New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 53

Metropolis Square- Pretty Pastel Pony Pirates

The three will walk around, rather slowly due to Cap'n Volley Shot's hooficap. They're looking mainly for a ship with a pirate-y name, or failing that, a pony-y name.

Black Goat Woods

The crazy old guy with the long black overcoat, pure white eyes that pick up heat, hobbling gait and knobbly walking stick fused to his hand continues to slowly hobble up towards Dunwich Hill.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

2. - Top - End - #362
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Metropolis Square - Airship Docks]

There don't seem to be any ships here that are in the least bit pirate-y. Which probably shouldn't come as much of a surprise.

This is, after all, a large port in a large city. Pirates usually dock in more out of the way places. Or at least ports that are somewhat friendly to them. Inside isn't exactly kind to organized crime of any kind and has taken a grim view of piracy for some years now.

Back in the beginning days?

Not so much.

But the latest set of rulers aren't to keen on it now.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

3. - Top - End - #363
    Troll in the Playground

Needle and Thread

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Krystal shakes her head. Nope, I got nothing.
    "Then let us head out," Shawna says, nodding and starting out, as Jamie waves.

===

Two Evils

According to Ivaz, the sway is actually completely necessary.

She'll hook her thumbs into the waistband of her skirt and leisurely follow Becky, staying far enough back to have a full view of her.
    Becky isn't going to argue!

She does glance back at Ivaz, though. "See anything you like?" she drawls, winking.

And seeming not to care she never even got Ivaz's name.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

4. - Top - End - #364
    Orc in the Playground

Metropolis Square- Pretty Pastel Pony Pirates

"I don't think we'll find the kind of ship we're after here. We'd be best off trying to find a free port first. The kind of free port honest sailors don't sail to." Cap'n Volley Shot's seen the people and they are mismatched, but they don't seem raucous enough to be the citizens of a proper free port.
    "Aye, Cap'n, but this isn't Equestria and we were three day's flight from Rainbow Falls, the nearest free port we're friendly with." Cinnamon, as quartermaster, decides which trading posts and free ports they visit, whilst the captain decides where and how they attack.
    "Rainbow Falls was our next stop? Damn, they have good chemists there. I could'a picked up some more medicine and disinfectant." Doc Sorebones never runs low of medicine because he's always topping up from somewhere.

5. - Top - End - #365
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Everysize Hotel]

"Maybe that was to much yellow road for a human?" Zefir says before he heads out bringing in the next guini pig. Let's say a femal elf mid age.

[Hodgepodge Street - Fountain Way]

Well, Mika heads over to the life guard.

"The kids are over there." She tells him.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

6. - Top - End - #366
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Abrajin's Library

"Yeah... and then hope that there is an easy way out. This place seems to be really easy to get lost in." Kirin looks at the doors, both looking for transformative magic and generally reading the labels. There's some interesting stuff here, for sure...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Abrajin's Library]

Hmmm...

Let's see...

There's a door on transumation, one on alteration, one on metamorphosis, one on cosmetic magic, one of life-shaping, one on biomancy. There's even a door on eldritch evolution that's giving off a rather spooky vibe.

Those all sound like they're related to rearranging things or people.

Our heroes walk past the fly-eye swarm. They continues to pay them no heed and extract a small wand from a drawer. Upon finding it the various eyes in the swarm begin clicking at each other excitedly. Sounds like a language, but it is pretty incomprehensible.
    [Abrajin's Library]

Xavier pauses in their search for a moment when he hears the clicking from above. While he hadn't paid them much mind when he'd first arrived, they've captured his attention for the moment. "I wonder what those strange creatures are." He muses to Kirin.

7. - Top - End - #367

EMBOH Air-Vault

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Bob View Post

[EMBOH Air-Vault]

Well Magtok did throw an explosive at them. Which would do awful things to their squishy bits.
    So in that regard, maybe the electro-rocket is just karma?

Although when you can just redirect the karma back at the people that sent it, it's a pretty awful punishment.

Their faces were kinda funny though, all bug-eyed and confused when the telewarp does its job. Funny before they got obstructed by a sheen of crackling electricity and smoke anyway.

Libby makes a little humming noise before glancing back at her 'kidnapper'.
    "Not all of those were entirely 'super', unfortunately."
    What does that mean? Probably nothing anyone needs to worry about.

"We can't always be perfectly Saturday Morning Cartoon about everything."

Whether Magtok's referring to the individuals lacking the 'super' descriptor, his slightly-more-gruesome-than-PG13 counter-attack on them, or both, is a complete mystery. He sounds just a tinge disturbed by the circumstances, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's at least a little of the latter.

