New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2338394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 1483
  1. - Top - End - #1411
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XXXVIII: Nopony Expects Sponish Pinquisition!

I do wonder where Dash gets the materials to make a wonder-palace for herself with a government job.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

2. - Top - End - #1412
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    I do wonder where Dash gets the materials to make a wonder-palace for herself with a government job.
    It fell off a truck.
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

3. - Top - End - #1413

And Twilight was getting close... too close. She needed the help of a mailmare in the system to make her forget. Had to sacrifice a new piano among other things though.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

4. - Top - End - #1414

The government job just makes it easier. She does have a whole lot of pegasi in the weather department who worship her...

...So, naturally, they can simply tell her when they've got enough rain for the year and she can take the surplus clouds for her palace! Nothing suspicious going on here, nope! What's that? Why, of course Appleoosia's supposed to be a rainless desert wasteland! It says it right here in the, uh, files!
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterwind View Post
    Mewtarthio, you have scared my brain into hiding, a trembling, broken shadow of a thing, cowering somewhere in the soothing darkness and singing nursery rhymes in the hope of obscuring the Lovecraftian facts you so boldly brought into daylight.

5. - Top - End - #1415
    Troll in the Playground

And Twilight was getting close... too close. She needed the help of a mailmare in the system to make her forget. Had to sacrifice a new piano among other things though.
    ... so. First pony fanon creation of 2012: the Pegasus Mafia.
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

6. - Top - End - #1416
    Colossus in the Playground

Well... damn. That was amazing. Here I thought I'd never care for shipfic, but you wrote all the characters so well (Fluttershy feels a little bit off, I think) it nearly brought tears to my eyes.
    I am glad you liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    I'm glad I dropped out of our pony competition death match, or else I'd be jealous.

... what's a pony fiction vault?
    We'll enter another death match someday, sooner or later, and I want to build up as big a lead as I can for when that happens.

And the Vault is where a guy collects, archives, ebooks and PDFs the best/most influential fics in the fandom along with interviews of the authors. The Old Stories also got up there a few months ago.

Almost canon, given the Pegasus Ponies' background in blackmailing earth ponies from Hearth's Warming.
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2012-03-04 at 11:43 PM.

7. - Top - End - #1417

J. Edgar Blueblood, head of the EBI: The apples were taken down years ago and there's no evidence of organized Pegasus crime. There are no mafias.
    Last edited by MCerberus; 2012-03-04 at 11:45 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #1418
    Ettin in the Playground

So, any ideas on what to call thread XXIX?

Thirty nine and feelin-fine?

9. - Top - End - #1419

My Little Pony XXXVIII: Pony Season! FIRE!
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #1420

"Say there, those are some nice fields you got there. Shame if something blew in from the Everfree and hit this place without warning. "

My Little Pony XXXVIII:Alive and Bucking.
    Last edited by Pokonic; 2012-03-04 at 11:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

11. - Top - End - #1421

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    So, any ideas on what to call thread XXIX?

Thirty nine and feelin-fine?
    Haven't we established by this point that our suggestions are useless? Let's continue discussion about Rainbow Soprano instead and save ourselves three pages of the thread.

And on that note, Rainbow Soprano is such a catchy name I find myself wanting to write that story. How would the plot go?

12. - Top - End - #1422
    Troll in the Playground

how about "mlp XXIX: there is no pegasus mafia"

or "mlpXXIX: thanqol, stop being so awesome... i mean it -,-"

such a story would have her as the secret and reluctant head of the crime ring. meeting out mob justice with storms or droughts, but coming to redemption through the love of (insert ship here. im thinking AJ given that she's a farmer and thus directly impacted by RD's actions). eventually being gunned magic-ed down because no one leaves the pegasus mafia (which doesnt exist).
    Last edited by thubby; 2012-03-05 at 12:01 AM.
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

13. - Top - End - #1423
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by thubby View Post
    how about "mlp XXIX: there is no pegasus mafia"

such a story would have her as the secret and reluctant head of the crime ring. meeting out mob justice with storms or droughts, but coming to redemption through the love of (insert ship here. im thinking AJ given that she's a farmer and thus directly impacted by RD's actions). eventually being gunned magic-ed down because no one leaves the pegasus mafia (which doesnt exist).
    And by attempting to leave that which does not exist, they create a paradox and the physics police have to ride in to save the day... which involves shooting the pony trying to leave the pegasus mafia.

14. - Top - End - #1424

Quote Originally Posted by thubby View Post
    I would like to change my objection to discussing thread titles to endorsement of discussing this one.

such a story would have her as the secret and reluctant head of the crime ring. meeting out mob justice with storms or droughts, but coming to redemption through the love of (insert ship here. im thinking AJ given that she's a farmer and thus directly impacted by RD's actions). eventually being gunned down because no one leaves the pegasus mafia (which doesnt exist).
    *Purrs* Wonderrrrrful.

Ooo, I know exactly how I'd do this if I wound up doing it.

I might well wind up doing it. I've been wanting something to work on while I think through Easy as Lying.

Hmmm

*Dramatically throws his notes aside in the middle of class, begins planning pony fanfiction*

15. - Top - End - #1425

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    And on that note, Rainbow Soprano is such a catchy name I find myself wanting to write that story. How would the plot go?
    Rainbow is actualy a Mafia Princess, Gilda was/is the heir of the rival griffon mob, and Apple's and Tiaras alike are forced to stay out of the thing. Unfortunatly, a certient unnamed Unicorn who's name starts with F and whose name ends in Pants wishes to deal with all of them in a way that none of them could become more powerful anytime soon, and as such cashes a favor in on a aquantence of his to make sure to keep Rainbow out of trouble without her being aware of any trouble at all : Rarity.

EDIT: Gah, my chance of twisting Thanqols mind to imitate my own was too late!
    Last edited by Pokonic; 2012-03-05 at 12:09 AM.
    Show

16. - Top - End - #1426
    Troll in the Playground

Or... tie it in to two of my favorite characters from Season 2.

"I'm Flim!"
    "I'm Flam!"
    "And we're here for our protection money!"

Mayor: You're the chief of police, officer Barbrony! (South Park reference) Do something!

Officer Barbrony: Aw, but the singing's so catchy!
    Last edited by darthbobcat; 2012-03-05 at 12:11 AM.

17. - Top - End - #1427

The Unicorn Legiment Businessmare's Club?

"The Ursa situation that my darling Trixie has been linked to was far overblown. Those fools down in Mareipony think they have any right to be putting there nuzzles into my personal life! And yes, mister Orange, that many zeros will be added to your funds once you testify against Mr. Apple and his wife in court. Thank you for your time.

And today, freinds, our main topic is the distribution of rock salt by that new Donkey gang from Stalliongrade..."
    Last edited by Pokonic; 2012-03-05 at 12:21 AM.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #1428

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    EDIT: Gah, my chance of twisting Thanqols mind to imitate my own was too late!
    It's not. I'm still harvesting ideas and thinking. It has to be written as a comedy, though, the premise is too absurd for anything other.

Or... tie it in to two of my favorite characters from Season 2.

"I'm Flim!"
    "I'm Flam!"
    "And we're here for our protection money!"

Mayor: You're the chief of police, officer Barbrony! (South Park reference) Do something!

Officer Barbrony: Aw, but the singing's so catchy!
    "Why I'm glad you brought that up, granny, I say I'm glad you brought that up,
    You see we're very picky about our payment dates, if you'll kindly cough it up,"

"Yes, sir, yes ma'am this old crowbar it's just the very best
    So whaddaya say then, Apples,
    Are you going to pay up what you owe
    Or put the patience of the Flim Flam Family to the test?"

19. - Top - End - #1429
    Troll in the Playground

(sung)
    Flim: Well it seems we have problem
    Flam:Sure we do!
    Flim: Which starts with a p, which rhymes with C, which rhymes with cement!
    Flam: Yes indeed! We're makin' these shoes, and everypony knows we're the best.
    Flim: You tell 'em bro!
    Flam: Sized individual, and they'll certainly help you rest!
    Flim: Hallelujah! We got us a failure to communicate, but if you don't talk to the cops you can change your fate!

20. - Top - End - #1430

You fellas messed up this time. Aint nopony around here to see how we handle threats. We can handle it real quiet-like. Mac.

Eyup?

Think 'bloom is ready for a second round at the family business.

Eyup.

*Applebloom shows up weilding a bat*
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #1431

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Interesting. If I recall reactions correctly, two unpopulars and a neutral.
    I liked Hearth Warming Eve. Not one of my top favorites, to be sure, but it was fun to watch.

I'm still on the fence about Putting Your Hoof Down. It had a good message overall, although I'm wondering what I think of Fluttershy afterwards. Good for you to stand up for yourself at the end, girl, but that was certainly one heck of a "crazy" moment.

I'll agree to that. Applejack, like all of the characters in this series, exemplifies the sin of pride. I just think it would have been a stronger episode... without everyone else there. Let US see her failure. Let HER realize, through some object lesson after she went to the cherry orchard, that she's being stupid and her family will love her either way. Let Applejack be Applejack, is what I'm getting at.
    I have to agree. I really liked Last Roundup and thought it did a very good job of showing off Applejack... it's just that Pinkie (and for the bronies, Derpy) really stole the spotlight too much from her.

Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek View Post
    So, not to take away from the season discussion (which, ah, I kinda have to strenuously disagree with a lot of the negativity about the season, to be completely frank, but that's not what I'm here to talk about), everypony should know the real life news at the moment:

I've moved. I've moved away from my old place, to a place that's actually in the city, just down the road from where I work. It's about a 15-30ish minute bus ride, rather than a 2 1/2 hour extravaganza of horribleness, and the buses run all night. So, life should be a /little/ easier for me. ^^
    I know that I haven't been following what's been happening in your life, but congratulations on the new place! Shall we throw you a welcome party?

Heh. I've never hated Twilight, I've always just liked her the least. Key difference. Though, given that Season Zero was the last episode focused on her (correct me if I'm wrong, I can't think of any), it occurs to me as a mixed bag. On the one hand, if you loved Season Zero and you want more Twilight... sorry, no more of the same! On the other hand, if you disliked Season Zero... good news, she's becoming a minor character! No more crazy Twilight!

Also, my B-Day is actually March 11, so one week from today.
    Luna Eclipsed was just as much about Twilight figuring out everyone's attitudes during Nightmare Night as it was about Luna doing the same, so there is that.

Also, happy future birthday!
    There are no bad ideas, just bad execution.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you to zimmerwald1915 for the Gustave avatar.
    The full set is here.

Air Raccoon avatar provided by Ceika
    from the Request an OotS Style Avatar thread

A big thanks to PrinceAquilaDei for the gryphon avatar!
    original image

22. - Top - End - #1432

(picked up from dathbobcats post)
    What do you think, folks? Do you want to know what happens next? I see it clear as day! I know the Tiaras know! So does the Oranges! C'mon Ponyville, you know whats in store for them!We're saying you've got a small window of oppertunity,for this very community.

He's Flim, he's Flam
    We're the world famous Flim Flam Family
    Legiment Businessponies's all the wayyyy.
    Last edited by Pokonic; 2012-03-05 at 12:35 AM.
    Show

23. - Top - End - #1433
    Troll in the Playground

And then Flim and Flam escape on the Monorail they sold Ponyville.

Monorail! Monorail! Mono... D'OH!

24. - Top - End - #1434

And then Flim and Flam escape on the Monorail they sold Ponyville.

Monorail! Monorail! Mono... D'OH!
    Only to notice the entire thing is staffed with very upset Apploosa stallions. With baseball bats.
    Show

25. - Top - End - #1435

(sung)
    Flim: Well it seems we have problem
    Flam:Sure we do!
    Flim: Which starts with a p, which rhymes with C, which rhymes with cement!
    Flam: Yes indeed! We're makin' these shoes, and everypony knows we're the best.
    Flim: You tell 'em bro!
    Flam: Sized individual, and they'll certainly help you rest!
    Flim: Hallelujah! We got us a failure to communicate, but if you don't talk to the cops you can change your fate!
    [Flim]
    I suppose by now you're wondering 'bout our peculiar mode of violence

[Flam]
    I say, our mode of brutalization~

[Flim]
    And don't you suppose by now I'm wondering, where is our borrowed money?

[Flam]
    Any horse can take a debt and any pony can lose a game

[Flim]
    But my brother and I have a legitimate business to run
    And to survive we sing soft and carry a great big gun

[Flim and Flam]
    And that's mob brutality~
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2012-03-05 at 12:38 AM.

26. - Top - End - #1436
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    Only to notice the entire thing is staffed with very upset Apploosa stallions. With baseball bats.
    Flam: Well, here we are, safe on the monorail to Appleoosa.
    Flim: Appleoosa... where have I heard that name before.

(long pause)

Flim and Flam: Oh no. Oh no. OH NO! (hug each other as the monorail pulls in to a ruined, post apocalyptic looking Appleoosa. A sign is visible: "Visit the Appleoosa Monorail Cafe!")

27. - Top - End - #1437

There's a surprisingly low amount of pony showtunes floating around. (pony ALL the showtunes)
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #1438

Flam: Well, here we are, safe on the monorail to Appleoosa.
    Flim: Appleoosa... where have I heard that name before.

(long pause)

Flim and Flam: Oh no. Oh no. OH NO! (hug each other as the monorail pulls in to a ruined, post apocalyptic looking Appleoosa. A sign is visible: "Visit the Appleoosa Monorail Cafe!")
    [Big Buffalo] So, these are the guys who you need dealing with, Braeburn?

[Braeburn] Yep, and going from what my little Strongheart says they'er the same set of twins who made off with profits from the casino and never paid back.

[ Big buffalo] How about I take the one with the 'stash and you deal with the girly one?
    Show

29. - Top - End - #1439
    Troll in the Playground

Moral of the story: never take a pair of cement shoes into a piefight.

30. - Top - End - #1440

Moral of the story: never take a pair of cement shoes into a piefight.
    And that while Earth Ponies might have issues with controling organised crime, the Buffalo Casinos always get the money they want. Always.
    Show