New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 21363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 1498
  1. - Top - End - #1351
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Minecraft Thread XI: Jeb startled the Witch!

I knew about it, but I didn't actually realize that's what it was doing until just recently.

2. - Top - End - #1352
    Firbolg in the Playground

I finally found a mushroom island! Actually, three islands, but one big one and two tiny ones.

I've been looking for one since they first got added to the game.
    Last edited by Admiral Squish; 2013-08-23 at 04:49 PM.
    My Homebrew
    Five-time champion of the GITP monster competition!

Current Projects:
    Crossroads: the New World: A pathfinder campaign setting about an alternate history of North America, where five empire collide in a magical land full of potential. On the road to publication!

Epic Avatar and Sigitar by AlterForm
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #1353
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Squish View Post
    I finally found a mushroom island! Actually, three islands, but one big one and two tiny ones.

I've been looking for one since they first got added to the game.
    They are hellish to find aren't they?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarZero View Post
    I like the "hobo" in there.
    "Hey, you just got 10000gp! You going to buy a fully staffed mansion or something?"
    "Nah, I'll upgrade my +2 sword to a +3 sword and sleep in my cloak."

Non est salvatori salvator, neque defensori dominus, nec pater nec mater, nihil supernum.

Torumekian knight Avatar by Licoot.

Note to self: Never get involved in an ethics thread again...Especially if I'm defending the empire.

4. - Top - End - #1354

Quote Originally Posted by druid91 View Post
    They are hellish to find aren't they?
    Now I'm not sure what to do with it, now that I found one.
    My Homebrew
    Five-time champion of the GITP monster competition!

Current Projects:
    Crossroads: the New World: A pathfinder campaign setting about an alternate history of North America, where five empire collide in a magical land full of potential. On the road to publication!

Epic Avatar and Sigitar by AlterForm
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #1355
    Ogre in the Playground

If potions were more powerful or expensive, mushroom islands might be somewhat useful to make making fermented spider eyes easier due to brown mushrooms growing on mycelium easily, but it's easy enough to farm mushrooms in a dark room, and you don't really use that many corrupted potions. And once you had one mycelium block you could just use it to make more, so the islands would still be mostly useless.

I do like mushroom island biomes when I make Mystcraft ages for mining in. Not having to bother with lighting things up makes things easier.

6. - Top - End - #1356
    Troll in the Playground

The big creative thing to do with mushroom islands is to take advantage of the lack of hostile mobs and build things that can take advantage of being dark and spooky. The other thing to do is to dig around under it and see if you have any mineshafts, it'll be the easiest mine you'll ever traverse through. (Note that they will still contain cave spider spawners and thus cave spiders will spawn, but those and runoff from dungeon mobs are the only hostile mobs that will run up to you. Well, I guess Stronghold silverfish could still spawn, but the amount of numbers that need to line up to do that is kinda silly.)
    "Okay, so I'm going to quick draw and dual wield these one-pound caltrops as improvised weapons..."
    ---
    "Oh, hey, look! Blue Eyes Black Lotus!" "Wait what, do you sacrifice a mana to the... Does it like, summon a... What would that card even do!?" "Oh, it's got a four-energy attack. Completely unviable in actual play, so don't worry about it."

7. - Top - End - #1357
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Roy View Post
    Potions are cool, but very few people make them because you never need to.
    Agreed. Practically speaking, the only potions I use are fire resistance and night vision potions for wither skeleton hunting, and really, those are just convenience more than anything else. When I was trying to fill up my witch soul shard I occasionally used the healing potions they dropped, but most of them ended up being used in Thaumic Tinkerer research. If they stacked, potions might be useful to have around, but as is they just take up too much space for what they do.

I had been toying with an idea for a device to resupply myself at a distance using Thaumcraft stuff, and if I had built it I might've ended up making it capable of sending potions to me, but after making a proof-of-concept version I decided that the whole idea was too complex and expensive for negligible benefit.

8. - Top - End - #1358
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NecroRebel View Post
    I had been toying with an idea for a device to resupply myself at a distance using Thaumcraft stuff, and if I had built it I might've ended up making it capable of sending potions to me, but after making a proof-of-concept version I decided that the whole idea was too complex and expensive for negligible benefit.
    I know you can set Forestry's backpacks to give you an item they store if you use the last of that item, you'd just want to configure the Adventurer's Backpack to hold potions for you. You shift-right-click until the backpack has a yellow arrow pointing down to do that.
    "Okay, so I'm going to quick draw and dual wield these one-pound caltrops as improvised weapons..."
    ---
    "Oh, hey, look! Blue Eyes Black Lotus!" "Wait what, do you sacrifice a mana to the... Does it like, summon a... What would that card even do!?" "Oh, it's got a four-energy attack. Completely unviable in actual play, so don't worry about it."

9. - Top - End - #1359
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by OracleofWuffing View Post
    I know you can set Forestry's backpacks to give you an item they store if you use the last of that item, you'd just want to configure the Adventurer's Backpack to hold potions for you. You shift-right-click until the backpack has a yellow arrow pointing down to do that.
    That wouldn't be anywhere in the same league as what I had been designing, which would've been able to send me any variety of supplies I had built it to, and it would've been able to store multiple double chests full of each of those supplies (and even, for some, draw from farms for functionally limitless quantities).

It's mildly off-topic, so I'll put it in spoilers, but here's a reasonably brief description of the thing if you're interested.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I had intended the device in question to be able to hold multiple double chests of important supplies, like food, charcoal, wood, and iron, and probably also string and arrows. It would also have served as a (practically infinite) loot storage system, since one of the lynchpins of the remote resupply device was a Magical Hand Mirror which seems intended for sending loot back to your home base. I could've easily configured it to send potions, but I actually hadn't planned to.

The idea for the device was to have items sent through the Magical Hand Mirror be collected by a hopper chain (inside chunks with chunk loaders) which sent them into an item sorter system and then storage, but one particular item would go past a RS comparator, which would toggle a flip-flop. This would then redirect the hopper chain into a different system, where certain other items would be sorted out and sent past more RS comparator detectors. Each of these detectors would then cause another set of hoppers to send a specific number of a particular type of item into a dropper, where they would be spit out into a Magic Mirror, whose twin I would have been carrying with me and would have placed in preparation for resupply.

I successfully designed a way to redirect a hopper chain, a way to make a particular item toggle a flip-flop, and a way to make a set of hoppers give out a specific number of items, and I knew how to make hopper/comparator-based item sorters, which meant that I had all the pieces I needed to build the device and could've made it work. The problem is that I just never care to go mining or caving for so long that I can't just carry enough supplies with me, so making hundreds of hoppers to let me cave longer just wasn't really worth it. I had mostly intended it to be an aid to perfecting a witch farm, but then I finished getting my witch soul shard to tier 5 and perfecting the vanilla witch farm became a waste of time.

10. - Top - End - #1360
    Titan in the Playground

i've used the rarity of mushroom biomes to my advantage a couple of times in pvp-orientated multiplayer servers, built my bases underneath them and with one exeption in wich someone found an addmitedly exposed skeleton spawner, i never got found.
    Last edited by Draconi Redfir; 2013-08-24 at 01:51 AM.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #1361
    Troll in the Playground

It's mildly off-topic, so I'll put it in spoilers, but here's a reasonably brief description of the thing if you're interested.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I had intended the device in question to be able to hold multiple double chests of important supplies, like food, charcoal, wood, and iron, and probably also string and arrows. It would also have served as a (practically infinite) loot storage system, since one of the lynchpins of the remote resupply device was a Magical Hand Mirror which seems intended for sending loot back to your home base. I could've easily configured it to send potions, but I actually hadn't planned to.

The idea for the device was to have items sent through the Magical Hand Mirror be collected by a hopper chain (inside chunks with chunk loaders) which sent them into an item sorter system and then storage, but one particular item would go past a RS comparator, which would toggle a flip-flop. This would then redirect the hopper chain into a different system, where certain other items would be sorted out and sent past more RS comparator detectors. Each of these detectors would then cause another set of hoppers to send a specific number of a particular type of item into a dropper, where they would be spit out into a Magic Mirror, whose twin I would have been carrying with me and would have placed in preparation for resupply.

I successfully designed a way to redirect a hopper chain, a way to make a particular item toggle a flip-flop, and a way to make a set of hoppers give out a specific number of items, and I knew how to make hopper/comparator-based item sorters, which meant that I had all the pieces I needed to build the device and could've made it work. The problem is that I just never care to go mining or caving for so long that I can't just carry enough supplies with me, so making hundreds of hoppers to let me cave longer just wasn't really worth it. I had mostly intended it to be an aid to perfecting a witch farm, but then I finished getting my witch soul shard to tier 5 and perfecting the vanilla witch farm became a waste of time.
    My lazy way of tackling that idea (well, it adds more mods):
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hook an EnderStorage Enderchest up to an Applied Energistics network via ME Precision Import Bus, and link the Enderchest to an Ender Pouch. Any item you put in that pouch is now imported directly to your AE Network. Now, hook up a second, different Enderchest via ME Export Bus, and link that one to a pouch, too. Configure the Export Bus to export the kind of item you want on demand, and make sure your second Enderchest has at least one of each item in it. (I'm a bit uncertain at this part, in order to keep the ender chest filled with a stack of each item without the network trying to put more of an item that's already in the chest, you might need to bite the bullet and build multiple export busses.) As long as your network has those items, it'll try to barf them out into your enderchest, which you can access anywhere in your ender pouch.

Same idea, just basically using a ME Network to replace the redstone setup, and EnderStorage instead of the Mirror. I never could figure out how to enjoy Thaumcraft.
    Last edited by OracleofWuffing; 2013-08-24 at 01:57 AM.
    ---

12. - Top - End - #1362
    Ogre in the Playground

My lazy way of tackling that idea (well, it adds more mods):
    I likely won't ever install Applied Energistics or similar electrical or industrial mods, since I feel they're out of place in Minecraft's world. Doing stuff with a magical flavor is more appropriate, IMO, which is why I like Thaumcraft - it adds a lot of cool and useful items. It does require a tremendous amount of preparation to get into, though, even if you add it to a mature world, due to all the research, so I can see why it wouldn't appeal to everyone.

13. - Top - End - #1363
    Ettin in the Playground

I just spawned 2 ponies instead. Still can't find horse saddle or name tag (Sorry, if I plan to make Pony names).
    Badly drawn helmet avatar drawn by me.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miko Miyazaki, Thanh, Durkon- Order of the Stick
    Krunch- Looking For Group
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Soap Mactavish- Modern Warfare 3
    Sandman- Modern Warfare 3
    Ghost and Roach- Modern Warfare 2
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Carmine Brothers- Gears of War series
    Uriel Septim VII- Elderscrolls Oblivion
    Commander Shepherd- Mass Effect 3
    Ned Stark- Song of Ice and Fire
    Apple Jack's parents

14. - Top - End - #1364
    Bugbear in the Playground

If potions were more powerful or expensive,
    Yeah, I have this problem too. Personally, I'd like if potions would be stackable (That'd be AMAZING) and if they could be thrown farther. Or if there was something to fire them out of. Otherwise, the only useful ones are fire resistance and night vision, while the others are for mapmakers and pvp.
    Sometimes, I have strong opinions on seemingly inconsequential matters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crisis21 View Post
    Phhase he played four
    He played nick nack on my door
    With a nick nack paddy whack
    Give a dog a bone
    Phhase came rolling home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ventruenox View Post
    You found a way to backstab... with a ballista...

