New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 22 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313247 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #631
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] GLoG 82: So Many Babies!

Main Cabin - Another Time
    Rainbow, or Niji if you want to remember her by, shakes her head.
    "No. I'm a monster."
    Her legs are suddenly surrounded by confetti, sparkling and insanely colorful, and mesmerizing, so much so that it's hard not to look at it.
    "See? Monster."
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

2. - Top - End - #632

[Main Cabin - Another Time]

A few months ago, Aiden probably would've freaked out at that. But being forced to live in the Inside streets tends to color your perspective somewhat. So instead, he just narrows his eyes in disbelief. "You control confetti, generally a very positive thing, and this makes you a monster. I would love to hear the logic behind that."

3. - Top - End - #633
    Bugbear in the Playground

Middle of the Night

The elemental nods, "I will. I'm glad everything seems to have worked out okay though. Now I just need to met up with Wenomir and see if he managed to free the last one. It was good to be able to help a bit, but now I'm starting to get really tired. I will unsummon this elemental and get some sleep." She replies. "So I guess I will see you tomorrow, great work everyone. You have done something beyond words today." And paid the price. No good deed went unpunished after all.

4. - Top - End - #634

Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post

A few months ago, Aiden probably would've freaked out at that. But being forced to live in the Inside streets tends to color your perspective somewhat. So instead, he just narrows his eyes in disbelief. "You control confetti, generally a very positive thing, and this makes you a monster. I would love to hear the logic behind that."
    "Because I...kinda also feed off people's happiness. I need it to survive but when I feed on someone's happiness...it leaves them rather sad..."
    "That's why I'm a monster, through I only feed on people who are happy because of my confetti!"
    Busy with Life

5. - Top - End - #635

"Oh, well I'm okay then." Aiden jokes, then continues. "But seriously, if you were really a monster, you would feed off of every bit of happiness you could find and take pleasure out of everyone else's sadness. Since this doesn't seem to be the case, you're not a monster."

6. - Top - End - #636
    Troll in the Playground

Wood

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    NotJamie seems sad that she isn't allowed to touch Oddball. She wiggles her fingers at him, frowning sadly.

She just wants to brush him slightly, adding his DNA to the strings she is able to access, giving her his natural abilities... yeah, might want to keep her away from pokemon.
    "...maybe you can touch him later, once I know who and what you are," Jamie says reassuringly. "Do you know where you came from?"

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

7. - Top - End - #637

"Oh, well I'm okay then." Aiden jokes, then continues. "But seriously, if you were really a monster, you would feed off of every bit of happiness you could find and take pleasure out of everyone else's sadness. Since this doesn't seem to be the case, you're not a monster."
    Rainbow doesn't add that she does get a sick sort of pleasure from making them sad, of stealing the happiness from their very bodies.
    She didn't add that she hated that feeling of pleasure.
    She didn't add a lot of things.
    "Yeah...I guess...but because of it, it took me a long time to find a job, and no one would rent me a place to live..."
    Busy with Life

8. - Top - End - #638

"Well, people are stupid. Same thing happened to me back in Chicago, although for a different reason that I will not elaborate on," Aiden says.

9. - Top - End - #639
    Ogre in the Playground

Middle Of The Night(Before Welfen or Flamecrest in Continuity)

Waterstrider ignores Cessie's words, knowing they to be true but feeling that they were hollow for the moment. The Wolfen sniffs the air and simply leaves the others to handle the slaves and arrangements. He was too exhausted in every way imaginable to even think about dealing with it and simply walks off in the direction of Renetta, his love.
    Last edited by UncleWolf; 2012-07-12 at 09:50 PM.

10. - Top - End - #640
    Troll in the Playground

Near Main Cabin

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    Near Main Cabin

No worries.

"The world is doomed to a Plague and we gotta unite and plan to stop it or..."

"And she wants me to help."

That's about what she said I think.

"I don't think I want to..." Not that that will stop him from doing so anyways.

"I know you don't," Vasi says. She also knows he will, but that doesn't need to be said. Unless he objects, she'll carry him to his cabin, lay down in his bed, and hold and snuggle him.

Middle of the Night

Pansy finally pulls away from Brand, her face streaming with tears. "I'm going to help Butler. Go home and I'll be there soon."

Brand doesn't want to let go of her, but someone needs to take care of the former slaves, and he just can't do it. He needs to see his children.

While Butler is helping them to their rooms, Pansy goes to the refugee stores in the Main Cabin and gets clothing and food bundles for everyone.

Each of the rescued slaves will hear a knock on the door about 15 or 20 minutes after being given a room (with a bed! that has blankets!).

Another plot clone of Pansy is available to talk to Justin while she's preparing the care packages.

Middle of the Night - Poplar Cabin

He gives his wife one last embrace, and then heads for Poplar Cabin, where he slips into his children's room, scoops up Lily without waking her, and crawls into Tito's bed so that he can hold them both. Despite his best efforts, Tito wakes a bit. "Daddy, why are you crying?"

"I had a bad dream,"
    Brand says, which is close enough to be true.

"Don't worry. Dreams can't hurt you. Remember?" Tito says. He snuggles in and is soon asleep again.
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2012-07-12 at 10:07 PM.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

11. - Top - End - #641
    Ogre in the Playground

[Middle Of The Night - Forest Hut]

Way the fudge back in continuity, a still pregnant and elfy Renetta is sleeping soundly. Mostly soundly at least. It's been difficult for her to get proper rest while she's been worrying about Waterstrider so much. She remains unsuspecting until he does something to alert her.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2012-07-12 at 10:06 PM.

12. - Top - End - #642
    Ogre in the Playground

[Elm Cabin]

I don't think Rein will object.
    Heck, snuggling is probably exactly what he needs right now. Snuggling makes everything better.
    Well that and that plush panda he pulls out to snuggle in something of a snuggle sandwich.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

13. - Top - End - #643
    Ogre in the Playground

Middle Of The Night - Forest Hut

Renetta might be woken up by the sounds of Waterstrider making his way into the hut, too tired to be completely quiet about it as he stumbles and fumbles his way through towards the bed.

14. - Top - End - #644

[Middle of the Night]

"Let- Let me help you with that, Mrs. Applehill," Justin says, following the halfling housewife, mostly because he has nowhere else to be besides standing like an idiot. He can probably carry a bit more than a halfling woman, so maybe he can go a little longer before feeling totally useless.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

15. - Top - End - #645
    Pixie in the Playground

[Middle of the Night]

Slave and Object, who have yet to rename themselves, will insist that they not be segregated into distant rooms, and they will instead request that they bunk together in the meekest most timid style fathomable.

When Slave and Object answer the door for Pansy, it will be quite clear that they both were sleeping lightly before she knocked. Where they were sleeping remains the double jeopardy question of the match, as the bed or beds they were meant to occupy in the room haven't yet been touched.

"Thanks."

Slave wearily murmurs upon receiving the bundle of goodies!

Oh! I almost forgot to mention that they'll thank Butler most graciously for the lodging!

16. - Top - End - #646
    Ogre in the Playground

Renetta's eyes open groggily, but then fly open when she realizes what woke her. She sits up abruptly. "Waterstrider!"She gets out of bed faster than you'd expect of a pregnant woman and throws her harms around him.

17. - Top - End - #647
    Titan in the Playground

[Middle of the Night]

Wenomir stays in the back, not wanting to intrude on the family reunion. He very much respects the courage it must have taken Brand and Waterstrider to go on this mission. He, Harnel, Cessie and DC are all used to killing and risking their life, but those two...
    Of course, he's also hauling an unconscious Mine around.
    This ex-slave needs urgent medical attention or else I don't think he'll live through the hour, he says to anyone in the vincinity. Elezibethele tried to kill him and he's lost a lot of blood.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

18. - Top - End - #648

"Well, people are stupid. Same thing happened to me back in Chicago, although for a different reason that I will not elaborate on," Aiden says.
    "Yeah...people can be stupid sometimes... I mean, they thought I eat people!"
    "But anyways...thanks again for helping me out. I probably would have been lost without you!"

She strands up and stretches, the Popsicle's stick still in her mouth.
    Last edited by Mindfreak; 2012-07-13 at 07:42 AM.
    Busy with Life

19. - Top - End - #649
    Troll in the Playground

Middle of the Night - Main Cabin

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    [Middle of the Night]

"Let- Let me help you with that, Mrs. Applehill," Justin says, following the halfling housewife, mostly because he has nowhere else to be besides standing like an idiot. He can probably carry a bit more than a halfling woman, so maybe he can go a little longer before feeling totally useless.
    "Thank you Justin," Pansy says. Then she suddenly hugs him, her head barely coming up to his chest. "Thank you for bringing my Brand back safely." she sniffles, as the tears start to fall again.

Middle of the Night - Guest Room

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    [Middle of the Night]

Slave and Object, who have yet to rename themselves, will insist that they not be segregated into distant rooms, and they will instead request that they bunk together in the meekest most timid style fathomable.

When Slave and Object answer the door for Pansy, it will be quite clear that they both were sleeping lightly before she knocked. Where they were sleeping remains the double jeopardy question of the match, as the bed or beds they were meant to occupy in the room haven't yet been touched.

"Thanks."

Slave wearily murmurs upon receiving the bundle of goodies!

Oh! I almost forgot to mention that they'll thank Butler most graciously for the lodging!

"I'm so sorry to wake you,"
    Pansy says. She notices that the beds are untouched. "Where are you sleeping? Is there a problem with the beds?"

