New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2035363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 1475
  1. - Top - End - #1321
    Firbolg in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Default Re: My Little Pony LXXIII: Luna's Sordid Dreams? I'm Not Googling That...

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Spoiler: sort of new episode
    Show
    Pinkie/Twilight is the result of "there's no one left". AJ and RD pair because of their competitiveness and athleticism, Rarity and Fluttershy pair because of their sense of fashion (and...manicures?). Also I think Rarity is the only one of group that isn't scared to "use" Fluttershy, since Fluttershy won't disappoint her friends by saying no. That just leaves Pinkie and Twilight, who have nothing in common. They need something to connect them.
    Twilight and Pinkie are a bit of the odd couple, best friends who annoy each other terribly at times but still managed to work together despite that. Pinkie was also one of the first (and certainly most forward) ponies who became one of Twilight's first friends.
    Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    There are no bad ideas, just bad execution.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you to zimmerwald1915 for the Gustave avatar.
    The full set is here.

Air Raccoon avatar provided by Ceika
    from the Request an OotS Style Avatar thread

A big thanks to PrinceAquilaDei for the gryphon avatar!
    original image

2. - Top - End - #1322
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony LXXIII: Luna's Sordid Dreams? I'm Not Googling That...

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    *slams helmet of opposite alignment on bleakbane's skull*

like that?
    Erm, immune to mind-affecting effects...?

As Lix said.

Ponythread has tried on several occasions to make me Good Opposite in various ways before, and it's just not going to happen...

3. - Top - End - #1323
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post

As Lix said.

Ponythread has tried on several occasions to make me Good Opposite in various ways before, and it's just not going to happen...
    You know, I don't want to be that guy, but a Helm of Opposite Alignment technically isn't a mind-affecting effect. Though it is a fairly easy DC 15 will save.

On further rereading, I now notice that it is in fact transmutational magic. Huh.
    Last edited by Theoboldi; 2013-12-04 at 02:32 PM.
    Always look for white text. Always.
    That's how you do it! Have a cookie!
    Quote Originally Posted by ezekielraiden View Post
    You don't win people over by beating them with facts until they surrender; at best all you've got is a conversion under duress, and at worst you've actively made an enemy of your position.

You don't convince by proving someone wrong. You convince by showing them a better way to be right. The difference may seem subtle or semantic, but I assure you it matters a lot.

4. - Top - End - #1324
    Colossus in the Playground

As Lix said.

Like being impossible is going to stop me.

I'm immortal, and I live in a time Machine.

I literally have all the time in the world.

Now, to go craft my own helm of opposite alinement, instead of using oneof those crappy store bought ones.

maybe if I incorporated a control undead spell?
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

5. - Top - End - #1325
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Imma gonna just leave this here.

Use it as you will.

6. - Top - End - #1326
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ravian View Post
    Might not be just for Christmas. There are plenty of other reasons to get a small gift like a pack of trading cards. Back when I was a kid, my brother and I would get Yugioh cards for good report cards.

Ah.. memories.
    Reminds me of the days when I got a 2$ allowance. Took around a month to afford even one pack of Pokemon cards, so I really learned the value of patience.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Doom View Post
    Thankfully, I've never had to deal with that. My parents are pretty good about not combining them.

Then again, my birthday is today, so it's not really that close...
    Happy Birthday!
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

7. - Top - End - #1327
    Ettin in the Playground

Comics!

Spoiler: Fluttershy sleeping + Air Horn = ? (Large)
    Show

Spoiler: Castle Appledash Mane-ia
    Show

Spoiler: It's a cook book, a cook book!
    Show

Spoiler: This explains alot?
    Show

8. - Top - End - #1328
    Titan in the Playground

So, no-pony has noticed Walt Ribeiro's orchestral Smile, smile, smile?

Tsk, tsk, ponythread...

Quote Originally Posted by Theoboldi View Post
    You know, I don't want to be that guy, but a Helm of Opposite Alignment technically isn't a mind-affecting effect. Though it is a fairly easy DC 15 will save.

On further rereading, I now notice that it is in fact transmutational magic. Huh.
    And I'm not technically a D&D character and so D&D rules loopholes don't really bother me...

It's a form of mind-control or mind-influencing - and I'm immune, so it can try and change my alignment all it likes, but it's not going to work, even if it spends a billion years on my head and burns up all it's magic out trying...

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    Not an extraplanar, either...

Also, one fallen solar spells the end of the multiverse? Ahahahahaha! No, really. I've waxed celestials of that order in the occasional mission personally... They ain't that hot. Plus, even BGII itself has an fallen Solar you spifflicate...! Talk about hyperbole...

Like being impossible is going to stop me.

I'm immortal, and I live in a time Machine.

I literally have all the time in the world.

Now, to go craft my own helm of opposite alinement, instead of using oneof those crappy store bought ones.

maybe if I incorporated a control undead spell?
    Take all the time you want.

Still ain't happening.

9. - Top - End - #1329
    Ettin in the Playground

Also, one fallen solar spells the end of the multiverse? Ahahahahaha! No, really. I've waxed celestials of that order in the occasional mission personally... They ain't that hot. Plus, even BGII itself has an fallen Solar you spifflicate...! Talk about hyperbole...
    Didn't Planescape Torment also have one (Voiced by none other than John De Lancie?)
    Thankfully, I've never had to deal with that. My parents are pretty good about not combining them.

Happy birthday!
    Last edited by Gamerlord; 2013-12-04 at 03:41 PM.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

10. - Top - End - #1330
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

And I'm not technically a D&D character and so D&D rules loopholes don't really bother me...

It's a form of mind-control or mind-influencing - and I'm immune, so it can try and change my alignment all it likes, but it's not going to work, even if it spends a billion years on my head and burns up all it's magic out trying...

Not an extraplanar, either...

Hey killjoy if you don't wanna play the game then don't have your lich warlord OC character play at all.

Going neener-neener I'm immune is badly misssing the point. Its just pointless escalation like a kid on playground saying he's infinity time two.

A lesson many OCs need to take to heart.

11. - Top - End - #1331
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoilsport. Can't even let me have my rules-lawyering fun. :p

Hey killjoy if you don't wanna play the game then don't have your lich warlord OC character play at all.

Going neener-neener I'm immune is badly misssing the point. Its just pointless escalation like a kid on playground saying he's infinity time two.

Hey now. He doesn't want it to happen, so it doesn't happen. Basic first rule of all freeform community-based RP.

Though I do agree that his reaction was somewhat 'neener-neener'. A simple no would have sufficed.
    Last edited by Theoboldi; 2013-12-04 at 03:55 PM.
    You don't win people over by beating them with facts until they surrender; at best all you've got is a conversion under duress, and at worst you've actively made an enemy of your position.

You don't convince by proving someone wrong. You convince by showing them a better way to be right. The difference may seem subtle or semantic, but I assure you it matters a lot.

12. - Top - End - #1332

Take all the time you want.

Still ain't happening.
    Okay?

by the way, that helmet I slammed on you is lined with poison joke positoxin*some is leaking down bleakbanes "face"*

So, for those of you who have not read Past Sins
    Spoiler: Nyx In A Nutshell
    Show

that's the actual title of the pic by the way

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

13. - Top - End - #1333
    Titan in the Playground

As Lix said.

Wait, wait wait. We've been trying to make you your good opposite? Have we even just tried building a Good Opposite of you that's independent of you?

...Someone get me a cardboard box, a black marker, and an arrow. I'll get this solved in no time! If nobody gets this reference then I've got some homework to assign ponythread.

It's a legit immunity to a cheesy effect that I'd hate to have randomly inflicted on my characters anyways.

For the record though I'd consider any spell effect or item that removes an individual's free will to be much more evil then anything that individual could have done. Killing him would be much more moral then brainwashing him to an 'acceptable' behavior.
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

14. - Top - End - #1334
    Firbolg in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Happy birthday! Have some cake.
    Spoiler
    Show

So, for those of you who have not read Past Sins
    Spoiler: Nyx In A Nutshell
    Show

that's the actual title of the pic by the way
    Can't say that I cared much about Past Sins (no offense to the author) but I do like Reality Check's stories with the character.
    Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    There are no bad ideas, just bad execution.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you to zimmerwald1915 for the Gustave avatar.
    The full set is here.

Air Raccoon avatar provided by Ceika
    from the Request an OotS Style Avatar thread

A big thanks to PrinceAquilaDei for the gryphon avatar!
    original image

15. - Top - End - #1335
    Spamalot in the Playground

Evil Jim: (aside, to other villains) Erm, I should warn you, this is gonna smart like the dickens."
    Dan Castellaneta is awesome. One of my favorite voices he's done was of Megavolt for Darkwing Duck. Can you imagine if he got a part in MLP? I'd love to see him do some insane minor villain or something on that kind of level we're talking about.

"Imagine Pinkie Pie but evil."

If I ever underwent a complete personality shift and became Good, I would totally follow in Jim's super-suited footsteps.
    Only once did my gaming group ever have a situation where a Helm of Opposite Alignment came up. They tried it on the true neutral druid of the group (and bless the player for he was an awesome actor) he simply continued as normal, but dropped the southern drawl for a British accent.

I've never had another player who was skilled in several accents like that.

So... shapeshifters immune to transmutational effects can ignore this?

I've always wondered who exactly invented this thing. An evil wizard wanting to turn the hero, or a benevolent wizard wanting to redeem the villain? It could go either way...

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    Comics!
    This explains alot?
    Wow, that's pretty scary there, Spike. Aren't you a bit young to be shipping?

So, no-pony has noticed Walt Ribeiro's orchestral Smile, smile, smile?
    I did... 30 minutes ago. From your post. >_>

by the way, that helmet I slammed on you is lined with poison joke positoxin*some is leaking down bleakbanes "face"*
    ...are you developing an obsession with Poison Joke?
    You seem determined to find a version that affects anything.
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2013-12-04 at 04:20 PM.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

16. - Top - End - #1336

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    ...are you developing an obsession with Poison Joke?
    You seem determined to find a version that affects anything.
    why don't you ask Professor Boffinspark what I do to ponies who piss me off.

then think about what poison joke is good for.

besides, things that effect the undead adversely are going to come very much in handy over in RP.

