New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1475
  1. - Top - End - #1051
    Banned

Default Re: My Little Pony L: The L is for Love!

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    The Ponithid died. Permanently.
    Yeah...

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    While we're discussing people, Thanqol, how do you pronounce your user name? I had always thought it was "Than-kwol," but then in her video, Phoe pronounces it as "Than-kol."
    It always sounded like 'Than(e)-kol' in his videos, if you accounted for his having an accent. *shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by Siosilvar View Post
    "Pegasister" is a term from the early days of the fandom, like "brony" but for girls. It's also really dumb and far too long, so pretty much everyone uses "brony" now. We're all-inclusive.
    Obligatory explanation: pegasister was a response to brony sounding male because some people don't like an ostensibly male term bing considered gender neutral, and decided the best thig to do to e part of the group was invent a schism.

2. - Top - End - #1052
    Pixie in the Playground

Wait, Thanqol as in "Yours Truly" fic Thanqol?

:O

3. - Top - End - #1053
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tchernobog View Post

Yes, that's he.
    ze/zir | she/her

Omnia Vincit Amor

4. - Top - End - #1054
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dexam View Post
    One of the other starting points for OC creation a good while back was to "ponify" your real life name meanings and see where that leads.

For example, my real life name means "lowly servant" and "leader of men" - I figured that a pony who both a servant and a leader had to be some sort of politician, and the best politician is Havelock Vetinari, the Patrician of Anhk-Morpork from Terry Pratchett's Discworld novels; hence "Fetlock Equinari, the Ponytrician of Flanhk-Marepork" in my signature.

My real name roughly means "Rock in a brown meadow".

So...
    Spoiler
    Show

Awesome.

In other news, I got bored and then inspired, so I did my character in Aspirations of Harmony.

Spoiler
    Show
    Dr. Havoc
    Race: Unicorn

Athletics 7
    Stunts: 7
    Endurance: 7

Precision 7
    Acrobatics: 7
    Stealth: 7
    Mechanics: 7

Knowledge 9
    Arcana: 12
    History: 9
    Heal: 14

Horse sense 5
    Perception: 8
    Persuasion: 5
    Streetsmarts: 5

Trained Skills: Arcana, Perception
    Cutie Mark: Mortar and Pestle - Heal

Racial Talents
    Ponykinesis - Lift 25lbs
    Finishing Move School - +1 Talent

Utility Talents
    Medicinal Training - 3/day +10 to remove disease or curse
    Leggo! - 3/day +10 to escape from physical restraints.
    Precise Ponykinesis - Manipulate up to 10 items
    Strengthen Substance - 3/day For one minute, target object becomes much sturdier.
    Weaken Substance - 3/day For one minute, target object becomes much less sturdy.
    It’s Witchcraft - Magical Jiggery Pokery. Used in creation of magic items/potions.

Element: Magic*
    "I have just the thing!" (Magic Makes It All Complete) - Use magic point to use a talent for 5 minutes.

*I actually see Honesty as being closer to my element, but the "force ponies to answer truthfully" power doesn't fit my personality. The jack of all trades ability is more me.

Combat

Special Move: Healer’s Grace

[+1] Exploding Potion (Fireball) - Deal 1d8 damage to target creature and each creature adjacent to the target.

[+1] Aid Potion (a Healing Salve variant) - You or a target ally regains 1d10 hp.

[+2] Boost Potion (Perfect Focus) - You gain resist 3 until the end of your next turn. At the start of your next turn, if you have not taken damage since you last used this ability, you gain 2 more PiPs.

[+2] Cure Potion (Saving Embrace) - Target ally can make a saving throw.

[-2] Acid Bottle (Enfeebling Curse) - The target is weakened and suffers 5 ongoing damage (save ends both).

[-3] Grow Deadly Plant (unique ability, woo!) - Summons a plant creature to attack enemies.

[-7] Cart Revolution (Frostfall) - Deal 2d12 to target creature and 1d12 to creatures adjacent to the target. The primary target is stunned until the end of your next turn.

[-7] Crazy Uproar (Midnight’s Blade) - For the rest of the battle you may reroll all 1s on your d8s, d10s and d12s. Once per turn, you may have one of your attacks deal an extra 6 damage.

