New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 44 of 50 FirstFirst ... 193435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 1474
  1. - Top - End - #1291
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony LXXXIX: Ponythread Perfect! Yaks no Smash!

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    I noticed Estee made a blog post on it.

Though it has no effect one me anyway, since I neither have an android device (War Droids, strangely, do not appear to count...) and being in the UK, I would not be overly surprised (either way) if there was some sort of "you can't have that in you country" sort of thing active as well.

They can call me when they actually bother to make a proper PC game (though would accept 3DS) and put some serious effort into it...
    There are Android Emulators you can use to play on your PC, buuut they all have some kind of issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Derjuin View Post
    The UK version went up late last night, IIRC, but yeah lacking an Android device would kill that.

I'm hoping the 2017 movie will spur at least a movie-platformer. For now, though, we'll have to make do with mods and LoE...
    Hrrrm, given the quality of most movie tie-in game, I think sticking to the mods is the best bet.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

2. - Top - End - #1292
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by McNum View Post
    I wonder what an Earth Pony wearing the Alicorn Amulet would be able to do...
    Thinking about the amulet, the simple interpretation is it magnifies your personal magical abilities. So for an Earth Pony (let's say Applejack as an example), they'd probably get super strength and some kind of plant-bending. And corruption.

Some parts of the game might need a bit of refluffing to work, such as the implications of a pony casting "Locate Mount" are a little mindbending. What do they summon? A Chocobo?
    Strangely enough, my last local group always assumed that Pony mounts were chocobos. This is probably because most of them were Final Fantasy fans. It is a cute concept if you think about it...
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Jurai View Post
    It summons Pinkie Pie. With a mobile party cannon.
    Hee hee, cannons were the early way to travel back in the ol' Secret of Mana video game.

A chariot pulled by another (possibly insubstantial) pony perhaps?
    Well, Unseen Servants would probably be in the same shape of the caster.

if anypony is interested in that game, Amazon Underground has recently made it actually free to play by removing the possibility of microtransactions
    Welp, you just made my daughter's day. She's hopping around and looking for the touch pad, singing the theme tune.

For now, though, we'll have to make do with mods and LoE...
    There's a hilarious Skyrim mod that gives everyone pony heads. They're kind of creepy-lookin', but I might have to buy some booze and play this with a buzz going just because I'm an adult and can do that and it's totally a funny idea in my head that can't possibly go wrong.

I believe New Vegas has a head+body conversion one which is even creepier.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

3. - Top - End - #1293
    Bugbear in the Playground

Chiming in on Equestrian clouds, it looked to me that the cloud Rainbow Dash manipulated in Wonderbolt Academy was only able to bounce the others off it because she was actively maintaining its density, which is why it was important for the other pegasi to catch them before they came back down. I suspect that extra dense clouds left to themselves do indeed sink and become fog.
    Blue Star Topaz is my name
    Equestria's my station
    The Elements define my creed
    The Herd's my destination

4. - Top - End - #1294
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post

What I want to do this weekend for fun:
    Spoiler
    Show

What I'll inevitably be doing this weekend for fun:
    Spoiler
    Show
    It took me a long time to realize what you did there, and I do not approve. I will help you achieve the first one!.

5. - Top - End - #1295
    Troll in the Playground

Welp, you just made my daughter's day. She's hopping around and looking for the touch pad, singing the theme tune.
    Glad I could help! It really feels liek an improved game, though the gameplay remains the same, so if you didn't like it the first time, it probably hasn't been helped

There's a hilarious Skyrim mod that gives everyone pony heads. They're kind of creepy-lookin', but I might have to buy some booze and play this with a buzz going just because I'm an adult and can do that and it's totally a funny idea in my head that can't possibly go wrong.

Unfortunately, my processor no longer allows me to run games more CPU-heavy than Terraria or ToME due to temperature issues. Despite being an 8-core relatively high end processor. Hooray for AMD suckage once again .
    Behold! My tiny deviantart gallery!
    Comment, browse the itty-bitty collection, etc.
    Morning Star

6. - Top - End - #1296

Quote Originally Posted by cavalieredraghi View Post
    It took me a long time to realize what you did there, and I do not approve. I will help you achieve the first one!.
    Uh... unless you can come down here and help me with the house chores...
    It's alright, I did get a little Fallout 3 play today. Apparently trying to get to Fort Constantine requires fighting off three Sentry Bots, two Raider camps, the Talon Mercenary Company, a sniper who can hax through a tree, my deliberately causing three parked trucks to go nuclear to vaporize an Enclave encampment, two cross-eyed Super Mutants, four Death claws and one change of underwear at the side entrance.

But I made it.

Glad I could help! It really feels like an improved game, though the gameplay remains the same, so if you didn't like it the first time, it probably hasn't been helped
    I simply got tired of it, but my daughter likes goofing off with the game and fight changelings.

Unfortunately, my processor no longer allows me to run games more CPU-heavy than Terraria or ToME due to temperature issues. Despite being an 8-core relatively high end processor. Hooray for AMD suckage once again .
    Overheating? Are any of the fans not working? Could be the CPU fan isn't doing its job.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

7. - Top - End - #1297
    Troll in the Playground

Overheating? Are any of the fans not working? Could be the CPU fan isn't doing its job.
    It all works; the thing is, it's an AMD piece of horseapples, and so it's literally made of fire. I've reapplied thermal paste, tried a different brand of paste, replaced fans, inspected wiring, etc. and the only thing at fault here is AMD for making a shoddy processor. Which is weird, because for the longest time I could play Guild Wars 2 with no problem whatsoever on ultra-max graphics, and now that I am in a colder room with better circulation, it decides it can't handle the game for more than 10 minutes on lowest.

The biggest crime involved in that fiasco is that I can no longer enjoy the weapon I spent over 6 months obtaining.
    Morning Star

8. - Top - End - #1298
    Ogre in the Playground

Randomly reading Twitter, get to Lauren Tom's account (uh, I know her as Amy/Amy's mom from Futurama, and Julie, the girl Ross spent some time with in season...2...of Friends). She's either a fan of the show, or the most supportive person ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Bard1cKnowledge View Post
    Heloooooooooo pony thread, part time reader first time poster. I mostly come for the amazing art. And see what shenanigans Digo is up to :P

So 5e pony game? Is there room for a rouge/warlock once Digo is done with it/personal stuff?
    It's more about Digo's daughter's shenanigans.

9. - Top - End - #1299
    Titan in the Playground

Oh, proactive permission? I did not expect, but thank you!

I was thinking about having the fanfic take place shortly after Little Pip's adventure, as it would give my antagonist a good reason to be traveling to the surface several times.
    Feel free to use Moonshadow as well then. I'm really curious to see how you would use the character.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

10. - Top - End - #1300
    Ogre in the Playground

On solid clouds.
    Quote Originally Posted by b_jonas View Post
    I brought it up because it was done, at least that's how I interpret S3 E7. The Wonderbolts Academy was in a flying island that had trees growing on it.
    I was wrong. It's not a floating island. It's the top of an implausibly shaped mountain.
    Last edited by b_jonas; 2015-08-29 at 03:20 AM.

11. - Top - End - #1301
    Firbolg in the Playground

Eeyup, I get that fairly regularly. Happened most gregariously with my FO:E character Doc. I started drawing and writing him into little things outside the RP I play him in, and then I ended up having other FO:E characters show up like Switchblade the former raider and General Altastatus, the Pegasus Enclave supremacist. After a while, I ended up having enough for a fanfic.

So now i'm working on that in the background...
    Proactive permission granted to use Straight Arrow, if you want. I can PM details about his backstory, since we never really got into that before the game died.

I've only learned the system about a month ago. I'd be a newbie GM if anything so I could not judge. ^^;
    Personally, I like it. It's a lot simpler than 3.5, but allows for enough variation to get the concept you want across. I remember my first character in 5E was a Cleric of Olidammara using his social skills to masquerade as a Paladin of Heironious.

*shudder* You know, it's weird that I'm more okay with ponies in Skyrim than I am with ponies in New Vegas. Maybe it's just that Skyrim already has two races which are essentially "human with animal parts."

Uh... unless you can come down here and help me with the house chores...
    It's alright, I did get a little Fallout 3 play today. Apparently trying to get to Fort Constantine requires fighting off three Sentry Bots, two Raider camps, the Talon Mercenary Company, a sniper who can hax through a tree, my deliberately causing three parked trucks to go nuclear to vaporize an Enclave encampment, two cross-eyed Super Mutants, four Death claws and one change of underwear at the side entrance.

But I made it.
    Working my way through An Evening with Mister Manchester in my playthrough of Tale of Two Wastelands, and I gotta admit, I'm feeling a bit frustrated. It's a well-enough made mod, but the logic of piecing things together feels a bit disjointed, and everything is spread out.

Example. When you first get there, you walk up three stories to the front door. No, wait, you walk up three stories, and then the walkway collapses under you. And then you have to figure out where to go from there, with no hints. And the walkthrough, in a rather smug tone, tells you that maybe you should look under where the walkway fell, because that's totally logical and a reasonable place for a message to be located.

Example. Almost every single hint is spread out around the property, usually at two or more minutes of walking away. Now, I know that Fallout has a bit of a reputation as a walking simulator, but when I'm walking the same two minute stretch of land fifteen times in a row hunting down clues, it gets a little tiresome.
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

12. - Top - End - #1302
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
    Chiming in on Equestrian clouds, it looked to me that the cloud Rainbow Dash manipulated in Wonderbolt Academy was only able to bounce the others off it because she was actively maintaining its density, which is why it was important for the other pegasi to catch them before they came back down. I suspect that extra dense clouds left to themselves do indeed sink and become fog.
    The cloud Rainbow shaped at the beginning of the episode was supporting a Pegasus. It was pretty stable.

The one at the end had to support (and bounce back) two earth ponies and two unicorns, all in rapid descent (plus Fluttershy, who probably shouldn't count here). Whatever cloud-weaving that Rainbow did completely destroyed the cloud.

Mind you, that's two extreme ends of a spectrum. There may well be a happy medium.
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

"The main skill of a good ruler seems to be not preventing the conflagrations but rather keeping them contained enough they rate more as campfires." Rogar Demonblud

"Hold on just a d*** second. UK has spam callers that try to get you to buy conservatories?!? Even y'alls spammers are higher class than ours!" Peelee

13. - Top - End - #1303
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bard1cKnowledge View Post
    Heloooooooooo pony thread, part time reader first time poster. I mostly come for the amazing art. And see what shenanigans Digo is up to :P

So 5e pony game? Is there room for a rouge/warlock once Digo is done with it/personal stuff?
    Welcome to Ponythread!

Honestly, if I don't get a shot at Digo's 5e pony game, I will CRY.

Or, y'know, run my own. Whichever seems like the best idea at the time.

No pressure, Digo.

Did somepony say pony D&D image dump!? (Yes, I did. Just now.)
    Spoiler
    Show

Last edited by Beacon of Chaos; 2015-08-29 at 04:34 AM.
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

14. - Top - End - #1304

Looks like Monday will indeed be an ordinary workday.

This is pretty spot-on:
    Spoiler
    Show

I always keep forgetting to remove that extra 'Q'.

Which is weird, because for the longest time I could play Guild Wars 2 with no problem whatsoever on ultra-max graphics, and now that I am in a colder room with better circulation, it decides it can't handle the game for more than 10 minutes on lowest.
    And that's the curious part. It was working fine before... so something changed/broke in that hardware. What happens when it overheats? Does it lock up or reboot? Does something specifically tell you it's the cpu? Cause if the fans and wires are all working, there is one possibility that might be the culprit-- the motherboard.

The biggest crime involved in that fiasco is that I can no longer enjoy the weapon I spent over 6 months obtaining.
    Wow that's a fancy weapon. :o

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    It's more about Digo's daughter's shenanigans.
    She's currently watching Teen Titans Go. Beast Boy is apparently one of her inspirations.

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Feel free to use Moonshadow as well then. I'm really curious to see how you would use the character.
    I'd be curious too, since it would in theory take place after the main collapse of the Enclave (Alta Stratus being in command of a splinter group that still clings to the old ways).

I was wrong. It's not a floating island. It's the top of an implausibly shaped mountain.
    In a magical land of talking ponies, that mountain seems legit. Though floating rock island would have been 20% cooler.

Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post
    Proactive permission granted to use Straight Arrow, if you want. I can PM details about his backstory, since we never really got into that before the game died.
    Sweet Sunbutt, y'all are so supportive! I'll have to organize another page of notes just for all these volunteers.
    I feel so loved that I can't complain about my bad morning now. <3

Personally, I like it. It's a lot simpler than 3.5, but allows for enough variation to get the concept you want across.
    Yeah, and simple systems for me work best in online RPs. So I finally have a reason to be back in the GM chair for realsies.

*shudder* You know, it's weird that I'm more okay with ponies in Skyrim than I am with ponies in New Vegas. Maybe it's just that Skyrim already has two races which are essentially "human with animal parts."
    The fantasy setting to me helps with disbelief more than the sci-fi setting as well. But just in case, I'm still going to totally get some rum and coke going on that play through. ...Once I can get my computer upgraded. I think it's in cahoots with Derjuin's computer.

Working my way through An Evening with Mister Manchester in my playthrough of Tale of Two Wastelands, and I gotta admit, I'm feeling a bit frustrated. It's a well-enough made mod, but the logic of piecing things together feels a bit disjointed, and everything is spread out.
    Yay for walk-quests... [/Sarcasm]

Quote Originally Posted by Manga Shoggoth View Post
    (plus Fluttershy, who probably shouldn't count here)
    It's a nice touch that they're consistent with Fluttershy forgetting she's a pegasus when scared.

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    Honestly, if I don't get a shot at Digo's 5e pony game, I will CRY.
    Or, y'know, run my own. Whichever seems like the best idea at the time.

No pressure, Digo.
    No problem... no problem at all. Just gonna keep. on. ticking.

Ideas are coming to me. yes. ideas. take the time. no pressure, Deeg.
    Spoiler
    Show

(This is the joke, btw)

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    Did somepony say pony D&D image dump!? (Yes, I did. Just now.)
    You know... I used to say I missed my old group. But then I realized that after several failed attempts at "getting the band back together" when they had the free time they kind of all abandoned me. Except Todd. He has the perfectly good excuse of dying during heart surgery. Bless him, he was one of the best gamers I was lucky enough to have GM'd for.

Edit:

Oooh, hint at future episode?
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2015-08-29 at 09:42 AM.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

15. - Top - End - #1305
    Bugbear in the Playground

On solid clouds.

What's so implausible about a Mesa?
    Blue Star Topaz is my name
    Equestria's my station
    The Elements define my creed
    The Herd's my destination

16. - Top - End - #1306
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Oh, I see Mente Materia has updated sometime during this week. With a short intermission chapter and a sort of announcement that the next three chapters are a crossover with another fanfic "The Sweetie Chronicles"? Uh... anyone know that one? Something about a dimension hopping Sweetie Belle? I am not entirely sure what to think here, what about XCOM, isn't that enough of a crossover? Intertextual fanfics can get so confusing.

And because my mind likes to drift, I thought some more about loose ideas for D&D Equestria as a setting. Pardon the stream of thoughts here, it is quite unfiltered...

Spoiler: Equestria as a D&D Setting (Where are the gods?)
    Show
    If we're going with the whole divine powers are drawn from concepts, artifacts or the land itself, and that gods as D&D knows them not just don't exist currently, but likely never had to begin with, we end up with an interesting twist. Since in D&D, a world without gods is a dead world. So why is Equestria alive? Of course, we know that answer, because the ponies themselves handle the job that other settings have gods for! Who raises the sun and moon? Ponies. Who controls the weather, and even the seasons? Ponies. Who makes the lands grow, who takes care of the animals? Ponies. Who spreads joy and love, who roams the dreamscapes rooting out nightmares, who brings people together in friendship and harmony? Ponies, ponies, and ponies!

So you could argue that the ponies ARE the gods of the setting, except... they're not. While some of those things I mentioned are handled by single ponies who have specialized in that task, most of it is a community project. Cloudsdale floats on over to change the seasons, villages compete on who can clean up winter the fastest, or have races to shake the leaves off the trees. One pony is usually not that powerful, but a herd of them can perform miracles, even when they're not thinking of them as such.

This makes Equestria a quite weird setting in the divinity sense. We're possibly looking at a world where the divine domains have been crowdsourced. While some ponies pull more of a load in some divine aspects than others no pony knows more about the night or dreams than Luna, for instance, every pony has a small divine spark that they pool to make the world go around. Which, of course, if you want to fluff it like that, can be seen on any adult pony's flank. They call it a "Cutie Mark". An expression of that little magic that makes everypony unique. Except it's not Arcane magic. It's Divine.

Because when everypony is divine, nopony is. And that's why Equestria has no gods.

Of course, this does leave one issue... if there are no gods, then what happens to a pony's soul after they die? The show won't be much help here, so any ideas? To work as a D&D setting, Raise Dead has to work somehow, so where does it get the soul from?

Equestria is a weird setting, both in how it seems both so incompatible, and yet also seems kind of natural for the game, in a quite exotic way.

17. - Top - End - #1307

We're possibly looking at a world where the divine domains have been crowdsourced.
    That is a very interesting thought. ^.^

So clerics wouldn't be getting their spells from a god, but from the magic within the ponies around them that share these concepts? Thus few things are more dangerous than a group of ponies with a common goal?

Because when everypony is divine, nopony is.
    McNum is best Syndrome.

if there are no gods, then what happens to a pony's soul after they die? The show won't be much help here, so any ideas? To work as a D&D setting, Raise Dead has to work somehow, so where does it get the soul from?
    Reincarnation? Resurrection spells have limits because the soul only floats free for so long?
    Digo Dragon - Artist

18. - Top - End - #1308
    Colossus in the Playground

They become one with the Harmony,yet on some level retain their original self, allowing for resurrection.

so, like a force ghost, but without the manifesting.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2015-08-29 at 01:11 PM.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

19. - Top - End - #1309
    Ogre in the Playground

I hear these are banned in the US?

If there's an age verification thing going on when you try to access the site and you can't read the German fine print - no, Kinder Surprise eggs don't contain adult toys in Germany now. (Apparently we banned advertising to children under 12 online.)

I wonder how many of these things I'll end up going through to get a full set...
    Last edited by Silfir; 2015-08-29 at 01:21 PM.
    This signature is boring. The stuff I write might not be. Warning: Ponies.

20. - Top - End - #1310
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silfir View Post

If there's an age verification thing going on when you try to access the site and you can't read the German fine print - no, Kinder Surprise eggs don't contain adult toys in Germany now. (Apparently we banned advertising to children under 12 online.)

I wonder how many of these things I'll end up going through to get a full set...
    Yeah, apparently kids were accidentally eating the toys too or something. Which... makes me wonder.

So, I've just submitted an actual full (short) story to fimfic! My first actual full, finished story. If anyone would care to read it, it can be found here. If it's still passworded, the password is "Derjuin".

Surgeon General's Warning: Contains RariJack. May cause unexpected squees or groans. Do not use if you passed go and did not collect $200.
    Last edited by Derjuin; 2015-08-29 at 01:39 PM.
    Morning Star

21. - Top - End - #1311
    Ogre in the Playground

You learn something new every day. Banned more than 30 years before they were ever made. Apparently you can be fined for bringing them across the border.

The toys look pretty decent as far as these things go.
    Last edited by Madcrafter; 2015-08-29 at 01:39 PM.
    Devoted artificer of the church of Scorching Ray.

22. - Top - End - #1312
    Titan in the Playground

You know... I used to say I missed my old group. But then I realized that after several failed attempts at "getting the band back together" when they had the free time they kind of all abandoned me. Except Todd. He has the perfectly good excuse of dying during heart surgery. Bless him, he was one of the best gamers I was lucky enough to have GM'd for.
    It really sucks when that happens. Well, any part of that paragraph.

Oh, I see Mente Materia has updated sometime during this week. With a short intermission chapter and a sort of announcement that the next three chapters are a crossover with another fanfic "The Sweetie Chronicles"? Uh... anyone know that one? Something about a dimension hopping Sweetie Belle? I am not entirely sure what to think here, what about XCOM, isn't that enough of a crossover? Intertextual fanfics can get so confusing.

