New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 29 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #841
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XXXIX: There is no Pegasus Mafia!

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Lixie I imagine would be the last person to actually kill me since I just spend my whole life assuming the Lix' is behind me with a knife.
    So...you spend all day constantly spinning in circles?
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

2. - Top - End - #842
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Mirrors, keeping enough distance from the car behind me.
    That kind of stuff.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

3. - Top - End - #843

Well, yeah. Apperently, he never lookes up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

4. - Top - End - #844
    Titan in the Playground

Lixie I imagine would be the last person to actually kill me since I just spend my whole life assuming the Lix' is behind me with a knife.
    Knife? Eww. If I were gonna kill you, I'd either use a hammer or a sword. Maybe axe, scythe, or whip, but rarely if ever knife. Knives are boring.

♪ Bang bang Lixie's silver hammer comes down, upon your head~ ♪
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

5. - Top - End - #845
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAquilaDei View Post
    Surprised this got so little attention, I thought there were a few fans around here. Thanks for the link, it was a good laugh.
    Always happy to introduce somepony else to the series, it's probably my duty as element of YouTube to link that kind of thing. I'm sure any major fans have Sherclop's channel subscribed and got notified without my assistance though. Plus it wasn't the best episode. Luna seemed off, which is either a letdown or, considering the character as she's portrayed, some sort of brilliant meta-level humor (you can never be sure with this series).

Also, I only noticed on my second viewing that Rarity shows up in the scene starting at 3:50, but wearing her invisibility scarf.

I assume she's in the middle of the slow, deliberate process of killing us with kindness. Kindness and shipping, the most adorable forms of murder.

Probably looks something like this

EDIT: or this
    Last edited by Eakin; 2012-03-14 at 07:53 PM.
    Proof-reading is totally unnecessary in the digital age now that we have spell cheque.

Pony thread's official Element of Youtube

6. - Top - End - #846
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    ♪ Bang bang Lixie's silver hammer comes down, upon your head~ ♪
    Ok. Now I'm scared.
    Truth resists simplicity.

7. - Top - End - #847

Quote Originally Posted by Even Human View Post
    Ok. Now I'm scared.
    Indeed. I am going to build a book fort and hide for a little while.

Meep.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

8. - Top - End - #848
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eakin View Post
    Always happy to introduce somepony else to the series, it's probably my duty as element of YouTube to link that kind of thing. I'm sure any major fans have Sherclop's channel subscribed and got notified without my assistance though. Plus it wasn't the best episode. Luna seemed off, which is either a letdown or, considering the character as she's portrayed, some sort of brilliant meta-level humor (you can never be sure with this series).
    Oh, I was already familiar with it, I'm just not familiar with their update schedule (assuming there is one). And I honestly found Luna funny, but Fluttershy and her portal where easily the highlight.

Also, I only noticed on my second viewing that Rarity shows up in the scene starting at 3:50, but wearing her invisibility scarf.
    I noticed the first time (although I had to go back to dubble check, as I first thought they were introducing an actual ghost).

9. - Top - End - #849
    Titan in the Playground

♪ Bang bang Lixie's silver hammer, made sure, that he was dead~♪

Don't you like me and my hammer?
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

See that totally counts as on topic
    Last edited by Lix Lorn; 2012-03-14 at 08:37 PM.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.

10. - Top - End - #850
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Siosilvar View Post
    Related to reactions: What did ponythread think after watching their first bit of ponies?"
    Never thought much of it, Strife showed it to me one day and I never even really stopped to think wow I'm watching and enjoying My Little Pony. By the time I had stopped to think about i had already watched season one, was waiting eagerly for season two, and writing a fanfic. I did really enjoy the show at first and if people stopped instantly associating My Little Pony as a girl's only thing and didn't think damn, I watching My little Pony from the second the show started many more people would most likely enjoy the show a lot more.

11. - Top - End - #851
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Spoiler
    Show

I love and have seen 3/4 of those shows. What is the one who looks like kinda like Haruihi with the drill.

12. - Top - End - #852
    Titan in the Playground

I have no idea. DXD I just searched 'anime slasher smile hammer'. Didn't find one good enough...

13. - Top - End - #853

Oh, I was already familiar with it, I'm just not familiar with their update schedule (assuming there is one). And I honestly found Luna funny, but Fluttershy and her portal where easily the highlight.

I noticed the first time (although I had to go back to dubble check, as I first thought they were introducing an actual ghost).
    I don't think there is a regular update schedule, I just logged onto youtube earlier today and it popped up.