Conjuration:
    Deadly Plant - 10HP (actually encompasses multiple plant creatures with a mix of abilites)

Trait - Herbal Healing - Deadly Plant has the Healer's Grace special move.

[+2] Plant strike - deals 1d8 damage to target creature.

[-5] Sleep Powder - Target is stunned until they next take damage (or save ends).

And a quick update on fanfics what I have read.
    Words Failed Her by Nonsanity: An interesting premise (Twilight must curse herself with illiteracy to deal with a magical plague) which is well written but feels far too short.

Show and Spell by Maxiums25: Not a bad start. I'm interested in seeing where this goes.

Dissertations on Dawn by Raz_Fox: I wondered where you were going with it at first, but it was a nice little look inside Celestia's head.

Mood Wings by Tchernobog: Well, since everyone was talking about it, I figured I might as well! Not bad. Gotta admit, I found the early parts a little dull, but I stuck with it. There were some fun little moments in there. In particular this..
    Spoiler
    Show
    Popfeather, wing erection, popping a wingie, rigor eros, popping a pinion, flight firmness, at full sail, saluting the sky, reluctant advertising, bedroom turbulence warning, spontaneous wing-stretches...

...made me laugh.
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

5. - Top - End - #1055
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Nuts. I'll go and fetch the mop. Folks tend to get nervous when the place gets all corpse-y.
    Nah, that's okay. it's been handled.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Alright.

Spoiler
    Show

Part of life is death.

Spoiler
    Show

But from death, life.

Spoiler
    Show

Something must always come from our actions. Every new beginning is some other beginning's end.

Rest or rise, but find good roads where e'er you trod.

6. - Top - End - #1056
    Titan in the Playground

Yes, and "Phoe" and in "EQD's Phoe" and "PhantomFox" as in "Sunny Skies all Day" PhantomFox (which, to my great amusment and delight, still appears top of the list in Fimfiction's "list by Top Rated"...)

(I preferred Thanq's Do Not Serve These Ponies, but that's largely because I managed to be to the one that suggested the basic concept, which Thanqol executed with his usual unmatched verve and panache...)

We have a high and heady calibur of ponies here.

Plus, of course, the grandiose presence of the thread's designated-protagonist Space-Lich ...
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2012-08-07 at 12:17 PM.

7. - Top - End - #1057
    Pixie in the Playground

That's definitely a pretty impressive list. I was simply looking at my referrals on fimfiction, which led me here, and wanted to say hello. But then I find his :O

8. - Top - End - #1058
    Bugbear in the Playground

Metal Mask is a blank flank who is addicted to temporary tattoos.

Jayden had to have a tattoo of the sun permanently applied to her as the focus for a Mana Shotgun necessary to blast a sentient, evil mnemetic virus out of her brain.

Charger turned down some presents.
    Wait, I thought Charger got her CM by "finding peace"?

EDIT: Tchernobog... The Tchernobog? 0_0
    Last edited by Maxtronaut; 2012-08-07 at 02:11 PM.
    (Un?)official ponythread element of airships.

9. - Top - End - #1059
    Titan in the Playground

That's definitely a pretty impressive list. I was simply looking at my referrals on fimfiction, which led me here, and wanted to say hello. But then I find his :O
    Welcome

Say hi to the Pink One!
    Spoiler
    Show

Random Theory Time: I noticed in It's About Time, Twilight says "... negative azimuth on the fourteenth moon". This either means there are other moons around other planets out there (most likely, I suppose), OR whatever plane(t) Equestria is on has more than one moon, and perhaps more than one sun, and Celestia/Luna only raise and lower the one pair that happen to be over Equestria while other lands have their own suns and moons.

I'm not sure I'm fond of this theory myself, because of how it further diminishes the two sisters (a trend I rather loathe), but it just struck me and I suppose it could make a nice bit of fanon.

10. - Top - End - #1060
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    Random Theory Time: I noticed in It's About Time, Twilight says "... negative azimuth on the fourteenth moon". This either means there are other moons around other planets out there (most likely, I suppose), OR whatever plane(t) Equestria is on has more than one moon, and perhaps more than one sun, and Celestia/Luna only raise and lower the one pair that happen to be over Equestria while other lands have their own suns and moons.
    I'd like to think that if Equestria's planet had 14+ moons we'd of noticed at least a handful of them when we see nighttime sky shots. And hey, Azimuth is a a new word for my vocabulary today! Yay!
    Perhaps Twilight was meaning something more like one of the two ideas:

1. Twi is refering to the 14th moon of another planet, perhaps a gas giant world which may better support multiple small moons. Since Equestria has telescopes, it would be a matter of time that astronomers find nearby planets with enough observation (should other planets exist). In this case I'd guess she's measuring its position.

