New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 46 of 52 FirstFirst ... 213637383940414243444546474849505152 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 1534
  1. - Top - End - #1351
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 49

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    [Market Zone]

Meanwhile...Jamie happens to be making her way through the marketplace, buying fresh vegetables, eggs, some herbs, sun tea, and a turducken.
    [Market Zone]

As Jamie wanders through the aisles, she may happen upon a girl in a long grey coat. Her black hair is streaked with blue, and her clear eyes sparkle with a sapphire sheen. She appears to be trying to pick a flavor of tea from the wide variety available.

An expression of concentration is evident on her features, but then she suddenly spins around. The briefest flicker of suspicion crosses her face before turning into a small smile towards Jamie. "Oh, hello there. Are you here for the tea as well?"
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

2. - Top - End - #1352
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Red Zone Apartment]

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    "No complaint here." Ignai says with a smile. "Sounds like I'm in for a treat, though. I bet you're pretty dang good at cooking after doing it so much. I can't wait."
    "I hope you like it, it is a old dwarf recipe I found. That was one of the reasons I found my way to the Nexus in the first place. I figured here you could find any recipe in existence. What better place for a wanna be chef right?

How about you, how'd you end up in the crossroads of existence?"

Astrid relaxes on the couch for a bit keeping an eye on the clock to make sure the bread doesn't burn.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

3. - Top - End - #1353
    Troll in the Playground

[Market Zone]

Jamie looks up in surprise as she's suddenly spoken to, red hair bobbing as she blinks, then smiles. "Oh, hi. Yeah, I am. Stocking up, you know? I reccomend the gunpowder tea," she volunteers.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

4. - Top - End - #1354
    Ogre in the Playground

[Red Zone Apartment]

"Oh, well..." Ignai rubs her arm. "I've been here for a few years now. Kind of showed up here after my parents kicked me out. Not the happiest of circumstances." She shrugs a bit and idly toys with her torn ear.

5. - Top - End - #1355
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Red Zone Apartment]

"Oh, sorry to hear that. I ran away from home."

She gets up to go pull the bread out of the stove. She looks back over her shoulder at Ignai as she plays with her ear.

"Want to talk about it?"
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

6. - Top - End - #1356
    Pixie in the Playground

[Market Street]

Kenyon's travels continue, as he shows various NPCs pictures of his friends, in hopes of finding any trace. After all, they too were NPCs before he met them, maybe they re-integrated back into that society...

His luck appears to be poor, however, after another NPC looks closely at the photo, then shakes their head. Kenyon calmly thanks them for their assistance, but his face darkens as he turns away, grumbling to himself as he walks down the street.

7. - Top - End - #1357
    Ogre in the Playground

[Market Street]

As Kenyon is walking down the street, he will see a curious sight. There appears to be a large, four foot square block of sedimentary rock steadily moving toward him from the opposite direction. Sitting on top of said rock is a young girl, about thirteen years old, with oddly red hair. She has a tomboy-ish look going on for her, what with her baggy, boy-like clothes and big hiking books.

[Red Zone Apartment]

"I don't know. There's not much to talk about really. I was a 'disgrace to the family', and I never even did anything on my own to deserve it." Ignai sighs. It's hard to think back on that. "So yeah, I didn't have much choice in going somewhere. This place is okay."
    Last edited by Gullara; 2013-01-17 at 01:06 AM.

8. - Top - End - #1358

[Market Zone]

Jamie looks up in surprise as she's suddenly spoken to, red hair bobbing as she blinks, then smiles. "Oh, hi. Yeah, I am. Stocking up, you know? I reccomend the gunpowder tea," she volunteers.
    [Market Zone]

The girl smiles. "Yep! Tea is wonderful. Never tried gunpowder tea though." She picks up a box of it and examines it. "I've always preferred herbal teas. Earl Grey is nice, too."
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

9. - Top - End - #1359
    Ogre in the Playground

[Market Zone]

Char looks up from the jelly stand she's ogling, only to notice her old classmate Jamie. She bounds over and pops up behind Jamie. "Hey!" She says, stretching out the word. "I haven't seen you in ages! How've you been!"
    If you need me somewhere, don't hesitate to PM me. I have bad mental health days sometimes, so if I vanish that's probably why. PMs will help break me out of that.
    ~~~~~
    Games I'm Running:
    Digimon: Recollections (OoC)
    Fate/Grand Order: Chaldean Irregulars (OoC)
    ~~~~~
    Kyoko-atar by Coronalwave

10. - Top - End - #1360
    Troll in the Playground

[Inside the Sinkhole]

Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    Sora breathes out, letting his magic go, "We have injured; medical attention is necessary. Most of the more critical wounds have been stabilized, but those that don't need to see a doctor are in a pretty small minority here."
    "I've got a doctor who can help," Susan says. "But I'll need to take the wounded onto my ship in order for him to see to them."

[Market Zone]

"Earl Grey causes baldness. That's what I've heard anyway."
    After all, have you ever seen any hair on Picard's head? And what does he always drink? Coincidence? I think NOT!
    "But herbal teas are good. Healthy, too -"
    She then pauses, hearing a familiar voice, then grins and goes to hug her old friend!
    "Hi Char! I'm doing great! Oh, hey, this is Char," she says, turning back to the new girl, "and I'm Jamie. Jamie Misaki Catherine Druid. What's your name?"

(Sorry for drifting off like that, got distracted. )

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

11. - Top - End - #1361
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Inside the Sinkhole]

Tovpir points at the hole he just came from.

"This way leads directly to the First aid tents at the edge of this area. I could carry one or two people on my back if needed."

The way he points at is aroun 5 feet tall and 6 wide. So a normal human could walkt through it , but he would need to walk crouched. The back of the scorpion appears prepared, remnant did sand his back to allow someone on his back.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

12. - Top - End - #1362
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [DMC]

They are lucky that Mia already turned to the altar and begann a singing prayer. MDM went on his knees as well. As the pair mentions the toaster they hear steam coming out in an annoyed way, but otherwise the robot keeps silent.

Mia's song appears to get reflected from the walls and sounds like dozen people sing.((Like THIS, only when choral sings and not so dark.))

((All atemps))
    As they pray they might suddendly feel like they are moving. The sound of the song lowers and can't be heared after a few moments. If they open their eyes they might see that they aren't in the church anmore. They stand in a long Iron corridor leading to a gate which seems to be opwn. They also might notice that they are alon, still feeling the other one right next to them. A deep dark voice from the gate seems to call them, even if they can't understand the language it's using.
    [DMC]

Sakura sits and closes her eyes when she sees Adir do so. It's not long after he starts talking that she cracks and eye open to peek at him, though. "And thanks for the toaster too." She adds with a giggle. She bites it off quickly, but she's finding to hard to be as serious as she probably should be.
    Adir nearly laughs, and she'll see a smile eke out at the edge of his mouth, but he doesn't quite give in. The stag's a little more respectful around things like this.

He opens his eyes at the change in sensation and is, all of a sudden, somewhere else. The stag's head whips around, scanning the hallway from one end to the other. No pregnant wife in sight. "Sakura?" He shouts, worry coloring his words. "Mia?"

Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    Grey Zone - House of Wares

"Right then," Ashley says. "We'll head there as soon as you're ready. You coming with, Wrath?"
    "I must keep moving," Kailee says, standing and powering down Wrath's phone. She'd nearly beaten the thing anyway. She had to keep her mind off Elexxion and focus on surviving.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

13. - Top - End - #1363
    Ogre in the Playground

[Rocket Man]

"Get away from me or we'll all die!"?
    "Uh huh. That's going to happen."
    KR takes a good look at the cyborg. Or will have taken a good look at the cyborg. It's occurred to me that I don't actually have any clue what it looks like, which is a problem when I'm trying to fight it.
    If Enshadu is wearing a jetpack with an obvious fuel tank, or is in possession of some other visible storage space full of fuel, KR will pull out a blaster and shoot at it. That Enshadu is moving very fast is not an issue with her. She's friggin' KR after all. She knows how to shoot things. And all this flying around is pissing her off.

If there's nothing to shoot at, she's going to let Enshadu fly Zee through the clock tower. Not getting in the way of that. And Zee's a big girl.
    No, instead she's going to be on the other side of it, waiting to hammer Enshadu into the ground after he's blown all his momentum trying to fly through a bloody building carrying a 70 ton weight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

14. - Top - End - #1364
    Ogre in the Playground

[DMC]

"Adir? Where are you?" Sakura spins around, hoping she can see him somewhere. What's going on? She curls her arms over her stomach protectively. "Where am I?" She mumbles to herself.

