New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 41 of 50 FirstFirst ... 163132333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1474
  1. - Top - End - #1201
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Default Re: My Little Pony LII: 525.600 Ponies!

Quote Originally Posted by INoKnowNames View Post
    .... Poor Nina....
    Nitpicky but I don't think that's the episode. The background is a street scape, most likely central. They found out about Nina in Tucker's lab.

If I could make a guess I'd say it's the first episode with Issac the freezer

As for the physics in Equestria disscussion. It's a cartoon guys let's not get so into it.
    Avatar based on artwork by Jabari Weathers

2. - Top - End - #1202
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ravian View Post
    Nitpicky but I don't think that's the episode. The background is a street scape, most likely central. They found out about Nina in Tucker's lab.

If I could make a guess I'd say it's the first episode with Issac the freezer

As for the physics in Equestria disscussion. It's a cartoon guys let's not get so into it.
    Actually, I'm 90% sure it's the 2003 anime's version of Nina's tragic fate. I was just watching it as part of my aforementioned anime binge and Ed makes those exact faces when he sees what Scar has done to Nina (In this version, Scar does you-know-what to her in an alley.)
    EDIT: Here is the evidence.
    Last edited by Gamerlord; 2012-09-04 at 06:27 PM.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

3. - Top - End - #1203
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    we're these light levels constant?
    I see our difference. By extinction I figured you meant in the sense f a species going extinct. I don't think that would happen en masse. 60% of everything dying? Maybe. 100% of anything? No.
    Light levels were constant yes. I even bummed power off the school just to save money at home.
    There is the possibility that an entire species does go extinct. Some plants and animals may be so delicate in their ecosystem in similar terms as ours, that they die off before the sapient species can discover them. Possible, but we just don't know enough of Equestria for any kind of number guessing games.
    But I think we can at least agree that we only have theories on the subject right now, yes?

Have a round of pony images for being a good civilized debater:

80's Twilight--
    Spoiler
    Show

Birth of a Plushie--
    Spoiler
    Show

Humanized Trixie--
    Spoiler
    Show

This last one might inspire the form if my Trixie character does pick up a human spell.
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2012-09-05 at 06:27 AM.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

4. - Top - End - #1204
    Ogre in the Playground

There's really only one way I can respond to something like that.

Spoiler
    Show
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

5. - Top - End - #1205
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Light levels were constant yes. I even bummed power off the school just to save money at home.
    There is the possibility that an entire species does go extinct. Some plants and animals may be so delicate in their ecosystem in similar terms as ours, that they die off before the sapient species can discover them. Possible, but we just don't know enough of Equestria for any kind of number guessing games.
    But I think we can at least agree that we only have theories on the subject right now, yes?

80's Twilight--
    Spoiler
    Show

Birth of a Plushie--
    Spoiler
    Show

Humanized Trixie--
    Spoiler
    Show

This last one might inspire the form if my Trixie character does pick up a human spell.
    I can't see any of the pictures, the links are apparently broken (or my computer!)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

6. - Top - End - #1206
    Ogre in the Playground

Are y'all done the wall-o-text physics argument yet? Can I come back into the thread?

7. - Top - End - #1207
    Orc in the Playground

All of you ponies must have gone mad.
    In a few minutes half a page you had.

What in the world possessed you folks?
    You're cracking so much that I can see yolks.

Running in circles, like hens without heads.
    Or maybe a man who forgot his meds.

Perhaps we should speak of something that's nicer.
    Like how Trixie compares to a certain Jack Spicer.

So I stall,
    that is all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Every time someone presses the quote button on one of my posts I steal a very small part of their soul.

I have a Tumblr now. So that's cool.

8. - Top - End - #1208
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by SlyGuyMcFly View Post
    As many as Iron Hoof Celestia wants to see dancing on the pin and not one more!
    Tyranny is no philosophical answer!

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    None. Everypony knows that ponyangels are just a made up story to get little foals to behave.
    O ye of little faith!

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    As for one, ponies seem to be pretty much unknowlageable about things outside there cozy homes. Heck, full-grown adults who probably at least went to school had no idea what a Zebra was.
    We no real evidence of there being education beyond primary school level either. I mean Twilight of course excepted.

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    What would Pony angels even look like? No really! It's no like we can just slap on wings.
    Well we could try actual angelic traits like wheels with eyes. Or six wings with two over the face and two over the "feet"

9. - Top - End - #1209
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by asdflove View Post
    MITD-http://asdflove.deviantart.com/art/M...fied-325332744
    and The one and only Belkar Bitterleaf! http://asdflove.deviantart.com/art/P...-WAR-325000257
    Out of the blue I show up with art. I love Ponifiying things.
    http://asdflove.deviantart.com/art/H...fied-324734385
    http://asdflove.deviantart.com/art/P...Elan-324688093
    http://asdflove.deviantart.com/art/E...ddle-324748159

(Sorry That I just linked it, they are far too big to put here as an image, even in a spoiler box)
    And now V. But I'm not super happy with this one. Not androgynous enough.
    http://asdflove.deviantart.com/art/P...vius-324948639
    Durkon- http://asdflove.deviantart.com/art/P...rkon-324984292
    http://asdflove.deviantart.com/art/Group-Shot-325193295 They be all together!
    (Find the rest through here)

http://asdflove.deviantart.com/art/P...loak-325351301 Redcloak

10. - Top - End - #1210
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    Well we could try actual angelic traits like wheels with eyes. Or six wings with two over the face and two over the "feet"
    Alternitivly, they could be geometrical-ish but in the shape of a pony. Like, a wire outline that is seemingly in constent motion like quicksilver, and with two burning hoops levitating near it for wings.

But who says they must be bound to pony traits? They could have swords placed on there "head" like donkey ears and great spears with little orbs circling around it like freaky minotaur horns. A mohawk of liquid light could do nicely as well. No need for single blueprints for wings, either: bat-like frames with sheets of painted glass could do fine. And of course, the greatest among them would have dragonlike scales made of rubies, each with a thousand singing souls inside them.

Of course, they would probably be more like Alicorns with little halos.
    Last edited by Pokonic; 2012-09-04 at 06:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

11. - Top - End - #1211
    Ogre in the Playground

Not one for metaphysics. We can get more arcane if you like:

Tommorrow on Ponythread,
    how many pony angels can dance on the head of a pin?
    Clearly, we must approach this problem through the wonders of SCIENCE! First, we'll need to capture a large number of angels...

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Show

12. - Top - End - #1212
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord View Post
    Actually, I'm 90% sure it's the 2003 anime's version of Nina's tragic fate. I was just watching it as part of my aforementioned anime binge and Ed makes those exact faces when he sees what Scar has done to Nina (In this version, Scar does you-know-what to her in an alley.)
    EDIT: Here is the evidence.
    Ah my mistake, been a while since I saw the first anime. Either way Tucker deserves every second in hell he gets.

13. - Top - End - #1213
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

You know one of these days you I'm going use these to demonstrate Rule 34p to my great joy. Thank you.

Alternitivly, they could be geometrical-ish but in the shape of a pony. Like, a wire outline that is seemingly in constent motion like quicksilver, and with two burning hoops levitating near it for wings.

But who says they must be bound to pony traits? They could have swords placed on there "head" like donkey ears and great spears with little orbs circling around it like freaky minotaur horns. A mohawk of liquid light could do nicely as well. No need for single blueprints for wings, either: bat-like frames with sheets of painted glass could do fine. And of course, the greatest among them would have dragonlike scales made of rubies, each with a thousand singing souls inside them.
    This I like this.
    Of course, they would probably be more like Alicorns with little halos.
    Ponyfeathers to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post
    Clearly, we must approach this problem through the wonders of SCIENCE! First, we'll need to capture a large number of angels...
    Sure see how that works out for you. You know how angels used to greet mere mortals with a seemingly counter-productive FEAR NOT right and how just one what thought sufficient to guard the Garden of Eden and all?

I'll battle the Lich and his entire fleet if I have to. I'd loose to the combined might but I'd do it. One of them things, heck no I'm runnin the other way.

14. - Top - End - #1214
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    It's worth mentioning that Narrative law is not incompatable with things that seem to observe physics, but Physics is often incompatable with things that follow Narrative Law. So ponies falling when they slip off a cliff works with either, whereas Pinkie being in Dash's hiding place before Dash works easier under Narrative Law than Physics.
    Huh. This is the wrong quote. Ah well.

How ya doin' Tiki? Ya doin' good?

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Are you upset if somepony does physics to analyze how fast a pony is going or how much force a spell exerts? I don't think any pony is saying that physics applies 100%, but I do get the sense that some ponies are a bit miffed that every time they bring up any science they get a response that oft times amounts to "your science is worthless, mwahaha!"
    Yeah. There's a world of difference between "as your equal I feel I can prove you wrong" and "lol no ur dum its a cartoon".

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord View Post
    I'm not saying you shouldn't use physics to calculate how fast a pony runs, I'm just saying don't be surprised if another episode comes along and blows that analysis to pieces.

...You know what, let's stick to metaphysics.
    That's not a problem. That's refining the data set.

That's really clever! It's eyes really lend well to the pony style.
    I can't get Redcloak to load

What would Pony angels even look like? No really! It's no like we can just slap on wings.
    On the contrary!

