New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2035363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 1473
  1. - Top - End - #1321
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [FWM] As Equestria Turns:MLP Without the Kiddy Thread X

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post
    Rainbow just taps him on the nose. "Tag. You're... it."
    Well, at least she didn't seem to be struggling. Sandy tucked her in, nice and cozy with his magic. "Aye, y'got me. Good game, you win an' all that. Now, it's gettin' late, an' it's really...um, past your bedtime now." He gently stroked her mane, hoping it would calm her down after their game.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-06-07 at 08:20 PM.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

2. - Top - End - #1322
    Troll in the Playground

"Thank you Miss Aubade. Ah will bring back some cinnamon for ye." said Lockbed as she is lead out.

And so afterwards the pair walked a couple of blocks before the busy town life became more predominant. He hailed a carriage for them and aided Lochbed on trying to be a proper gentlecolt. He instructed the carriage puller the destination and then smooched Lochbed on the cheek.

"So, how are you doing?"
    He asked as they rode off.

3. - Top - End - #1323
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin360 View Post
    ”Let‘s just say there are much scarier things in this world, and that me and my friends have stomped them all.” He leads her to Pony Jim(?)’s ice cream bar and orders himself some water.

”Two, huh? Sounds like he‘s got chops. I remember when dragons were all the rage. Go in, have a chat, have a tussle. The dragon gets un-bored, the crew learns a few things, and everypony goes home satisfied. The hoard isn‘t bad either, if the dragon decides to chip in. Rare, but pleasant.”
    "Oh well, he told me he found them in a swamp and they just attacked him, lucky, he got a horde of monsters to unleash his angst on...."

"what kind of things are worse than an army of dark soldiers with superpowered dark armor? an army of aliens?"

She doesn't order anything and seems really confused when looking at the prices
    Last edited by Luka; 2012-06-07 at 08:41 PM.
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #1324
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Well, at least she didn't seem to be struggling. Sandy tucked her in, nice and cozy with his magic. "Aye, y'got me. Good game, you win an' all that. Now, it's gettin' late, an' it's really...um, past your bedtime now." He gently stroked her mane, hoping it would calm her down after their game.
    "But." Rainbow yawns and weakly reached in the direction of her crossbow. The strong scent of alcohol wisps off her hoof. "I still have 2 hours of guard duty left."

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    And so afterwards the pair walked a couple of blocks before the busy town life became more predominant. He hailed a carriage for them and aided Lochbed on trying to be a proper gentlecolt. He instructed the carriage puller the destination and then smooched Lochbed on the cheek.

"So, how are you doing?"
    He asked as they rode off.
    Lockbed plays off the kiss as nothing. "Ah am fine now. It was a boring day but things be picking up. So what is the cinema about? Ah only witnessed the place from the outside." She adjusted her beret and shifted it's color a hue lighter to match the darkness of the inside of the cab.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

5. - Top - End - #1325
    Titan in the Playground

"But." Rainbow yawns and weakly reached in the direction of her crossbow. The strong scent of alcohol wisps off her hoof. "I still have 2 hours of guard duty left."
    Sandy shuddered to think the state they'd be in if they were attacked and Rainbow was like...well, this. Yet again, he had to just grin and bear it. He took her hoof in his and gently laid it back on the bed. "Shhhhh...I'll get the security systems up early, an' do a lil' patrolling myself. You just...lie here an' rest."

6. - Top - End - #1326
    Troll in the Playground

Lockbed plays off the kiss as nothing. "Ah am fine now. It was a boring day but things be picking up. So what is the cinema about? Ah only witnessed the place from the outside." She adjusted her beret and shifted it's color a hue lighter to match the darkness of the inside of the cab.

"Well, the film we're gonna see, is an adaption of those Derring Do novels, popular novels from some years ago, so, an adventure tale,"
    He nodded as the wheels moving over cobblestone made a rhymatic clop clop clop.

7. - Top - End - #1327
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Sandy shuddered to think the state they'd be in if they were attacked and Rainbow was like...well, this. Yet again, he had to just grin and bear it. He took her hoof in his and gently laid it back on the bed. "Shhhhh...I'll get the security systems up early, an' do a lil' patrolling myself. You just...lie here an' rest."
    "But.. but... I have to watch out for you. Watch you, soldier." She reaches out for her crossbow again. "Pass me my weapon."

