New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 39 of 51 FirstFirst ... 14293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1529
  1. - Top - End - #1141
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Random Banter #196

Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    *cracks fingers* Time for some quoting. My insomnia ended up with me apparently just snapping to the sweet sounds of slumber at some point because the last IM I sent was 5.21am... And I don't remember the response I got ten minutes later, at all. Plus the laptop was open right in front of my face. Ah well. Four and a half hours of sleep is ok I suppose... Time to check out some wedding dresses today, anyways.

Your truth is oddly malicious at times. Well, it's like I mind your oddliness or anything.

Hrmph all you want. Remember to behave nicely if you want cake next week as well. *arranges her plants in the corner*
    Heheheheheh

Someone say my name?
    Go back to sleep; we were fine without you.
    Shush, I haven't been out in a while.

DAMMIT FINNEH, WE HAVE SHELVES FOR THAT!

Hmm, not sure though. I mean, we are calling him cute. Maybe it's too low for his pride? *shrug* Anyways, yeah. Cute. Hahahahahahaa.

Hrm. I think I'd have to draw it, but then again Mr. Amoaning Drexidoid would moanie moan moan about aaaall the inaccuracies.

Sauna? What? What's the context to this... I don't trust you, American. *narrows eyes*
    *mumblemumblemumble*

I wouldn't complain if it was perfect.

I'll not be going to any saunas, even if you bring Coidzor along. (It's not like there's a whole bunch of them here, anyway).

How much does a flight to VA cost? Because I really need to punch you in the face right now. And then scribble all over it. Which reminds me, there was someone's face I had to scribble on a page or two ago but I forgot who it was...
    From Finland? No idea. From anywhere else? Also no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    No time is ever wasted in RB! This is a place where we talk about anything and everything within the bounds of The Rules.
    I'm going to call BS on that one. I routinely waste time here.

ION: Why.... why did I only get up at 1pm? This is ridiculous. I was even awake at 9, when I wanted to get up... *selfslap*
    Last edited by Amidus Drexel; 2013-07-19 at 12:18 PM.
    A few odds and ends.

2. - Top - End - #1142
    Ogre in the Playground

Of handkerchiefs -- I used to carry nice cotton hankies; they are fun, which is the only reason I need. I miss being able to pull it out and dab my forehead or lips affectedly to punctuate comedy.

The only handkerchiefs I carry these days are decorative silk ones, alas.

Of Ringnecks -- Oh, Drakeburn. I'm sorry you can't make peace with that bird. I only hope you don't chastise it in the way you would a misbehaving dog. It doesn't work -- birds do not have any concept of discipline and authority like that. It will just make them act out further.

Of silly drawings -- I didn't realize Teddy made them! *fawn* That is a delight to the heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Ghost View Post
    Also, I love you guys. Lurking around on other parts of the Internet has heightened my appreciation of what a rare gem this thread is.
    Mi Lar Caelestis! *ambedit* It's true.

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Oh dear... Not feeling safe in one's own home is among the worst of feelings. Is there anything I can do?
    Thank you, just keep being yourself -- it is a comfort to me from afar. I am, meanwhile, taking action in the ways that I can. Can civilians carry pepper spray? Apparently not. Alas.

Walking barefoot also avoids scuffing one's polished hardwood floors.
    Most of my poor Douglas fir floors are beyond this concern, for good or ill.
    Last edited by Kneenibble; 2013-07-19 at 12:35 PM.

3. - Top - End - #1143
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    Of Ringnecks -- Oh, Drakeburn. I'm sorry you can't make peace with that bird. I only hope you don't chastise it in the way you would a misbehaving dog. It doesn't work -- birds do not have any concept of discipline and authority like that. It will just make them act out further.
    So that is why my mother keeps telling me to never trust that bird. That bird has bitten my fingers, my neck, and recently my ear. If I get my hands on that little yellow bird........... Wait a second........

*grabs Kneenibble and hammers his little head with a mallet*

Kind of therapeutic in my case, don't you think?
    Last edited by Drakeburn; 2013-07-19 at 12:50 PM.

4. - Top - End - #1144
    Ogre in the Playground

That is not to say that birds cannot be trained, because they can. But they must absolutely not be trained the way dogs are trained -- their brains simply do not work that way, and it will make them aggressive and reactionary. Birds need positive reinforcement and flock-like bonding to behave: to accept their human as a companion, not an alpha.

Humans, on the other hand, are best trained with fear. *swells up to the size of a fluffy dump truck*

5. - Top - End - #1145
    Ettin in the Playground

Humans, on the other hand, are best trained with fear. *swells up to the size of a fluffy dump truck*
    Terror is indeed an excellent method of training.

Ack, not a dump truck! Now I have to stay back and follow at several hundred feet behind you.
    A few odds and ends.

6. - Top - End - #1146
    Ogre in the Playground

That is not to say that birds cannot be trained, because they can. But they must absolutely not be trained the way dogs are trained -- their brains simply do not work that way, and it will make them aggressive and reactionary. Birds need positive reinforcement and flock-like bonding to behave: to accept their human as a companion, not an alpha.

I suppose that makes sense.

But I think an "alpha" is a poor way to describe how she sees me. I think "favorite victim" seems more appropriate.

*yanks a feather off and dips the tip into some ink*

So how would one train such a bird?

7. - Top - End - #1147
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Your truth is oddly malicious at times. Well, it's like I mind your oddliness or anything.
    The truth makes for the truest knife to twist inside someone to enjoy the sweet cries they make as a result. I suppose it could be put to other mischevious purposes as well.

I know right.
    Indeed, everyone knows it's people who start out cute but then get cuter the more flustered they are by people thinking that they're cute.

You're... just... *pulls hair out*

No.

Hrm. I think I'd have to draw it, but then again Mr. Amoaning Drexidoid would moanie moan moan about aaaall the inaccuracies.

Sauna? What? What's the context to this... I don't trust you, American. *narrows eyes*
    I'm not following you here. How am I being your bête noire? I'm not allowed to confuse you, you're the one confusing me! XP Also, ow, stop pulling out my hair. I need that glorious mane to try to at least somewhat mansome it up!

Indeed, I just find it lamentable.

Even better!

Hmm, maybe less sauna and more bathhouse then? Wine and libations while catamites attend us with the peeling of grapes and such-like.

For I am Finn, the great seer of fortune and mischief, indeed I do know the answers about his life. Or then I just know him. Stuff.

How much does a flight to VA cost? Because I really need to punch you in the face right now. And then scribble all over it. Which reminds me, there was someone's face I had to scribble on a page or two ago but I forgot who it was...
    Fortune and mischief are important, after all.

Go Finn! Scribble! For Great Justice!

*narrows her eyes, is feeling suspicious*

Well, well. This doesn't bother me greatly, heh. Heheh.
    Don't be suspicious! Ele is authentic, pure, and innocent 'Strayan!

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    It means you're great. A more traditional turn of phrase would be to say you're a legend, but I opted not to use that one.

In case I need to wipe sweat off my forehead, or blow my nose, or stop a sudden nosebleed... You know, all the things that make one look very foolish if one doesn't have a handkerchief when one needs one.

Precisely, your Illustriousness.

That is indeed excellent news. Here's hoping his stay in hospital will be more enjoyable that Mynxae's.

And here's hoping that LaZodiac's Mum doesn't commit murder.
    I didn't know that was a traditional turn of phrase in 'straya. That's pretty nifty.

So, yes. Like. A. Sir.

Heh, I'm not the one illustrating all up in here. But thank you.

Well, he's already been discharged, just got held up overnight to make sure he could sleep properly after they cut his own throat.

Quite.

It was rather controversial; and at the time it was the only club of any sort in the area, given the previous live music venue had been shut down for a . . . bingo hall.
    I just can't remember if the lap dance section still runs or not, but I know it did for a bit.
    That's... Hilarious on the one hand and absolutely tragic that the dying dominate the area so thoroughly that a place of life and vitality was replaced by a bingo hall.

I'm still boggling at the idea of people clubbing on one side and people getting lap dances on the other. Granted, I always associated strip joints with 'Murica, so imagining Britlanders just hurts my brain since they always end up having tea at their tables while they watch the show. XD

Seeing as it was about ten o'clock in a really dark tree covered alley, and the guy attacked him away from the scattered lights, he couldn't describe him much.
    If he does do that (or worse) again, they'll probably come around in person to see what else they can extract from Little Brother's memory.
    :/ I can only hope that no one gets hurt in the meantime.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    But I...
    *self-slap reality check*
    Well I was going to say that I compliment you, but then I realized that that was not the same thing as disagreeing with you, as I am a crazy person. But just because the person complimenting you is crazy doesn't mean that a person has to be crazy to compliment you! You're fun! And cool! And... I'm really bad at compliments but that shouldn't affect the fact that you should feel good about yourself!
    *bro-hugs* It's ok, we can be cray-cray together.