2. Twi isn't refering to moons as in a numerical counting sense, but in a time tracking sense. Such as this is the 14th moon cycle since counting from a period "X" ago. Historically, time keeping on Earth with lunar cycles was used since the moon is fairly reliable (28 day cycles). It may be Equestria's world has a similar setup. So in this case I suppose Twi is measuring a change in a moon's position from two different moments (she is keeping track of time, a bit badly).
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2012-08-07 at 02:42 PM.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

11. - Top - End - #1061
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    I'd like to think that if Equestria's planet had 14+ moons we'd of noticed at least a handful of them when we see nighttime sky shots. Perhaps it's more of one of the two ideas?--

1. Twi is refering to the 14th moon of another planet, perhaps a gas giant world which may better support multiple small moons. Since Equestria has telescopes, it would be a matter of time that astronomers find nearby planets with enough observation (should other planets exist).

2. Twi isn't refering to moons as in a numerical counting sense, but in a time tracking sense. Such as this is the 14th moon cycle since counting from a period "X" ago. Historically, time keeping on Earth with lunar cycles was used since the moon is fairly reliable (28 day cycles). It may be Equestria's world has a similar setup.
    If each country or major land mass has their own set of moon and sun, then we would only ever see one at a time (except maybe near the borders or something)

Your second option is also a possibility.
    Last edited by Deadly; 2012-08-07 at 02:43 PM.

12. - Top - End - #1062
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    Pony Thread #: The carrot of hope
    There can be no true despair without hope.
    This summer, the Ponythread rises.

Do you know how hard it is to be humble when you're this great?
    Someone needs to sig this.
    Possibly me?
    if not me, who?!

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post

My real name roughly means "Rock in a brown meadow".

So...
    Spoiler
    Show

Awesome.
    Oh hey that reminds me!
    I think gems are like plants. They're grown to be looked at, they're pretty like flowers, and they're eaten by at least one race, and possibly by others. They're grown to be sold to the fashion industry. Rarity's gemfinding spell allows her to cut out the middle man, saving her masses of money and allowing a young filly with country parents to make a splash in big circuits.

And, finally and most importantly, where do you grow gemstones?
    On a rock farm.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

13. - Top - End - #1063
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Maxtronaut View Post
    Wait, I thought Charger got her CM by "finding peace"?

EDIT: Tchernobog... The Tchernobog? 0_0
    Yes?

Apparently I'm famous? >_>

14. - Top - End - #1064

Yes?

Apparently I'm famous? >_>
    Well yeah. It's kinda a big deal among us pony writers to get featured.

15. - Top - End - #1065
    Titan in the Playground

HELP!

I need to come up with some kind of monster, beast, big bad thing that you might run into randomly in the Everfree. Something huge with lots of claws or something, something really fearsome, really aggressive, preferably interesting, unique and not seen before (or at least not seen too much).

All I can think of are dragons and constellation beasts, neither of which seem all that unique and excitingly new.

Anyone got any great ideas?

16. - Top - End - #1066
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

They use a lot of greek monsters, so my suggestion is to use something Greek. Chimera would work, or a Hecatoncheires (100 armed giants with 100 heads), or Typhus (the Father of Monsters, made of serpents and roughly the size of a mountain), or something like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

17. - Top - End - #1067

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    2. Twi isn't refering to moons as in a numerical counting sense, but in a time tracking sense. Such as this is the 14th moon cycle since counting from a period "X" ago. Historically, time keeping on Earth with lunar cycles was used since the moon is fairly reliable (28 day cycles). It may be Equestria's world has a similar setup. So in this case I suppose Twi is measuring a change in a moon's position from two different moments (she is keeping track of time, a bit badly).
    I note, though, that we've never (apart from Nightmare Night decorations) seen Equestria's moon in a phase other than "full". Since it appears to have a rotational period matching the sun's, it seems to me that the most likely timekeeping period to be called "moon" is already called "night".

HELP!

