New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The Other Side of the Law [Pathfinder IC]

Jack tries not to roll his eyes at Fei employing her 'methods', yet again. May as well not have bothered with the disguises, not with her around. His eyes narrow at the counteroffer. "Seem to be a bit of that around here. We're listening."

2. - Top - End - #212
    Dwarf in the Playground

"It's simple really, there are three targets and a certain address I want eliminated. Anything you find you keep. I'll give 500gp per target. plus the 1400 for your items."

"No further information. Either accept and I'll give you the address, or decline and I'll give you 1100gp for your 'stuff'."
    You don't like drawn weapons? You're gonna hate what I do with it next!

3. - Top - End - #213
    Titan in the Playground

"A moment to confer?" Jack gathers the other two in a huddle away from Panamon. "Thieving is one thing, hired killing is another. Not sure I want to build our rep here as assassins. Should we talk to the others first?"

Not what I want to do. Just wanted some easy cash, street tricks and card games, not all this blood. What are we getting mixed-up in? Panamon must know who we are, no way he offers hits to people off the street. I'm sure we CAN do it, but I don't want to.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Pixie in the Playground

"Do we look stupid, or why do you think we would blindly accept an assassination contract for a mere 500 gold per head? For all we know the three targets are three different lords, and the address the palace. We won't accept any job without at least a good idea how much trouble we will get into, that's for sure."

5. - Top - End - #215
    Titan in the Playground

"This guy is good. Note to self: Purchase something that reveals more cleavage. Addendum: Find out if Panamon likes girls." Fei Yen smirks as Panamon makes sure to cover his butt in the conversation, trying not to insult anyone. "At least we're getting somewhere. Sometimes this 'disguise' approach just takes too long for my liking..." thinks the archer as she listens to the job offer.

"We're not opposed in principle to the job offer, but my compatriot is right. We need to know the operational details to we can guage whether or not the whole thing is feasible. Any promise we can give you before hand is empty, because we have give no experience and reasoning to back up our guarantee."

6. - Top - End - #216
    Dwarf in the Playground

Panamon smirks again. "I hate revealing my contacts but just to put your mind at ease, Haggard and I are friends. We go way back. I know what you did for him. If it were three lords I wanted taken out, I would hire the best. Nothing against you guys, but you are the best of the best. Not yet."

Panamon opens his desk, slowly so as not make anyone jump. He pulls out a finely rolled cigar with an exquisite smell. He cuts it, lights in and takes a puff. "The finest cigars I've ever smoked, not the most expensive, but the flavor..." Panamon extends the box offering one to each of you before putting the box back in the desk.

"Haggard has had nothing but good things to say about you. Namely that you are effective and discreet. Prove to be loyal as well, and I promise to make you rich."

Panamon takes another puff from the cigar and exhales, blowing smoke rings as he does. "The marks are three brothers. The only true risk are a few guards and that their uncle is a noble on the royal court. I would prefer to spare you what they have done... just know you will be doing the world a favor by killing them."

7. - Top - End - #217
    Pixie in the Playground

Setsu shakes his head. "1500 gold is nowhere near worth risking the wrath of an influential noble for. Even if we can do the job without being seen that still may not be enough if your grunge against those three is known."
    Last edited by Gildes; 2011-11-23 at 06:47 PM.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    perhaps a diplomacy roll to try to negotiate a better pay rate?

9. - Top - End - #219
    Pixie in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    diplomacy: (1d20+7)[15],
    though I doubt it's sufficiently negotiable. The price would have to be more like 5000 gp for Setsu to think it worth the risk

10. - Top - End - #220
    Titan in the Playground

Jack looks at the others, shaking his head. "I appreciate the offer, glad Haggard gave a glowing recommendation too, but I'm not sure that this is the kind of work we're looking for. We will, of course, keep our mouths shut. No reason not to do business, just not our forte." Hope they back me.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Titan in the Playground

"Seems like my friends want to enjoy the fruits of our last project for now instead of taking on more work. Sorry. Panamon. But...just for curiosity's sake...how long is this job offer good for? Do these people need to be taken care of...soon?"

12. - Top - End - #222
    Dwarf in the Playground

"I understand. 1200gp for your items then. If anything else comes up, I'll let you keep you guys in mind. This job will stay up until the three are dead. These three are the most vile scum I've ever met, and coming from me that is saying something. I will make no profit in seeing their demise. It is about principle. The offer will be here until someone else takes it. It's that simple."

13. - Top - End - #223
    Pixie in the Playground

"Do you have wands available? How about we sell for 600 gold and a basic healing wand?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    diplomacy: (1d20+7)[15]
    Last edited by Gildes; 2011-11-25 at 06:40 AM.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Barbarian in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Yawning, Lox stretches, then hops out of bed after a deep sleep. Puttering around, the half-elf tends to his odd assortment of plants and fungi, in a box on the windowsill as well as the odd corners of the closet.

The sun already at its zenith, Lox finally gathers his gear, including his recent pay.

Touring the market, Lox picks out a plant here and there, gathering ingredients for several potions, a basic Drow Sleep Poison as well as Oil of Taggit (55gp), being careful not to purchase any ingredients at any one location.

Finished with his errands, Lox wanders around to where he expects the others of his group to end up, keeping an eye out for his buxom friend, as the others liked to adopt confusing disguises.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGirl

Cobble grunts, "Well. If yous are sure we shouldn't take the job. Money's money, an' it somethin' we're good at. Probably wouldn't hurt our reputation none either."

16. - Top - End - #226
    Titan in the Playground

Jack

Jack studies the man as he thinks to himself, Do a bit of research on my own, find out how bad these three are. If he's playing us straight, then maybe we can take him up.