New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303146 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 53

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Taking a Stroll]

Arel smiles a bit to herself as they go along. She's quiet for a bit. it's nice to just spend time with Rein.

...She's quiet for a bit longer. Possibly because her player is drawing a blank for topics to talk about. .-.
    [Taking a Stroll]

I'm out of ideas as well, though I know both characters are supposed to meet more people and befriend them, so perhaps someone will show up on this walk and that'll happen.

Otherwise, it'll just be a nice scenic walk home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

2. - Top - End - #602
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

[Riftline]

Dawn nods in agreement to Lydia, thoughtfully munching on cake. It could have gone a lot worse. Still... there was the whole "alien memory" thing to worry about.

Dawn shuddered. As much as she disliked the idea of going to a Zebra for help, it seemed like paying a visit to the shaman - or any sorcerer, really - is something she should do quite soon. "Sooo," she says, looking at her friends. "Think we should hit up Carousel Street? See if they can help tell us more about pony society here and whatnot? And, y'know, get rid of the these memory curse things?"
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

3. - Top - End - #603
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Alysha thinks seriously for a moment. This is a big decision.

Well...I guess I could help you. Maybe. I don't know much about big robots, though. Or small ones. Or any robots, really.
    "Actually, I could probably help with that. If I cast alter a mind-reading spell slightly, attune it to the control of the primary and secondary targets rather than the caster... yes, I think that would be fairly simple. I can transfer Red's knowledge of all things robotic to you. It would be entirely under your and his control, so he won't be sending you anything he doesn't want to, and you can cut the connection at any time if you don't like something. Shall I cast it?"
    Doctor Harald avatar by MethosH

Nexus

CHB
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #604
    Troll in the Playground

[After The Interrogation]

"Teddy, you do realise that this will be working with a military group, right?" Red says, raising an eyebrow, before looking to Alysha with a nod. "A link might work, although I would be cautious. I've been told I'm messed up in the head." And there's that grin again! Before he looks to Nick, eyebrow raised.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

5. - Top - End - #605
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Abandoned Factory

The sorceress will patiently move away each object blocking her path and unless some crazy trap triggers when she does this, she will enter the factory as well.
    Nope, no traps. Seems like this place is still mostly abandoned, whoever is in here either hasn't been here long or hasn't wanted to make this into a real base of operations. She can catch up with Wenomir easily enough from there.

6. - Top - End - #606
    Titan in the Playground

[Abandoned Factory]

"There's some glow coming from there," Wenomir says quietly. "Let's go in quickly and see what it's about."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

7. - Top - End - #607
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Abandoned Factory]

"I'd advise caution, for all we know the one who is behind this have misdirected us somewhere very dangerous to take out those who are trying to track him or her." Cessie whispers back.

[Hodgepodge Street - Fountain Way]

Astrana have laid down as well, still letting her tail playfully bat against her boyfriends leg. "I don't know, don't think I will know until I see it. I honestly haven't seen many white people with a tan. It's rather rare in Elshar."

8. - Top - End - #608
    Titan in the Playground

[Abandoned Factory]

Wenomir manages not to roll his eyes. What Cessie is telling him is... rather obvious. He hasn't been doing this sort of thing since yesterday. Instead, he just nods and steps away from the machine, towards the glow.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

9. - Top - End - #609
    Ogre in the Playground

"Oh right. Since everyone pretty much has dark skin already, right?" Valente lies on his back and wiggles next to Astrana so their arms are touching. He takes her hand and turns his head to smile at her.

When a small group of kids run somewhere behind them, Valente tilts his head back to watch them go past. "What do you think it'd be like? Laying here, watching our kids play, like these parents."
    Last edited by Gullara; 2013-07-13 at 10:24 AM.

10. - Top - End - #610
    Dwarf in the Playground

Abandoned Factory

About in the center of the factory floor, there is a thing set up. A ring on the ground, make of metal and glass, circles what looks like a pillar of some kind of fluid, turned to stone. It is what is glowing, and what Cessie is sensing.

Surrounding it are three people in heavy leather armor, not noticing the pair. One is armed with a longbow and quiver of arrows, one is armed with a longsword and shield, and one has a pair of wickedly barbed dirks.

None of them have faces.

11. - Top - End - #611

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    [After The Interrogation]

"Teddy, you do realise that this will be working with a military group, right?" Red says, raising an eyebrow, before looking to Alysha with a nod. "A link might work, although I would be cautious. I've been told I'm messed up in the head." And there's that grin again! Before he looks to Nick, eyebrow raised.
    ((I think Nick left, actually.))

Um...I guess we could do that...if you guys think it'll be okay...

Alysha may use magic, but clearly, this is out of her expertise.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

12. - Top - End - #612
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    ((I think Nick left, actually.))

Um...I guess we could do that...if you guys think it'll be okay...

Alysha may use magic, but clearly, this is out of her expertise.
    (Nick is still inside inquiring about a job since DC has a lot to deal with)
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

13. - Top - End - #613
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [Atriol]

Mia laugths a bit. The question about his limits make her giggle in the #If you would know' way.