Also, Agreed.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2013-07-19 at 01:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

8. - Top - End - #1148
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    Terror is indeed an excellent method of training.

Ack, not a dump truck! Now I have to stay back and follow at several hundred feet behind you.
    It certainly works better than pleasure. As a sibling you understand the application of terror very well, I'm sure.

No! That's not what I wanted! *shrinks back down to fluffnugget size* Ah, now I can get all good and tangled up in your hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeburn View Post
    I suppose that makes sense.

But I think an "alpha" is a poor way to describe how she sees me. I think "favorite victim" seems more appropriate.

*yanks a feather off and dips the tip into some ink*

So how would one train such a bird?
    I shouldn't advise you too much because I've actually never met a Ringneck -- my only experience is with budgies. Is she an older bird? How has she been treated over her life?

Again, I really am sincerely sorry that you haven't been able to make peace with her. Ringnecks seem like lovely creatures.

Could you please stop plucking me? ;___; I shed feathers regularly, you could just use one of those...

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Hmm, maybe less sauna and more bathhouse then? Wine and libations while catamites attend us with the peeling of grapes and such-like.
    Can, can I get in on that?
    Last edited by Kneenibble; 2013-07-19 at 01:13 PM.

9. - Top - End - #1149
    Firbolg in the Playground

That's... Hilarious on the one hand and absolutely tragic that the dying dominate the area so thoroughly that a place of life and vitality was replaced by a bingo hall.
    It's more that the hotel owners of the time were bought out and replaced by more conservative people back in the . . . very early '90s.
    But yeah, lot of the elderly around here. In my street there are, I think, two people under thirteen, another two under twenty, maybe eight under thirty, and the majority are over fifty-five easily. This street has thirty-one houses. All occupied. Most by at least two people.
    I think you have to go down six houses to find someone under fifty. That's the house with the at least one of the children.
    Just a case study for you.

I'm still boggling at the idea of people clubbing on one side and people getting lap dances on the other. Granted, I always associated strip joints with 'Murica, so imagining Britlanders just hurts my brain since they always end up having tea at their tables while they watch the show. XD
    They do exist over here too. While we are horribly repressive, conservative people who faint at the sight of a bared ankle, sometimes an itch has to be scratched.
    Or something.
    Although you probably can get tea in strip clubs. I really wouldn't be surprised.

:/ I can only hope that no one gets hurt in the meantime.
    Let's just hope it was just some sick one-off drunken 'joke'.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

10. - Top - End - #1150
    Ettin in the Playground

The truth makes for the truest knife to twist inside someone to enjoy the sweet cries they make as a result. I suppose it could be put to other mischevious purposes as well.

Indeed, everyone knows it's people who start out cute but then get cuter the more flustered they are by people thinking that they're cute.
    The most successful falsehoods are simply irrelevant truths.

I like to tell the truth; it's convenient (don't have to make anything up), it's often hilarious, and it lets people trust me. When I need to lie, they won't bat an eyelash.

Nooooooo *asplodes*

It certainly works better than pleasure. As a sibling you understand the application of terror very well, I'm sure.

No! That's not what I wanted! *shrinks back down to fluffnugget size* Ah, now I can get all good and tangled up in your hair.

Could you please stop plucking me? ;___; I shed feathers regularly, you could just use one of those...
    Fear is an excellent motivator.

Hey! ...fine. *mumblemumblemumble*

Says the budgie who rather emphatically demanded that my regularly shed hair was simply no good for his purposes, and required a freshly-cut piece.
    A few odds and ends.

11. - Top - End - #1151
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Lucky. They're supposed to dig down optic fibres in my neighbourhood soon, but soon equals a year or two, and I'll probably have moved out by the time it reaches our house...

Oh, what more could you ask of a friend?
    *hugs*
    That reminds me... Oh yeeah, crappy internet time when I get back to Scotland. Aahahahahaahh... Crap.

Dunno. You could ask for a cake.

Heheheheheh

Someone say my name?
    Go back to sleep; we were fine without you.
    Shush, I haven't been out in a while.

DAMMIT FINNEH, WE HAVE SHELVES FOR THAT!
    Well, I did apologise...

Awww. More colours of the rainbow. Cute.

You could have told me about you finishing them, eejit! Besides, if you start misbehaving you know you're going on a time-out on one of the shelves.

*mumblemumblemumble*

I wouldn't complain if it was perfect.

I'll not be going to any saunas, even if you bring Coidzor along. (It's not like there's a whole bunch of them here, anyway).

Yeah. So. You'll complain.

... Who said I wanted to go to sauna with you guys, especially Coidz?!

From Finland? No idea. From anywhere else? Also no idea.

ION: Why.... why did I only get up at 1pm? This is ridiculous. I was even awake at 9, when I wanted to get up... *selfslap*
    Roundtrip is a bit less than 600 euros.. Nah... Right now you're not worth that much for me to have you as a punch bag.

Welcome to the dark side. Unfortunately, there's no cookies, but you're always welcome to make some more.

I'm not following you here. How am I being your bête noire? I'm not allowed to confuse you, you're the one confusing me! XP Also, ow, stop pulling out my hair. I need that glorious mane to try to at least somewhat mansome it up!
    ??? ??? Why would I be pulling out your hair? Mine's the one that I'm shredding, eejit!

Yeah how about a no.
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~

12. - Top - End - #1152
    Ogre in the Playground

Don't worry Drake. It happens sometimes. My aunt has had an African Gray that has snapped at me every time I've tried to pet her save once- and that time she had her head stuck in a hole she bit in a cardboard box and didn't have much choice in the matter.
    But yes, that parrot may be evil. Her screeches slowly destroy the ears of mortals and her eyes reflect pure darkness. She also killed my aunt's cockatiel. Crazy parrot.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

13. - Top - End - #1153
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, I did apologise...

You could have told me about you finishing them, eejit! Besides, if you start misbehaving you know you're going on a time-out on one of the shelves.
    Mmm... cake.

Somehow this does not surprise me.

Yon friend malice is an old one.
    And while I may resent being called old, do you know how much crap old people can get away with, because nobody expects them to know any better? It's awesome.
    I think Amidus' sanity would beg to differ.
    *muffled screaming*
    *kicks* Move along.

I was under the impression your chilies were already on the shelves... Also, the view of the room from on top of them is pretty nice, although it is a bit close to the ceiling.

Yeah. So. You'll complain.

Roundtrip is a bit less than 600 euros.. Nah... Right now you're not worth that much for me to have you as a punch bag.

Welcome to the dark side. Unfortunately, there's no cookies, but you're always welcome to make some more.
    He complains about everything.
    Complaining is a virtue.
    Somehow I doubt everyone agrees on that.

I don't believe anyone did; I was just voicing my opposition to the notion of it.

I would certainly hope not. That's a damn expensive punching bag.
    And I'd like to think that I'm worth more than 600 euros.
    I'm sure you would.
    Technically, it's only 300 euros.
    If we're going to be that technical, you also have to count bus fare, or another flight to the regional airport plus cab fare.
    Shut up!
    Allow me to quietly relieve you of your valuables...

Thankfully I am now in a place where my room has windows, so it'll actually be light enough for me to wake up on time in the morning.
    A few odds and ends.

14. - Top - End - #1154
    Ogre in the Playground

I like to tell the truth; it's convenient (don't have to make anything up), it's often hilarious, and it lets people trust me. When I need to lie, they won't bat an eyelash.

Says the budgie who rather emphatically demanded that my regularly shed hair was simply no good for his purposes, and required a freshly-cut piece.
    Do you not find yourself out of practice lying when the time comes?

Yay! *wriggles up an awful tangle, tweeting happily*

But I didn't suggest plucking your hair! And I needed all of it at once, not one at a time!

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Don't worry Drake. It happens sometimes. My aunt has had an African Gray that has snapped at me every time I've tried to pet her save once- and that time she had her head stuck in a hole she bit in a cardboard box and didn't have much choice in the matter.
    But yes, that parrot may be evil. Her screeches slowly destroy the ears of mortals and her eyes reflect pure darkness. She also killed my aunt's cockatiel. Crazy parrot.
    ;___; Different kinds of birds shouldn't be mixed, it's so dangerous for the smaller bird.

Just because she doesn't like to be petted doesn't make her evil! Many birds don't like being touched by hands! Birds are not dogs! *bobs head wildly, squawking in frustration*

15. - Top - End - #1155
    Troll in the Playground

Mmm... cake.

Somehow this does not surprise me.

Yon friend malice is an old one.
    And while I may resent being called old, do you know how much crap old people can get away with, because nobody expects them to know any better? It's awesome.
    I think Amidus' sanity would beg to differ.
    *muffled screaming*
    *kicks* Move along.

I was under the impression your chilies were already on the shelves... Also, the view of the room from on top of them is pretty nice, although it is a bit close to the ceiling.
    You might get some more cake next week.

Well, sorry for being such a person! *throws cake mix in Amidumb's face*

I just missed him, so I'm very happy to see him again! *cuddles everyone tight* now, stop fighting you silly fools!

Dunno. Did you lift them there, laddie?

I would certainly hope not. That's a damn expensive punching bag.
    And I'd like to think that I'm worth more than 600 euros.
    I'm sure you would.
    Technically, it's only 300 euros.
    If we're going to be that technical, you also have to count bus fare, or another flight to the regional airport plus cab fare.
    Shut up!
    Allow me to quietly relieve you of your valuables...

Thankfully I am now in a place where my room has windows, so it'll actually be light enough for me to wake up on time in the morning.
    Hmm. I could just buy a punching bag and tape your face on it. Then again, it's not that fun because there would be no reaction. *mutter*

What, light for you? Ridiculous. I bet next you're going to say how you don't hit your head when you wake up and can stand up straight in a lot of spots!
    aah yes, alligators
    ~Extended Signature~

16. - Top - End - #1156

Aaaaah I fried eggs today! I made three! They tasted nice! Yay cooking.

17. - Top - End - #1157
    Ettin in the Playground

Do you not find yourself out of practice lying when the time comes?

Yay! *wriggles up an awful tangle, tweeting happily*

But I didn't suggest plucking your hair! And I needed all of it at once, not one at a time!
    Nah. And again, the best lies are simply less relevant truths. The times I actually have to speak a deliberate falsehood to get what I want are so few in number that I don't normally take that into consideration.

Just clean up this time, okay? The last time you were in my hair there was an awful mess of things.

I was referring to a different thing... somehow I find it odd that you've requested a significant portion of my hair more than once.

You might get some more cake next week.

Well, sorry for being such a person! *throws cake mix in Amidumb's face*

I just missed him, so I'm very happy to see him again! *cuddles everyone tight* now, stop fighting you silly fools!

Dunno. Did you lift them there, laddie?
    Mmm... I wait in eagerish anticipation.

Good luck with that.

No idea.

Hmm. I could just buy a punching bag and tape your face on it. Then again, it's not that fun because there would be no reaction. *mutter*

What, light for you? Ridiculous. I bet next you're going to say how you don't hit your head when you wake up and can stand up straight in a lot of spots!
    Heheheheh

Yeah, the ceiling's a few inches higher, and I don't have to share the room over here. Otherwise it's pretty much the same, though.
    A few odds and ends.

18. - Top - End - #1158
    Ogre in the Playground

randman!!!1!!!eleven

It has literally been over a year! How're things? Still at Strathclyd? how's uni in general? If you're still there that is. Beans: spill them. Please?
    Just graduated! Still in Glasgow working now. I'm doing SCIENCE!!! and I'm gonna try to find another job here when this one ends. Which it will in September.
    After a couple years I guess I'll go back to Murrica and back to uni for a graduate degree. Orrrr a degree in music composition. Depends on how much rethinking of my life I do.

NOW. It is your turn. What have you been doing? How's life been?
    Seeing as it was about ten o'clock in a really dark tree covered alley, and the guy attacked him away from the scattered lights, he couldn't describe him much.
    If he does do that (or worse) again, they'll probably come around in person to see what else they can extract from Little Brother's memory.
    Holy poop that's scary.
    How's he taking it? Okay, now that it's hopefully over?
    You haven't heard the best part.
    The Renaissance humanists were almost all Neo-Platonists (who also idealised Aristotle) beyond all other writers. So when Copernicus was writing his Revolutions during this Classical craze, academicia was entranced with citing Classical sources because they were the only viable sources beyond all others. As such he pretty much had to base his theories about the revolution of the earth off a Classical source for validity.
    So he found one: Aristarchus of Samos (c. C3rdBC) believed the earth went around the sun. He also quote mined Pythagoras' followers to make it seem as if they supported the idea when they didn't.
    See, the Neo-Platonism of the time was strongly influenced by Pythagorus as well as Aristotle, so quote mining one of them was better for him than an actual legitimate source.
    He also had the same ideas (possibly ripped off from) as a man called John Buridan who proposed the theory of impetus and followed in the same school of thought as Avicenna and john Philoponus, when he suggested that it was highly possible that the earth rotated on its axis.
    Shame then that Buridan was a C14th theologian and natural philosopher because clearly that meant his work was corrupt.

Or how humanists clung so closely to the Classical perfection that even when dissections at universities proved conclusively that Galen's (c. C3rdAD) anatomical theories were very wrong. So when Andreas Vesalias proved Galen was wrong in many respects, another doctor, Jacob Sylvius, rejected these ideas because . . . 'we should believe Galen was right even when it conflicts with the evidence seen by our own eyes'. Fortunately, most humanists weren't that extreme.
    Yeahhhhh, I'm glad I'm doing science now rather than then.
    No time is ever wasted in RB! This is a place where we talk about anything and everything within the bounds of The Rules.
    On a related note, my favourite forum rule is the one regarding the fruit which may not be named (and for good reason).
    Randman... I remember your avatar, but I would've sworn it went with another name. Welcome back.
    Thanks!
    This avatar by Phase.

19. - Top - End - #1159
    Troll in the Playground

Mmm... I wait in eagerish anticipation.

Still not entirely sure what kind of a cake I'll make... Sort of torn between a mud cake and a sachertorte. Has to be something chocolatey.

Wait, ****! Now you're going to eat all that mix! I NEED IT DAMN IT!

Heheheheh

Yeah, the ceiling's a few inches higher, and I don't have to share the room over here. Otherwise it's pretty much the same, though.
    One day, ONE DAY! One day. Darn it. What was I to say... *mind blanks* Oh, yes! One day I will be knocking at your door, and as you open it I'll be sure to aim for somewhere I won't mention because I don't want you to be prepared to dodge!

That... That sounds nearly enjoyable. You don't deserve that! Come back to the corner, NOW! *drags Amiglob*

Quote Originally Posted by randman22222 View Post
    After a couple years I guess I'll go back to Murrica
    Nooo, don't leave me! You can't! Who will I make fun of without you in my life... :smallyetverysneakytongue:
    aah yes, alligators
    ~Extended Signature~

20. - Top - End - #1160

Just graduated! Still in Glasgow working now. I'm doing SCIENCE!!! and I'm gonna try to find another job here when this one ends. Which it will in September.
    After a couple years I guess I'll go back to Murrica and back to uni for a graduate degree. Orrrr a degree in music composition. Depends on how much rethinking of my life I do.
    Congratumalations! That's amazing.

NOW. It is your turn. What have you been doing? How's life been?
    Not so good. I graduated yeah, but wanted to work for a year before going back to do an MA to get more money, but no job, so maybe I'll try again.

Holy poop that's scary.
    How's he taking it? Okay, now that it's hopefully over?
    Surprisingly well. Didn't seem all that phased by it.

Yeahhhhh, I'm glad I'm doing science now rather than then.
    Given that, last I remember, you were doing forensic science, you'd probably have done okay. If you were born to a rich family, or agreed to join a monastic order who would then pay your way through uni.
    Although . . . you wouldn't have done much of the practical stuff. That would have been the barber surgeons. But still, people were performing rhinoplasties successfully in the C16th.

On a related note, my favourite forum rule is the one regarding the fruit which may not be named (and for good reason).
    Oh that rule. I do like that one quite a bit.
    Last edited by CurlyKitGirl; 2013-07-19 at 03:11 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

21. - Top - End - #1161

Given that, last I remember, you were doing forensic science, you'd probably have done okay. If you were born to a rich family, or agreed to join a monastic order who would then pay your way through uni.
    Although . . . you wouldn't have done much of the practical stuff. That would have been the barber surgeons. But still, people were performing rhinoplasties successfully in the C16th.
    Bah, seventeenth century rhinoplasty. The Egyptians had successful* trepanning.

*Successful: The living people who were operated on didn't die after wards from trepanning related causes.
    Last edited by MoonCat; 2013-07-19 at 03:14 PM.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #1162
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah, I do enjoy the Amidux-Finnfinn exchanges. It's good reading.

Tell us, FinnLassoo. Is Randmillions the handsomely superbitudinous snake-charmer I imagine him to be?

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Aaaaah I fried eggs today! I made three! They tasted nice! Yay cooking.
    Congratulations. One day you will cook as well as secular authorities cooked St. Lawrence.

Nah. And again, the best lies are simply less relevant truths. The times I actually have to speak a deliberate falsehood to get what I want are so few in number that I don't normally take that into consideration.

Just clean up this time, okay? The last time you were in my hair there was an awful mess of things.

I was referring to a different thing... somehow I find it odd that you've requested a significant portion of my hair more than once.
    I suppose your earned trust is like graphite powder in a keyhole -- even the rustiest-teethed of lies could slip through.

I'm sorry, I don't have control over that. It happens every fifteen minutes no matter where I am tangled.

If only you knew how appealing your hair is to birdkind. It arouses nesting instincts for which there is no human metaphor.

23. - Top - End - #1163

NecromancerGuy

Can, can I get in on that?
    Funny you should mention that. I was basically imagining part of your fluffenpalace.

It's more that the hotel owners of the time were bought out and replaced by more conservative people back in the . . . very early '90s.
    But yeah, lot of the elderly around here. In my street there are, I think, two people under thirteen, another two under twenty, maybe eight under thirty, and the majority are over fifty-five easily. This street has thirty-one houses. All occupied. Most by at least two people.
    I think you have to go down six houses to find someone under fifty. That's the house with the at least one of the children.
    Just a case study for you.
    Oy gevalt! Reminds me of when I was living out with my parents in the sticks for a bit due to Papazor's seminary. There's just something unsettling about knowing that in as little as ten year's time half the homes will be empty because the people in them will be dead or unable to live on their own and there's no one what will buy and move into them after that.

They do exist over here too. While we are horribly repressive, conservative people who faint at the sight of a bared ankle, sometimes an itch has to be scratched.
    Or something.
    Although you probably can get tea in strip clubs. I really wouldn't be surprised.
    I'm not sure if that's hilariously cheesy or brilliant, really.

Let's just hope it was just some sick one-off drunken 'joke'.
    People and their strange ideas that mugging and threatening sexual assault make for good jokes...

The most successful falsehoods are simply irrelevant truths.

Nooooooo *asplodes*
    Indeed, it's just too bad for me I prefer irreverent truths.

Oh my~

*evil laugh time here*

Fear is an excellent motivator.

Sometimes, depends on what you want to do. Horrible for workouts, I've found, great for running from giant chitinous monstrosities. Just ask Harry Dresden. Or Rincewind. XD

*mumblegrumbles*

That just goes to show how much he wants to nuzzle up into you.

That reminds me... Oh yeeah, crappy internet time when I get back to Scotland. Aahahahahaahh... Crap.

Ouch. Good luck with resolving that if you can.

Cake-havers! *eyes suspiciously*

He can paint with all the colors of the wind.

*sniffles*

??? ??? Why would I be pulling out your hair? Mine's the one that I'm shredding, eejit!

Yeah how about a no.
    Because you're mad at me and want me to suffer for being an eejit? Don't pull out your hair, finnalin! D:

Aww, but Kneenibble will be there! Also, wine. Pools of it, even, no wait, those are fountains, sorry.

Congratulations. One day you will cook as well as secular authorities cooked St. Lawrence.

If only you knew how appealing your hair is to birdkind. It arouses nesting instincts for which there is no human metaphor.
    They are quite droll, aye.

Heh. Last words up there with "More Weight!"

I have to admit, I'm almost jealous, but I'm also glad that I'm not getting plucked bald by a swarm of birds...
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2013-07-19 at 03:21 PM.
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

24. - Top - End - #1164
    Ogre in the Playground

Tell us, FinnLassoo. Is Randmillions the handsomely superbitudinous snake-charmer I imagine him to be?
    Oh don't ask her; you won't get a straight answer. Our relationship involves endless making fun of each other.
    You'll have to find out for yourself, Kneen.

Congratumalations! That's amazing.

Not so good. I graduated yeah, but wanted to work for a year before going back to do an MA to get more money, but no job, so maybe I'll try again.

Surprisingly well. Didn't seem all that phased by it.

Thanks!

And I suppose there would be no classical sources to cite on forensic biology. If I were trying to prove the validity of some technique, that'd be a pain though, from what you've said.

I wonder what they'll say about science in the 21st century, 500 years from now.

EDIT:
    @V: Rrrrrrgh.
    Last edited by randman22222; 2013-07-19 at 03:25 PM.
    This avatar by Phase.

25. - Top - End - #1165
    Troll in the Playground

THERE'S NOTHING ENJOYABLE ABOUT THIS. Ok, fine, we have tolerable moments.

He's a lanky damned bastard that drops his guard way too often, ready to be poked in his armpits.
    aah yes, alligators
    ~Extended Signature~

26. - Top - End - #1166
    Ogre in the Playground

;___; Different kinds of birds shouldn't be mixed, it's so dangerous for the smaller bird.

Just because she doesn't like to be petted doesn't make her evil! Many birds don't like being touched by hands! Birds are not dogs! *bobs head wildly, squawking in frustration*
    They weren't kept together. A house cleaner accidentally moved her cage too close to the bed and didn't move it back later, so she managed to hop onto the bed and make it to the other bird's cage on the far side of the room with some precise hops, and then assassinate the cockatiel. Still probably a bad idea to be in the same house, but the cockatiel was a friend's and said friend died and they really didn't want to get rid of her.
    And I'd agree, if the parrot didn't love being touched by every human being except me. She does.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

27. - Top - End - #1167

NecromancerGuy

He's a lanky damned bastard that drops his guard way too often, ready to be poked in his armpits.
    He sounds even more delightful than I remembered.

I don't believe anyone did; I was just voicing my opposition to the notion of it.
    ...And I wanted to show you.... such tenderness... XP
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2013-07-19 at 03:31 PM.
    Homebrew

28. - Top - End - #1168
    Troll in the Playground

Cake-havers! *eyes suspiciously*
    Huh?

*snicker*

Because you're mad at me and want me to suffer for being an eejit? Don't pull out your hair, finnalin! D:

Aww, but Kneenibble will be there! Also, wine. Pools of it, even, no wait, those are fountains, sorry.
    DON'T QUESTION MY RAAGEEEEE *SCRIBBLEESSSSS*

I hate wine.

Oh don't ask her; you won't get a straight answer. Our relationship involves endless making fun of each other.
    If you ever dare to mention vikings you're dead, Randyboy. You're. Dead. Alternatively I'll be dead from falling down horribly.
    aah yes, alligators
    ~Extended Signature~

29. - Top - End - #1169
    Ettin in the Playground

Still not entirely sure what kind of a cake I'll make... Sort of torn between a mud cake and a sachertorte. Has to be something chocolatey.

Wait, ****! Now you're going to eat all that mix! I NEED IT DAMN IT!
    Now you're making me hungry... I suppose I could eat lunch, but it's almost time for dinner...

One day, ONE DAY! One day. Darn it. What was I to say... *mind blanks* Oh, yes! One day I will be knocking at your door, and as you open it I'll be sure to aim for somewhere I won't mention because I don't want you to be prepared to dodge!

That... That sounds nearly enjoyable. You don't deserve that! Come back to the corner, NOW! *drags Amiglob*
    You'll have to find that door first!
    And you'd best be quick; I've got two sisters that like to punch me, and I've gotten pretty good at dodging.

It's also somehow cleaner, and the desktop in this one has UQM, Minecraft and Pinball on it.

I suppose your earned trust is like graphite powder in a keyhole -- even the rustiest-teethed of lies could slip through.

I'm sorry, I don't have control over that. It happens every fifteen minutes no matter where I am tangled.

Aye, she's rather entertaining. Good chilies, too.

Aye, I make up for my inability to lie convincingly by making people believe I never do.
    Then again... I once convinced my stepsister that spiders were a type of frog. She even believed me for about five minutes.

I'm fine with it being tangled in the interim, just... don't leave it like that! It's a pain to undo normally, sans-budgie.

Yon silly birds, liekin' mah hair.

Indeed, it's just too bad for me I prefer irreverent truths.

Oh my~

*evil laugh time here*
    The trick is to convince people you gave them the information they wanted, while not actually telling them anything. It's a great way to get around having a horrible bluff modifier as a character; technically, you're telling the truth, so all they can do is have a hunch that you're acting suspiciously.

Why lie when I can get what I want with the truth, and the truth is also less work?

Don't worry, I'll come back with a new hand and you'll save me from getting electrocuted by an old guy.

That just goes to show how much he wants to nuzzle up into you.

I have to admit, I'm almost jealous, but I'm also glad that I'm not getting plucked bald by a swarm of birds...
    Sure, sure... I bet he's just waiting for his time to strike.

While that may be true, it doesn't mean much as my artistic ability is negligible.

Doesn't matter; I'll be bald by the time I'm 30.

THERE'S NOTHING ENJOYABLE ABOUT THIS. Ok, fine, we have tolerable moments.
    Heheheheheheheh

Error...
    Recalibrating...
    Error. Amidus cannot be accessed at this time. Please try again later.
    Error...
    Transferring...
    A few odds and ends.

30. - Top - End - #1170
    Titan in the Playground

Aw, darn it. I was going to ask for your opinion on muffins!
    Last edited by TaiLiu; 2013-07-19 at 03:50 PM.