15. - Top - End - #1365
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Rocket Man]

Reinholdt nibbles his lip. "Oh. Ok. Thanks."

He's going to need a plan, but right now he's drawing a blank. Hmmm...

"Here. Should give you wings." Reinholdt says, tossing an amulet to Wenomir, before zipping off in the direction of the clock tower, ignoring the lightsaber on the ground. May be able to catch up in a bit.

Said amulet is Truggalump's amulet and gives Reinholdt butterfly wings, but you'll have to talk to Earl about that one.
    Wenomir looks at the amulet skeptically. Oh well, here comes nothing. He puts it on.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

16. - Top - End - #1366

[Market Zone]

"Earl Grey causes baldness. That's what I've heard anyway."
    After all, have you ever seen any hair on Picard's head? And what does he always drink? Coincidence? I think NOT!
    "But herbal teas are good. Healthy, too -"
    She then pauses, hearing a familiar voice, then grins and goes to hug her old friend!
    "Hi Char! I'm doing great! Oh, hey, this is Char," she says, turning back to the new girl, "and I'm Jamie. Jamie Misaki Catherine Druid. What's your name?"

(Sorry for drifting off like that, got distracted. )
    [Market Zone]

"No it doesn't! I've been drinking it for several years now, and my hair's still as wonderful as ever."
    Correlation does not imply causation!
    She turns to the new arrival, and tilts her head with a small smile. "Hello Char. And hello again Jamie. My name is Kagamine... Sayuri."

17. - Top - End - #1367
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morcleon View Post
    [Market Zone]

"No it doesn't! I've been drinking it for several years now, and my hair's still as wonderful as ever."
    Correlation does not imply causation!
    She turns to the new arrival, and tilts her head with a small smile. "Hello Char. And hello again Jamie. My name is Kagamine... Sayuri."
    "Nice to meet you Kagamine." Char extends a hand for shaking
    If you need me somewhere, don't hesitate to PM me. I have bad mental health days sometimes, so if I vanish that's probably why. PMs will help break me out of that.
    ~~~~~
    Games I'm Running:
    Digimon: Recollections (OoC)
    Fate/Grand Order: Chaldean Irregulars (OoC)
    ~~~~~
    Kyoko-atar by Coronalwave

18. - Top - End - #1368

Quote Originally Posted by lord pringle View Post
    "Nice to meet you Kagamine." Char extends a hand for shaking
    [Market Zone]

"Just Sayuri, please. I don't much care for my family name." After a brief moment of hesitation, Sayuri takes the proffered hand and shakes it.

19. - Top - End - #1369
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Rocket Man]

The nasty whirling blades begin biting into Zee's limb! Uh oh! This might actually work! "Whoops! Where did I go?" the now vanished creature laughs. "Wait! Here I am!"

Or maybe not vanished. The eldritch abomination just minimized her three dimensional cross section down to the size of a field mouse and then aimed to ram Enshadu in the arm with all of her disproportionate might.

Between the robot's forward momentum, the fact that he's careening through a building, the pressure he was putting on Zee's now bleeding limb (though she's pretty small now, harder to notice), and Zee's lil'est flying jump kick Enshadu just may end up buzz-sawing himself right in the face.

If he does 'stop hitting yourself' may be in order when he exits the other side of the clock-tower and possibly gets clobbered in the gob by KR.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

20. - Top - End - #1370
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Morcleon View Post

Skyfellow's

"...to be honest, the power of friendship isn't always as perfect as anime shows," mutters Hikari darkly. She sighs, shakes off the glum mood and gives Jake a radiant smile. "Doesn't matter though! If I just keep trying, it'll definitely work!"

"As for Sam here,"
    continues the magical girl with a faint smile. She places a friendly arm on the girl's shoulders and guides her closer to Jake. "She got washed up on top of my sunset viewing spot, and I decided to bring her here to Inside so we could find a way past her amnesia. Unfortunately, just the sight of you isn't enough. We'll have to find a more potent method."
    Jake nods. "Ah. Amnesiac. Well, I suppose that makes me the lucky one. I don't suppose you remember the slider band or Thomas, do you?" Sam recognizes the names, but can't remember what the latter correlates to.
    "By slider band, you mean this thing ,right?" She holds up her wrist, revealing the wristband on her person.
    "Yeah. Let me, you and Thomas travel between dimensions. Which reminds me; where the hell is Thomas? Eh, never mind." He looked at the magical girl. "Anything I can do to help sort out this mess?"
    You've nothing to fear but fear itself.
    And that crazy guy with a chainsaw behind you.
    The Cost to Save the World - My POKEMON fanfiction RECENTLY UPDATED
    Morality is for people who don't have other people trying to kill them every five minutes - Gordon Freeman
    NEXUS CHARACTERS

21. - Top - End - #1371
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Red Zone Apartment]-

"I don't know. There's not much to talk about really. I was a 'disgrace to the family', and I never even did anything on my own to deserve it." Ignai sighs. It's hard to think back on that. "So yeah, I didn't have much choice in going somewhere. This place is okay."
    "There a certainly worse places."

Astrid pulls the bread out of the oven and grabs bowls for the stew. It is a mushroom and meat stew. The meat tastes almost like goat or lamb, and it has a very thick broth with a few a variety of tasty mushrooms. She carries over the bowls and small round rolls of bread over and sets them on the table and then takes a seat on the futon.

"Dig in." Astrid tears off pieces of bread and scoops up the stew with it.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

22. - Top - End - #1372
    Bugbear in the Playground

[DMC]

There voices hall from the Wall, but none answers.

The way they stand is mainly made of Iron and leaves only two ways to go. One is the way where the gate is and the other sone leads into a deep darkness. Strange nois can be heared from the gate, but unless they go closer it's hard to say what happens their.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

23. - Top - End - #1373
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Riftside - Within the Glow

Needs puts the femur away in his robe, realizing that it is needed elsewhere. He tries to turn about, focus his natural eyes on the source of this madness. Normally he wouldn't bother with them, but this far into the park, his extrasensory abilities would just get overloaded with information.

"Invisible walls. And here we thought we had better programmers."
    Riftside - Within the Glow

Needs' normal eyes don't really see anything hugely important about the sphere apart from what he's already gleaned. It's a glowing ball of light surrounding a prism surrounding a hole that's been frozen in the open position by the prism. In addition to that there is apparently some invisible force around it that prevented him from simply vaulting into it.

It should be mentioned that the world around him outside the edge of the park has a bit of duality to it. He is both fully immersed in this apocalyptic Magworld and back in Inside, at least as far as his eyes can tell. Off in the distance a stiltwalker with an absolutely ludicrous arsenal of weapons is firing at a tiny spec on the ground that's fleeing in fear.

Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    [Riftside - Harnel]

Once again, weird, but not unworkable. Given his flight, Harnel will likely end up at the rift fairly quickly, and his tower gives somewhere for him to stand.

If he's able to land there, he'll do something that's likely quite dangerous. There's only a few real options here, and so he chooses to shove one of his hands into the rift. Who knows? Something might happen. Hopefully it's good.
    Riftside - On the Keep

Something does happen, but not the something he wants. A barrier prevents his hand from moving forward past the point where his scales meet the arm's willowy feminine edge. It is in some way attuned to the type of creature he seems to be slowly becoming, but it does not let him pass. The arm that he extended tingles pleasantly, and if he holds it there for more than a moment he should be able to see that the assimilation is accelerating far faster than it should, letting his hand slip further towards the edge of the sphere. He's still over a foot away though, and he'd have to let his whole upper torso and head be assimilated just to touch the edge of it. There's an odd warmth to the skin that's near the light, and a yearning from all the foreign body parts that borders on a child wishing for its mother.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Riftside]

WELP!

Looks like Gerra is doing his best to stick to the safe zone between horrible gnashing death and horrible fractured into a swarm of smaller creatures dissolution. Neither of those fates are something the griffon fancies.

He's hoping that he'll find a less terrible area where he can set down.
    Riftside - Gerra

Thankfully after a while of this he manages to find a safe place to stand, on a small residential rooftop made of iced gingerbread. The yard around the little house has a candy-cane fence and a little gummy dog yaps at him ferociously.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Riftside - Correl

Correls stops dead in his walk, was Ramushu... talking? He had actually hoped for the sword to communicating with him during his long travels but not this way!

Greatly disturbed by this experience the knight still sees no other choice but to continue this awful charade he was force to experience. This felt far too much like Lady Summerfelts last winter play, but with far less crying and charades.

