New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 223738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 1477
  1. - Top - End - #1381
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Bleach V: Well that was a waste of time (Fullbring? What's that?)

Concerning Kubo's writing, there is actually a really big, clearly defined reason for why he keeps on making new characters for no reason. He's flat out said that, when he thinks of an idea, he just instantly creates a new character. It's just how he writes. This arguablly makes it worse since he totally knows it.

However, for me, the thing I hate the most about Bleach is the lost potential. It could of been great.

2. - Top - End - #1382

Oh hey new chapter appeared!

Spoiler
    Show
    ....ok wow this chapter was terrible. Glad to see Kubo couldn't resist taking off ANOTHER arm. That's like, 7 or 8 this arc.

Also, whatever the 0th Division is, it's going to be as stupid as what's his face, the 0th Arrancar.

And finally...why didn't they bring in the soldiers first? Seriously, their best generals are all DEAD, so NOW they bring in the cavalry. This is such a stupid aaaaaaarc.

3. - Top - End - #1383
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Oh hey new chapter appeared!

Spoiler
    Show
    ....ok wow this chapter was terrible. Glad to see Kubo couldn't resist taking off ANOTHER arm. That's like, 7 or 8 this arc.

Also, whatever the 0th Division is, it's going to be as stupid as what's his face, the 0th Arrancar.

And finally...why didn't they bring in the soldiers first? Seriously, their best generals are all DEAD, so NOW they bring in the cavalry. This is such a stupid aaaaaaarc.
    Still getting new to the forums so forgive me if I break any unspoken laws.

Spoiler
    Show
    But the Zeroth Divison is the Royal Guard, there has been a lot of build up to them, despite some confusing on power. But they are supposed to be the King of Soul Societies body guards I believe.

Wait if the guy with the mohawk is still alive, does that mean the other two are alive as well?
    Last edited by Codyage; 2012-10-10 at 01:53 AM.

4. - Top - End - #1384
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Bringing in the lowly soldiers now makes some sense to me. They first have taken out some of the captains, who would've cut down the soldiers like straw. By waiting until now, they've given them a greater chance, though they had to sacrifice a few of their own strong men.

Their conquering force might've gotten weaker overall because of it, maybe, but their occupying force will be much, much stronger because of it, should they want to do that.

I liked the bit of history. I didn't like everything else that happened to Genryuusai outside of that.

Besides that, the chapter felt really, really dull.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

5. - Top - End - #1385
    Troll in the Playground

latest chapter

Spoiler
    Show
    To be honest, this chapter was actually ok, bordering on well written, but then again nothing really happened, so impressed? No. I did like the whole I am the villain of your past speech. it was appropiate. The stuff about the arm actually almost made me believe the fact that Kubo knows how to write. I might have seemed minor at the time, but apparently the complications are greater then they seem.
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

6. - Top - End - #1386
    Banned

Wait. Wait. Wait.

Spoiler
    Show
    Yamamoto could have died an AWESOME death back then fighting Aizen. But he didn't. He was kept alive with no explanation so now he dies like this? Was this supposed to be climatic? I understand Kubo is trying to pull a worf here, but talk about lousy storytelling. Yamamoto avoided the best death Kubo could have given him... to die fighting against a nobody. Yeah, he is the new bad guy, whatever, but he is new and he has already acknowledged he is below Aizen. Yamamoto x Aizen had built up. This was an asspull.

Also, Kenpachi defeated offscreen. God, I hate this stupid arc.
    Last edited by ThiagoMartell; 2012-10-10 at 02:44 AM.

7. - Top - End - #1387

I'm gonna give the benefit of the doubt here, and hope that there is a method to this madness. (Though I did like this week's chapter.)

