Page 11 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation: Vicious Betrayals

Quote Originally Posted by planswalker View Post
    Voimond - the back of the Moon

"I would stay and watch what you do."
    Sephyrdiam- Turbulent Annoyances Subsided

"I do not doubt that you would want to, but I have not the strength to create something like this just yet. I must also find a suitable place within the Twilight Forest to craft this body of water, and ensure all things living evacuate the area before I let my power loose. It will take some time, but I will notify you when I am ready to make my move."
    Last edited by TechnOkami; 2012-03-06 at 04:13 PM.
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Ogre in the Playground

Woods Onari, Kobold Contact
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerter View Post
    Looking slightly irritated, the Kobolt says, "To speak to someone in charge perhaps?"
    That would be Gladeberry Moonshadow, our matron. You'll find her just over there.

He points through the trees to the next clearing. Just in sight is what remains of a tree carved into a large chair, a woman dressed, such that it can be called dressed, in flowers and leaves and the odd animal skin. Six even less dressed males and two females lay about her, apparently insensate from too much mania berry jam. Gladeberry Moonshadow seems alert but lost in thought.

Aquatic Onari, Kobold Contact
    "We knew of your presence in the Ocean, we did not know what waters you called home. As you can see we are not an armed group, we did not come seeking conflict, we merely came with numbers to ensure we would found what we were looking for it was to be found at all."
    A different Onari speaks up, So, you were spying on us. How else would you know of us or where we live? Darmathen, I suggest we promptly eliminate the invaders.

Desert Onari, Kobold Contact
    "We mean you no harm. We merely sought to make contact in order to promote peace and good relationships between our people."
    They lower their hunting spears toward the kobolds, Whom do you serve?

Onari, Kobold Contact
    "Several Kobolds to serve your leaders as they please. A gift of culture in its purest form!"
    Disgusting. We don't trade in slaves. If you wish to speak to our queen, then you must bring tribute appropriate to her great beauty and majesty. Only then will we consider opening trade with you.
    Homebrewer's extended signature

Trophies and Awards
    Spoiler
    Show
    Click an award to see the entry.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Ettin in the Playground

Addaz finally finishes molding the clouds. The body looks like a smaller version of him, different in many subtle ways, and it had gained his coloring in the time when the Kobolds had arrived. There was only one step left in the process. Addaz pulled a peice of the divine spark from his chest, and placed it into the body. Tharin. Your time has come. Wake.
    Spoiler
    Show
    No actual AP spending, just giving one of the other players a fluffy entrance to the game.
    LGBTA+itP

4. - Top - End - #304
    Barbarian in the Playground

A day in the life of a slave

Finally, this day is over... can't they pull faster? My claw.... Don't think of the pain, don't think of the pain, don't think of the pain. Pain is just weakness leaving the body. Pain leads to fear. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to the dark sight. And I am scared of the dark. Aha, finally, we're up! Yes, I'll fall in line... dinner, at last... WHAT!?! Just one finger today? At least 20 Kobolds dropped to their death. O well, I guess I'll suck on a rock again for some valuable nutritions, assuming I'm lucky enough to find one...

Time for bed. I gotta hurry up, Qauetzol and Yiff`ar are the warmest... yes! Got my spot. Nice and warm inbetween my best buddies. And auch, what is that stabbing feeling in my back? Ow. I bet it's a rock! I don't want to get up though, if someone takes my spot I'll have to sleep at the edges. I guess I'll just sleep on the rock tonight. If I sleep at all, I'm so afraid this claw gets infected...

What did my mother used to say when I hallucinated about her after they had not given me anything to eat or drink for a week?

I must not fear.
    Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
    Only I will remain.

Ow man. I really thought I had a mom for a moment, that was so great. Almost worth having three of my teeth rot away. You know what, I do really need those nutritions, maybe I can sneakily get the rock, I just have to get up and grab it real fast... that should be no prob- FUDGENUTTINGS. Aw man, I hate that new kid. If my claw was not rotting away I would slice his troat. I guess I sleep alone tonight... But at least you'll be there to keep me company mister rock, yes you will, yes you will!
    Last edited by Zerter; 2012-03-06 at 11:30 AM.

5. - Top - End - #305

Quote Originally Posted by Eldest View Post
    Addaz finally finishes molding the clouds. The body looks like a smaller version of him, different in many subtle ways, and it had gained his coloring in the time when the Kobolds had arrived. There was only one step left in the process. Addaz pulled a peice of the divine spark from his chest, and placed it into the body. Tharin. Your time has come. Wake.
    Spoiler
    Show
    No actual AP spending, just giving one of the other players a fluffy entrance to the game.

Tharin opens his eyes slowly, glancing around and taking in his surroundings. He looks down at himself, poking and prodding at his new form for some time before finally resting his gaze on the tall god standing before him. "I... Hello?" He says in confusion.

6. - Top - End - #306

N'aktar sees his Kobolds go to every corner of the world and feels something for the first time. It is a warm, fuzzy feeling in his stomach that won't go away, he hope he does not have the flu...

To further promote his own objects and that of his people he formally adopts the Kobold race and will hencefort be officially known as the Kobold God. He also creates or instructs the creation of the Underground, Desert and Forest Kobold.

The Underground Kobold is lead by a Kaj (the fourth) and live underground. They are capable of burrowing and breathing in the ground and are resistant to fire.

The Forest Kobold are a relatively harmless type of Kobold that is meant to populate the many forests encountered by the diplomats and give its inhabitants a false sense of what the Kobold race is all about as they are quite pleasant.

The Desert Kobold is a warlike, nomadic type of Kobold that specializes in ambushes and traps and is adapted to the heat and dryness. They were made because N'aktar does not care for the Onari domination of the desert, the people he now sees as the chief competition to the Kobold.

Spoiler
    Show
    One AP left from last week. Two AP gained. One PAP gained.

AP(2 = 4 - 2(Beget deity))awaiting approval, but I figured I'd spend the AP already.

AP(3 = 4 - 1(Gain Portfolio Element))Kobold
    AP(3 = 3 - 0(Create subrace: Underground Kobolds))[use of Dragon & The Egg]
    AP(3 = 3 - 0(Create subrace: Desert Kobolds))[use of greed domain)
    AP(3 = 3 - 0(Create subrace: Forest Kobold))[use of barter domain)
    Last edited by Zerter; 2012-03-06 at 03:29 PM.

7. - Top - End - #307
    Ogre in the Playground

Agone and Akna, the Moon
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm so sorry! I didn't see this post to me until I was going back through the thread. I didn't mean to ignore it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gourtox View Post
    Agone and Akna

Dear goddess, what are these fine things you have created? The splendid beauty of life and creation radiates from them and yourself. Who are you dear goddess?" Curious eyes observe her, trying to find out that which she is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gourtox View Post
    Agone, the Moon

"Partially. If I may ask who are you and your sibling?"
    Hello there. I think you tried to contact me recently, but I've just been so busy that I haven't had time to answer everyone who has tried to contact me.

Quote Originally Posted by TsukikoJ View Post
    Gazardiel, The Moon
    Spoiler
    Show

Slightly unnerved, the godling inspects the creepy girl. "Lord? Nay, sister, call me Gazardiel. Come Mask Girl! Bear witness to the creation of my children."

The angel god moves to a point on the moon that looks on the mortal plane, beckoning for the girl to follow him. Before her eyes, he shapes his creations. "They will be the Children of the Moon - Lunaeri - born as the children of both light and darkness but also of beauty. They will bring beauty and joy to the world of mortals in my name." He gathers a small amount of the moon's essence and adds it to the forms before breathing life into them and placing them on the mortal plane.

The Lunaeri are of a form similar to their angel god - they have pale skin, silvery hair and eyes, and even the oldest of the moon children appear as young adults in the eyes of other mortals. The light of the moon is a part of their essence, and they are drawn to it, spending most of their waking hours under the light of the moon.

Gazardiel stands next to the Masked Girl, watching the slender, silvery forms of his newborn children as they wonder at the world around them and the moon above them. "Aren't they magnificent? They will grow to understand the importance of beauty and the balance of light and shadow. It is important that they are looked after. Right Auntie Masked Girl?" the Eternal Youth jokes, nudging the creepy girl.
    Suddenly, Akna spots the Lunaeri created by her son. Snatching one up in her arms, she squeezes it close to her.

So cute! I'm so proud of you Gaz! Of course, you'll let your mother have one, right?

She holds the Lunaeri she picked up out at arm's length to look him over.

I'm going to name you Geno.
    Last edited by Jeriah; 2012-03-06 at 01:43 PM.

Trophies and Awards
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #308
    Titan in the Playground

Alorn, the Void

The just Blade watched the developments on the material with interest, gladdened by the peaceful contact between the creations. "They seem to get along better than the powers, for the most part. Yet that will not last. Already the races grow and spread. Soon there will be conflict. And with conflict, the chance for great honor. They mortals will need guidance, teachers. I will make a lawgiver, one to gather all those willing and teach them, give them the means to do battle and the restraint to only do so when needed."

He forms a helm out of the white fire surrounding his blade. It coalesces into shining metal, the faceplate a mirror, as his own. "Go, find one worthy. A great warrior, just and upright in all his ways. He will be my emissary to the peoples."

The helm falls to the ground, streaking white fire as it goes. A young human warrior finds the helmet as he readies himself to stand against the final attack of bandits against his tiny village. He can barely walk, much less fight, but he holds his spear and prepares himself to charge. A voice echoes in his mind. You are worthy.

Claiming the helm, he is bathed in light. His wounds are healed and his foes flee before him.

Spoiler
    Show
    3 AP = 0+ 3 (2 from rollover +1 PAP)
    1 AP = 3 - 2 (create avatar 3 - 1 law domain (emissary to be a lawgiver and teacher))

using the avatar as a mechanism to influence the world more directly. He will create organizations and classes directly and be the link to teach concepts.

9. - Top - End - #309

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Shmee View Post
    Creepy Masked Girl, the Moon

"We do not share the same blood. Nor do I have a name further than that which you may wish to bestow upon me. Thus if you want to name me "sister" then I shall obey your will Gazardiel..."

As her new-found "brother" beckoned her to join him, the Creepy Masked Girl floats along obediently. She watches, the mask remaining expressionless as Gazardiel creates the Lunaeri.

All of a sudden Gazardiel nudges her, sending the Creepy Masked girl crashing unceremoniously on the ground, despite the fact that he hadn't really nudged her that hard, a measure of just how frail the little girl was compared to the deity.

The mask picks up the girl's body until it is floating by Gazardiel. If she was insulted by the nudge, she showed absolutely no sign of it.

"If you say that your Lunaeri are magnificent... then I agree that they are truly magnificent Gazardiel. It is as you wish."

Turning to the deity, she continues to talk in her monotonous voice

"Are you suggesting I watch over your creation? Unlike you, I can access them directly..."

Gazardiel, The Moon

"Oof. The nudge was intended to be a playful sign of affection. I did not realize it would knock you off your feet - I apologize," says Gazardiel, offering the girl a hand before the mask stands her back up on its own.

"If the need arises, it would make me happy knowing that there are other friendly eyes watching over the Lunaeri. I only propose that those of us who share a common thread, as you and I do, look out for each other."

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeriah View Post
    Suddenly, Akna spots the Lunaeri created by her son. Snatching one up in her arms, she squeezes it close to her.

So cute! I'm so proud of you Gaz! Of course, you'll let your mother have one, right?

She holds the Lunaeri she picked up out at arm's length to look him over.

I'm going to name you Geno.

Gazardiel turns towards his mother with a grin on his face. "Mother! I am happy to know that the Lunaeri are pleasing to you. You are welcome to Geno. I trust that you will do what you can to keep my child safe and pure."