"But...yeah, I guess that's it then, right? Unless someone's going to leap out of the smoke cloud and-"

Magtok turns around abruptly to watch for some tricky bastard flying up to get him. He has absolutely no intention of keeping his eyes on the impact site long enough for the aftermath to actually reveal itself, though. He might be dating Death herself, but looking at the dead and/or dying themselves is still totally repulsive and as disquieting as ever.
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2013-07-05 at 05:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

8. - Top - End - #368

Needle and Thread - Streets

Krystal will gladly follow.

So, how long have you been with WATCHTOWER?

Two Evils

Obviously Ivaz doesn't care about names much either.

She shrugs a little. Eh, not the best I've seen. She keeps her face fairly neutral at the moment.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

9. - Top - End - #369
    Troll in the Playground

[Streets]

"That is a difficult question to answer due to relative timeflows, however I believe approximately two years would be a more or less correct answer," Shawna states. "While I have not agreed with all of the actions the leadership of the organisation has taken, it has been the best experience of my life."

===

[Evil Streets!]

"Oh? Yours being the best?" Becky asks, eyebrow arched as she smirks.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

10. - Top - End - #370
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    [Interrogation Room - Red]

"So, what's the paint scheme you're suggesting again? Oh, and call me Red, please. Mr. Russel wasn't somebody I care to think about too much," Red says, frowning a bit as he leans forwards in his chair. "...oh, and I'll need first say on who gets to be my crew."
    The interrogator raises an eyebrow. "If you don't wish to be called by a given name, don't give it out. But regardless, it will need to be in our colors. Protocol and all that. And there will be a number of options available for vehicle operation, though you'll have to show them how to work with the vehicle. Humanoid mechs are surprisingly uncommon."
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

11. - Top - End - #371

[Metropolis Square - Airship Port]

So, hmmm...

There certainly aren't any pirate ships around here. But there ARE several ships in typical Equestrian style that the crew would probably recognize. They aren't military, however. Look more like merchant ships.

The closest is a ship named Her Resplendent Dawn. The tower's elevators are pretty busy at the moment, as are several teams of pegasi carrying cargo to and from the ship. As a matter of fact it seems there are a fair number of pegasi around here doing dock work.

It makes sense, really. Being able to fly to and from the ground quickly with loads and ropes and so forth is a fairly useful skill to have around an airship port when most races are ground-bound. There are even a few griffins here!

While most of the people at the docks are still humanoids it seems that fliers of Equestrian origin are in higher demand here than elsewhere. Having someone on board an airship that can manipulate weather really doesn't hurt either.

[Hodgepodge Street - Fountain Way]

The life guard very quickly pretends that he hadn't been ogling women and turns his attention back to the pool with laser-like focus.

Real smooth, guy.

Reaaaaal smooth.

12. - Top - End - #372
    Dwarf in the Playground

Abrajin's Library

Gah... so many choices. But at Xavier's prompting Kirin looks up at the things... "With our luck, they probably eat magic or something. Which one of these do you think works the best? Or can you see one marked as 'flesh magic'?"

Kirin had better hope that they don't eat magic, because she's forgotten that she registers ever so slightly on magic detection...

13. - Top - End - #373
    Orc in the Playground

Metropolis Square Airship Port- Pretty Pastel Pony Pirates

The three pirate ponies will approach the dock at which Her Resplendent Dawn is anchored. She seems a bit too Celestia-oriented for their liking, but if they aren't hiring they might know who is. They'll look for a pony that seems to be organising the loading, as such a pony is less likely to be doing anything important and more likely to be in charge. "Ahoy, matey! Do you know if any of these vessels are hiring? And equally importantly, what's their opinions on the disabled?" Since all three ponies have had various body parts hacked off due to battle-injuries. Though in Volley's case there was little to hack off due to the cannonball.

14. - Top - End - #374

[Abrajin's Library]

The fly-eyes continue to ignore our heroes.

Unless they decide to antagonize them somehow.

Which probably wouldn't be wise.

And alas there are no doors marked 'Flesh Magic'. Rebo has already listed the relevant signs!

[Metropolis Square - Airship Port]

The pony in charge is a purple unicorn stallion with a green mane and a smart uniform on. His cutie mark? A check list. Just like the one he's holding in his magic.

"Hmm?" he glances at the trio approaching him. "Sure thing. Her Resplendent Dawn is always looking for crew. What can you offer her?"

Along with that question he does a quick visual survey of their injuries. "Injuries don't manage so much so long as you can pull your weight and offer useful services."