8. - Top - End - #1388
    Bugbear in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Did anyone else notice how Yamamoto grabbing Bach's cape was similar to Ichigo grabbing Byakuya's Haori? Both had been lethally cut just before their respective scenes, Yamamoto more so. I take this as Kubo intentionally showing how Bleach has changed and signifying that it has come to a full circle. It was Byakuya's ruthlessness contrasting to Rukia's kindness being primary factor which establishes soul society as antagonists in first two arcs, but Ichigo had someone caring for him and even the supposed antagonist showed some mercy. Genryuusai dies alone as old man with nobody being present to help him, and gets his body mutilated. Even at the beginning we had Rukia showing us that SS can't be all bad, perhaps Ishida and his kin shall play similar role to the quincy this time around. If so, next chapter would be good place for them to appear to show as that quincies too have infighting.

Or he just forgot beginning of Bleach and unintentionally used the same scene.

9. - Top - End - #1389
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Spoiler
    Show
    Hmmm. Yeah Yama's dead. The only one that might save him isn't around. But it seems that he had sealed something really nasty away a long time ago and now he's gone, it's come back. NOw wouldn't that be a bit of a twist. The Quincy NOT being the main enemy, but whatever the Old Man had sealed off.
    Last edited by HandofShadows; 2012-10-10 at 06:15 AM.

10. - Top - End - #1390
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    From what I understood Yama himself was the monster at the beginning, I mean Bach did say that the original squads were essentially a bunch of Kempachi.
    So 10 gp says Ichigo finally arrives sees SS in ruins and hollowfies, if the Horned mask isn't his "Vasto Lord" form then he evolves to it and tears a new one to the Soldats.

Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

11. - Top - End - #1391
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

I freaking knew nothing worthwhile would come out of this chapter.

God, why do I get suckered into wasting time on this still?

12. - Top - End - #1392
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by INoKnowNames View Post
    I freaking knew nothing worthwhile would come out of this chapter.

God, why do I get suckered into wasting time on this still?
    Bleach has become the mother of all train wrecks, you don't want to see/read it; but you simply can´t avoid doing it.
    Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

13. - Top - End - #1393
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Kubo. Mother of all trolls.

Or rather mother****er of all trolls.

I mean really, this crap isn't even worth spoiling.

Everyone dies. Or is useless. The end.

Prediction: the last chapter of Bleach will be an even newer bad guy murdering everyone off screen without explanation and then proceed to do something lewd directed at the reader.

To the rest of the world: you should've stopped reading at the end of the Hueco Mundo arc. You'd be happier for it.

14. - Top - End - #1394
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk Eclipse View Post
    Bleach has become the mother of all train wrecks, you don't want to see/read it; but you simply can´t avoid doing it.
    I want to start refering to it as Anime's Twilight. It's just that badly written.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscipleofBob View Post
    Kubo. Mother of all trolls.

Or rather mother****er of all trolls.

I mean really, this crap isn't even worth spoiling.

Everyone dies. Or is useless. The end.

Prediction: the last chapter of Bleach will be an even newer bad guy murdering everyone off screen without explanation and then proceed to do something lewd directed at the reader.

To the rest of the world: you should've stopped reading at the end of the Hueco Mundo arc. You'd be happier for it.

15. - Top - End - #1395
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    From what I understood Yama himself was the monster at the beginning, I mean Bach did say that the original squads were essentially a bunch of Kempachi.
    So 10 gp says Ichigo finally arrives sees SS in ruins and hollowfies, if the Horned mask isn't his "Vasto Lord" form then he evolves to it and tears a new one to the Soldats.
    If the first Kenpachi (Zaraki is the 11th) was one of the first Shinigami, imagine how good and strong of a swordsman he must've been!

Also, with how Bleach seems to be showcasing how a bad chapter can top a previous one several times in a row, I'm surprised we haven't started some kind of "manga slaying" of it, like how that used to be popular with Dominic Deegan.

