New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 39 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1479
  1. - Top - End - #1141
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony LIII: Stashing Ponythreads Around in Case of Ponymergency!

The Hub just posted this on their Facebook. I had no idea Princess Celestia was an Animator.

Spoiler
    Show

"The My Little Pony Friendship is Magic crew is hard at work on the new season! Just between us ponies, we're less than 30 days away from announcing the season 3 premiere date/time!"

EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    So, we're 30 days away from a season 3 announcement: http://www.equestriadaily.com/2012/0...ouncement.html

In other words, not a damn thing has changed, unless the announcement is the day before the premier.
    Pfft, like, whatever man.
    Last edited by Nameless; 2012-09-20 at 04:40 PM.

2. - Top - End - #1142
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony LIII: Stashing Ponythreads Around in Case of Ponymergency!

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Normally I wouldn't bother with corrections except isn't breech a word? A form of pants? Dictionary says "the part of a cannon behind the bore", however, so while I was wrong I can totally see how Bleakbane arrived at that partic'lar spelling. It is relevant to his interests.

Of course now I'm trying to wokbreech into a saucy allusion as its near the cannon, which is part of the rear leg of an equine...
    Oh you. xD

Sorry dude. You're like, twenty or thirty threads too late for that indignation~
    This is an OLD ship.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

3. - Top - End - #1143
    Troll in the Playground

Because getting you the hardware to play FFT:WotL is hinging on your network being able to work with my system. Otherwise the easy method won't work, and I can't just ship you a device.
    Oh yeah! I'd already forgotten about that XD

Well, phones can be unlocked so that they work with any network. I had it done when I switched from O2 to Orange last month, so I should be able to do that with this one.
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

4. - Top - End - #1144
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Basically a rock-solid idea? Like tom?
    Sure. I have no idea what an Astral Tom would mean to Applejack, though.

So, we're 30 days away from a season 3 announcement: http://www.equestriadaily.com/2012/0...ouncement.html

In other words, not a damn thing has changed, unless the announcement is the day before the premier.
    Not quite. If they're not lying/being excessively optimistic/operating on Valve Time, my prediction is now falsified. (Announcement 11/9, airing 11/10; it'd have to be fifty days from now instead of thirty.)
    Level 4 Bibliophile/Level 3 Bard, working toward the Bibliomancer Prestige Class

Brandon Sanderson recommender... In The Playground!

5. - Top - End - #1145
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Normally I wouldn't bother with corrections except isn't breech a word? A form of pants? Dictionary says "the part of a cannon behind the bore", however, so while I was wrong I can totally see how Bleakbane arrived at that partic'lar spelling. It is relevant to his interests.

Breeches old chap like all gentleman of note do sport so finely!

6. - Top - End - #1146
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post

I say, you forgot hats.

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #1147
    Barbarian in the Playground

I just finished reading Keeping it Simple so far...

...If you'll excuse me, I'll be off getting a new kidney.
    It's a falcon. Wearing a Fedora. Your argument is irrelevant.
    Official Member of the No Cussing Club

8. - Top - End - #1148
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    *breach
    But true. You're not as scared of me as you claim.
    Perhaps you WANT me to track you down.
    Pfft. It doesn't matter how many times you say it, it won't make it anything other than wishful thinking...

Pffff. I'm not worrie about birds, I'm a prince of AAAAAGHCHAAARIZAAARD
    And that is why you don't cast aspersions of the members of Carnage Team...

Doesn't like Carnage Team consists of like, seven hundred Pokemon or something?

Nah, technically only all the Pokemon in my primary teams. So about a third of that.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS
    Sweet. That's a recommendation if ever I've heard one.
    He might only be doing to covers or something, as on inspection of the subscription he is not mentioned as the primary artist. We'll see. Still, even getting him involved oh Lichemaster, Lixie is stalking me! The horror, the horror, the horror! AAAAAAAAAARRRRRGH! *skulldesk* *skulldesk** skulldesk* peripherally is cool.

Yeah, there we go, there's that terror! He was right, it did just take a while to sink in!

*eyeglow twitch*

*eyeglow twitch*

So, ANYWAY, the Jalyrkieons won their first hard-fought victory on the ground today against the Cybertanks, after a real back-and-forth conflict. The end finally came when the Shyroen MBTs rolled down into the valley we were fighting over, and ran into the Cybertank's Eradicator, the heavy tank that is also their local CnC. They died horribly, but in exposing the Eradicator, their sacrifice was worth it.