Well, I thought Zecora was the highlight. I'm just not exactly sure what the point of Fluttershy's portal was. I'll admit that it was established by the previous episode's scene where she was concerned by it, but I don't think it contributed a lot to this episode. I guess this is one of those "agree to disagree" situations.

Spoiler
    Show

Your intimidation factor is diminished by how catchy that song is.

And this seems like as good an excuse as any for a pony image bomb.

Spoiler
    Show

Did y'all notice it was 3/14?

Better use this one before winter's out.

Proof-reading is totally unnecessary in the digital age now that we have spell cheque.

Pony thread's official Element of Youtube

14. - Top - End - #854

I have no idea. DXD I just searched 'anime slasher smile hammer'. Didn't find one good enough...
    So you stopped your activities because it was time to the a picture with a hammer.

Spoiler
    Show

Better use this one before winter's out.

Pinkie would be the least likely to miss a check, this picture is inaccurate.
    edit- and high-sticking, Pinkie. Tsk tsk.
    Last edited by MCerberus; 2012-03-14 at 08:41 PM.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

15. - Top - End - #855
    Troll in the Playground

So you stopped your activities because it was time to the a picture with a hammer.

Pinkie would be the least likely to miss a check, this picture is inaccurate.
    edit- and high-sticking, Pinkie. Tsk tsk.
    Yeah, Pinkie's little "can't touch this" there is a bit odd, considering she's the best skater of the six.
    ze/zir | she/her

Omnia Vincit Amor

16. - Top - End - #856

Yeah, Pinkie's little "can't touch this" there is a bit odd, considering she's the best skater of the six.
    Furthermore, Dash would be avoidable with finesse and AJ is easy to read. If anypony would play enforcer, it's forceful and unpredictable Pinkie.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #857
    Colossus in the Playground

Episode 6 of Friendship is Witchcraft is up!

My day just got 20% less productive!
    I liked this one, which was a nice change given how I've thought that the previous ones in the series were incomprehensible networks of in-jokes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Mirrsen View Post
    Random unrelated thought:

So, Derpy Day, Operation Indiscriminate Friendship is... a "Thanq's giving" Day?

*dodges tomatoes, retreats into the Multiverse*
    *takes three fatigue levels worth of pun damage*

Related to reactions: What did ponythread think after watching their first bit of ponies?

I held off on my opinion until watching a complete episode, after which: "Wow this is so ridiculously cheezy. Must watch more."
    Thought it was lame right up until Rainbow Dash appeared on screen. Then it became fantastic.
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2012-03-14 at 09:02 PM.

18. - Top - End - #858
    Titan in the Playground

Related to reactions: What did ponythread think after watching their first bit of ponies?

I held off on my opinion until watching a complete episode, after which: "Wow this is so ridiculously cheezy. Must watch more."
    I remember specifically wondering why the hay I was still awake at three in the morning, watching ponies of all things. I mean, was this really worth staying up for? Was sleep such a distasteful alternative to this nonsense? Could I really not think of any better use of my time?

Hint: The answer was oh dear goodness YES.

From there, curiosity did the rest. I had seen the first half of the pilot, if I didn't watch the second half, I'd spend my whole life wondering how it ended. Well, that wasn't much better than the first episode. Although...I hear the next ones are slice-of-life. I bet that's much different then the pilot. Maybe just one more. Well that was full of girly nonsense, but at least I could stomach it. The humor wasn't half bad. I hear one of the next ones has a dragon in it...
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

19. - Top - End - #859
    Titan in the Playground

Surprised this got so little attention, I thought there were a few fans around here. Thanks for the link, it was a good laugh.

So, Forum Explorer left of his Birthday request to me by PM, Octavia discorded.

Spoiler
    Show

Happy belated Birthday, Explorer, Hopefully this wasn't to far off from what you wanted.
    Thank you very much. Its a great picture.

My first reactions about watching ponies? I thought well that was good but I don't see how that warranted such a massive fan base. Kept watching season 1 and then the ponysanity set in.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

20. - Top - End - #860

I'll admit: I actually rolled my eyes and left after the storybook about the magical unicorn princess and the Elements of Harmony. It was two months before I noticed that ponies were still popular and decided to give it a fair shot.

Actually, that's a lie. I didn't give it a fair shot at all. I walked in covered in a thick shell of cynicism, fully convinced I was merely satisfying some sort of morbid curiosity. A few days later, I'd watched all the episodes back-to-back (it was around "Winter Wrap-Up" or so) and was forced to accept that what I'd been telling myself was "ironic" enjoyment of the show was, in fact, actual enjoyment of the show.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterwind View Post
    Mewtarthio, you have scared my brain into hiding, a trembling, broken shadow of a thing, cowering somewhere in the soothing darkness and singing nursery rhymes in the hope of obscuring the Lovecraftian facts you so boldly brought into daylight.

21. - Top - End - #861

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    I love and have seen 3/4 of those shows. What is the one who looks like kinda like Haruihi with the drill.
    Found it. Note: While the image is fine, a good portion of the site itself is very NSFW.

It looks like an original work from an artist named "minazuki (karashikazoku)" on Pixiv, a japanese version of DeviantArt. Sadly, the source link seems to be broken (or requires you to log into Pixiv to work) and so isn't very helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    There are no bad ideas, just bad execution.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you to zimmerwald1915 for the Gustave avatar.
    The full set is here.

Air Raccoon avatar provided by Ceika
    from the Request an OotS Style Avatar thread

A big thanks to PrinceAquilaDei for the gryphon avatar!
    original image

22. - Top - End - #862
    Troll in the Playground

"Oh hey, it's that pony show I keep hearing about. It'll probably be another lousy Powerpuff Girls 'Rawr girls are tough no seriously take girls seriously I mean really we're serious' show and- oh. Hey. That color selection ain't half bad. Yup, I could get used to this. Real easy on the eyes."

Edit: And, additionally, initial first impression on ponies.
    Twilight Sparkle- Ugh, know-it-all main character. I hope the rest of the cast is going to be better.
    Rainbow Dash- A character dedicated to being a showoff that everyone likes. Kinda annoying.
    Pinkie Pie- Great, a stereotypical bright pink "I'm a girl and I am random!" character. This one's going to get real annoying real fast, unless she does something genuinely silly like becoming the self-aware, self-referential character.
    Rarity- Hooray, someone who wines about getting her hair cut. Wait, she's an artist? Huh. Let's see where this goes.
    Applejack- I have enough simple farmfolk in my real world, thank you.
    Fluttershy- Huh. You know. I could relate to this character.
    Last edited by OracleofWuffing; 2012-03-14 at 11:08 PM.
    "Okay, so I'm going to quick draw and dual wield these one-pound caltrops as improvised weapons..."
    ---
    "Oh, hey, look! Blue Eyes Black Lotus!" "Wait what, do you sacrifice a mana to the... Does it like, summon a... What would that card even do!?" "Oh, it's got a four-energy attack. Completely unviable in actual play, so don't worry about it."

23. - Top - End - #863
    Titan in the Playground

The lights dim. The collective forum finds themselves all tied to chairs. And dimensionally anchored. And in an anti-magic field. And in a ship-proof bunker. Undivided attention here, people! Amish and Ido wheel out an old-timey slide projector.

Brace yourself ponythread; it’s vacation pictures time!

Spoiler
    Show
    The Meetup, Written by TheAmishPirate, illustrated and photographed by Capt. Ido Nos

Epcot. Now with 20% more Evil Enchantresses.

After several hours of harrowing plane flights, car rides, and vans, the both of us arrived at Disney World, Florida. Not content to let something like this wait, we both agreed to set out from our hotels posthaste, and let our preordained meetup commence!

That dazzling gentleman with the stylish fro is the Amishman. The goofball in the hat is a Captain of some sort.

And then crowds had to go and ruin everything. Gotta say, it was hilarious to watch people wonder aloud why nopony was moving when a fireworks spectacular was going down right behind them.

But we couldn’t spend all day punching/dragon kicking our way through the masses, there were things to do! Rides to ride! Streets to mosey! Creepy characters in costumes to flee from!

THE HORROR.

We quickly discovered the Buzz Lightyear ride was best ride. You ride on a cart that you can spin around, and shoot targets as you go through this large shooting gallery. Targets are worth variable amounts of points, and whoever gets more points gets to leave the ride!

We had a little trouble at first...

What is this I don't even

But we soon got the hang of it, and soon developed a friendly competition...

Friendship!

After enough rides, we finally got into the groove of things.

It's like we're not even trying! Or cheating. That could be true too.

It was a piece of cake after that...

24. - Top - End - #864

Spoiler
    Show

Hello, my baby
    Hello, my honey
    Hello, my ragtime gaaaalll

Send me a kiss by wiiiire
    Baby, my hearts on fiiiiiire!

If you refuse me
    Honey, you'll lose me
    Then you'll be left alooonnne

Oh baby, telephone
    And tell me I'm your ooowwwwwwn!

25. - Top - End - #865
    Titan in the Playground

*Ahem!*

Yes, yes, that's quite enough of the old ivorys. I'm sure we're all thoroughly entertained. Now, back to slides!

Spoiler
    Show
    But, my dear ponythread, we did more than ride a single ride twenty-one times. We did more than raid the Japan gift shop like a pair of banditos. We did far more than amble about aimlessly for a greater part of the day. we also got a chance to meet none other than the great Soarin!

Heck yeah!

...it wasn’t quite what we expected.

What...hang gliders..?

But then we found some hats. Fancy hats make everything better.

It was a week to remember, but all too soon, it came to an end. The mighty oceans paled in comparison to the manly tears that were shed at our parting. It truly was such sweet sorrow.

Oh, and then we remembered we were accidentally brothers the whole time. The fact that we shared a hotel room really should’ve tipped us off.

SOON

Oops!

Aaaaaaand pose!

26. - Top - End - #866
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    Found it. Note: While the image is fine, a good portion of the site itself is very NSFW.

It looks like an original work from an artist named "minazuki (karashikazoku)" on Pixiv, a japanese version of DeviantArt. Sadly, the source link seems to be broken (or requires you to log into Pixiv to work) and so isn't very helpful.
    Okay I kinda suspected OC. I'm not up on anime as I used to be but I like to think I still absorb things that would interest me so I would have recognized it. Artist definitely likes some Nanoha though.

Oh right on topic... umm.... well.... well liking Nanoha is relevant since its she would fight right in with Equestria. A remarkable mature and well written girl is Nanoha. And scary, very scary. ooh I'm drifting again wait I've got it... Nanoha could vanquish an Ursa Major I might write a fic about that! Yeah totally relevant now, I win.
    Last edited by Soras Teva Gee; 2012-03-15 at 12:10 AM.

27. - Top - End - #867

Have you ever stepped back and plotted (can I get the laughing Celestia icon here) a day's ponythread?

Murder, birthdays, elder god ponies, the moment you went insane, anime girls with improbable weapons. But then nobody wanted to argue with or agree with my assessment of Pinkie as a third-line enforcer. Must not be many hockey fans.
    Last edited by MCerberus; 2012-03-15 at 12:14 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #868
    Titan in the Playground

Have you ever stepped back and plotted (can I get the laughing Celestia icon here) a day's ponythread?

Murder, birthdays, elder god ponies, the moment you went insane, anime girls with improbable weapons. But then nobody wanted to argue with or agree with my assessment of Pinkie as a third-line enforcer. Must not be many hockey fans.
    Actually, it was just so inherently correct that there wasn't anything to talk about.

Also
    the moment you went insane
    And here I thought we were talking about the moment that we started liking ponies. Because those are definitely two different things, right everypony? *crickets*
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

29. - Top - End - #869
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

(can I get the laughing Celestia icon here)
    You may:

30. - Top - End - #870
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Mirrsen View Post
    Random unrelated thought:

So, Derpy Day, Operation Indiscriminate Friendship is... a "Thanq's giving" Day?

*dodges tomatoes, retreats into the Multiverse*

Classy Fluttershy approves of this pun.

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    The best part of either is that even the opening, which is probably only exceeded by the extended opening in being even close to typically girly kids show, manages to convert about 1.5 people out of 10(?) on Teen React. Okay and the dead pan from the Maniliest Brony about his manliness.
    I REALLY LIKE HIS MANE!

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    The lights dim. The collective forum finds themselves all tied to chairs. And dimensionally anchored. And in an anti-magic field. And in a ship-proof bunker. Undivided attention here, people! Amish and Ido wheel out an old-timey slide projector.

Brace yourself ponythread; it’s vacation pictures time!

Spoiler
    Show

That dazzling gentleman with the stylish fro is the Amishman. The goofball in the hat is a Captain of some sort.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Holy Loki, you two look like you could be bro-...

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Oh, and then we remembered we were accidentally brothers the whole time. The fact that we shared a hotel room really should’ve tipped us off.
    Spoiler
    Show

Well played, ponies. Well played.

And here I thought we were talking about the moment that we started liking ponies. Because those are definitely two different things, right everypony? *crickets*
    Definitely totally different things. I have been through varying styles of (in)sanity during my life... ponysanity just happens to be the latest, and quite probably the most fun.