New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1482
  1. - Top - End - #1021
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 53

Quote Originally Posted by NatsuGaki View Post
    Hodgepodge Street

Nanami stops for a moment, blinking.

"I don't think we do." She then shrugs, and continues. "I don't think a destination is entirely necessary... We will get wherever we get when we get there. You say you lived in a library? How did that work?"
    HodgePodge Street

Arty shakes his head.
    "I'm not sure that's the best policy, but whatever. Living was an expression. I lived at a dormitory while at school."
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

2. - Top - End - #1022
    Tsuvara
    Guest in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Oddly... there is no such smell. The rocketpacks appear to be fume-free.

"Hello, sir. Can you hear me?" the doctor asks as she leans forward. She speaks clearly and slowly, just in case he has some hearing trouble.
    Lots of Hope Hospital

Cedric blinked some. "Yes... Yeah." He affirmed, his eyes darting around at the fairies, quite confused. After a moment he squeezes his eyes shut and then opens them again and looks back at the doctor. "And... that's good, right?" He asked, since right now nothing was really certain in his mind.

3. - Top - End - #1023
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Abandoned Factory

"Actually, while you were searching around I got a closer read on the orders these beings had and it's as I suspected. These creatures were hardly here to maintain some sort of device, they were here to guard a prisoner and apparently guard it as well. An individual, not a creature is imprisoned in there.." The sorceress explains as she points out the device.

However now that she knows the aura is from an individual, could she perhaps try to get a closer clue of what that individual could be? If it had a magical presence, perhaps she could tell what sort of race it was or anything like that?
    Abandoned Factory

Said aura suggests high mutability (some kind of shapeshifter?) and extraplanar energies from some minor and obscure plane.

Oddly, this minor and obscure plane counts as extraplanar for the nexus directly. I'm sure this has disturbing metaphysical implications, but they don't really impact this situation.
    "Right... can we let them out somehow?" Wenomir asks.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

4. - Top - End - #1024
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lots of Hope Hospital

"Yes, yes it is. How do you feel, sir? Do you feel well?" She takes some notes on her notebook.

5. - Top - End - #1025
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    The girl smiled back up at her.

"It's okay. My name's Erin. What's yours?" she asked.
    [404 Snail Way]
    N'lyzsa. She smiles softly.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

6. - Top - End - #1026
    Bugbear in the Playground

Abandoned Factory

"Probably, it stands to reason however as our culprit included dispel resistance to the prison she wouldn't have made it easy to just bash open either. I think we need to remove the prisoner from the ring." Are the functions of the enchantments connected to physical parts of the prison itself or is it just a magical construct?

7. - Top - End - #1027
    Dwarf in the Playground

Abandoned Factory

The different magical parts are not connected to different parts of the artifact... but at the same time, there is no magical reinforcement effect. Whatever the durability of the artifact is, it is natural. Also, there is magic specifically keeping the prisoner inside the ring.

8. - Top - End - #1028
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    HodgePodge Street

Arty shakes his head.
    "I'm not sure that's the best policy, but whatever. Living was an expression. I lived at a dormitory while at school."
    Hodgepodge Street

"That hasn't always been my policy, but it tends to work in the Nexus." Nanami looks a little disappointed, but only for a split second. "I always thought it would be fun to actually live in a library..."

9. - Top - End - #1029
    Ogre in the Playground

HodgePodge Street

"That would be terrible! Where would you eat? If even a crumb-stain got on a book I would never forgive myself!" says Arty, horrified.

10. - Top - End - #1030
    Tsuvara
    Guest in the Playground

Lots of Hope Hospital

How did he feel? "Well? ... No. Not well. But.. better than I did. I think the vertigo went away. I feel less dizzy." He observed, but frowned. "Of course, I haven't tried getting up yet...." At that thought, though, he realized that he didn't really want to try that yet.

11. - Top - End - #1031
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Hodgepodge Street

Laughing, Nanami randomly spins around for no apparent reason.

"I hadn't thought about that. So you are an avid reader, then?"

12. - Top - End - #1032
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lots of Hope Hospital

The doctor nods and takes notes. "Good, good. Feel free to try if you think you can. Any pain? Any queasiness? any particular weakness?"

13. - Top - End - #1033
    Ogre in the Playground

HodgePodge Street

Arty nods. "You wouldn't get halfway through a centauran university without being one, believe me."
    Oh, my. Arty is either older than he looks or a prodigy. Or maybe they just start school young.

14. - Top - End - #1034
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

[Carousel Court - Peaceful Meadow]

Dawn continues to snore, her wings fluttering slightly in mimicry of what must be a dream about flight. She looks so peaceful...

And the white bunny she's hugging onto and using a pillow looks so pissed off. His little cartoony eyes glaring at the slumbering pegasus with unfathomable loathing.

The forest surrounding the meadow doesn't seem to be thick, and there are a few animal trails passing in and out of the foliage. Getting back to a proper road or otherwise finding a route back to Carousel Court shouldn't be too hard. Assuming they're still near there. Which they should be, since Doctor Zamedi probably didn't drop them off too far from his place. Probably.

Assuming it all wasn't just some crazy dream...
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

15. - Top - End - #1035
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Hodgepodge Street

"You are a university student? I thought you were younger." Nanami is very shocked. She won't show it, but she is. People in her world do not start university until much later in life, prodigy or not.

16. - Top - End - #1036
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Carousel Court - Village Square][/B]

"That sounds nice!" the little filly replies cheerfully. Free sandwiches AND free ice cream? Wherever she just got dumped is really great! All of her previous sadness and vague memories of unpleasant things fall by the wayside and she moves along side the blue mare to follow her.

The sputtering stallion coughs slightly to draw attention to himself. "I'm going to report a new filly without any parents at the town hall. They'll see about finding a home for her."
    Tinsel turns her head to give the stallion a little nod.
    "Go ahead. I'll keep an eye on her until then. I'm sure they'll be able to find us."

Then it's smiles for the filly again.
    "Until then, how about you and I go have ourselves a little dinner."
    Just...sorta...leeeeeeeave before the stallion does something regrettable.
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

17. - Top - End - #1037
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Central Park- Goblin Market

The frost flowers are arranged in an odd selection of tupperware bowls and faded china vases, nearly as varied themselves- There's slender bell shaped blossoms, others that bloom into five-pointed stars, even bristling dandelions and curled lotus flowers.

No price tags to be seen, but a quartet of red eyes fix an upside down stare at Rein, eyes belonging to a small creature hanging from the beam of the tent. "Mmyes? Can I help you?" It's not quite a bat. It has leathery wings and short black fur alright, but there are clawd hands on it's wingtips, it's body and it's legs are nearly human. A sprite, albeit an odd one.

Meanwhile, Arel and Rein's admirers have gotten bolder. Pixies land on the edge of the tent and the branches of the tree nearby, one of them giving Rein a little wave. Goblin ears swivel to listen. An ogre tries to look nonchallant as it leans against the stall, picking it's tombstone teeth with a fingernail. "'sup?"
    [Central Park - Goblin Market]

Arel's eyes tear away from the lotus flower she'd been eying especially to look up at the sprite. She looks at him in dumb wonder for a moment before she gathers herself. "Oh, we're just looking right now." She says, certain that they wouldn't be able to afford such things. They are nice to look at, though.

18. - Top - End - #1038
    Bugbear in the Playground

Black Goat Woods

Oh, dammit. The cultist kicks frantically until his shoe comes off in the zombie's clutching hands but it's not fast enough. As the second zombie lunges in he grabs the branch with both hands, silver knife pinned between his hand and the bludgeon, using it to hold the zombie back.

Which leaves him with one shoe on, a zombie crawling for his feet and another pinning him down. Dammit. With a grunt of exertion he shoves the undead horror aside, leaning up to swat at the second monstrousity with the club. How many hits can one skull take?

The Grand Ol' Opry Cinema

"Uhm..." He leans forward to peer at the rows of colorful posters. The same fascinating detail as the pictures in the newspaper too.. Really must find out who's making all these, find out how it's done.

"That one looks nice." He points to the one with the glowing oriental dragon and the biblical title. It looks much nicer than the one about the edge of the ocean. Geography's a bore, but religion always has some nice battles. "And.. Is there any chance I could see how it's done? How they make the pictures move?"
    the poor fool

Four-Oh-Four Snail Way

"Yeah, orphanages more or less."
    "So... Why don't we check on that room?"
    Seeing as he's out of tea and all. The nice thing about tea is it doesn't involve any talking at all. Or getting involved with uncomfortable problems you're pretty sure you shouldn't be involved in.
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2013-07-23 at 08:17 PM.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

19. - Top - End - #1039
    Ogre in the Playground

Erin smiled and nodded, finishing her tea and following Riley to check out the bedrooms.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

20. - Top - End - #1040
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Central Park- Goblin Market

The frost flowers are arranged in an odd selection of tupperware bowls and faded china vases, nearly as varied themselves- There's slender bell shaped blossoms, others that bloom into five-pointed stars, even bristling dandelions and curled lotus flowers.

No price tags to be seen, but a quartet of red eyes fix an upside down stare at Rein, eyes belonging to a small creature hanging from the beam of the tent. "Mmyes? Can I help you?" It's not quite a bat. It has leathery wings and short black fur alright, but there are clawd hands on it's wingtips, it's body and it's legs are nearly human. A sprite, albeit an odd one.

Meanwhile, Arel and Rein's admirers have gotten bolder. Pixies land on the edge of the tent and the branches of the tree nearby, one of them giving Rein a little wave. Goblin ears swivel to listen. An ogre tries to look nonchallant as it leans against the stall, picking it's tombstone teeth with a fingernail. "'sup?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post

Arel's eyes tear away from the lotus flower she'd been eying especially to look up at the sprite. She looks at him in dumb wonder for a moment before she gathers herself. "Oh, we're just looking right now." She says, certain that they wouldn't be able to afford such things. They are nice to look at, though.

Reinholdt prefers to know the price before making such conclusions.
    He gives a small smile and wave to the pixie, though it may be evident that he's covering up a grimace at the ogre's habits. "Hi."

Directing his attention back at the shopkeep for all that's worth, he asks, "What would you want for one of those?" Rein asks, pointing at one of the frost flowers quite randomly, unfortunately unable to determine Arel's preference from his position.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

21. - Top - End - #1041
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Carousel Court - Village Square]

The smiling filly's smiling doesn't waver.

No, she just trots along with a little spring to her step.

After a hundred feet or so she gets a thoughtful look and turns her innocent gaze up at her mysterious benefactor.

"Umm... miss? What's your name?"

That!

Right there?

Is a very reasonable question to ask.

[Carousel Court - Pub of the Prancing Pony]

Petal gives a firm nod. "Okay! I've got some official party pony business to do. I'll check by later and you get that list for me, okay? We'll make sure all your friends get the send-off that they deserve."

What a helpful mare.

Once she gets a reply she'll bounce away.

[Carousel Court - Peaceful Meadow]

Geneva scoots herself closer to the box.

Eyes it uncertainly.

Then reaches out to grab the thing and open it.

She'll see to Dawn's edible pillow later.

[Black Goat Woods]

Apparently quite a bit of head trauma!

Zombies that can take lots of head trauma are the worst. At least until their skull caves in. Then they aren't so bad.

That two zombies down and one to go! The one to go tries to close its awful massive maw on one of the boy's legs.

[Theater]

...Rebo is drawing a blank on what movie that is. But Sebastian will be given the proper ticket regardless. After he pays of course. Can't get something for nothing after all! Unless you rob someone of course. But then you're paying for it with stab dollars so that's not really getting something for nothing.

"You may after you have viewed your film. Speak with one of the concession attendants for further instructions."
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

22. - Top - End - #1042
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NatsuGaki View Post
    Hodgepodge Street

"You are a university student? I thought you were younger." Nanami is very shocked. She won't show it, but she is. People in her world do not start university until much later in life, prodigy or not.
    HodgePodge Street

"Of course. I'm twenty. That's...sixteen, in human years? We age just a bit slower, you see. And while I am a year or two ahead, it's still not too much of a stretch. The University is a rite of passage. You're not an adult until you have a degree in something. But that's alright. It would have meant nothing here anyway, so no one's the wiser."

23. - Top - End - #1043
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    Erin smiled and nodded, finishing her tea and following Riley to check out the bedrooms.
    [404 Snail Way]
    N'lyzsa stands, clip-clopping after them to see what's to be seen.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

24. - Top - End - #1044
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

HodgePodge Street

"Ah. I see. I had forgotten to take into account the aging rates of different species. It is surprising to me that University is a rite of passage... In my world, only the richest and/or smartest people can attend. University is not an honor." Nanami's eyes seem to be darting everywhere around the street, and very seldom does she actually look at Arty. Perhaps she is looking for something.....

25. - Top - End - #1045
    Ogre in the Playground

Hodgepodge Street

Arty shakes his head.
    "It is truly a terrible place where the common man is unlearned.
    Uh, are you okay?"

26. - Top - End - #1046
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

HodgePodge Street

Still looking around, Nanami shakes her head.

"I'm fine. Just looking for some evidence that the person I followed here has been in this area.
    Everyone in my world is educated to some extent, but not all go to University."

27. - Top - End - #1047
    Ogre in the Playground

Hodgepodge Street

Arty shrugs.
    "Still counts. And uh, can I help?"
    He's only jokingly condescending with that first statement.

28. - Top - End - #1048
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

HodgePodge Street

Nanami misses the condescension entirely.

"I'm not sure if you could help... But if you'd like to try, look out for strands of silver hair, or perhaps people made from paper."

29. - Top - End - #1049
    Tsuvara
    Guest in the Playground

Lots of Hope Hospital

The doctor nods and takes notes. "Good, good. Feel free to try if you think you can. Any pain? Any queasiness? any particular weakness?"
    Lots of Hope Hospital

"I'm not really in pain, but I ache in quite a few places." He told her, shifting a bit to try to find some of those places. "I'm also... hungry. Quite hungry." That reassured him though, because it meant his stomach was empty and didn't have any more time-space gunk in it. Also, that his body was actually working right enough to be aware that it needed sustenance.

30. - Top - End - #1050
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lots of Hope Hospital

"Good. I'll page for something to be brought in." The doctor says. "You'll likely be just fine, and the woman who dropped you off said that she'd be back within the hour. Do you have any allergies we should know about?"

After Cedric answers, the doctor will send for the food. It's good, for hospital food.