New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 254041424344454647484950
Results 1,471 to 1,490 of 1490
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Fortune's Favor (IC)

"Well if you don't mind, considering this involves one of my... acquaintances, are you familiar with Defendor Investigations?" She points off in the general direction, though possibly not precise. "Or perhaps bandits or other strange disappearances on the southern trade route? Does it involve that?"

The man was certainly being mysterious... if he knew anything regarding the job she and Eubert just acquired, he may as well spill the beans on that. Otherwise, well, she hadn't a clue what he had in store.

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Sorry, I keep forgetting to add rolls
    Show
    Another sense motive for his answer:

(1d20+3)[9]

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Bugbear in the Playground

GnomePirate

"Chartessa was your conscience? Gods above. I find that difficult to believe." Elias crosses his arms as if he's felt a chill. "You've still left a lot out. What changed?" He pauses, a thought dawning. "Who was Adam?"

4. - Top - End - #1474
    Ogre in the Playground

A/E

"We do not concern ourselves with the affairs of the city folk." He sneers. "...Well, some do, but they are not among those truly beloved by the Oak Father. We have our own matters to deal with."

Spoiler: Adrexah
    Show
    It doesn't take Holmes to figure out that he doesn't have much of a soft spot for city folk.

---

E/S/O

"You have seen not but the worst of her. Were her manner not exactly the same, I might think she were replaced by a particularly unbelievable copy. I think...I think that battle may have been the cause. Afterwards, when we were all sure that a comeuppance would seek us out, she became obsessed with magical defenses. Wards, sigils, and such. It is difficult to think that anything remains of the woman I...knew."

He hastily jumps to the next question. "You might know Adam better as Mr. Oakes, the innkeeper. Mind you, it isn't his real name. He kept changing it on us back in the day, so we began calling him Adam."
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

5. - Top - End - #1475
    Titan in the Playground

Adrexah now feels somewhat alienated from the man. Though she has a fondness for wild creatures and the wilderness, she has no particular good or bad feelings toward cities. But it was the extreme callousness towards "civilized" folks that really put her on edge.

For now she knows not what to think of the man, and the only other things she can think of to say would surely offend him.

<insert awkward silence>
    Last edited by WindStruck; 2013-11-26 at 09:06 PM.

6. - Top - End - #1476

GnomePirate

Elias looks deeply disturbed. "...All right. How do Carston and the gnome fit into all this?"

7. - Top - End - #1477
    Ogre in the Playground

A/E

"There is no need to decide right now." He says, seemingly oblivious to the awkwardness of the present silence. "Simply venture into the woods when you should feel the need. If you survive, we will find you."

---

E/S/O

"I don't know anything about Carston's activities, but Chartessa called in Dak some time ago to act as an advisor to some project she was working on. Apparently, she needed his help for a ritual that would strip her of her magical powers. I never asked for the details, but I do know that it worked. I'm...not entirely sure why he decided to stay after that. Perhaps on her counsel?"
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

8. - Top - End - #1478

GnomePirate

"Ah. He lied. Not that it matters. Perhaps this will shed some light on my question." Elias produces the town map with the five-pointed star and sets it down before the Mayor.

"When you've told us what you know of that, I'd like to know more about the murdered girl. And who might have had the key to Davand's cell. The sorcerer claims that someone freed him and then impersonated him."

9. - Top - End - #1479
    Titan in the Playground

"Alone, I presume?" she tersely responds.

10. - Top - End - #1480
    Ogre in the Playground

E/S/O

"Who...?" He falls silent upon seeing the map. "I...I've never seen this before. It has something to do with the...fountain? Mirian always told me it was a gift from Tymora, but...

I keep the keys to that cells on my person, but it wouldn't surprise me if someone broke in. It isn't exactly high security, like the actual prison. As for the girl, her name was Aldiiri Luellynven. Her family has been here almost as long as the town has. Escaping some sort of threat to their homeland, from what I could gather. Aldiiri went missing a time ago. Witnesses saw her falling into the City's well, but when they went to get her out, she was gone. The murder was the most recently I've seen her. Gives me a headache just to figure out how. Some days I think this town has too much magic in it for its own good...no offense."

---

A/E

"You're more than welcome to bring the beasts with you. And your animal-friends too, of course." He smiles politely.

"I'm starting to realize why I was charged..." Samnang mutters.

11. - Top - End - #1481

GnomePirate

Elias laughs hollowly. "None taken. Believe me." He takes the map back. "Where was she found? How can we get to that well?"

12. - Top - End - #1482
    Titan in the Playground

A smile irresistibly creeps up on Adrexah's face. Got to admit that was good. ...well, except for the fact that the guy was probably 100% serious about it. It quickly fades.

"Uh, ok... well..."

She turns back towards Eubert and Samnang in case they had anything else to say to the crazy man.

Spoiler
    Show
    Anything at all Fishies? Though I do apologize the activity is mostly not related to you and hasn't been paladin-friendly.
    Last edited by WindStruck; 2013-11-27 at 09:18 AM.

13. - Top - End - #1483
    Orc in the Playground

Goblin

Eubert turns toward Samnang and smiles up at him. "Ah, but at least you did get your money back, Squire Varran."

"Thank you for assisting my friend, Mr. Greenleaf, Squire Varran," Eubert says, nodding politely towards each of the men when he speaks their names. "So now that Ferdinand is taken care of, Miss Holybough, shall we return to the Messenger's task? Speaking of which... would either of you kind gentlemen know anything about the missing caravans along the south of the Trade Way?"
    Last edited by Fishies; 2013-11-27 at 06:53 PM.

14. - Top - End - #1484
    Titan in the Playground

Adrexah nods to Eubert. Having forgotten something, she makes her way back to the cart and, from the looks of it, puts a sack of some sort into her backpack before returning to the discussion.

15. - Top - End - #1485
    Ogre in the Playground

A/E

"Any attacks would have had to occur on the road itself. We do not stray close enough to that edge of the forest. Suffice it to say that the Grove is uninvolved." He hesitates as if to speak on the matter further, then falls silent.

"I've only just arrived here myself. But I came from the North. I'd heard some tell of the trading troubles, but nothing conclusive. Would that I could lend my aid more directly, but I've pressing matters to attend to. I apologize."

16. - Top - End - #1486
    Orc in the Playground

Goblin

Eubert nods. "I see. Well, much thanks to the both of you anyway."

Spoiler
    Show
    Sense Motive: (1d20+7)[16]

17. - Top - End - #1487
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Eubert
    Show
    He's telling the truth about the Grove, but best guess says he might know about some sort of third party.

18. - Top - End - #1488
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    What can I say, the guy's suspicious. Sense motive!
    (1d20+3)[19]

"Very well. Thank you." Turning to Eravan, she says, "Oh, one other thing... I do have a little extra feed in the cart for Ferdinand and Cirrus. You're welcome to use it... though I have a feeling you may have something of better quality."

She smiles again and turns to leave with Eubert. And Samnang? If he's splitting off, she says goodbye to him too.

19. - Top - End - #1489
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Adrexah
    Show
    See Eubert's divinations, but you manage to figure that whoever the third party is, Eravan doesn't approve of them. They aren't enemies, just at odds.

20. - Top - End - #1490
    Ogre in the Playground

E/S/O

"Where she was killed, you mean? Just outside my door. Literally. I was so close upon stepping out, I managed to lock eyes with her assailant. Just as black as his heart, I'm sure.

As for the well, it's somewhat out of the way. It's hardly necessary, what with the fountain, though I can see its benefits during, say, a siege. It's tucked into a corner, just to the left past the gates."

Spoiler
    Show
    It's worth noting that Davand's eyes are most assuredly not black.