I want to play at your table.
    Spoiler: How to have a Good Idea
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Buy a lava lamp, it more than doubles the rate of good ideas :p
    Better yet, buy this lava lamp.

15. - Top - End - #1365
    Titan in the Playground

Potions of Healing still provide good burst healing, particularly splash potions. And in UHC, it's the ONLY method of healing, until you get a regen beacon.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Underlord View Post
    All hail great Shneekeythulhu! Ia Ia Shneeky fthagn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quite possibly, the best rebuttal I have ever witnessed.
    Joker Bard - the DM's solution to the Batman Wizard.
    Takahashi no Onisan - The scariest Samurai alive
    Incarnum and YOU: a reference guide
    Soulmelds, by class and slot: Another Incarnum reference
    Multiclassing for Newbies: A reference guide for the rest of us

My homebrew world in progress: Falcora

16. - Top - End - #1366
    Ettin in the Playground

My new pony.
    On the subject, poison splash potion is least expensive offensive grenade you can get.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Apple Jack's parents

17. - Top - End - #1367
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by t209 View Post

My new pony.
    On the subject, poison splash potion is least expensive offensive grenade you can get.
    Damage splash potions generally are more effective when you can spam them.

Also, does anyone else want to see a Lance weapon?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Underlord View Post
    All hail great Shneekeythulhu! Ia Ia Shneeky fthagn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quite possibly, the best rebuttal I have ever witnessed.
    Joker Bard - the DM's solution to the Batman Wizard.
    Takahashi no Onisan - The scariest Samurai alive
    Incarnum and YOU: a reference guide
    Soulmelds, by class and slot: Another Incarnum reference
    Multiclassing for Newbies: A reference guide for the rest of us

My homebrew world in progress: Falcora

18. - Top - End - #1368
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ShneekeyTheLost View Post
    Damage splash potions generally are more effective when you can spam them.

Also, does anyone else want to see a Lance weapon?
    That would be so Awesome!!!

One thing I will say with horses is that it would be nice if you could look somewhere other than dead ahead while riding them.
    Long-form Sig

19. - Top - End - #1369
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Astral Avenger View Post
    That would be so Awesome!!!

One thing I will say with horses is that it would be nice if you could look somewhere other than dead ahead while riding them.
    How about fighting them in Horse Archery? Plus it need
    - charge bonus (knock back) on mobs.
    - Mobs can be damaged by horse charge or stomp.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Apple Jack's parents

20. - Top - End - #1370

Haven't found a horse yet but I found some barding. The code for chest spawn in mineshafts must have changed ~ I found 16 chests in this one all in minecarts. You'd be hard pressed to find 5 in a old mineshaft.
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

21. - Top - End - #1371
    Titan in the Playground

If you're using Thaumcraft, you should definitely also check out Thaumic Tinkerer which adds more doo-dads for research. It also fills the gap between the Adept Wand and Wand of the Thaumaturge.

22. - Top - End - #1372
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Triaxx View Post
    If you're using Thaumcraft, you should definitely also check out Thaumic Tinkerer which adds more doo-dads for research. It also fills the gap between the Adept Wand and Wand of the Thaumaturge.
    I do use Tinkerer, though I don't really use much from it. Mostly just the arcane transmuter, which makes growing aura nodes vastly easier and means I don't have to mine for more shards. 4 normal saplings plus some praecantatio lets me duplicate a silverwood sapling, while glass bottles from witches turn into glass phials and spare vitreus, which combines with praecantatio to form vis or dull shards.

The tool dynamism tablet does open up a lot of possibilities for automatic farming that wouldn't otherwise work (I think I have a design for a full-auto tree farm using them), but I haven't actually made any yet due to not having a place for it in my current house and not having gotten to that point in my new house.

23. - Top - End - #1373
    Troll in the Playground

I do use Tinkerer, though I don't really use much from it. Mostly just the arcane transmuter, which makes growing aura nodes vastly easier and means I don't have to mine for more shards. 4 normal saplings plus some praecantatio lets me duplicate a silverwood sapling, while glass bottles from witches turn into glass phials and spare vitreus, which combines with praecantatio to form vis or dull shards.
    *Googles*

Welp, I finally have something for which to use my Thaumplace.

TESSERACTS FOR THE TESSERACT GOD!

*Realization*

URANIUM FOR THE NIGHTTIME SOLAR PANEL GOD!
    Last edited by OracleofWuffing; 2013-08-26 at 02:58 PM.
    ---

24. - Top - End - #1374
    Ogre in the Playground

*Googles*

Welp, I finally have something for which to use my Thaumplace.

TESSERACTS FOR THE TESSERACT GOD!

*Realization*

URANIUM FOR THE NIGHTTIME SOLAR PANEL GOD!
    Depending on what aspects tesseracts and uranium have, they might be difficult or impossible to actually make. You can't dupe sticks with the transmuter, for instance, because they've got no aspects, and it costs 4x the number of aspects to dupe something.

Though looking at the FTB wiki suggests that refined uranium has only 6 metallum, 6 potentia, and 4 venenum, so you could manufacture it from iron nuggets, cocoa beans or redstone, and spider eyes, making it reasonably cheap... 24 iron nuggets + 12 cocoa beans + 8 spider eyes in a crucible would dupe a refined uranium and leave 12 herba, 16 bestiola, and 16 visum aspects in your arcane alembics.

Tesseracts aren't on that list, presumably because they're finished products that no one in their right mind would use as an aspect source, so I can't tell what they've got. You might want to see about duplicating the raw materials instead of the tesseracts directly - that's what I do with crystal clusters and capacitors, because I calculated the aspect and vis costs and found that duping shards was cheaper.

25. - Top - End - #1375
    Titan in the Playground

So I've discovered something annoying. Logistics Pipes, the one in Unleashed, does not like Railcraft. In particular steam boilers and steam ovens. I've got 2x2x3 solid steam boiler powering my base, and I tried setting up a small LP network to pull charcoal and keep the boiler going. And BC pipes don't stop filling so they spill, or they only fuel when it's almost empty.

Fortunately AE works fine, but it's kind of annoying. I set up one to run my MFR Tree farm continually on Biofuel. (One engine seems more than enough.)

26. - Top - End - #1376
    Troll in the Playground

Depending on what aspects tesseracts and uranium have, they might be difficult or impossible to actually make. You can't dupe sticks with the transmuter, for instance, because they've got no aspects, and it costs 4x the number of aspects to dupe something.
    Drifting solidly back to mod territory, so might as well go back to spoilers.
    Spoiler
    Show
    You're right on Refined Uranium, of note is that Uranium Ore also has the same aspects, so if one had Gregtech installed, that route would even double one's Uranium. The big problem is, the Ultimate Hybrid Solar Panel, which is the endgoal to work with, requires a stack of uranium and other miscellaneous resources that are trivial compared to that stack of uranium (assuming recipes are on easy mode). It also has aspects of 372 Candles, 183 Ingots, 169 Fish Lightning Bolts, 98 Poisons, and 110 Eyeballs. While it's clearly cheaper to make the Uranium and craft as normal, the annoyance of going through the four/five recipes to craft that might actually encourage me to get four times all of that and make it from scratch. The somewhat better, somewhat worse, alternative, the HV Solar Array, doesn't have aspects, though.

The video I saw on how the Transmutator worked actually demonstrated it by crafting full-powered Redstone Energy Cells, so Tesseracts immediately came to mind. The Unattuned Tesseract doesn't have aspects, but the Energy Tesseract is 2 Gears, 20 Ingots, 3 Arrows, 2 Fish Lightning Bolts, and 3 Black Holes. Item Tesseracts trade the Black Holes for 5 Crystals, Liquid Tesseracts add 5 Ingots (though Ender Tanks also have aspects and I understand they're faster than Liquid Tesseracts). Tesseract Frames, on the other hand, are 3 Goblets, 10 Ingots, 3 Tears, and 13 Crystals, then you need like four ender pearls to make it an Unattuned Tesseract. Strangely enough, one of the main ingredients of Tesseract Frames, Hardened Glass, does not have aspects, nor does the Pulverized Obsidian which is required to make Hardened Glass, so you'd have to go all the way back to making raw obsidian and lead. If I recall correctly, the materials break down to 4 pulverized obsidian, 2 lead ingots, 1 diamond, 4 tin, and 4 ender pearls to make one tesseract.

Well, and the energy and machines to put all of those materials together, but if one has the Arcane Transmutator, it shouldn't be too hard to get those. Sadly, I can't locate the Transmutator in my book, and I thought I had all the research done. Is there anything special I need to do to find it?
    Last edited by OracleofWuffing; 2013-08-26 at 11:20 PM. Reason: And tin! Forgot the tin!
    ---

27. - Top - End - #1377
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    So... 372 lux (the candle) - torches have 1 lux each and no other aspect, making them a very good source. 183 metallum (the ingot) - iron nuggets have 1 each - iron ingots have 8, so turning ingots to nuggets is better - and again are a pure source. 169 potentia (the lightning clenched in a fist) - cocoa beans have 2 and 1 herba (leaves), so they're the source with the least wasted aspects and/or aura pollution, though redstone dust with 2 potentia and 2 machina (gears) may be easier to get. 98 venenum (the poison bottle) - a rare aspect, only spider eyes and poisonous potatoes in vanilla AFAIK, but spider eyes are easier to get and have 2 each. And 110 visum (the eye) - several things have it, including carrots, glowstone dust, and glowstone powder, but so do spider eyes, so if you're using the eyes for venenum anyway they're probably best, with 2 each.

Yeah, that's going to be outright impossible to duplicate - each aspect has to come from exactly one place, so you can't draw lux from multiple crucibles, and a crucible overflows and loses excess stored aspects if you try to stock more than ~500 at any one time, and you need more than 500 lux, metallum, and potentia. You'll have to do raw materials and then combine them normally rather than just duping the finished product. You might be able to skip a few steps, though.

The tesseracts should be doable, though. The arrows aspect, telum, is found in most weapons and cacti, but the best source is arrows, where it is found pure, 1 telum per arrow. The black hole aspect, vacuous, is found pure in bowls, 1 vacuous per bowl. Crystals are vitreus, found pure in glass and glass panes (panes are more efficient - 2 vitreus per glass block, 6 glass blocks per 16 panes, and 1 vitreus per pane). Goblets are carus, found in lapis lazuli and gold ingots (though not nuggets). The water droplet is aqua, best found in sugar cane, sugar, and paper.

I don't think the transmutator is a fragment-only research. It isn't visible initially, though - you'll just have to try to research things until you get it. It's towards the bottom left off of Basic Aura Manipulation (the rotating starburst-shaped crystal one). I think the main things to try researching are praecantatio (the wand) and mutatio (the purple 5-pointed star thing) - try some magic tallow or thaumium and some nether wart.

Edit: Yeah, a crucible can hold exactly 500 aspects before it overflows and loses any extras. As such, anything that has more than 125 of any one aspect is impossible to duplicate.
    Last edited by NecroRebel; 2013-08-27 at 01:08 AM.

28. - Top - End - #1378
    Troll in the Playground

More Thaumcraft/Advanced Solars/Thermal Expansion thinking.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, that's going to be outright impossible to duplicate - each aspect has to come from exactly one place, so you can't draw lux from multiple crucibles, and a crucible overflows and loses excess stored aspects if you try to stock more than ~500 at any one time, and you need more than 500 lux, metallum, and potentia. You'll have to do raw materials and then combine them normally rather than just duping the finished product. You might be able to skip a few steps, though.
    Didn't know about the 500 thing limit there. But looking at the numbers, the next solar panel down (Hybrid Solar Panel) uses 37 candle, 18 ingot, 17 fishbolts, 10 poisons, and 11 eyeballs, so those should work. And you combine 8 of those with an Advanced Circuit to make an Ultimate Hybrid Solar Panel, so... Look ma, no Uranium or Iridium!

I formerly owned a four-spawner cave spider trap, which was used to produce many a tier 5 soul shard and Canvas Bag, so spider eyes are one thing I have plenty of.

The water droplet is aqua, best found in sugar cane, sugar, and paper.
    My bad, I meant to say Fancy Teardrop. Uh, the Purity one. Purus? I'm horrible with fantasy-esque names, that's why I come up with horrible nicknames instead. Think I've been getting them from Diamonds and getting liquids out of my alembics for that one.

I don't think the transmutator is a fragment-only research. It isn't visible initially, though - you'll just have to try to research things until you get it. It's towards the bottom left off of Basic Aura Manipulation (the rotating starburst-shaped crystal one). I think the main things to try researching are praecantatio (the wand) and mutatio (the purple 5-pointed star thing) - try some magic tallow or thaumium and some nether wart.
    Yeah, all I have south or leftwards of Basic Aura Manipulation are the Crystal Capacitor and the two Thaumostatic Magnetizers. Guess I'll have to throw more stuff down the research thingy.

E: Just burned through 10 stacks of slimeballs on thorough, not even a hint. Hm.
    Last edited by OracleofWuffing; 2013-08-27 at 02:33 AM. Reason: Fixing tags.
    ---

29. - Top - End - #1379
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Didn't know about the 500 thing limit there. But looking at the numbers, the next solar panel down (Hybrid Solar Panel) uses 37 candle, 18 ingot, 17 fishbolts, 10 poisons, and 11 eyeballs, so those should work. And you combine 8 of those with an Advanced Circuit to make an Ultimate Hybrid Solar Panel, so... Look ma, no Uranium or Iridium!

I formerly owned a four-spawner cave spider trap, which was used to produce many a tier 5 soul shard and Canvas Bag, so spider eyes are one thing I have plenty of.
    I mostly get my spider eyes from my witch soul shard, as IIRC spiders don't drop them unless you kill them personally. But if you have a lot of spider eyes anyway, that isn't likely a problem for you. Being able to skip straight to the direct precursor to your target item is better than needing the rawest of raw materials, though.

My bad, I meant to say Fancy Teardrop. Uh, the Purity one. Purus? I'm horrible with fantasy-esque names, that's why I come up with horrible nicknames instead. Think I've been getting them from Diamonds and getting liquids out of my alembics for that one.
    All of the aspect names are Latin translations of their effects, so not really "fantasy-esque"

Purus is probably best gotten from silverwood logs or leaves, though I don't really like using shears on silverwood leaves as I like to get as many chances of the saplings as possible. You can also use nether quartz.

Edit: Actually, I just remembered that there was an option in the Tinkerer config file to completely disable it, since it's more than a little overpowered when used with other mods that don't have manually-added aspects to their items. If you're using a modpack, it might have be disabled by default.
    Last edited by NecroRebel; 2013-08-27 at 11:50 AM.

30. - Top - End - #1380
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

DrowGirl

Why spoilers for mod content? Surely then those that don't want to read vanilla content could then demand spoilers for those as well.
    "I'm just going on motive and opportunity here and the fact that if the earth got swallowed by a black hole, I'd look suspiciously in your direction first."
    ~ Timberwolf

"I blame Castaras. You know... In general."
    ~ KuReshtin

"Castaras - An absolutely adorable facade that hides a truly ruthless streak."
    ~ The Succubus