New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Orc in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Default Re: The Ultimate Battle

Quote Originally Posted by 137ben View Post
    Yes, arcane lock being just one example (there are probably others I haven't thought of). The catch is, arcane lock is limited by the area of the thing being locked. So all I have to do is use my browser's zoom until the thread has a larger area than can be magically locked!
    What's the upper limit Xykon could possibly reach at his level?

My VERY rough estimate is that this thread is currently around 12 metres long on my display with 500% magnification (limit, at least in Chrome). That might be possible to lock for an epic sorceror, right?

(though we'd have to replace Xykon's revolver with some prep time for this fight)

2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground

Gods protect you, Luna Mayflower.
    "Look at me, I'm Robespierre!"

I think it's time we blow this scene, get everybody and their stuff together...okay, three, two, one, LET'S JAM!

3. - Top - End - #33
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Klear View Post
    What's the upper limit Xykon could possibly reach at his level?

My VERY rough estimate is that this thread is currently around 12 metres long on my display with 500% magnification (limit, at least in Chrome). That might be possible to lock for an epic sorceror, right?

(though we'd have to replace Xykon's revolver with some prep time for this fight)
    Xykon's level is definitely between 21 and 47. Arcane Lock does 30 square feet per level. So if we take the upper bound for Xykon's level, it needs to be 1410 square feet, or roughly 133 square meters. So you said it's 12 meters long? If we can get it as long as it is wide, then the thread is safe. Note, this is only using the absolute upper bound on Xykon's level.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Orc in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Xykon's level is definitely between 21 and 47. Arcane Lock does 30 square feet per level. So if we take the upper bound for Xykon's level, it needs to be 1410 square feet, or roughly 133 square meters. So you said it's 12 meters long? If we can get it as long as it is wide, then the thread is safe. Note, this is only using the absolute upper bound on Xykon's level.
    Hmm... I'm counting 630 ft², or almost 60 m² as the lower limit. This thread is unlikely to get significantly wider, though, unless someone posts a very unreasonably shaped image.

Anyway, standard DPI seems to be 96 pixels per inch, and the width of this thread is 963 pixels (the poster/avatar bar included), which puts it almost exactly at 10 inches. Determining the thread height would be rather difficult, though.

Pseudoedit: Nevermind the difficulties - the height of the first page is roughly 690 times 5,5 when shrinked to 25%, or 15180 pixels, the second page (sans my post and any that may have been posted before I was done with these calculations) roughly 1380. Together that makes 16560, or 172,5 inches = 14.333333 feet. (Incidentally, that's just over 4 metres, so I was way off in my earlier estimation).

Together that gives up paltry 3.58 ft squared, something you could pull off at character level 0.2 =P

Without a dramatic increase in width (which would get the thread locked anyway), it would have to go on for more than 190 more pages to reach size that a level 21 Xykon (lower bound) couldn't lock.

Xykon wins!

My math can be way off... feel free to check my conclusion by any methodology you deem reliable...

5. - Top - End - #35

Hmm... I'm counting 630 ft², or almost 60 m² as the lower limit. This thread is unlikely to get significantly wider, though, unless someone posts a very unreasonably shaped image.

Anyway, standard DPI seems to be 96 pixels per inch, and the width of this thread is 963 pixels (the poster/avatar bar included), which puts it almost exactly at 10 inches. Determining the thread height would be rather difficult, though.

Pseudoedit: Nevermind the difficulties - the height of the first page is roughly 690 times 5,5 when shrinked to 25%, or 15180 pixels, the second page (sans my post and any that may have been posted before I was done with these calculations) roughly 1380. Together that makes 16560, or 172,5 inches = 14.333333 feet. (Incidentally, that's just over 4 metres, so I was way off in my earlier estimation).

Together that gives up paltry 3.58 ft squared, something you could pull off at character level 0.2 =P

Without a dramatic increase in width (which would get the thread locked anyway), it would have to go on for more than 190 more pages to reach size that a level 21 Xykon (lower bound) couldn't lock.

Xykon wins!

My math can be way off... feel free to check my conclusion by any methodology you deem reliable...
    Well, if we zoom in to 500%, that gives us 25 times the area, but that still isn't enough, even if Xykon is only level 21. Yea, I guess Xykon wins

6. - Top - End - #36
    Orc in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

OK, let's give the thread a fighting chance:

(you don't want to click that spoiler)
    Spoiler
    Show
    You REALLY don't want to click that spoiler
    Spoiler
    Show
    OK, I tried to warn you.

The width is now (potentially) a bit wider than something over 50 000 pixels, or 43.3 feet.

Which gives us (Dun dun duhn!!) 619.189 Square Feet - almost good enough to beat the least powerful Xykon possible! We're getting closer, but Xykon still takes this.

7. - Top - End - #37

OK, let's give the thread a fighting chance:

(you don't want to click that spoiler)
    Spoiler
    Show
    You REALLY don't want to click that spoiler
    Spoiler
    Show
    OK, I tried to warn you.

The width is now (potentially) a bit wider than something over 50 000 pixels, or 43.3 feet.

Which gives us (Dun dun duhn!!) 619.189 Square Feet - almost good enough to beat the least powerful Xykon possible! We're getting closer, but Xykon still takes this.
    It didn't work. Let's try this:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ........................................

EDIT: Aww, it just makes it really long. Maybe an image would work?
    Last edited by 137beth; 2013-07-13 at 11:22 AM.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Orc in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

It didn't work. Let's try this:

EDIT: Aww, it just makes it really long. Maybe an image would work?
    Didn't? It works for me, in Chrome and in IE. I uploaded a 10 pixels high and 50 000 pixels long blank image. The same trick could be used to make the thread higher, but it was supposed to give the thread a fighting chance, not to cheat like that...

And we should probably keep it down. I keep looking above me expecting a banhammer to land any second since I've posted it anyway.
    Last edited by Klear; 2013-07-13 at 11:46 AM.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Orc in the Playground

What you're all forgetting is that Arcane Lock needs a different material component than usual when using it to lock a thread. In order to use Arcane Lock to defeat a thread, you need a troll post as a material component. Without the material component, the thread is safe. And even if Xykon obtains the necessary material component, all the thread needs in order to protect itself from being locked is Summon Monster: Permissive Moderator.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Troll in the Playground

Didn't? It works for me, in Chrome and in IE. I uploaded a 10 pixels high and 50 000 pixels long blank image.
    It works here too, in Opera.
    Quote Originally Posted by Honest Tiefling View Post
    Attempting to use Iron Heart Surge can often lead to the player removing the 'not being beaten upside the head' condition.
    avatar by me. Extended sig here.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Troll in the Playground

BEWARE!

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    http://www.mereinetidor.com/images/mereinetidor/planeteBIG2012.jpg
    Last edited by martianmister; 2013-07-13 at 09:04 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #42
    Orc in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Neat map but...

And we should probably keep it down. I keep looking above me expecting a banhammer to land any second since I've posted it anyway.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Troll in the Playground

Neat map but...
    Uh oh...

*runs*
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #44

{Scrubbed}
    Last edited by Roland St. Jude; 2013-07-13 at 11:04 PM.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

[QUOTE=Rakoa;15600821]I'd ask for some of your drugs, but I'm afraid you likely don't have any left.

I still gots some its 5000gp

16. - Top - End - #46
    Banned

And so, the votes are in for V vs Malack vs Xykon:

+Malack uses Harm, his special spell, on V's elephant, instantly slaying the beast
    +V reaches out with shims hairy arms and grabs the 22 rifle, turning it on, who else, but Roy, whom V has grown to hate for casuing shim to sell shims soul. Shim unloads in him, killing him.
    +Malack uses a homebrew spell, dectect Gender, on V (it doesn't require a symbol), but the backlash is so great he dies on the spot, trying to turn into gas.
    +Xykon rocks up, stealing the rifle from V, and turning it on the gas. He uses the magic to change blow to suck, and sucks Malack. Malack, being completely sucked, is gone.
    +V, getting REALLY angry, grabs Roy's sword. In a stupid act of mindlessness, shim scores a crit, straight at Xykon's ribs, instantly slaying him.
    +Haley, angry at Roy's death, throws ginger hairs and V, stealing V's soul and sending shim to hell forever.

K.O. Haley Wins!

Hope you all liked Round 2.

So, here's the rules for Round 3, which doesn't include Xykon.

Round 3:

Haley vs 3.0 ed Durkon, vs Blackwing in a Mech

+The mech is exactly the same as the power loader from the end of Aliens
    +It can also fire coppies of the game Aliens: Colonial Marines at targets
    +Haley's bow is replaced with a +10 Icy Burst (MAX DC) Disjoining Death Bow of Doom
    +Durkon can quicken any spell, and cast every spell in the PHB, including SOR/WIZ spells
    +Durkon can cast Summon Fagin once, and Fagin has a M4A1

As always, leave votes below or PM me, I'm easy.

And, as a side note, nothing can destroy this thread, because I have backing from Oil of Xykon lmt. and Jirix is the best hobo since the charging gobo from pannel 1, strip 1.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Bugbear in the Playground

You had me at Blackwing in a mech. I mean, I didn't even need to read further. Nothing could beat Blackwing in a mech.
    Order of the Stick Avatar done by the talented Kymme.

Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    The Half-Hamster template gives me advantageous size and ability score bonuses, and combos well with my inherited Elderberry Radiance (Ex). Which is more than I can say for you, you class-dipping CL-losing Evoker!
    I was eating THOSE BEANS!!

18. - Top - End - #48
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

That's some hilarious imaginations (*drugs*) ya' got there. Meh. I think Malack would get Xykon with his toe ring attack.
    Who is a sexy shoeless god of war?

Yeah.

19. - Top - End - #49

Quote Originally Posted by Rakoa View Post
    You had me at Blackwing in a mech. I mean, I didn't even need to read further. Nothing could beat Blackwing in a mech.
    Except Haley's +10 Icy Burst (MAX DC) Disjoining Death Bow of Doom!
    I say Haley wins again.

Also,
    Xykon rocks up, stealing the rifle from V, and turning it on the gas. He uses the magic to change blow to suck, and sucks Malack. Malack, being completely sucked, is gone.
    I didn't know rifles were also Poltergheist 3000s...

20. - Top - End - #50
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

You're all doing it wrong. The winner is clear and obvious, whomever Rich decides based upon story considerations.
    Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.- Benjamin Franklin

I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. -Evelyn Beatrice Hall

21. - Top - End - #51
    Banned

This all appears to be perfectly normal for a Versus Thread. Which I hate.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Banned

I didn't know rifles were also Poltergheist 3000s...
    Do you believe in magic? Because he can do anything if he wishes hard enough. In fact, time for a new song.

When you wish upon Xykon's eye, be worried, be scared, because he'll make you cry.
    He hates children, but loves Ghosts. I've seen him with one, it's gross.
    But don't worry, he's a friend after all! Xykon's just a bear, without all the hair.
    So grab a plushie, when rIcH 043 builds one. Come on! Friends! Have fun in the sun!

Redcloak can't breath, now he's a colourin'. Jirix can't leave, now he's markettin;.
    Forget Oil, rez the mystic theurge, because you know, she has the urge,
    to make plushies, oh so grand. Sorry, Belkster, 'bout the sand.
    Kill that sand, like it's 1989. Because that elemental, she's just fine!

Forget your friends, forget your dad. You can all suffer, like Belkars 'nads.
    Who cares for love, you've got Xykon. No need to get your fight on,
    he's not a man, not a gal, so all can love him, even gays y'all.
    Oh Xykon, fill out dreams until doomsday.
    Last edited by Luna_Mayflower; 2013-07-22 at 06:01 PM.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Banned

What I mean to say is, I appreciate that you've constructed a relatively subtle yet scathing critique of the basic concept of pitting two completely different objects/persons/settings/philosophies against eachother solely for vicarious entertainment value, usually under blatantly contrived scenario conditions, victory parameters, and/or assumed motivations. Well done, sir or madam. I salute you.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Carry2 View Post
    What I mean to say is, I appreciate that you've constructed a relatively subtle yet scathing critique of the basic concept of pitting two completely different objects/persons/settings/philosophies against eachother solely for vicarious entertainment value, usually under blatantly contrived scenario conditions, victory parameters, and/or assumed motivations. Well done, sir or madam. I salute you.
    I'm very hungry!

No, I don't want that!

Carry, give me the JAM(s).

25. - Top - End - #55
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Carry2 View Post
    Are you sure that's the point of thread?
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #56
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by martianmister View Post
    Are you sure that's the point of thread?

There tend to be two principle reactions to this sort of thing. (As usual, I'm with Hobbes.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakoa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Luna_Mayflower View Post
    Carry, give me the JAM(s).
    *sighs* Very well. While we're on the subject of aerial stealth dinosaurs, this seems appropriate.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Barbarian in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

But who would win in this battle?

Luna_Mayflower vs. David Argall

28. - Top - End - #58
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DeliaP View Post

Oh, silly you. It's Luna Mayflower, not Luna_Mayflower. Thankfully I don't have an underscore in my real name.

Anyway, who wins between me and Dave. Simple, we don't fight, we just eat marshmallows and watch Redcloak's cooking hour!

"Here we have some RC cola, lol, get it? And some pop rocks. I'm gonna eat them because Xykie said I had to and I have no guts. Well, I won't after this! Ho ho!"
    Last edited by Luna_Mayflower; 2013-07-23 at 09:16 PM.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalflingPirate

Seriously haven't laughed this hard in a long time. Made me feel much better today.
    Last edited by cheesecake; 2013-07-24 at 07:05 AM.

30. - Top - End - #60

Quote Originally Posted by DeliaP View Post

Well Luna wins, but that was too easy, so let's make it more interesting:
    --Luna gets to carry a chewy Varsuvius-pop
    --Luna gets the books that happen to be sitting on my desk right now
    --Although Luna gets a Varsuvius-pop, David gets a CAMEL-pop, which is actually two Varsuvius pops (since V is half camel)
    --David gets three of Belkar's daggers
    --David also gets Haley's +10 Icy Burst (MAX DC) Disjoining Death Bow of Doom
    --Due to the fact that David is actually multiple people (which is the reason he always uses first-person-plural), and a 1 vs. many fight would not be fare, any of Luna's hallucinations also join the fight.
    --Carry2 is split in half (creating two Carry1s) and Carry1 fights against his arch-rival, the other Carry1, in the same arena as Luna and David.
    --Elan's illusions are also fighting against Luna. Elan himself is allied with Luna, but has no spells remaining and broke his rapier when he killed Xykon
    --Anyone who has ever called something in OOTS a dues ex machina fights on Luna's side. Anyone who has ever called something in OOTS filler fights on David's side. People who have used both phrases get cloned.
    --Zimmer1915 is dueling Varsuvius (who is entirely seperate from the 3 Varsuvius-pops mentioned earlier) in the arena next door, but V has not tranced in months and so poorly aimed spells fly into the Luna vs David fight. This gives a small boost to David since he has a higher will save.
    --This thread is fighting against the picture of the cat that cheesecake just posted

Who wins?