I need to come up with some kind of monster, beast, big bad thing that you might run into randomly in the Everfree. Something huge with lots of claws or something, something really fearsome, really aggressive, preferably interesting, unique and not seen before (or at least not seen too much).

All I can think of are dragons and constellation beasts, neither of which seem all that unique and excitingly new.

Would you object to something plant-based, such as a large-and-very-active venus flytrap or a highly-territorial treant?
    Level 4 Bibliophile/Level 3 Bard, working toward the Bibliomancer Prestige Class

Brandon Sanderson recommender... In The Playground!

18. - Top - End - #1068
    Ogre in the Playground

HELP!

Well, from the 3.5 D&D SRD, we have the Behir, which is big, aggressive, and fairly obscure. Would that work?
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

19. - Top - End - #1069
    Firbolg in the Playground

HELP!

Gargoyals are fun. Roughly the size of a minotaur, nice big bat wings, shove a bit of vampire into it and make them turn into stone in light but become blood-hungry flying bricks at night?

Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post
    Ponythread RP: The P is also for pony
    Spoiler
    Show
    AHAHAHAHAHA! VICTORY IS MINE!

*tosses one of the elemental dukes into the rainbow vortex*
    Before you start celebrating, would you mind DEALING WITH YOUR DAMNED RAINBOW VORTEX THING!
    *body slams another two dukes into the ground*

Ah yes, right, that. Ummm, perhaps if I...yes, that could work.
    *opens a portal on top of vortex*
    There, that should siphon off enough of the energy to send it below the self-sustaining threshold.

*has the last duke in a headlock*
    Wonderful, you've saved Canterlot from the disaster you caused. Congratulations.

Also, I just rewatched Cutie Marke Chronicles, and I thought of a question for those of us with OCs: How did your OC earn their cutie mark?

Ah yes, I remember it like it was yesterday. My parents had just given me a foal's chemistry set, and I been playing with it nonstop. Having exhausted the safe, dependable, experiments detailed in the set's instruction booklet, I decided to improvise a bit. As I began, I could feel my magic guiding me, mixing the chemicals with a few things lying around the house. All the mixture required then was a little thermal agitation to really start things up.
    And in the aftermath of the resultant explosion, I knew that SCIENCE! was my destiny, and I had the cutie mark to prove it!
    Pony Pony: Pony Pony Pony
    Spoiler
    Show
    Err, congrats? You...kinda just killed the elemental embodiments of the seasons. I mean, I am sure they might come back, but, realy?

Well, dont have much to loose.....

Yo Prince, your father was a liar and your mother was a broodmare!

"elsewhere"

Mista Siwunt, how dwid you gwet your cuti mark?

Thats a wonderful question my little ghoulie. Well, you see, where I grew up, there was never enough food to grow around. My father was a farmer, and he sold his crops for only a few bits per puound because of his loving heart.

One day, during one of the worst storms Stalliongrad ever had, I was left alone with several dozen mares and foals because we where in a snow shelter. There was only so much food to go around, but I had a idea. I was the only one who had eaten before we had to flee, and so I kept my fathers bag of crops close and ponies came up to me and gave me several bits for just a ounce of food. I then found a set of scales and ponies lined up to get the tiniest scrap of food, and payed handsomely for each ounce.

By the end of the week, I had made more then my father did in a year in that place. And when I went outside, the first thing my father said was to look around. And so I did.

Thats.....thats not a happy story at all.

No, child, it was not. Not all coming of age stories are nice. But perhapes its good you will can never have one of these silly flank tattoos, right?

Oh, stop it! "giggle"

Now, considering that everyone here seemed to have thought my story was boring, who would like to hear about the adventures of Dareing Doo?

Last edited by Pokonic; 2012-08-07 at 03:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

20. - Top - End - #1070
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    They use a lot of greek monsters, so my suggestion is to use something Greek. Chimera would work, or a Hecatoncheires (100 armed giants with 100 heads), or Typhus (the Father of Monsters, made of serpents and roughly the size of a mountain), or something like that.
    Greek myth is great for monsters, I suppose I could probably find a list somewhere on wikipedia

Quote Originally Posted by Kd7sov View Post
    Would you object to something plant-based, such as a large-and-very-active venus flytrap or a highly-territorial treant?
    Ooh, a pony-eating tentacled tree of some kind sounds pretty cool. There are some mythological ones like that, such as the ya-te-veo, which is a boon.

Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post
    Well, from the 3.5 D&D SRD, we have the Behir, which is big, aggressive, and fairly obscure. Would that work?
    Could work. I like things that have a mythological origin, though

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    Gargoyals are fun. Roughly the size of a minotaur, nice big bat wings, shove a bit of vampire into it and make them turn into stone in light but become blood-hungry flying bricks at night?
    Possibly good, although gargoyles strike me more as an urban threat. Possibly ancient ruins, though

21. - Top - End - #1071

HELP!

Big sentient swarm of something, that work together as one nasty, shapeshifting, skeletize-a-pony-in-15-seconds threat? That's a very different villain than one big giant monster, would probably push the story from action towards a more horror vibe
    Proof-reading is totally unnecessary in the digital age now that we have spell cheque.

Pony thread's official Element of Youtube

22. - Top - End - #1072

Possibly good, although gargoyles strike me more as an urban threat. Possibly ancient ruins, though
    Like, I dont know, the former castle of the pony sisters?

Also, another monster: Timbears. Wooden bears. That light themselves on fire when there angry.
    Show

23. - Top - End - #1073
    Pixie in the Playground

Tentacle tree, eh?

24. - Top - End - #1074
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eakin View Post
    Big sentient swarm of something, that work together as one nasty, shapeshifting, skeletize-a-pony-in-15-seconds threat? That's a very different villain than one big giant monster, would probably push the story from action towards a more horror vibe
    Could work too, I always liked horror I can't find any mythological swarms, which seems odd. Ought to exist something like that somewhere

Also, another monster: Timbears. Wooden bears. That light themselves on fire when there angry.
    Indeed ^^

Kamikaze bears?

Tentacle tree, eh?

Suddenly I'm not so sure what to think

25. - Top - End - #1075
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    Ok, so after watching many eps, I think is not my cup of tea, didn't exactly enjoy it.

Also, what's a "pegasister"?
    A shame but hey you gave it a shot.

A silly term for female fan of this show.

HELP!

Alright lets see

Basilisks, Giant Spiders, Blob creature, Wryvren, Gargoyles, Acid spitting super slugs, Robo-Trixies, Tatterdelions (setinant waste really, like piles of leaves or scattered clothes.) Giant Pony-eating toads, Dinosaurs, Rocs, Giant Purple Worms, Bleakbane, and of course landsharks.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

26. - Top - End - #1076

Could work too, I always liked horror I can't find any mythological swarms, which seems odd. Ought to exist something like that somewhere

Indeed ^^

Kamikaze bears?

:
    As for swarms of myth, the only one I know of are the metal crane-like birds from greek myth.

Also, no. There not kamikaze. There large wooden bears made out of a wood thats fire-proof.

Unrelated, if I literaly translate the my "american" name from its apperent root (french), I get "Lame". Great, realy. I have the one name that is worse for a equine than a human.

Basilisks, Giant Spiders, Blob creature, Wryvren, Gargoyles, Acid spitting super slugs, Robo-Trixies, Tatterdelions (setinant waste really, like piles of leaves or scattered clothes.) Giant Pony-eating toads, Dinosaurs, Rocs, Giant Purple Worms, Bleakbane, and of course landsharks.
    You forgot Linnorms.
    Last edited by Pokonic; 2012-08-07 at 03:58 PM.
    Show

27. - Top - End - #1077
    Troll in the Playground

Stealth reference is best reference?
    ze/zir | she/her

Omnia Vincit Amor

28. - Top - End - #1078
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Alright lets see

Ooh, nice ones too

As for swarms of myth, the only one I know of are the metal crane-like birds from greek myth.

Also, no. There not kamikaze. There large wooden bears made out of a wood thats fire-proof.
    Hmm, I could combine ideas and get a kind of sentient swarm of little flesh-eating plants.
    Last edited by Deadly; 2012-08-07 at 04:00 PM.

29. - Top - End - #1079

Oi! I thought we were going to use that?

30. - Top - End - #1080

Quote Originally Posted by Maxtronaut View Post
    Oi! I thought we were going to use that?
    We are. Hush.

Stealth reference is best reference?
    I dont know what you are talking about.
    No,realy, I dont.
    Show