"Well, the film we're gonna see, is an adaption of those Derring Do novels, popular novels from some years ago, so, an adventure tale,"
    He nodded as the wheels moving over cobblestone made a rhymatic clop clop clop.
    "No-vel?" All of this is new to her. A week ago she was but a corpse eating stay animal on the fringe of pony society. Now she is a noble's filly. "Is that a food."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

8. - Top - End - #1328
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Elf Bard View Post
    [The Outskirts of Bridle Shores0

The forest rustles and a small zebra carefully tiptoes out. A medley of small rabbits follow her, but she waves them back in. Yohanna trots up to the town, yawning and looking for someone.
    She would be stopped at the town gate by one of the guards. "Who goes there? State your name and intentions in this town."

"But.. but... I have to watch out for you. Watch you, soldier." She reaches out for her crossbow again. "Pass me my weapon."
    "An' your guns'll be doin' just that. They can fire automatically, remember?" Sandy strained to keep a smile on his face. He glanced around the room, trying to see if there were any visible clocks in here. "Would it...make you feel better if'n I stayed here 'till your shift was done?"

9. - Top - End - #1329
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"An' your guns'll be doin' just that. They can fire automatically, remember?" Sandy strained to keep a smile on his face. He glanced around the room, trying to see if there were any visible clocks in here. "Would it...make you feel better if'n I stayed here 'till your shift was done?"
    An alarm clock is buried under a small pile of bottles and glasses. The glass cover for the face is cracked, probably from Rainbow tossing something at to shut it off. But it still works. Tick tock.

"Yes, stay. That's... an order. One of us has to protect the ship ... in case pirates. Or ninja. Or is it ninjae?"
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

10. - Top - End - #1330
    Troll in the Playground

"No-vel?" All of this is new to her. A week ago she was but a corpse eating stay animal on the fringe of pony society. Now she is a noble's filly. "Is that a food."

"Its a book, sometimes a long book,"
    Ember answered patted her hoof.

11. - Top - End - #1331
    Titan in the Playground

An alarm clock is buried under a small pile of bottles and glasses. The glass cover for the face is cracked, probably from Rainbow tossing something at to shut it off. But it still works. Tick tock.

"Yes, stay. That's... an order. One of us has to protect the ship ... in case pirates. Or ninja. Or is it ninjae?"
    Sandy sighed and sat down next to her bed, his mane within easy reach of her hoof. "Aye, 2nd Lieutenant. Somethin' like that." he said in what had to be the most half-hearted acceptance of orders ever. With any luck, the sniper would be fast asleep soon enough. To give her a little encouragement, he started to hum a slow, peaceful melody. One of the few songs he still remembered from back home. He hovered out the alarm clock to keep an eye on the time, but made sure to keep it out of sight of Rainbow.

12. - Top - End - #1332
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    "Oh well, he told me he found them in a swamp and they just attacked him, lucky, he got a horde of monsters to unleash his angst on...."

"what kind of things are worse than an army of dark soldiers with superpowered dark armor? an army of aliens?"

She doesn't order anything and seems really confused when looking at the prices
    "Oh, soul-stealing super-sorcerers, agitated anti-alien activists, deeply disturbed dopplegangers...and those are just the alliterative ones.

Like I remember this one time, one of our arch-nemeses - each of us had one at one point, I think Moonshine's went down the quickest, we found her in about a day - was going to time-travel and change history so he was in control of all Equestria. Even better, he had a full magic barrier up and half-completed the spell by the time we got there.

Rigs had business to take care of on the other side of the map, and Moonshine was spending time with her mother, so it was just me and Starbeam facing him down. That whole thing was a kick-and-a-half. I had my sun-armor on and we'd used some extra spells on ourselves beforehand, and the moron tried sending shadow mooks after us. I didn't even have to do anything, they just impaled themselves on my aura.

So we get to his room and he's tapping in some crystal (Starsie told me later that it was the something something of something-something, I can't remember the details), so of course I tried hitting the force field. I ah, had to get a new mace afterwards. But Starbeam takes one look at the thing and decides she's done ahd enough of this. So she teleports past it, expands her own force bubble, and knocks him into a wall.

The crystal got shattered, but really, a time vortex artifact? Never good news. Starsie gave him to our 'jail' - run by our old friend Shadowheart, and then we hit the road.

We were immediately accosted by giant spiders, but that's another story.

Personally though, I think the new crew had a more exciting time. The stories Giggles could tell you..."
    Last edited by Kelvin360; 2012-06-07 at 10:58 PM.
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

13. - Top - End - #1333
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    "You could say that," Staccata states before coming up with the right way to elaborate. "But that would drastically sweep the insanity under the rug. A lot of just plain crazy there."
    "Plain a lot of crazy everywhere after Iron Hoof," Tyrol said, walking over and giving her a fond nuzzle.

14. - Top - End - #1334
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"Its a book, sometimes a long book,"
    Ember answered patted her hoof.
    "Oh really. Ye ponies and ye books." The kelpie gave Ember a lick and laughed. "Is this cinema thing frightening?"

Sandy sighed and sat down next to her bed, his mane within easy reach of her hoof. "Aye, 2nd Lieutenant. Somethin' like that." he said in what had to be the most half-hearted acceptance of orders ever. With any luck, the sniper would be fast asleep soon enough. To give her a little encouragement, he started to hum a slow, peaceful melody. One of the few songs he still remembered from back home. He hovered out the alarm clock to keep an eye on the time, but made sure to keep it out of sight of Rainbow.
    "Where is that.. song from.? It's a nice.. song." Rainbow tossed and turned under her blankets. If an engineer inspected the bed after that, he would notice the top of a hoof crossbow popping out of the sheets.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

15. - Top - End - #1335
    Troll in the Playground

"Oh really. Ye ponies and ye books." The kelpie gave Ember a lick and laughed. "Is this cinema thing frightening?"

"Indeed, us ponies and our books. Well, they're adapting 'Daring Do and the Quest for the Sapphire Stone and I've read the book, it might have frighting moments,"
    He replied giving her hoof a gentle squeeze. Around this time they would start seeing the old timey theatre come into view.

16. - Top - End - #1336
    Titan in the Playground

"Where is that.. song from.? It's a nice.. song." Rainbow tossed and turned under her blankets. If an engineer inspected the bed after that, he would notice the top of a hoof crossbow popping out of the sheets.
    Sandy was sitting with his side leaning against the bed, but he didn't think to inspect the sheets that closely. To him, Rainbow was still a little riled from the chase, that was all.

The engineer stopped his tune. After a few moments of silence, he simply said, "It's just...just a lil' tune from home." His hoof reached up to gently stroke her mane as his makeshift lullaby continued. Like most ponies, Sandy had a decent singing voice, and a respectable hum too. Much like the pony behind it, the song stayed simple and sweet, no real fancy pitch work, no notes that reached too high or too low. Just kept to a nice, soothing melody.

17. - Top - End - #1337
    Bugbear in the Playground

She would be stopped at the town gate by one of the guards. "Who goes there? State your name and intentions in this town."
    Yohanna has a Fluttershy-esque voice: small and meek

Oh.... um... I was looking for a place to stay for the night. A-and my name is Yohanna.
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is the thief who likes to hoard,
    That loves the bard with the puppet Lord
    That admires the fighter with the green-hilted sword,
    That employs the Wizard, whose bird is ignored,
    That has the gender unexplored
    That intrigues the Halfling, usually bored,
    That slew a mountain of the goblin horde,
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,
    That lives in the prison the gods built.

guess what I was gone but now I'm back

18. - Top - End - #1338
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    "Plain a lot of crazy everywhere after Iron Hoof," Tyrol said, walking over and giving her a fond nuzzle.
    Staccata leans into the nuzzle and reciprocates. Tyrol was getting good at pleasant little surprises like that. She doesn't, however, say anything to ruin the moment.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

19. - Top - End - #1339
    Titan in the Playground

Yohanna has a Fluttershy-esque voice: small and meek

Oh.... um... I was looking for a place to stay for the night. A-and my name is Yohanna.
    The guard took out a clipboard, taking down her information. "Yo...ha...na...got it. There's an inn near the center of town. If you haven't got the bits for that, there's the Civic Center. Less fancy, but you get what you pay for. Don't cause any trouble, and you'll get along fine." The typical new person spiel, with a little addendum for the young zebra girl. "If you get into any sort of trouble, shout for the guards and help'll be there shortly. We're on patrol 24/7."

20. - Top - End - #1340
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Lochbed

The kelpie's eyes open wide in amazement. Despite its old appearance, the theater strikes her with awe. She points to it in a "Is that really where we are going?" fashion.

Rainbow

"Its a nice song but... you don't have to sing to me. You are my coltfriend not my sire. " the sniper cuddles her deadly weapon and yawns.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

21. - Top - End - #1341
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Staccata leans into the nuzzle and reciprocates. Tyrol was getting good at pleasant little surprises like that. She doesn't, however, say anything to ruin the moment.
    (I think we can end the day here and maybe join up with the main timeline. That is assuming I'm not wrong that we're the only one in the evening time here.)

Tyrol yawned a little, and glanced at the clock. "Well, I guess we better be getting to bed. Shall we?" He held a hoof out, as if to lead her like to a dance.

22. - Top - End - #1342
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    (I think we can end the day here and maybe join up with the main timeline. That is assuming I'm not wrong that we're the only one in the evening time here.)

Tyrol yawned a little, and glanced at the clock. "Well, I guess we better be getting to bed. Shall we?" He held a hoof out, as if to lead her like to a dance.
    "My my such a gentlecolt," Staccata replies while taking his hoof. Hopefully this will fix the temporal weirdness.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

23. - Top - End - #1343
    Bugbear in the Playground

The guard took out a clipboard, taking down her information. "Yo...ha...na...got it. There's an inn near the center of town. If you haven't got the bits for that, there's the Civic Center. Less fancy, but you get what you pay for. Don't cause any trouble, and you'll get along fine." The typical new person spiel, with a little addendum for the young zebra girl. "If you get into any sort of trouble, shout for the guards and help'll be there shortly. We're on patrol 24/7."
    Bits? What are bits?
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is the thief who likes to hoard,
    That loves the bard with the puppet Lord
    That admires the fighter with the green-hilted sword,
    That employs the Wizard, whose bird is ignored,
    That has the gender unexplored
    That intrigues the Halfling, usually bored,
    That slew a mountain of the goblin horde,
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,
    That lives in the prison the gods built.

guess what I was gone but now I'm back

24. - Top - End - #1344

"Oh, soul-stealing super-sorcerers, agitated anti-alien activists, deeply disturbed dopplegangers...and those are just the alliterative ones.

Like I remember this one time, one of our arch-nemeses - each of us had one at one point, I think Moonshine's went down the quickest, we found her in about a day - was going to time-travel and change history so he was in control of all Equestria. Even better, he had a full magic barrier up and half-completed the spell by the time we got there.

Rigs had business to take care of on the other side of the map, and Moonshine was spending time with her mother, so it was just me and Starbeam facing him down. That whole thing was a kick-and-a-half. I had my sun-armor on and we'd used some extra spells on ourselves beforehand, and the moron tried sending shadow mooks after us. I didn't even have to do anything, they just impaled themselves on my aura.

So we get to his room and he's tapping in some crystal (Starsie told me later that it was the something something of something-something, I can't remember the details), so of course I tried hitting the force field. I ah, had to get a new mace afterwards. But Starbeam takes one look at the thing and decides she's done ahd enough of this. So she teleports past it, expands her own force bubble, and knocks him into a wall.

The crystal got shattered, but really, a time vortex artifact? Never good news. Starsie gave him to our 'jail' - run by our old friend Shadowheart, and then we hit the road.

We were immediately accosted by giant spiders, but that's another story.

Personally though, I think the new crew had a more exciting time. The stories Giggles could tell you..."
    ".... Just that? That's not worse than an army
    But it seems like you had some fun, All I've been doing back in the village was practicing magic, fighting and both"

She looks at the prices again
    "Um.... could I ask something?
    ....What are... "bits"?"
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #1345
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    ".... Just that? That's not worse than an army
    But it seems like you had some fun, All I've been doing back in the village was practicing magic, fighting and both"

She looks at the prices again
    "Um.... could I ask something?
    ....What are... "bits"?"
    "Well you can't exactly just walk up and bash a time-travelling evil dictator, either." He pulls out some bits. "These are currency. You trade them for goods or services in the right places. Always good to have some on hoof, unless you meet a robber." He puts them back and hands her asack of them. "I'm going to assume you don't have any, though, since you asked. Keep these around, though. They're that useful." He sips some water.

"What kind of magic do you use, exactly?"
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

26. - Top - End - #1346

"Well you can't exactly just walk up and bash a time-travelling evil dictator, either." He pulls out some bits. "These are currency. You trade them for goods or services in the right places. Always good to have some on hoof, unless you meet a robber." He puts them back and hands her asack of them. "I'm going to assume you don't have any, though, since you asked. Keep these around, though. They're that useful." He sips some water.

"What kind of magic do you use, exactly?"
    she grabbed the sack
    "Um....thanks"
    "Light magic, also a bit of arcane, but mostly Light based magic, using different sources for it rather than just the princesses"
    Last edited by Luka; 2012-06-08 at 07:43 PM.
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #1347
    Troll in the Playground

Lochbed

The kelpie's eyes open wide in amazement. Despite its old appearance, the theater strikes her with awe. She points to it in a "Is that really where we are going?" fashion.
    "Yep," He replied taking enjoyment from the cute look of wonder in her eyes. He pecked her cheek as the carriage came to a clip clop halt. He paid the carriage puller and hopped off and went around to the other side and extended his hoof help Lochbed down. "Ma'am."

The theatre itself was very Foalywood in aesthetics, with many lights and a red carpet around the entrance. There were a few ponies in line at the box office, etc etc.

28. - Top - End - #1348
    Titan in the Playground

Rainbow [/B]
    "Its a nice song but... you don't have to sing to me. You are my coltfriend not my sire. " the sniper cuddles her deadly weapon and yawns.
    Sandy stopped his song on the next verse. "...as you wish." he said quietly. He'd continue to just sit there, leaning against her bed, waiting for her to fall asleep.

Bits? What are bits?
    The guard scratched his head. "Hooo boy, one of these types. Uh, bits are...well, when you want something from somepony else, say food, a stay at the inn, clothes, stuff like that, you trade them coins called bits." He took out one from his pocket to show as an example. "Then they can trade with other ponies for things, and so on and so forth. Any other questions?"

29. - Top - End - #1349
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"Yep," He replied taking enjoyment from the cute look of wonder in her eyes. He pecked her cheek as the carriage came to a clip clop halt. He paid the carriage puller and hopped off and went around to the other side and extended his hoof help Lochbed down. "Ma'am."

The theatre itself was very Foalywood in aesthetics, with many lights and a red carpet around the entrance. There were a few ponies in line at the box office, etc etc.
    The kelpie took the colt-stallion's hoof and descended from the cab. "Thank ye, kind pony."

The lights bring a sense of amazement onto the fae. It makes her eager. And so anxious. "Can we go in now"

Sandy stopped his song on the next verse. "...as you wish." he said quietly. He'd continue to just sit there, leaning against her bed, waiting for her to fall asleep.
    Rainbow reaches once more and gets nothing but brown mane. "...night soldier. Premature.. shift termination." is said before very soft snoring.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

30. - Top - End - #1350
    Troll in the Playground

The kelpie took the colt-stallion's hoof and descended from the cab. "Thank ye, kind pony."

The lights bring a sense of amazement onto the fae. It makes her eager. And so anxious. "Can we go in now"

"Not yet, we gotta buy the tickets first,"
    He nuzzled her and lead her to the back of the line. There all sorts of ponies there. Some with their families, friends, some with dates, some by themselves. Noises, noises everywhere, and sights and smells. Ember watched in amusement as a mom snuck some boxes of candy in their purse, considering concession foods were extra pricey.