New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282944 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Bleach V: Well that was a waste of time (Fullbring? What's that?)

Did I miss something? Was there a new chapter this week?
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Hashmir View Post
    When I die, I donate my body to the cause of whatever ******* finds it first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodgruve View Post
    Really though, how effin scary would the beach be if an octopus could launch itself outta the water at a 200' move speed every 6 seconds. I'd never go to the beach again... I thought flying sharks were scary...
    Blood~

2. - Top - End - #542
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Madara View Post
    Unless the rest of us are delusional yes there was an new chapter, titled 'breathe but blind'.

3. - Top - End - #543
    Troll in the Playground

Apparently. Yes.

4. - Top - End - #544
    Ogre in the Playground

Interesting. I didn't see it up, but I'll go look. Plus this thread wasn't very active, so I thought there wasn't a new one yet.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Really though, how effin scary would the beach be if an octopus could launch itself outta the water at a 200' move speed every 6 seconds. I'd never go to the beach again... I thought flying sharks were scary...
    Blood~

5. - Top - End - #545
    Troll in the Playground

Interesting. I didn't see it up, but I'll go look. Plus this thread wasn't very active, so I thought there wasn't a new one yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by jindra34 View Post
    New chapter
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yea gods the two annoying Arrancar girls are back. And few people have seemed to notice how often Ichigo ends up working with people who were his enemies. At least Harribel's Fraccion are trying to do a good job of helping their kin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drolyt View Post
    Good question. Is that like Tonkatsu?

As for the chapter... meh. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't amazing either. Be better without all the annoying side characters.
    The only reason there isn't much discussion is there isn't much to discuss.

6. - Top - End - #546
    Orc in the Playground

The only reason there isn't much discussion is there isn't much to discuss.
    We could always talk about how Urahara seems to have become comic relief in the time he's been off-panel... or how it seems Kubo's trying to retcon all the times he's ignored Chad... or how Orihime suddenly changed from skirt to hotpants in a matter of seconds... did they have enough time to take a pitstop by her apartment? wait, does she keep a change of clothes at Ichigo's house?

7. - Top - End - #547
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by nazgulnine View Post
    We could always talk about how Urahara seems to have become comic relief in the time he's been off-panel... or how it seems Kubo's trying to retcon all the times he's ignored Chad... or how Orihime suddenly changed from skirt to hotpants in a matter of seconds... did they have enough time to take a pitstop by her apartment? wait, does she keep a change of clothes at Ichigo's house?
    Of course she does.

She spends more time there then at her house. And not just when they're saving the world.

8. - Top - End - #548
    Banned

Let's just all hope that all these minor side characters die quickly so we can move on with the story.

9. - Top - End - #549
    Spamalot in the Playground

That worm is dissing Aizen?

Sigh.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

10. - Top - End - #550
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    That worm is dissing Aizen?

Sigh.
    Aizen, who is this Aizen you speak of?

GIVE ME COMBAAAAT
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Blood~

11. - Top - End - #551
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by nazgulnine View Post
    We could always talk about how Urahara seems to have become comic relief in the time he's been off-panel...
    Urahara's always acted like that.

Once upon a time it was a plot twist that he wasn't just a daftly dressed shop keeper (you know, the time Bleach was actually good).
    "that nighted, penguin-fringed abyss" - At The Mountains of Madness, H.P. Lovecraft

When a man decides another's future behind his back, it is a conspiracy. When a god does it, it's destiny.

12. - Top - End - #552
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Closet_Skeleton View Post
    Urahara's always acted like that.

Once upon a time it was a plot twist that he wasn't just a daftly dressed shop keeper (you know, the time Bleach was actually good).
    not much of a twist given that such characters are always bamfs
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

13. - Top - End - #553
    Ettin in the Playground

So, I was wondering if anyone here would know of a place to download the "Number One" song from the Bleach Anime. I love the sound of it, but I can't find it on iTunes, no matter how hard I search. Would love to download it so I could listen to it whenever I wanted.

14. - Top - End - #554
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Wow I'm late to this.

Some random minion dissed Aizen. Aizen's two roadies are still alive, and surprisingly so are Harribel's crew.

Maybe the next chapter will have more action.
    Awesome OOTS-style Fallout New Vegas avatar by Ceika. Or it was, before Photobucket started charging money.

General nerd person. Mostly computer games and manga.

15. - Top - End - #555
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

New Chapter:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Um well now we have more evidence that these are quincy. And the captain of this raiding party is at least somewhat strong. And that the SS is preparing for all out war. Anything I missed?

16. - Top - End - #556
    Troll in the Playground

bit of a silence before the storm chapter IMO.
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

17. - Top - End - #557
    Troll in the Playground

That was... okay, I guess. These last few chapters feel really bland. We now know for sure that these are Quincy, which really wasn't a secret, and Harribel's fracion got to play Worf. Meh.

18. - Top - End - #558
    Ogre in the Playground

better them than that one guy, what's his name...
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #559

More mooks getting stomped. Am I supposed to be impressed by Corporal Wannabe?

Now, if they had brought out Allon again and THEN gotten stomped, I might be impressed. That would at least have put him on Matsumoto's level.
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

20. - Top - End - #560
    Banned

Let's just hope they're dead so we don't have to deal with them for the whole arc. There's more than enough pointless ancillary characters cluttering things up already.

21. - Top - End - #561
    Bugbear in the Playground

More mooks getting stomped. Am I supposed to be impressed by Corporal Wannabe?

Now, if they had brought out Allon again and THEN gotten stomped, I might be impressed. That would at least have put him on Matsumoto's level.
    Yeah his build-up is pretty contrived alright, but for some reason I can't help but like the guy. He just so slimy! It'll a actually be fun to see Ichigo roflstomp him.

He seems like a guy I could love to hate. Unlike Ginjo and Aizen. I just hated them.
    Spoiler: Campaign Journals
    Show

Axinia: My campaign setting.

22. - Top - End - #562
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Axinian View Post
    Yeah his build-up is pretty contrived alright, but for some reason I can't help but like the guy. He just so slimy! It'll a actually be fun to see Ichigo roflstomp him.

He seems like a guy I could love to hate. Unlike Ginjo and Aizen. I just hated them.
    The new Gin?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

23. - Top - End - #563

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    The new Gin?
    When this guy brushes Ichigo aside I'll put him on Gin's level. Wiping out three named mooks isn't going to cut it.

That was... okay, I guess. These last few chapters feel really bland. We now know for sure that these are Quincy, which really wasn't a secret, and Harribel's fracion got to play Worf. Meh.
    Actually, we know for sure that SS THINKS they're Quincy. Until the bad guys themselves say this, it's not certain.

They might be a hybrid of some kind; that whole "stealing bankai" thing sounds a bit too iffy.

One high hope I have for this arc is more Ryuken.
    Last edited by Psyren; 2012-04-15 at 04:32 PM.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

24. - Top - End - #564
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

When this guy brushes Ichigo aside I'll put him on Gin's level. Wiping out three named mooks isn't going to cut it.
    Sometimes when I read this series I wish we could simply retcon back to the early soul society arc and make the whole series make more sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

25. - Top - End - #565
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

New chapter and more intrigue in the SS. And not much else.

26. - Top - End - #566

His name is "Opie?"

Also...
    Spoiler
    Show

Mayuri's got some massive coconuts to be yelling at Yama like that.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

27. - Top - End - #567
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Though it does once again establish something we already knew...

Soul Society: Totally Best Heaven Ever!

28. - Top - End - #568

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post

I still look back on those souls Rukia was convincing to cross over in the early days and just laugh. And then the shinigami wonder why Quincy don't care about breaking the cycle.

Hey, that could even be the motivation for these Quincy...

Spoiler
    Show
    Though of course, bad guy Quincy use swords, because IT IS ALWAYS SWORDS, lore be damned.
    Last edited by Psyren; 2012-04-18 at 11:15 AM.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

29. - Top - End - #569
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post

If you happen to become shinigami, otherwise it is probably fairly high up on the crappy afterlife scale...
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #570
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Though of course, bad guy Quincy use swords, because IT IS ALWAYS SWORDS, lore be damned.
    Spoiler
    Show
    It looks like it could be a crossbow to me.
    Tarvek needs to die in a fire.