New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Warframe In the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    I believe you can use Proto-Glaive with Halikar too if you want awesome looks
    Halikar is fugly grineer ****, so this WOULD help if I ever wanted to farm argon again. Glaive Pimp it is.

So, how should I build it? How does Quick Return and Power Throw work with splosions?
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

2. - Top - End - #362
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Halikar is fugly grineer ****, so this WOULD help if I ever wanted to farm argon again. Glaive Pimp it is.

So, how should I build it? How does Quick Return and Power Throw work with splosions?
    Awesomely.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Wings of Peace View Post
    "See these cookies? Note how while good they taste sort of bland. Now try these, they're the same cookies but with chocolate chips added. Notice how with the second batch we expended slightly more ingredients but dramatically enhanced the flavor? That's metamagic."
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    Seriously, can we kill this misconception now? A wizard is never late, nor is he early. He shops for precisely what he means to.

Winner of Junkyard Wars 31.

3. - Top - End - #363
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thrice Dead Cat View Post
    Damn.

If it has the punch through, will it only detonate on walls or will it work on enemies, too?
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.

4. - Top - End - #364
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Damn.

If it has the punch through, will it only detonate on walls or will it work on enemies, too?
    Not quite sure. The video mentions that you have to time it before it rebounds and that they use an unranked punch through mod to help shorten how far it goes before it rebounds. However, they also mention it being done "automatically," so I'm sure how that happens. From the look of the video, it doesn't seem to matter if you hit a wall or an enemy. I need to test the basic set-up myself (quick return, unranked power throw, max flight speed) and see how it plays out. One possibility is that the power throw mod is there to increase your timing window on when you can detonate it, but I am again unsure.
    Spoiler
    Show
    "See these cookies? Note how while good they taste sort of bland. Now try these, they're the same cookies but with chocolate chips added. Notice how with the second batch we expended slightly more ingredients but dramatically enhanced the flavor? That's metamagic."
    Seriously, can we kill this misconception now? A wizard is never late, nor is he early. He shops for precisely what he means to.

5. - Top - End - #365
    Bugbear in the Playground

*sigh* So I've done two days of nothing but Saturn missions and boss runs (I don't do Ruk because while I can actually solo him it takes me forever). Not a single Orokin Cell and I need 4. Those are the moments when the grind stops being fun.
    "Ceterum censeo mediomundum esse delendum."
    Quote Originally Posted by Claudius Maximus View Post
    A balor is literally made of evil - for all we know it's composed of malecules and cruelectrons.
    I will leave this world like I entered it - screaming and bathed in blood.

Martial Avatartist by the amazing yldenfrei

6. - Top - End - #366
    Titan in the Playground

I just got 5 in a row from Phorid. Need 5 more for Glaive Prime.

7. - Top - End - #367
    Titan in the Playground

Party, I seriously recommend trying non-solo play, especially for farming. Ruk is a common farm target, and if you watch recruiting chat, you should see people hosting either orokin derelict assassinate (ODA) or general o cell farm
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

8. - Top - End - #368
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Partysan View Post
    *sigh* So I've done two days of nothing but Saturn missions and boss runs (I don't do Ruk because while I can actually solo him it takes me forever). Not a single Orokin Cell and I need 4. Those are the moments when the grind stops being fun.
    Basically this. While I wouldn't trust pubs to do a spy mission, even if you just queue up randomly to kill ol' Ruk, there's a good chance you'll get some additional people. If you have a nekros or can get a squad like Keledrath suggests, you could also do Saturn survival runs. Go until you get your first void key, extract, and repeat. That should net you at least one cell per run, likely more if the nekros is worth is salt.

Whenever Phorid manifests on an o cell giving planet, take your highest damage weapon and fastest frame. That boss still has a higher than average drop rate for cells, so you can easily get cells back to back as Snowbluff described. Also, randoms tend to run those missions while available, so they tend to go faster than if you were solo. The fact that Phorid has no invulnerability frames doesn't hurt any either.

If you're in a spot to farm ODS, you could do that, too. When I got back into the game recently, I was very surprised to see I had roughly 50 cells left. Then I remembered just how many ODS runs I did attempting to get Nova Prime, and it all made sense. While you're still grinding, if you can at least grind multiple things at the same time, it certainly helps.

As void sabotage missions also have a small chance to drop things like oxium, orokin cells, and I think either cyrotic or argon. Again, probably not terribly efficient for getting those cells, but if you need something else off of a sabotage drop table, then it can at least cut down on some of the time.
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #369
    Colossus in the Playground

I seriously recommend branching out; farming Ruk is a bit slow and not very exciting. I personally would try T4Survival (Vor is a nice chance of Cell and then the both A-rotations can have 3 Cells) or ODA (each head of ol' Leppy plus the body can drop OCells, as well as the millions of containers on the tileset). The third option would be a Pilfering Swarm Hydroid/Nekros farm in any Saturn/Ceres/Derelict Survival (or Defense but generally Survival has more spawns).

You can find groups for all of those in the Recruitment and OCell farming in general is fairly common so just jump along and have an easier time of it.
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2015-04-08 at 04:03 PM.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

10. - Top - End - #370

Ran out of patience and started playing public matches again. Works for now, with a bit of luck I'll have my four tomorrow.

I'm considering spending 100k on a companion thingy, since I have over 300k now and I'm constantly frustrated by getting companion XP as login rewards. Which one is recommended?
    A balor is literally made of evil - for all we know it's composed of malecules and cruelectrons.

11. - Top - End - #371
    Titan in the Playground

Well, here are your options:

Dethcube: Useless.
    Wyrm: AoE Knockdown
    Carrier: Sucks up items for you. Has a shotgun, so you'll want eventually.
    Helios: Scans things. Gets a mod that weakens enemies.
    Shade: Cloaks you. Damn handy.

I like Wyrm, mostly because I have the Prime one. I use it with the Carrier's Shotgun, which is equipped with a status build.

12. - Top - End - #372

I definitely recommend Helios eventually since otherwise it takes way too much effort to fill your codex but from starters, Carrier is just really convenient and comes with the most useful unmodded Sentinel-weapon, at least for itself (Carrier's shotgun staggers enemies giving you a nice extra layer of protection from getting snuck on).
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2015-04-08 at 04:24 PM.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

13. - Top - End - #373
    Titan in the Playground

Bearing in mind that you need a clan for Helios, I recommend Carrier. Sweeper (his weapon) is hitscan, which generally makes it the strongest weapon (Prime laser has higher theoretical DPS, but will miss a lot), and Vacuum is just damn useful.

Oh, and Snowbluff, don't go insulting my Gethcube. He has feelings. Sort of. The programming is a little buggy.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

14. - Top - End - #374
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keledrath View Post
    Bearing in mind that you need a clan for Helios, I recommend Carrier. Sweeper (his weapon) is hitscan, which generally makes it the strongest weapon (Prime laser has higher theoretical DPS, but will miss a lot), and Vacuum is just damn useful.
    I think the sweeper is supposed to have higher DPS, but I generally think that the damage will be quickly overshadowed by your abilities and guns.
    Oh, and Snowbluff, don't go insulting my Gethcube. He has feelings. Sort of. The programming is a little buggy.
    Ugh, just get it out of my face before it vaporizes something it isn't supposed to.

15. - Top - End - #375
    Titan in the Playground

Ugh, just get it out of my face before it vaporizes something it isn't supposed to.
    Error. Error. Does not compute. *Vaporizes a Hush Mod*

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

16. - Top - End - #376

Sweeper's practical DPS suffers a lot of it being a shotgun and firing god-knows-where outside extremely short ranges; I definitely have had better experiences with Prime Laser Rifle on anything longer than a 10m range. Deth Machine Rifle is nice for damage too but for higher level content you want your Sentinel shooting Status and Deth Machine Rifle's status chance is atrocious even you mod it for it fully so you're better off with either Sweeper or Prime Laser Rifle there. Also, Deth Machine Rifle has that stupid wind-up every time it switches targets making it incredibly impractical.

17. - Top - End - #377
    Titan in the Playground

Another thing to keep in mind is the Overheat mod. It gives bonus damage based on how long you sentinel fires. DMG racks up the bonus faster.

Error. Error. Does not compute. *Vaporizes a Hush Mod*
    Well, that's a good use for it.

18. - Top - End - #378
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

If you are in a clan where the research has been completed, Helios is a solid sentinel. It still saddens me I can't smuggle him out into space to take pretty picture of all of the Grineer and Corpus astronauts.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #379

Don't have a clan, so Helios is out for now. Sweeper seems useful. Any comments on Shade, since my only frame is Loki so stealthing might be useful?

Different question: how do I know which weapons are safe to sell? I'm running out of slots and selling lvl 30 stuff is something I tend to be unsure about. Is there any reason to keep a lvl 30 Skana, or Cronus, or Braton?

20. - Top - End - #380
    Troll in the Playground

I like Shade, but I tend to do solo stealth runs which may skew my perception somewhat. I need to get a control module to build another sentinel (I'm thinking Dethcube, almost solely for the weapon).

Cronus is a straightup upgrade for the Skana; I certainly can't think of any reason to keep both. You definitely want to make sure you have an assault rifle, but the Braton is worse than pretty much every other rifle in the game so you can safely unload it any time after acquiring another. I like to always make sure I have at least one of each weapon type in my inventory, though I don't know how much I'll use bows once I finish getting them to 30. Maybe if they get tweaked so that they hit right on your crosshairs (not necessarily getting rid of arrow drop; just allow the game to take the arc into account in aiming so that the player doesn't have to).
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

21. - Top - End - #381

More questions: is there any use to excess blueprints or are they market fodder? I have a lot of blueprints I already built or have more than one of, culminating in 7 Odonata Wings blueprints but there's also several weapons and warframe components.

Also, is there any way to get the Latron Prime parts for the blueprint I have since they apparently took out that weapon? And if I can trade it with players, what are they worth?

22. - Top - End - #382
    Troll in the Playground

More questions: is there any use to excess blueprints or are they market fodder? I have a lot of blueprints I already built or have more than one of, culminating in 7 Odonata Wings blueprints but there's also several weapons and warframe components.

Also, is there any way to get the Latron Prime parts for the blueprint I have since they apparently took out that weapon? And if I can trade it with players, what are they worth?
    Extra BPs can just be sold off, yes. As for Latron.P, only way to get parts now is to trade with players, and I suspect the prices on them have gone way up since the parts are no longer accessable.
    Man this thing was full of outdated stuff.
    Swoop Falcon
    I make(made?) avatars! Last updated 12-23-2008. Requests not unwelcome. Last request 01-12-2010.

23. - Top - End - #383
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NEO|Phyte View Post
    Extra BPs can just be sold off, yes. As for Latron.P, only way to get parts now is to trade with players, and I suspect the prices on them have gone way up since the parts are no longer accessable.
    Which means you can sell that BP for extra platinum.

Are you in a syndicate, yet? I would get into one and farm for rep, because it's a long grind that can be really rewarding.

24. - Top - End - #384
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm starting to get tired of new weapons requiring other weapons to craft. Especially when one or both of them require Formas (which I currently don't have any crafted). So this pistol, which should take 12 or 24 hours to complete, will instead take 3 days.
    Awesome avatar by Kurien.

Good Decisions come from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Decisions. Bad Decisions come from Tequila.

I am B.
    Are you B?

25. - Top - End - #385

I'm probably gonna hurry a bunch soon again. Even with inactive playing, I seem to be burning way more Forma than I can craft.

26. - Top - End - #386

I don't really want to sell the Latron Prime blueprint. I really like my Latron and I'd like to have that weapon. I really hate that you can't use starter platinum to trade. Seriously... Maybe I'll try to sell the Akbronco Prime blueprint I have? I can't see myself needing that anytime soon, since after all I'd need two Bronco Prime to use it in the first place.

Also no syndicate yet. Can't really decide. None of them have an augment for a weapon I really like. I might just go for the irradiating disarm one (was that Red Veil?) and that would basically mean the other two are fixed by the whole allied/enemy syndicates thing. I considered just going by the fluff, but I don't get the impression that this does much.

27. - Top - End - #387

I don't really want to sell the Latron Prime blueprint. I really like my Latron and I'd like to have that weapon. I really hate that you can't use starter platinum to trade. Seriously... Maybe I'll try to sell the Akbronco Prime blueprint I have? I can't see myself needing that anytime soon, since after all I'd need two Bronco Prime to use it in the first place.

Also no syndicate yet. Can't really decide. None of them have an augment for a weapon I really like. I might just go for the irradiating disarm one (was that Red Veil?) and that would basically mean the other two are fixed by the whole allied/enemy syndicates thing. I considered just going by the fluff, but I don't get the impression that this does much.
    The Large Restores are all nice as are the Specters (at least Cephalon Suda, New Loka and Arbiters of Hexis ones; the rest are a bit cruddy). You can get all the mods and weapons through trading. I went with fluff myself (Arbiters TYVM) but later expanded onto 4 for all the Large Restores, so I'm looking at Arbiters, Suda, Red Fail, Steel Meridian myself. If I got to pick now I'd probably want New Loka but it's hard to fit Loka into an Arbiters sphere (not impossible, mind, but I think you gotta give up Suda). It's worth noting that you get Syndicate assassins sent after you too; it's a minor downside except for the New Loka group that can be seriously threatening unless you're properly armed, just with their auras and procs.

Some of the most wanted Ability Mods include: Irradiating Disarm, Total Eclipse, Greedy Pull, Pilfering Swarm, Resonance and Despoil. Those are very easy to sell. Eternal War and Vampiric Leech are probably gonna sell well but they haven't been out long enough yet to be sure. And stuff like Repelling Bastille, Jet Stream, Shield Transference, Shocking Speed, Ice Wave Impedance, Chilling Globe, Curative Undertow, Smoke Shadow, Hall of Malevolence, Antimatter Absorb, Hushed Invisibility and all the Saryn/Volt/Ember/Frost/Oberon "Grant allies damage bonus"-mods are quite useful and thus somewhat wanted too. Either way, if you care about that, think of which frames you like and pick the syndicates accordingly. Note, you'll want an allied pair since there's little reason not to use the free reputation for the secondary.

EDIT: Oh yeah, forgot to mention, two syndicates have awesome weapon mods: New Loka has 2.5 really useful ones (the Skana-one is useful but not enough to make Skana good per ce, just less bad) and Steel Meridian has two awesome ones. The Sobek-one is kinda bad but the Dual Cleavers-one makes the weapon top tier and the Hek-one is quite good too.

And if you think about it, the starter plat being untradeable is kinda necessary. If it were tradeable, it'd make plat buys much more rare, make it hard to control alts plat-feeding mains (and the platinum stream, fake platinum and all that), etc. - all in all, bad business. The only alternative is simply giving 0 starting plat, which sucks in a game where stuff as basic as potatoes is under the mountain unless you put plat into it.
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2015-04-09 at 04:19 PM.

28. - Top - End - #388
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Don't have a clan, so Helios is out for now. Sweeper seems useful. Any comments on Shade, since my only frame is Loki so stealthing might be useful?
    If you're on PC, my clan is largely empty with most of the research complete. Feel free to send me a friend request in game. I believe my handle is ThriceDeadCat, due to space limitations. I'd be more than happy to help you out in game.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #389

So just did the raid for the first time. A bit disappointed by the lack of killing, and it felt more appropriate for 4 than 8 players (which can be tried, luckily enough, so I think that's something I want to experiment with in the future). It's just way too hard to die as 8 no matter how hard you try, so many revivers available. Other than that, I found it intriguing enough though I'd have preferred for one of the phases to be Archwing (but of course, much of the playerbase would cry foul at that point so I understand postponing that for future raids instead of the introduction raid).

30. - Top - End - #390
    Titan in the Playground

I like to focus on the weapons and weapon upgrades, since most upgrade augment mods are available from each trinity.

Red Veil: They have the Rakta Ballistica. It's based on a really ****ty weapon, and even after the buff, it's not that great. I have one, but I wouldn't be caught dead working for these idiots, so I traded for it. It's ugly and it doesn't match the Blue-and-pink of my Nova Prime. The proc (when you get 2k (?) xp while use the weapon) give energy back.

Arbiters: Their syndicate weapon is the Telos Akbolto. Akbolto are already pretty good guns. They sound and look cool, too. Their proc gives back health and some other things.

Also of note is their Gilded Truth Mod. This is a buff for the Burstron Prime. It's pretty sweet.

Cephalon Suda: Her weapon, the Synoid Gammacor, was the most OP, until they nerfed the ammo efficiency. Like, nerfed to waste 10x the ammo. Yeah, DE has clue how to balance the game. It's still a good gun, it just wastes ammo. The proc gives back energy.

Steel Meridian: They have a better version of the Marelok. The Marelok already is on of the best guns in the game. This increases the crit, status, and mag capacity. The damage is slightly worse, but that doesn't matter that much because you'll probably run elemental on it. The proc also give back health.

The other two are a waste of skill, AFAICT.