1. - Top - End - #241
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Peril and Fame (IC)

Spoiler: An obvious set up.
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by hi-mi-tsu View Post
    Spoiler: Tickets, please!
    Show

Shimura feels a light touch on his arm, and an amused, accented voice says "I'd listen to the boy and buy the second ticket. I can't promise to swoon, but I can promise to admire the fine craftsmanship of your swords. Plus, the show does look to be very entertaining, if the flyer's anything to go by."

An androgynous-looking girl is standing at Shimura's side. She stands about 5'4" and is slender of build.

"What do you say? If it's terrible, I'll pay you back for the ticket."

Shimura was taken aback by the woman's sudden appearance, but smiled to himself. They do just throw themselves at me, don't they. He bowed slightly. "Fine, fine. What could it hurt?" He paid the boy for two tickets and made his way towards the show with his new friend.

"So, to what do I owe the pleasure?"
    Quote Originally Posted by lt_murgen View Post
    Exploratory expeditions expeditiously expediting exploration would be epicurially equipped.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Barbarian in the Playground

Spoiler: Let's talk weapons!
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zabbarot View Post

Shimura was taken aback by the woman's sudden appearance, but smiled to himself. They do just throw themselves at me, don't they. He bowed slightly. "Fine, fine. What could it hurt?" He paid the boy for two tickets and made his way towards the show with his new friend.

"So, to what do I owe the pleasure?"

"Well, I'm new here, and you seem new here too. Plus, I could tell by your voice that you're Minkaian like me..." Amaya chuckled, and glanced at Shimura's swords.

"Plus, I appreciate a well-crafted blade. And yours look lovely. I was hoping we could chat about them. I'm Amaya, by the way. What's your name?"

3. - Top - End - #243
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Sure, we can talk about weapons.
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by hi-mi-tsu View Post
    "Well, I'm new here, and you seem new here too. Plus, I could tell by your voice that you're Minkaian like me..." Amaya chuckled, and glanced at Shimura's swords.

"Plus, I appreciate a well-crafted blade. And yours look lovely. I was hoping we could chat about them. I'm Amaya, by the way. What's your name?"

Shimura bowed slightly and introduced himself, "Shimura Hachiro," it was probably safe to use his name. Minkai was a lifetime away now. He continued in Minkaian, "It's been so long since I've spoken to another from Minkai. Forgive me if I'm a bit out of practice." He shifted his blades as they walked and slid the cold iron one partially out of it's sheathe, "This one I made. The other I inherited." A small lie, but not really an important one. "I'm opening a shop in town."
    Quote Originally Posted by lt_murgen View Post
    Exploratory expeditions expeditiously expediting exploration would be epicurially equipped.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Troll in the Playground

Valamir, Irčne, and Zuberi
    Sewers, Dockway

While all of Zuberi's blows strike flesh, he feels an unnatural amount of resistance, as if he were punching leather stretched over rock. Though bloodied, the two goblins seem more angry than injured. The third spits out a tooth before shrieking something in Goblin better left untranslated.

Asher pulls a throwing knife from his jacket and hurls it with lethal precision, but it strikes the nearest goblin with an audible plink and doesn't even leave a mark on his throat.

Valamir's shot goes wide and the arrow skitters harmlessly down the masonry.

The two goblins around Zuberi go berserk and quite literally try to bite his legs off. One succeeds in sinking its teeth into his thigh and hangs on for a painful second before being batted away.

The northernmost goblin leaps over the barricade with abandon, mouth open and tongue flailing in the air. He latches on to Valamir's shoulder and chomps hard before falling away and splashing into the water below.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Valamir takes 9 damage. Zuberi takes 5. The party may act again.

Spoiler: Irčne
    Show
    Irčne is now certain that the goblins must be half demons! Cold Iron weapons would pierce their hides.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ettin in the Playground

Sewers, Dockway

Zuberi recoiled as the goblin's foul teeth sank into his thigh, managing to tear himself free of the beast's grip. Irčne yelled something from down the corridor, but he already knew what he needed to. These were no ordinary goblins, so as he centered himself for his next attack Zuberi channeled the fullness of his essence into one devastating opening blow.

Spoiler: Attack
    Show
    Zuberi will be spending 1 Ki Point to add an extra attack to his Flurry of Blows and another to initiate a Shattering Punch with his first attack.

G2 Shattering Punch (Ignores DR):
    (1d20+11)[17]

Damage:
    (1d8+5)[12]

G2 Attack 2:
    (1d20+11)[24]

Damage:
    (1d8+5)[12]

G3 Attack 1:
    (1d20+11)[27]

Damage:
    (1d8+5)[10]

G3 Attack 2:
    (1d20+6)[8]

Damage:
    (1d8+5)[11]

I was old when the pharaohs first mounted
    The jewel-decked throne by the Nile;
    I was old in those epochs uncounted
    When I, and I only, was vile;

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by apocalypsePast2 View Post
    ...one could possibly refer to you guys' elaborate dance of allies-to-enemies-to-suicide-of-the-universe as some sort of weird art form.

If one were on drugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Behold, the mighty slayer of strangely coloured mutant equines! The thwarter of forum woes! The! Dark! DM!

6. - Top - End - #246
    Troll in the Playground

Goblins 2 and 3 are badly beaten and blood streams freely from their noses and ears, but they fight on!

7. - Top - End - #247
    Firbolg in the Playground

As her eyes flitted over the goblins, watching Zuberi's initial attacks stop dead against their flesh and Asher's knife bounce right off, Irčne put two and two together with the addition of their claws.

"I think the goblins have demonic blood in them! If you have anything with cold iron in it, now's the time to use it!"

In the meantime... adamantine may be hard enough to cut through iron and break through walls, but it's not going to help against the goblins. Time to even the odds a little.

Irčne closed her eyes. In her mind, she pictured a perfect circle, projecting it out onto the battlefield. Then, with a mighty kiai, she gathered a glowing handful of light and thrust it into the air. A form began to take place on the battlefield...

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Spending a full-round action to use Summon Monster III, bringing forth a Lantern Archon at square K51.

Should it become relevant, my Concentration bonus is +14.

Last edited by Lord Of Mantas; 2015-08-30 at 05:33 PM.
    Everything dissolves into blue.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ettin in the Playground

Valamir

"Goblin bastard!" Valamir hissed as the creature sunk its teeth into his shoulder. Valamir dropped his bow, and out swept his elven curve blade. He stared down at the ugly creature, swinging at the goblin's neck with both hands tightly gripping the sword.

Show

Dropping the bow.
    Move action to draw his sword.
    Standard action to attack!
    Attack roll vs G1 (1d20+11)[21]
    Damage: (1d10+7)[13]
    Many thanks to Ceika for the Custom Avatar!

9. - Top - End - #249
    Troll in the Playground

Sewers, Dockway

Valamir slices away a chunk of flesh from the goblin's shoulder. He yowls in a mix of pain and rage before leaping up and clawing for the man's legs. His claws sink into the side of Valamir's calf before he falls away into the filth again.

The second goblin, 'Zog' apparently, shrieks for the third to run for help. Zog lunges for Zuberi's throat while the third attempts to scampers through Zuberi's legs and flees south!

"Zog gonna make sweet love to your skull!" he whispers, mid mauling.

Asher leaps down into the water next to Goblin 1 and makes a clumsy attack with his short sword that sails over his monster's head.

Show
    Zuberi takes 16 damage. Valamir takes 6. Good guys are up!

Vai
    Six's Tower, Outside Magnimar

Six turns around from the cupboard and beams, "Oh, you're lovely aren't you? It's fun when people play along. No, love, it's just Six. Boring old Church of Iomedae approved Six."

He pours three cups of water from a small crystal vial, but in a wink its transformed into steaming black tea. "Sugar?" he asks, gesturing with his pinkie finger at the cup. Or rather, in this context, would she like it to taste as if it has sugar in it. The tea is placed unceremoniously down on the scarred and stained coffee table.

"Now, just what have you got in your pockets that has my raven all... fluffy. C'mon, I'm excited. What'd you bring daddy Six?" He giggles before throwing himself butt-first into the overstuffed chair by the fire.
    Last edited by Nefarion Xid; 2015-08-30 at 06:21 PM.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ettin in the Playground

Valamir

Valamir swing at the creature again. "How do you like that, you little jerk? When you're dead, I'm going to write down your name and post it for all other Goblins to see!" Valamir taunted the goblin, despite not actually knowing the goblin's name.

Show
    Attack: (1d20+11)[25]
    Damage: (1d20+7)[17]

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: Oops
    Show
    Yeah, ignore that damage roll.

Should be (1d10+7)[12]

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ettin in the Playground

Sewers, Dockway

Zuberi briefly considered chasing down the fleeing goblin, but then the other one was upon him in a flurry of teeth and claws and worse things. Trusting in his companions to arrest the goblin's flight, he turned to finish off the one before him.

Show
    Regular old Flurry of Blows, spending one more Ki Point to initiate a Shattering Punch, all on the remaining goblin.

Shattering Punch (Ignores DR):
    (1d20+11)[12]

Damage:
    (1d8+5)[13]

Attack 2:
    (1d20+11)[30]

Damage:
    (1d8+5)[12]

Attack 3:
    (1d20+6)[12]

Damage:
    (1d8+5)[6]

Vai

Spoiler: Previously...
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Nefarion Xid View Post
    Vai

Six turns around from the cupboard and beams, "Oh, you're lovely aren't you? It's fun when people play along. No, love, it's just Six. Boring old Church of Iomedae approved Six."

He pours three cups of water from a small crystal vial, but in a wink its transformed into steaming black tea. "Sugar?" he asks, gesturing with his pinkie finger at the cup. Or rather, in this context, would she like it to taste as if it has sugar in it. The tea is placed unceremoniously down on the scarred and stained coffee table.

"Now, just what have you got in your pockets that has my raven all... fluffy. C'mon, I'm excited. What'd you bring daddy Six?" He giggles before throwing himself butt-first into the overstuffed chair by the fire.

Vai nodded when asked about sugar, but remained silent after Six asked his question. Instead, she took a slow sip of the magically conjured tea and gave the wizard a teasing smile.

"Wouldn't you like to know? But that's the special prize for the end, not the opening bid. Suffice it to say I pulled it and more out of a...local ruin."

She winked, hiding nothing about what kind of local ruin she was likely talking about.

"Sadly, neither I nor my companions have much skill at identifying the more eldritch secrets we found down there. That's why I came to you. I heard you were a man of estimable skill who wasn't weighed down by petty concerns."

Spoiler
    Show
    Diplomacy:
    (1d20+14)[28]

Spoiler
    Show
    ...one could possibly refer to you guys' elaborate dance of allies-to-enemies-to-suicide-of-the-universe as some sort of weird art form.

If one were on drugs.
    Behold, the mighty slayer of strangely coloured mutant equines! The thwarter of forum woes! The! Dark! DM!

13. - Top - End - #253

Show
    Sewers, Dockway

Valamir slices away a chunk of flesh from the goblin's shoulder. He yowls in a mix of pain and rage before leaping up and clawing for the man's legs. His claws sink into the side of Valamir's calf before he falls away into the filth again.

The second goblin, 'Zog' apparently, shrieks for the third to run for help. Zog lunges for Zuberi's throat while the third attempts to scampers through Zuberi's legs and flees south!

"Zog gonna make sweet love to your skull!" he whispers, mid mauling.

Asher leaps down into the water next to Goblin 1 and makes a clumsy attack with his short sword that sails over his monster's head.

Opening her eyes as the summoning ritual was complete, Irene's eyes widened in panic as she saw the third goblin making a run for it.

S**t! We can't let him escape! He'll give us away for sure!

"<Archon! Chase the fleeing demonic goblin down and attack it, or he will surely fetch the rest of his evil bretheren!>"

But just to make sure...

Thinking quickly, Irčne thrust her hand forward and twiddled her fingers, focusing on the image of an alligator. Seconds later, an illusory crocodilian thus sprang forth from the water beside the goblin, baring its teeth as Irčne made it roar.

Those live in sewers, right? Hopefully it'll persuade the goblin to stop long enough for the archon to take it down...

Show
    Irene will order the now-summoned Archon to pursue Goblin 3, attacking with its light rays while exuding that sweet Aura of Menace. It has a 60 foot speed of perfect flight, so hopefully it can get past goblin 2 if Zuberi can't kill it...

As for herself, she will cast a Minor Image of an alligator emerging from the sewer, which will hopefully dissuade the goblin from running or at the very least make it waste some time trying to fight it. DC to disbelieve is 18.
    Last edited by Lord Of Mantas; 2015-08-30 at 07:29 PM.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Troll in the Playground

Vai

Six took inventory for Vai's pilfered goodies.

"Ironically, this pendant could make you into a competent appraiser. That's what you call irony, in'it love? Guards against illusions as well. Now here's the lovely part, I think I know who this belonged to. Bloke went missing about 5 years ago. A Kalmeralm... former Prince of the Market -- that's the Bazaar of Sails. His daughter runs the place now. She'd be interested to know what happened to daddy."

"Just a Qadiran trinket, not that interesting... back into the pile then!"

He estimates the pile of Thassilonian coins might fetch 450 gp, if she found a collector, maybe 500 if you talked them up a bit and gave them a story. More if she sold them individually as collectors items, but the lot will go for 450-500.

He examined the singular magical coin.

"Clever little thing! Always comes up heads, lookit!" Flip flip flip when the coin.

"The ranseur... a good likeness of the one Alaznist wielded. Not all that impressive. Perhaps worth a bit to a collector?"

At this, Vai cocked her head.

"I'm afraid I don't know who you mean by Alaznist?"

"Only the cheeky dame who ruled a chunk of this here kingdom! The Rune Lord of Wrath, lovey!"

"Ah, of course."

The artifacts from the Irespan piling identified, Vai leaned back in her seat and took another sip of tea.

"Well, I suppose the lucky man wins the prize."

Six clapped his hands together as she drew out the triangular blade of adamantine and placed it on the table, only for him magically draw it towards himself. Examining it as it floated midair, he looked back towards Vai.

"Well... that IS interesting. Don't suppose I get the story, hm?"

"Suffice it to say our Qadirian friend died for it."

"Oh, I'll bet he did. What we have here in a piece of the Sihedron or I'm your uncle. Scratch that, I might be your uncle. Do you have an auntie named Rana?"

"Two, actually. But what is this...Sihedron?"

Six settled into his chair and introduced Vai to the long and tumultuous history of ancient Thassilon. He explained the Sihedron's connection with the seven sins and the seven schools of magic, as well as the original seven virtues.

"What we have here is the adamantine shard of Greed. Not a dangerous thing... nothing I mind you hanging onto, love. Frankly I've got more dangerous toys in my night stand drawer. More interesting if you had the six other pieces. But alone? Just a curiosity. An expensive curiosity..."

"As such, I will take it off your hands for a cool... oh, eight thousand seems fair? Be a love and throw in the harpy thing... zither... whatever."

Sewers, Dockway

Hammered in the head by Zuberi, Zog drops to the ground insensate. Down the southern corridor, a gurgled scream hints that the archon's fiery light found its mark. Meanwhile, the last goblin standing howls and continues his hopping assault against Valamir. His lightning fast claws rip along the man's collarbones, dangerously close to his carotid artery.

Asher quick strikes bounce harmlessly off the goblin's skin.

Show
    Valamir takes 9 damage from a crit! G2 and G3 are down. Valamir has wounded G1 severely.
    Last edited by Nefarion Xid; 2015-08-31 at 07:05 PM.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Ettin in the Playground

Valamir

A near feral grin upon his lips, Valamir slices once more at the goblin, hoping to extinguish its miserable life.

Show
    Attack: (1d20+11)[22]
    Damage: (1d10+7)[9]

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ettin in the Playground

Sewers, Dockway

Sensing victory was near, Zuberi climbed atop the goblin's makeshift barricade and struck out against the lone survivor.

Show
    Attack:
    (1d20+12)[21]

Damage:
    (1d8+5)[7]

Vai

Vai considered all she'd been told for a moment before leaning forward with a breathy sigh.

"Your offer is tempting, Six, but so is the allure of such an ancient piece of history. I'm willing to part with the zither, happy to, even, especially if you'll tell me how to allay the shard's curse."

Six considered her critically for a moment before shrugging and taking the zither from the assembled pile of loot.

"Agreed!"

He plucked at it experimentally,

"What you need is a ioun stone, a pale blue rhomboid. That'll unlock the shard's potential and keep the gnawing greed at bay! I know Heidmarch has a lovely collection of ioun stones. You could bother her for one. All the same, eight thousand gold will buy a lot more fun than a dusty old relic..."

Vai smiled at him, standing to circle around until she was hanging on his shoulder.

"I can have plenty of fun with no gold at all."

She gave his ear a playful nip before withdrawing and gathering up the spoils of the Crow.

"You've earned yourself a repeat customer, Six. Maybe we'll see each other again soon."

Spoiler
    Show

If one were on drugs.

17. - Top - End - #257

"<Good work! Now come back and help us finish off the last one!>" Irčne called out, seeing the third goblin fall to the onslaught of the Archon. Moving forward, she then brought down her morningstar with a feral yell, intent on helping Valamir finish off the remaining goblin.

Spoiler: Action
    Show
    In the unlikely event it survives Valamir's attack...

Attack: (1d20+7)[9]
    Damage: (1d8+4)[11]

Unfortunately, the swing of her spiked club went wide, missing the goblin entirely.
    Last edited by Lord Of Mantas; 2015-08-30 at 08:27 PM.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Troll in the Playground

Sewers, Dockway

The last goblin collapses into the muck and sputters for a bit before going still. Despite the noise the monsters made, no aid comes from the south and the sewer is once against silent spare for the constant trickle of water.

While the goblins have no treasures on their persons, they've piled a heap of goodies in the corner of the storeroom. There are two unopened bottles of liquor -- Valamir estimates these potent potables might be worth 40 gp each. A heavy gold chain should fetch 100 gp. There's a masterwork steel shield, plain and in good condition. And all of it has been perched atop several fat bags stuffed with coins. Unfortunately, almost hilariously unfortunately, every single coin (all 9922 of them) are copper pennies.
    Last edited by Nefarion Xid; 2015-08-30 at 08:39 PM.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Ettin in the Playground

Vai

As Vai turned to go, Six sputtered a final offer.

"All right all right... nine thousand. Nine and a half if you don't tell Heidmarch!"

Vai turned like a cat catching a whiff of its prey, and smiled.

"Why Six, is that generosity?"

Vai sat down in the wizards lap, swinging her legs coquetishly.

"I could sell it to you if I knew you wanted to be my friend, Six."

She leaned closer.

"Do you want to be my friend?"

Six glances down,

"Well, I call it Davey, but you can call it Generosity if you like. Good a name as any. 9500 and...well..."

Vai slapped his face playfully, wiggling in his lap as she did so.

"Sold."

Vai whispered in his ear as her hand started to creep down his chest.

"And don't tell Heidmarch!"

"Of course not. We're friends."
    Last edited by TheDarkDM; 2015-08-30 at 08:43 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

If one were on drugs.

20. - Top - End - #260

Show
    Sewers, Dockway

The last goblin collapses into the muck and sputters for a bit before going still. Despite the noise the monsters made, no aid comes from the south and the sewer is once against silent spare for the constant trickle of water.

While the goblins have no treasures on persons, they've piled a heap of goodies in the corner of the storeroom. There are two unopened bottles of liquor -- Valamir estimates these potent potables might be worth 40 gp each. A heavy gold chain should fetch 100 gp. There's a masterwork steel shield, plain and in good condition. And all of it has been perched atop several fat bags stuffed with coins. Unfortunately, almost hilariously unfortunately, every single coin (all 9922 of them) are copper pennies.

Irčne didn't know whether to laugh or facepalm at the bags filled with copper pennies. "Well, assuming we get these up above, the local stores will never want for small change. I have good upper body strength; I can help carry some of this." She then turned to Asher. "If you would be so kind as to get working on the goblin's ear trophies, Asher, that would be most appreciated. In the meantime..." Reaching into her pocket and pulling out her wand, she turned to Valamir and Zuberi. "The both of you look badly beaten up. I know you have your own wand of healing, Valamir, but I'm guessing you might want some healing, Zuberi?"

Show
    Irene will burn as many charges as necessary to heal everyone up to at least within 4 HP of full health. We'll start off with rolling the dice 5 times; I think that should do it.

(1d8+1)[9]
    Show
    (1d8+1)[7]
    (1d8+1)[8]
    (1d8+1)[8]
    (1d8+1)[9]

21. - Top - End - #261
    Ettin in the Playground

Sewers, Dockway

Zuberi stepped forwards at the mention of healing.

Show
    Zuberi will take the first three of those rolls to get within 2 of max.

Spoiler
    Show

If one were on drugs.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ettin in the Playground

Valamir

Smirking at the woman's mention of upper body strength, Valamir eyes the woman before replying, "Well...it's enough to get good and drunk tonight (assuming Lady Luck continues to bless us), and we will only add to that with every goblin we dispatch. What do you say?"

"Indeed!" Valamir replied at Irčne's remark involving his wand, his smirk replaced with a weary smile. The Rogue produced his own wand and as he began to use it, muttered, "At least that was a battle we could fight. What I want to know is why these goblins were...enhanced. Any ideas?" After asking his question, the Fetchling sheathed his sword and retrieved his bow, restringing the latter over his shoulder.

Show
    Expending 4 uses of his wand to heal up to max.

23. - Top - End - #263

Irčne brought her hand to her chin for a minute as she thought, a worried look crossing her face."Well, there was this band of adventurers a while back that encountered a bunch of goblins in Sandpoint that had been mutated with an unholy draught called the Waters of Lamashtu... But that couldn't have produced the ones we saw here. Far too fast, and no outward sign of a deformity. No... these must be the spawn of a full-blooded demon."

"This is very bad."

Show
    Also, Irene will grab the regular loot first and put it in her pack before trying to grab any of the pennybags.

Last edited by Lord Of Mantas; 2015-08-31 at 04:38 AM.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ettin in the Playground

Valamir

"Oh, how wonderful! Just when I thought goblins couldn't be even more repulsive, they mate with demons." Valamir made a face. "That's not a mental image I wanted." After a moment, he continued, "Shall we press on then, and see what we're up against?"

25. - Top - End - #265

Irčne shook her head. "If it took us this much effort to handle the forward guard, we're going to need proper weapons. I recommend we retreat to the surface and try to quickly find a blacksmith's. Hopefully we can find one that sells cold iron weaponry."

Show
    Assuming we in fact do so....

Diplomacy (Gather Information to find one): (1d20+15)[21]

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ettin in the Playground

Valamir

"I suppose you are right," the Fetchling agreed, and then laughed. "It's funny, you know. I left my home - a land in which there are probably a larger number of demons per capita than any other land - and only here do I need a cold iron weapon. Do you suppose that Shimura fellow on the ship could be found? I think he was a smith of some kind, and seemed an agreeable sort."

Show
    Valamir will also try to gather information on locations of smiths who do good workmanship, particularly Shimura (or would that be a knowledge (local) check since it's about a particular person?). Since Valamir wisely chose Diplomacy as his first skill for Rogue's Edge, he can gather information in half the time required (I assume that means 1d2 instead of 1d4 hours).

Edit: Ship, not boat. Bad Othniel.
    Last edited by Othniel; 2015-08-31 at 02:49 PM.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Ettin in the Playground

Valamir

Information having been gathered, Valamir stopped the others before they separate. "We should figure out a plan before we proceed any farther, I suppose. After getting myself cleaned, I am going to seek out Shimura, and find out if he can and will craft a blade for me. If not, I will seek out this Randred Derexhi. I then intend to visit this Six fellow if there is still time today, and find out what we may about fighting demonspawn. Otherwise, he may have to wait until tomorrow. If fortune is not with me in finding a weapon by then, I will inquire there as well. Would any of you like to come with me?"

Show
    I assume there is still plenty of daylight since we entered the sewers in the morning?

28. - Top - End - #268

Irčne nodded. "That sounds exactly like my plan. I will accompany you."

Then, unbidden, the image of Royce came to his mind, and his promise to rid the city of monsters. And the image of his broad shoulders. And his well developed muscles, writhing and rippling as he-

Irčne realized she'd snapped into a daydream and shook herself, a blush evident across her face.

"It may also be worth our time to track down Royce Greenwald, the man who told me earlier about the swarms and spider monsters. He'll likely be found at the Deadeye Lodge, and I'm certain he'd help us if we asked."
    Last edited by Lord Of Mantas; 2015-08-31 at 08:35 PM.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Ettin in the Playground

Valamir

Valamir squinted at Irčne as her cheeks colored. "I wouldn't want to take him away from from whatever very important work he is up to."

Show
    Perhaps we should go see Royce first, to give Zabbarot time to do his stuff?

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ettin in the Playground

Vai
    Bazaar of Sails
    Sunday Morning

A nondescript bag tucked underneath her arm, Vai thanked the master smith for his fine work and admired the wavy lines of silver that had alchemically wormed their way into the steel of her curveblade. An experimental slash through the air confirmed that any change in its balance was too slight for even her practiced hand to detect, and with the chink of gold and platinum Vai continued on her way. She perused the tangled maze of the Bazaar of Sails, stopping momentarily to spend an exorbitant sum on a slim bag of fine red leather and a wand of black ash, securing both to her belt. As she went, she listed for the gossip of the day, all the while making her way towards the headquarters of Sabriyya Kalmeralm, Princess of the Market.

Spoiler
    Show

If one were on drugs.