New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1487
  1. - Top - End - #1021
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Girl Genius XIV: A Lightning Arc in All But Speed!

Well, we're out of the castle for some time now, are we not? But you are right, this back and forth plot becomes boring after some time, and it didn't stop when Agatha left the castle.
    Guess what spell I cast before posting this message.

2. - Top - End - #1022
    Titan in the Playground

Also, if you ask me, the "goofball turns out to be an actual threat" twist got boring around the third time Zola did it.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

3. - Top - End - #1023

To be fair, 'dangerous goofball' is a prime characteristic of Sparks.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

4. - Top - End - #1024
    Dwarf in the Playground

New comic. Still with Tweedle.

Spoiler
    Show

And I think he dropped Agatha, wo looks strangely one-legged in one picture. Well, he was attacked. :)

5. - Top - End - #1025
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Spoiler
    Show

Does the woman there still believe Agatha is not the true Heterodyne? And if so, does Tweedle believe the same way?

6. - Top - End - #1026
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Huh. That's odd - I was sure it'd be a beacon engine. I'm assuming the glowy green slab is a teleporter though- Tweedle's "We Leave Now" doesn't make sense otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap Dynamic View Post
    I want to create a world that is full of possibility, and one of the best ways to handle it is by creating a bunch of stories that haven't yet been finished.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    At this point, however, I'm thinking way too hard about the practical problems of running a battle royale school for Russian assassins, so I think I'll leave it there.
    In my posts, smilies generally correspond to my expression at the time. As an example, means "huh?" and "Hmm..". Also, "Landis" is fine.

7. - Top - End - #1027

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Landis963 View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Huh. That's odd - I was sure it'd be a beacon engine. I'm assuming the glowy green slab is a teleporter though- Tweedle's "We Leave Now" doesn't make sense otherwise.
    Spoiler
    Show
    This makes sense! This could be Lucrezia's door to the Geister realm. This is the one place she could hide it well in Mechanicsburg (if not her secret lab, where it was not), and that also makes it sensible that the Abbess would be with the Knights - Lucrezia have previously subverted the Cathedral power structure for these purposes.

I predict some subset of characters will get stranded through the portal, Agatha among them.

8. - Top - End - #1028
    Barbarian in the Playground

Looks to me like an emergency exit. If Der Kestle ever turned on the Heterodyne, they'd never be able to escape since it controls every inch of town. So the only place to install an exit strategy would be in the cathedral, and, of course, the abbess knows about it and told the Knights because she is a complete tool. Agatha really should have had her executed instead of just knocked out.

It seems extremely unlikely that it's something of Lucrezia's, seeing as the crypt keepers were guarding it.
    Last edited by datalaughing; 2013-05-06 at 05:19 AM.
    If you're a Brandon Sanderson fan (or you want to start being one), check out The Sanderlanche podcast!

9. - Top - End - #1029
    Ettin in the Playground

I like Krosp in today's comic. At least he's doing something for once.

10. - Top - End - #1030

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    I like Krosp in today's comic. At least he's doing something for once.
    Yeah, it's good to see him taking his role as Agatha's lord seriously, even if no one and nothing else is.
    Prince Fraternal of Pudding, Snuzzlepal, Feezy Squeez Lover, MP, Member of The Most Noble And Ancient Order Of St. George, King of Gae Parabolae.

Lego Ergo Sum

"Everyone's cute if you just look at them the right way"~Rebekah Patton Durham, Princess of Pudding.

"If they have stats, we can kill them... I'd like to point out that we also have stats..." ~ PhoenixGuard09.

Warhammer 40K: Where the faction that is a cross between the Inquisition and Space Nazis are the good guys.

11. - Top - End - #1031

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by datalaughing View Post
    It seems extremely unlikely that it's something of Lucrezia's, seeing as the crypt keepers were guarding it.
    Look at the decorations surrounding the gate. It doesn't fit with either Heterodyne devil motifs or trilobites, but fits very well with Geister symbolism.

12. - Top - End - #1032
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Also, if you ask me, the "goofball turns out to be an actual threat" twist got boring around the third time Zola did it.
    I never saw Tweedle as a goofball. An idiot, yes. A dangerouse idiot, but still just an idiot.

13. - Top - End - #1033
    Troll in the Playground

Activating de-spoiling mode...

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    Does the woman there still believe Agatha is not the true Heterodyne? And if so, does Tweedle believe the same way?
    I suspect the Abbess is still clueless. From the things Tweedle said to Tarvek, however, he realizes the truth.

