New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 50

[Tavern Room #3]

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    He has scruples at the very least. "Occult? Like wizards?" Louis asks, trying to keep the dealer on this line.
    "Yeah, or something like them. Apparently it can help them tap into their magic. I guess the right mindset will help someone somehow. Doesn't mean it is fit for anyone though."

Cody tends to take pride in his work, always looking to make another customer happy. Especially cute guys like Louis.

------------

[Astrid's Apartment]

Astrid looks over to the futon from the kitchen. "Morning, hope I didn't wake you. I was just grabbing some oatmeal for breakfast before heading into work. Want some?"
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

2. - Top - End - #182
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Corner of Belleview and Life

There will be a whispering sound, like something trying to say something but not being able to articulate it. If he looks down at the right time, he will see a a golden fog oozing under the bench. A wispy pseudopod reaches out to touch his ankle, and if it can get to his skin it'll begin to ooze into his body.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Bugbear in the Playground

Red Zone

"You know," Ace says, leaning back on his elbows to look off at the Inside skyline, "towers are a weird thing."

His companion, a smallish black panther, opens one eye to look at him, and then closes it. The two of them were relaxing on the roof of some one-story house, Ace's legs dangling off of it.

"No, really. Think about it. At some point someone ran out of room for all the people living in his property, so instead of making them find somewhere new he just put more stuff on top of the stuff he already had. People must have thought he was crazy."

Basta the daemon cat lets out an exasperated sigh, covering her eyes with one paw.
    "You tied your wings on tightly but they always come undone"
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal
    Beautiful red panda avatar by Eldar Tsufo!

4. - Top - End - #184
    Dwarf in the Playground

Red Zone

Towers, man.

Towers.

The Nexus seems to agree with Basta, and reality warps behind Ace, regurgitating a rather confused and slightly feminine robot. She flops onto the roof, and twitches slightly.

"Multiple Errors!"
    Last edited by Lost_Deep; 2013-01-22 at 07:25 PM.

5. - Top - End - #185

Red Zone

Basta and Ace simultaneously leap to the feet - Basta with an obvious sense of relief. Finally, something interesting. The two face the newcomer, ready to defend themselves, but relax slightly when they don't seem to be in immediate danger. Taking a tentative step towards the robot, Ace drops to a squat next to her. "Um. Miss robot?" he asks, "Are you... okay?"
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal

6. - Top - End - #186
    Dwarf in the Playground

Red Zone

"Network connection lost. Master memory unavailable. Transceiver input unavailable."

She gets up, slowly. She isn't very shapely, only barely recognizable as feminine. "GPS Offline. Can you run a remote diagnostic on me? I suspect an error in my diagnostic program. "

She looks at Ace, and then at Basta... and then at the horizon.

And she just kind of stares at it.

"I also suspect an issue with my optical input..."

7. - Top - End - #187
    Troll in the Playground

[Ice Rink]

Once things are translated, Eileen quirks an eyebrow.

Scratches out another message.

She really needs to learn sign language...

'As long as I don't put out eye to be Odin'

She also sticks her tongue out at Tracey!

===

((*pokes Pringle to post for Char*))
    Last edited by The Bushranger; 2013-01-22 at 07:48 PM.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

8. - Top - End - #188

Red Zone

Ace watches the robot, confusion ever mounting on his poor magically-inclined face.
    "Hear that, Basta? I think she just called us ugly," he mutters to his over-sized pet. The daemon rolls her eyes at him, and sits down to begin grooming her tail. "Hey. How come I always have to deal with these things? Gods you're useless." Shaking his head with a grin, Ace stands and walks up behind the robot. "Um. I don't know a lot about robots, but I'll help if I can. How would I run a remote diagnostic? And should I buy you lunch first?"
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal

9. - Top - End - #189
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Riftside - The Entity

The coins nod and flip, flip and nod, "It's the Rift, though only by name. It's not a hole, just a joining. Everything coming together to become better. Find the best bits of each thing possible and make it all whole again. Needs everything's help though, yours too. Gotta go closer to help her get inside, just a bit closer, almost there!" The coins urge the Entity onwards. Just a few more steps and then perhaps the hole will be wide enough...
    'Who?' 'For what reason?' 'What is there?' These questions were the most accurate interpretations of the Entity's next inquiry although there remained that same sense of nebulous lack when transcribing it into terms that were more commonly understood. Still, the pace would not slow unless either prompted or potentially blocked in some fashion.

Another 'intonation' resulted in a second set of questions; this time in pertanance to their guides rather than their destination. 'And of yourselves?' 'Who are you?' 'Why do you know of all this?' 'Of what is your origin?' And other, similar phrases could be constructed to try and make full sense of this un-utterance of Intent. Or perhaps it might make more sense as an ur-utterance although it was mostly semantics at this juncture.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Dwarf in the Playground

Red Zone

"You cannot connect to Master Memory? Is this area a dead zone? I did not receive a warning." She is quiet for a moment. "I don't recognize several terms you use, and cannot access Master Memory for the definitions."

