New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: EMPIRE! Community World-Building Game III: Prepare Your Inbox! (Messages Are Comi

Quote Originally Posted by SamBurke View Post
    OH. Dang. Well, I could push back the Doge's death for two rounds... Hm... Yeah, I may want to do that.
    I'm hosting a thing the round after...

2. - Top - End - #302
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: EMPIRE! Community World-Building Game III: Prepare Your Inbox! (Messages Are Comi

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Well, the idea is to steal their plans and make them desert. Plus, the two synergize...

It's hard to say, honestly. It feels like he, OOC, is being pushy, but it's using IC means, so... Neh. Hard to tell what's his country pushing an agenda and what's him trying to pressure me.

I ended up settling on the former due to the means (non-IC PMs discussing our nations relations, threats here), but I admit I perhaps shouldn't have.
    I'm being pushy? You are being very very hypocritical right now mate. I apologize to the rest of my fellow players for the scene I made on top of this page. I am hardy being pushy. You still hold a grudge against the fact that I tried to help you out]? From my point of view, you're doing anything you can to piss me off OOC, going as far as to betray a treaty that hasnt even been made yet.

And to SamBurke, I wanted to accept the treaty btw, I was just discussing it with RD. You can assume that I accept the treaty. I'll send an official pm tonight. I also havent cut any trade treaties with Sanctuary, those are still in place.

To C' Nor again: From my point of view, you insulted me OOC and harrased me IC with no IC reason. And yeah, I consider that PM of yours 4 weeks ago IC. You are barely online, forcing hostilities IC when you are. So yeah, whenever you are online, YOU are the one being pushy, forcing your agenda and taking advantage of the fact that you arent active each week.

To all other players, sorry for the rant, but this has been bugging me for a LONG time.

Cheers

P.S. I'm taking the Diplomatic route for now, so I'll be roling for it shortly.
    A swordmaster never backs off, I'll cut you to ribbons with my almighty sabre! CHAOS DANCE!!

Nyllana OotS Avatar by Lord FullBladder, Master of Goblins!

Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing to see here
    My Extended Homebrew Sig!

Currently writing a fantasy novel: The Dawn of Life!
    People willing to provide feedback are appreciated

3. - Top - End - #303
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HisHolyAngel View Post
    I'm hosting a thing the round after...
    Dang, I just cannot seem to win... Well, I'll ask Morph a question, and base the timing of the Last Visitation on that.

Quote Originally Posted by WaylanderX View Post

And to SamBurke, I wanted to accept the treaty btw, I was just discussing it with RD. You can assume that I accept the treaty. I'll send an official pm tonight. I also haven't cut any trade treaties with Sanctuary, those are still in place.
    Good to know! I'll cross your name off the list of required nations.
    James/TheDoge Avatar by Ceika!

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by TravelLog View Post
    *snip* ...Hands down the funniest class critique ever... *snip*
    I cannot tell you the number of times I laughed while reading this.

Homebrew Awards:
    Spoiler
    Show

First Place Pathfinder Grab Bags:
    XIII
    XIV
    XV
    XVIII

4. - Top - End - #304
    Orc in the Playground

Dang, I just cannot seem to win... Well, I'll ask Morph a question, and base the timing of the Last Visitation on that.

Good to know! I'll cross your name off the list of required nations.
    Sorry!

5. - Top - End - #305
    Ettin in the Playground

Sorry!
    We could always merge them... everyone has a chance to hold a funeral service for the dead, and such, in their own unique way... That'd be epic, actually.

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew Awards:
    Spoiler
    Show

XIII
    XIV
    XV
    XVIII

6. - Top - End - #306
    Ogre in the Playground

Just host it anyways. People will go to both. Might even leave less time for fighting
    Quote Originally Posted by lt_murgen View Post
    Exploratory expeditions expeditiously expediting exploration would be epicurially equipped.

7. - Top - End - #307
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zap Dynamic View Post
    Rain Dragon's been planning an event next round too.
    Pretty sure HisHolyAngel was planning a faith event. I'm not sure about Rain Dragon. EDIT:
    Not even close to ninja'd. I missed it by almost 20 minutes.
    Last edited by Logic; 2014-03-07 at 03:45 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by bosssmiley View Post
    You altruistic weirdo you!
    Discord: Spacecamp-Logic-Yako
    Former Avatar by Ceika, which I have long since lost a copy of.

8. - Top - End - #308
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, someone got assassinated.

Man, writing Duke Bloodfang's death is going to suck.
    “I’m a Terrorist not an idiot.” - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

9. - Top - End - #309
    Ogre in the Playground

Avatar by the wonderful and talented Ceika!
    Playing:

Past Faves: The Blackwood | Raaneka | Cachimba

My DeviantArt.

10. - Top - End - #310
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post

Have the scene you wrote of him kicking ass be canon as his last thoughts before drifting away.
    Exploratory expeditions expeditiously expediting exploration would be epicurially equipped.

11. - Top - End - #311
    Orc in the Playground

We could always merge them... everyone has a chance to hold a funeral service for the dead, and such, in their own unique way... That'd be epic, actually.
    Well mine is an international faith conference/showing off your religion type thingy. Soooo what exatly is yours?

12. - Top - End - #312
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by zabbarot View Post
    Have the scene you wrote of him kicking ass be canon as his last thoughts before drifting away.
    That scene is canon, he really did demolish the Assassin and his band, they just finished off Queek and Krick before The Duke got his claws on them (Unaware of their demise to boot). Though you are surprisingly on the right track for how it's going to go down.
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

13. - Top - End - #313
    Ogre in the Playground

That scene is canon, he really did demolish the Assassin and his band, they just finished off Queek and Krick before The Duke got his claws on them (Unaware of their demise to boot). Though you are surprisingly on the right track for how it's going to go down.
    Ah, the spring loaded knife under his dead son, eh? Nobody ever sees that one coming.

In all seriousness though I did not realize the assassins were supposed to go after his children as well. That's rough.

14. - Top - End - #314
    Ogre in the Playground

Mouse Guard+Monster Hunter+Charr+Skaven+A touch of German=Sympol.
    Tychris, I just read your assassination post...

Splinter+Skesis+Conan+(Oppenheimer+Johnny Cash)+Beowulf=Duke Bloodfang
    Last edited by Zap Dynamic; 2014-03-07 at 05:21 PM.
    Playing:

My DeviantArt.

15. - Top - End - #315
    Titan in the Playground

OH. Dang. Well, I could push back the Doge's death for two rounds... Hm... Yeah, I may want to do that.
    Good thing he was sent back from the suicide mission then, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by zabbarot View Post
    Just host it anyways. People will go to both. Might even leave less time for fighting
    I agree with this. No reason to have only one event thread each round, y'know? Gives people who do not go to one event something to do in the other.

Wait, what? Why?
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

16. - Top - End - #316
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Wow off for a few hours an three pages behind. This world is a live.

The Orcs are coming, the Orcs are coming.
    The Orcs are here to play.

Sir Rikkan
    https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2346021

17. - Top - End - #317
    Troll in the Playground

Quick Note: I'm gonna try and write with clarity but I've spent the last 8 hours being a host at a chess festival for elementary kids so my brain might be a little loopy.

@Blade, I saw a question on the table regarding the winning tactic in the west. That's Emperor Olwyt's winning tactic (passed down by his father) I think the roll for positioning is linked next to it.

@Assassins Did we ever come up with mechanics for this? How do we know who failed and who succeeded?

@The C'Nor Waylander Tiff: Fellas, let's all be calm and have good sportsmanship. We all wanna play this game and playing a game means respecting one another. If you feel like you're being attacked be the bigger man and act with responsibility and nobility and if we all do that no one will say anything too hurtful. This goes out to everyone, including myself.

@Non-War Folks: Let me assure you, I envy your bliss of not being involved. This thing has been a confusing mess let me tell you. And with Saturday/Sunday fast approaching I have no idea what the end result will be.

@Luck 10 action: Super sweet fluff post Zab, looking forward to seeing what happens. (Everyone in the Triumvirate is doing something cool and unique except me )

@Armies: I thought we were trying to keep this non-complicated? Let's not enter aging and economic impacts and stuff on having armies raised (and what economy anyway, the Stacks Standard?) Having being at war drain population growth is good and having a 1/3 cap on armies per region also keeps things alright. Making mechanics too hard is a surefire way to ruin the game.

@All the events: Host them all! I have a ton of stuff I need to do diplomatically anyway and getting more Diplomacy points doesn't hurt my feelings (If of course I'm not stuck doing more actions for this war)

Spoiler
    Show

Amazing Avatar by Qwernt! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Kornaki View Post
    The whole world is held aloft by a dragon.

That dragon? Held aloft by a bigger dragon.

It's dragons all the way up
    Beat the bejesus out of a Paladin

18. - Top - End - #318
    Ogre in the Playground

I have to second this. It takes all the fire out of my intended action for next round. I may have to do something else memorable.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by bosssmiley View Post
    You altruistic weirdo you!
    Discord: Spacecamp-Logic-Yako
    Former Avatar by Ceika, which I have long since lost a copy of.

19. - Top - End - #319
    Ettin in the Playground

Well mine is an international faith conference/showing off your religion type thingy. Soooo what exatly is yours?
    It's going to be a massive memorial service sort of thing, to commemorate the dearly past of all nations, and try to gather together various forces to avoid such war in the future. It will be done in all religions who attend: The normal services of "value" for Guilder (Which I'll write up soon), the Fire Lord, the Rajurda, the Ice if they come, even Lillium if C'nor will let her.

Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post

I agree with this. No reason to have only one event thread each round, y'know? Gives people who do not go to one event something to do in the other.
    Indeed! I'll do the Final Visitation, I just need a good reason t--

Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post
    I have to second this. It takes all the fire out of my intended action for next round. I may have to do something else memorable.
    *Wow*.

That was the most amazing thing I have read in weeks. I... wow. That can only be honored.
    Last edited by SamBurke; 2014-03-07 at 05:15 PM.

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew Awards:
    Spoiler
    Show

XIII
    XIV
    XV
    XVIII

20. - Top - End - #320
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by QuintonBeck View Post
    @Blade, I saw a question on the table regarding the winning tactic in the west. That's Emperor Olwyt's winning tactic (passed down by his father) I think the roll for positioning is linked next to it.
    I figured this much, since he's the only one with such a winning tactic as far as I know. I'm mostly wondering whether it's kosher to use somebody else's winning tactic at all.

21. - Top - End - #321
    Troll in the Playground

Just read this. Damn. Lyradis goes hard.

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #322
    Orc in the Playground

It's going to be a massive memorial service sort of thing, to commemorate the dearly past of all nations, and try to gather together various forces to avoid such war in the future. It will be done in all religions who attend: The normal services of "value" for Guilder (Which I'll write up soon), the Fire Lord, the Rajurda, the Ice if they come, even Lillium if C'nor will let her.

Indeed! I'll do the Final Visitation, I just need a good reason t--

*Wow*.

That was the most amazing thing I have read in weeks. I... wow. That can only be honored.
    If we're gonna have them in the same round, let's just have them in different years so it's still reasonable for someone to go to both IC.

23. - Top - End - #323
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    I figured this much, since he's the only one with such a winning tactic as far as I know. I'm mostly wondering whether it's kosher to use somebody else's winning tactic at all.
    I'm pretty sure Morph mentioned it being Kosher earlier in this thread (I'd find it but GITP is being super slow and laggy for me so I can't) Still, I'll be a good sport and point out what I was unaware of and that's that another nation can make an action to tactically maneuver things even without a winning tactic with the intention to negate the other's maneuver. (Also, I don't think this was stated or ruled but I think it would be decent etiquette to only have 1 representative of a coalition force roll for such things that way it isn't just trying to get everyone to roll so chances of getting a high roll are increased That is to say if you rolled for the UN forces to negate my winning tactic and succeeded Imp or Logic or anyone out there wouldn't then roll to try and trump your roll to push it back to Winning Tactics territory prompting Ashenia or another UN nation to roll in return to rebalance ad naseum until every participating nation has done it. Let's just do 1 roll for each team. )

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #324
    Ettin in the Playground

If we're gonna have them in the same round, let's just have them in different years so it's still reasonable for someone to go to both IC.
    OK. Different years, check. Might you be able to attend?

I just... wow. My end for the Doge was gonna be dramatic, but it is nothing like self-immolation. That's pretty intense stuff.
    Last edited by SamBurke; 2014-03-07 at 05:25 PM.

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew Awards:
    Spoiler
    Show

XIII
    XIV
    XV
    XVIII

25. - Top - End - #325

Oooof, I think Gareth's Passing will be remembered for quite some time. Wow. Brilliant writing, man.
    I'm also on the Bay12 Games forums under the same username.

The awesome Ceika made both my avatars! All hail!
    Spoiler: Former avatar
    Show

Currently playing the parched and honourable Rabhid Dynasty in Empire2!

26. - Top - End - #326
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post

Wait, what? Why?
    Uhhh because he's mortal? He's going to croak in like 3-4 turns probably. He's getting old and won't last much longer, despite the fire of his soul and the rage in his heart.

Let me make a clear, no nonsense statement: The Assassination failed, The Duke is fine and unharmed. He survived the Assassins, they failed to kill their primary target. The Dukes two children have died, Queek and Krick, not Bloodfang. They were cut down in the midst of the Assassination attempt, a casualty and messy byproduct of the attempt. The Duke is fine, two of his three sons are dead.

Tychris, I just read your assassination post...

Splinter+Skesis+Conan+(Oppenheimer+Johnny Cash)+Beowulf=Duke Bloodfang
    Yes. So much yes.

I've already brainstormed the next Duke and how Bloodfang will transition out, and it is AWESOME.
    Last edited by Tychris1; 2014-03-07 at 05:35 PM.
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

27. - Top - End - #327
    Ogre in the Playground

No joke! I thought Aditi and Devdan bowing out astride
    Giant Golden Fire Peacocks(tm) at the height of the Second Games was going to be the precipice of awesome... then this.

Curse your imagination, Wombat!
    Playing:

My DeviantArt.

28. - Top - End - #328
    Orc in the Playground

OK. Different years, check. Might you be able to attend?

I just... wow. My end for the Doge was gonna be dramatic, but it is nothing like self-immolation. That's pretty intense stuff.
    If you'll attend mine.

29. - Top - End - #329

That was an excellent writing Wombat. Puts everything is perspective, really.

EDIT: I would be willing to attend the event you're hosting, HHA, but I don't think Lord Davis could actually get over there. Well, alive, at any rate. I suppose Lord David could go in a casket.
    Last edited by Lord_Burch; 2014-03-07 at 05:50 PM.
    Amazing Jaune Arc avatar made by the talented artist Comissar. Thanks a lot!

Playing as the Kingdom of Gleiss in Empire! 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    A ravenous, numberless horde of immortal, undying goats cursed with unceasing hunger would actually be a very disturbing apocalypse.

30. - Top - End - #330
    Ettin in the Playground

If you'll attend mine.
    It's... two turns away, right? I can do two turns. I can't do next turn, I am full to the gills of actions next turn.
    Last edited by SamBurke; 2014-03-07 at 05:51 PM.

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew Awards:
    Spoiler
    Show

XIII
    XIV
    XV
    XVIII