He looks towards the Lunaeri on earth. "The other races are interacting with one another, but the Lunaeri seem late to the party. Perhaps it's about time that my children meet yours, mother. I'm sure it would be good for them to learn to domesticate nature the way the Onari do. They have much to learn."
    Total War Stats:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Celestial Empire
    Spoiler
    Show
    MIL:+++++ +++-
    ECO:+++++ +++++ +++++ +++++
    MOR:+++++ ++-
    ESPD:+++++ +++++ +++++ ++
    ESPO:+++++ +++++ +++-
    WO:+++++ +

Gobotopia
    Spoiler
    Show
    ADV:++
    ECO:+++++ +++++ +++++ +++++ +++++ +++-
    ESP:+
    LOY:+++++ +++++ ++
    MAG:+++++ +++++ +++++
    MIL:+++++ +++++ +++++
    REP:+++++ +++++ +
    STA:+++++ +++++ +
    Lost Woods: ++

Greater Egypt
    Spoiler
    Show
    MIL:++
    ESP:++
    ECO:++++
    RES: ++
    MOR:+++++ ++
    WO:+++++
    REP: +++

10. - Top - End - #310
    Orc in the Playground

Nothingness given form by the first.

No peoples to conceive of me. They aren't ready.

The first races created, new gods, new concepts springing into existence.

Not ready.

Then: a sudden surge, one man, one idea, a spark in the back of his mind.

Ready.

It only took a simple thought. "What if." What if instead of these small huts and wooden walls we lived in grand sprawling places with beautiful sights and shining white streets.

An idea begins to form. An idea is made manifest.

Heimvard awakens in the void overlooking the world. He marvels at the gyroscope burning red, the moon in its silvery glory. He looks down on the world and sees his reason for being, why he was formed.

An idea.

He looks out over the world and sees its peoples, living in hovels and wooden huts. The idea is there, in the back of their minds, but it is but an idea, no true form has been given yet.

He speaks his first words rumbling through the void: There will be a people, the first to answer the call of cities, answer the call of stone. It is only fitting that they be made from the same stone. He raises his free hand and suddenly mountains start breaking through the soil, glimmering of rubies and silver. Let this be their home Heimvard solemnly states as part of the mountains start falling again, leaving a valley enclosed by mountains with a single river coursing through forming a largish lake and continuing through the only opening, a pass about 150 feet wide. and this be the place where they build the Vardheim, the first city of the world. He sighs and lowers his arm as a single mountain bordering the valley starts raising upward, forming mesa's which will soon be the levels of the city, until it is about twice as large as the other mountains.

For just a moment Heimvard looks at his creation, a mountain range splitting the lands with a good many rivers flowing from it towards the ocean. Looking pleased he turns his attention to the valley saying one simple word: Live. and as he commands the stones of the mountain start to grow, their form becoming stocky and broad, stable and seemingly immutable like the mountains. Veins of silver and red cross their ashen grey faces and bodies and their eyes look like gems of obsidian, ruby or diamond.

As they stood first in the light of the gyroscope, marveling at the world around them Heimvard started to speak to them and each of them raised their heads to look up at the peak of the highest mountain, where his voice seemed to come from. Children, I am Heimvard, Ward of Cities, your Father. To you, my people I have given these mountains and all the riches in them. To you, my people I give this, the spark of my divine essence, that what I most stand for."

The eyes of his people start shining as the visions of grand cities and glorious palaces are revealed to them, suddenly they understand what their task will be in the world. To build sprawling metropolises and beautiful cities as a testament to their father and maker.

Go now my children, my Vardr, and build your city Vardheim on this mountain. As long as you stand true in its defense you have my blessing and the promise that the first city shall never fall. Go now my Vardr and sent emissaries to those who would receive you to offer them to share in your blessings. But most of all go to the humans, for of all the other races in them I see the most potential and after you I do favor them the most.

Spoiler
    Show
    Burn ALL the AP's:
    AP(6 = 6 - 0 (Planning; Mold land: create a mountain range and in that same range the valley where the Vardr'll originate.))
    AP(4 = 6 - 2 (Create Race: Vardr))
    AP(2 = 4 - 2 (Create Concept: cities (marshal and noble classes))
    AP(2 = 4 - 0 (Free teach of cities to the Vardr)

Spoiler
    Show
    On the Vardr:
    The Vardr (singular Vard) are a race of Elementals native to the Prime Material for they sprung from solid rock. While this gives them the benefits of an outsider, longevity (they will probably outlast a human by at least 2-3 spans before "joining with the mountain") and losing the need (but not the capability) to sleep, eat, or breathe. Their souls on the other hand are one with their body and as a Vard dies it turns into a statue which slowly erodes (called becoming one with the mountain in Vardr culture) and can not be revived by any magic but that of the gods. They also reproduce slowly and have most of the traits of earth elementals making them fairly stubborn, but the most loyal allies imaginable.

11. - Top - End - #311
    Ogre in the Playground

The Lonely Angel matured more slowly than her brother, but all things obey the laws of time. She stood and unfurled her wings, and looked all around creation, and through time. And sighed, as everything was in its place, and time was flowing in the right direction.
    "Is mise tusa... Is tusa mise... Ón bhfarraige d'anam, tháinig mé..."
    お前 が 信じる, お前 を 信じろ
    A scientist never needs a reason to set something on fire.
    The only thing that exists is the way people relate, interact and affect each other, and how that expands throughout the world. There should never be an end to a tale.

12. - Top - End - #312
    Ogre in the Playground

Akna, Gazardiel, and Angel, The Moon
    Gazardiel turns towards his mother with a grin on his face. "Mother! I am happy to know that the Lunaeri are pleasing to you. You are welcome to Geno. I trust that you will do what you can to keep my child safe and pure."