Cause I called it bitches!

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

17. - Top - End - #1337
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

Happy Birthday!

That is all for now.

18. - Top - End - #1338
    Titan in the Playground

This isn't an RP thread, so RP conventions don't apply. You'll note he doesn't leap into RP with all his powers, he just points them out when people go after him.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

19. - Top - End - #1339

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    This isn't an RP thread, so RP conventions don't apply. You'll note he doesn't leap into RP with all his powers, he just points them out when people go after him.
    though if he'd like to enter the RP, he's more than welcome to.

We Kinda need help their anyway.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

20. - Top - End - #1340
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

though if he'd like to enter the RP, he's more than welcome to.

We Kinda need help their anyway.
    No offence, but how do the members of the FT "need help". They have been handling the Fluid attack very well with none of them suffering any damage whatsoever.

21. - Top - End - #1341
    Spamalot in the Playground

why don't you ask Professor Boffinspark what I do to ponies who piss me off.
    Are us changelings included in that "ponies" category?
    I think we're more like fae, all things being equine.

Spoiler
    Show
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

22. - Top - End - #1342

Quote Originally Posted by Humble Master View Post
    No offence, but how do the members of the FT "need help". They have been the Fluid attack very well with none of them suffering any damage whatsoever.
    Okay, before I explain, I'm going to say, that what I say here is not nessisarily canon to the RP, or vise versa. further more, N

The same applies to me, Dashie, and Scooty. And we forget anything we learn using the fourth wall if it would make for a bad story or give us an unfair advantage, while we are physically in the RP thread. That's why we only use it for small jokes.

Now, when Zombie Pie said that, she was not using "we" to refer to the FT group, but rater, All the "Good Guy" characters.

And the Fluids are not what I was referring to. I was referring to something that I'm going to forget once I get back to the thread.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

23. - Top - End - #1343
    Ettin in the Playground

And I pointed out that his powers don't apply in this case. To which his answer was essentially 'nuh-uh, they totally do'. I expected better from him, of all people.
    In fact, I am so disappointed because of this that I will now throw a tantrum.

*Throws a pillow to the ground*

See what he made me do? Everything is ruined because of him.
    Last edited by Theoboldi; 2013-12-04 at 05:15 PM.

24. - Top - End - #1344

Are us changelings included in that "ponies" category?
    I think we're more like fae, all things being equine.

Spoiler
    Show
    Consider that the list of "ponies" that have pissed me off currently include a necromantic Dragon and a pony shaped blob of Chaos magic?

though, granted, they are in the"made me so mad that I'm going to kill them" category, than the "They're jerks, so Imma cover them with paint" category

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

25. - Top - End - #1345
    Ettin in the Playground

Wow, that's pretty scary there, Spike. Aren't you a bit young to be shipping?
    He was doing it at the Wedding too! Spike is a dastardly little shipper.

Soooo ... huh, we're going into oddball antagonise the commodore mode again? I'ma gonna be hiding in my bunker if anyone needs me!

26. - Top - End - #1346
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

Okay, before I explain, I'm going to say, that what I say here is not nessisarily canon to the RP, or vise versa. further more, N

The same applies to me, Dashie, and Scooty. And we forget anything we learn using the fourth wall if it would make for a bad story or give us an unfair advantage, while we are physically in the RP thread. That's why we only use it for small jokes.

Now, when Zombie Pie said that, she was not using "we" to refer to the FT group, but rater, All the "Good Guy" characters.

And the Fluids are not what I was referring to. I was referring to something that I'm going to forget once I get back to the thread.
    Fair enough.

27. - Top - End - #1347
    Titan in the Playground

And I pointed out that his powers don't apply in this case. To which his answer was essentially 'nuh-uh, they totally do'. I expected better from him, of all people.
    In fact, I am so disappointed because of this that I will now throw a tantrum.

*Throws a pillow to the ground*

See what he made me do? Everything is ruined because of him.
    ...that's wrong on several levels. I mean, he /never/ leaves character to the point that I've met him in the flesh/bone and still aren't sure it's a character. What's more, if his character isn't valid, then neither are any of the powers being used against him.

Basically my point is, if you /drag someone in/ to an RP by calling them out, then it's not their fault if they're not the same scale as the rest of the RP.

you probably don't care that much bleh I need ponyhugs
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

28. - Top - End - #1348

...that's wrong on several levels. I mean, he /never/ leaves character to the point that I've met him in the flesh/bone and still aren't sure it's a character. What's more, if his character isn't valid, then neither are any of the powers being used against him.

Basically my point is, if you /drag someone in/ to an RP by calling them out, then it's not their fault if they're not the same scale as the rest of the RP.

*Switches to clone body and gives Lixie Ponyhugs*

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

29. - Top - End - #1349
    Titan in the Playground

*hugs*
    Spoiler
    Show
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

30. - Top - End - #1350

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    *hugs*
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler: Counter Hugs!
    Show

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks