New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Outside XXXVII

Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    Thryza is happy to walk with her for that time; upon seeing a station, she gets a little excited and a little tense.
    "I still have plenty of money from my home, so we should be able to get a couple of tickets," Hildur says, as the two of them enter the station. This one is one the countryside, and isn't as bustling as a station closer to a city.

2. - Top - End - #422
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    Sweden
    "I still have plenty of money from my home, so we should be able to get a couple of tickets," Hildur says, as the two of them enter the station. This one is one the countryside, and isn't as bustling as a station closer to a city.
    Thryza nods, looking around in interest as they go in. Alright... I'mma be quiet now for a while at least, okay?
    She glances nervously at her gloved metal hand.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

3. - Top - End - #423
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by GrandDM View Post
    [A Few Miles From Inside]

"Even I don't know. It has been many years since I was last there."
    Leo does not like the idea of venturing into the unknown, especially considering what has been told so far, but he sees no way around it at the moment. "Well," he says after a moment, "I guess we'll just have to improvise...I don't like it, but as long as we move slowly and keep our wits about us, we'll be that much more likely to succeed. Now then, where is this mountain...?"

4. - Top - End - #424
    Ogre in the Playground

TotLI

Krayger pulls his axe away from the skeleton's blade as the weapons clang together, spinning away from the other's blow and retaliating with a diagonal slice.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

5. - Top - End - #425
    Firbolg in the Playground

Clouded Void- Chariot

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    "Everything alive in this layer of the Abyss has to fly, or otherwise be able to survive with no ground. Poisonous gas is an aspect of Air, and therefore falls under Pazuzu's purview. But things have been leaking through the Nexus into the Abyss, things like us and Pokemon." If it's something that I am familiar with, and fits one of the Demon Lords, it will leak through and find itself in service to that particular Abyssal Master. But that's mostly obvious only with Pazuzu and Dalachrech.

"Well, they'd make it harder for us to blow the chlorine away from our town. Especially the elementals; they can produce winds of their own, and enjoy killing things. But soon we're going to be really important to Pazuzu's industrialisation efforts, so He should deflect the worst of it away." Because of the factory He's hired Atorre to build.
    "That comes with being the sky...though doesn't it go on forever down? If you could at least glide or control your fall... it wouldn't be a good way to be, but it would be something." Something strikes him then. "What controls how gravity works here? It seems to be divided into planes, not radiated as a field. And I know; I did notice that you and the natu and the whale-creature were all avians."

"Right. Is it all ponies like yourselves at the town?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

6. - Top - End - #426
    Orc in the Playground

Tomb of the Lost Innocent

Guile finds himself the target of another arrow, though he's taken out two of the archer skeletons.

Krayger dispatches another skeleton, but whilst he does so, the third melee skeleton is swinging its sword at the minotaur's head.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

7. - Top - End - #427
    Dwarf in the Playground

[ToTLI]

Once again, it punches through him leaving a hole but not having much effect. He leaps for the third skeleton.
    Doctor Harald avatar by MethosH

Nexus

CHB
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #428
    Ogre in the Playground

ToTLI

Krayger ducks backwards to dodge, which requires a lot more bending when you have a muzzle. He loses his balance a bit and stumbles back.

9. - Top - End - #429
    Orc in the Playground

I thought Guile was a magic user, yet as soon as the undead develop an immunity to the spell he uses, rather than trying another (which worked last time!) he closes to combat. I'm a bit confused.

Nevermind, the third bow-skeleton is now destroyed.

The final melee skeleton presses the attack, stepping forward and swinging its massive sword down at Krayger's midriff.

10. - Top - End - #430
    Halfling in the Playground

The Old Arena

A seemingly abandoned arena, abandoned in the sense that nobody's there, has a new guest. This man is in no way trying to be subtle with his white, cotton, clothes, his blue hair, or his equally blue beard.
    Physically fit, probably in his early thirties and armed with a longsword and revolver (both buckled on his left hip), Thatcher Jsut is looking for a challenge.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Zane and Aric by Recaiden. Aric Kat by Hatter.

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: FFRP Newbie Links
    Show

11. - Top - End - #431
    Troll in the Playground

[High Seas Adventures]

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    Derek pulls the dighny high up onto the beach to make sure it stays where it is. He glances around one hand resting on the dagger on his hip. "I don't like this." He wonders if somehow they have been tricked and this is the wrong island. Probably only one way to be sure though, by searching it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    Well if Melody's been attacked, he imagined he'd have heard something by now.

Reinholdt aims his rifle up in the air and fires, seemingly at random. Trying to get a rise out of any lurkers or hidden foes. Make them reveal themselves in response. Hopefully.
    (( Somehow I missed Reinholdt's response right under McBish's.

Let's see..... where were w - Oh yeah!!))

Some birds go flying out of the trees near the cave.

The island begins to shake, and and dark smoke begins to puff from the entrance.
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2013-10-02 at 08:48 PM.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

12. - Top - End - #432
    Dwarf in the Playground

[High Seas Adventures]

Derek looks over to Reinholdt and gives a bit of a shrug. "Well I guess we head into the cave. Unless you have any better ideas." It doesn't sound like Derek is too pleased by the prospect. There is determination in his voice though. If Jezebelle's father thinks he can scare away Derek with a few earthquakes he is sorely wrong. Unless Reinholdt stops him he will head towards the enterance of the cave.

((I hate it when that happens.))
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

13. - Top - End - #433
    Ogre in the Playground

Tardis Adventures

"I've got the rope here ma'am." Butler says, letting go of the useless rod and going to pick up the rope. Said rope proceeds to assault him and entangle him in a manner akin to a cat having been playing with yarn. Butler yelps in surprise.

Man he can't even get out the store with its Challenge Rating of 0. This dungeon's going to be rough.

High Seas Adventures

"No, not really." Reinholdt says, following Derek into obvious trap, and letting the burly sailor take the lead. Or just the motivated sailor. Either way, Derek gets lead here. Reinholdt's going to keep an eye out for any triggers for actual booby traps as best he can.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2013-10-02 at 08:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

14. - Top - End - #434
    Troll in the Playground

[High Seas Adventures]

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    Derek looks over to Reinholdt and gives a bit of a shrug. "Well I guess we head into the cave. Unless you have any better ideas." It doesn't sound like Derek is too pleased by the prospect. There is determination in his voice though. If Jezebelle's father thinks he can scare away Derek with a few earthquakes he is sorely wrong. Unless Reinholdt stops him he will head towards the enterance of the cave.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    "No, not really." Reinholdt says, following Derek into obvious trap, and letting the burly sailor take the lead. Or just the motivated sailor. Either way, Derek gets lead here. Reinholdt's going to keep an eye out for any triggers for actual booby traps as best he can.
    As the determined pair approach the cave, they can feel the heat coming from inside. The smoke smells of brimstone and sulfer.

Near the entrance, Reinholdt, ever-vigilant for traps, has a high chance of noticing a thin wire stretched between two boulders on either side. It's about ankle-high.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

15. - Top - End - #435
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    EMBOH Code Vault

"We were going to make a withdrawal," Magtok states simply. There's probably no clever means by which he could dress that up as an innocent, totally legitimate vault check, so he doesn't even bother.
    The fellow's lips quirk into a briefly amused smile, before he turns away.
    "Of course you were."

After staring off into the distance for a moment, he rolls his shoulders a bit.
    "Okay. I know you can finesse your way through a computer, Mister Magtok.
    So I'm going to use a fairly mundane metaphor.

Consider the area around us the desktop view in your typical, Average Joe's computer with a garden-themed wallpaper. It's irrelevant, but gets you where you need to go.
    These little boxes here, we'll say they lead off to the program menus. Get you to the 'fun stuff'. A simplified path from desktop to software.
    However, you have to know what you are looking for, or you'll be opening up everything at random, won't you?

So Mister Magtok, where do you want to be?"

Guess he's not going for the "tell Magtok where the goods are and be done" route.
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

16. - Top - End - #436

EMBOH Code Vault

"These boxes and program menus don't have names, do they? Nothing along the lines of Accounts Management, Money Transfers, Security? If you're not going to give me a list of options, whatever sounds closest to that middle thing I said would probably be best, followed by the first thing."

Magtok crosses his arms against his chest. He really doesn't want to spend all day opening up everything. Even at lightspeed and such, that's got to be annoying.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

17. - Top - End - #437

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    Thryza nods, looking around in interest as they go in. Alright... I'mma be quiet now for a while at least, okay?
    She glances nervously at her gloved metal hand.
    Train Station

Hildur walks with Thyrza to the ticket booth with an old wallet in hand. She speaks in Swedish with the booth operator, soon procuring a ticket for each of them.

((I think we might want to move this to Random Plots.))

18. - Top - End - #438
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by aric_kale View Post
    The Old Arena

A seemingly abandoned arena, abandoned in the sense that nobody's there, has a new guest. This man is in no way trying to be subtle with his white, cotton, clothes, his blue hair, or his equally blue beard.
    Physically fit, probably in his early thirties and armed with a longsword and revolver (both buckled on his left hip), Thatcher Jsut is looking for a challenge.
    The Old Arena

Yep, the arena was once located inside and draw a lot of people into it. Some for watching and many for fighting. Sadly the attention goes away and the arena drifted to outside.
    Short after him comes another man, but he doesn't look like a fighter. The man wears a labcoat and jeans while a helm hangs at his side.

"Hello! You must be the person from the wall, right?"
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

19. - Top - End - #439
    Halfling in the Playground

The Old Arena

It's always sad to see something grand fade away. Still, Thatcher smiles politely at the sciencey-looking man, offerings his right hand in greeting. Aye, that'd be me. Name's Thatcher. And you are?
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Zane and Aric by Recaiden. Aric Kat by Hatter.

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: FFRP Newbie Links
    Show

20. - Top - End - #440
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Foot of the Mountain]

After a couple of hours' walking, the party arrives at the mountain. It towers up above them, rising out of the forest surrounding it. Although not sheer, the path is steep and rocky.

"There is danger even here. Follow my path exactly."

The ghost will lead them up the mountain, drifting to and fro across the path apparently at random. When they reach the top, there is a circular door set into the mountain. It's made up of three concentric rings, each with eight runes set around them.

"I can do nothing. Can you open it?"

Nexus

CHB
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #441
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

[Foot of the Mountain]

After a couple of hours' walking, the party arrives at the mountain. It towers up above them, rising out of the forest surrounding it. Although not sheer, the path is steep and rocky.

"There is danger even here. Follow my path exactly."

The ghost will lead them up the mountain, drifting to and fro across the path apparently at random. When they reach the top, there is a circular door set into the mountain. It's made up of three concentric rings, each with eight runes set around them.

"I can do nothing. Can you open it?"
    Leo follows closely in the spirit's wake, taking care not to make any missteps. As they approach the door at its summit, he looks closely at the door, searching for some kind of pattern in the runes between the different rings on the door. Failing in this, he will survey the area surrounding the door, looking for a clue of some type...

22. - Top - End - #442
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Summit of the Mountain]

The runes all follow patterns. The outer ones are animals, the middle ones environments and the central ones emotions. They don't seem to match except for three - the lion, the plains and pride.

Nexus

CHB
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #443
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

[Summit of the Mountain]

The runes all follow patterns. The outer ones are animals, the middle ones environments and the central ones emotions. They don't seem to match except for three - the lion, the plains and pride.
    Leo notices the pattern in the symbols and commits it to memory. His next move is to determine how the three rings function as part of the door's mechanism...

24. - Top - End - #444
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Summit of the Mountain]

They don't seem to move, but slight gaps around the runes suggest that they may be pushable.

Nexus

CHB
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #445
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

[Summit of the Mountain]

They don't seem to move, but slight gaps around the runes suggest that they may be pushable.
    Taking great care not to disturb the other switches, Rip gingerly presses the matching buttons one at a time, hoping that his action will open the door and not trigger a trap of some devious nature. He pushes them in the following order: the plains first, then the lion, and the pride last...

26. - Top - End - #446
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Summit of the Mountain]

The rings grind round, rotating to bring the three runes into alignment. Then the door drops into the ground, revealing a dimly lit flight of steps. Each step is made up of five slabs, left to right.

"From the left, slabs one, three, two, four, repeating in that order. All the others are death."

Nexus

CHB
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #447
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

[Summit of the Mountain]

The rings grind round, rotating to bring the three runes into alignment. Then the door drops into the ground, revealing a dimly lit flight of steps. Each step is made up of five slabs, left to right.

"From the left, slabs one, three, two, four, repeating in that order. All the others are death."
    ((Gotta give Ray something to do once he catches up, so...))

Leo slowly steps into the cave in the summit. He notes the spirit's instructions and starts up the stairway, but as he attempts to make the jump between the fourth and fifth steps, his footing fails and he stumbles, his trajectory threatening to send him sprawling onto the staircase...

28. - Top - End - #448
    Ogre in the Playground

TotLI

((I'm going to assume GDM wants to be skipped since he's posted multiple times without addressing his turn and hasn't responded to pokes))

Krayger tries to step out of the way of the sword as it comes down and then use his axe to pin it partially against the floor, after which he can kick the skeleton in the chest and hopefully wrench the weapon from its grasp.

29. - Top - End - #449
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [Warzone]

The man come soon. They look at wthe child confused, but don't say a word. They will put the child into the back of the car and drive Felandria back to the twon. This time they don't stop in front of the town hall. They will go to the back door so none will see the things she brought with her.

The man who gave her the job waits for her in a side room.

"How did it go?" he asks and then spots the child "And what did you bring me?"
    I smashed their vehicles, disabled them, beat the crap out of them.

As for this, there were several of them, I only grabbed the one so I could get out of there.

I don't know for sure what it is, looks like a robot.

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

30. - Top - End - #450
    Orc in the Playground

The Clouded Void (Sorry; I missed this)

"There is no 'down', because it is forever 'up' as well. Objects like this chariot have gravity, as do the rocks, clouds- for those that can interact with them- lumps of ice, and so on. Take all that out there, for example. They aren't falling, as there's nowhere for them to fall to. The whale wasn't technically an avian- we're not sure what they are, but they're only found here, and they're all slightly different. There are demons, Karkassoliths, that live here and don't have wings. They can alter how gravity affects their bodies, meaning they can fall to wherever they want." The pegasi will turn so that the chariot does a screw through the air. Despite the fact that the chariot is briefly 'upside down' from Atorre's starting perspective, she won't notice any difference in the gravity.

The skeleton's sword is wrenched from its grasp as it is kicked. It backs away cautiously.