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    [Astrid's Apartment]

Astrid looks over to the futon from the kitchen. "Morning, hope I didn't wake you. I was just grabbing some oatmeal for breakfast before heading into work. Want some?"
    [Astrid's Apartment]

"Nah, I usually wake up pretty early." Ignai goes over to the kitchen. "Some oatmeal would be nice, thank you. Do you always get up so early?"

12. - Top - End - #192
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Astrid's Apartment]

Astrid quickly whips up two bowls of oatmeal with cinnamon and raisins added to it. She pours on just a splash of milk before picking one bowl up and starting to eat.

"Just on days where I have to work a double. I get to go in early to open up, then leave and close at my other job. I will get back around 10:30 or 11:00 tonight. Which reminds me."

She sets down her food and pulls a drawer open and a key out. She then holds it out for Ignai to take.

"Here this is my extra key to the apartment."
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ogre in the Playground

[Astrid's Apartment]

"Oh." Ignai hesitantly reaches out and takes the key. She balls her hand around it. "I'll be careful with it." She promises.

With that done, she picks up a bowl of oatmeal and starts to eat. "What are your jobs?" She asks curiously.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2013-01-22 at 09:05 PM.

14. - Top - End - #194

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Riftside - Correl

Luckily, those doors counted as his second trial so Correl is ready to face the main boss! Walking through the door puts him right there in front of it in fact, standing atop the parapet of a majestic white castle with the sphere of colors whirling above his head.
    Riftside - Correl

How convenient but this was more like it. It almost felt like home except he had never stood upon the roof except that one time when he was escaping from Lady Magdalena. Now that was a crazy woman, at least he was wearing more this time around, much more appropriate for a showdown then underwear. He had to admit though, whatever beast he was supposed to face, it would be better then Lady Magdalena.

The knight carefully moves around, scouting the area, trying to figure out what he was to do and what he was supposed to be fighting this time. His sword is always ready in case something leaps at him.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Astrid's Apartment]

"I figured you better have it since I won't be around much." She smiles as Ignai takes it and then returns to eating her breakfast. "I'm a waitress, one jobs a dinner, another is a fancier fine dinning place."
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

16. - Top - End - #196

Red Zone

"Oh boy." Ace rubs his forehead, pushing a lock of stray hair out of his eyes. Okay. This was... really weird. Like, really weird. Even for the Nexus. But nothing he couldn't deal with. Probably. He hoped.

"Um... Listen. Robot lady. I don't know what Master Memory you're talking about, but I'll try to help you if I can. Have you ever heard of a placed called 'the Nexus?'"
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal

17. - Top - End - #197
    Dwarf in the Playground

Red Zone

"No; I don't have any reference to a nexus location in local memory."

She's quiet.

"How is it possible to have no reference to Master Memory in your local memory? That... is not possible. Master Memory supplies all information. How would you receive assignment information?"

18. - Top - End - #198

Red Zone

Oh, good. A newbie. This was going to be fun. For... various definitions of fun. I wonder if she's the kind of robot to feel love. Would it be weird to ask her? Probably.

Ace's expression sobers, and he takes a step closer to the robot lady. "The reason I don't know what the Master Memory is, is because I'm not from the same place you are," he says, trying to sound comforting. "Wherever you're from, you're not there anymore. You're in the Nexus now. It has a habit of... of grabbing people up from where they live and dumping them here." He hesitates a moment, and places a hand on Robot Lady's shoulder. Maybe it would help, maybe it wouldn't. "My name's Ace. If you want, I can help you get settled in."
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal

19. - Top - End - #199
    Dwarf in the Playground

Red Zone

The robot has the look of utter nonunderstanding on her face.

"I am in a dead zone, which teleported me here, and you do not have access to Master Memory, and never had."

Um... that might not be wrong. Think about it, and it's all technically accurate.

"I am not familiar with an Ace model. What are your specifications?"

20. - Top - End - #200

Red Zone

"That's right!" Ace smiles reassuringly. "I know it's all pretty confusing. Once you get past that hurdle, though, you'll do fine." He pats her own the shoulder, then frowns. "Um. My specifications?" the magician ponders this for a moment. "Well. I can do this."
    He snaps his fingers, causing a deck of cards to appear in the palm of his hand. Fanning it out with a flick of his thumb, he selects a card from it and flicks it up into the air. It spins up into the sky, before exploding into a ball of green, spiralling light and fire. "And other things. Y'know. Card tricks." He grins, not playing the whole "modest" thing very well.
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal

21. - Top - End - #201
    Dwarf in the Playground

Red Zone

"High explosives?"

Apperantly?

"I don't understand this situation. I do not understand this situation at all."

22. - Top - End - #202
    Firbolg in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by antonm1107 View Post

Sam sits down on it tentatively, grinning as she feels it's comfortableness. Or whatever. "Wow, this is pretty comfy."
    Jake nods. "Alright, I'm gonna go to sleep myself." He sits down on the floor and pushes his head against his 'comfortable' bag. "This is a crappy pillow. Eh, it'll have to make do."

Skyfellow's - Upstairs

Hikari yawns a bit and chuckles at Jake. "Your fault for taking a backpack as a pillow. Here, have one of these." She takes one of the excess pillows from their bed and chucks it at him.

Then, she lies down on the bed with a contented sigh, throwing a small smile to Sam.
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Morcleon View Post

Skyfellow's - Upstairs

Hikari yawns a bit and chuckles at Jake. "Your fault for taking a backpack as a pillow. Here, have one of these." She takes one of the excess pillows from their bed and chucks it at him.

Then, she lies down on the bed with a contented sigh, throwing a small smile to Sam.
    Sam smiles back warmly before slipping snugly beneath the blanket. Within seconds, the girl was asleep.

"God, how does she do that? She's out like... Like something that goes out really quickly. It usually takes me at least an hour before getting to sleep." Jake mumbled to himself as he took the pillow and leaned against it. "Thanks for the pillow." He said.
    You've nothing to fear but fear itself.
    And that crazy guy with a chainsaw behind you.
    The Cost to Save the World - My POKEMON fanfiction RECENTLY UPDATED
    Morality is for people who don't have other people trying to kill them every five minutes - Gordon Freeman
    NEXUS CHARACTERS

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ogre in the Playground

[Astrid's Apartment]

"Oh, that's cool. I bet that keeps you busy." Ignai says. Her mind is wandering off as she considers some of her options. She should think about looking for a job... The thought ties her stomach in knots, though.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    Secret base

"Aww," Eve says sympathetically, "Did we make you quit a job you needed too?"
    Secret Base
    Songdancer shook his head.
    "Nah. The reason why I needed the money is...gone now."
    He looked a bit sad.
    After all, you probably are if your plans for a wedding kinda fail.
    "By the way...why are you kids doing all of this?

---

Rescue Mission
    Songdancer shrugged.

Dipsnig will find that the window isn't locked!
    He'll be able to open it easily from the inside, and go into the warehouse if he wishes to.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

26. - Top - End - #206
    Titan in the Playground

[Rescue Mission]

Dipsnig opens the window and slips through, inside the warehouse. Once there, he looks around quickly, taking in his surroundings.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Astrid's Apartment]

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    "Oh, that's cool. I bet that keeps you busy." Ignai says. Her mind is wandering off as she considers some of her options. She should think about looking for a job... The thought ties her stomach in knots, though.
    "Most of the time. I used to work another job but I lost that one." Astrid is something of a blur of activity getting herself ready for work. Busy eating breakfast, combing combative hair and finding pieces of uniforms hiding around the aprtment. She slips into the bathroom to change quick and comes out brushing her teeth dressed in a poodle skirt that looks like something someone would wear to a 50's soda shop.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ogre in the Playground

[Astrid's Apartment]

Ignai blinks in surprise. Three jobs? Wow, how does anyone handle that? Of course, if that's what you need to do, it's certainly better than the alternative. Ignai knows that all too well.

The elf finishes her oatmeal and gathers up her clothing. At some point she'll ask where that washboard is. She didn't want to be offered money to use the washing machine if it didn't turn out to be free.

"I guess I'll see you tonight then." Ignai says when Astrid is getting close to heading out the door.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ogre in the Playground

Smashed Into the Concrete

Enshadu I lies in the ground, it's system's repairing. The E-Chip had abandoned it, so it was relying solely on it's programming Mr. Brant had designed in it. Which would be to defend Marciano Louv're. Only problem is, Marcy's dead. Long dead. Instead, it lies there. Damaged, feebly trying to repair itself. Hel-*Flicker*-o? Is th-*Flicker* anyone outside? I...Am in need, need, need, need....of re*flicker*pair...

30. - Top - End - #210
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Astrid's Apartment]

It is mostly a matter of scheduling and having almost no social life. It also helps to have a ton of energy, something Astrid seems to have. Astrid shows Ignai where she keeps the washboard and some soap to wash under the sink in the kitchen. "Yeah I'll see you tonight. Feel free to make yourself at home." She says as she is opening the door and throwing on a coat to get ready to go.

--------------------

Smashed Into the Concrete

An older human man stops as hears a voice talking. Nort is used to hearing voices others don't, and starts to search for the source of this one. When he finds the robot smashed on the ground he blinks and stares at it for a bit before aproaching it to get a closer look.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?