New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 48 of 51 FirstFirst ... 233839404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 1503
  1. - Top - End - #1411
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] GLoG 84: Goblins and catgirls and dryads, oh my!

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    Marty just smiles weakly. A-Amusing? She'll realize that Marty's hand is very cold, but soft. He looks over at her. The only m-man y-you'll ever truly l-love? W-Worshiping y-you? I do n-not! That's n-not f-fair... Marty kinda just winces as she speaks about Butler. He doesn't comment on it either. H-How....do y-you miss him?
    This clearly upsets you. Why? she asks, running a finger through his hair. And yes, of course I miss him. I just confessed what he meant to me. He was the only my I devoted myself to. I promised to love only him. There's a sadness in her eyes as she says this.
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2013-01-26 at 11:02 AM.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

2. - Top - End - #1412
    Troll in the Playground

Kitchen

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    Kitchen

Justin does a small jump when he hears Lily and turns around slowly looking nervous. "Hey Lily..." he says, eyes flicking to the jars on the counter once before he straightens himself up and puts on a mask of casual calm. "What's up?"

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    To the Kitchen

Natalie's plotclone is here, wearing a pair of loose navy joggers, a black sweatshirt and a pair of white trainers. Strapped to her right arm is a slingshot designed to be worn there, and slung over her back is a large, new, red rucksack. Natalie is a twelve-year-old girl with green eyes and long black hair that hangs untied down her back, and she's carrying a book on birds. She's also currently looking for Tito and Lily.
    ((you might have missed that.))
    ((You're right - I did. Thanks! ))

"I was hungry. And bored. Did you ever have to go to school? It's soooo stupid! Oh hi, Natalie!"
    Lily says.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

3. - Top - End - #1413
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Campground]

Yuki walks around the campground looking for Reinholdt. Not knowing who Reinholdt is or that he has several possible forms doesn't deter her from looking. She just wanders around hoping to run into someone.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

4. - Top - End - #1414
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    This clearly upsets you. Why? she asks, running a finger through his hair. And yes, of course I miss him. I just confessed what he meant to me. He was the only my I devoted myself to. I promised to love only him. There's a sadness in her eyes as she says this.
    Marty will not meet her gaze. His hair is soft, he keeps good care of his hair. I-It d-doesn't matter....I'm n-not upset....r-really... It's pretty obvious he's hiding things. He always was a terrible liar, and it got him into trouble. That's a v-very...drastic p-promise....I'm s-sorry you l-lost him...

5. - Top - End - #1415
    Orc in the Playground

Kitchen

"Hello, Lily! It's good to see you. Thank you for my birthday present! I know it's late, but Dad got me magic lessons and I've been so busy I haven't been able to track down that courier with his motorcycle to send a thank-you letter. I suppose he could be anywhere now, given the nature of his job." An inter-dimensional courier service gets a surprising amount of work. People sending letters to deceased family, explorers sending research notes to a central planar research station, and then places like the Nexus, where driving three streets west can be 'inter-dimensional travel'.

I'm not sure if she's met Justin.
    Last edited by Earl of Purple; 2013-01-26 at 05:44 PM.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

6. - Top - End - #1416
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Entrance -> Infirmary

Prism is too short to help lift Ori physically, and has too little mass to provide far-thing lifting powers without gorging herself on sweets first, but she's smart enough that these things aren't the hugely significant obstacles they'd otherwise be.

Instead of trying to help Quinn lift Ori directly, she'll ball her little hands into fists and glow with a pale red light that suffuses the air around her in a loose sphere. It's a minor application of energy that allows her to over-ride the laws of physics just a bit. For the walk back to the infirmary, so long as Quinn walks slowly to let Prism keep up with her, gravity will be reduced significantly for the trio so that Ori doesn't pull so heavily towards the ground.

The little far-spawn beams with pride that she figured out a way to help, but looks down towards the ground when she sees Ori's modesty is showing where everyone can see it.
    I miiight have misspoken in my post a bit.
    Nothing is showing, as it were, besides just that her shirt's fairly bloody. That's all.
    Well, and maybe some patches of tummy due to holes, but nothing more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    [Infirmary]

Quinn gives Prism an encouraging smile, and will walk slowly enough for her to keep up. But as rapidly as she can without slipping away, needing to get her patient to the Infirmary to get that shrapnel out.

Presumably, once there, Ori goes onto one of the medbeds.
    And that was when I realized you guys were waiting for me. Whoops.

I would guess that she goes onto a bed as well. As she can't exactly object.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

7. - Top - End - #1417

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Kitchen

((You're right - I did. Thanks! ))

"I was hungry. And bored. Did you ever have to go to school? It's soooo stupid! Oh hi, Natalie!"
    Lily says.
    Kitchen

"Hello, Lily! It's good to see you. Thank you for my birthday present! I know it's late, but Dad got me magic lessons and I've been so busy I haven't been able to track down that courier with his motorcycle to send a thank-you letter. I suppose he could be anywhere now, given the nature of his job." An inter-dimensional courier service gets a surprising amount of work. People sending letters to deceased family, explorers sending research notes to a central planar research station, and then places like the Nexus, where driving three streets west can be 'inter-dimensional travel'.

Kitchen

Probably not.

"School? Wow. I haven't been to school in forever. I pretty much slept through most of it and stopped at like fourteen to train for my actual job." Justin says, bit of nostalgia. "You guys actually go to school here? I thought it was just magical girl scouts all year round." He honestly didn't even think her parents did the schooling thing. From what he guessed about their time period and life as apple farmers, (Orcharders?) he figured they just learned whatever it took to run the orchard. That and being iron chefs.

Natalie gets a friendly greeting from the vault-boy. "Hi. I'm Justin." simple but sweet.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

8. - Top - End - #1418
    Troll in the Playground

Kitchen

Spoiler
    Show
    Kitchen

Kitchen

Probably not.

"School? Wow. I haven't been to school in forever. I pretty much slept through most of it and stopped at like fourteen to train for my actual job." Justin says, bit of nostalgia. "You guys actually go to school here? I thought it was just magical girl scouts all year round." He honestly didn't even think her parents did the schooling thing. From what he guessed about their time period and life as apple farmers, (Orcharders?) he figured they just learned whatever it took to run the orchard. That and being iron chefs.

Natalie gets a friendly greeting from the vault-boy. "Hi. I'm Justin." simple but sweet.

"You're welcome, Natalie! I wish we could have gone to your party." Lily says to Natalie. And then to Justin. "Yeah, Mom teaches us, and she says we have to do our lessons until we're twenty! That's FOREVER! I wish I could stop at fourteen. I wish I could stop at EIGHT!"

Pansy holds school sessions offscreen for her children, and whichever of the GLoG kids want to attend as well. I seem to remember that Pansy was teaching Keo to read.

As per Tolkein canon, hobbits are considered adults at age thirty three, but I can't imagine that the Applehills (or most Shire hobbits) have enough higher education to fill up that many years of teaching.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

9. - Top - End - #1419
    Troll in the Playground

Marty will not meet her gaze. His hair is soft, he keeps good care of his hair. I-It d-doesn't matter....I'm n-not upset....r-really... It's pretty obvious he's hiding things. He always was a terrible liar, and it got him into trouble. That's a v-very...drastic p-promise....I'm s-sorry you l-lost him...
    Yeah, well. That's life. Lovers come, and they go. Vidalia gets up and streeeeeetches. You still haven't told me why you're here.

She heads to a door at one side and knocks on it.Butler, are you there?

10. - Top - End - #1420
    Orc in the Playground

Kitchen

"Oh, yes, I go to school. I've got a guaranteed place at university, too, assuming I get the right grades to qualify. My dad's the head master of one. Hello, Justin. I'm Natalie." Natalie smiles and curtsies gracefully. "Assuming I get the grades up until that point, I could be twenty two or older before I finish education, but that's with a university and other optional stuff; compulsory education stops at sixteen. But the more advanced stuff at university helps if you want to be a wizard or something super brainy." Natalie wants to be a wizard, and already has a repertoire of basic conjuration spells.

11. - Top - End - #1421
    Ogre in the Playground

[Butler's Room]

I'd say Butler hacks and coughs his way out of the dust of being unused, but Butler's room is never dusty. He makes sure of that.

"Yes ma'am." He replies, going to open the door between Butler and Vidalia's room.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

12. - Top - End - #1422
    Troll in the Playground

[Infirmary]

Quinn quickly gets out the medical scanning devices, and sets about scanning Ori. As she applies a bit of a topical numbing agent and starts, very carefully, removing all that nasty shrapnel as best she can.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

13. - Top - End - #1423
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, well. That's life. Lovers come, and they go. Vidalia gets up and streeeeeetches. You still haven't told me why you're here.

She heads to a door at one side and knocks on it.Butler, are you there?
    Marty just sits on her bed and frowns. L-Lovers come and g-go? They shouldn't....if....That's n-not r-right. Why I'm h-here? Um....please....w-why d-do you care? It doesn't r-really matter...r-right? He just stares over at Butler. H-Hello?
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2013-01-27 at 08:03 PM.

14. - Top - End - #1424

[Kitchen]

Wow, you guys are stuck in school for a while, Justin says sympathetically. "What are you two learning right now?" If he's right, Lily's probably learning basic reading and little math, and Natalie is probably at that point where there is literally no new math to teach until high school. But hey, he's been wrong before today.

"Oh! Do kids still get taught spelling words? I don't know what you'd call them. Like ten-twenty words a week they make you write in sentences every night?" He asks, almost sounding excited.

My Characters

15. - Top - End - #1425
    Troll in the Playground

{Cherry Cabin}

Butler, if you'd please remake my bed. And I found some dust on my dresser, could you please take care of that. And I'd love to have some eggs, over medium, sunny side up. With buttered toast and orange juice.

Vidalia looks back at Marty Do you want anything? Don't feel intimidated. Butler's and excellent cook, and he enjoys it. Oh, and you may want to sit on the loveseat again, while he makes the bed. Vidalia, leading by example, sits on the loveseat. It matters because you came her for a reason, and I'm tired of telling you about me. So spit it out already.
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2013-01-27 at 09:07 PM.

16. - Top - End - #1426
    Ogre in the Playground

{Cherry Cabin}

"Oh I didn't realize you had company ma'am. Hello sir. I'm Butler B. Butler sir. A pleasure to meet you sir." Butler gives Marty a bow before quickly grabbing a duster from his room to take care of Vidalia's dresser.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

17. - Top - End - #1427
    Ogre in the Playground

Marty has never seen a cat person before. He's still kind of amazed. Ah...n-nice to see y-you? I'm M-Marty...P-Pardon the st-st-stutter... He picks himself off the bed before placing his gloves back on. He's shy around new people. He nods at Vidalia.Intimidated? Um...w-well. Perhaps just some t-toast...please. B-b-....B-B-...Butter. Please. He seems to get a little red in the face. He couldn't say butter for some reason. He moves to sit by her. There's r-really nothing t-to tell. I w-was once a c-cook....been m-married twice. B-Both passe....pa...passed....they're gone. I...yes. Obviously it'll be hard to get a decent story out of him. Possible though, mainly due to Vidalia's charisma.

Hackett and Everything

Hackett just smiles at Brand. Happy to help. I'm Leroy Krutch Hackett. Call me any of those names you wish. You live here? He looks over at Andy. Wait....repeat that, please? What do you want?
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2013-01-29 at 01:18 AM.

18. - Top - End - #1428
    Troll in the Playground

Kitchen
    Spoiler
    Show

Kitchen

"Oh, yes, I go to school. I've got a guaranteed place at university, too, assuming I get the right grades to qualify. My dad's the head master of one. Hello, Justin. I'm Natalie." Natalie smiles and curtsies gracefully. "Assuming I get the grades up until that point, I could be twenty two or older before I finish education, but that's with a university and other optional stuff; compulsory education stops at sixteen. But the more advanced stuff at university helps if you want to be a wizard or something super brainy." Natalie wants to be a wizard, and already has a repertoire of basic conjuration spells.
    [Kitchen]

Wow, you guys are stuck in school for a while, Justin says sympathetically. "What are you two learning right now?" If he's right, Lily's probably learning basic reading and little math, and Natalie is probably at that point where there is literally no new math to teach until high school. But hey, he's been wrong before today.

"Oh! Do kids still get taught spelling words? I don't know what you'd call them. Like ten-twenty words a week they make you write in sentences every night?" He asks, almost sounding excited.

"I don't want to be a wizard. I'm going to be a Wolfen!"
    Lily says. "I can read now, so I shouldn't have to learn anything else. It's not fair!"

With a donkey

Brand is surprised that Andy is approaching them, and nods at him in greeting, keeping hold of the donkey in case she bolts again. So far, the calming spell seems to be working though.

Brand

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

19. - Top - End - #1429
    Orc in the Playground

Kitchen

"Well, there's maths, English and PE, which are compulsory, but I've also got history, RE, geography and life skills, which are opt-out and magical theory, which is opt-in. I wish PE was opt-out. And for spelling words, I can't say I recognise the concept beyond English homework." Her player doesn't know what Justin's on about, either. "Lily, I think there's still important things to learn, even for a Wolfen. Like, the properties of various herbs to make medicine, how to identify a secure camp, which fruit are good to eat and which ones aren't and how to find water. But most of that is quite advanced; the tutors that teach it assume a basic level of knowledge provided by your current education." Or at least, it would be provided by her current education if Lily was, like Natalie assumes, going to a school similar to the one she went to when she was Lily's age.

20. - Top - End - #1430

[Kitchen]

"They're just a vocabulary lesson to make kids memorize words through rote," Justin tries to explain. "Natalie's right on this one," he agrees. He'd have a hard time trying to convince her school was important for someone who wanted to be a Wolfen. He'd have a hard time convincing himself school wasn't a mess of years wasted. He then realizes he might have been attacking it from the wrong angle. She wasn't actually in a school. "Actually you're learning from your mom? That's even more important, then. My sister taught me everything that's been important in my life." Knife fighting, dirty fighting, gambling, cheating, sneaking, pick pocketing. Everything you need growing up in a den of thieves. She was even the one who taught him maintenance.

My Characters

21. - Top - End - #1431
    Troll in the Playground

{Cherry Cabin}

Marty has never seen a cat person before. He's still kind of amazed. Ah...n-nice to see y-you? I'm M-Marty...P-Pardon the st-st-stutter... He picks himself off the bed before placing his gloves back on. He's shy around new people. He nods at Vidalia.Intimidated? Um...w-well. Perhaps just some t-toast...please. B-b-....B-B-...Butter. Please. He seems to get a little red in the face. He couldn't say butter for some reason. He moves to sit by her. There's r-really nothing t-to tell. I w-was once a c-cook....been m-married twice. B-Both passe....pa...passed....they're gone. I...yes. Obviously it'll be hard to get a decent story out of him. Possible though, mainly due to Vidalia's charisma.
    And who were these wonderful people who passed away, and took a piece of your heart with them? Vidalia asks, nudging figuratively.

22. - Top - End - #1432
    Ogre in the Playground

{Cherry Cabin}

And who were these wonderful people who passed away, and took a piece of your heart with them? Vidalia asks, nudging figuratively.
    Marty just sits and stares at her. A woman n-named Shada...and a drowess called Trissy'lene. Shada w-was a childhood f-friend....She c-cared f-for me...always...I adored h-her...my first lover as w-well. Do w-we h-have to talk about this? He's very uncomfortable.

23. - Top - End - #1433
    Ogre in the Playground

[Docks]

Kitty sits cross legged at the end of the dock, looking out over the lake. After a bit of sitting like this, she stretches and lies back on the dock. She drums her fingers over her stomach. It's not visible through her jacket, but her stomach is starting to get big enough that it's noticeable in tight clothing, and her pants are feeling snug.

((Semi-closed scene, until it gets the reply it's waiting for.))

24. - Top - End - #1434
    Bugbear in the Playground

Hackett, Brand, Andy and a Donkey ((now add come into a bar and you got the start of a joke))

"It seems that things happen during my absence which would need the service you offered."

He repeats his words in a way that might be strange. Just like playing a sound data again.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

25. - Top - End - #1435

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    [Infirmary]

Quinn quickly gets out the medical scanning devices, and sets about scanning Ori. As she applies a bit of a topical numbing agent and starts, very carefully, removing all that nasty shrapnel as best she can.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    I miiight have misspoken in my post a bit.
    Nothing is showing, as it were, besides just that her shirt's fairly bloody. That's all.
    Well, and maybe some patches of tummy due to holes, but nothing more than that.

And that was when I realized you guys were waiting for me. Whoops.

I would guess that she goes onto a bed as well. As she can't exactly object.
    Infirmary

Prism just stands a safe distance away from the edge of the medbed, occasionally glancing at what Quinn is doing but for the most part just keeping to herself and trying not to watch anything icky. After a while of letting Quinn do her work, she asks softly, "Is she gonna be okay?"
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

26. - Top - End - #1436
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Hackett, Brand, Andy and a Donkey ((now add come into a bar and you got the start of a joke))

"It seems that things happen during my absence which would need the service you offered."

He repeats his words in a way that might be strange. Just like playing a sound data again.
    Hackett just frowns a little, looking confused. ..Wait, what? I thought...er. I see. So....you're offering me the job again, sir? He's a little wary of the way Andy speaks, all artificially. Um...Yes?

27. - Top - End - #1437
    Troll in the Playground

Kitchen

"Well... I guess Mom knows more than most grownups..." Lily concedes grudginginly.

Donkey

Brand turns to Hackett. "You're looking to help out here? In what way?"

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

28. - Top - End - #1438
    Bugbear in the Playground

Hackett, Brand, Andy and a Donkey

"He is a specialist with undeads. His abilties are more social then rise and smite them, if that is correct." he looks at Hacket to see if he got that right.

"I didn't thought there are so many 'undead' people on the ground. But these papers proof me wrong."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

29. - Top - End - #1439
    Orc in the Playground

Kitchen

"I know that Dad's university has a Wilderness and Survival Department. If you work hard, I'm sure that you could easily qualify for one of the courses." It's not a very academic department, and Lily's lack of formal education is less important than the skills and knowledge she might pick up elsewhere.

30. - Top - End - #1440
    Ogre in the Playground

{Cherry Cabin}

{Cherry Cabin}

"Certainly sir." Butler says, working on fixing the bed up before heading to the kitchen.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast