New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 21363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 1477
  1. - Top - End - #1351
    Spamalot in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony 2F: Ponibooru, We Hardly Knew Ye...

Quote Originally Posted by Merellis View Post
    And that my friends is why Luna is best pony.
    But of course! There was never any doubt. ^^;
    **Red sniper dot slowly backs away from Digo's head**

Quote Originally Posted by thubby View Post
    it's social convention that has a lot to do with basic biology. the older brother usually is bigger, stronger, and better at most things by nature of just being older.
    If only it were always true...

Quote Originally Posted by Kd7sov View Post
    But picking a party is not something I felt suited to do.
    I get what you mean. One of those odd RPG conventions that you have a large group, but only up to N members can go anywhere at a time. I recall Chrono Trigger had some odd lampshaded explanation on that, something about the time vortex can only handle up to 3 people at a time or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Merellis View Post
    Challenge!
    Can Ponies in the Playground create a WORSE name for Lightmare Celestia?
    Sunny Daze?
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

2. - Top - End - #1352
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Siosilvar View Post
    Hasbro Marketing is best troll.
    I'm imagining Iron Will in a suit as the Marketing Director...
    "If our fans want canon, we mess with their head-fanon!"

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Language question: Do ponies speak Equestrian, Common, Basic, or Pony?
    As I'm playing Trixie in a GURPS RPG, I wrote her language down as "Equestrian", which sounds pretty much like American English with different slang terminology. The question has come up in-game about that, lamp-shaded for Rule of Funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Yes it should have. Or had Trixie come back as Mare Do Well. Its not like they could make that episode worse.
    Actually, I think the episode Would be better if one replaces Dash with Trixie and let Dash get in on the Mare Do Well act. The Mane-6 then teaches Trixie about showing off and being best pony, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    And isn't salt the pony equivalant of alchohol? (cf. Applaloosa?)
    ... What ...
    *Brain scramble*
    Haha. I have a friend who owns an old NES game, "Beer Time" or something along that line where you have to serve beer to all the customers before time runs out or they get angry.
    So you're idea isn't too far fetched.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    [Saucy]
    Apple Saucy? (/Ralph Wiggum)
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

3. - Top - End - #1353
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Thanks for the ponies. They help.
    *Hugs*

Maaaaaaaaagggeeeeeee.

4. - Top - End - #1354
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Khosan View Post
    I am no longer affiliated with the ongoing Pony Harvest Moon project
    !!

Why not? It hasn't been canceled, has it?
    Level 4 Bibliophile/Level 3 Bard, working toward the Bibliomancer Prestige Class

Brandon Sanderson recommender... In The Playground!

5. - Top - End - #1355
    Troll in the Playground

Haven't read the thread through yet, just felt like telling you guys that I made it home from Bronycon safe and sound.

It was the best weekend I've ever had. If ever anyone asks me the question "What was the best moment of your life?" I will no longer Um and Ah. I will say "Meeting and hanging out with some of the most awesome people in existance at the best Con in the world."

And now if you'll excuse me, I need to go sleep for 48 hours or so. *thunk*
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

6. - Top - End - #1356
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Some BronyCon highlights:

John de Lancie ripping on Fox News. Awesome.
    THERE YOU ARE!
    Ach. You were impossible to find @.@
    I even resorted. To going up to people and asking about their screen names. No dice1.

The amount of cheering for de Lancie whenever he entered, and during the closing ceremonies. It was more than everyone put together, even Lauren and Tara. It was odd. I understand his mark with Trekkies, but I didn't think that would translate here. Discord is not that huge, so it seems really weird for him to get that kind of response.
    Delancie touches On What we all saw when we first started. Not quite memes, no quite in-jokes, not quite nifty fanon, just ruthless, in-the-moment optimism. Delancie rekindles that when you see him. It's like watching a loved one open the perfect gift.

All in all, rather disappointing. I subscribe to the notion that seeing a band live on TV is much better than seeing them live live. It wouldn't have been so bad if it wasn't an eight hour drive each way. And I was being treated for the ride, so I couldn't justify spending any money without a job. Really all I wanted to do was meet Tara Strong, but I didn't get to. The panels I saw were good, but like I said I missed a lot due to not being around for the first day.
    This I agree with. If I was not going with friends, would have been a waste. I'm doubly sorry we couldn't find you, I'd like to think a purple hours over a meal would have improved your trip considerably

Oh, last thing. The people that actually go to the convention. At least 80% of them are what you would expect them to be. As much as I hate stereotyping, it's somewhat true. I don't know about the other hundreds of thousands of fans, but the ones dedicated enough to go and spend (a lot of) money are the ones you would kind of expect to be there. And while I was hearing John de Lancie say the words "you people will change the world", I had to look around and think "are you sure about that?'. He admitted he barely knew anything about us, and flat out said he didn't even remember acting on the show. And he couldn't even think of a single line of his when put on the spot. I'm not saying he's not sincere, but it's odd to see him being so positive about it.

But I'm probably wrong, I'm such a pessimist.
    Well, yeah. That's natural.
    There are people who think Love & tolerance means a smile and a Louisville slugger. There are people who dress up as Fluttershy instead of Gir or some other cute character and being a paycho who wants to light stuff on fire. There are people who will stop at surface level, change the bitmap and be satisfied. "Look!" they say, "my space marine totally has a Fluttershy cutie mark!". This is technically pony. But it's standard con stuff.

The things achieved by the other, smaller percentage are, in my mind, worthwhile. On one hoof, I wen to a convention, heeled out, made some tawdry jokes and drank coffee at a convention center. On the other hoof, I helped a bunch of friends get together and har a good time, bond over obscure references, and destress while refilling the Friendship tanks to get them through the next while. That's where I'm focusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post
    I find myself in this same camp. Ponies take up a large portion of my time, mostly from fanfiction and the forum, but the only one who has a clue that I like the show are my mom, my best friend, and the sister who lives across the country from me. (It's a lot easier to be open on Facebook than in person.) Oh, and also a girl at work--who also loves the show. The only ponies you'll find in the house are the ones on my boot screen and desktop.

It's kind of a love-shame relationship. I love it to bits, spend more time than is healthy on it, and think about it when I'm doing boring stuff. At the same time, the walking around in anything more than stealth brony stuff fills me with shame. (On that topic, I'm considering getting a Derpy hoody: gray with bubbles. That's about my limit.)
    shame? Why? I can maybe understand sheepishness, shyness, but shame?
    If you're ashamed, don't do it. I can't understand a simple situation where you know there is a big emotional cost and you go in anyway.

-

Sora: Before I forget again, it was Outback Bar & Grill.

EDIT: totally fell asleep during a 503. Hahaha.

1: Diego Havoc, gentle colt and a scholar. Which is Internet-speak for childish giggling.

7. - Top - End - #1357
    Firbolg in the Playground

shame? Why? I can maybe understand sheepishness, shyness, but shame?
    If you're ashamed, don't do it. I can't understand a simple situation where you know there is a big emotional cost and you go in anyway.
    There you go. That expresses it a lot better than shame.
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

8. - Top - End - #1358
    Banned

Braz informs me my last post has all of the typos. I have informed Braz I will fix it when I have all of the sleeps.

This I my ransom demand, ponythread. I will give you back your grammars wen you give me all of your sleeps.

Quote Originally Posted by Khosan View Post
    Man, I do not have the patience for art that I used to. Especially when I feel like it's something I have to do and not just want to do.

Spoiler
    Show

Don't mind the shaded lines on their back ends in up-left and up-right. That'll be covered by a tail, any tail.

Anyway, since I am no longer affiliated with the ongoing Pony Harvest Moon project, I figured I'd do something else with my summer. And that's where the above came from.

I wanted that stuff to be done sooner, but couldn't manage it. Now that I have the uber basics out of the way, I can actually get on to programming, which I'm much more comfortable with.
    I totally understand the whole 'art sucks when it's mandatory' bit.
    What are you working on? I remember discussion o whether you should do a competing product, but no definitive results.

Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    It's just for messing around.
    Suuuuuuure.
    Also you're totally not Thanqol. I was quoting Thanqol. No fun.
    I volunteer Tiki Snakes, who should play a mind flayer Mastigos just to ruin any chance of the_Druid_Droid getting any sleep ever

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    Haven't read the thread through yet, just felt like telling you guys that I made it home from Bronycon safe and sound.

It was the best weekend I've ever had. If ever anyone asks me the question "What was the best moment of your life?" I will no longer Um and Ah. I will say "Meeting and hanging out with some of the most awesome people in existance at the best Con in the world."

And now if you'll excuse me, I need to go sleep for 48 hours or so. *thunk*
    good to hear, mate. Hope you can pull of your temporary eternal slumber.

9. - Top - End - #1359
    Troll in the Playground

DEATHBRINGER!

Honestly I have no idea. Sorry.
    Good heavens. Somepony else reads DMFA?
    Truth resists simplicity.

