New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333449 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #691
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: House of Much Random Banter and Haluesen's Various Wondrous Cookies #197

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    So, last night I had a dream. A dream I was going blind.

The black part of my eye had slowly worn away, and the color part was being worn away and fading too. It was really scary.
    I had a weird dream that I was losing teeth for no reason. It was actually very creepy.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

2. - Top - End - #692
    Banned

Default Re: House of Much Random Banter and Haluesen's Various Wondrous Cookies #197

The black part of my eye had slowly worn away, and the color part was being worn away and fading too. It was really scary.
    Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    I had a weird dream that I was losing teeth for no reason. It was actually very creepy.
    *hugs both* I hate bad dreams like that.

3. - Top - End - #693
    Ettin in the Playground

I dreamed I was being arrested for something near my local Underground station. The police were very sympathetic about it but no-one knew what I had done wrong. >.>

4. - Top - End - #694
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Skeppio View Post
    *hugs both* I hate bad dreams like that.
    It's kind of weird. My dreams tend to go two routes: "kinda disturbing" and "acid trip." They never involve anything relevant or that I've been thinking about much save on rare occasions, and are usually the most random things in existence.
    Except that one with the Pokemon theme song. That was pretty awesome.

5. - Top - End - #695
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by TheWombatOfDoom View Post
    I'm not quite sure what I have, but I supposed I could upgrade.
    Open the Apple menu, and go to "About This Mac".

Mountain Lion is 10.8
    Lion is 10.7
    Snow Leopard is 10.6

If you have Snow Leopard or Lion, the upgrade to Mountain Lion is ~$20 and valid for as many computers as you own/control. It is available in the Mac App Store.

NOTE: OS X 10.9 Mavericks is due out soonish. So an upgrade now may not be wise if it has features you want.

If you have OS X 10.5 Leopard or earlier, you first need to upgrade to OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard using a physical disk upgrade. That upgrade is ~$20 for a single computer (family licenses were available as well, but not sure if they still are or for how much). Then update Snow Leopard to install the Mac App Store, and you can upgrade as above.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

6. - Top - End - #696
    Troll in the Playground

I never remember my dreams. The last time I remember dreaming was roughly 10 years ago.

I used to dream a lot about wandering around in empty cities, or buildings or whatnot. At least, they always looked empty. I remember hearing voices and sounds always just out of reach, or through walls or something. Very eerie.
    Awesome fremetar by wxdruid.

From the discomfort of truth there is only one refuge and that is ignorance. I do not need to be comfortable, and I will not take refuge. I demand to *know*.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zale View Post
    Also, this is the internet. We're all borderline insane for simply being here.
    So I guess I have an internets? | And a trophy. | And a music cookie (whatever that is).

7. - Top - End - #697
    Titan in the Playground

I had a dream that everyone I knew and loved had been brainwashed into thinking I was their cousin.

It was much creepier than it sounds.
    Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

8. - Top - End - #698
    Ettin in the Playground

What are you talking about, cousin Tangible?

9. - Top - End - #699
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    I had a dream that everyone I knew and loved had been brainwashed into thinking I was their cousin.

I can see how that'd be creepy - dreams make anything creepy regardless of whether or not it should be. Is that as in "they thought I was actually cousin Bob" or as in "they knew I was me but thought that we were cousins"?
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

10. - Top - End - #700
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by TaiLiu View Post
    Speaking of nicknames, have we come up with one for you yet? If not, we must create one post-haste!
    Yes I do need a nicknames. I have plenty of RL nicknames, but none for Haluesen yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Taet View Post
    A budgie is what we call a parakeet. Their real name. A short form of their real name.
    Ah thank you. I've actually heard of budgerigar (if that is how you spell it), just not the shortened version/

Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    WHAT!? Amidus getting home at 2am? Sleep? What's that? Nah, let's get on RB!

Which reminds me, before I got to bed I've got to scrape this dried sweat off... >.>

It just takes some practice. Eventually you'll C how to go about making them, and then you'll B good at it.

*nods* Just make sure everyone's got the same idea of what "horror" means. It's easy to go overboard on the stuff.