Elm Cabin

[Elm Cabin]

I don't think Rein will object.
    Heck, snuggling is probably exactly what he needs right now. Snuggling makes everything better.
    Well that and that plush panda he pulls out to snuggle in something of a snuggle sandwich.
    Snuggles, possibly followed by napping - there's a cat involved, after all! - for as long as needed. Or until someone needs to pee. Probably time skip to when Reinholdt is as recovered as snuggles and a magic bear can make him.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

20. - Top - End - #650

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post

"Thank you Justin," Pansy says. Then she suddenly hugs him, her head barely coming up to his chest. "Thank you for bringing my Brand back safely." she sniffles, as the tears start to fall again.

Initially surprised by the hug, Justin quickly hugs her back when she starts crying. He doesn't really know what to say. He'll let her hug until she breaks it off.

"I'm so sorry to wake you,"
    Pansy says. She notices that the beds are untouched. "Where are you sleeping? Is there a problem with the beds?"

Presumably, Justin is helping carry packages, so he sees the undisturbed beds. Remembering just what condition he found these girls in, he leans down to Pansy's ear and whispers, "These two probably had the worst master, I don't think they understand that those are their beds."

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

21. - Top - End - #651
    Ogre in the Playground

Elm Cabin

Time skip!

Rein's still soberly quiet, in stark contrast to his usual continual, annoying chatter. He really doesn't know what to say largely, but he has hammerspaced the bear.

"Thanks for staying with me." That at the very least should be said.

Middle of the Night

Once Butler has gotten everyone settled as best he can, he'll head to the kitchen. Breakfast tomorrow is going to be particularly big and he wants as much warm food ready as he can muster. And he suspects the Applehills will want to be together tonight and probably won't have as much time for cooking.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2012-07-13 at 04:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

22. - Top - End - #652
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post

Renetta's eyes open groggily, but then fly open when she realizes what woke her. She sits up abruptly. "Waterstrider!"She gets out of bed faster than you'd expect of a pregnant woman and throws her harms around him.
    Middle of the Night - Forest Hut

Waterstrider holds her close and she'll feel that his strength is nearly gone, weak and feeble as he starts sobbing into her shoulder. "I love you, Renetta." He whimpers as the experience takes it's heavy toll on him.

23. - Top - End - #653
    Ogre in the Playground

"Shh, shh, it's going to be alright." She says soothingly. Renetta tries to guide him down into the bed and lay down with him. She wraps her arms around him, just holding him close for now.

24. - Top - End - #654
    Troll in the Playground

Elm Cabin

Elm Cabin

Time skip!

Rein's still soberly quiet, in stark contrast to his usual continual, annoying chatter. He really doesn't know what to say largely, but he has hammerspaced the bear.

"Thanks for staying with me." That at the very least should be said.

"You're welcome,"
    Vasi says.

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post

Initially surprised by the hug, Justin quickly hugs her back when she starts crying. He doesn't really know what to say. He'll let her hug until she breaks it off.
    Pansy recovers her composure after a moment, and gets to work.

Middle of the Night - Slave and Object's Room

(Waiting on Alexandrian)

Middle of the Night - Rooms of other slaves

(Waiting on Earl)

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

25. - Top - End - #655
    Ogre in the Playground

Middle Of The Night - Forest Hut

The Wolfen sinks down into the bed net to her, holding her close as he cries himself to sleep. It's likely he'll stay this way for several days.

26. - Top - End - #656

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    "Yeah...people can be stupid sometimes... I mean, they thought I eat people!"
    "But anyways...thanks again for helping me out. I probably would have been lost without you!"

She strands up and stretches, the Popsicle's stick still in her mouth.
    "Probably not, someone else would've found you and I'd have gone back to being useless." Aiden jokes here, but his tone of voice suggests otherwise. "You're welcome, though."
    Last edited by Devixer; 2012-07-14 at 12:14 PM.

27. - Top - End - #657
    Ogre in the Playground

Renetta will stay with him almost constantly the entire time. Just like he was there for her after they escaped those slavers, she'll always be there for him.

28. - Top - End - #658
    Titan in the Playground

[Entrance to Camp]

In another timeline, Wenomir arrives at GLoG as well. He's unarmed and wearing casual clothes. He intends to look for Tobias, but doesn't want to wander around the campsite unsupervised, so he waits near the entrance until someone notices him and hopefully points him to the druid.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

29. - Top - End - #659
    Orc in the Playground

Woods

Oddball really doesn't have anything to do here except try to keep his balance and pretend he wasn't getting ready to spit Acid over NotJamie whilst maintaining the acid just in case NotJamie turns out to be hostile after all.

Middle of the Night- Slaves

The four humans and the lizardperson will thank the person who showed them to their rooms, using either 'Madam' or 'Sir', since they aren't certain yet what people want to be called. They also slept in beds at the Hermitage, and after checking for manacles they'll sleep willingly.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

30. - Top - End - #660

[Entrance to Camp]

Toby steps out of a tree a few paces behind Wenomir, attempting to startle him. Long time no see, friend.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid