New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Random Places and Plots 8: Adventures! Thrills! Groceries!

The Banks of Acheron

"I can transport us from here to anywhere of note. Nine days will pass, but for us it will be an eyeblink. One of the sole benefits of being master and slave to this river was the ability to ignore the drudgery of a commute. A benefit I will hopefully never have to take advantage of again. Hermes is the one that devised the system and aided me with it, as the god of travelers and bringer of the dead to these shores." Well she did ask what he meant, and a more comprehensive answer she was unlikely to get.

"Since we are soon to depart, I feel I should impart the secret I promised to you now. Dionysus, who dies slowly from lack of ambrosia even now, has willed nearly all his wine to you, and did so when you agreed to test what he was giving you. It will come to you as you need it, and I doubt you shall ever run out no matter how generous you are with them as gifts. Certainly, if you kept it all for yourself, it would be impossible to drink it all." Charon seems utterly certain about that.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

2. - Top - End - #722

[The Banks of Acheron]

A moment of thought as she picked up her pack and wrapped her tail around her waist as a sort of rope belt. "...The offer to skip the time is an appreciated one but I'm uncertain how it would affect me given my.. Current state. Either I freeze up entirely for nine days or just one part of me does but basically with the added shock of losing the equivalent to a limb only to have it jammed back on in the end..." at least those were the two options that seemed most probable. Given that even if one form were to be knocked out that she would still be transmitting and receiving, having one just entirely disappear wasn't something she was willing to test without a proper environment. Though I guess it'd be a good look at how it would feel if a form suddenly were to 'die.' I bet he'd see the irony in that.

She had been focusing on that issue specifically, though, as she was rather stunned by what she had been imparted. And to think I already had problems with drink. "...Come to think of it, though, I guess it means that it wouldn't need to be a strictly boring nine days.." she supplied a bit weakly, the weight of the boon only now starting to set in. "Did he.. Did he, by any chance, also leave a catalouge?" Sorting a god of wine and merriment's collection seemed like it would be a daunting task even for the level of automation she was used to.

3. - Top - End - #723

The Banks of Acheron

"A short test can be arranged, by taking you from one point to the next a breadth of a second apart, to give you an accurate means of knowing what would happen. In my experience with soul mates, there was a sense of loss, but no true disability. Perhaps this would be similar in nature but I could not say for certain." True to his word, Charon conjures up two sheets of fog, thinly layered together and opaque when viewed head on. It would take Riss less than a tenth of a second to pass through the space they occupy, but it would give her an idea of what would happen if one of her bodies was out of phase with time for a fraction of a second.

"I believe he once played with the idea of a catalogue, but the muse of History refused to spend the rest of her days writing down various types of wine. I believe he's instead sending you a liquor cabinet that will open up onto any sort you have need or want of. I could recommend a few I've had cause to sample, but not the Lethe's fortified. The joke, of course, was that he wanted to be considerate of those who drink to forget."
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

4. - Top - End - #724

[The Banks of Acheron]

And there it was again on his talk about muses. Given that her inquiries into Charon's realm had been strictly geographical, she lacked much of the historical data that a native might otherwise think common knowledge. Taking a few moments to make sure that the rest of her forms wouldn't be in danger if something were to go horribly wrong, she took a few breaths and stepped through the misty portal... Only to stumble out the other side wide-eyed and white knuckled. "No. No. Nope, not gonna.." she hissed to herself, obviously shaken.

It would take her a few minutes to calm down at which point she would manage to string together enough words to explain just what it had felt like. "... I.. I'm. It's not.. I was still here but I wasn't and it was like I had been completely frozen but.. But I still 'felt' everything and it was like I was completely cut out of myself... If... If I'm making any sense.." she said, realizing how much she had been babbling.

5. - Top - End - #725

The Banks of Acheron

"You are not, but it doesn't seem like the most horrific fate you could have suffered. Still certainly more troubling than most. We shall have to travel overland then, my apologies that the experiment was not more pleasant, but enlightening things rarely are." Charon retrieves his reed pole from where it was balancing and uses it to stand, tapping it against a small stone and summoning his boat from within the gathering mists. It slides past the banks, slicing through the stone and sand as easily it does the rippling waters, and Charon holds out a hand to Riss, offering her an aid into the boat so that she can steady herself on the seats there.

"You can lay back if it would help you regain yourself. Sleep is a fine way to pass the time during such a long journey."