ION: Show went exceptionally well tonight.

IOON: RE: Things that need attending to

Some time ago (about 4 months, give or take), I promised some things... >.>
    It's far too late for me to go into any kind of detail on what I think of it personally, but I can do that later. It's rough (especially the last track), but I'm satisfied with it. Rafiki insists on charging for the songs (ludicrous, if you ask me); if you want the sound files for free, just shoot me a PM - I'd be happy to oblige.
    Oh Ami, you should not be up so late/early! It isn't good for you!

Heh. Probably eventually.

True true. I should probably do my first horror campaign with my usual RL gaming group. We work very well together, I know how they work, so I don't have to somersault through hoops just to get them invested in a game.

Yay for that!

I would listen to it if I could, but sadly my headphones are busted. Gotta wait a few more days until I get new ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Feytalist View Post
    And you know, right after I posted that, the weirdest heat wave descended on us. And that's the exact time I got sick. So now I'm hot and sick. This sucks most muchly.

Wine! I have wine. I still have a few bottles left from my previous wine-tasting spree.

...and some sparkly, which for some reason I have no recollection of. Huh.
    Ah jeez that sucks. I hope you feel well soon. And hope the heat soon passes for the both of us.

Never really been big on wine, is it good?

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Yeah, I've become a bit fed up with hiding behind masks, so I refuse to show emotions I don't feel myself...

ION:
    I've almost managed to digest my breakfast (honestly, everything esle in my life right now would be so much easier to stomach if my stomach just was a bit more cooperative). A little bit longer, and then to attend to filling my daily phone quota again...
    Well...there've been times when I have wanted to hide my emotions behind the smileys, when I am very depressed and don't want to bother others with it. But lately I have gotten terrible at hiding my emotions, even when I very much know how. It is so weird.

Ah dang I wish you the best, hope you feel better soon. I've had a few stomach issues myself lately, so at least I know how that can suck. Still have no clue what is up, and it's been this way for months. Take pills to settle my stomach usually.

That is scary! Poor Zodiac... *hugs* I hate nightmares.

It's kind of weird. My dreams tend to go two routes: "kinda disturbing" and "acid trip." They never involve anything relevant or that I've been thinking about much save on rare occasions, and are usually the most random things in existence.
    Except that one with the Pokemon theme song. That was pretty awesome.
    ...You had a dream with the Pokemon theme song? Why can't my dreams be like that?

No, I could imagine that being extremely creepy. *shudders*

On this topic, I have not had any dreams for a fair while, but I went through a length of time when I kept having all manner of zombie-related dreams, from the awesome to the eerie to the tragic. I guess the way life is now everyone knows of or thinks of zombies, but I've been terrified of the thought of them since I was about 9. Suffice it to say, most of the dreams weren't awesome, and even the ones that were still had a bit of creepiness to them.

ION: Good morning people! I get to start my next online class today, my third retry at Drawing. It's difficult for me, to say the least. Everyone wish me the best for these next 6 weeks, I just cannot fail this again.
    Spoiler: Sigs about the Internet and Life
    Show
    Yeah... even if it's a fairly friendly place by the internet's standards... it's still the internet. A certain level of pedantic bickering is to be expected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    The forums can't universally agree that the sun will rise in the east. Disagreement is what we do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacior
    If I can get a pet dinosaur, I totally will. My low wisdom means a raptor looks like a great guard dog.

Awesome Holy Knight Haluesen avatar done by the uber skilled Grinner!

11. - Top - End - #701
    Bugbear in the Playground

I have not remembered a dream since the dream of joy a few weeks ago. I woke up at the end of it in the freedom and the white light. That light lasted for days.

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Not converted into HTML5, and I have to keep my Flash player deactivated to not hang Firefox, especially when playing YouTube clips (as the built in automatic recovery for crashing scrips YouTube comes with counters Firefox's automatic non-responsive script termination...
    I had that trouble until I updated Firefox a few months ago. Not the add-ons. Now it stops once for half a minute and then gives the Stop program box. I click Stop and that video crashes and I never again have a problem as long as Firefox is open.

Updating to this Firefox broke a lot of add-ons though so I understand if you don't want to do that. And if someone hears of an XMPP chat client that is updated to work with Firefox 22 please tell me. Chatzilla is only IRC.
    I have found a RL gaming group but I'm willing to meet other GitP people nearby.
    Please send a PM or an email! _______ Tea served in a student cafe in Seattle

12. - Top - End - #702
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Succubus View Post
    What are you talking about, cousin Tangible?
    Cute.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    I can see how that'd be creepy - dreams make anything creepy regardless of whether or not it should be. Is that as in "they thought I was actually cousin Bob" or as in "they knew I was me but thought that we were cousins"?
    Not a single person used my name. My own mother said 'Oh hi cousin!' as I ran past sobbing because I was also being chased by the people who were brainwashing everyone.

My nightmares are few, but they tend be incredibly weird and/or creepy when they happen. I had a recurring nightmare when I was a child that a giant monster made of coal and **** would break into [insert current location here] while really messed up clown music plays, and I would shut my eyes right before it came close enough to kill me.

There was also one really good dream where i got to shoot it ^^

Extended Sig

13. - Top - End - #703
    Ettin in the Playground

My nightmares are few, but they tend be incredibly weird and/or creepy when they happen. I had a recurring nightmare when I was a child that a giant monster made of coal and **** would break into [insert current location here] while really messed up clown music plays, and I would shut my eyes right before it came close enough to kill me.

There was also one really good dream where i got to shoot it ^^
    When I was younger, and got sick, I'd always have dreams where dust would start getting bigger and bigger, first turning to pebbles, then larger and larger until they were boulders and crushed me. *shudders* One time I dreamed that dream, except I was a duck instead of a person.
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

14. - Top - End - #704
    Ettin in the Playground

>.>

Cons of living in a small town: everyone is your cousin. Creepy does not begin to describe it.

Quote Originally Posted by Haluesen View Post
    Oh Ami, you should not be up so late/early! It isn't good for you!

True true. I should probably do my first horror campaign with my usual RL gaming group. We work very well together, I know how they work, so I don't have to somersault through hoops just to get them invested in a game.

Yay for that!
    I bet you'd also disapprove of me waking up at 8:30, too. One can always sleep when they're dead, after all.

*nods* Hrm... speaking of that, I've got to plan something... *pulls out stack of books*

Forsooth.

I would listen to it if I could, but sadly my headphones are busted. Gotta wait a few more days until I get new ones.

Never really been big on wine, is it good?

ION: Good morning people! I get to start my next online class today, my third retry at Drawing. It's difficult for me, to say the least. Everyone wish me the best for these next 6 weeks, I just cannot fail this again.
    Ah, that sucks. Headphones are important things.

Depends on what you like, really. Most of the wines I've had were good. There's too many varieties to judge it on just "wine", though.

Good luck, man. :\
    A few odds and ends.

15. - Top - End - #705
    Ettin in the Playground

Good morning! Good luck! Honestly, I graduated with an art education degree and have had the misfortune of not getting any job remotely related to it. I work security. So, if you want help/practice/drawing sessions with someone, I would love to assist you.

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic

16. - Top - End - #706
    Ogre in the Playground

I think I need a better/faster/more efficient/less expensive way of drinking coffee.
    Long live the Ceikatar!

Here Be Dragons

17. - Top - End - #707
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldRose View Post
    I think I need a better/faster/more efficient/less expensive way of drinking coffee.
    IV drip?
    A few odds and ends.

18. - Top - End - #708
    Ogre in the Playground

A man with bacon will never be wholly evil in my eyes.
    You. I like you.
    You're invited to the next cookathon.

ERRRGH. I get teeth-loss dreams somewhat frequently! They're so annoying!

But last night I had an awesome dream that took place in a post-apocalyptic setting. It was in a desert, and there was a human town built and concealed in the side of a mesa-mountain-thing. (Not mountainous, but not flat enough to be a mesa.)

Because of mutations and whatnot due to the apocalypse, the humans had hippie-magic. They grew their vehicles, which were metallic and organic at the same time, and the food grown in the town could be used as explosive weaponry while near one of these vehicles (it was implied that there was fusion/fission involved). So basically they were organism-machines used as food-based mecha.

There was also a faction of robots who were the most advanced in terms of magic. (Way to break down convention, subconscious. ) They could literally conjure things from midair, when they gathered in sufficient numbers and concentrated. They were also one of the... less intelligent factions. All they did was conjure up tools like knives and ploughs and so on, and travel from settlement to settlement selling the things they conjured on the way. And woe upon anyone who didn't buy anything. They'd try to beat you up if you didn't.

Really the dream made me think of Adventure Time and Fallout mixed with a bit of Dune.

Also I freaking LOVE my subconscious. I think it's about a million times more creative than my conscious self.
    This avatar by Phase.

19. - Top - End - #709
    Ettin in the Playground

How about an IV of caffine?

Edit: Amidus'd!
    Last edited by TheWombatOfDoom; 2013-08-01 at 11:57 AM.

World Building Projects:
    Magic

20. - Top - End - #710
    Ogre in the Playground

IV drip?
    But...that would prevent tasting the coffee. Also needles.
    Long live the Ceikatar!

Here Be Dragons

21. - Top - End - #711
    Titan in the Playground

Another recurring nightmare i have is that my head is trapped inside of something and nobody cares at all that I can't breathe when they do stuff with it.

Extended Sig

22. - Top - End - #712
    Ogre in the Playground

Haluesen I am glad you know about budgerigars. I was prepared to preach the budgie gospel at you pretty hard! *nibble*

Hello Marsupial Eschatologue!

Teddy wait a little more for your present -- I got wrapped up last night making phone calls, Grand Marnier, and working on my Draw Your Friends piece.

This evening is going to be grand, I'm going to get some South African wine (nod to Feytalist), crank Beethoven, and work on arts until bed.

Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    Well, we have decided that if for some odd reason people feel like they must consume alcohol in this household, it's limited to one serving. But, I really don't see anyone drinking that sort of stuff here - my flat is for sophisticated cooking, baking, banter, music and playing Dwarf Fortress.
    Your household sounds like a place I would like to visit. All of these activities are congruent with my ideal lifestyle, even though I play Dwarf Fortress with the grace of a squirrel eating fermented fruit off the ground (and Bach with only slightly more).

However: sipping lovely wine is not incompatible with sophistication! It is not the swills of the drinking classes that flood the mind with crudy vapours -- it ignites a radiant clarity that rises from the heart. I beseech an exception.

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    My two days in the Lake District celebrating a friend's 21st have been pretty neatly rounded out with a ridiculous conversation about a different friend's potentially subsersive cabbage-related activities and ideas.
    I have to tell you, there are some tight young purple cabbages in my garden just starting to get round. Pass the message.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    O! How gay! There is some fluff on that throat that needs nuzzling.

Some time ago (about 4 months, give or take), I promised some things... >.>
    It's far too late for me to go into any kind of detail on what I think of it personally, but I can do that later. It's rough (especially the last track), but I'm satisfied with it. Rafiki insists on charging for the songs (ludicrous, if you ask me); if you want the sound files for free, just shoot me a PM - I'd be happy to oblige.
    You are guitar-man in this music? Are you singing also?

There is an early Black Sabbath sound in this. I dig it, thanks for sharing.

No! No! You musn't! Coffee should be the thing that helps you to stop for at least a few minutes, and breathe, and be! Otherwise it is a mere drug.

Quote Originally Posted by randman22222 View Post
    ERRRGH. I get teeth-loss dreams somewhat frequently! They're so annoying!

But last night I had an awesome dream that took place in a post-apocalyptic setting. It was in a desert, and there was a human town built and concealed in the side of a mesa-mountain-thing. (Not mountainous, but not flat enough to be a mesa.)

Because of mutations and whatnot due to the apocalypse, the humans had hippie-magic. They grew their vehicles, which were metallic and organic at the same time, and the food grown in the town could be used as explosive weaponry while near one of these vehicles (it was implied that there was fusion/fission involved). So basically they were organism-machines used as food-based mecha.