And because my mind likes to drift, I thought some more about loose ideas for D&D Equestria as a setting. Pardon the stream of thoughts here, it is quite unfiltered...

Spoiler: Equestria as a D&D Setting (Where are the gods?)
    Show
    If we're going with the whole divine powers are drawn from concepts, artifacts or the land itself, and that gods as D&D knows them not just don't exist currently, but likely never had to begin with, we end up with an interesting twist. Since in D&D, a world without gods is a dead world. So why is Equestria alive? Of course, we know that answer, because the ponies themselves handle the job that other settings have gods for! Who raises the sun and moon? Ponies. Who controls the weather, and even the seasons? Ponies. Who makes the lands grow, who takes care of the animals? Ponies. Who spreads joy and love, who roams the dreamscapes rooting out nightmares, who brings people together in friendship and harmony? Ponies, ponies, and ponies!

So you could argue that the ponies ARE the gods of the setting, except... they're not. While some of those things I mentioned are handled by single ponies who have specialized in that task, most of it is a community project. Cloudsdale floats on over to change the seasons, villages compete on who can clean up winter the fastest, or have races to shake the leaves off the trees. One pony is usually not that powerful, but a herd of them can perform miracles, even when they're not thinking of them as such.

This makes Equestria a quite weird setting in the divinity sense. We're possibly looking at a world where the divine domains have been crowdsourced. While some ponies pull more of a load in some divine aspects than others no pony knows more about the night or dreams than Luna, for instance, every pony has a small divine spark that they pool to make the world go around. Which, of course, if you want to fluff it like that, can be seen on any adult pony's flank. They call it a "Cutie Mark". An expression of that little magic that makes everypony unique. Except it's not Arcane magic. It's Divine.

Because when everypony is divine, nopony is. And that's why Equestria has no gods.

Of course, this does leave one issue... if there are no gods, then what happens to a pony's soul after they die? The show won't be much help here, so any ideas? To work as a D&D setting, Raise Dead has to work somehow, so where does it get the soul from?

Equestria is a weird setting, both in how it seems both so incompatible, and yet also seems kind of natural for the game, in a quite exotic way.
    Sweetie Chronicles is about Sweetie Bell jumping from popular fanfic to popular fanfic. IMO, it got pretty bad after they did Best Night Ever.

Your missing the obvious answer. Ponies handle it like they handle everything else. The pony ceremony for the dead ensures the soul passing on to the appropriate afterlife. The pony afterlife is the idealized what heaven is for ponies. That is to say, it's exactly what they think it is. Interestingly, all ponies go to the same afterlife, as they don't possess the belief in a 'bad' afterlife. Except for ponies who die, and no ceremony is performed. They become ghosts.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

23. - Top - End - #1313
    Ogre in the Playground

I've got pony Pinkie Pie and Human Rainbow Dash now. Apparently the stands are also the combs for their brushable tails, and tail-like Rainbow Power hair extensions.

The humans take after the doll design rather than the in-show one, with the makeup and lipstick, which looks especially out-of-place on Rainbow Dash in particular, considering she's wearing everyday clothes otherwise. She also doesn't have eyebrows. I'm tempted to paint some on and erase the lipstick somehow, but the figures are quite tiny, as you can imagine, and I have all the craftsmanship prowess of a toad.
    This signature is boring. The stuff I write might not be. Warning: Ponies.

24. - Top - End - #1314
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

That is a very interesting thought. ^.^

So clerics wouldn't be getting their spells from a god, but from the magic within the ponies around them that share these concepts? Thus few things are more dangerous than a group of ponies with a common goal?
    Something like that, yes. A coordinated herd of ponies is one of the most powerful things in Equestria. Not so much in the direct combat prowess sense, but in the sense that they shape the world itself around them. That's probably why Friendship is Magic, too. Ponies don't drain each other's magic when the rely on them. They bolster it. And thus, like the Mane 6, a small group of skilled ponies relying on each others strengths is one of the most potent forces in the world. Hence the existence of adventuring parties and ponies seeming to punch way above their weight class as peaceful herbivores.

Also, Tirek's plan to become all-powerful? Steal all pony magic. Interesting in the light of this.

McNum is best Syndrome.
    You sly dog, you got me monologuing!
    I couldn't resist tossing in that reference.

Reincarnation? Resurrection spells have limits because the soul only floats free for so long?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    They become one with the Harmony,yet on some level retain their original self, allowing for resurrection.

so, like a force ghost, but without the manifesting.
    ...must not make a "Becoming one with The Horse" pun... Ah, dangit.

It works, though. I wonder if it should be unknown to the world at large. I mean, the mechanics of it. Leaving death as the great unknown to all but the very, very few ponies who'd know. I'm thinking Celestia herself might be the only pony who knows for sure, maybe Luna too, and she's not telling. That Celestial Plane or whatever we could call it from Magical Mystery Cure could work, actually. A beautiful starfield and a literal memory lane of your life leading to whatever the destination is. And for some reason, Celestia can access it at will. Now isn't that odd?

And no, not proposing an undead Celestia, just that her being so aligned to the Sun and in that Life and Light, she can plane shift to the starry realm and back, much like any high level Cleric would be able to, if they knew where to go. But the great beyond? No one can go there... except for that one final time.

Your missing the obvious answer. Ponies handle it like they handle everything else. The pony ceremony for the dead ensures the soul passing on to the appropriate afterlife. The pony afterlife is the idealized what heaven is for ponies. That is to say, it's exactly what they think it is. Interestingly, all ponies go to the same afterlife, as they don't possess the belief in a 'bad' afterlife. Except for ponies who die, and no ceremony is performed. They become ghosts.
    And that could be what's in the great beyond, yes. It does seem right for the setting to have a happy ending like that. Maybe have it so ponies can voluntarily reincarnate if they desire another try at life. Eternal bliss could get boring, after all. Or even have it so bad ponies, or ponies who think that they in someway do not deserve a happy afterlife can ask for another go before even heading into their final reward. A little like the idea of Karma, I suppose.

The ghost thing reminds me of Final Fantasy X. The Unsent. Who begin to resent the living and become monsters. Or really powerful individuals who can keep their original forms, despite being long dead. There's so much room for a whole host of undead creatures in such a concept. But again, this should not be common knowledge. Ponies do the ceremony not out of fear that their loved one will return as a ghost, but simply because they care. And so, the Magic of Friendship ushers the soul to their destination.

Sweetie Chronicles is about Sweetie Bell jumping from popular fanfic to popular fanfic. IMO, it got pretty bad after they did Best Night Ever.
    Hmm... gonna set my expectations low. Also it seems a little odd to have a popular character killed and then suddenly have a crossover so someone else can do that character's job. Smells of replacement character, but from another fanfic.

25. - Top - End - #1315
    Ogre in the Playground

And now there's a 10 minute preview of the movie, including a new song.

And another short clip, featuring Flash Sentry.

26. - Top - End - #1316
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Madcrafter View Post

Spoiler: Short
    Show
    Hmmm. No, not really feeling this one. It... I dunno. Is it just me or do those three seem more like... steriotypes than characters here (especially the other two)?

I mean Flash shows a little... vanity, maybe...? beyond just "Generic Nice guy" but still... I was sort of expecting we might see something of a character here, but... Well, you could have replaced them with the CMC there and it would largely went the same way. They were sort of acting like children. And it was rather... understated, at that (compared to what, say Lyra and Bonbon were at.)

I think, at the very least, Hippy-chap and Nerd-chap are far too cliched and one dimensional (and worst of all, done-before). I mean, come on, the show's arguable lead and one of the other major characters sort of cover those areas, only with some actual character.

It's not just me right?

27. - Top - End - #1317
    Titan in the Playground

Well I'm still quite enjoying The Sweetie Chronicles, though it did get pretty dark for a few chapters of Backwards Through The Mirror. I'm glad it's moved on from that. And I didn't enjoy its crossover with FO:E Pink Eyes or Mendacity either.

But it's recently revisiting This Platinum Crown as a follow up to its crossover with Best Night Ever, which are all totally awesome. The Sweetie Belle-Blueblood interaction is just so heartwarming. And it also introduced me to The Immortal Game, which was all kinds of epic and is in my top three fics. So yay for the Sweetie Chronicles.

Edit: Also apparently FO:E Project Horizons has completed! I realise it's a bit controversial, but I feel better about starting it now I know there is an end to aim at, given how huge it is!
    Last edited by RCgothic; 2015-08-29 at 02:57 PM.

28. - Top - End - #1318
    Ogre in the Playground

Show
    Hmmm. No, not really feeling this one. It... I dunno. Is it just me or do those three seem more like... steriotypes than characters here (especially the other two)?

I mean Flash shows a little... vanity, maybe...? beyond just "Generic Nice guy" but still... I was sort of expecting we might see something of a character here, but... Well, you could have replaced them with the CMC there and it would largely went the same way. They were sort of acting like children. And it was rather... understated, at that (compared to what, say Lyra and Bonbon were at.)

I think, at the very least, Hippy-chap and Nerd-chap are far too cliched and one dimensional (and worst of all, done-before). I mean, come on, the show's arguable lead and one of the other major characters sort of cover those areas, only with some actual character.

It's not just me right?
    Spoiler
    Show
    I agree with you there. They probably should have them be younger characters, but there aren't any of those in high school land except the CMC, who've been shown harmoniously making a banner before.

Stereotyping is pretty par for this though. Need instant antagonism? Apply liberally. Plus they only have a few minutes, can't cram too much in.

29. - Top - End - #1319

Eeyup. When parents don't want to parent, we all end up not having nice things.

Sounds like "Challenge Accepted" to me...

It really sucks when that happens. Well, any part of that paragraph.
    It does, but I've managed to get mostly over it by now. I remember the good times and keep that in the spot light. Try to move on with just the happy memories and I think the desire to want to GM a full-fledged campaign online here is part of that moving on piece. I think. Well, it feels like the right steps anyway.

Except for ponies who die, and no ceremony is performed. They become ghosts.
    So... gotta do The Sending or you get a Final Fantasy X situation?
    (But with better voice acting)

*Looks at McNum's post* Haha, so it's not just me thinking that. :3 Not saying it's a bad idea. Just thought there was similarities to those ideas.

You sly dog, you got me monologuing!
    I couldn't resist tossing in that reference.
    You know me, I'm all for good movie referencing. :D

A beautiful starfield and a literal memory lane of your life leading to whatever the destination is. And for some reason, Celestia can access it at will. Now isn't that odd?
    Ohhhh...

And no, not proposing an undead Celestia, just that her being so aligned to the Sun and in that Life and Light, she can plane shift to the starry realm and back
    ...awwww.

Quote Originally Posted by Madcrafter View Post

Friendship Games stuff
    Spoiler
    Show
    I know Flash doesn't get much mileage out of this, but it takes a while for personality to show up and he gets like... 2 minutes per movie to do anything? The CMC took a few dedicated episodes to warm up. I did like Flash's snarky remark to the principals about what the school's good at. XD

Show

It's not just me right?
    Friendship Games stuff deux
    Spoiler
    Show
    It's a little stereotypical because it's a short and there wasn't much effort put into it other than "Hey let's have three guys argue about the banner design and they are from different circles and we have 2 minutes to do that so we can advertise the movie." So... no, no actual personalities were bothered with. I don't think that was the point of this short and probably because they're just minor characters that might only be seen a couple times in the background.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

30. - Top - End - #1320
    Titan in the Playground

Friendship Games stuff deux
    Spoiler
    Show
    It's a little stereotypical because it's a short and there wasn't much effort put into it other than "Hey let's have three guys argue about the banner design and they are from different circles and we have 2 minutes to do that so we can advertise the movie." So... no, no actual personalities were bothered with. I don't think that was the point of this short and probably because they're just minor characters that might only be seen a couple times in the background.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nope, that's not a good enough excuse.

DHX have managed much better in less time. (Hell, look at what we were able to extract from the Lyra/Bonbon short... Hell, how long were Lyra and Bonbon's actual scenes in Slice of Life; I bet it wasn't more than that, total.) Or what they did with Vinyl in her short...

No. They can - and HAVE - done better than this. This was just lazy writing, something that normally absolutely NOT something I can lay at their feet.