It is POSSIBLE these two jerks are in the right. We don't know what Klaus' Ball o' Doom does, fleeing Mechanicsburg might be the only way to keep Agatha safe right now. But it's more probable they're actually going to screw things up if they succeed, we'll have to see.

And about their chances of succeeding: OK, so we've got Krosp for the win mauling the Abbess, and Violetta going for a backstab on Tweedle. Tarvek's got a knife in his chest so he may be out (or going to do one of those 'almost dying effort' moves at the last second to save the day). Van and Big Guy are unknown quantities at this point, and that's all the group that was charging after Tweedle. Ms. Secretary is absent, as is Weasel Girl (and she's hurt, anyway), and we haven't seen Moloch since Franz went airborne and took Agatha to the top of Castle Heterodyne. Maybe he's behind the Abbess about to clonk her again, but probably not. So frankly, unless Agatha takes charge and tips the scales, I think the other side may be going to win...

14. - Top - End - #1034
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Analysis View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    This makes sense! This could be Lucrezia's door to the Geister realm. This is the one place she could hide it well in Mechanicsburg (if not her secret lab, where it was not), and that also makes it sensible that the Abbess would be with the Knights - Lucrezia have previously subverted the Cathedral power structure for these purposes.

I predict some subset of characters will get stranded through the portal, Agatha among them.
    I'm wondering if, maybe, the "Geister realm" is actually simply a different time, and this thing is actually a time machine (instead of/in addition to being a teleporter). Leading to some subset of characters getting stranded in time, then subsequently leading to the whole sequence of time windows that DuPree saw.

EDIT: Of course, Gil and Moloch not being anywhere to be seen greatly speaks against this theory.
    Last edited by Winterwind; 2013-05-06 at 08:56 AM.
    LGBTitP Supporter
    In a Wonderland they lie, Dreaming as the days go by, Dreaming as the summers die - Ever drifting down the stream - Lingering in the golden gleam - Life, what is it, but a dream?
    - Lewis Carroll

15. - Top - End - #1035
    Dwarf in the Playground

Matter can't be transported trough time in the GG universe, according to Othar's twitter. Sound and light can go through time windows but if you want to actually travel trough time, you need to transfer your present mind to your past (or future? ) body. Which makes me think beacon engines are time-machines.

16. - Top - End - #1036
    Orc in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

I'm not sure why anyone would think Tweedle was taking her to a Beacon engine.

Number one, the readers would know it's pointless because she's already been put through one, so any narrative tension would be gone.

Two, Lucrezia didn't want to go to Mechanicsburg at all, which suggests that she didn't have an active lair there, or sent the geisters to that town when they fled Sturmhalten. There were no revenants in town from Mechanicsburg.

Three, Tweedle's comments to Agatha suggested that if she was going to rule, she'd "have to drop romantic notions." That meant there would actually be an Agatha to rule, not Lucrezia-controlled puppet.

Not all in the order were loyal to Lucrezia, half were scheming against her. From earlier things she said, the Abbess seems to be part of a faction who thinks Agatha is just a symbol and the real power will be with the Storm King (Tweedle is apparently the order's current favorite).

17. - Top - End - #1037
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Stabbey View Post
    I'm not sure why anyone would think Tweedle was taking her to a Beacon engine.

Number one, the readers would know it's pointless because she's already been put through one, so any narrative tension would be gone.
    Tweedle doesn't know, first off, and second off, we don't know how the copy mechanism works on someone who is actively suppressing a pre-existing copy of Lucrezia. It could do any number of things to Agatha, Lucrezia, or both.

Two, Lucrezia didn't want to go to Mechanicsburg at all, which suggests that she didn't have an active lair there, or sent the geisters to that town when they fled Sturmhalten. There were no revenants in town from Mechanicsburg.
    She doesn't need an active lair per se, just a place away from the Kestle's prying eyes. I will admit that she seems to have a paranoid aversion to the place.

Three, Tweedle's comments to Agatha suggested that if she was going to rule, she'd "have to drop romantic notions." That meant there would actually be an Agatha to rule, not Lucrezia-controlled puppet.
    That could be, but he could have been winding up to sell the "heroic sacrifice."

Not all in the order were loyal to Lucrezia, half were scheming against her. From earlier things she said, the Abbess seems to be part of a faction who thinks Agatha is just a symbol and the real power will be with the Storm King (Tweedle is apparently the order's current favorite).
    But we didn't know what faction Tweedle belonged to until this moment. We knew how the Abbess thought, but not how Tweedle thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap Dynamic View Post
    I want to create a world that is full of possibility, and one of the best ways to handle it is by creating a bunch of stories that haven't yet been finished.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    At this point, however, I'm thinking way too hard about the practical problems of running a battle royale school for Russian assassins, so I think I'll leave it there.
    In my posts, smilies generally correspond to my expression at the time. As an example, means "huh?" and "Hmm..". Also, "Landis" is fine.