16. - Top - End - #1396

Griffon

Gonna be perfectly honest, Kenpachi's "ultimate form" as shown againest that hercules beetle esque dude, was hilarious.
    Quote Originally Posted by VanBuren View Post
    Only Kenpachi would consider "swinging with two hands" to be a secret technique.
    Kenpachi: My [extra arm] beats your [4 extra arms]!
    Mayuri: My [science] beats your [science]!
    Byakuya: My [shunpo] beats your [spanish shunpo]!
    Ichigo: My [17th form] beats your [3rd form]!
    Toshiro: My [ice] beats your [waterJUSTKIDDINGAIZEN'D]!
    Kyoroku: My [2 swords] beats your [2 guns]!
    Yumichika: My [flowers] beats your [flower]!
    Komamura: My [bigness] beats your [bigness]!
    Uryu: My [vibrator] beats your [vibrator]!

...I'll stop now

17. - Top - End - #1397
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    Also, with how Bleach seems to be showcasing how a bad chapter can top a previous one several times in a row, I'm surprised we haven't started some kind of "manga slaying" of it, like how that used to be popular with Dominic Deegan.
    I honestly don't understand what you mean.

18. - Top - End - #1398
    Firbolg in the Playground

So. Yamamoto is confirmed dead. Shunsui has taken a brace of bullets while distracted by this unfortunate event (I hold out hope for him though... he wasn't slowed much by getting shot in the eye). The Quincies have brought in their actual, proper army now. And apparently zero division might be showing up (And I hope they have a bloody amazing excuse for where the hell they've been all this time).

That said, the explosion in the sky will probably be Ichigo breaking out of the cage thing. Possibly with supporters in some kind of mad cavalry charge. But there's not a vast amount I can see him doing here... even if he has gone back to the Hollow form, that's rather indiscriminate to try using in a city fight.

To quote a friend... "There is no middle finger big enough."

You remember back a few pages, when I confessed I was actually feeling kinda positive and hopeful towards the whole situation? Yeah. That didn't last..
    "Not trusting me might be the smartest decision you made since getting off of your horse."

Avatar by Ifni, who is rightly awesome.

19. - Top - End - #1399

Ok, after having cooled a bit in my sleep, I can now say more clearer thoughts on this.

While still completely stupid,this chapter was HILARIOUS. "Silly Genryusai, even while dead you try to stop me".

20. - Top - End - #1400
    Ogre in the Playground

Yamaji went out like a punk... He could have gone down like a badass like Sarutobi from Naruto or Whitebeard of One piece... but no, he went out wasting his power on a minion and then getting easily whooped by the main villain and did not even manage to accomplish anything in his final moments... So sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    If the first Kenpachi (Zaraki is the 11th) was one of the first Shinigami, imagine how good and strong of a swordsman he must've been!

Dominic deegan makes slaying easy since its very easy to rearrange the panels to create many different kinds of parody's... its a little harder with comics

Quote Originally Posted by INoKnowNames View Post
    I honestly don't understand what you mean.
    "Slaying" is when you take pages from the comic, but rewrite the dialogue, rearrange panels or change the image to create a parody...

Some bleach examples via deviantart
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by slayerx; 2012-10-10 at 12:21 PM.

21. - Top - End - #1401
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by slayerx View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    Clearly not enough Tsukishima self-inserts.

22. - Top - End - #1402
    Orc in the Playground

I wish some monster from hell would rise from Yama's corpse and separate Bach's head from his torso. It would still be out of nowhere but at least I'd like it… (^ ^)'
    Exception cannot prove the rule. It disproves it.

23. - Top - End - #1403
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Tenno Seremel View Post
    I wish some monster from hell would rise from Yama's corpse and separate Bach's head from his torso. It would still be out of nowhere but at least I'd like it… (^ ^)'
    Well maybe not from Yama directly. I actually DO see a possibility of this.

24. - Top - End - #1404
    Troll in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

I actually liked the chapter. At the very least it explained why he never got his arm healed.

25. - Top - End - #1405
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by slayerx View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    I liked the second one.

26. - Top - End - #1406
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    I would say that the original squads where made up of people much worse than Kempachi. Kempachi likes to fight and while killing is part of that fighting (He calls it the cost of a fight at one point) he does not enjoy killing. In fact he seems to have the policy of letting defeated foes live. The people in the old squads though, they seem to have been butchers that enjoyed killing.

27. - Top - End - #1407
    Firbolg in the Playground

My personal theory? The Gotei 13 was, at least in part, designed as a safe way to keep the most rampantly dangerous individuals in the afterlife busy and distracted.

Captains and their equivilents are, quite simply, horrifically powerful. Flash step, Kido, their Zanpahkto... The only way you're going to beat a Captain-level opponent is to be one yourself. If they wanted, they could pretty much do whatever they wanted to just about anybody, and based on Bach's comments, I'd imagine a lot of them did. Chances are they were every bit as horrifying as the Hollows.

So Yamamoto comes along, and he founds the Gotei 13 as a way to direct the two most dangerous, horrifically nasty sets of individuals in three worlds against each other. The rampaging monsters that were the original Gotei are presented with an endless source of enemies they can butcher, a full support structure so they never have to really work on mundane things themselves ever again, and the implicit understanding that they receive authority, respect and outright devotion from what are effectively private armies so long as they stay focused on the Hollows. It even becomes self sustaining, as the Captains are likely to turn on anyone who might risk screwing up the comfortable positions they've got going here.

And once it's started, and become somewhat self-sustaining, Yamamoto can dial back on his own genocidal monster credentials. He can favour people like Kyoraku and Ukitake, who are honestly nice folks, without fearing that they'll stab him in the back. And slowly, the Gotei becomes civilized.

That is why he is so set against overthrowing the established order, because he knows how necessary it is. And if it collapses, it doesn't matter that the ones responsible are innocent and well intentioned, because it loses every possibility of future control over the monsters.

Because Gin? Sociopathic killer, easily. Kenpachi is a bloodthirsty maniac. Hitsugaya is a walking powerhouse who, without the formal training, would have rapidly reached the point of killing everyone around him by sheer presence. Soi-fon, Yoruichi and the Second Division as a whole are basically a clan of assassins that only now have anything resembling oversight. Even Byakuya could have easily become a dictatorial ruler if he wasn't channeled in the direction of obeying the rules. And let's not even start on what Mayuri could have been...

It's the best explanation I can come up with for why the Gotei exists in its current form, anyway.
    "Not trusting me might be the smartest decision you made since getting off of your horse."

Avatar by Ifni, who is rightly awesome.

28. - Top - End - #1408
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Maugan Ra View Post
    It's the best explanation I can come up with for why the Gotei exists in its current form, anyway.
    And it's awesome. The Gotei 13 makes a lot of sense explained like that.
    Truth resists simplicity.

29. - Top - End - #1409

And yet despite this, the Quincies are presented as the bad guys. They were a group of well meaning but unknowing people who were slaughtered by the shinigami instead of just talking things out.

Which would make a REALLY cool plot, if not for the fact that Bach just told his men, specificly, to VIOLATE Soul Sociaty, thus making them appear to be even more villanous.

30. - Top - End - #1410
    Troll in the Playground

And yet despite this, the Quincies are presented as the bad guys. They were a group of well meaning but unknowing people who were slaughtered by the shinigami instead of just talking things out.
    Well, back in the early days it was pretty clear that the shinigami did try to talk it out, and the Quincies said "no screw you", presumably because they refused to believe in the soul balance and that Hollows didn't have moral culpability.

Even Ishida, when the story was first given, said as much. The Quincies were in the wrong in that war, and it continued until their survivors surrendered and agreed to stop obliterating souls, at which point the shinigami stopped targeting them. I mean, there was still one family of Quincies a freaking thousand years after the massacre. That's a lot of time to dwindle in nature.
    If you like my thoughts, you'll love my writing. Visit me at www.mishahandman.com.