Despite the Hierarchy CnC fracking it up totally with his communications (which would have levelled a storm of missiles on it), the Jalyrkieons pressed the attack, with the infantry rolling up out of the woods onto a ridgeline where they could get a shot off. They began taking shows at the Eradicator's shields. As it sat hull-down, it could not bring either it's ID arrays nor it's gatlings to bear, meaning it had to call up a Cohesion Supressopn tank to deal with the infantry. Despite heavy losses, they kept picking at the shields, each salvo and return fire meaning the two Cybertanks were slowly running out of time and to shoot back, and the shooting getting wilder and wilder. Finally, one of the Okam APCs rolled up to deliver the final shot which would drop the shields (allow the Scovocsper VTOLs held in reserve to finish it), an action that was expected to cost the vehicle.

It fired.

It hit.

It rolled a natural 20 on the armour penetration. (I mean, like literally, Manouvre Group uses D20s.) Anything other than a 20 would have resulted in no effect, given that the shields were still up for that hit.

But it did get a 20, which meant it ignored the shields (ironically rendering all the infantry's shield-stripping efforts somewhat redundant!). And even on the bottom of the penetration verses armour table (given how much weaker than the armour the Okam's shrapnel cannon is), a natural 20 was still a "neutralised" result - bad for enough any vehicle, but entirely fatal to a living Cybertank.

And that was the end of that. The death of the CnC basically means the entire army gets suppressions (which means they can't shoot back in the short term) - giving the Scovocspers ample time to pop safely up out of cover and take several of the remaining Cybertanks out without having to worry about being shot back at, effectively ending the resistance.

Got to hand it the Okams - first shot fired in any game by the APCs, and it one-shots the biggest tank on the battle field, that also happens to be the enemy CnC.

(I didn't feel too bad, since both players had some very good - and very dreadful - luck (the Cybertanks in particular lived up to their reputation as the galaxy worst shots - and one point, the other player rolled five D20 in a row, who's combined total was nine! And the Jalyrkieon command vehicle rolled a 1 on his communication roll at a critical juncture...)

Very hard fought, tactical battle, that very narrowly went to the Jalyrkieons. (The odds were fairly good I was going to take out the Eradicator that round whatever, but the Okams saved a few more needless casualties, namely the Scovocspers from having to make a risky pop-up attack that would likely have meant one of the pair would have bought it.)

Now if you'll excuse me, I feel a sudden an inexplicable urge to curl into a fetal position and gibber with unabashed terror.
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2012-09-20 at 06:29 PM.

9. - Top - End - #1149
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kd7sov View Post
    Not quite. If they're not lying/being excessively optimistic/operating on Valve Time, my prediction is now falsified. (Announcement 11/9, airing 11/10; it'd have to be fifty days from now instead of thirty.)
    Well, actually, a fellow MMOC brony noticed this one from a while ago http://www.equestriadaily.com/2012/0...ot-august.html

In short, they'll announce it four weeks in advance. So his guess is November 17th.

10. - Top - End - #1150
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gideon Falcon View Post

As a fellow avian wearing a fedora, I would like to make a proposal. Way I see it, there's only two options. Either we fight to the death as there can be only one, or we band together to take over the world! Alternatively, you can ignore my insane ramblings.

Make your choice. That is all.

Oh and if it's a good story, could you provide a link?
    Every time someone presses the quote button on one of my posts I steal a very small part of their soul.

I have a Tumblr now. So that's cool.

11. - Top - End - #1151
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Pfft. It doesn't matter how many times you say it, it won't make it anything other than wishful thinking...
    So you claim!

Nah, technically only all the Pokemon in my primary teams. So about a third of that.
    I'd love to meet them.

He might only be doing to covers or something, as on inspection of the subscription he is mentioned as the primary artist. We'll see. Still, even getting him involved oh Lichemaster, Lixie is stalking me! The horror, the horror, the horror! AAAAAAAAAARRRRRGH! *skulldesk* *skulldesk** skulldesk* peripherally is cool.

Yeah, there we go, there's that terror! He was right, it did just take a while to sink in!
    Dawwww. I feel honoured by your fear, lichie. ^^
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

12. - Top - End - #1152
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bayonet Priest View Post
    I take it you're enjoying it?

Following Fallout Equestria was pretty much my thing for a while. It was definitely a fun ride.
    Yes. Diamond Tiara's little segment was one of the best parts, but I'm withholding complex judgement till the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    A stirring recommendation. I was just starting Fate Stay Night, too...
    If you're asking me to rank the two, you should read Fate first.

"There are no bad ideas, only bad execution." -DarthBobcat, friend, teacher, ponythreader, anime reviewer, fanfic writer and all around cool dude
    Ironically he stole that from me.

How is it for someone who doesn't have any but the most vestigial knowledge of the setting?
    There are some pretty strong Fallout 3 parallels but the worldbuilding stands completely on it's own. Put it this way: It needs the same knowledge of Fallout as Study in Rainbows needed of Holmes.

13. - Top - End - #1153

Well, actually, a fellow MMOC brony noticed this one from a while ago http://www.equestriadaily.com/2012/0...ot-august.html

In short, they'll announce it four weeks in advance. So his guess is November 17th.
    That was, I note, over two months ago. I daresay it's possible for things to have changed, or for the person providing the information to have been mistaken, or for Seth to have misunderstood or misconveyed the information... There are any number of possible ways that could turn out to be inaccurate.
    Level 4 Bibliophile/Level 3 Bard, working toward the Bibliomancer Prestige Class

Brandon Sanderson recommender... In The Playground!

14. - Top - End - #1154

Ironically he stole that from me.
    Well yeah, isn't it ponythread tradition to steal from Thanqol?
    My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic: The Thread, The Game, The Tumblr.
    Human Crossings Avatar made by Thanqol

15. - Top - End - #1155
    Colossus in the Playground

Supplementary thought:

Fallout: Equestria + As Celestia Is My Witness = The Most Disturbing, Painful Thing Ever.

16. - Top - End - #1156
    Titan in the Playground

Supplementary thought:

Fallout: Equestria + As Celestia Is My Witness = The Most Disturbing, Painful Thing Ever.
    I can not decide if that's reason for me to read Fallout:Equestria after all, or to stick to my decision not to read it.

17. - Top - End - #1157
    Firbolg in the Playground

Supplementary thought:

.......Oh my gosh.

Actualy, no, The Most Disurbing, Painful Thing Ever is probably in Project Horizons. Somewhere. Might need to read it to pick a exact moment.
    Last edited by Pokonic; 2012-09-20 at 07:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

18. - Top - End - #1158

Not sure if posted yet, but Fiery Joker reviews Boast Busters

Like how he does go into what he likes about Trixie, hates about the episode, and dislikes about the message at the end.

19. - Top - End - #1159

And that's how Midnight was made! (slightly-screen-stretchy comic)
    Spoiler
    Show

I have to wonder, how many people understand that joke I made considering how often new people join us.

20. - Top - End - #1160

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    .......Oh my gosh.

Actualy, no, The Most Disurbing, Painful Thing Ever is probably in Project Horizons. Somewhere. Might need to read it to pick a exact moment.
    No, the most disturbing thing ever is inhaling a lungful of Tearcloud and the hallucinations that follow.
    (Un?)official ponythread element of airships.

21. - Top - End - #1161

Scoobie would have been a better Ddog.

Naw, it's "May a Llama spit in your eye and not split your change!"
    To follow tradition: May your crotch be infested with the fleas of ten thousand camels and your arms be forever too short to scratch!

Supplementary thought:

Spoilered for Thanqol, and whoever else that has not read Fallout: Equestria.
    Spoiler
    Show
    No, really, Thanqol. Don't read this.
    Spoiler
    Show
    You are Littlepip, she of the colorful vulgarities, am I right?
    Princess Celestia, upon meeting our foul-mouthed protagonist
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

22. - Top - End - #1162

Quote Originally Posted by Maxtronaut View Post
    No, the most disturbing thing ever is inhaling a lungful of Tearcloud and the hallucinations that follow.
    You know whats worse?

What happens to yor lungs after you inhale it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post
    To follow tradition: May your crotch be infested with the fleas of ten thousand camels and your arms be forever too short to scratch!
    "May all your hooves be ripped off exept one, so that it might get a ulcer!"
    Show

23. - Top - End - #1163
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gideon Falcon View Post

I greatly enjoy that fanfic. Though it does occasionally get a little heavy on the angst.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Fedora View Post
    As a fellow avian wearing a fedora, I would like to make a proposal. Way I see it, there's only two options. Either we fight to the death as there can be only one, or we band together to take over the world! Alternatively, you can ignore my insane ramblings.

Make your choice. That is all.

Oh and if it's a good story, could you provide a link?
    I can handle that for you.
    One Tin Pony avatar by Balmas

Current Projects: Dragon: the Inheritance

24. - Top - End - #1164
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Maxtronaut View Post
    no, far more disturbing is coughing up all kinds of bizarre colors without a known toxic agent.

seriously, screw my lungs
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

25. - Top - End - #1165

I don't have lungs, but doesn't sound like a good idea.

I fought you all!!!!!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    *Hugs for breaking the awkardness!YAAY!
    ...Realizes he's hugging a physical manifestation of evil...*
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins View Post
    He's adorable, but he's a threat to all who call the universe home. He must be stopped, no matter the cost
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Drake View Post
    "Evil, evil, death, stab, kill, cheese, moon-stuff, mice, evil, evil mice..."

Musings Pulled from D_Lord's head.

26. - Top - End - #1166
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    True true. Alright you've convinced me that Ruby makes for a better Rarity then Blue.
    Victory: I made my mindset known enough to change someone else's mind, even if it was completely inconsequential!

That's a lot of pony! I can never manage to watch a marathon. I can only handle so much television before I need to actually do something.
    Challenge Accepted.

Well played.
    I try my best. Go Big, or Go Home. I rather enjoy that creed.

Go for it. Some very good stories can be very cliched but are still good. How about to start you tell us what the stories would be about? I find just writing the concept down makes for a good starting point.
    I'm scared that once I do write it down, once I do get started, I won't be able to stop... and if it doesn't deserve to exist in the first place, then I'm no better than half of those that have given me the bias that I have.

It'd be terrible to completely suck at something you shouldn't have any business doing in the first place, just making a complete mess of everything around you...

If you really want to know, I'll try to write little blurbs for both. A paragraph in general about each one's world and setting, and an additional paragraph about the main protagonist of each.

Somewhere along the line, I actually gave serious thought about a freaking Web-Comic.... I just need to try to control all of the random thoughts so I can actually focus on figuring out my purpose in life!

I don't really turn off the Internet. My work habits tend to be read 20-30 minutes, 5 minute break, repeat. I just keep giantitp open on my computer most of the day. Only rarely, when I really need to get something done, do I turn off all electronics.
    I have no less than 3 electronic devices gathering data for me at any time during the day, baring alternative conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by Strife Warzeal View Post
    I have no idea where it came from, my dad just gave me one. First of all, I'm pretty sure "maple bacon" is a specfically prepared type of bacon, kind of like "applewood bacon". As far as I could tell it's flavor itself is the maple taste, but then here is the crazy thing, there are bits of real, slightly smokey, bacon. I thought it would be kinda bad at first, I was wrong.
    ..... what sorcery be this!?!

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    I was in a small one once... back before the term even existed.
    Evening at University campus when my group passed by another group of people in front of the Administration building... come to think of it, first time I heard of a Star Wars dance number as well.
    Empire On Ice? (Warning, Robot Chicken, and Links are not safe for work)

Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post
    Also, several threads back after someone linked a "Secret Fetish" calculator,
    Eww..

I ran Bleakbane's name through and tried to post the results, only to be malleted by Igor. Now, for the amusement of ponythread, I present Bleakbane's secret:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Seriously, I'm going to post it:
    Spoiler
    Show
    And here it is:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I bet you guys do that all the time. You enjoy it, too. Can't believe I fell for it.

If only it weren't for those meddling kids!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Heh... I'd sooner blame THOSE BLASTED TURTLES!

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    We're handing out keyblades now? I want one! :D
    Yeah, get in line, bub. I'd sell my soul for a keyblade.

On a related note, if you have any advice for tackling the Battle Subway... ¬_¬
    Unfortunately, that's not something I can really give advice on yet. I'm about to start my journey over entirely, infact.