He looks towards the Lunaeri on earth. "The other races are interacting with one another, but the Lunaeri seem late to the party. Perhaps it's about time that my children meet yours, mother. I'm sure it would be good for them to learn to domesticate nature the way the Onari do. They have much to learn."
    Yes, thank you. Send them to my firstborn Onari who already value beauty above nearly all else. You see, it was that which inspired you. It would be good if they could learn from you to become even more grand and more beautiful as they should be. In return, I am sure you and your offspring will learn much from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Q'telun View Post
    The Lonely Angel matured more slowly than her brother, but all things obey the laws of time. She stood and unfurled her wings, and looked all around creation, and through time. And sighed, as everything was in its place, and time was flowing in the right direction.
    Turning to her daughter, Akna runs a hand through her hair and down her cheek.

Ah, my beloved daughter, I am overjoyed that you have finally awoken.

2The High Onari

With the coming of the kobolds, the Onari realized that they were not alone in the world, and the other might not be as noble or kind-hearted as they themselves. Drawing together into a tighter community, the Onari built stone and earthen walls around their village of stone huts, that was surrounded by their ever growing farm lands. They began to craft weapons of bronze for defense, spears and axes, and metal tools of many kinds. Soon, the village of Yatel grew to become the Onari's first city.

Spoiler
    Show
    AP 0 = 0 - 0(Teach Populace: The High Onari learn to build Cities, using Life domain) - 0(Teach Populace: Metalworking, using Onari domain)
    Domain Actions: Life, Plant, Onari
    Porfolio Actions: Onari-kind
    Last edited by Jeriah; 2012-03-06 at 08:59 PM.

Trophies and Awards
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #313
    Ogre in the Playground

The Angel inclines her head towards Akna "Thank you mother, its nice to see everything from my actual height, rather than what I am. Was. Will be. Agh, tenses are hard."
    "Is mise tusa... Is tusa mise... Ón bhfarraige d'anam, tháinig mé..."
    お前 が 信じる, お前 を 信じろ
    A scientist never needs a reason to set something on fire.
    The only thing that exists is the way people relate, interact and affect each other, and how that expands throughout the world. There should never be an end to a tale.

14. - Top - End - #314
    Ogre in the Playground

It's okay, little one. You'll grow used to things in time, or shape them to fit you.

Trophies and Awards
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #315
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TechnOkami View Post
    Sephyrdiam- Turbulent Annoyances Subsided

"I do not doubt that you would want to, but I have not the strength to create something like this just yet. I must also find a suitable place within the Twilight Forest to craft this body of water, and ensure all things living evacuate the area before I let my power loose. It will take some time, but I will notify you when I am ready to make my move."
    "I am glad to see that the impact of your powers is something you consider before acting. Please do invite me to watch when you do."

With that, Voimond will depart, and enter the heart of the moon. If anyone wishes to know what he is doing there, they will have to enter themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

16. - Top - End - #316
    Titan in the Playground

Finally, this day is over... can't they pull faster? My claw.... Don't think of the pain, don't think of the pain, don't think of the pain. Pain is just weakness leaving the body. Pain leads to fear. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to the dark sight. And I am scared of the dark. Aha, finally, we're up! Yes, I'll fall in line... dinner, at last... WHAT!?! Just one finger today? At least 20 Kobolds dropped to their death. O well, I guess I'll suck on a rock again for some valuable nutritions, assuming I'm lucky enough to find one...

Time for bed. I gotta hurry up, Qauetzol and Yiff`ar are the warmest... yes! Got my spot. Nice and warm inbetween my best buddies. And auch, what is that stabbing feeling in my back? Ow. I bet it's a rock! I don't want to get up though, if someone takes my spot I'll have to sleep at the edges. I guess I'll just sleep on the rock tonight. If I sleep at all, I'm so afraid this claw gets infected...

What did my mother used to say when I hallucinated about her after they had not given me anything to eat or drink for a week?

I must not fear.
    Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
    Only I will remain.

Ow man. I really thought I had a mom for a moment, that was so great. Almost worth having three of my teeth rot away. You know what, I do really need those nutritions, maybe I can sneakily get the rock, I just have to get up and grab it real fast... that should be no prob- FUDGENUTTINGS. Aw man, I hate that new kid. If my claw was not rotting away I would slice his troat. I guess I sleep alone tonight... But at least you'll be there to keep me company mister rock, yes you will, yes you will!
    When he turns to sleep, another kobold is sitting in his spot, a kobold with pale brown skin and a strange gleam in his eye, a kobold who appears to be quite... healthy. With a smirk, the kobold says to him, "Do you want to get out of here?"
    Spoiler: Links to my content threads
    Show
    Aldhaven - May 27, 2010 and ongoing.
    Aldhaven Rules and Homebrew (aldhaven.com)

Character Repository
    Homebrew List
    Quod tibi vis fieri, facias.

17. - Top - End - #317
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny of Faith View Post
    Tharin opens his eyes slowly, glancing around and taking in his surroundings. He looks down at himself, poking and prodding at his new form for some time before finally resting his gaze on the tall god standing before him. "I... Hello?" He says in confusion.
    Welcome to the world. I am Addaz. I created you. Come, let me show you Creation. And Addaz did.
    LGBTA+itP

18. - Top - End - #318

Tharin looks around, his mind restless as he takes in all that creation is.

"Hmm... I know little of this place. Others have already taken part in shaping in it, though, so I think that I shall begin to do the same."

He stops himself in the sky, gathering up clouds in an instant around himself, and begins to imbue them with the energy that his newly created form seems to have a boundless supply of.

"This! This shall be my first act in this place." He says in satisfaction, casting the storm clouds away from his figure and to spread across the world. He laughs in glee as he watches lightning shoot down from the skies towards the world below. On a whim, he grabs out, taking the first of these bolts of lightning, and holds it in his hands. Gently, he compresses it until it is thin, and barely two feet long."I think that I will keep this first one, to aid me in the future!"

Spoiler
    Show

AP 3 = 6-0(Intervene, Storm Clouds, Domain Action)-3(Utility Artifact: The First Lightning Bolt)
    Domain Actions: Storm, Peace
    Last edited by Bunny of Faith; 2012-03-06 at 11:49 PM.

19. - Top - End - #319
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Gazardiel, The Moon

"Oof. The nudge was intended to be a playful sign of affection. I did not realize it would knock you off your feet - I apologize," says Gazardiel, offering the girl a hand before the mask stands her back up on its own.

"If the need arises, it would make me happy knowing that there are other friendly eyes watching over the Lunaeri. I only propose that those of us who share a common thread, as you and I do, look out for each other."
    "No... it is I who got in the way of your elbow... it is I who should apologize." the Masked Girl's head bows as it asks for forgiveness. "Although I can travel through the shadows with ease, I can not forever keep an eye on your Lunaeri, as I must obey the Shadows will... however I have an idea... I beg your pardon Gazardiel..."

With that, the Creepy Masked Girl floats over towards Nysv whose mask has now turned upside down in frustration as it mumbles to itself "... great... this place has turned into a breeding ground for godlings..." realizing that the little girl was patiently waiting for it to finish, it snaps "Well? What do you want?"

"Shadow... I know I am supposed to wait here and negotiate the return of the Noidimi shadows... but if my service has pleased you, I request your permission to return to the world. I have an idea for an interesting... project..."

"Is that so... tell me of your project then..."

Nysv stares at the girl for a few moments before saying "Fine...fine... you have my leave. Begone! If I need you Puppet I shall call you..."

The masked girl bows and melts into the shadows.

The White Desert

A long time had passed since Light and Shadow fought, the the Light's divine blood causing the creation of this vast and endless desert. Since then not much had changed in this desert, save for the sands shifting and creating new dunes where none existed yet.

It was in the middle of the night when the Creepy Masked Girl appeared in the desert. The sandstorms had cleared, leaving an eerie silence. Looking around she says to herself "This will do..." Opening her palm, the little girl uses her knife to make a deep cut. Her blood is as dark as the night itself, as it flows freely onto the sand.

"Rise..." says the girl, as she watches her blood slowly take shape and be given life. These hairless humanoid creatures had grey skin, and long thin limbs. Still floating above them, the avatar catches their attentions "I have given you life, and so I bestow upon you and your descendants this harsh land. The light shall be cruel to you, scorching you during the day and making you wish for the cool loving embrace of the darkness that night brings, yet in this land shall wander, as your nature shall be one of constant struggle. I shall give your people no name further than the one you may wish to bestow upon yourselves." With that, the Masked Girl disappears into the shadows, leaving the newly created race to their own fate, as they embrace a nomadic life, living in tents and always on the move as they look for valuable water in this [/S][S]dry land.
    Spoiler
    Show

AP0= 1-1 Use Shadow Domain discount: Create Race: Doppelgangers

Back at the Moon

"Really? Your idea was to create these inferior beings?"

"In time... they will expand and meet other races. When that happens I shall charge them to look after the Lunaeri in my stead."

"Maybe I'll get something out of them after all..."
    says Nysv.
    Last edited by Shmee; 2012-03-08 at 06:51 AM.
    "Do not anger a bard...for you are silly, and would make for a funny song."

20. - Top - End - #320

That would be Gladeberry Moonshadow, our matron. You'll find her just over there.

He points through the trees to the next clearing. Just in sight is what remains of a tree carved into a large chair, a woman dressed, such that it can be called dressed, in flowers and leaves and the odd animal skin. Six even less dressed males and two females lay about her, apparently insensate from too much mania berry jam. Gladeberry Moonshadow seems alert but lost in thought.

Woods Onari

The entire group approaches her with caution in their bodies and fear in their eyes. The Majestic Kobold takes the word. ''Greetings Gladeberry Moonshadow. We are representives from the Kobold Kaj of Draconia, here to establish peaceful relations.''

A different Onari speaks up, So, you were spying on us. How else would you know of us or where we live? Darmathen, I suggest we promptly eliminate the invaders.

Aquatic Onari

The Kobolds chatter amongst themselves for a moment in the Dragon tongue before one of them takes the word. ''That makes absolutely no sense. We would have needed to know you existed before we could ever spy on you. The fact that we are scouting the entire ocean looking for contacts means we obviously don't know where you live. We grow tired of this baseless hostility, if you are going to kill us based on illogical reasoning please do so right away. Otherwise lets just assume we speak the truth, mean you no harm and establish some kind of contact or at least ground rules between our people.''
    They lower their hunting spears toward the kobolds, Whom do you serve?
    'Desert Kobold

''We serve the Kobold Kaj of Draconia. The great red fat one!''

Disgusting. We don't trade in slaves. If you wish to speak to our queen, then you must bring tribute appropriate to her great beauty and majesty. Only then will we consider opening trade with you.

Onari

The Kobolds look taken aback but quickly recover. ''What about love and respect?''

When he turns to sleep, another kobold is sitting in his spot, a kobold with pale brown skin and a strange gleam in his eye, a kobold who appears to be quite... healthy. With a smirk, the kobold says to him, "Do you want to get out of here?"

The small grey-skinned Kobold thinks for a moment, grinning his teeth to form an awkward smile with the remaining ones.

As far as hallucinations go this is a strange one. When I look at him I think of health, but he's not fat at all, so why do I make that assocation? Also he offers me hope, that's not generally something I would torture myself with. But well, lets see where my mind is taking me with this.

''I most certainly do!''

"We are pleased that we could give you new information, but we have a piece of knowledge of our own that we seek. What is this 'generation' concept? We are not familiar with that word."

Twilight Forest - First Contact

"We Kobolds have children. These children have children. All children born in the same length of time, about 500 passes of the fireworm, together form a generation. Since we are at this world only a limited amount of time our most lasting legacy are the generations we leave behind us, they are the only real imprint of those of us who die and what we are remembered for.''

21. - Top - End - #321
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny of Faith View Post
    Tharin looks around, his mind restless as he takes in all that creation is.

"Hmm... I know little of this place. Others have already taken part in shaping in it, though, so I think that I shall begin to do the same."

He stops himself in the sky, gathering up clouds in an instant around himself, and begins to imbue them with the energy that his newly created form seems to have a boundless supply of.

"This! This shall be my first act in this place." He says in satisfaction, casting the storm clouds away from his figure and to spread across the world. He laughs in glee as he watches lightning shoot down from the skies towards the world below. On a whim, he grabs out, taking the first of these bolts of lightning, and holds it in his hands. Gently, he compresses it until it is thin, and barely two feet long."I think that I will keep this first one, to aid me in the future!"
    Addaz looks at the storms his son had made. An impressive addition to the Sky Dance. He turns, and faces outward, to where his siblings are. Come, it is time to meet your peers. He takes Tharin's hand and, propelled by a gentle gust of wind, move towards the Moon.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Addaz, whether correctly or not, views the other four "Primal" gods as his siblings. The rest o' y'all are just Johny-come-laties.
    LGBTA+itP

22. - Top - End - #322
    Bugbear in the Playground

Zombie

Kelani returns to the Moon!

With a flash of Flow Energy, Kelani appears in the Void outside the moon.
    "God of Shadow. I come bearing apologies and seeking forgiveness. Please return the Shadows of my friends so they may expand past their artificial borders. Let me pay for my wrongdoings, not them."

First Contact: Ascension Clearing

One of the Majestic Kobold bows his head, ''Greetings! Naturally my little companion will stay behind if it pleases you. We were send here from Draconia, the Kobold lands to seek out and meet new civilizations.''

''We are most interested in this 'flow', what is it?'
    "Well you've found one.
    The Flow is a force that surrounds everyone, Divine, Mortal or some weird mix. It is present in the air, the rocks, the moon. Even the Void flows with Energy that may be utilized.
    The Jesarie, and the Athlio as they are asking to be called, are Flow-users. They can shape and force the Flow through themselves, filtering the energy and rearranging it before turning it physical to create a wide-range of effects.
    I wish I could explain further but you wouldn't understand the terms. Some of them aren't even vocalized but shown through the Flow.
    Anyone can learn to shape and sense the Flow through training and practice, though some develop the skill naturally like your companion. When that happens, generally in strange or overwhelming circumstances, they will emit uncontrolled Flow Bursts that will do chaotic things to pretty much everything around them. That is why we try to seek them out and unlock their "Flow-Sight" as we call it, peacefully. We don't fancy having a blast of fire burst our Dome or a hurricane centered on Ascension Clearing, can we.
    You may take him back tomorrow after he unlocks his Sight, or he may stay and refine his skills faster. Same with the rest of you. The gift is not for hoarding to one race and our only stipulation is that you never refuse to teach someone without an extremely good reason like a state of war with their race."

The Depths

Deep in the Endless Oceans, down below where even the bravest Onari swam lurked Them. Two nameless races that ekked out a living at the meeting point of Fire and Water.
    The First was a race of Water, only slightly thicker than it's surroundings it was nigh-invisible and used that to it's advantage. It was almost impossibly patient, waiting for hours before engulfing it's prey without being detected once.
    The Second was an offshoot of the First, a being of the Current, always moving and darting, blending with the motions of the ocean. It never stopped but never made a movement that was obvious. It seemed to flow without moving, teleport from one spot to another between blinks yet there was always a clear path if it was known to be there.
    Both were twice as big as Water Onari

They both swam out in the depths... for now.

Spoiler
    Show
    2AP
    1 PAP
    Water Domain: Used
    Balance Domain: Not Used

2AP -0 (Balance Domain/PAP: Create Race: The First) Patient killers of the depths.
    The Balance Domain might look weird now but it will make sense later. I don't want to spoil the surprise (I will in PM to Rizban if he asks though)
    2AP -1 (Create Subrace: The Second) The Deadly Dancers of the Deep.

1AP remaining
    <-- Give the zombie a hug. You know you want too. It's so lonely.

I have quit Giantitp. I may be back but not anytime soon
    Sorry everyone

23. - Top - End - #323
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Nysv, the Moon

Nysv watches as more and more deities come on the Moon. Grunting in frustration, its Mask had jerked several times in an anti-clockwise motion. All of a sudden, Kelani appears.

"Ah! He is here! Good! Good!"
    Says the god of Shadows as its Mask jerks in a clockwise motion. "Puppet?"

"Yes Darkness?"

"He is all yours. You know what to do."

The Creepy Masked Girl floats up to Kelani. She digs into her pockets and brings out a small pouch.

"Master of the Noidimi... the Darkness has given me the authority to negotiate with you for the return of the Noidimi's shadows. Within this pouch, you shall find all of the ones that I took from your people."

With that, the Masked girl drops the pouch in front of Kelani.

"You may count them if you don't believe me. The Darkness considers your dues paid in full. Just as it bled for your entertainment, so did you in kind, and therefore, it no longer holds claim over your people's shadows. Let it be known that the Darkness always pays its dues... just as it expects its dues to be paid in return."

"I believe all are now in good order?"
    says the little girl.
    Last edited by Shmee; 2012-03-07 at 08:44 AM.
    "Do not anger a bard...for you are silly, and would make for a funny song."

24. - Top - End - #324
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Venetian Mask View Post
    Nothingness given form by the first.

No peoples to conceive of me. They aren't ready.

The first races created, new gods, new concepts springing into existence.

Not ready.

Then: a sudden surge, one man, one idea, a spark in the back of his mind.

Ready.

It only took a simple thought. "What if." What if instead of these small huts and wooden walls we lived in grand sprawling places with beautiful sights and shining white streets.

An idea begins to form. An idea is made manifest.

Heimvard awakens in the void overlooking the world. He marvels at the gyroscope burning red, the moon in its silvery glory. He looks down on the world and sees his reason for being, why he was formed.

An idea.

He looks out over the world and sees its peoples, living in hovels and wooden huts. The idea is there, in the back of their minds, but it is but an idea, no true form has been given yet.

He speaks his first words rumbling through the void: There will be a people, the first to answer the call of cities, answer the call of stone. It is only fitting that they be made from the same stone. He raises his free hand and suddenly mountains start breaking through the soil, glimmering of rubies and silver. Let this be their home Heimvard solemnly states as part of the mountains start falling again, leaving a valley enclosed by mountains with a single river coursing through forming a largish lake and continuing through the only opening, a pass about 150 feet wide. and this be the place where they build the Vardheim, the first city of the world. He sighs and lowers his arm as a single mountain bordering the valley starts raising upward, forming mesa's which will soon be the levels of the city, until it is about twice as large as the other mountains.

For just a moment Heimvard looks at his creation, a mountain range splitting the lands with a good many rivers flowing from it towards the ocean. Looking pleased he turns his attention to the valley saying one simple word: Live. and as he commands the stones of the mountain start to grow, their form becoming stocky and broad, stable and seemingly immutable like the mountains. Veins of silver and red cross their ashen grey faces and bodies and their eyes look like gems of obsidian, ruby or diamond.

As they stood first in the light of the gyroscope, marveling at the world around them Heimvard started to speak to them and each of them raised their heads to look up at the peak of the highest mountain, where his voice seemed to come from. Children, I am Heimvard, Ward of Cities, your Father. To you, my people I have given these mountains and all the riches in them. To you, my people I give this, the spark of my divine essence, that what I most stand for."

The eyes of his people start shining as the visions of grand cities and glorious palaces are revealed to them, suddenly they understand what their task will be in the world. To build sprawling metropolises and beautiful cities as a testament to their father and maker.

Go now my children, my Vardr, and build your city Vardheim on this mountain. As long as you stand true in its defense you have my blessing and the promise that the first city shall never fall. Go now my Vardr and sent emissaries to those who would receive you to offer them to share in your blessings. But most of all go to the humans, for of all the other races in them I see the most potential and after you I do favor them the most.

Alorn notices the actions of Heimvard. He goes to speak with him.

"Greetings. I am Alorn, the Just Blade. I sense you are new among the ranks of the powers. I have seen your work. I find it pleasing.Duty and obligation tie your people together and they achieve great things."

"I would have you for an ally. A number of powers have joined together. We call ourselves the Guardians. Agone Sanctious is our head. He has given an open invitation to any who share our mind to join, though it may be best to ask permission first regardless as you where not present for the offer."

"My allies have made the Igni, the humans, and the kobolds, which you see below. They have existed peacefully to this time.I can see that your people could add much. I myself have chosen to not create a race of my own, so as not to show preference. My blade is for justice and honor, it would not due to be swayed. I have had designs to teach the peoples, organize them. You have done a great deal toward that end already."
    Last edited by stack; 2012-03-07 at 08:43 AM.

25. - Top - End - #325
    Titan in the Playground

Twilight Forest - First Contact

"We Kobolds have children. These children have children. All children born in the same length of time, about 500 passes of the fireworm, together form a generation. Since we are at this world only a limited amount of time our most lasting legacy are the generations we leave behind us, they are the only real imprint of those of us who die and what we are remembered for.''
    "We also procreate, of course. But why do you group your children together into such a span of time? What is the utility in that?"
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).

26. - Top - End - #326
    Orc in the Playground

Vardr - Vardheim
    Quickly the Vardr started organizing themselves and started to tirelessly build up the first city. They started to build at the highest mesa of the Heimvard's Crown (for that was what they called the highest mountain of the world, which they considered to be sacred) and the first ring of the city they built there they called the Ward and in it they built a palace in which their nobles would convene. From there they sent their nobles and marshals out as emissaries to the world.

Vardr - Emmisaries to the Humans
    The largest party of emissaries was sent to the humans. They were led by one of the Ward's more significant nobles, Jarl Albrandur and had with them ten soldiers led by the Ward's second marshal followed by a host of Vardr workers.

Vardr - Emmisaries to the other races
    The Vardr will send emissaries to the Kobolds, High Onari, Dragons, Igni and Nodimi. These parties will all consist off a single nobleman, a marshal and a few soldiers as honor guard.

Heimvard - The Void (Alorn)
    As Alorn starts speaking to Heimvard he turns his head from the world and faces him Greetings Sir Alorn Heimvard responds, bowing to the older deity in respect I am honored that you would compliment my children and my work. He looks down at the world again beckoning at the emissaries traveling it. My children are already moving with offers to teach and help the building of cities.

Looking back up again at Alorn he says Again, thank you for the praise and thank you for extending your hand in friendship. I would be your ally and a part of the Guardians if you would have me. He extends his hand to the older deity as if to formalize their personal alliance with a strong handshake.

27. - Top - End - #327
    Titan in the Playground

Vardheim - First Contact

In Vardheim, in the heart of the palace, there was a rat. That should not be unusual, seeing as rats thrived in cities and large buildings no matter what was done. Of course, this rat was different from the others in the palace.

This strange, different rat roved all over the palace, poking its nose into every room and observing all that was within. No trap set out for it ever worked, and poisons were ignored.

When the emissaries were sent out, the rat disappeared from the palace. The custodian was glad to see it gone, yet there was something dissatisfying in knowing that it got away.

On an unrelated note, one of the noblemen who were not sent out as emissaries was woken up from a nap when a sparrow perched on his shoulder and asked him, "Who are you?"

28. - Top - End - #328
    Orc in the Playground

Vardheim - First Contact
    OC Note:
    Spoiler
    Show
    It is possible, but uncommon, to find a sleeping Vardr. As elementals, the Vardr need no sleep, food/drink, or air. Some do enjoy the sensations that come with a good meal or a soft bed, but for many Vardr this isn't a habit.

The young Vard wakes up to the sound of someone speaking. Not with the deep tones that Vardr used, but a light, pleasant sound. He opened his diamond-colored eyes and looked at the bird perched on his shoulder.

The young noble reacts with a hint of surprise, but also the politeness that comes with his station, in his voice.

"My name is Skarni Gannsen, and who would you be, little one?"

29. - Top - End - #329
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    wasn't sure, that's why I left it vague. I figured if nothing else, the bird found a lazy fop.

"Yes, yes, I know your name. But who are you? I am a talking bird. My name is" some twittering and warbling.

30. - Top - End - #330

Quote Originally Posted by Jeriah View Post
    Akna, Gazardiel, and Angel, The MoonYes, thank you. Send them to my firstborn Onari who already value beauty above nearly all else. You see, it was that which inspired you. It would be good if they could learn from you to become even more grand and more beautiful as they should be. In return, I am sure you and your offspring will learn much from them.

Turning to her daughter, Akna runs a hand through her hair and down her cheek.

Ah, my beloved daughter, I am overjoyed that you have finally awoken.
    Gazardiel with Akna & The Lonely Angel, The Moon

"Yes. These Onari are a favorite of mine and not just because they are my mother's creations. They are a race that understands beauty will get along well with the Children of the Moon. I must think of a way to show my blessing to them."

Akna makes her way over to Gazardiel's sister. Before following, he leaves the moon for a few moments. He moves through the void searching for a place on the mortal plane that would be suitable for his children to make their home. Failing to find one that satisfied him, Gazardiel decided to make it himself.

It must be strong to protect them from those who would bring danger. Lifting his arms, mountains rise out of the ground, tall and sheer. A lake forms among their peaks and acts as a source for a great river that runs through the mountains and creates a lush vale where the Lunaeri can live, sheltered by the peaks surrounding it. The tallest of the mountains stands apart from the rest of the peaks in the center of the vale. It would serve as the foundation for their first settlement.

Satisfied with his work, he returns to the moon and makes his way over to his mother and sister. "My sister, you have grown to be beautiful as well," he says warmly. "Mother, can you tell me about these pantheons?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Beginning AP: 5AP
    Mold Land (The Lunar Vale): 0AP (1AP - 1AP from Preservation Domain)
    Ending AP: 5AP

Beauty Domain: Exhausted
    Preservation Domain: Exhausted

Spoiler
    Show
    The Lunar Vale is a lush river valley created by Gazardiel for the Lunaeri to inhabit. The valley is surrounded by steep peaks with a gap where the river leaves the vale. The tallest mountain stands alone in the vale, its peak jutting into the sky.

The Lunaeri have named the features of their home based on their own language and limited knowledge of the world:
    the vale: Lunar Vale
    the mountains: Barrier Mountains
    the river: Tears of the Mother
    the lone mountain: Spear of Gazardiel

The Lunar Vale

The Lunaeri were still too young to understand the gift Gazardiel had given them. Mountains to serve as their shield, a great river for sustenance, and a foundation for their civilization. But for now the world is still large and mysterious and the Lunaeri have much to learn before beginning their work. They wander here and there under the light of the moon and stars. Over time a few of the Lunaeri begin to stand out as leaders. A small, unofficial council is formed and decides to send out emissaries to some of the other peoples of the world.

Vardheim

A small group of Lunaeri find their way to the first city, Vardheim. It is a land not unlike their own, but the city walls and infrastructure of Vardheim are alien to the Children of the Moon. The emissaries are very primitive compared to the Vardr; they wear only minimal coverings fashioned from plant life. Not wanting to take the Vardr by surprise, the Lunaeri wait to be noticed before proceeding into the city.

Ascension Clearing

Eight Lunaeri make their way to the home of the Nodimi. The party consists of three females and five males wearing only primitive coverings made of leaves. The emissaries might seem a bit strange to humanoids. Most of them appear to be adolescents, but a few look to be only children. The oldest looking Lunaeri seems to be a young adult and he is the one who speaks first. "Hello. We come representing the Children of the Moon and would like to speak with your leaders."

City of the High Onari

A fairly large retinue of the Lunaeri make their way to the first city of the High Onari. The Children of the Moon know very little about the other races of the world at this point, but from the little they've observed of the Onari they seem to be a people that are not too different from themselves. A young woman leads the retinue. She has big, cobalt eyes that make her stand out from the rest of the Lunaeri and smooth, silvery hair that almost reaches her slender waist. The entire party is scantily clad in various coverings made from plant life. They appear to be very young in the eyes of the Onari.

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Some more fluff regarding the Lunaeri. Though they appear young, most of them aren't actually children. They have very long lifespans and age quite differently from other humanoids. They age slowly up to a certain point and then natural physical changes cease. When they stop growing, however, is different from person-to-person. Some Lunaeri might stop aging when they appear to be only about seven in human years, others might grow to look as old as 25. For that reason, some races might have a hard time understanding why someone who appears so young is handling introductions and diplomacy. In actuality what appears to be a teenager could easily be over a hundred years old.

Also, almost every Lunaeri is very pale with silver eyes and hair. However, beauty is not one-dimensional, so Gazardiel created some amount of variety amongst them.. it's just very rare. Lunaeri who have golden hair or blue eyes, for example, would be considered very exotic and exceptionally beautiful.

They aren't directly based off of anything in particular, but there are some influences from Cupid, Aasimars, Elves, Fae, and others.
    Total War Stats:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Celestial Empire
    Spoiler
    Show
    MIL:+++++ +++-
    ECO:+++++ +++++ +++++ +++++
    MOR:+++++ ++-
    ESPD:+++++ +++++ +++++ ++
    ESPO:+++++ +++++ +++-
    WO:+++++ +