But then like now, he seemed to have a role to play, no matter how ridiculous it might be. Trying to ignore the horrible voice of the sword and the girls reaction to him, he turns to the one that hadn't passed out yet. "Excuse me miss, what kind of monster am I up against?" It might be good to know before he rushes inside.
    Riftside - Correl

The sword speaks up when the girl seems too awestruck and frightened to reply, "It's gotta be one of the nebulons Pansuto-kun! Now get in there and chop chop chop!"

The front window of the soda shoppe explodes as a juke-box is hurled through it, crashing into the street among a spray of glass shards.

"Oh no, our rocking tunes are ruined!" Exclaims someone from inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Riftside - Ecru

As the gloop wraps around his leg, it may find that it does not cooperate with him well. It's like the leg clips through the goo, getting somewhat stuck but not stuck the way it should. He will then attempt to solidify reality in a sphere around him, only long enough to free himself.

He doesn't try to catch up with Charity. She is of no importance to him.
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Riftside - Charity

And forward Charity goes, with or without Mr Ecru. But she'd prefer without.
    Riftside - Charity and Ecru

Charity is unimpeded, but Ecru's plan of reasserting reality is foolhardy at best. Though destroying the products of these alternate realities seemed to work, forcing it away is like creating a vacuum deep underwater with pressures working from all angles to prevent it. It's not impossible, but without knowing just how powerful Mr. Ecru's effect is it can probably summed up as highly improbable that he has any chance of success maintaining a stable environment.

Quote Originally Posted by Terumitsu View Post
    Crossing the precipice also had an unforeseen side effect of tearing away the humanoid facade that the Entity normally wore. It was mainly for the benefit of others as extended examination their form as described by mundane senses tended to induce thoughts of how terrifyingly insignificant one was or causing dread as if one was looking at some deep, unfathomable void while comprehension slowly eroded to nothing. So, while their shape remained vaguely the same, a brief glance would be like looking at a person made of ever flowing mercury. Here and there, droplets would disengage from the main body only to take orbit around it before reabsorption. While at times this strange 'flesh' would be reflective, it would always refract an image that was not quite right as if one might be playing a game as to where one had to guess what was different between the two. At other times or perhaps just other angles, their body would show a deep, yawning darkness filled with spirals and disks and amorphous shapes made of uncountable pinpricks of color; all of them seemingly bleeding into a uniform bluish-white after a time. Hovering just behind where one might have a spine was a series of seven golden circles, each with six, equidistant spikes on the outside and each spinning as if they were oddly shaped gears and in the center of the topmost circle, floating behind the 'head' like some kind of solar disk, burned a strong violet flame although it's shape appeared to be more like a star in miniature. Six smaller, similar flames were embedded where one might think a face would be, forming a perfect hexagon if one were to draw lines between them.

It only took the briefest measures of time for the Entity to note the change and intone a concept although no sound was made. Rather, a kaleidoscopic iridescence curled it's way about the being; shifting and stirring the particles that built the world around it. Needless to say, this was certainly something quite interesting.
    Riftside - The Entity

Meanwhile, back with a being that seems to require no effort to put things back to right, the Entity's querying shimmer may find itself an answer. The hemisphere of normalcy surrounding them begins to shrink in all but one dimension, extending a line towards the center of this mass of possibility barely a micrometer thick. This small tube of imposed reality pierces through things that were once changed on its way to its destination, bits of fluff and nothing turning into cross-sections of organic matter that quickly die off and fall out of the line's path.

If they stay here eventually the bubble will have shrunk to the point where it can no longer contain them, and who knows what could happen. If they move on, perhaps they will come to find whatever gold lies at the end of this rainbow.

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Riftside

This is odd in about seven ways. The prime of which being that a frail, injured civilian managed to get this far into a chaotic...whatever. And that the dinosaur is who she'd go for medical aid. Or at least that's what Lex is thinking. He's a bit paranoid normally, but with his guns being a liability, it's been turned up to...well, not eleven, but higher than normal. So he doesn't move immediately.
    This might seem odd, but I've got no clue on human anatomy, so I couldn't help you if I tried. Claws, you know. And before I bust my tail finding someone, can you give me a name? And the ninth number of the human alphabet?
    A chaos construct would certainly have trouble with such an organized system as an alphabet. Unless it wouldn't because the previous statement was grounded in logic! Unless it knows I would think that, and tries to toy with me! Or...
    So on and so forth. Like I said: getting paranoid.
    Riftside - Lex

"What? There aren't any numbers in the alphab- listen, it's not important that you trust me, you just need to pay attention. I'm a scholar on alternate histories, and I was studying this rift because it represented a massive leap forward in learning about what separates us from the other possible versions of us there are. I found out first hand why it's usually considered impossible to jump between realities without a stable portal despite the fact that the Nexus pulls people from other dimensions in all the time. There are things in between, waiting for anything they can consume and competing with each other. Things not meant to ever get beyond that space between reality, but they're here now because of the realital merger. They consume those that walk between unguarded and become them. I'm one of them now. Please, find something, a piece of bone, and stab me through the heart while I still have control. Being this close to the rift's center suppressed the thing for now, but I can feel it coming back."

Riftside - Lucy

Lucy frowns, and takes a step along her path.
    Peering at the bird.
    Suspiciously.
    Riftside - Lucy

Lucy is rewarded by an answer to the mystery as the bird's beak opens wide again and it chirps out impossibly loud dubstep music, easily loud enough to do semi-permanent hearing damage with enough exposure. The mimic almost looks cheerful as it defends its territory with these shrieks and warbles.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

24. - Top - End - #1374
    Ogre in the Playground

[Red Zone Apartment]

Ignai smiles gratefully as she accepts the food. She tries to eat slowly, but it's hard to fight the urge to shovel food in her mouth at a fairly quick pace. She's hardly ate anything all day. "This is delicious. You're a good cook." She says between mouthfuls.

25. - Top - End - #1375
    Pixie in the Playground

[Market Street]

As Kenyon is walking down the street, he will see a curious sight. There appears to be a large, four foot square block of sedimentary rock steadily moving toward him from the opposite direction. Sitting on top of said rock is a young girl, about thirteen years old, with oddly red hair. She has a tomboy-ish look going on for her, what with her baggy, boy-like clothes and big hiking books.
    Market Street

Kenyon certainly does take notice of the girl, giving her and the moving rock a wide berth. As they approach, he attempts to ascertain how such a large stone is capable of propelling itself, commenting "Interestin' vehicle you got here, kiddo."

26. - Top - End - #1376
    Ogre in the Playground

[Riftside - On the Keep]

Harnel will quickly pull his hand back when he realizes that. Definitely not safe. Still though... this is the keep, isn't it? If there's one thing that might be able to interact properly with the rift, it's Conflict. Concepts tend to work better at interacting with the immaterial than material objects did.

Harnel will descend into the keep from the trap door on the eyrie, and go into the master bedroom, where he left conflict against the wall.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

27. - Top - End - #1377
    Troll in the Playground

Riftside - Charity

Onwards Charity goes, trying to reach the source of all colours. She realizes she'll go faster if...

... she spreads her arms and paints wings for herself - bright and colourful, like butterfly wings on lsd. And then she flies on.

Aubergine Elmhouse

Willow wonders at him turning his cheek, but it was only intended to be a quick peck anyway. She may be a hormonal teenager, but excessive smooching in a public place is just tacky.

"Want to tell me about where you've been and what you've been up to?"
    Willow asks, her tone cheerful rather than suspicious.
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2013-01-17 at 02:58 PM.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

28. - Top - End - #1378
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kenyon View Post
    Market Street

Kenyon certainly does take notice of the girl, giving her and the moving rock a wide berth. As they approach, he attempts to ascertain how such a large stone is capable of propelling itself, commenting "Interestin' vehicle you got here, kiddo."
    [Market Street]

Kenyon will see that it isn't just a simple stone as it initially appeared. Rather, there is some sort of large crab-like creature underneath it, carrying the entire load on its own. Only it's head and legs sticking out out are visible.

The girl looks up from where she'd been fiddling with a red and white ball of some sort. "Her name's Crustella. Haven't you ever seen a Crustle before?" Never mind that she'd never seen one in her life prior to catching this one.

29. - Top - End - #1379
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Red Zone Apartment]

Astrid beams at the compliment blushing just a bit. "Thanks, I'm glad you like it, please have as much as you want."

There is lots of stew left and 4 more loaves of bread. Astrid eats at a fairly quick pace herself, having only had a small lunch at work today.

"Hey do you mind if I ask you a question?"
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

30. - Top - End - #1380
    Ogre in the Playground

[Red Zone Apartment]

A nod is the only response Astrid gets. That is, until Ignai swallows. "Sure, go ahead. I'm all ears." She pauses eating until the question is asked.