6. - Top - End - #726

[The Banks of Acheron]

While she might have been able to force herself to take his hand a few moments ago, the shock to her system had left Riss feeling quite disinclined to doing anything that would exacerbate her current state of mind even if it was more of an unconscious desire rather than a cognitive decision. As such, she would stare for a moment at the offered hand before taking the cloth she had used earlier and wrapping it around her hand several times to blunt any tactile sensation as she was helped aboard. "Sorry.. I'm.. I'm gonna need a little.." she said, getting herself into a comfortable, if perhaps a bit distant, position.

A few minutes of quiet would appear to do her some good, though, as the color had mostly returned to her features by then. "...You've mentioned other muses a few times now.. What exactly do you know, if I might ask?" she inquired a bit out of the blue. Mayhaps it would let her focus on something else than that brief, harrowing sensation.

7. - Top - End - #727
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by firedaemon33 View Post
    The White Void Thunderdome

Noelle arrives at the void and looks around. If Shoyler and Vyndris are behind her, she turns and says to them, "You ready to start this?"
    Shoyler closed his eyes, and suddenly he was here instead of Mallside. Good. That meant his new friend's teleportation spell had worked! Shoyler never did trust wizards and their teleports. He'd heard stories of men that ended up in several different places at once, and he'd hate to meet his god in several pieces.

Shoyler shakes his head, pushing away the bizarre image of body parts hopping around all over the place. He'd have time to ponder the possible negative effects of teleportation after he was safe. The cleric turns to face Noelle, his head slightly turned to the side, staring at her suspiciously yet confidently. His voice is gravelly and deep, distrust and hate apparent in his tone. How many? How many innocent men and women have you put to death so you could feed? How many lives have you and your leader destroyed? The Hoplites... The ship of victims your crew massacred... How many must die before your kind is destroyed?

His left hand begins to go for the Holy Symbol, a scale, at his neck. He gentle plays with it, his right hand moving to grab the warhammer off his back. He mentally ushers a quick prayer, activating his invisible Shield of Faith. He continues to speak. Yours is the way of unholiness.... of filth... of wanton destruction. Mine is the way of the law. Of Faith. Of Good. You know your way in the dark... But I am the sun. I will not stop until your kind is destroyed. Not until every single man, woman, and child who's experienced loss at the claws of your kind are avenged! Not until those who cheat time with their undeath are destroyed. You will not escape the light.

I am a Cleric of Kelemvor, an Agent of the Judge of the Damned, a member of the Order of the Solemn Shroud. I am Shoyler Mctowry... and you, monster...

You will be destroyed.

With that, the cleric begins to rush towards Noelle, a battlecry in his native language erupting from his lips. As he approaches her, his massive hammer begins to glow in an incredibly bright white light, the holy fire furiously raging as he moves to strike Noelle in the chest, smiting her.

8. - Top - End - #728

The Banks of Acheron -> Onwards

"They are the deities of inspiration and creativity. The fonts from which all artistic things flow forth, through the works of others who have glimpsed them, on the world I am leaving forever. Through some serendipity, they bear a striking similarity to you in both language and desire to ply their craft, which is likely a need to fill that universal constant in both of our places of origins. Your language is not precisely the same, but it's similar enough that I can understand, as if you had a slight accent." Charon begins sticking the butt of his pole into the ground, causing the boat to glide forwards smoothly and without slowing. Each time he thrusts it into the ground, the boat accelerates slightly.

9. - Top - End - #729
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    Shoyler closed his eyes, and suddenly he was here instead of Mallside. Good. That meant his new friend's teleportation spell had worked! Shoyler never did trust wizards and their teleports. He'd heard stories of men that ended up in several different places at once, and he'd hate to meet his god in several pieces.

Shoyler shakes his head, pushing away the bizarre image of body parts hopping around all over the place. He'd have time to ponder the possible negative effects of teleportation after he was safe. The cleric turns to face Noelle, his head slightly turned to the side, staring at her suspiciously yet confidently. His voice is gravelly and deep, distrust and hate apparent in his tone. How many? How many innocent men and women have you put to death so you could feed? How many lives have you and your leader destroyed? The Hoplites... The ship of victims your crew massacred... How many must die before your kind is destroyed?

His left hand begins to go for the Holy Symbol, a scale, at his neck. He gentle plays with it, his right hand moving to grab the warhammer off his back. He mentally ushers a quick prayer, activating his invisible Shield of Faith. He continues to speak. Yours is the way of unholiness.... of filth... of wanton destruction. Mine is the way of the law. Of Faith. Of Good. You know your way in the dark... But I am the sun. I will not stop until your kind is destroyed. Not until every single man, woman, and child who's experienced loss at the claws of your kind are avenged! Not until those who cheat time with their undeath are destroyed. You will not escape the light.

I am a Cleric of Kelemvor, an Agent of the Judge of the Damned, a member of the Order of the Solemn Shroud. I am Shoyler Mctowry... and you, monster...

You will be destroyed.

With that, the cleric begins to rush towards Noelle, a battlecry in his native language erupting from his lips. As he approaches her, his massive hammer begins to glow in an incredibly bright white light, the holy fire furiously raging as he moves to strike Noelle in the chest, smiting her.

Noelle deftly hops to the side of the swing and says, grinning, "Aw, don't be that way. I'm sure you'll understand my point of view soon enough, though," as she lunges at Shoyler, trying to cut the backs of his legs.

10. - Top - End - #730
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkcomet View Post
    [Trip Plot]

N'alae catches the...odd handcuffs, and unless they're made to be impossible to teleport or something, they vanish in that swirling green light effect her transporter antics get accompanied by.

Guess she stashed them...somewhere. Transporter pattern buffers are weird.

"If heavy combat becomes an issue, I believe I can cover it," she says, not elaborating. "My species exhibits superior physical strength to humans, and I have access to a few heavily classified tricks." The insinuation being 'don't speak of what I do here, ever.'

"That said, if either of you feel another ally is in order, I have no objections."
    Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Trip Plot

Spako would shrug, but he just did that.
    "I mean, I'd say that it'd be useful to have, but that would be thinking sensibly, which doesn't seem to be the proper course of action at the moment."

Trip Plot

"In this case, let me grab two."
    Wolfy says with a small smile before reaching with both arms and simply grabbing two people and pulling them through time and space. The first is a tall woman, thin and pale, but heavily armored. Sorta. Like the three before her, this one is costumed in what looks to be a cosplay attempt at a mechanized suit that leaves very little to the imagination when it comes to the woman in it. That said, the dual chainguns on the right arm and micro-missile pods on her look like they'll be rather intimidating if they're functional.

And they are.

As for the second person, also a female(albeit shorter), she's dressed in a nun's outfit without the hat thing, revealing a bright multi-hued mohawk and plenty of face studs and/or piercings. "Meet Ghoul and Little Sister Chopshop. No, really, she has more metal than most cars and more rivets than the USS Enterprise."

As before, the pair will have all the items they're used to carrying, just put in new places to fit with the outfit.

11. - Top - End - #731
    Ogre in the Playground

Noelle deftly hops to the side of the swing and says, grinning, "Aw, don't be that way. I'm sure you'll understand my point of view soon enough, though," as she lunges at Shoyler, trying to cut the backs of his legs.
    Due to the vampire's dodge, the swing misses it's mark, instead smashing into the ground. Had the arena's ground been composed of rock or mulch, there'd be a fairly substantial where Justice's hammer head struck. However, the hammer simnly bounces lightly, causing Shoyler's gauntletted hands to sting slightly. It's inherently obvious that taking a blow from Justice would be fatal to all but the strongest of foes, even without the Holy Magic. As Noelle moves in to scrape and slice at his legs, she might feel a horrific burning sensation as her arm approaches within a foot and a half of Shoyler's armored body. The Shield of Faith he'd cast was a fairly strong spell, capable of absorbing magical shots, and burning any unholy or evil creature that strayed too close.

The cleric moves back now, a strong leg placed behind him as he turned upon the balls of his feet to face Noelle. He doesn't strike this round, but stays his ground firmly. He knew that his Shield of Faith couldn't protect him for more than a few rounds, but Noelle certainly didn't. He'd use that to his advantage... You cannot strike me down. I have my god watching over him, protecting me, inspiring me. He'll begin to now very slowly and confidently advance towards Noelle, holding his warhammer tightly. In a few rounds his magical barrier would fade away, so he figured it'd be a good plaan to utilize it while he could.

You will be judged, Monster.

12. - Top - End - #732
    Orc in the Playground

[Trip Plot]

N'alae does not look towards the newcomers at first. "NX, Constitution, Constitution refit, Excelsior, Ambassador, Galaxy, Sovereign, pre-spaceflight?" N'alae deadpans.

No one else here is likely to get it.

Then she does look over there. Ghoul's...outfit...in particular prompts a brief double take and causes her to cast an accusatory look towards the deity present before she goes on.

"All that said, hello, unfortunate newcomers. Emissary N'alae, Altaran Irregulars, attempt anything unpleasant towards me and you will be charged accordingly, etc etc. You are here because this...entity...has chosen us to try to deal with an errant fragment of its. We are supposed to capture it somehow, despite its invulnerability, and our only direction given is 'up', with a caveat that it is not very useful with gravity in flux."

She seems to be trying to be helpful. Or perhaps trying to take charge.
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

13. - Top - End - #733
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Due to the vampire's dodge, the swing misses it's mark, instead smashing into the ground. Had the arena's ground been composed of rock or mulch, there'd be a fairly substantial where Justice's hammer head struck. However, the hammer simnly bounces lightly, causing Shoyler's gauntletted hands to sting slightly. It's inherently obvious that taking a blow from Justice would be fatal to all but the strongest of foes, even without the Holy Magic. As Noelle moves in to scrape and slice at his legs, she might feel a horrific burning sensation as her arm approaches within a foot and a half of Shoyler's armored body. The Shield of Faith he'd cast was a fairly strong spell, capable of absorbing magical shots, and burning any unholy or evil creature that strayed too close.

The cleric moves back now, a strong leg placed behind him as he turned upon the balls of his feet to face Noelle. He doesn't strike this round, but stays his ground firmly. He knew that his Shield of Faith couldn't protect him for more than a few rounds, but Noelle certainly didn't. He'd use that to his advantage... You cannot strike me down. I have my god watching over him, protecting me, inspiring me. He'll begin to now very slowly and confidently advance towards Noelle, holding his warhammer tightly. In a few rounds his magical barrier would fade away, so he figured it'd be a good plaan to utilize it while he could.

You will be judged, Monster.

Noelle breaks off her attack when she starts to burn, and, at Shoyler's words, nods and says, "I see. But your god cannot protect you forever, can he...And I can wait. I have all the time in the world, after all." With that, she transforms into a bat and flies high above Shoyler's head, buzzing him occasionally to see if his holy shield has worn off.

14. - Top - End - #734
    Dwarf in the Playground

Trip Plot

'Chopshop' Looks around. "I'm way too sober for this. What am I wearing? Also, that's not my nick. I haven't seen Chopshop in months. I'm Spines."

15. - Top - End - #735
    Ogre in the Playground

Trip Plot

Spako makes a sound somewhat akin to 'pssh' "Dragon names are unpronounceable, but at least they're original.
    Anyway! Spako. Nice to meetcha and all that. I'll be doing the stabbing of things. And the playing of music if somehow necessary. And the complaining, in all likelihood. I got a wig and she gets missiles? Sheesh. And probably blasting the things that don't like the tech-y way of doing it. Regardless, welcome aboard."
    says the partly-brassy kobold, sounding oddly honest and cheery among his sarcasm.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

16. - Top - End - #736
    Ogre in the Playground

Noelle breaks off her attack when she starts to burn, and, at Shoyler's words, nods and says, "I see. But your god cannot protect you forever, can he...And I can wait. I have all the time in the world, after all." With that, she transforms into a bat and flies high above Shoyler's head, buzzing him occasionally to see if his holy shield has worn off.
    The shield is invisible, so it'd be difficult to distinguish whether or not the painful defensive spell is still up. It was exactly what he was counting on. The enemy would be wary of attacking, lest the shield burn them again. He'd won plenty a battle with intimidation tactics on his side. The giant hammer helped too. As Noelle begins to fly above his head Shoyler stands his ground firmly, his gaze determined. In another round, the shield is gone. Now, he waits for the bat to descend, aiming to take a swing at the creature should it approach. Come down here and fight! Cowardice is rare even among a kind as despicable as you. I am protected, as I will always be. In life he is my power. In death he'll be my guide. But when you're defeated, you'll have nothing but the blackness of oblivion.

I fight for the good of mankind. What do you fight for, hmm? Nothing.

17. - Top - End - #737
    Titan in the Playground

Noelle gives Shoyler a quick buzz with all the grace and speed of a bat hunting an insect. All the while, her mind is busy, formulating a snarky response to his words. Who does she fight for? Well, the woman she loves, for one.

18. - Top - End - #738
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    The Clockwork Fortress >> The TARDIS

Once inside the TARDIS, Decker flops down on the floor and leans back against one of the random vertical rails. "So what did they do to you? Tongue removal? Mindwipe? Mindwipe by forcing too many ice cream headaches? All of the above?"
    [The TARDIS]

Kal slumps against one of the control panels, somehow not managing to press anything important and cause the TARDIS to explode into tiny pieces... maybe.

"I... what... how did you do that?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

19. - Top - End - #739
    Troll in the Playground

The TARDIS

Decker looks up at Kal. "What, the curtsey? You have no idea how many times I had to practice that. And for what? What is the purpose of it? IT HAS NO PURPOSE! How is that ever going to be relevant to the general of Hell's Army?" She scootches across the floor, reaches up, and hits a couple of buttons, seemingly at random. "Pull that lever towards you. The gold one, not the blue one." Should he do so, the THWOOP! TWHOOP! sound will start up as the TARDIS leaps into the time vortex.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

20. - Top - End - #740
    Ogre in the Playground

Noelle gives Shoyler a quick buzz with all the grace and speed of a bat hunting an insect. All the while, her mind is busy, formulating a snarky response to his words. Who does she fight for? Well, the woman she loves, for one.
    As she flies past, Shoyler moves back slightly, not willing to get too close to the thing. A vampire was a threat, but in it's bat form it could pass on all sorts of diseases. Bats are nasty creatures. She doesn't seem to reply, and last time he checked vampires in bat form could speak, which means she mustn't have been able to respond. Ahhh... See there? You can't even respond to me. That's because inside, you know I'm in the right, while you're in the wrong.

You feel no guilt for the people you've killed? Nothing?
    He continues to turn a bit, always trying to face the bat, never letting it get behind him to possibly flank the cleric.

21. - Top - End - #741
    Titan in the Playground

As she flies past, Shoyler moves back slightly, not willing to get too close to the thing. A vampire was a threat, but in it's bat form it could pass on all sorts of diseases. Bats are nasty creatures. She doesn't seem to reply, and last time he checked vampires in bat form could speak, which means she mustn't have been able to respond. Ahhh... See there? You can't even respond to me. That's because inside, you know I'm in the right, while you're in the wrong.

You feel no guilt for the people you've killed? Nothing?
    He continues to turn a bit, always trying to face the bat, never letting it get behind him to possibly flank the cleric.
    Noelle buzzes him again, and, noting the shield has gone down, land and says, "What do I fight for? I fight for two things. I fight for the woman I love, and I fight for myself. And you know what, though? What cause we fight for doesn't matter. All that matters are what we're doing here, right now. Your god's protection has left you. Which means now it's just me and you. And I intend to win. As for guilt, I don't kill people unless they've tried to kill me first. I feel no guilt for my attackers." With that, she charges Shoyler, trying to slide in under his guard and stab him in the gut.

22. - Top - End - #742
    Ogre in the Playground

Noelle buzzes him again, and, noting the shield has gone down, land and says, "What do I fight for? I fight for two things. I fight for the woman I love, and I fight for myself. And you know what, though? What cause we fight for doesn't matter. All that matters are what we're doing here, right now. Your god's protection has left you. Which means now it's just me and you. And I intend to win. As for guilt, I don't kill people unless they've tried to kill me first. I feel no guilt for my attackers." With that, she charges Shoyler, trying to slide in under his guard and stab him in the gut.
    Shoyler's face curls into a visage of disgust as he listens to her reply. This.... thing had a lover? Disgusting. Bah! You murder and destroy for a woman? You're sick, monster. As she draws near to him, he raises his hammer up, the hilt in both his hands, a purely defensive position. Noelle moves in and successfully strikes at Shoyler, though his silvered steel armor probably deflects her dagger. Heavy Armor had its uses. As she gets near, Shoyler moves to punch at her forehead with the hammer hilt. Should he succeed he'll also aim a powerful kick with his thick boots, aiming to knock Noelle down hard. So the entire crew of hoplites you massacred attacked you first? You are a lair, monster. Kelemvor guides my hand. Always. Here, there, anywhere. He is with me.

23. - Top - End - #743
    Titan in the Playground

Shoyler's face curls into a visage of disgust as he listens to her reply. This.... thing had a lover? Disgusting. Bah! You murder and destroy for a woman? You're sick, monster. As she draws near to him, he raises his hammer up, the hilt in both his hands, a purely defensive position. Noelle moves in and successfully strikes at Shoyler, though his silvered steel armor probably deflects her dagger. Heavy Armor had its uses. As she gets near, Shoyler moves to punch at her forehead with the hammer hilt. Should he succeed he'll also aim a powerful kick with his thick boots, aiming to knock Noelle down hard. So the entire crew of hoplites you massacred attacked you first? You are a lair, monster. Kelemvor guides my hand. Always. Here, there, anywhere. He is with me.
    Noelle is knocked back by Shoyler's punch and stumbles back, though she is able to dodge the kick. She takes a second to catch her breath and regenerate the hammer bruise as she says, "Is that all I am to you? A monster? Just a beast to be put down?" She shakes her head and continues, "I'm still the same person I was, even if my heart's not beating anymore. You don't have the right to kill me. Your faith in your god blinds you to the fact that we are not monsters...We are people. Our bodies may be different, but our minds are not."

24. - Top - End - #744
    Ogre in the Playground

Noelle is knocked back by Shoyler's punch and stumbles back, though she is able to dodge the kick. She takes a second to catch her breath and regenerate the hammer bruise as she says, "Is that all I am to you? A monster? Just a beast to be put down?" She shakes her head and continues, "I'm still the same person I was, even if my heart's not beating anymore. You don't have the right to kill me. Your faith in your god blinds you to the fact that we are not monsters...We are people. Our bodies may be different, but our minds are not."
    He doesn't wait for her to recover this time, instead moving onto the offense. Instead of swinging the hammer and risking missing and opening himself up again to her diseased claws and teeth, he points the hammer end like one would hold a shotgun at Noelle. The hammer was magical, and could fire holy flames out the end. Highly effect as a powerful ranged attack against monsters when the crossbow wasn't available. And so, Shoyler will slowly walk forward, firing the weapon again and again. The blasts only require two seconds to recharge, so a fair amount of the flaming white fireballs will be launched her way. As he fires, he speaks. That's exactly what you are. You're a monster like a rabid dog, unable to control itself. Killing, biting, and clawing with no regard to the innocent. Like the rabid animal you are, you must be put down. You force my hand, filth.

Body?! Mind?! You're a beast! An unholy creation spawned from dark rituals and born of dark gods! You're always evil. The moment you were turned and tainted blood filled your rotting veins you became nothing more than an animal.

And as you said.... You must be put down.

25. - Top - End - #745
    Titan in the Playground

He doesn't wait for her to recover this time, instead moving onto the offense. Instead of swinging the hammer and risking missing and opening himself up again to her diseased claws and teeth, he points the hammer end like one would hold a shotgun at Noelle. The hammer was magical, and could fire holy flames out the end. Highly effect as a powerful ranged attack against monsters when the crossbow wasn't available. And so, Shoyler will slowly walk forward, firing the weapon again and again. The blasts only require two seconds to recharge, so a fair amount of the flaming white fireballs will be launched her way. As he fires, he speaks. That's exactly what you are. You're a monster like a rabid dog, unable to control itself. Killing, biting, and clawing with no regard to the innocent. Like the rabid animal you are, you must be put down. You force my hand, filth.

Body?! Mind?! You're a beast! An unholy creation spawned from dark rituals and born of dark gods! You're always evil. The moment you were turned and tainted blood filled your rotting veins you became nothing more than an animal.

And as you said.... You must be put down.
    Noelle opens her mouth to reply, but when she sees the fireballs, she hits the deck, and rolls towards Shoyler, making to him, while rather singed, more-or-less unharmed. She rises to her knee, swiping at his legs, and saying, "Oh? Is that what I am, cleric? I could say the same about you. You, who genocide whatever you consider to be 'unholy'. You are far worse than I."

26. - Top - End - #746
    Ogre in the Playground

Noelle opens her mouth to reply, but when she sees the fireballs, she hits the deck, and rolls towards Shoyler, making to him, while rather singed, more-or-less unharmed. She rises to her knee, swiping at his legs, and saying, "Oh? Is that what I am, cleric? I could say the same about you. You, who genocide whatever you consider to be 'unholy'. You are far worse than I."
    Shoyler scoffs at her reply, obviously amused by her words. Bull****. What I do isn't genocide! It's righting the world of evil. Of darkness. Of the twisted monstrosities that the hells spit out at us! And you're one of them. Your kind is one of darkest and cruelest abominations to ever exist upon our plane. Your mere existence unhallows the very ground you stand upon! You feed on human beings and... infects them with your filth...

I don't expect you to see just how disgusting your perfidious kind is. I expect you to die.

As Noelle draws nearer, she slices at his knees, attempting to knock the cleric down. Her blades scratch at the steel plate bracers he wears, not doing much for damage due to the armor. However, it does cause the cleric to lose his balance. He wasn't expecting an attack from below. He'll fall backwards, landing on his rear as he falls. However, as he descends, he brings the hammer down with him, aiming to crush Noelle's skull with the mighty hammer.

27. - Top - End - #747
    Titan in the Playground

Shoyler scoffs at her reply, obviously amused by her words. Bull****. What I do isn't genocide! It's righting the world of evil. Of darkness. Of the twisted monstrosities that the hells spit out at us! And you're one of them. Your kind is one of darkest and cruelest abominations to ever exist upon our plane. Your mere existence unhallows the very ground you stand upon! You feed on human beings and... infects them with your filth...

I don't expect you to see just how disgusting your perfidious kind is. I expect you to die.

As Noelle draws nearer, she slices at his knees, attempting to knock the cleric down. Her blades scratch at the steel plate bracers he wears, not doing much for damage due to the armor. However, it does cause the cleric to lose his balance. He wasn't expecting an attack from below. He'll fall backwards, landing on his rear as he falls. However, as he descends, he brings the hammer down with him, aiming to crush Noelle's skull with the mighty hammer.
    Noelle springs up, and then falls with Shoyler, dictating the crash so that she lands on top of him, and fouling any attempt to beat her with the hammer. She tries to cover his mouth and nose with one hand and pin his shoulder with the other as she says, "Is that not what all the people who tried to wipe a race from the face of the earth say? That they are abominations?" She pauses for a moment and continues, "No matter. You will become one of us soon enough," as she tries to bite at his throat and drain a little of his blood. Not enough to violate the agreement, but enough to make him feel weaker...And give Noelle a nice taste of the Cleric.

28. - Top - End - #748

[Onwards]
    ((Sorry about this taking so long. It's been a bit tough getting things running for some reason.))

Riss quietly nodded while listening to the ferryman. She had no real proof to confirm or deny the notion but given just how asynchronous the Nexus seemed to be in it's claiming of souls, the idea that there existed a common ancestor was a mildly amusing one albeit quickly discarded. Really there probably wasn't much of a way to test that without knowing everything in between and the muse hadn't exactly ever been in the position nor possessing of the inclination to delve into her ancestral culture. I doubt that the whole deific thing would have been easily forgotten even then... And I'm pretty certain that where I was from, such things weren't exactly permitted by the rules in place.

Pursuing that line of thought until it stopped being interesting, Riss hesitated on a topic that she had wanted to inquire after for a while but now that she was in a place to ask it, found herself dreading the answer. It would be a little while until she had been able to properly calm down before she could summon the force of will to breech it. "Charon... What happens when.. Say, a spirit of some sort were to die? Do they come here as well?" she asked, not doing a terribly good job of keeping her tone appropriate for simple academic curiosity.

[Trip Plot]
    ((I deeply apologize for the delay. I've just had a rough time getting my brain in gear))

Ghoul's first words, aside from the hissing in discomfort at the presence of divine powers, succinctly summed up her thoughts at suddenly being in not only a strange place but wearing strange clothes amongst strange people. "...The **** is this ****?" The fact that her arm seemed to be harnessed into the double-chain gun only served to be bewildering and the weight of the missile pods was strange to say the least. Nearly immediately, her hand shot upwards to the crest on her head which seemed to have incorporated a gemstone not quit in keeping with the overall outfit. It was kind of strange how she always knew where that thing was hiding.. Though given her current lack of material possessions aside from clothes, there wouldn't be any other aberrant additions to her imposed garb.

"...Okay so we're supposed to catch something that's gone off on it's own? Any idea what this thing even looks like or is this a 'know it when we see it' thing?" she asked, lips curled in displeasure at the situation. Nothing she could really do about it until she got her bearings, thought, so might as well play along. "And no idea what you're jabbering about aside from the space-flight bit, Miss Emissary. At least the micro-dragon has the right idea for introductions. Myself I'm more used to covert ops but I can handle 'going loud' given my loadout... Wouldn't say no to some extra armor if either of you have any hidden away, though." she said, indicating the rather.. Lacking coverage her current getup had. Sure, she rather liked her wiry build but if there was going to be combat as the weapons suggested then showing off her numerous scars, thin as they may be, was not likely the best course of action.

29. - Top - End - #749

Gliding Away

"If they came from here, it is possible. This is but one direction for those done with the journey of life to head, when they are ready to move forward. One that will see little use now, without a ferryman to send them across the waters. Perhaps Hades will pay for the construction of a toll bridge to replace me." The thought seems to endlessly amuse him.

"Do you have a particular reason for asking? I would be happy to set your mind to rest if there is something related to the afterlife troubling you."

30. - Top - End - #750
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    DC
    Re: [Nexus] Random Places and Plots 8: Adventures! Thrills! Groceries!
    [Trip Plot]

N'alae does not look towards the newcomers at first. "NX, Constitution, Constitution refit, Excelsior, Ambassador, Galaxy, Sovereign, pre-spaceflight?" N'alae deadpans.

No one else here is likely to get it.

Then she does look over there. Ghoul's...outfit...in particular prompts a brief double take and causes her to cast an accusatory look towards the deity present before she goes on.

"All that said, hello, unfortunate newcomers. Emissary N'alae, Altaran Irregulars, attempt anything unpleasant towards me and you will be charged accordingly, etc etc. You are here because this...entity...has chosen us to try to deal with an errant fragment of its. We are supposed to capture it somehow, despite its invulnerability, and our only direction given is 'up', with a caveat that it is not very useful with gravity in flux."

She seems to be trying to be helpful. Or perhaps trying to take charge.

----
    LDK

Trip Plot

Spako makes a sound somewhat akin to 'pssh' "Dragon names are unpronounceable, but at least they're original.
    Anyway! Spako. Nice to meetcha and all that. I'll be doing the stabbing of things. And the playing of music if somehow necessary. And the complaining, in all likelihood. I got a wig and she gets missiles? Sheesh. And probably blasting the things that don't like the tech-y way of doing it. Regardless, welcome aboard." says the partly-brassy kobold, sounding oddly honest and cheery among his sarcasm.

---

Lost_Deep
    Trip Plot

'Chopshop' Looks around. "I'm way too sober for this. What am I wearing? Also, that's not my nick. I haven't seen Chopshop in months. I'm Spines."

----
    Teru
    ((I deeply apologize for the delay. I've just had a rough time getting my brain in gear))

Ghoul's first words, aside from the hissing in discomfort at the presence of divine powers, succinctly summed up her thoughts at suddenly being in not only a strange place but wearing strange clothes amongst strange people. "...The **** is this ****?" The fact that her arm seemed to be harnessed into the double-chain gun only served to be bewildering and the weight of the missile pods was strange to say the least. Nearly immediately, her hand shot upwards to the crest on her head which seemed to have incorporated a gemstone not quit in keeping with the overall outfit. It was kind of strange how she always knew where that thing was hiding.. Though given her current lack of material possessions aside from clothes, there wouldn't be any other aberrant additions to her imposed garb.

"...Okay so we're supposed to catch something that's gone off on it's own? Any idea what this thing even looks like or is this a 'know it when we see it' thing?" she asked, lips curled in displeasure at the situation. Nothing she could really do about it until she got her bearings, thought, so might as well play along. "And no idea what you're jabbering about aside from the space-flight bit, Miss Emissary. At least the micro-dragon has the right idea for introductions. Myself I'm more used to covert ops but I can handle 'going loud' given my loadout... Wouldn't say no to some extra armor if either of you have any hidden away, though." she said, indicating the rather.. Lacking coverage her current getup had. Sure, she rather liked her wiry build but if there was going to be combat as the weapons suggested then showing off her numerous scars, thin as they may be, was not likely the best course of action.

---
    LDK!
    Spako looks down a little self-consciously. ”Micro…? I would have settled for little, or mini...but I don’t think I’m that short am I?” he mutters to himself, before perking up a little.
    “Well Miss, I’ve got some armor in my pack sized for humans, although by your standards it might be a bit...what’s the word you use for ‘archaic?’ Old-school? Whatever. I’m fairly sure that it’s magic, so you don’t have to worry about the fit. “ says the kobold, already brightening at the chance to be useful to the group. He reaches into his pack (I don’t know if it’s suddenly basketball-themed but I couldn’t think of any container based on that. Maybe a gym bag?) and pulls out a collection of armor which he’s strung together or put into separate bags. It’s Roman-style, and clearly of very high quality. It’s mostly normal leather and metal colors with overlapping bands, with a few black and red accents. According to Earl and Obliviom’s armour conversation that style or armor was pretty much the best armour design for a while until making chainmail was really mastered, so even if it’s old it should still be fully-functional, plus this set is magic, although I’ll need to find Earl’s old Outside post to go into detail about its powers.

Trip Plot

Spako's bag wasn't changed.

"I was aiming for Pre-Spaceflgiht.
    " Wolfy tells N'alae before frowning at Spako. "Hey, I offered weapons. It's not my fault you didn't use the opportunity to gear up." Wolfy points out. "That's why I decided to give her the chain guns and missile pods." He admits before looking at Ghoul. "By the way, there's no need for ammo on those. Chainguns give an assault of 20 rounds once a minute and the mini-missiles are 10 every five minutes. Their yield isn't much, but they swarm and track." He explains.

"As for what you're wearing Spines, it's a nun's outfit. Generally it's the very ideal of a virtuous lifestyle. I figured the irony would be appreciated."

"And yes, 'Up'. As to that being a vague direction, have any of you bothered to look up yet?"
    He asks with a raised eyebrow.