Silver Lining is a winged pony angel... A winged pegasus pony angel!
    Actually I think she's a seraph earth pony but who can say

Okay, just posting this theory that just popped into my head about the Season Three opener.
    Spoiler
    Show
    There is no such thing as a Chrystal Pony. A Chrystal Pony is mearly a pony mind-controled by the seasons Big Bad, and when Candace takes up the throne she gets possessed Nightmare-style. Ponyville got abandoned because everypony moved to the Chrystal Kingdom and became "loyal subjects of the Chrystal Kingdom".
    I don't think crystal has an H in it. It's a nice ringer for Chrysallis, but seeing as we have the official spelling already, I don't think they are going o make that connection.

That's not helpful at all. It's telling people who are invested in something that they don't matter. It's what cause such a huge conflagration in the first place.

The rule of D&D don't matter. It's just adult make-believe! But look at te rules debates there? Should they just give up and let it be because it's just a game?

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Well, I can't exactly argue with you. I dislike the notion of extinction at that level, but it's a natural consequence of mapping Equestria to earth rather than earth to Equestria. The nature of the light is important but that's a plot-pull of later discussion.

80's Twilight--
    Spoiler
    Show

Birth of a Plushie--
    Spoiler
    Show

Humanized Trixie--
    Spoiler
    Show

Quoted to make them load.

EDIT Soras, stay away from religion please.
    Last edited by SiuiS; 2012-09-04 at 07:10 PM.

15. - Top - End - #1215
    Ogre in the Playground

You know one of these days you I'm going use these to demonstrate Rule 34p to my great joy.
    Thank you. Glad you like it, there's more coming.

16. - Top - End - #1216
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

That's not helpful at all. It's telling people who are invested in something that they don't matter. It's what cause such a huge conflagration in the first place.

The rule of D&D don't matter. It's just adult make-believe! But look at te rules debates there? Should they just give up and let it be because it's just a game?
    Ok I'm sorry, things were just getting a little too argumentative for my taste for a disscussion over cartoon physics. I just was hoping we could tone it down a bit.
    And I generally am told I obsess far too much over these kinds of things by my brony friends.

17. - Top - End - #1217
    Titan in the Playground

Ok I'm sorry, things were just getting a little too argumentative for my taste for a disscussion over cartoon physics. I just was hoping we could tone it down a bit.
    And I generally am told I obsess far too much over these kinds of things by my brony friends.
    Agreed. This is getting vitriolic in here, and I don't want that in ponythread. It's not why I come here.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

18. - Top - End - #1218
    Banned

That's fine. But just ask us to stop, because it's getting bad. It's te casual dismissal of stuff folks have obviously put time into that's troublesome. It's saying "shut up, you don't matter" instead of "let's please move on". That's all.

19. - Top - End - #1219
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    MITD-http://asdflove.deviantart.com/art/M...fied-325332744
    and The one and only Belkar Bitterleaf! http://asdflove.deviantart.com/art/P...-WAR-325000257
    Out of the blue I show up with art. I love Ponifiying things.
    http://asdflove.deviantart.com/art/H...fied-324734385
    http://asdflove.deviantart.com/art/P...Elan-324688093
    http://asdflove.deviantart.com/art/E...ddle-324748159

(Sorry That I just linked it, they are far too big to put here as an image, even in a spoiler box)
    And now V. But I'm not super happy with this one. Not androgynous enough.
    http://asdflove.deviantart.com/art/P...vius-324948639
    Durkon- http://asdflove.deviantart.com/art/P...rkon-324984292
    http://asdflove.deviantart.com/art/Group-Shot-325193295 They be all together!

Stupid Skeleton! Uhhhhggg! http://asdflove.deviantart.com/art/P...ykon-325366154
    Last edited by asdflove; 2012-09-04 at 07:59 PM.

20. - Top - End - #1220
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Stupid Skeleton! Uhhhhggg! http://asdflove.deviantart.com/art/P...ykon-325366154
    careful..wouldn't want the wrong Lich to think you are referring to him 8)
    Last edited by otakuryoga; 2012-09-04 at 08:45 PM.
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

21. - Top - End - #1221
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Everypony who may not remember it let me remind you of the joy that is Book Fortress:

Spoiler
    Show

So I can share with the new part 2:

Spoiler
    Show

Now with 20% more dancing Shining Armor

22. - Top - End - #1222
    Troll in the Playground

sweet celestia, i go to classes for a day and you ponies make 5 new pages. 0,o

Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post
    I'll battle the Lich and his entire fleet if I have to. I'd loose to the combined might but I'd do it. One of them things, heck no I'm runnin the other way.
    said singular angel failed, as you'll recall.
    *turns to boffinspark*
    though he has a point, you'll need some...unconventional help.
    *poofs in parchment and blood quill*
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

23. - Top - End - #1223
    Titan in the Playground

Better question. If they were to put pony 'angels' into the show what traits would they have in order to be recognized as such.

Silver Lining is a winged pony angel... A winged pegasus pony angel!
    Actually I think she's a seraph earth pony but who can say
    I think Silver Lining is before my time. Do you have pictures of her?
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

24. - Top - End - #1224
    Titan in the Playground

Huh. This is the wrong quote. Ah well.

How ya doin' Tiki? Ya doin' good?
    My quotes are elusive, like a fox? Hmm.
    I am as good as ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Agreed. This is getting vitriolic in here, and I don't want that in ponythread. It's not why I come here.
    Ponythread has been getting antsy for a while now. It's happened before, seems to build for a few days/weeks before getting out of hand. I think we're on the far side of the curve at this point though.

Fixed it for you
    Aw, man. Thought for a moment you'd found a ponified version of the theme.

Also, no. I am not a pony. I have pony OC's, but right now I don't even have an active mouthpiece-character, not since the fractal-truck-crash and the death of Ponithid.

I didn't think I was being rude. Nor was I forcing anything upon him, at least as far as I know.
    Not that it was rude in your case specifically, taken in isolation. More that it's rude generally to push someone into a corner and question them about the same thing over and over.

Eh. Fine with me, I guess, though ya'll just ignore him whenever he does pop in and ask? Doesn't seem very polite, but I guess I'd rather not screw everyone else over just to be polite to one.
    Luka is welcome, and if he fancies talking we talk, but the issue of whether or not he's a brony is well trod ground and there is little left to say on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    And a rather dark interpretation of the changeling race:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I don't really have time for the many dark-as-possible interpretations of the changeling situation. This particular strip is executed with panash, but the artstyle leaves me cold and the ideas behind it just don't ring true to me.

But I've mentioned my take on the subject before, and it sums up simply enough as "Changelings consume love, but they aren't starving to death because they can also eat food."

Also, Pony Angels? I kind of like the idea of them being long-limbed and multiply winged. (Two pairs of very big wings is plenty though).

25. - Top - End - #1225
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by thubby View Post
    *turns to boffinspark*
    What failure? Learn your classic lit some more. They only put a guard up after, ain't nobody been back since.

Better question. If they were to put pony 'angels' into the show what traits would they have in order to be recognized as such.
    I liked Pokonic's answer first few answers Glowing mercurial shapes with wheel like wings and such. I would get it anyways.

Though he's probably also right they'd just cheap out and add some haloed alicorns and call it a day.

Then again not like I'd expect any to show up. More for the whole sorta death would be acknowledged thing then anything else. Nopony seems to want to cross out of certain comfort zones even at the drawing board level with the show judging by the AJ's parents situation.

26. - Top - End - #1226
    Troll in the Playground

What failure? Learn your classic lit some more. They only put a guard up after, ain't nobody been back since.
    oh duh, im thinking of a different story. same basic idea (fall from grace etc. etc.) except there was a guardian who failed by letting that's story's version of the serpent sneak in.
    but, uh, lets move on.
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

27. - Top - End - #1227
    Ettin in the Playground

And so, as Zecora day begins to close
    A little poet attempts some prose
    A rhyme to alert his friends about
    A little PbP that deserves a shout.

A tale of travel, adventure and sights aplenty
    That I hope will be enjoyed by many
    So Siuis, Balmas and One Tin Soldier
    Check out this link and come on over.

Please note that there is still one place
    That needs to be filled with a friendly face
    So come on any who may show interest
    And let's begin the Char-gen in earnest.

A final stanza to drive the point home
    That I hope you listened to my attempt at poem
    So please give a thought to the subject of my ode
    And check out Roleplaying is Magic: The Broken Road

28. - Top - End - #1228
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Has this thread become... Vitrified?

Spoiler
    Show

I'm aware that Vitriolic and Vitrified have nothing to do with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

29. - Top - End - #1229
    Bugbear in the Playground

It seems I've come at the right time
    To bring distraction with more rhyme.

It was a simple moment's whim,
    And thoughts of success were rather slim.

But quite the crowner, would you say?
    To get Zecora on this day?

She was the last one on her shelf,
    And now she glows for just myself.

(Though truly, I don't see much light;
    I think her glow's charge is too slight.)
    Level 4 Bibliophile/Level 3 Bard, working toward the Bibliomancer Prestige Class

Brandon Sanderson recommender... In The Playground!

30. - Top - End - #1230
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by thubby View Post
    *turns to boffinspark*
    Hah, as if I would stoop to accepting help from a supernatural menace such as yourself. Besides, I've already devised a foalproof capture strategy.
    All I have to do now is figure out how to rip the Elements of Disharmony out of Discord. And then figure out how to wield them properly without causing unacceptable levels of collateral damage.

My Homebrew

Show