New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 49 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Spamalot in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XCIV: It's A Working Title!

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Lucky. Hope mine goes as well.
    Hope it does too!

Oooh, preview clip for new Episode~
    Spoiler: S6_E11
    Show
    Huh. That was nothing like how I imagined Fluttershy's brother. Not much on dad either, but mom is kind of how I was picturing it... maybe a little less looking like Velma from Scooby Doo. XD
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

2. - Top - End - #242
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Hope it does too!
    Well, it's been rescheduled, so.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Ogre in the Playground

Oooh, preview clip for new Episode~
    Spoiler: S6_E11
    Show
    Huh. That was nothing like how I imagined Fluttershy's brother. Not much on dad either, but mom is kind of how I was picturing it... maybe a little less looking like Velma from Scooby Doo. XD
    Spoiler: New Episode Trailer
    Show
    Huh. *takes headcannon for Fluttershy's parents, crosses out 'father' and 'mother' and writes in 'uncle' and 'aunt'*
    I get the unfortunate feeling that Fluttershy's brother is going to get on my nerves very quickly.
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

4. - Top - End - #244

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Well, it's been rescheduled, so.
    Ah. That's a bit of a downer.

Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post
    Spoiler: New Episode Trailer
    Show
    Huh. *takes headcannon for Fluttershy's parents, crosses out 'father' and 'mother' and writes in 'uncle' and 'aunt'*
    I get the unfortunate feeling that Fluttershy's brother is going to get on my nerves very quickly.
    Spoiler: Upcoming Episode
    Show
    There's a bit of a line here, I think. Maybe now or at some point in the past many viewers have lived with their parents for various reasons. I feel this episode is going to portray the "bad" kind of live-in and that's probably going to annoy the type of people who moved home for good reasons.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

5. - Top - End - #245
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Edit-- Huh, in and out of the doctor's office in 9 minutes. That appointment has gotta be an academy record.
    you can thank me for that
    I sucked up ALL the waiting time
    Wednesday appointment at 1145..dr walks into the room at 1430
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

6. - Top - End - #246
    Orc in the Playground

Re new episode, not really spoiler-y as it was on EQD but just in case...
    Spoiler
    Show
    apparently written by the guy who did newbie dash... Hope it works out better. I didn't really 'feel' that ep, mostly because I felt he pushed the impersonations too far time-wise; it just dragged on and on. We're all allowed one off day, though, right?

7. - Top - End - #247

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    you can thank me for that
    I sucked up ALL the waiting time
    Wednesday appointment at 1145..dr walks into the room at 1430
    OUCH. That's a long difference.
    And if you're late to an appointment, they charge you, but why is it never the other way around?

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Pilum View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    We're all allowed one off day, though, right?
    Not if you work retail during the holiday rush. :x

Spoiler
    Show
    Digo Dragon - Artist

8. - Top - End - #248
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

yeah..especially since i am midnight shift...so that whole time at the dr's office is the middle of the night for me...........
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

full size avatar

9. - Top - End - #249
    Titan in the Playground

yeah..especially since i am midnight shift...so that whole time at the dr's office is the middle of the night for me...........
    Narsty...

Sadly, I think maybr one or two War for the Overworld scenario maps and i'll about have had enough. Unfortunately, without any kind of script editor like Keeper 1 had, there's only so much you can do with a map and you just can't make them as interesting. Heck, you can't even do things like limit the availability of rooms and such. so really all the community can do is not give your portals or something. Gets a bit too samy after awhile. Got one more map where you start with a hero portal, not a minion one, then I think I'll have about exhausted the potential again.

Maybe one day...?

10. - Top - End - #250

Ouch. D:

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Sadly, I think maybr one or two War for the Overworld scenario maps and i'll about have had enough.
    I was able to play a few minutes of Space Empires V earlier, and for some reason I was making up in my head a letter written by Princess Celestia of the Solar Empire to Bleakbane (whom she found on Craig's Lich) asking if the guilt of glassing an enemy's planet goes away within 3 turns.

Because the enemy refused to surrender and their fleet had boots on the ground on the planet Appleloosa III, so glassing the neighboring enemy planet would cut off the starship factory there that was supplying the enemy with troops and tanks.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

11. - Top - End - #251
    Titan in the Playground

I was able to play a few minutes of Space Empires V earlier, and for some reason I was making up in my head a letter written by Princess Celestia of the Solar Empire to Bleakbane (whom she found on Craig's Lich) asking if the guilt of glassing an enemy's planet goes away within 3 turns.

Because the enemy refused to surrender and their fleet had boots on the ground on the planet Appleloosa III, so glassing the neighboring enemy planet would cut off the starship factory there that was supplying the enemy with troops and tanks.
    Guilt?

*snerk*

Actually, though... I generally don't glass enemy planets. I'll just wait until I drop eneough troops to conquer it instead usually after clearing the system and sitting on the warp points. (Though sadly it seems my first game will never be completed, since when I load up the save, it crashes out. Mind you, it was only going to be a long and steady slog to the end anyway, I'd hit the top of the tech tree...)
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2016-06-03 at 08:18 PM.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Pilum View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    apparently written by the guy who did newbie dash... Hope it works out better. I didn't really 'feel' that ep, mostly because I felt he pushed the impersonations too far time-wise; it just dragged on and on. We're all allowed one off day, though, right?
    Spoiler: Upcoming episode
    Show
    I've been worried about this one since I read the synopsis. Learning that it's written by the same person who did Newbie Dash, I have no expectations whatsoever in this being good. I just hope it's not "Turn me off from the show entirely" level offensive. But that's a slim hope now.

I'm definitely going to read spoilers BEFORE watching this one.

13. - Top - End - #253

The good news is that my family didn't let me sleep, so I'm really tired right now. Which led to a thought.
    Spoiler: Digo Continues to Ponder His Apocalyptic Epic
    Show
    I went over to Fimfiction and did some searching on Cyberpunk stories. I found only a few, and the majority of them are abandoned or more about HiE kind of short tales. So this got me thinking--

What about placing my story in a Shadowrun setting?

It seems very underused with Pony, and rightfully so-- it's sort of the opposite kind of world Equestria as we know it is. If you've played the RPG, you first think of the setting as a corporate-run dystopia; huge gap between rich and poor, big brother watching you, ruined landscape from exploitation and pollution... it's like a post-bomb world, but with more commercials. However there are "apocalyptic" areas of the world that can easily fit the narrative I want (If you know what the Redmond Barrens are, then you will see where I'm going with this). After writing a partial chapter in FOE and a made up setting of my own design, the latter is very doable. Now I'm going for a third write up with this idea. Because I hate myself and want to succeed. XD

Incidentally, Shadowrun is a good comparison because it has lots of the same elements as FOE-- cybertech, magic, mutant animals, crazy one-eyed fiends.

Guilt?

*snerk*
    Yes, I found that an amusing little bit of humor myself. :3

Actually, though... I generally don't glass enemy planets. I'll just wait until I drop enough troops to conquer it instead usually after clearing the system and sitting on the warp points.
    Invasion/conquering has been my main plan in these wars (yeah, I'm now in two), but I could not spare a ground invasion force as all my soldiers were defending Appleloosa III, a very rich planet vital to the Equestrian war machine. So the best option was to just destroy the enemy planet and cut their supply line.
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2016-06-04 at 07:15 AM.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

14. - Top - End - #254
    Titan in the Playground

The good news is that my family didn't let me sleep, so I'm really tired right now. Which led to a thought.
    Spoiler: Digo Continues to Ponder His Apocalyptic Epic
    Show
    I went over to Fimfiction and did some searching on Cyberpunk stories. I found only a few, and the majority of them are abandoned or more about HiE kind of short tales. So this got me thinking--

What about placing my story in a Shadowrun setting?

It seems very underused with Pony, and rightfully so-- it's sort of the opposite kind of world Equestria as we know it is. If you've played the RPG, you first think of the setting as a corporate-run dystopia; huge gap between rich and poor, big brother watching you, ruined landscape from exploitation and pollution... it's like a post-bomb world, but with more commercials. However there are "apocalyptic" areas of the world that can easily fit the narrative I want (If you know what the Redmond Barrens are, then you will see where I'm going with this). After writing a partial chapter in FOE and a made up setting of my own design, the latter is very doable. Now I'm going for a third write up with this idea. Because I hate myself and want to succeed. XD

Incidentally, Shadowrun is a good comparison because it has lots of the same elements as FOE-- cybertech, magic, mutant animals, crazy one-eyed fiends.
    I fully support that idea, though Shadowrun isn't really post-apocalyptic
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

15. - Top - End - #255

Well. That... um, happened.
    Spoiler: Flutter Brudder
    Show
    I spent most of the episode hoping someone would give Zephyr that slap upside the head he desperately needed. He was definitely the kind of friend/relative bum that makes you cringe when they visit. And if you know me, very little in this show causes me to cringe. So this was kind of a first? Yikes. Interesting that everypony already knew Zaph-- Dash, Pinkie, AJ, but not us the audience. That felt kind of weird to me at first, but I think that was the best way to play it out since they're all friends for a few years and should know Zeph if he's always pulling off that noise. Overall, kind of a forgettable episode. Zeph opening his trap gives me the urge to punch him in his perfect little teeth. XD

Well, glad he got his act together at the end (mostly). We also now know Fluttershy's family. And apparently their surname is Shy?

Pony names are weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    I fully support that idea, though Shadowrun isn't really post-apocalyptic
    True, it isn't really. There are places in the Shadowrun world that have some occasional post-apocalyptic aspects; Redmond neighborhoods are so run down that they lack basic utilities and are largely abandoned. Downtown Chicago was nuked and then walled off so it's got an "Escape from New York vibe". So touches some details but not fully p.a.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

16. - Top - End - #256
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Show
    I spent most of the episode hoping someone would give Zephyr that slap upside the head he desperately needed. He was definitely the kind of friend/relative bum that makes you cringe when they visit. And if you know me, very little in this show causes me to cringe. So this was kind of a first? Yikes. Interesting that everypony already knew Zaph-- Dash, Pinkie, AJ, but not us the audience. That felt kind of weird to me at first, but I think that was the best way to play it out since they're all friends for a few years and should know Zeph if he's always pulling off that noise. Overall, kind of a forgettable episode. Zeph opening his trap gives me the urge to punch him in his perfect little teeth. XD

Well, glad he got his act together at the end (mostly). We also now know Fluttershy's family. And apparently their surname is Shy?

Pony names are weird.

True, it isn't really. There are places in the Shadowrun world that have some occasional post-apocalyptic aspects; Redmond neighborhoods are so run down that they lack basic utilities and are largely abandoned. Downtown Chicago was nuked and then walled off so it's got an "Escape from New York vibe". So touches some details but not fully p.a.

Shame you didnt join that Shadowrun game I applied too Digo

Spoiler: Flutter Brutter
    Show
    OMG!!! What a egocentric pushy lazy loser! I loved a few thing in this episode, like the Link pony cameo. But overral, I wanted to slap Zephyr just as much as you! Fluttershy dad had a awesome design. But back at Zephyr, I am glad Fluttershy to be push toward him. Her character developpement showed in this episode. I watched it twice, it wasnt as cringeworthy the second time. So I wouldnt put it in same bag as episode I truly hate. But Zephyr will remain a pain in the ... no matter how he redeem himself.
    Last edited by Emmerlaus; 2016-06-04 at 12:47 PM.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Titan in the Playground

Show

Pony names are weird.

Spoiler: Not really a spoiler at all really
    Show
    I haven't seen the episode yet, (I still haven't seen Newbie Dash for that matter) but I absolutely hate that whole surname is Shy thing. It's this weird humanism that slips in because of writer incompetence. I mean S1 established that ponies have thematic names with the Apple family (Applejack, Applebloom, Granny Smith all have Apple related names, but their surname certainly isn't Apple, or it wasn't back then.) Sure the Pie family kinda breaks that rule, but they were pretty much the only ones (and being Pinkie related...). So if a surname fits, I wouldn't have a problem. But Zypher Shy? That's just stupid. And doesn't make sense. And Fluttershy is one word anyways.

I don't know Digo, how important is it being post-apocalyptic matter to your story? You've been pretty vague on the details of your story beyond the setting.

Anyways, on my whole watching status, well I just haven't had that much interest in the show. I'm still looking at a lot of fanart and reading fanfiction, but the show itself just seems, I don't know, unnecessary now? Like, it's no longer such high quality that I prefer it over the really good fanfictions. That or I just want to watch something new and fresh. Eh, it's all my gut emotions anyways. I'll likely watch them eventually, I just am in no rush to do so.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

good episode...but not a lot to comment on
    Spoiler: Flutter Family
    Show

oooo, mom and pop too

Dash baggin' on somepony for napping in middle of the day? rofl

ok..so "peeved" is a swear......

S'ok Flutters..in 5 minutes he wont be living anymore

full size avatar

19. - Top - End - #259
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: New ep
    Show

Maybe I'm the only one, but I got a lot of creep vibes from Fluttershy's brother. I think it is kind of funny that the episode never once actually tries to get us to feel bad for him.

It was okay. Probably better than Newbie Dash, at least. I DID get a little bit of schadenfreude from the whole "Rainbow Dash is CRAZY" part, where he actually got zapped with lightning.
    Behold! My tiny deviantart gallery!
    Comment, browse the itty-bitty collection, etc.
    Morning Star

20. - Top - End - #260
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: New Ep
    Show
    Well, it finally happened; somepony has finally supplanted Prince Blueblood for the title of "Pony I would most like to see be repeatedly slapped by Peter Dinklage". The Prince had a good run, but dear Celestia every word out of Zephyr's mouth just made me want to strangle him more.
    I also find it interesting that Zephyr manages to be the first entity to truly enrage Fluttershy on a continuous basis, a feat not even Discord has managed to achieve.

Edit: Thinking on it a bit more, I actually see a commonality between Fluttershy and her brother; they're both incredibly insecure ponies, but deal with that insecurity in different ways. Fluttershy retreats inward and avoids any situations that could result in embarrassment. Zephyr, on the other hoof, tries to cover up his insecurities by acting like a self-important narcissistic jackass. Hence his constant boasting about his genius, hitting on Rainbow Dash, and general refusal to take responsibility for himself. Zephyr needs to constantly reassure himself that he's awesome because he can't deal with his own personal shortcomings.
    Last edited by Alabenson; 2016-06-04 at 01:34 PM.
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

21. - Top - End - #261
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Show
    ...it was better than Newbie Dash.

Okay, that is not being fair, it was kind of fun. I wanted to reach through the screen and slap Zephyr a few times, but in the good kind of way. I hated the character, not the writer, so that's... good. It did help a lot that Fluttershy went out of her way to help, and him messing it up. I was really worried Fluttershy would end up needing to be cruel to him for the story to work, but that was already done well in the Breezies episode, so that would just be a rethread.

Plus, there was a cameo of Link, so that's pretty funny. Easily the best new character in this episode. Bonus for having him pull a cart of Rupees and having a Heart Container as a cutie mark. Very plausible deniability there, instead of giving him three golden triangles, which would be a little too close for legal to approve, I imagine.

22. - Top - End - #262

Quote Originally Posted by Emmerlaus View Post
    Shame you didnt join that Shadowrun game I applied too Digo
    I really wanted too, but... well my family has required a lot of attention in recent weeks. It's been hurting my ability to complete commission work too.

Quote Originally Posted by Emmerlaus View Post
    Show
    OMG!!! What a egocentric pushy lazy loser! I loved a few thing in this episode, like the Link pony cameo. But overral, I wanted to slap Zephyr just as much as you! Fluttershy dad had a awesome design. But back at Zephyr, I am glad Fluttershy to be push toward him. Her character developpement showed in this episode. I watched it twice, it wasnt as cringeworthy the second time. So I wouldnt put it in same bag as episode I truly hate. But Zephyr will remain a pain in the ... no matter how he redeem himself.
    Spoiler: Flutter Butter
    Show
    Yes, it was nice to see Fluttershy use that assertiveness she learned to help her parents. She did well in this episode. Had a lot of nice facial expressions too.

Spoiler: Not really a spoiler at all really
    Show
    I haven't seen the episode yet, (I still haven't seen Newbie Dash for that matter) but I absolutely hate that whole surname is Shy thing. It's this weird humanism that slips in because of writer incompetence. I mean S1 established that ponies have thematic names with the Apple family (Applejack, Applebloom, Granny Smith all have Apple related names, but their surname certainly isn't Apple, or it wasn't back then.) Sure the Pie family kinda breaks that rule, but they were pretty much the only ones (and being Pinkie related...). So if a surname fits, I wouldn't have a problem. But Zypher Shy? That's just stupid. And doesn't make sense. And Fluttershy is one word anyways.
    Spoiler: Minor Spoiler
    Show
    Pony names are weird. 'Cause Zephyr (Zypher? not sure of spelling) full name is Zephyr Breeze. So would it be Zephyr Breeze Shy? I dunno how it works. I see Dash calling the mom Mrs. Shy, so maybe surnames are readily changeable?

I don't know Digo, how important is it being post-apocalyptic matter to your story? You've been pretty vague on the details of your story beyond the setting.
    I think if I learned anything doing this research, it's that the post-apocalyptic part isn't important. The story is about not knowing where you fit in and how others can take advantage of that if you aren't careful. A cult gets started and a friend of the protagonist joins up hoping to find direction and protagonist tries to get her out.

Anyways, on my whole watching status, well I just haven't had that much interest in the show. I'm still looking at a lot of fanart and reading fanfiction, but the show itself just seems, I don't know, unnecessary now? Like, it's no longer such high quality that I prefer it over the really good fanfictions. That or I just want to watch something new and fresh. Eh, it's all my gut emotions anyways. I'll likely watch them eventually, I just am in no rush to do so.
    Understandably good gut. Six seasons is a Long run for a 26-episode per season show, especially a cartoon series. I feel that this probably would be best as the last season, so as not to drive a good show into the ground. Time it so the finale ends not long before te movie and then the movie gives a perfect send off.

good episode...but not a lot to comment on
    Spoiler: Flutter Family
    Show
    Dash baggin' on somepony for napping in middle of the day? rofl

ok..so "peeved" is a swear......
    Show
    Yeah, amusing Dash is giving Zeph a ribbing for naps. Hey, naps are a good thing, Dash! I'd love one right now.

If "Peeved" is a swear, then I would be labeled a monster by pony parents should I find myself in Equestria. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Derjuin View Post
    Spoiler: New ep
    Show

Maybe I'm the only one, but I got a lot of creep vibes from Fluttershy's brother. I think it is kind of funny that the episode never once actually tries to get us to feel bad for him.

It was okay. Probably better than Newbie Dash, at least. I DID get a little bit of schadenfreude from the whole "Rainbow Dash is CRAZY" part, where he actually got zapped with lightning.
    Show
    Zeph is a creep. I wouldn't leave him alone with anyone, especially younger ones. >.>

Seeing Zeph looking zapped by lightning was the best part in m opinion. ^^;

Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post
    Spoiler: New Ep
    Show
    Well, it finally happened; somepony has finally supplanted Prince Blueblood for the title of "Pony I would most like to see be repeatedly slapped by Peter Dinklage". The Prince had a good run, but dear Celestia every word out of Zephyr's mouth just made me want to strangle him more.
    I also find it interesting that Zephyr manages to be the first entity to truly enrage Fluttershy on a continuous basis, a feat not even Discord has managed to achieve.

Edit: Thinking on it a bit more, I actually see a commonality between Fluttershy and her brother; they're both incredibly insecure ponies, but deal with that insecurity in different ways. Fluttershy retreats inward and avoids any situations that could result in embarrassment. Zephyr, on the other hoof, tries to cover up his insecurities by acting like a self-important narcissistic jackass. Hence his constant boasting about his genius, hitting on Rainbow Dash, and general refusal to take responsibility for himself. Zephyr needs to constantly reassure himself that he's awesome because he can't deal with his own personal shortcomings.
    Show
    I know, that's scary. I'd actually watch Blueblood over this pegasus. Wow, that is something.

Nicely said about the sibling similarities. I agree.
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2016-06-04 at 02:26 PM.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

23. - Top - End - #263
    Ogre in the Playground

Time to watch the new episode.
    Spoiler: S6 E12
    Show
    S6 E12 Flutter Brutter was the worst episode ever. Seriously. I don't have anything that could save it. I know I usually write more, but this was just that bad I don't even want to bother to explain what was so bad in it now.
    Last edited by b_jonas; 2016-06-04 at 02:40 PM.

