New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 32 of 50 FirstFirst ... 7222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #931
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [FWM] As Equestria Turns:MLP Without the Kiddy Thread X

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post
    A hallway

Mop and bucket. If Hover doesn't swab the ship down, it wont be clean. No pony else ever does it. "Dangit. Rainbow has to stop leaving spilled drinks and poisons laying on the floor. If we had mice, they'd be drunk and dead."
    From down the hallway, Sandy just nearly finished up the steering controls. He polished a last little bit of grime and dirt from his forehooves (magic, always handy) when he ran into the gloomy pilot. "Hover! Glad I caught you. Just finished the fixes t'the steering. She should be a bit more quick t'the punch now, if you'd like t'test her out."
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

2. - Top - End - #932
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    "Oh, I don't know. I think you're pretty good at both... in my extremely subjective experience..." Esmeralda teased playfully, laying a hoof on his. "Joking aside, your cutie mark probably tells the same thing as well."
    Lone Star winked at her. It's a pen and a star. Doesn't say much about social situations. He licked her cheek. Think I've done okay for myself in that area, all things considered.
    Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

3. - Top - End - #933
    Barbarian in the Playground

Both Snowflake's and Tyrol's ears perked up at the news. "They... they attacked your family?" Snowflake said, her eyes wide with surprise.

"Where did this take place?" Tyrol asked, ever the practical one.
    The colt seemed kinda calm about it though
    "On the road to the mountain range, was scouting with the griffon you told me about, they were with a pegasus, then 2 assasins made an ambush, both of us attacked them first, one assasin's unconcious, the other almost ran out of blood and is in intensive care; everypony's here in the clinic"
    Last edited by Luka; 2012-05-24 at 10:22 AM.
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #934
    Troll in the Playground

(This is really a semi-romantic scene here.)

"Heh, were you expecting something different?" Silverpine said, leaning on the rail to support himself. He was beginning to feel the chill as well, and tightened his uniform around his neck.
    [Well, it does got a little lightning and atmosphere going on, heh]

"I think I was, but I don't think I really want to delve into that place,"
    She said, being all vague and blah. "I think I like your short and simple answer as it is." She wanly smiled her eyes still watching the western horizon, setting sun, etc. Alas she didn't have her uniform jacket on, she hadn't had it on after the shower she took during the undefined amount of hours since Sandy's bomb knockout to now.

5. - Top - End - #935
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    "On the road to the mountain range, was scouting with the griffon you told me about, they were with a pegasus, then 2 assasins made an ambush, both of us attacked them first, one assasin's unconcious, the other almost ran out of blood and is in intensive care; everypony's here in the clinic"
    In the meantime, Staccata is still reading in the corner out of the way. Of course she does nothing that would denote that she's interested in these new developments. Juicy juicy secrets.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

6. - Top - End - #936

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    In the meantime, Staccata is still reading in the corner out of the way. Of course she does nothing that would denote that she's interested in these new developments. Juicy juicy secrets.
    He continues a bit
    "they always were out for them and me, we're the only ones left of the village.... Maybe even the attack was just to get me"
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #937
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Lone Star winked at her. It's a pen and a star. Doesn't say much about social situations. He licked her cheek. Think I've done okay for myself in that area, all things considered.
    "Oh, I agree. More than okay." She winked and sipped the last of the tea.

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    [Well, it does got a little lightning and atmosphere going on, heh]

"I think I was, but I don't think I really want to delve into that place,"
    She said, being all vague and blah. "I think I like your short and simple answer as it is." She wanly smiled her eyes still watching the western horizon, setting sun, etc. Alas she didn't have her uniform jacket on, she hadn't had it on after the shower she took during the undefined amount of hours since Sandy's bomb knockout to now.
    "I... see," Silverpine answered, shifting uncomfortably. "Something troubling you, captain?"

He continues a bit
    "they always were out for them and me, we're the only ones left of the village.... Maybe even the attack was just to get me"
    "I'm glad you made it out in one piece," Snowflake said, hugging the earth pony.

"The high road, huh? Been many years since the road was safe," Tyrol mused. He glanced over at Staccata. "I'm pretty sure Stormcloak would be most interested in talking with the prisoners."
    Last edited by Grif; 2012-05-24 at 06:35 PM.

8. - Top - End - #938
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    From down the hallway, Sandy just nearly finished up the steering controls. He polished a last little bit of grime and dirt from his forehooves (magic, always handy) when he ran into the gloomy pilot. "Hover! Glad I caught you. Just finished the fixes t'the steering. She should be a bit more quick t'the punch now, if you'd like t'test her out."
    "Thanks. It is great to know that our chances of crashing headfirst into a cliff is no longer approaching 100%." Hover leans the mop on the wall and dusts herself off with her tail. "Perhaps I will try it out. It will great to know I can turn this ship to the left with adjusting both the Y and Z axis controls."

The pink pegasus hops up and begins to flutter to the bridge. "Did you check out the ship's weapon systems for Rainbow yet? This experiment junk constantly need re-alignment because it is all patchwork and composite. Nothing matches and balance is always off."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

9. - Top - End - #939
    Titan in the Playground

"Thanks. It is great to know that our chances of crashing headfirst into a cliff is no longer approaching 100%." Hover leans the mop on the wall and dusts herself off with her tail. "Perhaps I will try it out. It will great to know I can turn this ship to the left with adjusting both the Y and Z axis controls."

The pink pegasus hops up and begins to flutter to the bridge. "Did you check out the ship's weapon systems for Rainbow yet? This experiment junk constantly need re-alignment because it is all patchwork and composite. Nothing matches and balance is always off."
    Sandy trotted alongside her back to the bridge, just in case his handiwork decided to be temperamental. "No, not yet I haven't. I'll do those next." While Hover went to her steering console, he looked over the weapons controls, trying to get a basic idea of their current condition. "Let's see...align axis, set range, re-adjust the targeting plane, set plane again, re-align axis...come to think of it, she hasn't asked about the weapons in...shoot, I can't remember the last time she asked about the weapons. How long have they been like this?"

10. - Top - End - #940

"I'm glad you made it out in one piece," Snowflake said, hugging the earth pony.

"The high road, huh? Been many years since the road was safe," Tyrol mused. He glanced over at Staccata. "I'm pretty sure Stormcloak would be most interested in talking with the prisoners."
    (hugs Tyrol or Luka? asking cuz Luka's a pegasus )

in case he's the one actually hugged (cuz context confuses me %S), he blushes and Tyrol would notice it.
    "I think it isn't now, he might want to talk to my sister and my little brother too"
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #941
    Firbolg in the Playground

When Tyrol glances over to her she doesn't quite know if it's to spare the colt some embarrassment or if he wants Staccata to go out and fetch the interested party. The mare kind of motions towards the door with her head, going back to reading if Tyrol doesn't give a reaction.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

12. - Top - End - #942
    Ettin in the Playground

(hugs Tyrol or Luka? asking cuz Luka's a pegasus )

in case he's the one actually hugged (cuz context confuses me %S), he blushes and Tyrol would notice it.
    "I think it isn't now, he might want to talk to my sister and my little brother too"
    (Ugh, mixed up again. Yes, it was Luka.)

"Yes, them too..." Tyrol said absent-mindedly. He didn't notice the blush.

13. - Top - End - #943
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh, I agree. More than okay." She winked and sipped the last of the tea.
    Lone Star sipped up the last of his own as well. You want to do Ponyhammer again some time?
    Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

14. - Top - End - #944
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Sandy trotted alongside her back to the bridge, just in case his handiwork decided to be temperamental. "No, not yet I haven't. I'll do those next." While Hover went to her steering console, he looked over the weapons controls, trying to get a basic idea of their current condition. "Let's see...align axis, set range, re-adjust the targeting plane, set plane again, re-align axis...come to think of it, she hasn't asked about the weapons in...shoot, I can't remember the last time she asked about the weapons. How long have they been like this?"
    Hover adjust her seat and plops down. A tug of the 3rd wing reveals that the wing now moves smoothly, like a hot knife on butter. It almost makes her squee.... almost.

She hasn't adjusted them since the time before the last time you got hurt.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

15. - Top - End - #945

(Ugh, mixed up again. Yes, it was Luka.)

"Yes, them too..." Tyrol said absent-mindedly. He didn't notice the blush.
    "Right now they're all sleeping.... Well, except one of the assasin's, he's out cold on the farthest bed.... Also, there's a sack full of black metal plates in the room, it's their armor, some noob made that thing with weak joints and the plates broke off, if you want to pick them up you should have no problem... As long as you don't control Light Magic"

He then turns to Snowflake and clears his throat

"Do you remember what happened to everyguard? mean, how did they get like this? Did they hurt you in that fight? if they did they'll- ..... "
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #946
    Titan in the Playground

Hover adjust her seat and plops down. A tug of the 3rd wing reveals that the wing now moves smoothly, like a hot knife on butter. It almost makes her squee.... almost.

She hasn't adjusted them since the time before the last time you got hurt.
    Sandy stopped his inspection and looked up from the console. "Really? Not since the dragon?" He was only maybe halfway through the potential calibration steps; this really was a hassle to do. Sure, they hadn't seen combat much since then, but still... "I'd have thought she'd done somethin' by now. She loves them guns like her own legs."

17. - Top - End - #947
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Sandy stopped his inspection and looked up from the console. "Really? Not since the dragon?" He was only maybe halfway through the potential calibration steps; this really was a hassle to do. Sure, they hadn't seen combat much since then, but still... "I'd have thought she'd done somethin' by now. She loves them guns like her own legs."
    "She's always saying something about the 'stupid locks not holding and needing the stupid emergency aiming system over and over. And how I need to keep the ship still because the stupid emergency system take twice as long to align for long shot' or something. I tune her out as she starts cussing after a while."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

18. - Top - End - #948
    Titan in the Playground

"She's always saying something about the 'stupid locks not holding and needing the stupid emergency aiming system over and over. And how I need to keep the ship still because the stupid emergency system take twice as long to align for long shot' or something. I tune her out as she starts cussing after a while."
    Sandy frowned, his calibration list growing longer and longer. "Well that's no good. I'll-"

At that moment, sparks fizzled from within the steering controls, causing the wings to shudder in the movements. Sandy cut the power with a quick blast of magic, and then started removing the panel again for another look. "I'll fix them up once we've got the bugs out of here."

19. - Top - End - #949
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Sandy frowned, his calibration list growing longer and longer. "Well that's no good. I'll-"

At that moment, sparks fizzled from within the steering controls, causing the wings to shudder in the movements. Sandy cut the power with a quick blast of magic, and then started removing the panel again for another look. "I'll fix them up once we've got the bugs out of here."
    Hover folds her hooves. "This ship is cursed. You'll be up to your ears in work, buddy."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

20. - Top - End - #950
    Titan in the Playground

Hover folds her hooves. "This ship is cursed. You'll be up to your ears in work, buddy."
    Sandy grinned to himself. "Wouldn't want it any other way." His horn blinked, then shone a steady beam of light into the bowels of the wiring. A few errant sparks drew his attention to the far side. "What have we got here? Looks like a loose screw or somethin', that'd cause a short alright." He nudged the wires away with a set of pliers, revealing the offending bolt. It looked like it wasn't even holding anything in, just a random, spare bolt. He'd fix that up straightaway. With a little magic, he sanded down the bolt to loosen it up before grabbing it with the pliers. But the Cirrus was never one to give up without a fight. The stubborn bolt clung on as he wrenched and pulled. "Come on...just a little more...startin' to give..."

And then the bolt snapped free, sending pony and pliers tumbling flank over teakettle, crashing to a stop against a nearby wall. Sandy slowly sat up, holding a hoof to his neck. On the floor, the tip of the needle-nose pliers was stained red.

21. - Top - End - #951
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post

She licked Amber's ear. Good to know. She whispered before backing off. Enjoy your movie or whatever. I'm gonna go practice my Weeping Angel.
    "Alright. See you around Hay Bale." Mystic said and turned to Amber Grain. "So, what kind of movie would you like to see? And what would you like to do besides a movie? Just a movie strikes me as kinda boring." Mystic says, hoping the mare would like a day with Mystic just to herself.

Gwynfillion stopped in her tracks for a moment as Soft gave her a quick smooch on the cheek. Her expression softened for a moment, eyes just a little round. She then quickly reverted to a set of furrowed brows. "Yea...yea...whatever....let's just hope it does get exciting." She let out a harumph. She then turned around and placed her hoof on her cheek where Soft had kissed it.
    Soft was kinda hoping it would get exciting too, if only so Gwyn didn't consider this a complete waste of time. Though, in her heart, she really just wanted this to be a peaceful walk where she could be as close to the marebeast as possible. She was oblivious to Gwyn placing her hoof on the spot where Soft had kissed her cheek. Soft doesn't realize just how Tsundere for her Gwynfillion really is. "Well, if you hope it gets exciting, I hope it gets exciting too." she said.

22. - Top - End - #952
    Troll in the Playground

"I... see," Silverpine answered, shifting uncomfortably. "Something troubling you, captain?"

"No, maybe...."
    She continued to wanly smile, the atmosphere ripe-ly dramatic, wind blowing, etc etc orange hue. The whole shebang. "Ack, nevermind, I think I'm just being angsty right now." She lightly chuckled bringing her hoof to her mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Muse View Post
    "Alright. See you around Hay Bale." Mystic said and turned to Amber Grain. "So, what kind of movie would you like to see? And what would you like to do besides a movie? Just a movie strikes me as kinda boring." Mystic says, hoping the mare would like a day with Mystic just to herself.
    "What? We're going today? I mean...okay," She had thought it would be a future date, as did Benson. "Well, whatever you like could be fine....and I guess a nice dinner too."

Soft was kinda hoping it would get exciting too, if only so Gwyn didn't consider this a complete waste of time. Though, in her heart, she really just wanted this to be a peaceful walk where she could be as close to the marebeast as possible. She was oblivious to Gwyn placing her hoof on the spot where Soft had kissed her cheek. Soft doesn't realize just how Tsundere for her Gwynfillion really is. "Well, if you hope it gets exciting, I hope it gets exciting too." she said.

"Really? Or are you just saying that?"
    Gwynfillion questioned with an inquisitive brow.

23. - Top - End - #953
    Titan in the Playground

"What? We're going today? I mean...okay," She had thought it would be a future date, as did Benson. "Well, whatever you like could be fine....and I guess a nice dinner too."
    "I guess I didn't make myself too clear. I want it to be for a future date, but I like planning things out ahead of time." Mystic says.

"Really? Or are you just saying that?"
    Gwynfillion questioned with an inquisitive brow.
    "...I think I'm just saying that. Honestly, I'd like to be able to do more date-like things with you, and not have any sort of pretense about doing something else you might find more appealing. Encountering something wasn't a pretense at first, but at this point I'd much prefer this just being a relaxing walk." Soft confesses.

24. - Top - End - #954
    Troll in the Playground

"I guess I didn't make myself too clear. I want it to be for a future date, but I like planning things out ahead of time." Mystic says.
    "Oh...I....my apologies ma'am, I misunderstood," She said bowing her head a bit.

"...I think I'm just saying that. Honestly, I'd like to be able to do more date-like things with you, and not have any sort of pretense about doing something else you might find more appealing. Encountering something wasn't a pretense at first, but at this point I'd much prefer this just being a relaxing walk." Soft confesses.

"Oh...well.....I.....don't really have much experience with these date things still.....I still remember when we went to the fancy restaurant and stuff....and danced....but....I dunno....where I'm going with this,"
    She furrowed her brows and slumped her shoulders for a second before straightening herself out.

25. - Top - End - #955
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh...I....my apologies ma'am, I misunderstood," She said bowing her head a bit.
    "It's okay. So, watchya wanna do?" Mystic asks.

"Oh...well.....I.....don't really have much experience with these date things still.....I still remember when we went to the fancy restaurant and stuff....and danced....but....I dunno....where I'm going with this,"
    She furrowed her brows and slumped her shoulders for a second before straightening herself out.
    "Would you like to try dancing again?" Soft asked with hopeful eyes. As long as Gwyn had learned to follow or lead by now, it should go better than last time. Though, to be fair, last time Soft was at least a little drunk, and there was a big-flank fountain that they fell into.

26. - Top - End - #956
    Troll in the Playground

"It's okay. So, watchya wanna do?" Mystic asks.
    "Oh...I...I don't know....I was just going to...find a book to read, tend to you, in no particular order," She replied sheepishly. It was then at that moment somepony rang the doorbell to Mystic's manor.

"Would you like to try dancing again?" Soft asked with hopeful eyes. As long as Gwyn had learned to follow or lead by now, it should go better than last time. Though, to be fair, last time Soft was at least a little drunk, and there was a big-flank fountain that they fell into.

"Seriously? Like right here in the forest full of nasty beasts?"
    She asked the cyan mare incredulously.

27. - Top - End - #957
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Sandy grinned to himself. "Wouldn't want it any other way." His horn blinked, then shone a steady beam of light into the bowels of the wiring. A few errant sparks drew his attention to the far side. "What have we got here? Looks like a loose screw or somethin', that'd cause a short alright." He nudged the wires away with a set of pliers, revealing the offending bolt. It looked like it wasn't even holding anything in, just a random, spare bolt. He'd fix that up straightaway. With a little magic, he sanded down the bolt to loosen it up before grabbing it with the pliers. But the Cirrus was never one to give up without a fight. The stubborn bolt clung on as he wrenched and pulled. "Come on...just a little more...startin' to give..."
    Hover just watches. She expected difficulty. But not calamity. Well no... she did. She always expects calamity. Horrible calamity.

And then the bolt snapped free, sending pony and pliers tumbling flank over teakettle, crashing to a stop against a nearby wall. Sandy slowly sat up, holding a hoof to his neck. On the floor, the tip of the needle-nose pliers was stained red.
    "Sweet Celestia, Sandy. You alright." She says running to his side.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

28. - Top - End - #958
    Titan in the Playground

Hover just watches. She expected difficulty. But not calamity. Well no... she did. She always expects calamity. Horrible calamity.

"Sweet Celestia, Sandy. You alright." She says running to his side.
    Sandy forced a grin with gritted teeth. "Nghh, yeah, yeah, I'm good. Just a lil' love tap from Cirrus is all." He withdrew his hoof and frowned; blood was mixed in with his blue coat. "How bad does it look?" he asked, offering Hover a look at his neck.

Hover would see just how close to a serious injury Sandy had come. Two small, round holes oozed blood on either side of his jugular vein. A hair to the right or left, and he'd be bleeding out. The pliers must've pierced his neck in the tumble, and only the grace of Luna kept them from plunging into his throat. As it stood, the wound was shallow, and easily treatable.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-05-25 at 07:11 AM.

29. - Top - End - #959
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Sandy forced a grin with gritted teeth. "Nghh, yeah, yeah, I'm good. Just a lil' love tap from Cirrus is all." He withdrew his hoof and frowned; blood was mixed in with his blue coat. "How bad does it look?" he asked, offering Hover a look at his neck.

Hover would see just how close to a serious injury Sandy had come. Two small, round holes oozed blood on either side of his jugular vein. A hair to the right or left, and he'd be bleeding out. The pliers must've pierced his neck in the tumble, and only the grace of Luna kept them from plunging into his throat. As it stood, the wound was shallow, and easily treatable.
    The pilot moves close to look. She recognizes how close Sandy was to death. But Hover is not the gasping type. She just rolls her eyes.

"You wont die. Almost did. Will need first aid. Too bad, you were this close to leaving the manuresack world. You are unlucky, aren't you?"
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

30. - Top - End - #960
    Titan in the Playground

The pilot moves close to look. She recognizes how close Sandy was to death. But Hover is not the gasping type. She just rolls her eyes.

"You wont die. Almost did. Will need first aid. Too bad, you were this close to leaving the manuresack world. You are unlucky, aren't you?"
    Sandy just chuckled and wiped the blood off his pliers, getting a little stain on one of his sleeves. "If I were unlucky, I'd be all sorts of dead by now." Guess he was going to see Sunny earlier than he thought. He trot-hopped over to the door, using one of his forehooves to keep the wound from bleeding all over the place. "I'll be by t'start on the weapons once I'm patched up. Give the wings another spin an' tell me if anythin' goes wrong."