18. - Top - End - #1038
    Troll in the Playground

Two points:

A) Zooming in, it's clear Krosp did a NUMBER on the Abbess! Never underestimate what an angry cat can do in the way of damage!

B) All this talk of factions for and against Lu got me thinking. The Abbess. She's got pupils in her eyes, apparently dark hair, and her skin isn't extremely pale. And she can't tell the difference between Zola and Agatha. But still, it'd be a real kick if she were Lore Mistress Milvistle in disguise, hiding out in the one place Lu would never think to look for her.

Probably not, though.

19. - Top - End - #1039
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by eee View Post
    A) Zooming in, it's clear Krosp did a NUMBER on the Abbess! Never underestimate what an angry cat can do in the way of damage!
    Cats can do a lot of damage when they want. Kosp expecially. He is roughly as big a lynx (if not bigger) and his claws are probably an inch long or more. Some of his "scratches" probably hit bone.

20. - Top - End - #1040

Hell, my KITTEN left permanent scars on my hands when he got startled once as I was petting him. Its been 15 years and I still look like I tried to slit my wrists. I cant even imagine the damage a cat krosps size would be capable of. I wouldnt expect lethal damage except for those one in a million type shots, but certainly painful, possibly debilitating.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

21. - Top - End - #1041
    Troll in the Playground

Ah, take a more careful look at the carvings and then a look here.

That's definitely a Lucrezia portal.
    Most excellent Rising Echo avatar created by GryffonDurime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardea View Post
    That is the scariest two lines I have read in a forum of any kind.
    Take two internets, a cookie and a vorpal sword, please.
    Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, drunkeness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.

Don't be stupid.

22. - Top - End - #1042

So, there is actually a temple of the Other in the middle of Mechanicsburg? That's scary.
    Guess what spell I cast before posting this message.

23. - Top - End - #1043

I'm not sure if that thing is supposed to be an alien geometry, but something about it really bothers me.
    Play your character, not your alignment.

24. - Top - End - #1044

Its entirely possible that tweedle is kidnapping agatha so he can "marry" her in his stronghold and have her as his puppet heterodyne to give his claim to power more legitimacy. By keeping her out of mechanicsburg, he may think he can control her easier.

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

25. - Top - End - #1045

Quote Originally Posted by John Campbell View Post
    I'm not sure if that thing is supposed to be an alien geometry, but something about it really bothers me.
    I noticed that too. It looks kind of like the portal is orthogonal to the normal progression of space in whatever's on the other side, except not really.
    Prince Fraternal of Pudding, Snuzzlepal, Feezy Squeez Lover, MP, Member of The Most Noble And Ancient Order Of St. George, King of Gae Parabolae.

Lego Ergo Sum

"Everyone's cute if you just look at them the right way"~Rebekah Patton Durham, Princess of Pudding.

"If they have stats, we can kill them... I'd like to point out that we also have stats..." ~ PhoenixGuard09.

Warhammer 40K: Where the faction that is a cross between the Inquisition and Space Nazis are the good guys.

26. - Top - End - #1046

No, I agree. Look at the prespective, it's entirely different on the green block.We're looking at the arch around it as if from below, but the block is seen as if from above.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

27. - Top - End - #1047
    Troll in the Playground

Considering you can see a shadow on the bottom of the block, I'm going to assume it's something like a drawbridge.

The Abbess is hitting a button to power up and lower it.
    Most excellent Rising Echo avatar created by GryffonDurime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardea View Post
    That is the scariest two lines I have read in a forum of any kind.
    Take two internets, a cookie and a vorpal sword, please.
    Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, drunkeness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.

Don't be stupid.

28. - Top - End - #1048
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HandofShadows View Post
    I never saw Tweedle as a goofball. An idiot, yes. A dangerouse idiot, but still just an idiot.
    Yeah. Tarvek made it clear almost as soon as Tweedle arrived that he should be taken seriously.

29. - Top - End - #1049
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Yeah, you should always take idiots seriously. Because they are likely to do something so stupid that you are totaly unprepared for it. It's like the old saying about the best swordsman in the world not being afraid of the 2nd best swordsman, but the worst swordsman because he has no clue what the worst swordsman was going to do.

30. - Top - End - #1050

Well in this case its because the idiots are usually faking it. Or are incredibly dangerous despite being stupider than milk chocolate pants.