New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: AtlanteanTroll's Additional Tirade @ Atrocious Threads Random Banter #207

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthalion View Post
    But I obtained a code which is redeemable for a free pizza at Domino's within the next five days.
    You'd have to pay me to eat Domino's pizza.

"Flash is fast, Flash is cool. Francois c'est pas, flashe non due."

Seventh Doctor avatar by the too-nice-for-his-own-good Professor Gnoll!

2. - Top - End - #32
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: AtlanteanTroll's Additional Tirade @ Atrocious Threads Random Banter #207

...I've heard about that. But it is free pizza, so why not.
    Spoiler: Quote(s)
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    You're my favorite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    I'll kill them! I'll kill all of them!
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    We're crashing Wombat's wedding! WITH AN ARMY OF WOMBATS AND BUDGIES.

"So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."

3. - Top - End - #33

Still far too expensive.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yung Crunk View Post
    Still far too expensive.
    I like Dominos' >.>
    Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

5. - Top - End - #35

I had a pleasant little coincidence occur just now. I was pondering an album I had recently purchased, and decided to research it a bit more. I developed a taste of the type of music it was, during this research, and thought to myself "Gee, I could do with some symphonic prog of this variety right now." It literally just arrived in the mail. Thank you, fates! You do look out for the little guy from time to time.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Firbolg in the Playground

I object! I lived through college on that cheap garbage. It was terrible, but satisfying.
    Last edited by DraPrime; 2014-05-27 at 10:30 PM.
    "Love takes up where knowledge leaves off."
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ettin in the Playground

I've had dozens of varieties of pizza, and Dominoes was one of only three I didn't like, though it wasn't nearly as bad as the other two.
    Last edited by enderlord99; 2014-05-27 at 10:34 PM.

8. - Top - End - #38

Quote Originally Posted by DraPrime View Post
    I object! I lived through college on that cheap garbage. It was terrible, but satisfying.
    I'll take Pizza Hut if circumstances were that dire.

Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
    I've had dozens of varieties of pizza, and Dominoes was one of only three I didn't like, though it wasn't nearly as bad as the other two.
    The other two were?

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ettin in the Playground

The other two were?
    They were from daycares that I went to when I was little.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Pizza is like sex and cake. Who cares about the quality, you've got pizza-cake-sex!

Quote Originally Posted by TheWombatOfDoom View Post
    Art is always a thing I'll gladly talk about.
    Well huzzah!

I went to school for it, and graduated in 2009 with a degree in Art Education, with a generalist track, meaning I did EVERYTHING art, including by not limited to - welding, ceramics, sculpture (wood, plaster, clay, metal), painting (watercolor, oil, acrylic), photography (digital, traditional), printmaking, silkscreening, photoshop/illustrator, video editing, art history (where my history nerd card lies, forgive me), and of course, underwater basket weaving.

I'm likely missing a kind or two, but yeah...I can do everything. (though I no longer have the facilities to do half of it).
    More power to you then, sir. I get there's an emphasis on being multi-disciplined within the art world now, but I'm not really for it. Still, if one can keep up with it, it's mighty impressive.

As far as what I've done with it, I struggled for about 3 years trying to find an art education job, and worked part time a bunch (for a year), sometimes in places that might be leads into an art job, but nothing followed through, after about a year into that 3 years, I ended up full time in security and I've been here ever since, and stopped looking when schools began cutting art programs all over my area, as well as 160 schools in my area closed, making the remaining amount of teaching jobs out there have more people trying to get them, and most of them quite more experienced than me.

Now I do art on a commission basis for customers, and try and limit myself to a few projects at a time so that I don't get overwhelmed or be late on a deadline, especially since I work full time, and am planning a wedding. Still, I'm productive enough that I was able to sell enough art to pay for my fiancee's engagement ring, so there's that. Commissions started about a year ago, and have been coming in at a steady pace ever since. I'm just hoping at some point to also do a few art lessons locally, and maybe someday find that art teaching job. In the mean time, I dream of the day I'll start my own art school, and counter the terribleness that is cutting the arts acrossed the country in order to "teach to the test". But that's all I'll say on that subject, lest I get into political rants...
    The cutting of both art and music education has been a terribly sad thing. While my college professors have never said don't pursue the arts (professionally), my high school teachers did. It's refreshing to see that you've made things work, though--even if it wasn't quite as planned. I figure I may end up taking a similar route, so I thought it'd be fun to ask...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

Yep. I'm back in my Civ groove. At least on Prince, I can do spectacularly with few cities. I have 4, and one was only founded recently. I haven't even taken anything through war. And yet, my culture is familiar with 2 countries, and popular (almost influential!) with another. My culture is high enough that I doubt anyone else can win that way. I'm fairly far ahead technologically. I have all sorts of wonders. I have 3-4 city-state allies. My religion has taken over a continent. I'm still not doing nearly as well as that one game, but I'm certainly back in my groove. Go Ethiopia!
    Avatar by Venetian Mask. It's of an NPC from a campaign I may yet run (possibly in PbP) who became a favorite of mine while planning.

Quote Originally Posted by Razanir View Post
    Everyone knows frying pans are actually weapons that people repurpose for cooking
    I am a 10/14/11/15/12/14 LG Clr 2

12. - Top - End - #42
    Colossus in the Playground

So...back from X-Men, Days of Future Past. It was alright.
    Spoiler: Spoilers!
    Show
    Had problems and made me realize that I...actually don't care about the X Men movies when they kill the only characters I like off creen.

13. - Top - End - #43

NecromancerGuy

^: So what are your favorite Xy-Men, anyway?
    Quote Originally Posted by DraPrime View Post
    Bah, you're younger than I am. The Dominos you had that you so loathe has nothing on the Dominos of my youth which again has nothing on the original Dominos for badness!
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2014-05-28 at 03:02 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

14. - Top - End - #44
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Spoiler: Spoilered for disturbing content
    Show

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

15. - Top - End - #45
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    Show
    I feel the need to post this again now (inspired by the thread about that very thing):

Spoiler: Also unsettling
    Show

16. - Top - End - #46
    Troll in the Playground

Sooo I'm moving this weekend. I'm going to need to buy all the furnishings I need pretty much from scratch. That's going to be fun.

I had a pleasant little coincidence occur just now. I was pondering an album I had recently purchased, and decided to research it a bit more. I developed a taste of the type of music it was, during this research, and thought to myself "Gee, I could do with some symphonic prog of this variety right now." It literally just arrived in the mail. Thank you, fates! You do look out for the little guy from time to time.
    0_o

Symphonic prog? Tell me more.
    Awesome fremetar by wxdruid.

From the discomfort of truth there is only one refuge and that is ignorance. I do not need to be comfortable, and I will not take refuge. I demand to *know*.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zale View Post
    Also, this is the internet. We're all borderline insane for simply being here.
    So I guess I have an internets? | And a trophy. | And a music cookie (whatever that is).

17. - Top - End - #47

Show
    Oh god ... those eyes ... someone save meeeeeeeeeee .........

18. - Top - End - #48

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Feytalist View Post
    Sooo I'm moving this weekend. I'm going to need to buy all the furnishings I need pretty much from scratch. That's going to be fun.
    Provided you've got the money, heck yes that's fun--it's a heck of a lot more fun than moving all the stuff over from your previous place, believe me!

19. - Top - End - #49
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    Provided you've got the money, heck yes that's fun--it's a heck of a lot more fun than moving all the stuff over from your previous place, believe me!
    I guess. I just really hate shopping.

I'm not sure what I hate more, shopping or moving Although come to think of it I still need to pack my clothes and so forth. So it's the worst of both worlds :C

From the discomfort of truth there is only one refuge and that is ignorance. I do not need to be comfortable, and I will not take refuge. I demand to *know*.
    So I guess I have an internets? | And a trophy. | And a music cookie (whatever that is).

20. - Top - End - #50

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    My only experience with X Men is the X Men Evolution cartoon, and the movies. So the characters that I like are Nightcrawler, Blink, and the cast of First Class. I genuinely don't care about anyone else on an emotional level, though Young Xavier and Young Magneto are really cool.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

Show
    GAH!!!WHY?!?!?!
    Raw, do you spend your free time looking for disturbing photos and links to post here? Because....
    Long live the Ceikatar!

Here Be Dragons

22. - Top - End - #52
    Troll in the Playground

Just noticed something fairly amusing. I was swooshing around in Google Street View, trying to find a particular shop I need to get to, when I swooshed past a KFC.

Turns out Google's face recognition thingy recognises The Colonel's picture as a face, and blurs that out as well. Now no-one will know who's smiling down from the KFC facade! Heh.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Firbolg in the Playground

Bah, you're younger than I am. The Dominos you had that you so loathe has nothing on the Dominos of my youth which again has nothing on the original Dominos for badness!
    Dominos of your youth? How long ago are we talking? Because my elementary school had Dominos, so if you're referencing what their pizza was like in the late 90's, then I at least remember that.
    "Love takes up where knowledge leaves off."
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

24. - Top - End - #54

I mean, Domino's used to be worse, and not that long ago. I was in like, middle school or something when they made a big deal about changing the style, so not quite ten years ago. I'd personally eat just about any mostly-normal pizza, though, from the established chains. The college dining hall produces a "pizza" which is objectively plastic trash, and it lowered my pizza standards to the the exact phrase "literally anything better than this". Stopped eating it (and almost everything else in that building) fairly early. No regrets. Place is filthy, they don't even wash the plates.

Although, since school let out I've eaten a lot more pizza than I'd like. About to eat some more in the next few minutes, too. This is my life now. Soon enough, I will be sick of all the pizzas. I wonder where I'll be left at when the moment finally comes? Alas.

ION: I bought the PC version of Skyrim with all the DLC the other day. I've put untold hundreds of hours into the Xbox 360 version, but I got sick of vanilla, finally, after actual years went by. At least I'm familiar with it (I won't say "mostly"). I've spent the last few nights not even actually playing the game, instead going on a hunt for all the mods I want to use. The excitement is palpable, because I think I'm satisfied, for now.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Show
    Speaking as someone who currently works at McDonalds and had to give out two of those boxes to parents in the drive-thru, I just thought we were running a very oddly timed Despicable Me promotion...