There was also a faction of robots who were the most advanced in terms of magic. (Way to break down convention, subconscious. ) They could literally conjure things from midair, when they gathered in sufficient numbers and concentrated. They were also one of the... less intelligent factions. All they did was conjure up tools like knives and ploughs and so on, and travel from settlement to settlement selling the things they conjured on the way. And woe upon anyone who didn't buy anything. They'd try to beat you up if you didn't.

Really the dream made me think of Adventure Time and Fallout mixed with a bit of Dune.

Also I freaking LOVE my subconscious. I think it's about a million times more creative than my conscious self.
    I am very intrigued by this dream world. Thank you for sharing.

LOOK EVERYBODY
    MY FIRST CARROTS OF THE YEAR
    LOOK AT THEM
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #713
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

I bet you'd also disapprove of me waking up at 8:30, too. One can always sleep when they're dead, after all.

*nods* Hrm... speaking of that, I've got to plan something... *pulls out stack of books*

Ah, that sucks. Headphones are important things.

Depends on what you like, really. Most of the wines I've had were good. There's too many varieties to judge it on just "wine", though.

Good luck, man. :\
    No not as much, considering I always do. I just go to sleep earlier than 2 or 3 or 4 am. I only wish it were so.

Ooh gaming stuff to plan? Or something else?

Very much so but I get new ones tomorrow. ^^

Hmm I guess you're right. I'll just have to try some someday. I'm more partial to vodka and rum.

Thanks, I hope this all works.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWombatOfDoom View Post
    Good morning! Good luck! Honestly, I graduated with an art education degree and have had the misfortune of not getting any job remotely related to it. I work security. So, if you want help/practice/drawing sessions with someone, I would love to assist you.
    Ah that sucks. Don't get to use what you learned. I'm in school for Game Art and Design, this is just one class I have to get through to get to what I really want. And I may just have to take you up on that. I'll keep everyone here posted on how things go. The first week should be no problem. It's later where I worry.

Another recurring nightmare i have is that my head is trapped inside of something and nobody cares at all that I can't breathe when they do stuff with it.
    Dang that is terrible. I'm glad I haven't really had any dreams in a while. At least none that I can remember.

EDIT: Ah hey Kneenibble! You sorta messaged while I was writing. ^^ Yep I know of them, though my knowledge of birds is lacking. *laughs* No nibbling I'm too ticklish! *flees*
    Last edited by Haluesen; 2013-08-01 at 12:34 PM.
    Show
    Yeah... even if it's a fairly friendly place by the internet's standards... it's still the internet. A certain level of pedantic bickering is to be expected.
    The forums can't universally agree that the sun will rise in the east. Disagreement is what we do.
    If I can get a pet dinosaur, I totally will. My low wisdom means a raptor looks like a great guard dog.

24. - Top - End - #714
    Ogre in the Playground

Yes I do need a nicknames. I have plenty of RL nicknames, but none for Haluesen

...You had a dream with the Pokemon theme song? Why can't my dreams be like that?
    Would Hal be too unoriginal?

And yes, I was singing it with Zebes, the pocket dragon in my other avatar who I use as a personal mascot. I can't remember who was playing the guitar, though. Oddly enough, it was the most sensible dream I had had in years and in years since.

25. - Top - End - #715
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    *snip*
    No! No! You musn't! Coffee should be the thing that helps you to stop for at least a few minutes, and breathe, and be! Otherwise it is a mere drug.

*snip*
    Well, yes. That is why I am not willing to have a PICC line placed. I very much still want to enjoy my coffee. I just want it faster/more convenient/free...
    Long live the Ceikatar!

Here Be Dragons

26. - Top - End - #716
    Troll in the Playground

Er... I posted that at 3am, not 4am.
    Yeah, but she's not wrong. After that you went and made some other posts, and then you took a shower. You didn't go to sleep until 4am.
    Bah.

Heheheheh, see, this is one reason why I like VA. The sun rises and sets at a reasonable time, year-round.
    Ha! Ha! My tired brain was correct.

I rather like having long hours during the summer, but the darkness during the winter can be really, really annoying and tough to get through.

Well, he could ask the tenants to pay for it...

A man with bacon will never be wholly evil in my eyes.

Please don't punch me.

Eh. I wasn't planning on ****ing up anyway.
    *shrug* Well, not sure if I'd like to pay for hardwood floors for only 6 to 12 months of living tbh...

Believe me, randman can be very, very eeeevil. He will not put enough bacon to your food and then blackmails you in a horrible manner about something.

*scribbles*

Well, there are things you don't plan and they happen despite it being something that wasn't in your agenda, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Feytalist View Post
    I never remember my dreams. The last time I remember dreaming was roughly 10 years ago.
    I on the other hand remember far too many dreams. Let's switch.

EDIT:

KNEEBS!

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    Your household sounds like a place I would like to visit. All of these activities are congruent with my ideal lifestyle, even though I play Dwarf Fortress with the grace of a squirrel eating fermented fruit off the ground (and Bach with only slightly more).

However: sipping lovely wine is not incompatible with sophistication! It is not the swills of the drinking classes that flood the mind with crudy vapours -- it ignites a radiant clarity that rises from the heart. I beseech an exception.

LOOK EVERYBODY
    MY FIRST CARROTS OF THE YEAR
    LOOK AT THEM
    Spoiler
    Show
    -carrots-
    I am still waiting for you to fly in the window! ;_;

Playing DF is goood. However I have now let go of my sweet Ringsquirts and giving them to randman, although he has to keep up with the chaos I have established. Horrible layout planning, massive orphanage without enough space, and one thing that I forgot to mention... Which is keeping on chopping off wood.

I just really, really dislike wine. Bleuch. I need to rinse that taste off with a good pale ale.

Oh, wonderful! Delightful! Exquisite!
    *falls in trance gnaws carrots* Mmh... would go well with a bit of teddy bear...
    Last edited by FinnLassie; 2013-08-01 at 12:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~

27. - Top - End - #717
    Ettin in the Playground

Hey, Kneen, have you seen Andre yet? He's one of the cutest birds I've seen (more so than most (but not all) of your pictures), despite simultaneously looking a bit zombified. That's what baby birds always look like, I suppose (though I wouldn't know for sure.)
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

28. - Top - End - #718
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Would Hal be too unoriginal?

And yes, I was singing it with Zebes, the pocket dragon in my other avatar who I use as a personal mascot. I can't remember who was playing the guitar, though. Oddly enough, it was the most sensible dream I had had in years and in years since.
    No it is alright, whatever works for each person even! I like having many nicknames.

Ah nice. That awesome theme song! Sounds about as sensible as some of my dreams have been. Sadly the ones that makes the most sense are always nightmares.

Hey Finny!

Can someone tell me more about Dwarf Fortress? I know about it, generally know what it is, but don;t understand how it is played or how anyone can understand all the symbols that make it up.
    Show

29. - Top - End - #719
    Ogre in the Playground

No it is alright, whatever works for each person even! I like having many nicknames.

Ah nice. That awesome theme song! Sounds about as sensible as some of my dreams have been. Sadly the ones that makes the most sense are always nightmares.

Hey Finny!

Can someone tell me more about Dwarf Fortress? I know about it, generally know what it is, but don;t understand how it is played or how anyone can understand all the symbols that make it up.
    DWARF FORTRESS.

Okay. First of all, you start off with the wiki's quickstart tutorial. It'll get you on track. You can also download DwarfHack, which contains a visualiser that you can use as a crutch to understanding the ASCII symbology. It WILL become a burden later on though. Any other specific questions?
    This avatar by Phase.

30. - Top - End - #720
    Troll in the Playground

Hey Finny!

Hiya, Hal!

It's the best game ever. Losing is Fun!

I suggest you'd find your way to the Dorf Fort wiki, it has all the info you need. Super helpful, although not helpful to me really since I honestly need someone to walk me through things hand in hand. Maybe someone smarter could elaborate more? I'm really bad at this...
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~