10. - Top - End - #1360
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SlyGuyMcFly View Post
    Good heavens. Somepony else reads DMFA?
    I was reading DMFA from strip, what, 12? It was my very first webcomic. It also shaped a fair bit of my mind for that reason.

11. - Top - End - #1361
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    Because I hear you're writing Lyra and BonBon
    Spoiler
    Show
    Occurs to me that Bon Bon would make a good Only Sane Mare

You keep telling yourself these things and we keep not believing you.

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    This needs art of.

12. - Top - End - #1362
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    All in all, rather disappointing. I subscribe to the notion that seeing a band live on TV is much better than seeing them live live. It wouldn't have been so bad if it wasn't an eight hour drive each way. And I was being treated for the ride, so I couldn't justify spending any money without a job. Really all I wanted to do was meet Tara Strong, but I didn't get to. The panels I saw were good, but like I said I missed a lot due to not being around for the first day.
    I couldn't agree less. Again, maybe it was because it was my first con, but it was absolutely mindblowingly fantastic. Pony fanartists, pony voice actors, Lauren Faust, and all of that surrounded by people who enjoyed pony. I was expecting to be on edge all the time, but it ended up being a very comfortable environment.

Then again, eight hours of driving does drive your expectations up a lot, and you didn't get to meet Tara Strong, which would make things worse. I think I may have enjoyed the con as much as I did because I was given the opportunity to plunge in at the deep end and flail about in glee.

And while I was hearing John de Lancie say the words "you people will change the world", I had to look around and think "are you sure about that?'. He admitted he barely knew anything about us, and flat out said he didn't even remember acting on the show. And he couldn't even think of a single line of his when put on the spot. I'm not saying he's not sincere, but it's odd to see him being so positive about it.
    He did admit to not knowing a lot about Bronies, but he's been studying them; he - as Starry will tell you - was quite happy watching the spontaneous "Smile Smile Smile" dance outside on Saturday. He didn't remember acting on the show, but it was an ordinary thing for him, and now he wants to come back to do Discord again. And he was, I must admit, a bit low on steam when asked to toss out one of his lines.

He's fascinated by the fandom, that was the impression I got. He sees the good stuff, the stuff that we tend to get jaded about, the charity runs and the artists and the musicians and the happiness. And even when tired, he was still doing everything he could to - as several of the high-profile guests said - be there for us. de Lancie is one cool dude.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

13. - Top - End - #1363
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    Occurs to me that Bon Bon would make a good Only Sane Mare
    That is more or less the premise of Do Not Serve These Ponies, yes.

14. - Top - End - #1364
    Dwarf in the Playground

I dare say that the fanon here is getting to be to the level of Harry Potter (imo). The amount of fanfics and art is growing more each day. That being said I have read more fics about this fandom then I have for other fandoms I been apart of. Heck I even started to get into drawing again so I can put up my own fan art. I still suck at art so it will take a lot of practice. I believe I am rambling in this post but that is okay.

Thanks again all and keep up the super work!!
    If any of you wish to follow me my twitter is @RetroGamer1224. I am fun but #NSFW

15. - Top - End - #1365
    Troll in the Playground

Curious; this one appears to be a G1 design. I wonder if it's someone recent working in an older style, or an older crossover?
    If you look closely, there's a little "'05" next to the signature, which would make it after G3 but before FiM came out.

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Siosilvar; 2012-07-03 at 09:34 AM.
    ze/zir | she/her

Omnia Vincit Amor

16. - Top - End - #1366
    Titan in the Playground

I was reading DMFA from strip, what, 12? It was my very first webcomic. It also shaped a fair bit of my mind for that reason.
    OotS was my first. xD
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

17. - Top - End - #1367
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Got off work early today because my boss has a personal vendeta against me.

Still, up at 4 am to work, so not sure about how I'm responding.

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    When is the morning for you? Because I might be asleep or in class then (my two hobbies!)
    I live on the east coast, and I get up at 4-6 am to go to work, until at least noon.

How exactly do you mess around with a Pony Avatar, if you don't mind my prying?

Luka, there's a reason you're the Element of Denial.
    As for Luka there is a reason he was nominated Element of Denial
    I can't quite express my joy at this. You win at irony.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    You keep telling yourself these things and we keep not believing you.
    Suuuuuuure.
    You seem to have a reputation, Luka.

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post

Luka loves explosions and badassery, which MLP doesn't have that much of. As a result he doesn't watch the show all that much, and denies his bronyhood (which is his choice, its not a cult).
    Or is it.
    While I certainly hope it isn't a cult, I suppose it is his choice ultimately if he wants to be a fan or not. Although I do find the avatar out of place otherwise... especially having requested a handful of versions of it, and heralding them in your signature...

I'm in the "explosions and badassery" park, too. Powerpuff Girls gave me a similar "omg it looks girly eww" response when I first saw them, but that was before 5 seconds passed and they showed themselves to be awesome kick-ass super heroes. I'd probably feel less secure in my self-righteous masculinity if I didn't enjoy it.

#2, as I see it.
    What about people with legitimate excuses for watching the show? Like spending quality time with someone else who likes it, while you enjoy their company so much you could care less what the two of you do?

The thing with the series is that as people go through it they tend to run out of reasons to not want it. Partially due to the quality of the show, partially due to the Brony community.
    Eh... not being into it / unable to take that much -cute- / it's a show about ponies probably won't be capable of being refuited on their own for a while. It's how much said reasons affect you that seems to count there.

Though you guys don't seem to be a bad piece of the community, I guess. What exactly counts as being involved in the community? The internet is just a time sink for me.

Now what makes a Brony?
    1. Someone who is at least somewhat involved in the online community in any way. Posting here does count but it has to be continual involvement .
    2. Someone who enjoys ponies/ponified things. Not necessarily everything that is pony but most pony things.
    3. Someone who has first-hand knowledge of the show either through episodes or just episode clips
    >.< ... I don't like your definitions. >.> and not just because I would technically fit all of them. <.<

My opinion on bronies and the definition thereof: You are a brony if you want to be. It's more a matter of self-definition than any "watch four episodes, post on the forum, read a fanfic, and you'll get your brony badge in the mail" thing.
    They probably do have a brony badge somewhere... fandoms have everything...

If I had to pick a concrete definition, I'd probably say that you've watched at least the first few episodes, have a favorite pony, and perhaps have started a personal fanon.
    What's a fanon? Just out of curiosity; I've never heard that word before.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Mirrsen View Post
    My stance on "brony" is that I don't like the term. It's kind of like a label, to be pasted onto everyone even tangentially related to the show with wild abandon. I prefer to consider myself "a proponent of ponies". I like the show, I like the community, and am willing to defend both against attacks and abuse, but I still prefer to keep my distance, without getting tangled in it all too much. I'm pretty far from what the stereotype for "brony" entails, so I don't identify with it.

In short, I am what I am, and that's all that I am. It's that simple.
    .... is it me, am I wrong for visualising this racially? I don't consider myself "black black", even if my skin is dark. I'm just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    Well, I kind of draw the line with any fandom. Going to con's, publicly reffering to oneself as whatever fan term you might come up with, ect. I, among other things, am very much keeping the whole "pony" thing away from those close to me. Not budging on the issue. I love the fandom to death, but I love a lot of things. And so far, nothing has conviced me to decend into the final circle of geekdom go to a fan event.
    Heh. That reminds me of today. An employee caught me on break with my phone reading my subscriptions, including this one. I threatened him (off camera, of course) that I'd crush his wind-pipe if he told a soul.

I find myself in this same camp. Ponies take up a large portion of my time, mostly from fanfiction and the forum, but the only one who has a clue that I like the show are my mom, my best friend, and the sister who lives across the country from me. (It's a lot easier to be open on Facebook than in person.) Oh, and also a girl at work--who also loves the show. The only ponies you'll find in the house are the ones on my boot screen and desktop.

It's kind of a love-shame relationship. I love it to bits, spend more time than is healthy on it, and think about it when I'm doing boring stuff. At the same time, the walking around in anything more than stealth brony stuff fills me with shame. (On that topic, I'm considering getting a Derpy hoody: gray with bubbles. That's about my limit.)
    Just one of my many time sinks, and not my most prominent one, that's for certain. -STILL- can't freaking put down Kid Icarus Uprising...

Curses! My evil plan to destroy ponythread while Space Lich is gone is ruined! THIS IS THE WORST POSSIBLE THING!
    Should I know what that means by now? I feel like that's a joke from the show.

Go for it!
    That's another vote... I guess I will if enough people wouldn't mind the clutter...

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    Samus Ponies!!
    Spoiler
    Show

Curious; this one appears to be a G1 design. I wonder if it's someone recent working in an older style, or an older crossover?
    Quote Originally Posted by Siosilvar View Post
    If you look closely, there's a little "'05" next to the signature, which would make it after G3 but before FiM came out.
    Don't care; Samus Ponies!!!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Maxtronaut View Post
    Sorry Po. I haven't seen 1 episode of TLoK. Nor have I seen past that underground "love cave" episode of TLA. Does anypony know what I'm talking about?

However, I may be getting an idea for another fic of my own...
    Never been one for fics, but the Avatar is awesome! Better than those blue cat creatures, anyway.
    You can call me anything. I've been called Inkin, Nono, INo, Names, and NoKnow so far.

As of 7/20, I've gotten help in trying to get past a physical addiction that's been eating at my time, and finished recovering from a spot of trouble that ended up eeking into Self-Harm. I'm doing better now; here's hoping it lasts a bit longer...

18. - Top - End - #1368
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    Ugg. You know what? I do not care. I actualy like butterscotch. My secretary is named Butterscotch. I even like pudding.

So you know what, Boffie? Send in as much pudding as you want.
    Very well, it would be my pleasure. *opens portal over Silent Night's head, dumps in another 40 gallons of pudding*

But I have a confession to make. You know what happens when you get a phenoxes ashs wet before it regenerates? It regenerates, but not in one piece. So I must wonder, what would happen if I mix yours in with sand?
    That sounds...rather unpleasant, actually.
    Oh, it's quite unpleasant. That's why I placed a contingent spell on you that will vaporize your remains, along with any interfering matter, in the event of a botched regeneration. That should allow you to re-regenerate properly.

In other news, we have opened a portal into the bottom of a active volcano.

It's above your head.

You should see the look on your ninjas faces.

About me not careing? I lied.
    GAH! Do you have any idea how long it's going to take to get this sulfur smell out of here.
    Actually, I rather like it. It reminds me of home.
    *sigh* Igor, activate the telepathic transmitter. We'll see how Silent Night enjoys having Smile Smile Smile playing in his head for the next 48 hours.
    Ook.
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

19. - Top - End - #1369
    Troll in the Playground

Siosilvar, you know how some ponies joked about you showing up in my front yard with ponies? If you could please bring a pony-shaped Air Conditioning unit to replace my broken one, that'd be... Well, yeah, you know.

Also everypony returning from con and needing sleep (and also me not getting sleep due to the aforementioned AC unit) makes me feel like singing a lulliby. Here we go!

Hush, now, quiet now, it's time to rest your sleepy head...
    "Okay, so I'm going to quick draw and dual wield these one-pound caltrops as improvised weapons..."
    ---
    "Oh, hey, look! Blue Eyes Black Lotus!" "Wait what, do you sacrifice a mana to the... Does it like, summon a... What would that card even do!?" "Oh, it's got a four-energy attack. Completely unviable in actual play, so don't worry about it."

20. - Top - End - #1370

I am alive again after some sleep.

Here are Con pictures I have taken, due to lighting (especially after the fire and lights became less bright) and being a generally horrible photographer, many picture are slightly blurry and /or dim.

For some quick highlights:

The building so filled with love that it was on fire
    Spoiler
    Show

Tara, Lauren and John in cute Hats
    Spoiler
    Show

Lauren receiving her Gift
    Spoiler
    Show

Pony threaders! I am bad with names so I will not identify who is who. Note the back of Peter New and John De Lancie hidden in the corner of the first picture.
    Spoiler
    Show

"Winning with friendship means winning at life!"
    -Mako Mankanshoku

21. - Top - End - #1371

Quote Originally Posted by INoKnowNames View Post
    What about people with legitimate excuses for watching the show? Like spending quality time with someone else who likes it, while you enjoy their company so much you could care less what the two of you do?
    I don't quite see how the question is relevant. Is "I like watching it" not a legitimate excuse? What would constitute an illegitimate excuse?

A person who likes watching the show is a person who fits my personal definition of "brony". (A person who likes watching the show, and for any of several reasons I don't understand prefers the term "pegasister", fits my personal definitions of both "brony" and "pegasister". No matter how much such may annoy them.)
    Level 4 Bibliophile/Level 3 Bard, working toward the Bibliomancer Prestige Class

Brandon Sanderson recommender... In The Playground!

22. - Top - End - #1372
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

I don't quite see how the question is relevant. Is "I like watching it" not a legitimate excuse? What would constitute an illegitimate excuse?
    I phrased that question wrong. What about people that aren't really interested, but watch it anyway for various reasons?

A person who likes watching the show is a person who fits my personal definition of "brony". (A person who likes watching the show, and for any of several reasons I don't understand prefers the term "pegasister", fits my personal definitions of both "brony" and "pegasister". No matter how much such may annoy them.)
    .... Does anyone else think of Medea whenever they hear the term Pegasister? Or is it just me?
    You can call me anything. I've been called Inkin, Nono, INo, Names, and NoKnow so far.

As of 7/20, I've gotten help in trying to get past a physical addiction that's been eating at my time, and finished recovering from a spot of trouble that ended up eeking into Self-Harm. I'm doing better now; here's hoping it lasts a bit longer...

23. - Top - End - #1373

"The. Worst. Possible. Thing." is a Rarity gag that shows up a lot in the season 2 episode "Lesson Zero." It's a silly episode.

But yah, not being in love with the show doesn't mean you can't hang around with the associated memes or whatnot. The worst-kept secret about Brony-ness is that it's an internet counter-culture meant at its core to reject the open hostility of the internet. Also ponies.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

24. - Top - End - #1374

Ever have a bad day and just feel cranky and annoyed over every little thing happening around you? Ever just want to crawl back into bed and pretend that the day never began? Ever just feel like you should avoid everyone for fear of snapping at all of them?

Position your perception upon this perfectly pink party pony pandemonium PMV and prepare for passionate smiles and perpetual giggles.

EDIT:

OH MY CELESTIA.

Ponies Anthology II - The fun has been doubled!

May or may not be safe for work, currently watching.
    Last edited by Merellis; 2012-07-03 at 11:19 AM.

25. - Top - End - #1375
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by OracleofWuffing View Post
    Siosilvar, you know how some ponies joked about you showing up in my front yard with ponies? If you could please bring a pony-shaped Air Conditioning unit to replace my broken one, that'd be... Well, yeah, you know.

Also everypony returning from con and needing sleep (and also me not getting sleep due to the aforementioned AC unit) makes me feel like singing a lulliby. Here we go!

...ouch, that sucks. Sadly, I don't exactly have the financial reserves to do that, what with shortly becoming a broke college student and all. I suggest moving your bed to the basement or a neighbor's house. Or you could break out the fans; some of the little ones (about a foot across) are surprisingly powerful.
    ze/zir | she/her

Omnia Vincit Amor

26. - Top - End - #1376
    Troll in the Playground

Awesome. It was like my... fourth webcomic ever? Hell, can't remember.Been reading it since shortly after the Spy Movie Spoof arc, if memory serves. Which admittedly it doesn't, much.

Quote Originally Posted by INoKnowNames View Post
    I phrased that question wrong. What about people that aren't really interested, but watch it anyway for various reasons?
    I assume you mean things like "geniune academic interest, I'm writing a paper on this phenomenon" or "morbid curiousity, I just wonder what the fuss is about". These do not make you a brony. You run considerable risk of becoming one, though!

As for what actually does make a person a brony.... Well, just ask yourself this:

Do you like ponies?

Well, do ya?
    Truth resists simplicity.

27. - Top - End - #1377

Quote Originally Posted by SlyGuyMcFly View Post

Do you like ponies?

Well, do ya?
    I seem to remember a Dirty Harry picture of that scene... but can't remember which pony it was.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

28. - Top - End - #1378
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    I seem to remember a Dirty Harry picture of that scene... but can't remember which pony it was.

(This probably isn't it, but still.)

S'probably this one:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Siosilvar; 2012-07-03 at 11:33 AM.
    ze/zir | she/her

Omnia Vincit Amor

29. - Top - End - #1379
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kairaven View Post
    I am alive again after some sleep.

Here are Con pictures I have taken, due to lighting (especially after the fire and lights became less bright) and being a generally horrible photographer, many picture are slightly blurry and /or dim.
    Awesome thanks!

Tara, Lauren and John in cute Hats
    Spoiler
    Show

That's awesome but I keep asking myself why no Fausticorn hat?

Pony threaders! I am bad with names so I will not identify who is who. Note the back of Peter New and John De Lancie hidden in the corner of the first picture.
    Spoiler
    Show

Alright fess up who wore the bizarrely awesome Catbus shirt?

30. - Top - End - #1380
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by OracleofWuffing View Post
    You will all fall asleep now

Also, this is very funny:
    Spoiler
    Show

And I want to see Maxtronaut shooting Thubby again

Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Zigg'rrauglurr; 2012-07-03 at 12:21 PM.
    As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero.

Blackwing: I prefer to think of myself a super-advanced flying stealth dinosaur.

Forum Explorer: Reading or watching Cupcakes is like being shot. We honor your suffering but nobody wants it to happen.