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post
    Although, since school let out I've eaten a lot more pizza than I'd like. About to eat some more in the next few minutes, too. This is my life now. Soon enough, I will be sick of all the pizzas. I wonder where I'll be left at when the moment finally comes? Alas.
    Naw, man. Pizza-cake-sex!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

26. - Top - End - #56

Quote Originally Posted by TheWombatOfDoom View Post
    Atrocious?
    I am glad that Objectively Different is there now though. That one is good.

*walks over to corner and sits down five feet from*

*gently shoves small things at*

Spoiler
    Show
    It is an alpaca bird?

XYmen?

I do not understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post
    I mean, Domino's used to be worse, and not that long ago. I was in like, middle school or something when they made a big deal about changing the style, so not quite ten years ago. I'd personally eat just about any mostly-normal pizza, though, from the established chains. The college dining hall produces a "pizza" which is objectively plastic trash, and it lowered my pizza standards to the the exact phrase "literally anything better than this". Stopped eating it (and almost everything else in that building) fairly early. No regrets. Place is filthy, they don't even wash the plates.
    Oh. Now I do.

I do not like the Pizza Hut crust at all. But the Domino's toppings I do not like either. I will pick Domino's when I am hungry and need crust or Pizza Hut when I am not hungry and picked off cheese and toppings are enough. But our gaming group meets at a Round Table Pizza so I eat that most of all. It is better than both of those and it lets us stay for hours with dice and very strange things to talk about.

No washing the plates? What? Why? Where are the work study students who are supposed to do that?

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    Pizza is like sex and cake. Who cares about the quality, you've got pizza-cake-sex!

0_o

Buying all the house again was Ok because I had a long time to buy all the little things that make a house. The only thing that I bought too fast and paid too much was the desks. You do not want to shop. I like going to yard sales and buying better stuff than I can buy new. I think I see a way out of this but you are not close to California are you.
    I have found a RL gaming group but I'm willing to meet other GitP people nearby.
    Please send a PM or an email! _______ Tea served in a student cafe in Seattle

27. - Top - End - #57

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    Naw, man. Pizza-cake-sex!
    The only things we hear about on campus! Ever! You can claim it all you want, but the sheer repetition of these ideas will drown out any enjoyment they once bestowed in actuality!

Quote Originally Posted by Taet View Post
    No washing the plates? What? Why? Where are the work study students who are supposed to do that?
    I eventually settled into a routine wherein I ate breakfast with a group of friends in the dining hall, and attempted to avoid it the rest of the day. Without exaggeration, every singe time I went in there at least a fourth of the plates, utensils and cups I picked up had dried, crusty food on them.* You just, just put those right back on the counter and try again, hoping for a "clean" one. It's like some sick game of cards, with a stack of plates instead of a deck and your actual health on the line instead of tokens or cash. I mean, cash is involved, but there's no getting it back by the time you're playing the game. So kind of like blowing your gambling money on the slots and then hitting the kiddie table back home to pretend your still having fun in Vegas when blackjack won't take you. Except irl there is no pretense of fun, only bad food and health regulation violations.

Students don't work in this particular dining hall, as far as I can tell, unless they exist out of sight in the back. I've never seen any. In either case, the intel on why they don't clean the dishes is unclear. I'd like to think spite, but it's actually probably poor working conditions compounded with the management. I recall seemingly random walk-in firings by one of the contractors for the company that supplies the food. It didn't fix anything.

*Dryness optional.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

So, how is everyone today/tonight? This thread has been rather inactive today and that is kinda weird. So may as well start something up. Well Corpse Party is still an interesting game, for those who know it. I love this new upgraded HughesNet, it works a lot better. I also have been trying the game Smite, which is an online arena battle game with gods as characters. A lot of fun, when it works. Does anyone on this thread know about the JobCorps? I am highly considering it for work and training and other reasons, and want any other opinions on it. Another topic: if anyone here can, listen to 4 Chord Song by Axis of Awesome. It is such a well put together song, watch/listen and you shall see why. And may as well add a serious topic...my kinda girlfriend is sorta separating from me a bit, not completely but it still isn't looking good...so that's has me extremely bummed out.

Just throwing a lot of topics out there and hoping something will get some people talking. Seriously, been checking the thread all day and nothing has been going on. This must be rectified.
    Spoiler: Sigs about the Internet and Life
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    Yeah... even if it's a fairly friendly place by the internet's standards... it's still the internet. A certain level of pedantic bickering is to be expected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    The forums can't universally agree that the sun will rise in the east. Disagreement is what we do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacior
    If I can get a pet dinosaur, I totally will. My low wisdom means a raptor looks like a great guard dog.

Awesome Holy Knight Haluesen avatar done by the uber skilled Grinner!

29. - Top - End - #59

Here you go.

And some examples.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Troll in the Playground

I... know what symphonic prog is

I was looking more for in the line of what you just got. I actually know most of that list, but I'll check out those I don't, thanks.

Relayer happens to be one of my favourite albums. I think I've mentioned that before.