New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 24394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1478
  1. - Top - End - #1441
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: General Exalted Discussion Thread VII: Playground Eternal Essence

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    And by fence, we mean Adrian, the river of all torments.
    And by "All torments," we mean love...
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

2. - Top - End - #1442
    Barbarian in the Playground

And by sign, we meen hundreds-of-feet tall flaming letters covered in serrated blades.
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Mage-King;
    Hydrogen Dioxide! It kills more people than ANYTHING ELSE! Billions are CHRONICALLY ADDICTED to it!

INCLUDING BABIES! THINK OF THE BABIES!
    Currently not doing any Let's Plays or AARs or anything, on account of being a lazy git. I'll get around to it eventually. Really.

3. - Top - End - #1443
    Ogre in the Playground

Speaking as a dabbling mathematician, let's cut to the chase.

Let P(X) be a function mapping the integers to silly security devices which is both one-to-one and onto. EDIT: Let P(X) be further constrained by the condition that R(P(X)), where R(S) is a function mapping silly security devices to the reals defined as the "Ridiculosity Function", is strictly increasing.

Then by P(X), we mean P(X+1).
    Last edited by Fortuna; 2011-11-26 at 05:16 PM.
    If I creep into your house in the dead of night and strangle you while you sleep, you probably messed up your grammar.

I'm always extremely careful to hedge myself against absolute statements.

4. - Top - End - #1444
    Titan in the Playground

And by fence, we mean Adrian, the river of all torments.
    Hm. That is a puzzling puzzle.

I choose to wait.

Arrival of Primordial War in 3….2….1….
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

5. - Top - End - #1445
    Firbolg in the Playground

tongue Re: General Exalted Discussion Thread VII: Playground Eternal Essence

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Arrival of Primordial War in 3….2….1….
    I choose to put in a roof. And by roof, I mean a Solar with Order-Affirming Blow, Adorjan Principle Emulation, and Fond Remembrance of Adrian, tilted at a 50 degree angle off the fence.

Oh, for the days when the Realm Defence Grid could keep the fae off of our lawns.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

6. - Top - End - #1446

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    Oh, for the days when the Realm Defence Grid could keep the fae off of our lawns.
    Well, there were also the reality engines...

That, and the fact that a properly-built Solar in the First Age could respond to something as simple as a Fair Folk's propaganda pamphlet with an undodgeable, unblockable Melee counterattack all the way from Mount Meru.
    Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 2011-11-26 at 05:35 PM.
    It is inevitable, of course, that persons of epicurean refinement will in the course of eternity engage in dealings with those of... unsavory character. Record well any transactions made, and repay all favors promptly.. (Thanks to Gnomish Wanderer for the Toreador avatar! )

Wanna see what all this Exalted stuff is about? Here's a primer!

7. - Top - End - #1447

GnomePirate

Quote Originally Posted by Turalisj View Post
    Which is why I keep a cold iron fence around all my games with a sign that says "No Raksha allowed".
    And what difference is between Raksha and Twilight ? Except that latter have Power, but little flexibility and the former have Flexibility and little power ?

In Player hands every kind of character can be Game Breaking.
    Youth and strenght alvays lose to age and treachery.

8. - Top - End - #1448
    Troll in the Playground

I'm not even going to bother giving you an answer on that.

If you want a game focusing on fae, go play Changeling.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show
    Lore: 7.

Factors: 2.

Wealth: 5

Magic: 4

Espionage: 4

Military: 2.

Faith: 6.

9. - Top - End - #1449
    Troll in the Playground

Changeling isn't even remotely close to Exalted fae, though. Entirely different beasts.

10. - Top - End - #1450
    Troll in the Playground

Except this game line is called Exalted, not Raksha.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #1451
    Titan in the Playground

Except this game line is called Exalted, not Raksha.
    And it also has rules for mortal, god-blooded, dragon king, jadeborn and ghost characters!

Funny, that. It's almost as if the setting allows you to play several different sorts of characters, or something.
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

12. - Top - End - #1452
    Troll in the Playground

I have nothing against playing anything other than an exalted character, it just presses on a nerve when people want to cut out the effectiveness of what would arguably be the primary characters of the game.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #1453
    Titan in the Playground

Sure, but it's not fun to be playing a Raksha game and then suddenly have a Solar come over and kick over your sandcastle.

(But that's mostly a case of the ST being a ****.)
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

14. - Top - End - #1454
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yuki Akuma View Post
    And it also has rules for mortal, god-blooded, dragon king, jadeborn and ghost characters!.
    This reminds me. Would anyone be interested in a Ghost campaign? I wouldn't be running it anytime soon but I might start recruitment around mid-to-late December or early January.
    Last edited by Sanguine; 2011-11-26 at 06:24 PM.

15. - Top - End - #1455
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yuki Akuma View Post
    Sure, but it's not fun to be playing a Raksha game and then suddenly have a Solar come over and kick over your sandcastle.

Sure, but it's not fun to be playing a Solar game and then suddenly have a Raksha come over and kick over your sandcastle.

16. - Top - End - #1456
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguine View Post
    This reminds me. Would anyone be interested in a Ghost campaign? I wouldn't be running it anytime soon but I might start recruitment around mid-to-late December or early January.
    I would!! Would we be haunting Creation or mucking about in the Underworld?

17. - Top - End - #1457
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DeadManSleeping View Post
    Sure, but it's not fun to be playing a Solar game and then suddenly have a Raksha come over and kick over your sandcastle.

Or not double checking, triple checking, and quadruple checking a raksha character.

Seriously, after seeing mesch's stuff, there's no way in hell I would let a fae character into a game. At least most others have some sort of limit on what they can do.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #1458

Seriously, after seeing mesch's stuff, there's no way in hell I would let a fae character into a game. At least most others have some sort of limit on what they can do.
    Seriously, after seeing mesch's stuff, I realize that Fair Folk are just as limited as any magical splat in the game (and no, enlightened mortals don't count), while being weaker in general.

The big difference here is that the Fair Folk allow for a truly-fantastic amount of concepts and ideas to work, as opposed to a simply mind-boggling amount.

Brainwashing masses of mortals? Fair Folk can do it, but so can everything else in the game. Good luck doing the same to an Exalt - even Terrestrials can easily be made to avoid Fair Folk BS.

Deleterious Shaping effects? Once more, every splat in the game has access to it, but even mortals can resist some of the Fair Folk stuff, just by having access to iron.

Ridiculous efficiency at slaughtering masses of enemies? The only time Fair Folk are better at it is when the whole battle is just the framework of a Shaping Combat action, and even then, that's only until Lunars get into the picture.

It's fine if you don't want to use Fair Folk stuff - it really is - but there's definitely a limit on what they can do.

On an unrelated note, what are we gonna call the new thread?
    Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 2011-11-26 at 06:59 PM.
    It is inevitable, of course, that persons of epicurean refinement will in the course of eternity engage in dealings with those of... unsavory character. Record well any transactions made, and repay all favors promptly.. (Thanks to Gnomish Wanderer for the Toreador avatar! )

19. - Top - End - #1459
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
    KEEP THE INFERNAL THEME:
    General Exalted Discussion Thread VIII: Path of a Thousand Posts

20. - Top - End - #1460
    Troll in the Playground

I was thinking either "The Playground of a Thousand Whispers" or "Playground Apotheosis Shintai" (which I realize is not a generic Primordial charm, but it's a cool name nonetheless).

21. - Top - End - #1461

Quote Originally Posted by Gensh View Post
    KEEP THE INFERNAL THEME:
    General Exalted Discussion Thread VIII: Path of a Thousand Posts
    Alternatively, going with different splats...
    Playground-Fighting Principle, Cast Out Beyond Playground, Time-Sheltered Playground...

22. - Top - End - #1462
    Troll in the Playground

Alternatively, going with different splats...
    Playground-Fighting Principle, Cast Out Beyond Playground, Time-Sheltered Playground...
    Yeah, I wouldn't mind if someone else would make the next thread, actually. Then they can just put up what ever inferior non-Primordial name they wish.

23. - Top - End - #1463
    Titan in the Playground

It's exalted, on earth, in high-school.

Edit: its open to all exalt types. Except I'm full on infernals right now and have one solar slot left. I'm going to have a way to explain why there are dragon-blooded and already have an explanation for alchies.
    Wait, this game is already recruiting?

Where-is-this-thread-I-must-find-it!
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting

24. - Top - End - #1464
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xefas View Post
    Yeah, I wouldn't mind if someone else would make the next thread, actually. Then they can just put up what ever inferior non-Primordial name they wish.
    Irresistable Playground Spirit?
    Playground Seducing Demon Dance?
    Playground Thunder Hammer?
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

25. - Top - End - #1465
    Troll in the Playground

It's offsite, link is in the OP.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #1466

GnomePirate

Quote Originally Posted by DeadManSleeping View Post
    Sure, but it's not fun to be playing a Solar game and then suddenly have a Raksha come over and break It's leg over your orichalcumcastle.

Edited it a little. As far as I am concerned, Turalisj is partially right. Solars do crazy stuff in more predictable ways than Rakshas. Making them look safer to handle.
    Until You learn Third-Circle Sorcery and Wyld-Shaping, that is.

Personally I believe that Rakshas are easier to manage, since ST can punish Raksha that lacks's "style" and acts contrary to it's thematics. Or outright boring. Calcifying and little fact of whole Creation hating Your guts, instinctively.

Another factor is such that Raksha's power grows little with more charms. Starting Raksha wich specializes can very much do almost everything that more experienced one could do. Rakshas hit glass-ceiling of "Homebrew" quite early. While other Exalted, including the often stomped over Dragon-Blooded, show steady progress over the course of their career.
    Youth and strenght alvays lose to age and treachery.

27. - Top - End - #1467

Quote Originally Posted by Rikandur Azebol View Post
    While other Exalted, including the often stomped over Dragon-Blooded, show steady progress over the course of their career.
    Rather, show ridiculous progress over the course of their careers.

I still marvel at how far they really go over the course of a game.

28. - Top - End - #1468
    Troll in the Playground

Irresistable Playground Spirit?
    Playground Seducing Demon Dance?
    Playground Thunder Hammer?
    Ten-Thousand Playgrounders Post As One

29. - Top - End - #1469

Okay, wow.

No, really.

Let's go with that, can we?

30. - Top - End - #1470
    Ettin in the Playground

This gets my vote.