He's beautiful on the inside. Seriously, some of those gases are a beautiful colour.
    Sunny Day - Flame Thrower - Sunny Day - Fire Blast - Explosion.

Brought the house freaking -down-.

Ah, really? I did not realise that. Hmm... I do still have those shiny johto dogs they gave out as a movie tie-in a while back.
    Keldeo is actually considered a special legendary for some reason, not allowed on the Battle Subway, for example. Maybe substitute Cobalion for it instead for her team. But then again, he is special..

What about mew, jirachi, shaymin etc.? Are they still considered too strong for regular play?
    They are banned in game, but a lot of people give them passes online. It depends on who you play with.

Lol, okay fair enough. Didn't realise that site was NSFW, I found the picture on Google.
    It's NSFW like -CRAZY!-. And ever since having seen it, this computer has been giving me pop ups every time I use Google...

Pffff. I'm not worrie about birds, I'm a prince of AAAAAGHCHAAARIZAAARD
    When Gods can be beaten by a powered up but otherwise worthless fish and some strategy, I'd be worried about anything, if I do say so myself.

Aye. I've been considering it myself - the Internet is becoming a thing I do because it's there, not because I want to.
    All will be one with the net, so we may as well get it over with now, while we're still on it's good side.

Key blades aren't handed out, key chains are.
    ..... that's very good to know.

Besides, a good few of us earne those. Not me, I'm shameless and took the first opening I could, but some of us!
    Eh... trivialises it, in my opinon.

"There are no bad ideas, only bad execution." -DarthBobcat, friend, teacher, ponythreader, anime reviewer, fanfic writer and all around cool dude
    ... that makes me feel worse! I'm going to take half way decent, if cliche, ideas, and do them poorly! I might be a worse writer than She-Who-Must-Not-Be-Allowed-To-Write!

Original has a lot of meanings. You will notice however that nowhere in te definition o original, any of the definitions, is original given slant as good.
    Would you rather do something good, or something original?
    I'm scared I might not do either...

You are a disorder? That's quite novel for an OC.
    Wait, I'm an OC now? I thought I was just me...

My usual rant on identifying yourself via disorders will be belayed however, as its not appropriate to the levity with which you meant this.

Of course now I'm trying to wokbreech into a saucy allusion as its near the cannon, which is part of the rear leg of an equine...
    ........ oh no, I am -not- falling for that again.

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post

SPEAK ENGLISH!

Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post
    That must be what hell feels like..... I no longer wish I was part Tyranosaurus Rex.

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post

Wow... I don't think I could devote the months of training, breedng, training of said brood, and repeat at nausium, for 200ish Pokemon...

How do you even remotely narrow down that many Pokemon into a squad of 6?

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    I'd love to meet them.
    So would I...

@ Lich Lorn Shipping:

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by D_Lord View Post
    I don't have lungs, but doesn't sound like a good idea.
    Personally, I can't vouch for anything random put in the lungs. I get physically high from paint thinner fumes alone.

On a random note, no one else thinks that it's odd that a woman might face 20 years in prison for massaging a horse without a permit?
    Last edited by INoKnowNames; 2012-09-20 at 09:47 PM.

27. - Top - End - #1167

Quote Originally Posted by INoKnowNames View Post
    ..... what sorcery be this!?!
    This be the sorcery of GODS! Or you know, you could just find out here. Or for more research just search for the flavor by name, "Man Bait".

Look, it's Discord holding a plush Discord:
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #1168

Spoiler
    Show
    Maddness

Also, everyone, watch this PMV. It's the PMViest.
    Show

29. - Top - End - #1169
    Ogre in the Playground

Well yeah, isn't it ponythread tradition to steal from Thanqol?
    I thought it was a ponythread tradition to murder Thanqol? Or is it both?

"May all your hooves be ripped off exept one, so that it might get a ulcer!"
    "May Princess Celestia appoint you to be Professor Boffinspark's overseer!"

I bet you guys do that all the time. You enjoy it, too. Can't believe I fell for it.
    Actually not that often, I just felt like it was a opportunity for it.

........ oh no, I am -not- falling for that again.
    ...you're no fun.
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

30. - Top - End - #1170

"May Princess Celestia appoint you to be Professor Boffinspark's overseer!"
    "May you have the honer to babysit Silents daughter!"
    Show