New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2439404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1509
  1. - Top - End - #1441
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] The Outside XXXIX

Riddlewood Graveyard

The axe and armour can both be salvaged from the dessicated corpse. The armour's easy to remove as the body is turning to dust. The armour automatically repairs itself, but as it's only bronze it isn't as effective at preventing harm than more modern armour. It is, however, non-magnetic.

The bone axe is likewise non-magnetic, and also causes far more pain to whomever it hits than it should, especially as it's also got a minor healing effect on the blade- it's an axe designed to cause a slow and painful death.

Inside the sarcophagus are a pair of rubies the size of the pinkie's fingernail, a plain gold ring and a scroll detailing a potion that causes somebody to die and come back as a Revenant. There's also no light falling into the sarcophagus, as the angle is wrong.

Inside the chest, the loot is much easier to find. There's a set of white, diaphanous robes, a pair of hobnailed leather boots, an iron wand, a wand made from the thigh bone of something humanoid, a metre-long rod made of polished mammoth ivory and two boxes, one labelled 'Dehydrated Mountains', the other 'Dehydrated Castles'. There are twelve grey cubes in each box.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

2. - Top - End - #1442
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Riddlewood Graveyard]

You think so? This is sort of my first adventure. And... well, I guess I'm glad to find out that all the theory I've been learning really works! The redheaded wizard laughs. She'd feel awful silly if her magic failed. For the few seconds she'd have left before the revenant messily killed her. Tovia uses her headlamp to make sure they found everything. Then she gets Misaka's help to carry everything across the moat and over to the ladder, where a length of paracord can be used to pull each item up to the top. That way they can lay the loot all out in the sun.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

3. - Top - End - #1443
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox View Post
    [Riddlewood Graveyard]

You think so? This is sort of my first adventure. And... well, I guess I'm glad to find out that all the theory I've been learning really works! The redheaded wizard laughs. She'd feel awful silly if her magic failed. For the few seconds she'd have left before the revenant messily killed her. Tovia uses her headlamp to make sure they found everything. Then she gets Misaka's help to carry everything across the moat and over to the ladder, where a length of paracord can be used to pull each item up to the top. That way they can lay the loot all out in the sun.
    Of course! You did awesomely! It's my first as well, but I have combat experience. I'm planning on joining WATCHTOWER soon, too.
    Misaka replies, helping her the best she can.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

4. - Top - End - #1444
    Orc in the Playground

Riddlewood Graveyard

Fortunately, both of the boxes are sealed and watertight, so Tovia and Misaka don't have to worry about suddenly rehydrated mountains or castles in their pockets.

They've gotten everything, it seems. As mentioned, all of it (except the gemstones) are magical.

5. - Top - End - #1445

Riddlewood Graveyard

Watchtower, hmm... I used to know some people there. Perhaps I should try to reconnect with them.
    She looks at the young girl closely. May I give you some advice, Misaka?

Having done most of the violence, the esper should get first pick, Tovia thinks. The wizard anticipated an adventure with loot at the end, so she had prepared the Identify spell twice and will cast them both on objects her companion chooses. She can also rest and prepare it up to three times more, if Misaka is willing to stick around a few hours. Otherwise, she offers to give the tsundere electric pikachu her cell number and phone address, to drop by for a proper distribution of wealth once all the magic items are identified.
    Last edited by FireFox; 2014-04-06 at 06:03 PM.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

6. - Top - End - #1446

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox View Post
    Riddlewood Graveyard

Watchtower, hmm... I used to know some people there. Perhaps I should try to reconnect with them.
    She looks at the young girl closely. May I give you some advice, Misaka?

Having done most of the violence, the esper should get first pick, Tovia thinks. The wizard anticipated an adventure with loot at the end, so she had prepared the Identify spell twice and will cast them both on objects her companion chooses. She can also rest and prepare it up to three times more, if Misaka is willing to stick around a few hours. Otherwise, she offers to give the tsundere electric pikachu her cell number and phone address, to drop by for a proper distribution of wealth once all the magic items are identified.
    Misaka nods.
    "ask away!"
    She informs her she can't stick around, and says that she'll wait till they're all identified to pick. She gives Tovia her cell # as well.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

7. - Top - End - #1447
    Orc in the Playground

Riddlewood Graveyard

The robe lets the wearer turn invisible for fifteen minutes every day, an hour if it's a full moon but only five if it's a new moon. A drop of water added to the Dehydrated Mountains turns it into a small mountain, and a pinch of salt turns it back into a grey cube. The castles work in the same way, but the transformation is permanent- otherwise, the strong defensive position can be undone by a pinch of salt. There's twelve blocks of each, and the castles are Medieaval, stone, and have rounded towers. They come with a portcullis, basic furnishings, and a year's supply of food, but there's no weapons or armour of any kind inside. The hobnailed boots lets the wearer treat any solid surface as 'down', so long as it can bear their weight (so not a paper wall, for example). The iron wand summons a suit of semi-spectral platemail, giving enough mobility to cast spells without skimping too much on defence. The suit lasts for an hour. The bone wand answers one question to the best of its ability a day. The ivory rod summons a Skyrim-style mammoth with four tusks; the mammoth will let its conjurer ride it, and fight for them. The mammoth lasts until sunset or sunrise, whichever is next, and can only be used once in 24 hours. The ring projects an aura that forces away incoming projectiles, but doesn't work on energy attacks without a physical component.

8. - Top - End - #1448
    Troll in the Playground

Melody's Island

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Happy takes the bowl of soup and slurps at it, wondering why no one is answering her about Estia. Surely they didn't find out she was dead, or Jezebelle wouldn't be so calm.
    (Oops. I got so into reminding myself of Melody's injuries, I forgot to have Jezebelle answer Happy. Sorry.)

Jezebelle shook her head sadly to Happy, sitting down next to the other mother. No, we haven't heard anything from from Reinholdt nor this Quinn person, yet. I'm just trying... she lets out a breath. I'm just trying to think positive. I'm certain Reinholdt won't let anything happen to her. Right? She gives Happy a small smile, but her eyes betray her fear.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

9. - Top - End - #1449
    Troll in the Playground

Melody's Island

"Reinholdt won't let anything happen to her," Happy agrees.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

10. - Top - End - #1450
    Dwarf in the Playground

Melody's Island

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    Jezebelle quirks an eyebrow as Magtok hands Happy the soup. Is there anything I can get for you, Mister Magtok? she asks, setting the second bowl of soup aside for now.

Derek's examination of Melody's injuries:

1. All of the bruising is gone, as that has been transferred to Happy. Same with the physical head injury.
    2. There is still the broken left arm, just above her elbow.
    3. Feeling her tummy gets positive results, as there are no internal injuries.
    4. As he feels further up her torso, he'll feel a slap to the back of his head indications that her ribs are cracked, some perhaps even broken. It's while he is examining her ribs that Melody wakes with a gasp of pain. Oooooh! Riiight there. she says with a wince, grabbing for his hand.
    5. Further examination of her legs show that they are also fine. Except when he gets to her left foot. It looks as if her pinkie toe has been cut off, crudely. Likely by a rock.
    Derek's hand is easily grabbed. An embaressed smile comes across his face. "Sorry about that. It doesn't look to bad to me. I think I can get you up on your feet in an hour or so. Are you familiar with acupuncture?" He asks reaching into his bag and pulling out a small vial of of milky white liquid. He wishes he could reasure Jezebelle, but not knowing anything he decides to focus on helping Melody for now.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

11. - Top - End - #1451
    Halfling in the Playground

[Lost Temple]

A short distance away from the temple, a winged figure in white robes is crouched down low to the ground, trying to get a good view of the place without giving herself away...

Ithuriel the angel has some previous...personal experience with being converted to a demon. She has a personal stake in this matter...

But she's not alone. She turns to her companion with a whisper, "What do you think, Dena? You know better than I do, how suicidal would it be to take the direct approach? And how long should we wait? Other people might want to take a shot at the bounty. The more of us there are, the better a chance we'll stand."
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

12. - Top - End - #1452

[Lost Temple]

"I think the boss was crazy for using the wall as a medium. Now the whole place will be expecting an attack at any moment, this won't be a dungeon run, it will be an outright fight against a horde of demons, ghouls and whatever else is hiding in there. So yeah we need an small army to go through the place now." The drow sigh. "So we better wait. I'm gonna use Violet to do some scouting." She plucks a small ball-shaped drone out of her pocket which immediately takes to the air. It was best to scout from the air first in case they were waiting for something.

"In any case, there are two entrances into the temple, but they might have sealed one of them now for all I know." Dena says while the drone takes to the skies, planning to look at the temple from above with it's close scan.

Mysterious Ruins

"We're technically already in the city." Zefrus replies. "Just that no one lives here anymore... there is another, new city?" He sounds hopeful.

13. - Top - End - #1453
    Titan in the Playground

Lost Temple

Well, the Altar seems to have moved back into place. However, on the surface, nothing seems to different from when Dena visited before.

14. - Top - End - #1454
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    The Silver Keep

That's done it then.
    The sound of armored footsteps echoes down from the walls as the first knight sounds his horn, calling out the alarm. His companion lowers his spear, setting his feet firmly agains the ground in a defensive stance.
    "And what are you then? A would-be dragonslayer? Move on! We've seen worse than your kind!"

Apparently they don't take kindly to ominous declarations around these parts.
    "I'm a messenger from your future, but apparently appreciation for drama hasn't been invented yet." The traveler lifts her gun, smiling sadly. "Allow me into the walls without any trouble, and I won't change the past any more than it needs to."
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2014-04-08 at 09:23 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

15. - Top - End - #1455
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[Ebon Citadel]

Cyrus raises an eyebrow, before taking a deep breath and going for a doughnut to stall for a few seconds. Eventually though, the awkward silence returns as he can't excuse himself with additional chewing, and he speaks instead.

"I, uh...huh. I mean, I guess it might be the green magic giving you sort of a feel for the life around you, but I'm not really sure where the art came from." He twiddles his thumbs a bit, actually unsure how to proceed. "But from the right perspective, it might just be the most natural thing about you. Green magic, and all."

Oh, does he think he's funny...

Managing to actually sound somewhat apologetic, he finishes: "Sorry I can't be of much more help. I don't have any connection to green, so it's hard for me to really understand it."

16. - Top - End - #1456
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Mysterious Ruins

"We're technically already in the city." Zefrus replies. "Just that no one lives here anymore... there is another, new city?" He sounds hopeful.
    Mawile nods, and looks around a bit, trying to guess where she is. "<Yeah. It's crazy. They call it 'Inside' and it's full of the weirdest stuff. Lots of things that are neither Pokemon or human. It's likely nothing like your old city. If you can get me back to the side of the forest closest to the main entrance to the ruin, I think I can get us back.>"

17. - Top - End - #1457

[Ebon Citadel]

Sebastian actually chuckles at that, reaching over to take back his sketchbook. The emerald beetle crawls out of his sleeve again, moving down to it's masters fingertips to stare at it's own likeness.

"I was drawing this when the summoning... happened, I suppose. The thought came into my head and I'd created the little fellow before I thought to wonder why. It was a like, well, a second nature to me." If there's any saving grace, it's that he's deadpan enough one could, by great force of will, pretend that wasn't meant as a pun at all. Just an unfortunate choice of words.

"I've tried drawing other things. There's an odd impulse, I'd call it in an itch in the back of my skull. But I can't seem to make them come to life." His smile curls downwards with evident frustration. "I had hoped you could tell me why. Or at least what I'm supposed to be doing with this."

And asking a mass murderer for direction might not be his first choice, but it's not like any of this came with a book of instructions...

[Silver Keep]

Or maybe they're simply more inclined to appreciate dramatic gestures from people who aren't unknown, possibly dangerous and on fire.
    "I'd rather believe you're a liar, than be eaten by a dragon." The guard shoots back, applying the sharp grasp of probability that comes with staring down unpleasant death."But put that down, His spear turns to point at the strange gun on Ashna's hip, "and any other weapons, and we'll have you inside. Figure out what all this is about."

Crossbows bristle from the walls now, and more steely footsteps sound down the way. The options narrow, one way or another.
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2014-04-10 at 12:28 AM.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

18. - Top - End - #1458

[Lost Temple]

"So we don't really have any choice other than the direct approach. Alright. I can be direct." The familiar weight of her swords in their scabbards is a comforting feeling to Ithuriel right now...

"And lucky for you, you've got a one-angel army right here. It's not something I like doing any more, but trust me, I know how to fight." The angel is kind of built for fighting. "Can you see anything interesting with that little device of yours?
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

19. - Top - End - #1459
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Mysterious Mountains]

"Polearms," Wenomir says with some surprise. "This room looks like some sort of weirdly specific armoury." He approaches the door and examines it carefully for hidden switches, latches or weak point.
    "Yes..."

KR glances quickly, not at the door, but at what's around it. It might be easier to just remove the door from the frame entirely if said material is weaker, rather than try to bore through solid steel.
    Following her glance, she experimentally tries to pull one of the polearms from the rubble.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

20. - Top - End - #1460
    Orc in the Playground

Mysterious Mountains

The door's hinges seem to suggest it opens away from where they are. And as there's no sign of a lock, it should open easily. Around the door is granite, which is perhaps softer than steel- it can be but with steel tools, anyway- but is thicker. KR now has a Lochaber Axe, plucked from the rubble. It's a high-quality weapon, with a stout oaken haft and a polished steel blade. It's well-crafted, but unornamented, making it likely to be intended for practical rather than ceremonial purposes.

21. - Top - End - #1461
    Titan in the Playground

[Mysterious Mountains]

"Looks like we won't be opening this door the easy way," Wenomir says as gives the door a firm push just to be sure.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

22. - Top - End - #1462

Spoiler: Melody's Island
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    Melody's Island

Derek's hand is easily grabbed. An embaressed smile comes across his face. "Sorry about that. It doesn't look to bad to me. I think I can get you up on your feet in an hour or so. Are you familiar with acupuncture?" He asks reaching into his bag and pulling out a small vial of of milky white liquid. He wishes he could reasure Jezebelle, but not knowing anything he decides to focus on helping Melody for now.
    Melody's Island

(Oops. I got so into reminding myself of Melody's injuries, I forgot to have Jezebelle answer Happy. Sorry.)

Jezebelle shook her head sadly to Happy, sitting down next to the other mother. No, we haven't heard anything from from Reinholdt nor this Quinn person, yet. I'm just trying... she lets out a breath. I'm just trying to think positive. I'm certain Reinholdt won't let anything happen to her. Right? She gives Happy a small smile, but her eyes betray her fear.
    Melody's Island

Jezebelle quirks an eyebrow as Magtok hands Happy the soup. Is there anything I can get for you, Mister Magtok? she asks, setting the second bowl of soup aside for now.

Derek's examination of Melody's injuries:

1. All of the bruising is gone, as that has been transferred to Happy. Same with the physical head injury.
    2. There is still the broken left arm, just above her elbow.
    3. Feeling her tummy gets positive results, as there are no internal injuries.
    4. As he feels further up her torso, he'll feel a slap to the back of his head indications that her ribs are cracked, some perhaps even broken. It's while he is examining her ribs that Melody wakes with a gasp of pain. Oooooh! Riiight there. she says with a wince, grabbing for his hand.
    5. Further examination of her legs show that they are also fine. Except when he gets to her left foot. It looks as if her pinkie toe has been cut off, crudely. Likely by a rock.

Magtok shifts uncomfortably and goes silent at the mention of Reinholdt. His distrust and distaste for the cat is no secret, especially with their ugly mutual history.

"I'm, err, fine, Jezebelle. Just a little rattled, is all. This was supposed to just be a friendly visit and stuff."
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

23. - Top - End - #1463
    Troll in the Playground

Melody's Island

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    "Reinholdt won't let anything happen to her," Happy agrees.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Magtok shifts uncomfortably and goes silent at the mention of Reinholdt. His distrust and distaste for the cat is no secret, especially with their ugly mutual history.

"I'm, err, fine, Jezebelle. Just a little rattled, is all. This was supposed to just be a friendly visit and stuff."
    Jezebelle smiles kindly at Magtok. "I'm sorry. I wish I could do something to make you feel more comfortable. she looks around, not knowing what else to say or do. Then she looks back to Happy. "Do you like the soup?"

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    Derek's hand is easily grabbed. An embaressed smile comes across his face. "Sorry about that. It doesn't look too bad to me. I think I can get you up on your feet in an hour or so. Are you familiar with acupuncture?" He asks reaching into his bag and pulling out a small vial of of milky white liquid. He wishes he could reasure Jezebelle, but not knowing anything he decides to focus on helping Melody for now.
    Melody raises an eyebrow. That's the pincushion-thing, right? Never tried it before. You really think it'll work? she looks over to her broken arm. Hopefully that's not your plan for mending this. she says, a little amused.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

24. - Top - End - #1464

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Mawile nods, and looks around a bit, trying to guess where she is. "<Yeah. It's crazy. They call it 'Inside' and it's full of the weirdest stuff. Lots of things that are neither Pokemon or human. It's likely nothing like your old city. If you can get me back to the side of the forest closest to the main entrance to the ruin, I think I can get us back.>"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnrlshrimp View Post
    [Lost Temple]

"So we don't really have any choice other than the direct approach. Alright. I can be direct." The familiar weight of her swords in their scabbards is a comforting feeling to Ithuriel right now...

"And lucky for you, you've got a one-angel army right here. It's not something I like doing any more, but trust me, I know how to fight." The angel is kind of built for fighting. "Can you see anything interesting with that little device of yours?
    [Lost Temple]

"I rather avoid potential fights, but I guess that isn't our mission right now. Normally I'd want at least ten adventurers with me, plus that rancor." She glances at Ithuriel. "But I guess one angel will do. You're super effective against demons and undead right?" She reaches into her claok and picks out her scrying goblet and water which should show what Violet is seeing right now.

Which is nothing interesting. "No one seems to be outside at least, nor have they blocked either entrance. I smell trap. But... I saw we should pick the back entrance. They might not know that I learned of it during my scout mission."

[Mysterious Temple]

"Inside? I assume that's an translation." Zefrus looks rather confused. "But... I could lead you around the city grounds until you start recognizing something. There are several entrances to the city after all." He starts leading her around, soon reaching another idol marking the entrance to the ruins, which indeed is where Mawile entered. She can see those strange black mushrooms growing in a circle around it...

25. - Top - End - #1465
    Titan in the Playground

Lost Temple

The pair are able to enter temple without incident, if they so desire. If they approach the altar, however, a voice from seemingly nowhere begins to talk, saying, "Oooh...The same fly from earlier, back to the spider's web...How fascinating. And I see you've brought an angel with you...You'll be fun for sure." With that, it starts laughing until it cuts off a few seconds later.
    Last edited by Ionbound; 2014-04-10 at 08:38 PM.

26. - Top - End - #1466
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mysterious Temple

"<If it is, no one's told me. They literally call it 'Inside.'>" She'll follow Zefrus until she recognizes the statue, and will lead from there to inside.

27. - Top - End - #1467
    Ogre in the Playground

Decaying Orbit-->Crater

For the last few hours, a twinkling star has been visible on the night sky.

Only it's daytime and that's not a star. The shuddering voidship spirals down towards the surface of the Nexus, slowly at first but now gaining speed. Pieces of its broken carcass burst into flames and rip off, shattering and burning as they fill the sky with inky black smoke. The massive vessel is streaking for the ground now, the larger and larger sections of its Gothic architecture and outdated prow digging scorched furrows kilometers long as they peel off from the main body.

"No no noooo no!" Jakkal scrambles for the controls to the escape shuttle even as the safetey seal on the hatch flares and sparks, glowing bright red and then white, fusing the door. Bolt holes and las-burns scar and melt the controls, and the viewport is smeared with the insides of the pilot's chest. Jakkal briefly regrets shooting the man, then shrugs and pats his cold face, locked in a deathly grimace of pain.

"Hyoo where ah crap pi-laht hennyhwa-AAAAGH!"

The shuttle jerks, throwing the prisoner to his knees, then shrieks and rips free of the voidship, filling the compartment with heat and wind and threatening to rip Jakkal out. There's a thunderous crash as the ship smashes into the ground and goes critical, the explosion glassing several kilometers of earth and scorching life from the surface. The cataclysmic erupture shreds the shuttle and sends its emergency compartment even further away, where it plows into the ground with force no less terrifying, ripping up and burning clods of earth the size of ogryn and finally rolling and unpeeling into the side of a berm, leaving Jakkal burnt and broken, like an unconscious meat butterfly burst from a thin metal cocoon at the center of a smoking crater.
    GLORIOUS SOVIET SNAIL SUPERTECHNOLOGY

Comrade L.E.S.S. by The Mad Hatter!

Quote Originally Posted by Viper9090 View Post
    My weirdest nightmare has just been replaced.
    (Recaiden) He lives!
    (Firedaemon33) Ia! Ia! TechnoScrabble F'Taghn!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

28. - Top - End - #1468

Crater!

A girl who appears to be 17, with short, dark red hair cut in a moptop, bright hazel irises, and Caucasian skin tanned slightly from her many years of rigorous training outside, a very muscular form as a result of this as well, approaches the crater. Clad in the Recruit Uniform; a brown jacket reaching down to her waist with a shield symbol on the forearms and back, a white shirt and leggings with a complex arrangement of harnesses on the thighs and chest attached to a belt, and linked to long brown boots as well, and 3D Maneuver Gear; two rectangular boxes with spare kenn blades and a kenn handle, a grappling hook on each one, and has tanks, with propellant on a device on the back, which connects to the harness, this woman is rather odd looking. One may notice her left lower leg is prosthetic if they are very, very observant.
    She warily leans to look at the crashed ship, and after a waiting for the crater to cool, slides down to the crashed pod and searches for signs of life.
    ((she's approaching from the non Jakkal side))
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2014-04-10 at 09:16 PM.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

29. - Top - End - #1469

[Lost Temple]

"Well...I should be super-effective against demons and undead, but you never quite know, do you?" Ithuriel shrugs, midway through doing a couple of stretches to loosen up.

It's never fun having a stiff wing in combat.

Ithuriel frowns at Dena's report and waves a hand over her robe, causing it to transform into brilliant white leather armour.

She glances down at it, laughs awkwardly, and adjusts it to a dull grey with a similar hood. Might as well try and be at least a little sneaky here, right? Her hands rest on the hilts of her swords as she turns back to Dena, "Alright. I'm ready. If you think the back entrance is the best idea, then I'm not going to disagree with you. You're the one who knows her way around here." And she'll follow Dena along to the back entrance to the temple.

30. - Top - End - #1470
    Titan in the Playground

Crater

Alice, who had been following the 'meteor's' descent, more out of curiosity is nearby, yet a safe distance away when the thing crashes. She slithers the several kilometers to the crash site at high speed, out of curiosity more than anything else. After all, how often does a meteorite crash into the Nexus?...Don't answer that.

However, once she sees the state the man is in, she mutters, "Ohcrapohcrapohcrap...Okay, you can do this Alice..." She closes her eyes and a powerful wave of psychic energy emanates from her, quite likely mending Jakkal's wounds, near completely even. Once that's done, she starts trying to pull him out of the wreckage and away to safety with her six arms.