New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Of the Sun, the Moon, and the Stars between - IC

The walk through the docks is far from what one would call pleasant. Drunkards walk the streets picking fights, and thieves lurk in every alley of this coastal district. The pier is not too far a walk, and as you approach it you hear the sound of revelry from the tavern at the end of it.

The Bloody Huntress' interior is a far cry from the faith and order throughout the rest of Whitewall. Boisterous patrons cry out compliments, insults, and challenges at every moment, and the rowdy atmosphere and battered furniture suggests that more than one fight has gone down here...

What do you do?
    Last edited by IcarusWings; 2012-02-28 at 01:36 AM.
    You gotta' let me know, are we human,
    Or are we dancers?
    My signs are vital, my hands are cold,
    And I'm on my knees, begging for the answer,
    Are we human, or are we dancers?

- Human, The Killers

2. - Top - End - #242

Planetar

Quite hesitant to even enter the building, Kiru comments, "This is quite... disorderly..". She is clearly waiting for one of the others to enter first.
    Last edited by Kyrinthic; 2012-01-14 at 01:18 PM.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Grunting in reply to Kiru's comment, Spectre merely moves his head somewhat to the side to dodge a chair sailing through the air and shrughs his broad shoulders. "Get used to it. This place is our best bet to get some information about the current situation, and for that we can endure some drunkenly disorder. Whatever you do, don't start hostilities."

Seemingly uninterested in general atmosphere, the robed and hooded figure of the deathknight walks to the bar counter, speaking to the bartender in calm voice. "Would you happen to know where we could find the landlady? We would have things to discuss with her."

4. - Top - End - #244
    Halfling in the Playground

Following Spectre's lead into the building, Moon slowly smiled at the scene awaiting them inside before thinking mentally, Ah...This could turn up something interesting, pausing to sidestep several of the patrons on the way to bar counter before continuing, Or it could end up with a bar fight.

5. - Top - End - #245

The bartender looks up at Spectre, revealing her features. "I am the Landlady; what is it that you want?". Her face is strong and stern, but young, she could not be a day over twenty.
    Last edited by IcarusWings; 2012-01-22 at 02:56 PM.
    Or are we dancers?

- Human, The Killers

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Nodding at the landlady respectfully, Spectre decides to get right into the heart of the matter. He has never been known for being all that great of a conversationalist, but perhaps he would not need to be in this particular case. "Information. Not long ago, a merchant was murdered in the middle of a street not far away from here. It is likely that said merchant had dealings with some very bad men who wanted him dead. So, my question is the following."

Shifting slightly so that he can hold the grand daiklave non-threateningly over his shoulder, he continues. "What do you know about drug traffic going on in this city, and can you point us to someone who sells the deadliest drugs around?"

7. - Top - End - #247

"That would be Toren I suppose, his death wasn't unexpected. Nice guy, when he wasn't on Guild business at least, which was rare. They have the monopoly on drugs trade in this town, and Toren was their... unofficial dealer here. You can imagine that made him a fair few enemies. He did seem quite unsettled a few days ago though, said something about being caught out, and faceless men sharpening strings; couldn't get a coherent sentence out of him at the time. Not surprising really. Not a surprise at all."
    Or are we dancers?

- Human, The Killers

8. - Top - End - #248

Planetar

Finally deciding that standing outside just makes her look awkward, Kiru slips through the crowded room with surprising grace, coming to stand near Spectre as he converses with the innkeeper.

As she listens she ponders, 'that does sound pretty incoherent, how would someone sharpen a string in any event? But then, what else has made any sense since she arrived in this world?' She continues to hold herself silently while she ponders, content to let the natives do all the talking while she tries to absorb what is going on.

9. - Top - End - #249

It is at this moment that the door to the tavern slams open, letting in a gust of bracing wind from the rainstorm that has picked up outside. Standing in the now-open threshold is the shape of a man, illuminated by the torch in his hand.

"Time's up Anathema. I will not let you spread your blasphemies in this city, regardless of what Oris might say."

It is the second guard from earlier, and at his back stands a contingent of cloaked Whitewall guardsmen, torches spluttering in the rain.

"You're not going to leave this inn while I draw breath."
    Last edited by IcarusWings; 2012-02-26 at 04:24 PM.
    Or are we dancers?

- Human, The Killers

10. - Top - End - #250

Planetar

Kiru takes up a guarded stance as she looks around, trying to discern the source of danger, "What is an Anethama?" she asks spectre.
    Last edited by Kyrinthic; 2012-02-26 at 10:50 PM.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

"Toren, eh?" Spectre muses, his posture becoming somewhat more thoughtful. "I wonder-"

And then suddenly, the door slams open, and an idiot begins to splutter the same kind of nonsense that he has been forced to hear all too many times already. Stoic as ever, Spectre chuckles in deep tone as if in response to the bold statement of the guard, turning to look at Kiru as she presents her question.

"Anathema is just something that tyrants of the land cooked up in order to have some excuse for their actions... Although I think it is quite apt description for some of my kind. In essence, it is a "demon" that those pure and virtuous souls will eradicate from anywhere they can be found, be it from blood-mad tribals of weeping children barely seven summers old" Spectre says, his words calm but the meaning before them striking at the Immaculate doctrine like an iron rod. "It is of course a lie, but nothing I say or do will convince these fools of the fact. Thus, I must deal with this interruption. Excuse me."

Shaking his hooded head at the foolishness that is about to ensue, Spectre turns to look at the landlady. "I am sorry, but it seems that there might be some damage to your door if these fools don't back down. I am sure that the whitewall guard will pay for the damages... This is, after all, quite blatant breach in "do not let fools out without someone to hold their hand"-policy."

Throwing his cloak slightly to the side, the deathknight grabs hefty mace from his belt, the arsenal of blades strapped onto him clear for everyone to see. "Now, will you back down, or do I have to beat sense into each and every one of you?" he asks the guardsmen, patting the mace against his hand. "Spit it out, I do not have the time to play with you forever."

12. - Top - End - #252

Planetar

"This sounds like a personal grudge, but I will arm myself in case hostilities ensue in order to prevent possible citizen casualties"

So saying, Kiru pulls out a solid orichalcum rod. If one watches closely, she does not pull it out of any conventional sheath, but rather it appears that she pulls the whole thing directly out of her leg itself.

Taking the rod, and holding it somewhat like one would hold a club, Kiru moves into a defensive stance with her free arm forward as if holding a shield, but does not approach the guards.

13. - Top - End - #253

Eying the encroaching guards with a look of indifference as Spectre spoke with them, Moon murmured,"Not too much room.." while slowly taking in the room before the hostilities became truly violent.

Moon grabbed "Harmony" from her back and notched an arrow while still scanning the room for a possible "safe" area to launch her arrows from, before taking a relatively defensive stance off to the side of the bar.

Spoiler
    Show
    So, are we back together again? I was concerned for awhile;hence me not really logging into the forums.
    For my scanning of the room..if I got the right stat;
    (4d10)[16]
    Edit: Course I outright failled for the /roll system.
    Last edited by Meld; 2012-03-03 at 06:38 PM. Reason: *facepalm*

14. - Top - End - #254

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry for the screw up with the /roll system..here I go again;
    (4d10)[6][3][3][5](17)

15. - Top - End - #255

"At least you're to the point demon." The guard's face twists into a sneer "But your fate has been sealed as soon as you set foot in our holy city; it is not fond of your kind, and it must be cleansed."

He casts his torch aside and draws his sword as the torch's flame leaps to the wall of the inn, gnawing away at the wood.

Spoiler
    Show
    Join battle rolls please

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Moon's eyes, keen as they are, do not manage to locate any specific location which might offer her security.
    Last edited by IcarusWings; 2012-03-11 at 08:22 AM.
    Or are we dancers?

- Human, The Killers

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Pushing his hood down so that his wraith-helmet is revealed, Spectre holds the club at his side, looking every inch the knight of death that he has been trained to be. Except that he is not going to follow such a path anymore. Still, he is quite fine with some mayhem as long as he does not have to murder to get his way.

"I do not care what you or those like you are fond of: I will save this place even if you will keep hounding me. Perhaps a beating that will leave your ears ringing will correct your attitude", Spectre says calmly, his blood-red eyes narrowing with distain like someone who sees a bug trying to threaten them. "But I think that it is best if we take this outside. So..."

Advancing towards the man with casual gait of warrior who knows he cannot be hurt by mortal blades, Spectre focuses his attention to the rabble who are testing his patience. "...Now, I am going to do just that."

Spoiler
    Show
    Join battle!

(6d10)[5][10][5][2][8][4](34)

17. - Top - End - #257
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

(Making new post so that my previous one will show up.)

18. - Top - End - #258

Planetar

Stepping aside from the bar itself, Kiru moves towards the door, brandishing her rod, and seeing what spectre and the guards do before starting anything. If not directly attacked, and spectre does not seem to be in trouble, she will remain back.

Spoiler
    Show

Not sure if this is needed for me yet, but if so
    join battle: (5d10)[5][10][1][3][5](24)

19. - Top - End - #259

Sighing at the lack of a safe haven to launch her arrows from, Moon turns her attention back to the guards before hefting Harmony and pulling back the string, to aim at the closest guardsman,"First shot is on me boys."

Spoiler
    Show
    My Join Battle roll, (4d10)[10][9][6][4](29)