24. - Top - End - #264

Quote Originally Posted by McNum View Post
    Show
    Okay, that is not being fair, it was kind of fun. I wanted to reach through the screen and slap Zephyr a few times, but in the good kind of way. I hated the character, not the writer, so that's... good.

Plus, there was a cameo of Link, so that's pretty funny.
    Show
    I don't hate the writer either, but you have way more patience for the character than I. There is no "in the good kind of way" with the pain I want to inflict.

Quote Originally Posted by b_jonas View Post
    Time to watch the new episode.
    Spoiler: S6 E12
    Show
    S6 E12 Flutter Brutter was the worst episode ever. Seriously. I don't have anything that could save it. I know I usually write more, but this was just that bad I don't even want to bother to explain what was so bad in it now.
    Show
    I have an in-law who is a minor version of Zeph. That was part of my cringe.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

25. - Top - End - #265
    Banned

NB: it is spelled Zephyr.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Titan in the Playground

Show

As a stay-at-home unemployed son, this episode is making me feel bad about myself. (Admitteldy only six minutes in as of posting this.) As far as aware at least i'm not NEARLY as bad as Zeph, (not even a quarter as egotistical that's for sure), and i do still help around the house, especially now that my dad's moved out to the UK for a couple of years for work. Still hits home and makes me embarassed for myself though.

edit: ten minutes in. Sassy fluttershy is amazing.

Edit 2: finished episode. It was a good one! Liked how it showed how much Fluttershy has grown and become less of a pushover over the serise.
    Last edited by Draconi Redfir; 2016-06-04 at 03:31 PM.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #267
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    Well, the Shy males don't look anything like I imagined. Partly because I imagined her brother ... well, non-existent. Dad's mane looks really weird, not sure I like it. Mom's look is okay; I'm not sure how I imagined her, so this is fine.

Oh NO! She said ... pee!

Mr. and Mrs. Shy ... as Digo said, pony names a weird. I can only assume their names aren't actually Shy, but they're called Mr. and Mrs. Shy after their daughter much like married women are sometimes called Mrs. X after their husband. Why their daughter, though? Because she's female? Or the oldest? Or is it just Fluttershy's friends who call them that, and Zeph's friends would call them Mr. and Mrs. Breeze? I think that's probably the most likely.

Nice to see Fluttershy be assertive in the right way, and in a way that feels natural and not overplayed.

Dash zapping him with lightning was great, and well deserved. You go, Dash!

I liked it okay.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Ettin in the Playground

Show

Pony names are weird.
    Well, I guess Shy's trait ran in the family.
    Badly drawn helmet avatar drawn by me.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miko Miyazaki, Thanh, Durkon- Order of the Stick
    Krunch- Looking For Group
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Soap Mactavish- Modern Warfare 3
    Sandman- Modern Warfare 3
    Ghost and Roach- Modern Warfare 2
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Carmine Brothers- Gears of War series
    Uriel Septim VII- Elderscrolls Oblivion
    Commander Shepherd- Mass Effect 3
    Ned Stark- Song of Ice and Fire
    Apple Jack's parents

29. - Top - End - #269

Quote Originally Posted by Draconi Redfir View Post
    Show

As far as aware at least i'm not NEARLY as bad as Zeph, (not even a quarter as egotistical that's for sure), and i do still help around the house
    Show
    Helping and making the attempts puts you far above Zeph.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    Show
    Mr. and Mrs. Shy ... as Digo said, pony names a weird. I can only assume their names aren't actually Shy, but they're called Mr. and Mrs. Shy after their daughter much like married women are sometimes called Mrs. X after their husband.
    Show
    I replayed the DVR recording and unfortunately Mr. and Mrs. Shy are what they're billed as in the ending credits. So, their actual names remain a mystery for now. :/

Quote Originally Posted by t209 View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, I guess Shy's trait ran in the family.
    Show
    True enough, at least you could see that they all are related like family and that's a nice thing.
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2016-06-04 at 04:18 PM.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

30. - Top - End - #270
    Barbarian in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Spoiler: Fluttebutter
    Show

Forget about that annoying horse, did you notice the Link pony in the background?
    He's hauling a cart of rupees and has a heart container cutie mark!
    Now I'm thinking with ponies!

3DS friend code:
    2449-5207-9736