New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: EMPIRE! CWBG XIII: F5: Document Spirits F10: Summon Balepig, Keeper of Oaths

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    I hate to say I told ya so, Mossabi
    However, it's the Cree who are in fault here, not Tzalteclan. Depending on who pisses me off the most this will be fun.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: EMPIRE! CWBG XIII: F5: Document Spirits F10: Summon Balepig, Keeper of Oaths

Quote Originally Posted by moossabi View Post
    However, it's the Cree who are in fault here, not Tzalteclan. Depending on who pisses me off the most this will be fun.
    Yeah, but they're there as a security force, and using a guest list that Tzalteclan provided them with. Which means that they ordered your arrest.
    Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, but they're there as a security force, and using a guest list that Tzalteclan provided them with. Which means that they ordered your arrest.
    By the way, does anyone know how the cree are making it dark?
    Last edited by lt_murgen; 2015-02-27 at 12:25 PM.
    Keeper of the 49 Rules.

Pet Peeve: Yay ≠ Yeah

4. - Top - End - #184
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lt_murgen View Post
    By the way, does anyone know how the cree are making it dark?
    They said they were using tarp to block out the sun.
    Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

They said they were using tarp to block out the sun.
    Yeah, that was the weakest excuse ever. I'll be sitting around waiting for some other stuff to happen. I am, indeed, providing a very good offer. It'd be a shame if we deemed fit to revoke it...

6. - Top - End - #186
    Titan in the Playground

A robot hellbent on ruining my sleep. Why do you ask?
    A couple of people (Morph included) make two posts in the IC thread, one for fluff and one for actions, so they can edit the fluff post later in the round without running the risk of accidentally going over the round close and invalidating their actions.

Speaking only for myself (but from experience of doing the round opening) it would be nice if the IC thread was kept relatively free of conversation and other clutter, so I would suggest if folk wish to comment on something someone else has said/done there they do so here instead. Unless you're responding IC, although in that case it's still probably better to edit it into existing posts or collate them centrally rather than have too much back-and-forth.
    GITP Blood Bowl Manager Cup
    Red Sabres - Season I Cup Champions, two-time Cup Semifinalists
    Anlec Razors - Two-time Cup Semifinalists
    Bad Badenhof Bats - Season VII Cup Champions
    League Wiki

Spoiler: Previous Avatars
    Show
    (by Strawberries)
    (by Rain Dragon)

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Aedilred View Post
    A couple of people (Morph included) make two posts in the IC thread, one for fluff and one for actions, so they can edit the fluff post later in the round without running the risk of accidentally going over the round close and invalidating their actions.

Speaking only for myself (but from experience of doing the round opening) it would be nice if the IC thread was kept relatively free of conversation and other clutter, so I would suggest if folk wish to comment on something someone else has said/done there they do so here instead. Unless you're responding IC, although in that case it's still probably better to edit it into existing posts or collate them centrally rather than have too much back-and-forth.
    OK. It was deleted. I couldn't help it...

8. - Top - End - #188
    Bugbear in the Playground

Yeah, that was the weakest excuse ever. I'll be sitting around waiting for some other stuff to happen. I am, indeed, providing a very good offer. It'd be a shame if we deemed fit to revoke it...
    I'd assumed it was well into evening at that point in my first post, or at least that it had drifted into evening while the Inquisition was steering your diplomats around in circles. Thus, in the grand tradition of improve, you introduced that it was still bright day, so I rolled with it. It's actually not an unheard of thing in hot regions. It really is amazing what a lightly colored or white canopy can do to cool off a place.

I'm sorry if you took anything that's happening IC personally, but I really am there as an independent body seeing to the safety of the guests, and I am acting more or less as per instruction. I don't know what you were expecting to happen if your people got caught.
    ...with a vengeance!

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by DoomHat View Post
    I'd assumed it was well into evening at that point in my first post, or at least that it had drifted into evening while the Inquisition was steering your diplomats around in circles. Thus, in the grand tradition of improve, you introduced that it was still bright day, so I rolled with it. It's actually not an unheard of thing in hot regions. It really is amazing what a lightly colored or white canopy can do to cool off a place.

I'm sorry if you took anything that's happening IC personally, but I really am there as an independent body seeing to the safety of the guests, and I am acting more or less as per instruction. I don't know what you were expecting to happen if your people got caught.
    No OOC ill will. I came there for a reason, and I'll only be upset if that reason is not addressed at all. I feel that there is no need for a post on my behalf, so I'll just wait.

10. - Top - End - #190

Hey everybody!
    I'm planning to decide my next ruler randomly, or at least semi-randomly from a stable or characters of your collective making!

Please Post your version of the potential next Tyrant of the Cree HERE

In the end, there'll be a 2d6 roll off to decide who wins. Various nations are free (OOC encouraged) to try rigging the games in favor of one contestant over the others!

Please contribute!
    Last edited by DoomHat; 2015-02-28 at 03:45 AM.
    ...with a vengeance!

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ogre in the Playground

APPRENTICE JUCHIN FTW

Seriously, I was hoping to make him a reality. And now I have. Though... in the interest of DoomHat, I did try to make him somewhat serious. I just wish I had the actions to spare :?/

Soooo... why is Khoonbish being voted to be killed?
    Spoiler
    Show
    BladeofObliviom said:
    I've only seen a character at anything resembling this level of absurdity thrive exactly once, and he/she/what-the-jongo had the advantage of being written by Gengy, who I look up to as a writer.

"What-the-Jongo?"
    Before you insult someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
    That way, you'll be a mile away, and have their shoes!

Got me a Real Job™ (yay!). Still busy (boo!).
    ~avatar by myself

12. - Top - End - #192
    Titan in the Playground

Doom, I'd like to direct you to the Changing Rulers subsection of the Starting: Creating Your First Ruler:
    If the new ruler is not a child of a previous ruler, they only get a +1 to two attribute scores (chosen freely), but may arrange the rolled scores freely, as with the first ruler of a new player.
    The scores for any successors of Khoonbish would therefore be rolled for prior to assigning rolls to scores, and the two +1s would also be freely assigned.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

13. - Top - End - #193

Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    Doom, I'd like to direct you to the Changing Rulers subsection of the Starting: Creating Your First Ruler:

The scores for any successors of Khoonbish would therefore be rolled for prior to assigning rolls to scores, and the two +1s would also be freely assigned.
    This is a huge problem.
    I mean, a really huge one. I rolled Khoonbish with the regular successor bonuses. I didn't realize coming up with a unique succession method would kneecap me like this. The fluff problems are already bad enough, being quietly scorned by royals lines and without any royal blood to buy or sell.

I took Regency to mean "In the event normal succession is suspended or disrupted". In the Case of New Crima, that would be if something where to disrupt the games, or if both the Tyrant and Champion Heir were to die at the same time. If there was some sort of coup that put a member of Parliament as the de facto most significant figure in the government.

I've put a lot of thought into the Game of Death. I might have if I knew the rules would punish me for doing so.
    Last edited by DoomHat; 2015-02-28 at 11:41 AM.
    ...with a vengeance!

14. - Top - End - #194
    Titan in the Playground

A regent is essentially a temporary ruler for when the legitimate ruler cannot (yet) rule. All in all, regents should come up very little, especially if you use a non-monarchical government system or similar. Whether a ruler counts as a regent or not is very much left up to the players, but the heredity bonuses are mechanics that are tied to fluff.

In case of a coup, I'd figure that'd mean that the new head of state is effectively the new "legitimate" head--further below in that sub-section it even talks about how a regent can commit a coup to become the legitimate head of state.
    Last edited by Morph Bark; 2015-02-28 at 11:46 AM.

15. - Top - End - #195

The way the current rules are written, my complicated system designed to weed out all but the best and "Most Cree" amounts to a recurring succession of Regents and Usurpers. It's also worth noting that unlike a democracy, Tyrant is a lifetime appointment.

Hell, I made a roll to determine if Khoonbish would live or die, one that she statistically really, really, should have passed much to my frustration.
    As a non-GK, I can't begin to express how frustrating this is.

I mean, I've put out a couple times in at least a couple threads that the Games are designed to find someone as much like Oluska as possible, could I please at least keep using her succession bonuses? As though stamping all my future rulers chosen through The Games with her template?
    Last edited by DoomHat; 2015-02-28 at 11:57 AM.
    ...with a vengeance!

16. - Top - End - #196
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: EMPIRE! CWBG XIII: F5: Document Spirits F10: Summon Balepig, Keeper of Oath

I'm very interested in playing, am I still able to join?

17. - Top - End - #197

Default Re: EMPIRE! CWBG XIII: F5: Document Spirits F10: Summon Balepig, Keeper of Oath

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowz1797 View Post
    Recruitment is always open!
    Here's the rules thread to give you an idea of how to get started!
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...Administration

I'm not sure which regions are still open, but we have a lot of NPC nations you could pick up the reigns of! That's how I got started.
    ...with a vengeance!

18. - Top - End - #198
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DoomHat View Post
    Recruitment is always open!
    Here's the rules thread to give you an idea of how to get started!
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...Administration

I'm not sure which regions are still open, but we have a lot of NPC nations you could pick up the reigns of! That's how I got started.
    Ok I'm going to have lunch for an hour or two but when I get back I'll get right into making my nation. Spot 146 looks nice. Are all of the people on the spreadsheet still active? (If so that's a very impressive feat!)

19. - Top - End - #199
    Titan in the Playground

Yup.

There are a number of NPCs you could take over if you'd be interested in that, or alternatively you can claim an empty region. Regions currently unoccupied are, to the best of my knowledge:
    P6
    P7
    144 and 148 (I think; I've lost track of what's going on in the 140s)
    U6
    U15-17 (I think)

I think there are also a couple of underground regions currently unoccupied, most notably 76B and 21B (although 21B is historically bad news).

Spoiler: List of NPCs
    Show

METAL (four regions, orcs)
    Ahmeskharras [formerly known as the Clanships] (one region, a splinter from METAL)
    Razdis (two regions, dwarves)
    The Sulvan Primarchy (one region, dwarves, vassal to Ashenia)
    The Kingdom of the Isles (four island regions, spriggans and snow trolls, vassal to the Kingdom of the Carmine Sea/Salterri Imperium)
    Niemida Prefecture (two regions, humans, vassal to the Salterri Imperium)
    Nanguang Prefecture (two regions, vassal to the Salterri Imperium)
    Propinlonge Prefecture (one region, vassal to the Seaborne Confederation)
    Alydaxis (four regions, mostly lizardfolk, vassal to the Empire of the Silver Moon)
    Glirfrey (one region, lizardfolk, formerly part of Alydaxis, split off for mechanical reasons)
    The Kingdom of Stolok/the Planinfrag (one region, humans and orcs, vassal to Glazfell)
    The Kingdom of the Iron Doctrine (three regions, Skaven expys, vassal to Glazfell)
    Kemuliaan (one region, undead mummy-king, independent)
    Abyssian Sea Coalition (two underwater regions, trilobite-people, vassal to Mularuhm/Salterri Imperium)
    Alzeroth (one region, humans, vassal to the Hurosha Empire)
    Fera (a few regions, vassal to Niskovia)

Edit: I see I've been ninjad by Doom. We have about 25-30 players; I'm not sure of the exact numbers at the moment as we've had a few new arrivals and a couple of departures recently.

Also it seems 146 is now occupied as moos conquered it last round. 144 and 148 are still open though.
    Last edited by Aedilred; 2015-02-28 at 12:52 PM.
    League Wiki

Show
    (by Strawberries)
    (by Rain Dragon)

20. - Top - End - #200
    Orc in the Playground

148 works for me, which thread should I post all my region fluff/dice rolls etc. in?

21. - Top - End - #201
    Titan in the Playground

Dice rolls are in this thread.

With the initial writeup, best thing to do is probably to post it here where people will see it and then when Quinton's approved it/you you can move it to the Lands of Telluris thread. There's a template somewhere for regions which you don't have to use but most people do: I'm not sure exactly where it is but since most region posts follow it or something similar it should be fairly easy to work out.
    Last edited by Aedilred; 2015-02-28 at 01:04 PM.
    League Wiki

Show
    (by Strawberries)
    (by Rain Dragon)

22. - Top - End - #202
    Orc in the Playground

Having trouble finding kingdoms near 148, any knowledge on what kinds of people inhabit the bordering regions?

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Having trouble finding kingdoms near 148, any knowledge on what kinds of people inhabit the bordering regions?

*sigh*

Please ask Quinton for unexplored regions. I've had enough of my actions being wasted.
    Last edited by moossabi; 2015-02-28 at 01:05 PM.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Orc in the Playground

*sigh*

Please ask Quinton for unexplored regions. I've had enough of my actions being wasted.
    My apologies

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

My apologies
    Sorry, it's just that people keep on creating a region right where I'm expanding, usually after I've used two actions doing so, and it becomes really annoying after a while.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Titan in the Playground

164, 146 and 163 are part of Valasharix, which is run by moossabi. He's also colonising 165, to the south of 148, so you have a lot of borders with him. Further to the east are territories of Celero, which is Logic's kingdom. Celero is also part of the Salterri Imperium (a large empire including Morph, me, DurkBlanston, RandoMan, Logic, lt_murgen and a couple of NPCs). To the north in 143 and that area is the Chivalric Republic of United Free Cities, owned by Kasanip. 145 is Trandar, which is a new country with not a lot of information on it yet.

To the west (beyond Valasharix) are the Tzaltec Empire and its ally METAL (DarkDM and NPC respectively), another Salterri vassal, the Niemida Prefecture, the Caramel Kingdom (Philote) and the Thalmann Legacy (Randolf) each of which currently has just the one region. The Caramel Kingdom is also a vassal of the Empire of Dawn (Wombat, Sam and XIII).

A lot further to the north are the Empire of the Silver Moon (Lord_Burch), Alzeroth (a NPC vassal to Hurosha, which is Waylander) and the Del'Taihn Provinces and Fera (NPC vassals of Niskovia, run by Kitsanth).
    Details on all of these are - I think - in the Lands thread, although we can probably answer any specific questions about any of them here.

You might also be interested to see the existing details on 148 that came out when it was discovered. You're not obliged to keep these (and you get three resources rather than two in any case; also I'd recommend rerolling the population) but you're also welcome to keep it if it takes your fancy.

It has one [Good] resource of Skygoats and one [Good] Undefined resource! It's people revere the sky spirits and believe the skygoats to be the souls of their ancestors who acheived enlightenment and the Skygoats are considered sacred animals to the people! The region contains a population of 410,000!
    League Wiki

Show
    (by Strawberries)
    (by Rain Dragon)

27. - Top - End - #207
    Orc in the Playground

I really have no trouble going to a spot other than 148 moosabi. Maybe even take one of the polar regions, could be interesting. Again I have to double check vacancies and the like.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ogre in the Playground

Shadow, you're welcome to join the list of people whom start underwater. I can recommend some good spots

I can recommend excellent spots, if you'd like to start out with vassalege in mind (kidding, kidding! ...mostly...)
    Spoiler
    Show
    BladeofObliviom said:
    I've only seen a character at anything resembling this level of absurdity thrive exactly once, and he/she/what-the-jongo had the advantage of being written by Gengy, who I look up to as a writer.

"What-the-Jongo?"
    Before you insult someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
    That way, you'll be a mile away, and have their shoes!

Got me a Real Job™ (yay!). Still busy (boo!).
    ~avatar by myself

29. - Top - End - #209
    Titan in the Playground

Well all those angry faces make the place really welcoming for new players.

I really have no trouble going to a spot other than 148 moosabi. Maybe even take one of the polar regions, could be interesting. Again I have to double check vacancies and the like.
    Best bet is to PM Quinton, although I'm pretty sure all the regions I mentioned above are available. Polar regions are interesting, but also come with some fairly hefty mechanical disadvantages, so that's something to bear in mind I guess.
    Last edited by Aedilred; 2015-02-28 at 01:18 PM.
    League Wiki

Show
    (by Strawberries)
    (by Rain Dragon)

30. - Top - End - #210
    Titan in the Playground

*sigh*

Relax, you're nowhere near Guilder levels of thwarted colonizations (they number more than a dozen) and even if Shadow takes 148 you will still have a Great Kingdom very soon with 165. If he'd start in 148 his expansion options would also be far more limited than yours are with your acquisition of 165, and having a neighbour means more options for you to gain alliances nearby.
    Last edited by Morph Bark; 2015-02-28 at 01:24 PM.