15. - Top - End - #375
    Orc in the Playground

Metropolis Square Skyport- Pretty Pastel Pony Pirates & A Pony Bureaucrat

"I'm a good shot with my pistols, have experience leading ponies into battle, am an experienced navigator, I can teleport, and my special talent is reloading pistols. My leg was blown off by a cannonball." She doesn't want to reveal that she was elected captain, rather than appointed, because pirates elect their captains; navies appoint theirs.
    "Six months training under Croustade aux Pommes in Canterlot as a professional chef; two years experience ship's cook; special talent in spicing food, some combat experience. My right eye was lost when a pirate plundered a kitchen." But Cinnamon's hampered in combat by being unable to see anything on her right, and also doesn't mention she was the pirate.
    "Former surgeon with the Royal Equestrian Navy, invalided out due to a changeling with a volleygun that wrecked my wing, moped for half a decade before I was offered and accepted a position as head medical officer on a private vessel. Special talent is amputations, some experience in battle but the cutlass is mainly for show." Doc Sorebones is the only pony of the surviving crew who has served both for and against the navy.

16. - Top - End - #376
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    [Riftline Waiting Game]

Dawn hops up to hover, putting a bit of space between herself and the slugmen. She also wants a good vantage point. She ascends up into the air, her hooves held aloft to strike or defend against attacks. The bottle of highly unstable... whatever she just made... is held between her teeth, ready to be spat out or thrown at any moment. She narrows her eyes and scans around the room, particularly paying attention to the container the Ilithid zorped into, ready and waiting for any further twists or tricks...

She ignores the strange child for the moment. Something doesn't seem right...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Riftline Ruckus]

Geneva gives an irritated sigh as she focuses on her EFS, trying to find any indication of either non-hostile contacts that might need saving or that nasty squid thing hiding inside the walls somewhere.

"But... we need to get the people they kidnapped out of here first, right?"
    the hippogriff asks. And then like a crazy person says aloud to no one, "What are you talking about Twilight? A sample of what? You keep cutting in and out?"

Sunder raises an eyebrow at Geneva, then glances over at Bob.

The elemental simply shrugs. "Keep your guards up, my friends. I do not believe our foe is finished yet."
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    [Riftline Rumble]

Lydia takes a deep breath, then looks to Geneva.
    "You are talking to yourself. Are you well, or did they successfully crack your mind?"

[Riftline Shenanigans]

EFS reveals information! Mostly a bunch of friendly little pips in various directions, for her team-mates and the slug things.
    There's also a pair of bunny-ears on the indicator, each stamped with a smiley face. Pretty sure the program can't actually display that, but it's there anyway.
    Curious. The hostages do not seem to be pipping up anywhere.

The heroine-dressed girl bounces over, cheerfully humming a chaotic jumble of notes with no readily apparent rhythm.
    "If you're looking for the folksies from the train, I think the squiggle-faces already shoved them into the piping."

Geneva:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Cutting in and out? Hm...can't be a side effect if it's only just now appeared."
    A moment of silent thought.
    "Oh, and the green stuff. Get a sample of the green stuff."

[EMBOH Air-Vault]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    EMBOH Air-Vault

"We can't always be perfectly Saturday Morning Cartoon about everything."

Whether Magtok's referring to the individuals lacking the 'super' descriptor, his slightly-more-gruesome-than-PG13 counter-attack on them, or both, is a complete mystery. He sounds just a tinge disturbed by the circumstances, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's at least a little of the latter.

"But...yeah, I guess that's it then, right? Unless someone's going to leap out of the smoke cloud and-"

Magtok turns around abruptly to watch for some tricky bastard flying up to get him. He has absolutely no intention of keeping his eyes on the impact site long enough for the aftermath to actually reveal itself, though. He might be dating Death herself, but looking at the dead and/or dying themselves is still totally repulsive and as disquieting as ever.

Magtok twirls around to reveal-!
    Nothing. No one seems to be jumping up to attack him this time.

Maybe that rocket drop has finally won the day?
    Huzzah, for beating down the peculiarly inept security staff with a rather violent return project!

Lurking off to the side, a rather suspicious grin crawls on Libby's face.
    Right before she chucks Mr. Sleeping Ice Beauty at the cyborg.
    "Save me, valiant hero."
    Last edited by Chaotic Bob; 2013-07-05 at 07:56 PM.
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

17. - Top - End - #377
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [Everysize Hotel]

"Maybe that was to much yellow road for a human?" Zefir says before he heads out bringing in the next guini pig. Let's say a femal elf mid age.
    "My thoughts precisely. I'll try something else this time..."

It takes a few more tries, but after the fourth corpse has been reduced to ever so disposable ash, The Moff gets it right on a dour, middle aged human woman.

"Everything is the same size."
    Same moment of stillness, but then the woman blinks. "And? That's it? You're paying us to hear something every logical person already-" She blinks again. "Uh, what did you just say? I can't seem to-"

The Moff beams, relieved. "Doesn't matter, doesn't matter. I suggest you rest for a few minutes, you're about to-" the volunteer is already doubled over, clutching her head, moaning in pain before The Moff can inform her of the killer headache she's about to develop. "What did you do to me? What did you do to me?" The Moff affects a calm, reassuring tone. "Hypnosis. I just put you in a light trance, you had a bad reaction. You're perfectly safe and healthy, you'll feel fine in just a minute." Of all of the lies in that answer, the latter is not one of them and indeed, the volunteer's half-lobotomized head has repaired itself. Once she indicates that she's feeling better, The Moff grabs a pen and begins scratching at his clipboard, asking the woman questions. She reports a strange sense of inner stillness, mildly increased sensory awareness, and an almost uncomfortable newfound energy. "That'll only last a few hours, don't worry." (LIES!)

After the volunteer is escorted out, the experiment is run twice more with identical results, and the remainder of the volunteers are dismissed.

The Moff does his goofy Sinister Antagonist smirk. "Well, that's phase one."

18. - Top - End - #378
    Ogre in the Playground

[Everysize Hotel]

"Does phase 2 involve groping? Cause I think it should." Stu says, helpfully adding intelligence and charm to the group.

I recommend ignoring him like you would any hired muscle.
    "Is it ok to just let them go like that?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

19. - Top - End - #379

Streets

Krystal nods a little. Well, that's good, then. I've been with GLoG for a while, myself.

Two Evils

Ivaz nods, grinning. Duh. Who else?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

20. - Top - End - #380
    Troll in the Playground

[Interrogators Dig Giant Robots]

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcomet View Post
    The interrogator raises an eyebrow. "If you don't wish to be called by a given name, don't give it out. But regardless, it will need to be in our colors. Protocol and all that. And there will be a number of options available for vehicle operation, though you'll have to show them how to work with the vehicle. Humanoid mechs are surprisingly uncommon."
    "Hey, you're The Man," Red points out. "The Man wants to know name, rank, and serial number. And I reckon I can handle that." Red, of course, has his own opinons about who is suitable for working with him...

===

Streets

[QUOTE=KerfuffleMach2;15562569]

Krystal nods a little. Well, that's good, then. I've been with GLoG for a while, myself.

"Are they not to your liking?" Shawna asks, curious. "Or are you simply seeking to branch out, as it were?"

===

Two Evils

Ivaz nods, grinning. Duh. Who else?
    Becky laughs, and sticks her tongue out at Ivaz. "Well, I'll have to reserve my judgement until I get a chance to assess it," she states, accenting her statement exactly as one might expect. "Gotta say, though, your fashion sense isn't bad a'tall."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

21. - Top - End - #381
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Everysize Hotel]

"Does phase 2 involve groping? Cause I think it should." Stu says, helpfully adding intelligence and charm to the group.

I recommend ignoring him like you would any hired muscle.
    "Is it ok to just let them go like that?"
    "Oh sure. They don't know anything about us, do they?" The Moff ponders. "Well, if something happens we can always track them down and kill them and their families, I guess."

22. - Top - End - #382

Streets

Krystal nods. Oh, yeah, I like working there. It's just...well, I guess, they're not as action-oriented as I'd like, ya know?

Two Evils

Ivaz chuckles. Of course not. A hot chick like me has to wear stuff that looks great.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

23. - Top - End - #383
    Troll in the Playground

[Streets]

"Fair enough," Shawna agrees with a nod.
    And presumably off to Watchtower they go!

[Two Evils]

"Yeah, don't you know it. I've been thinking of setting up a place where the fashion tastes we like can be properly serviced, actually..." Becky grins, swaying just a bit more.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

24. - Top - End - #384

Streets

To WATCHTOWER!

Two Evils

Ivaz nods a little, watching Becky closely. Yeah, that could be a good thing.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

25. - Top - End - #385
    Troll in the Playground

[Two Evils]

Becky, after they walk a bit further, pauses at the mouth of an alleyway, and grins at Ivaz.
    "So, I can portal us straight to AMEN from here," she says, leaning against a handily adjacent wall with her hips turned just so...

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

26. - Top - End - #386

Two Evils

Ivaz stands with her hips tilted a little.

Can you, now? Well, then, be my guest.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

27. - Top - End - #387
    Troll in the Playground

Two Evils

Becky smirks, then starts opening a shadow portal!

There might or might not be a couple of Mook Muggers who haven't gotten the word yet approaching...

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

28. - Top - End - #388
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

[Rifltine - Now With 100% More Plumbing Issues]

Dawn turns a confused and somewhat uncomfortable gaze towards the pipes. "The... pipes? What do you mean? What happened to the hostages?"
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

29. - Top - End - #389

Two Evils

Ivaz raises an eyebrow at the shadow portal. Seems she had some competition in the powers department.

She points at the muggers. Welcome party?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

30. - Top - End - #390
    Troll in the Playground

Two Evils

Becky looks around, then rolls her eyes in bemusement as she spots the hoods.
    "Nah, more like fun," she says, grinning at Ivaz. "You first?"

The would-be muggers pause, sensing something Not Quite Right.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew