em look. Your Vent Reynolt! You'll probably look 600% cooler while bespectacled!
    I've worn glasses since I was 12-ish... my first year or two I was really self-conscious about it and wouldn't wear them to school (and as a result, my grades suffered, as I couldn't clearly see - or, heck, at all - see what was written on the board), but I'm used to it and think they look fine, now. You'll get used to them after a while, too, and soon you'll wonder how you ever made do without.

I just got back from a doctor's appointment where I had it confirmed that I very likely have Gilbert's Syndrome (pronounced all French-ily, not with a hard T). This evidently doesn't actually mean anything, speaking practically, just that I'd have trouble with certain medications that I of present don't need to take anyway. And it means I might end up with temporary yellow-ish skin or eyes when I'm sick/starved/etc, and that I have a greatly decreased risk of coronary artery disease.

Oh, and, Napolean I had it, too (roman numeral, not "I had it").

Greater resistance to a disease, unusual coloration in times of stress, secret weakness? I'm going to consider this a superpower.
    Last edited by Neoseanster; 2011-10-21 at 04:04 PM.

22. - Top - End - #1132
    Bugbear in the Playground

[FFRP] Siege of Fort Cuddles
    Spoiler
    Show
    [color="green"]

Starry bounces bombastically while the glue on the WMDs sets, and then...

HEEHEEHEE! This is gonna be GREAT!

Donning an infantry helmet (on top of her wizarding hat), Starry adjusts the range on the mortar tubes using a "scope" Gerry rigged from a bent spoon, a lens with cross-hairs carved into it, and a lollipop stick. Then, she grabs a narratively convenient mouse and dashes pepper onto his nose!

"Uh... Uh... UUUUUUHHHH....!" the mouse says! But not yet! Starry ties his mouth closed with a bit of ribbon and a pretty little bow (and the green sparkles on the blue totally set of the mouse's eyes!) before she sticks the mouse wholesale into the bag of marshmallows!

Starry had been holding one of the tubes in the ready the whole time with telekinesis - the surgical tubing being not only pulled but slowly tightened by the force - *and drops the bag into the top.

FWHOOOSH!

The bag launches into the air, quivering! Contracting! Expanding! Contracting and expanding in ever increasing rhythm, until--

"ACHOOO!"

The bag explodes, raining five pounds of high-velocity medium-spread marshmallow mayhem! The mouse floats down gently on a coffee filter parachute.
    Topaz spies the marshmallow rain, and begins using her magic to direct the chewy goodness onto the horns of any unicorns that aren't wearing horn shields.
    Well, that should buy some time. Maybe I can get the root beer bottles turned in and pick up some more horn shields by the time these are all consumed. She sighs. It's a pity I can't teleport. She wiggles out of the pillowfort with the box of bottles.

Don't you mean Socks in the City?
    It was before the socks meme started.
    Ugh. Why do all the cool ponies live east of here?
    If I remember the clues correctly, I'm actually pretty close to you.

So yeah. 10 running computers. OH RIGHT AND THE MEDIA SERVER SO ELEVEN.

Ponies. Do you see why I have a hard time keeping my digital stuff organized yet?
    This is how companies like Amazon, Apple and Google are selling cloud services.
    Well, I know what I'd take out of my burning house, personally.

The fire.

Quite likely followed by whichever bastard set my house ablaze, with a suitably violent definition of "take out..."
    Ah, the CMC method of "putting the fire out".

(And why would a starship full of undead even have an oxygen atmosphere?)
    Blue Star Topaz is my name
    Equestria's my station
    The Elements define my creed
    The Herd's my destination

23. - Top - End - #1133
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
    [FFRP] Siege of Fort Cuddles
    [spoiler]
    Topaz spies the marshmallow rain, and begins using her magic to direct the chewy goodness onto the horns of any unicorns that aren't wearing horn shields.
    \
    When Marshmallows Attack
    Spoiler
    Show
    Seeing the rain of surgery deliciousness descending towards him Novello magically whips out some paper rolling them into pointed sticks. He then skewers the marshmallows coming towards him, taking a bite out of one of the caught ones"Mmm... tasty! Those pages are ruined though."

24. - Top - End - #1134
    Ettin in the Playground

Ahem:

Bu- but ... I like coming to this thread!

Not to mention the amount of RP I'll miss if I go away for the three days before any new episode. The thought of having to catch up on all that RP ...

Anyway, it's only another day until the new episode, we can make it! Clock is ticking everyone. CLOCK. IS. TICKING!!

Loving the new ponymotes by the way, in case you couldn't tell!

Quote Originally Posted by MLPSilverbolt View Post
    By Celestia's beard, you ponies sure post a lot! I've got stuff to reply to all the way back to page 33, and no way is my lunchbreak long enough to do it all!
    Good idea: Falling asleep when you are tired
    Bad idea: Realising that the 8 hours you've been napping are prime posting time in the US.

Got at least as many pages to catch up on this morning, oh well, at least I can do it while I have breakfast *om nom nom's an apple*

Spoiler
    Show
    The egg continued to crackle with that constant level of electricity, showing no signs of reduction.

"I think no one lived here before I did! The place was condemned as unsafe, can you believe that? Prime real estate like this? With a view? And a waterwheel? What kind of madpony boards up a place like this just because the entire cliff face is 'dangerously unstable' and 'could go down with a single loud noise'? I make loud noises all the time and nothing bad has ever happened."
    Clockwork RP:

Spoiler
    Show
    "Abandoned huh, fair enough." Igneous replied, dropping the line of inquiry as quickly as it started. He was soon distracted by Tinker's experiement on Sek, and dashed forward to observe the colourful cube the clockwork pony had been adjusting.

"Oh! Is that a rubucks' cube? I always loved those things!" he said, staring at it with wide eyed enthusiasm once again.

OOC: Thanqol, the dragon egg setup was almost too perfect!
    Last edited by BlasTech; 2011-10-21 at 04:04 PM.

25. - Top - End - #1135
    Ogre in the Playground

Ahem:

ZOMG LUNA IS IN THE NEXT EPISODE

For contrast a real spoiler right now would be:

Spoiler
    Show
    ZOMG ZECORA IS IN THE NEXT EPISODE

because we just found it out and its at least somewhat surprising. And even then this isn't telling you anything about the episode. If it wasn't the first time this season it wouldn't be a spoiler. Like its not a spoiler to say that Pinkie Pie is in the episode and so far up to her old random tricks. I dare say even what every pony (of the regular characters anyways) is dressing up as for Nightmare Night isn't because its not plot relevant and is the sort of thing you'd find out immediately in the episode.

Avoiding "spoiler" material entirely is not possible while still discussing the show. At least if we want to avoid the page of nothing but spoiler tags that must be painstakingly opened one by one as you go through the page. And for what, things that most of us are going to already know?

There are 29 episodes already released, plus fanart, plus fanfiction, plus other assorted fanworks. It is entirely possible to discuss the show while avoiding spoiler material. And if you just absolutely have to comment on something spoilerrific? There's a reason they're called spoiler boxes.

If that's where we want to the thread to go, though: a spoiler-friendly environment with prerelease materials in the open? Fine. Just slap a [spoiler] tag on the next thread title and I'll have one less thread to check on the forums.
    Last edited by AlterForm; 2011-10-21 at 04:19 PM.

26. - Top - End - #1136
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AlterForm View Post
    There are 29 episodes already released, plus fanart, plus fanfiction, plus other assorted fanworks. It is entirely possible to discuss the show while avoiding spoiler material. And if you just absolutely have to comment on something spoilerrific? There's a reason they're called spoiler boxes.

If that's where we want to the thread to go, though; a free for all with prerelease spoilers hanging about everywhere? Fine. Just slap a [spoiler] tag on the next thread title and I'll have one less thread to check on the forums.
    Very much agreed.

It's not unreasonable to wait two or three days to discuss the new episode outside of spoiler boxes.

27. - Top - End - #1137
    Ettin in the Playground

Thoughts on ep4 teasers:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Luna's guards kind of remind me of Warhammer dark elves.
    Also, SO! AWESOME! WHY CAN'T IT BE SATURDAY YET?!
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

28. - Top - End - #1138
    Orc in the Playground

Woah, there, slow down everypony!

Lets not let ourselves get polarized over the whole spoiler issue... compromise is very key to maintaining healthy friendships. So sayeth the writings of Twilight Sparkle, prophet of Princess Celestia. Personally, while I can understand not wanting to see discussion of the episode itself until you've seen it, I think that discussion of leaked content is okay. The creators of the show intentionally released it early to try and help build excitement for the new episodes, so why begrudge them that?

That said, I understand that some disagree with this stance, and would prefer to avoid seeing any leaked content at all until after the episode has aired, and I don't think the inconvenience of clicking on a couple of (properly labeled) spoiler tags is worth alienating them over it. "No unspoilered discussion of the episode or any leaked content more revealing than what is in the TV guide entry until X hours after the episode airs" indeed does not seem too unreasonable.

I think we've more or less agreed that 72 hours is a good baseline? Personally, I wouldn't mind if it were an even shorter window, like 48 or 36 hours, but I suppose I can understand if others feel that would be /too/ short of a period.
    Last edited by Neoseanster; 2011-10-21 at 04:57 PM.

29. - Top - End - #1139
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Neoseanster View Post
    Woah, there, slow down everypony!

Lets not let ourselves get polarized over the whole spoiler issue... compromise is very key to maintaining healthy friendships. So sayeth the writings of Twilight Sparkle, prophet of Princess Celestia. Personally, while I can understand not wanting to see discussion of the episode itself until you've seen it, I think that discussion of leaked content is okay. The creators of the show intentionally released it early to try and help build excitement for the new episodes, so why begrudge them that?

That said, I understand that some disagree with this stance, and would prefer to avoid seeing any leaked content at all until after the episode has aired, and I don't think the inconvenience of clicking on a couple of (properly labeled) spoiler tags is worth alienating them over it. "No unspoilered discussion of the episode or any leaked content more revealing than what is in the TV guide entry until X hours after the episode airs" indeed does not seem too unreasonable.

I think we've more or less agreed that 72 hours is a good baseline? Personally, I wouldn't mind if it were an even shorter window, like 48 or 36 hours, but I suppose I can understand if others feel that would be /too/ short of a period.
    ^This. It's not that hard to keep things in spoiler tags until Tuesday. If you're not sure if it's a spoiler, better safe than sorry. Pre-release discussion is great and all, just label it first! [/knowingishalfthebattle]

That being said, I'm going to be sparse around here until after the episode. *activate lurk mode*
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2011-10-21 at 05:07 PM.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

30. - Top - End - #1140
    Titan in the Playground

Because I couldn't not do it:

Episode 4
    Spoiler
    Show
    Somewhat crude vector since the video wasn't that great quality and I only had one reference shot. Still, bon apetit!