"He got no limits, even thought he doesn't show them everywhere."

"That's true. I can hear the voices of the machines if I listen." At that time Mdm leans a bit forward, obviously speaking .

"Don't worry," Mia says to the robot "I would never stop listening to you."

MDM seems to be pleased with that answer and returns to his position.
    [Atriol]

"...curious." Akira sits back, a pensive look on his face.

"Hypothetically speaking," he starts. "What would happen to a machine that he cannot reach?Or a machine blocked from his influence?"
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

14. - Top - End - #614

"I don't know. I honestly never really considered it until now. It was always "There is plenty of time to think of that later Astrana". I never really thought I would be able to stop and think about these kinds of things until I was much older." She admits while watching the kids.

15. - Top - End - #615
    Ogre in the Playground

"I never really thought about it myself much either. Especially recently, since you know, I didn't think I'd ever be able to have kids and all that. Not to mention I never saw myself meeting such an amazing woman that I love so much." He leans in and gives her a kiss on the cheek. "I think I'd like being a father."

16. - Top - End - #616
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Riftline]

Ooooh, perfect. So that goes there but... No, that messes up everything else. Hmmm... Maybe...

Geneva is still staring blankly off into space as she grapples with the alien memory. The hippogriff's curious nature and drive to understand really aren't doing her any favors with this thing. It's absolutely consuming her thoughts if only because it's a mathematical puzzle she hasn't ever encountered before and thus must solve.

She doesn't seem to even register the conversation going on nearby.

She'll probably need to be poked to get her attention.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

17. - Top - End - #617

Abandoned Factory

"The pillar is the source if that wasn't obvious." The sorceress states, pointing at it. "More material to analyze I guess, let's see what this have to do with Harnel's kidnapper." She attempts to analyze the structure now that she's close as she looks closer at the statues. "These figures remind me of the zubera of my world. Very curious. I don't they are spiritual in nature however." Her commentary is probably lost to Wenomir though.

"So you're fully ready to be a father? I couldn't tell last time since it felt like you blurted it out. But you have actually put consideration into it??" She asks before turning to her side to look at him.

18. - Top - End - #618
    Titan in the Playground

[Abandoned Factory]

"They'd look like bog-standard creepy cultists if it wasn't for the lack of faces," Wenomir says. "Looks like we might have to ask them a few questions."

19. - Top - End - #619
    Dwarf in the Playground

Abandoned Factory

The 'statue' is showing some of the telltale signs of petrification: it's too smooth, too perfect to be a carving. It looks like it is mid-movement, a sense of dynamic energy that only the greatest masters of carving can hope to achieve with a human sculpture, much less a pillar of fluid...

Huh. If you tilt your head, some of the ripples look like a face. That's kind of odd.

The figures are moving slightly, they're obviously alive, and as long as Cessie and Wenomir aren't noisy they haven't noticed them yet. Looks like they expect trouble from the stone thing, not from somewhere else.

If Cessie can detect such things, she'll notice that all three of the people lack souls. The face thing is literal, not an illusion, but there is something else in them. Presumably controlling them and keeping them alive.

In addition, there is a good amount of magic energy in them that the might be able to use.
    Last edited by Lost_Deep; 2013-07-13 at 05:18 PM.

20. - Top - End - #620
    Ogre in the Playground

"I've been putting a lot of thought into it since then. I don't think anyone can be fully ready just by thinking about, but I think I could handle it. Heck, I'd enjoy it." Valente gives Astrana a big smile, feeling pretty confident about this. And not just that, but the idea of spending his life with her in general.

Not that he expects that they'll be taking that step any time soon. There's a few steps in between he figures. But he wants Astrana to know just how confident he feels about it. And he feels so confident that he feels like he could handle kids right now!

21. - Top - End - #621
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

[Riftline]

Dawn notices Geneva staring into space. She frowns, studying her friend for a moment, before slapping her hooves together to get the hippogrif's attention. "Geneva!" she barks over the sound of her hooves clopping together.

Presuming that snaps her out of it, Dawn frowns at Geneva. "Alright, yeah, we need to go get this taken care of pronto. You keep zoning out, and it's starting to worry me." She turns to the nearest person or Cylon or whatever. "Um, excuse me? Which way to Carousel Street, or wherever else we can find a proper 'cursed memory removal' sorta service?"
    Last edited by Lycan 01; 2013-07-13 at 02:54 PM.
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

22. - Top - End - #622

Arg sorry didn't read after the Meanwhile. I thought it's another new event.

Mika doesn't try to stare at the pony, but already wonders where they sold such kind of clothes.

"Nop. I'm not even close to having children. I'm in no relationship."

We are in the Nexus. Even a plant guy is having curtains so this relationship can be called normal.

"So you take care of them alone?"

Quote Originally Posted by Morcleon View Post
    [Atriol]

"...curious." Akira sits back, a pensive look on his face.

"Hypothetically speaking," he starts. "What would happen to a machine that he cannot reach?Or a machine blocked from his influence?"
    [Atriol]

Mia shakes her head a bit, looking very seriouse.

"There aren't any machines he can't reach. He uses a way people can't understand and so they can't block it."
    Last edited by Zefir; 2013-07-13 at 03:07 PM.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

23. - Top - End - #623

Abandoned Factory

Cessie can't detect souls but she can detect enchantments of that kind. "They're golems, puppets, maybe one of those Helios mentioned?" She theorizes. "In that case that would make this place the center of operations of the being who kidnapped Harnel... possibly. I think what's most important is that statue. It's hard to tell without a closer look."

"I expect children to be something that consumes most of your life, which is why I want to do a number of things before I throw myself into that. It's like a completely different life then I'm living now where I only really need to think of myself and my needs." She tells Valente.

24. - Top - End - #624
    Titan in the Playground

[Abandoned Factory]

"Then we just need to take a closer look," Wenomir says. "Those puppets will try to stop us, of course. So... let's get them out of the way."

25. - Top - End - #625
    Ogre in the Playground

"Yeah, I understand that. And we should definitely wait until we're ready for them to be such a big part of our lives. I guess it'd be easier when they're older, but they'll definitely be time consuming when they're very young. But just remember that I'd be there for you too, helping every step of the way. So even though it would consume a lot of our time, you can lean on me when you want to do personal stuff." Valente says, reassuringly. He'd never expect Astrana to just drop everything to be a mother.

26. - Top - End - #626
    Orc in the Playground

Philip Memorial Library

Given the searcher is blind and moves slowly because he is always learning how to walk? Possibly a lot harder than it should be. Especially if they don't give off any body heat, and I'm not sure he knows they exist. If they aren't mentioned in the book, he likely doesn't have a clue.

He'll memorise how to summon one of the star-spawn; if his face gets eaten, he can just grow a new one. Hopefully one with better eyesight, but the problem with Sorcery (at least the kind he uses) is that the spells are unpredictable in their precise effects. He could cast the same spell on two seperate hedgehogs, and the effects would differ slightly, even if only in colour.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

27. - Top - End - #627

Meanwhile! always refers to something else going on within the same location. That's just how Rebo rolls.

*ahem*

"By myself? Oh no, of course not. My wife does too," the earth pony replies. "She's just off having some quality time with her lady friends and so I get to herd the munchkins today. I heard about this spot and thought it would be fun to check out. Turns out it was!"

The two children are giggling like crazy as they dance about between the water jets.

"I'm Olive Press, by the way," he offers a hoof for shaking or bumping or whatever. "Nice to meet you miss...?"

[Arkham Street - Philip Memorial Library]

Sounds like he could really do with some improved control.

Anywho!

The ritual to summon a starspawn is thus memorized! It would probably be a good idea to do any summoning in a place other than the rare book room. Summoning eldritch abominations into the middle of the library might damage the books.

And that would be terrible.

[Riftline]

When the pair of hooves are clopped together in front of Geneva's face the hippogriff suddenly blinks blurrily as though she had just woken up from a deep slumber. "...Dawn?"

Another blink followed by a shake of her head.

"Sorry I was kind of zoning out there. The math involved with this thing is really tricky."

Several seconds tick by as the pegasus' comments register with her. "Get rid of it? But... But I can figure this out! I'm sure of it. It might be something really important. Or it might just be a pointless math puzzle... But I'm sure I can make sense of it! I just need enough time!"

It'll eat at her forever if she doesn't.

The one problem she didn't get the chance to finish solving.

28. - Top - End - #628
    Orc in the Playground

Arkham Street

Which is why the old man is hobbling out of the Rare Books Room and leaving the library. He's headed towards his own home. He'll use the Riftline to get there, though, as he's slow and it's quite a distance away in a poorer part of town.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

29. - Top - End - #629
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Riftline]

Geneva:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Geneva you don't...have the right point of reference. There was this library, that Ibby took me to when we first met. I think..."
    The mare seems puzzled.
    "But...I've never been here...
    Arkham...?"

That praying mantis fellow over there is failing rather terribly at a game of Rock, Paper, Scissors he's playing against an exuberant little halfling child.
    Something about an unfair gesture advantage.
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

30. - Top - End - #630

[Arkham Street ==> Riftline]

The crippled man will be let out of the rare book room by the Librarian and allowed to head off on his way!

The ride on Riftline should be peaceful and uneventful.

...hopefully.

Onto the train!

Who knows who might throw something weird at him during the ride over.

[Riftline]

"Carousel Court is the stop after next, organic equine organism," replies the cylon.

*DING!*

"Now disembarking for Hodgepodge Street commercial district," comes the voice over the intercom. "Next stop Carousel Court."

Geneva is still looking kinda distracted, though her head isn't out in space anymore. "Arkham... Arkham Street... Didn't Sunder say something about Arkham Street?"

That's where they have Elder Sign charms and racism!