New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Brotherhood WW: Victorian Age

Now, generic-guy (I believe) was the first to vote for Pelican yesterday, seemingly a random vote. He could have picked anyone for this. I want to hear other people's thoughts on this matter.
    Avatar made by Bradakhan| Other avatars.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.

2. - Top - End - #482
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Duck999 View Post
    Now, generic-guy (I believe) was the first to vote for Pelican yesterday, seemingly a random vote. He could have picked anyone for this. I want to hear other people's thoughts on this matter.
    I'm guessing it was a misadvised mistake.

However right now there are three votes on me and one on Generic.

This is a problem.

There's no case whatsoever on me.

Here's a case for Generic.

He said FC was the beast.

He didn't lead two lynches on two different wolves.

Here's a case against my lynch. I'm town; if there are two wolves you lose. I'm perfectly willing to lynch Kish, if you're worried that I'm one of two wolves left and would win if Generic was town. I'm not willing to roll over and die, because that would be horrible and town would have a pretty high chance of losing. Trust me on this, please.

Libro. "unless sufficient counter-evidence is brought up." What evidence?? The only evidence from what you've said that I could be a wolf is that "you're not convinced" that I'm town, which of course, and that "you're fairly certain Kish is town". So then why me and not Generic? Are you trying to lose the game?

Don't you see? There are three votes on me. Two of them are from other non-cleared players, one from you, a cleared mason. If they're wolves, they just have to convince one person to vote for them. Ping an alarm bell? It should.

Please reconsider. Trust me this once and lynch one of the others.

- - - Updated - - -

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Libro View Post
    Vote tally:

Xihirli: 5 (Syldar, autolycusfel, Tanar Aerdoth, Indarra*, Murska)

Flat_Footed: 4 (Silent_Interim, Kish, Fleeing Coward, Pelican)

Fleeing Coward: 4 (Ramsus, Duck999, Eggel, Yumori Zatsuken)

ThePhantom: 3 (Thematthew, Generic-Guy, Xirhili)

Ramsus: 1 (Jellyfishbear)

Duck999: 1 (BasketOfPuppies)

Kish: 1 (ThePhantom)

BasketOfPuppies: 1 (Libro)

Murska: 1 (Flat_footed)

*red text needed to make it official
    -Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Nobody seems wolfy enough for me to change my vote, so I'll leave it on BoP.

if you need more proof

eggel was voting FC up from this point through EoD

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    So, between work, school, and the school play, I'm spending well over 70 hours a week doing something, so I don't really have a lot of time to do this. After this game I'm probably going to spend some time away from the forum, or at least the structured games. I'm actually just a Londoner. I'm gonna put some pressure on Eggel to try to get them to talk.
    Basket of Puppies, later subbed into by Xihirli and lynched as a wolf, voted Eggel to "get them to talk". In other words, an easy lynch target scapegoat suspect.
    Spoiler: Quote(s)
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    You're my favorite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    I'll kill them! I'll kill all of them!
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    We're crashing Wombat's wedding! WITH AN ARMY OF WOMBATS AND BUDGIES.

"So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."

3. - Top - End - #483
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthalion View Post
    I'm guessing it was a misadvised mistake.
    He had plenty of time to change it, especially since a townie death could have won them the game easier. There were townies on both wagons, so it wouldn't have brought suspicion on to him if he changed.

However right now there are three votes on me and one on Generic.

This is a problem.

There's no case whatsoever on me.

Here's a case for Generic.

He said FC was the beast.

He didn't lead two lynches on two different wolves.
    Disc Lorde also said FC was the beast. It's clearly a conclusion townies can come to. Also he led one lynch on a wolf which he could have easily changed.

Here's a case against my lynch. I'm town; if there are two wolves you lose. I'm perfectly willing to lynch Kish, if you're worried that I'm one of two wolves left and would win if Generic was town. I'm not willing to roll over and die, because that would be horrible and town would have a pretty high chance of losing. Trust me on this, please.
    I realize it is possible both you and generic-guy are town (I hope not, though), but that argument is not at all a case against your lynch. The exact same case applies to generic-guy.

As I said, it is possible Kish is the only remaining wolf, and I haven't ruled that out.
    Show

4. - Top - End - #484
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Generic-Guy View Post
    In case of Fleeing Coward possible being the beast, i am going to heroical stand betwen him and my Lord.
    If he is just a Wolf, i changed a vote still for good.
    If he is town, we all look dumb...
    what is this post???

why does town ever post this

- - - Updated - - -

He had plenty of time to change it, especially since a townie death could have won them the game easier. There were townies on both wagons, so it wouldn't have brought suspicion on to him if he changed.

Disc Lorde also said FC was the beast. It's clearly a conclusion townies can come to. Also he led one lynch on a wolf which he could have easily changed.

I realize it is possible both you and generic-guy are town (I hope not, though), but that argument is not at all a case against your lynch. The exact same case applies to generic-guy.

As I said, it is possible Kish is the only remaining wolf, and I haven't ruled that out.
    Disc said he took it from Generic's post.

It's the best "evidence" I can give. I know I'm town, and I know that if there are two wolves town loses. Since he's a mason, unlike the other two people voting me, I was trying to make very clear that lynching me always loses the game if there are two wolves. The fact that the two other uncleared's are voting for me points in that direction, given the validity (what validity?) of their cases on me.

The wolves have to have been prioritizing avoiding the watcher over killing the vulnerable mason, or they would have just killed the mason who they knew was baned the previous night. And now I'm wondering if "it seems like the masons would be really easy to kill" was feinting before going after a nonmason. I'm suspicious enough now to switch to Cuthalion, though I continue to frown at Generic-Guy's consistent floating below the radar and analysis-free posts (except for that time he, reasoning unexplained, called Fleeing Coward the Beast. Grah. We have to be down to one wolf; could one of you two please provide an airtight case that you're town?).
    This is Kish. He says that the fact that I said something that might have been feinting (and, potentially still the thing from the other day where I voted Xihirli after he was dead because the narration was really confusing) makes him suspicious of me. Moreover, suspicious enough to outweigh "consistent floating below the radar and analysis-free posts". He also insists we have to be down to one wolf. Why this certainty? Even if he's town, this is hardly a good reason to vote for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Possibly the biggest argument for two wolves: Have you ever played in a game with just a single vanilla werewolf? I haven't. That would be [Ripper, Mammon, Mr. Hyde, Wolf.] I find it hiiiighly likely there would be two.

- - - Updated - - -

It would totally have brought suspicion on him given the game state if pelican was still lynched. He's one of three uncleared townies and he switched off a wolf wagon after placing the vote at very start of day. I'd guess Pelican specifically told him "don't switch".
    Show
    You're my favorite.

"So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."

5. - Top - End - #485
    Colossus in the Playground

I miscounted the number of townies at one point and thought the game would have ended the day before Pelican died if there was another wolf. It was a mistake, which I admitted to. I can't do more about it than that.

I think you're seriously overstating your role in the death of--I'm not actually sure which two wolves; Fleeing Coward and Xihirli? Indeed, looking at your posts the day Fleeing Coward died, my impression is that you would have preferred, from the start to the finish, to lynch Murska, and as for Xihirli, all the credit for killing her goes to flat_footed (or Duck999 gets some for claiming, but no one but those two). If it turns out I'm wrong to be suspicious of you--currently slightly more suspicious than I am of Generic-Guy--I'm sorry.

About Generic-Guy voting early for Pelican: If he's town, it was either a lucky guess or analysis (but, frustratingly, even when there's evidence of analysis, he doesn't share it, or even acknowledge it being requested). If he's a wolf, presumably distancing (which means Pelican took steps to distance himself from everyone who wasn't cleared that day). I consider it a minor data point in favor of Generic-Guy being town, but only minor. I think more pressure on Generic-Guy to talk would be a good thing, but I'm not sure how to provide it. I voted for Generic-Guy early today, and didn't really expect to change my vote, though of course I cannot prove I'm not Generic-Guy's lying wolf partner.

Updated: Writing that has made me realize just how frustrating I find that lack of analysis. I'm going to risk this. Generic-Guy, make a case for me to switch back to Cuthalion. If not, I'll vote to lynch the one who's not even pretending to try.
    Last edited by Kish; 2016-09-21 at 05:23 PM.

6. - Top - End - #486
    Dwarf in the Playground

Looks like i can't just ceep standing in the shadows and watch...
    Quote Originally Posted by Generic-Guy
    In case of Fleeing Coward possible being the beast, i am going to heroical stand betwen him and my Lord.
    If he is just a Wolf, i changed a vote still for good.
    If he is town, we all look dumb...
    what is this post???

why does town ever post this
    Three things.
    1. It was a wagon and it was driveing to fast.
    2. Second, if FC filpped beast, what he did, it would be one person more for the RNG to pick instat of Disc Lord. And he was far more usefull than i.
    3. I underlined for you how unsure i was about this statement

It's the best "evidence" I can give. I know I'm town, and I know that if there are two wolves town loses. Since he's a mason, unlike the other two people voting me, I was trying to make very clear that lynching me always loses the game if there are two wolves. The fact that the two other uncleared's are voting for me points in that direction, given the validity (what validity?) of their cases on me.
    As i pointed out at some time. I am also knowing i am town. It is a compleatly pointless claim.
    Wolfs are as likely to post for wolfs as townys are. This it WIFOM logic, if we think about it...

It would totally have brought suspicion on him given the game state if pelican was still lynched. He's one of three uncleared townies and he switched off a wolf wagon after placing the vote at very start of day. I'd guess Pelican specifically told him "don't switch".
    I missed two votes, so i did set a vote at the beginning to made sure i wont get autolynched.
    After there was edivience, or at least enogth reasons, on the table, i didn't needed to change the vote.
    There was realy no better option to vote for...

"Not quiet, but to silent."
    -Generic-Guy, hidden genius or ultimative moron
    Vanished in the nothing
    Signature
    Last edited by Generic-Guy; 2016-09-21 at 04:48 PM. Reason: Kish ninjaed me!

7. - Top - End - #487

That doesn't explain where you got the idea of Fleeing Coward being the Beast...did you say it first? Or did someone else? I do remember you saying you thought the last one to vote for him would be the one to die.

8. - Top - End - #488
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kish
    That doesn't explain where you got the idea of Fleeing Coward being the Beast...did you say it first? Or did someone else? I do remember you saying you thought the last one to vote for him would be the one to die.
    That is absolute correct. I tougth that at the time i votet, haveing a mechanic wrong in my head.
    I only thinked that he was the beast because his Bandwagon was, as i sayed, to fast...

I am checking back who votet for FC and in what order...
    Pelican
    Cuthalion
    Murska
    Disc Lorde
    Xihirli
    Generic-Guy *got a realy vauge idea. Turned out to be right. Bad for us.*
    Kish
    Duck999

Hey! All uncleared was killing the beast!... didn't notice until now...

my current line of scummyness:
    Cuthalion - Generic-Guy - Kish | yes, i say i am more likly wolf than Kish
    Last edited by Generic-Guy; 2016-09-21 at 05:13 PM.

9. - Top - End - #489

Okay. Well, that's what I asked for. And hopefully there's only one wolf left, it's Cuthalion, and this will end the game.

10. - Top - End - #490
    Troll in the Playground

!!!

it's not like fleeing coward was the only fast wagon

read through the game, there were several that cropped up similarly quickly, with less opposition than Kish's wagon had for the FC lynch

Also yes I would have preferred to lynch Murska, but like I said I was 95 percent certain there was a wolf in the two of them and quite strong on the idea that both were wolves. I SAID that.

I'm not arguing that claiming town is particularly useful, i'm just pointing out to libro the risk of what he's doing

the two instances i was referring to were FC and Pelican. Not claiming responsibility for X's lynch, that was flat-footed

I was super confident FC was scum

I was super confident Pelican were scum

I came into both phases

Why the heck do I ever bus?

Look Kish if generic is NOT a wolf and I am the only wolf then there's no harm in lynching him first

From your pov if town there is no downside apart from this taking longer to lynching him first and if i'm right

from my pov as town i have to lynch him

from his pov as scum he has to lynch me

frankly I would think you're an easier target to argue across but nevertheless

if you're town trust me please please please

if you're wolf town's utterly toast at this rate

- - - Updated - - -

wait a sec

okay no i'm not putting up with this

KISH IF YOU ARE VILLAGE YOU KNOW YOU ARE TOWN

WHY DO I LEAD A LYNCH ONTO THE BEAST

WHEN THE ALTERNATIVE IS TOWN

AND I DON'T HAVE TO DRAW ALL THE ATTENTION ONTO ME

THE GAME'D BE OVER BY NOW

with more intelligent night killing and lynching more towns
    Show
    You're my favorite.

11. - Top - End - #491
    Ogre in the Playground

Cuthalion, most of your logic works against you as well. Why would generic keep his vote on a wolf if the alternative (you) is town. Every unconfirmed has helped kill wolves (even instrumentally, it could be said), and generic isn't any different.
    Show

12. - Top - End - #492
    Troll in the Playground

Cuthalion, most of your logic works against you as well. Why would generic keep his vote on a wolf if the alternative (you) is town. Every unconfirmed has helped kill wolves (even instrumentally, it could be said), and generic isn't any different.
    because like i said it would look really sketchy if pelican was actually lynched

given how many unconfirmed's there are and such

but realistically

if kish is town, why do i push, not vote, but seriously push the idea that FC is scum when other people haven't really been doing it much at all. FC would not have been lynched there without me. you cannot deny that. why does that happen?

- - - Updated - - -

you're conflating a bus vote at the start of a day where it would look bad to switch off with a push and reads on a wolf who nobody was talking about very much enough to start lynch momentum on him and continue attacking him all day
    Show
    You're my favorite.

13. - Top - End - #493
    Dwarf in the Playground

confused Re: Brotherhood WW: Victorian Age

Cuthalion, i can't even follow your logic anymore.
    You seemed more or less sane.
    Now, you are like Xihirli, under the 50% of sane. But not as funny as he while doing this...

You are saying we shouldn't lynch you because if we lynch anothertown, we would be fine tomorow because there is only one wolf left and if it is not me it is you?
    No seriously, i am not understanding your argument. (Whriting whit a enter betwen every senence isnt helpfull, eigther)

14. - Top - End - #494
    Alchemist in the Playground Moderator

I'm reasonably confident we're down to one wolf.

15. - Top - End - #495
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by flat_footed View Post
    I'm reasonably confident we're down to one wolf.
    Vote for generic either way.

Worst case scenario this goes on

99 percent sure it doesn't

- - - Updated - - -

duck, you haven't voted either

this makes me sad
    Show
    You're my favorite.

16. - Top - End - #496
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

Ending Day 15 minutes early because I doubt it will make a difference and I'm seriously about to crash.

- - - Updated - - -

Barnaby, his breathing still ragged, stumbled into the Station-house.

"Sir," Troy exclaimed,"You're back! Enjoy your holiday?"

"Not now, Troy!"Barnaby frowned, as he fumbled with his keys to the armory.

"Sir?" Troy asked, concerned,"What do you need from the armory, sir?"

"Guns, Troy,"the Inspector replied,"Revolvers, Rifles, Shotguns, anything I can fire silver rounds through."

"Sir, if this is about those ripper murders, you needn't worry, we got another confession. Seems like there was quite a team of 'em."

"Don't you get it Troy?!?" Barnaby yelled, wheeling around to face the young sergeant,"these things, they don't rest... they don't sleep, they don't confess, and they won't stop.... and... and.."

"And what sir?"

"And we're running out of time."

Spoiler: Summary
    Show
    Cuthalion made another false confession. They were a Londoner.

Day Ten has now ended. Night Ten begins now and ends in 24 hours.

By my count, Duck and Flat_Footed have missed a day of voting.
    Last edited by norman250; 2016-09-21 at 11:58 PM.

17. - Top - End - #497
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

Update is going to be either very late, or tomorrow. Sorry, I don't like doing this, but I have guests in my home today from out of state and I honestly can't narrate and host at the same time.

18. - Top - End - #498
    Alchemist in the Playground Moderator

Have fun! If you're serving the good stuff, make sure to give them the small glasses.

19. - Top - End - #499
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

There was a man, who sat, scribbling furiously at a notebook.

He hardly made a sound as the door squeaked open, though he knew the "guest" had entered.

"So soon, brother?" the man asked, "Can this not wait till morning, then?"

"Why?"asked the stranger, as he crept silently to the man.

"Why help them? Why betray us, after you aided our hunt for so long? Why? Are we not more close to kin, spirits as you and I, than man is? Why help them?!?"

"Aye," the man at the desk replied, not looking up from his journal,"You and I are more kin, my good cousin, but I never meant to help you. I never wanted to. And for what I've done.... I sought atonement.... balance."

"Unacceptable," the stranger replied, drawing forth a wicked blade.

"I agree," said the man, turning to look his kin in the eyes, for the first time. To see the reds as they flashed. "What I have done is unacceptable. But for their sake, not yours. I accept your judgement."

It wasn't a quiet night, but every londoner slept soundly. The friend they had lost, they might never know.

Spoiler: Summary
    Show
    Flat_footed was slain by a demented cousin. They were The Avatar of Ying and Yang.

Night Ten has now ended. Day Eleven begins now and ends in roughly 46 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by flat_footed View Post
    Have fun! If you're serving the good stuff, make sure to give them the small glasses.
    Did not see this advice in time to take heed. Oh well, big glasses were served. Normally I don't like making Day update late, but I'm actually going to be in Seattle (beyond my normal city limits) tomorrow and won't be able to update. So, to prevent 72 hour update, here I go)
    Last edited by norman250; 2016-09-23 at 04:51 AM.

20. - Top - End - #500
    Dwarf in the Playground

Important!
    The Mansons shouldn't tell who they did ban last night. The Wolf, if he survives the day, would know who isn't protected because of the "can't ban themself twice in a row"- rule.
    Also, Kish is the only person left to me i can vote for.
    Kish is going to vote Generic-Guy and i must say, he is clearly more towny than i am.
    ( ^-^) "Pretty sure i am going to be the daykill, but town can still win! Go Constables!" *Graps things and goes to imaginary trainstation* ( °.°) "I am waiting for my end here. Just don't notice me..." Very OOC-speech...

21. - Top - End - #501

Indeed, my choice is obvious now; from my perspective there's only one person the last wolf could be. The others' choice is less so. Good luck, Duck999, Libro. Generic-Guy.

22. - Top - End - #502
    Barbarian in the Playground

Just popping in to say that it may help me (and maybe Duck999, too) decide who gets the lynch if you two can produce your voting records for each day phase.

23. - Top - End - #503

Sure. While assembling this, I noticed an error in norman250's counting; there is no Day 6 here because I'm lining them up with what he called them, and he skipped from Day 5 to Day 7.

Kish
    Day 1: Xihirli->flat_footed->Xihirli->flat_footed
    Day 2: Yumori Zatsuken
    Day 3: ThePhantom
    Day 4: Libro
    Day 5: Libro->Fleeing Coward
    Day 7: Xihirli
    Day 8: AvatarVecna
    Day 9: Generic-Guy
    Day 10: Generic-Guy->Cuthalion->Generic-Guy->Cuthalion

Generic-Guy
    Day 1: ThePhantom
    Day 4: Kish->autolycusfel->No One
    Day 5: autolycusfel->Fleeing Coward
    Day 7: The late Murska->No One
    Day 8: No One
    Day 9: Pelican
    Day 10: Cuthalion

24. - Top - End - #504
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    Sure. While assembling this, I noticed an error in norman250's counting; there is no Day 6 here because I'm lining them up with what he called them, and he skipped from Day 5 to Day 7.

Kish
    Day 1: Xihirli->flat_footed->Xihirli->flat_footed
    Day 4: Libro
    Day 5: Libro->Fleeing Coward
    Day 7: Xihirli
    Day 8: AvatarVecna
    Day 9: Generic-Guy
    Day 10: Generic-Guy->Cuthalion->Generic-Guy->Cuthalion

Generic-Guy
    Day 1: ThePhantom
    Day 4: Kish->autolycusfel->No One
    Day 5: autolycusfel->Fleeing Coward
    Day 7: The late Murska->No One
    Day 8: No One
    Day 9: Pelican
    Day 10: Cuthalion
    Looks right to me.

25. - Top - End - #505
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

The 6th day was slain by the Ripper, obviously.

26. - Top - End - #506
    Dwarf in the Playground

if the day six was slain by the ripper, and you are responceple for day six being missed...
    "norman250" ('.' ) "HE is the ripper!"

Edit: He was killed night zero. I realy need to keep track of the narations (^-^ )
    Last edited by Generic-Guy; 2016-09-23 at 02:56 PM.

27. - Top - End - #507

Let me know if you want anything else from me, btw. I think all the evidence is pretty much in, and I regret that I can't point to anything to show "look, I'm absolutely town," but if there's anything you think you might not understand about something I did at some point, I'll try to explain it.

Whatever happens, this has been quite a game.

28. - Top - End - #508
    Ogre in the Playground

Generic's early vote on Pelican make me trust him a little more, but there is no way to be certain. I'd say, judging by the lynching of wolves, Kish is more suspicious. This is definitely subject to change.
    Show

29. - Top - End - #509
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    Whatever happens, this has been quite a game.
    That is the truth. Whoever is the wolf should be happy with how well they've done.

I'm going to tentatively place my vote on Kish. Both people look equally suspicious to me, but flat_footed had voiced a suspicion of Kish during the night phase, which I will follow for lack of a clearer decision.

As an idea, to players and narrator, what if we try to determine night actions now?
    The masons call a bane, and the wolf picks a target, and the game may be able to be wrapped up with the next update.
    EDIT: (A precaution should we lynch the wrong person)
    Last edited by Grand Arbiter; 2016-09-24 at 12:26 PM.

30. - Top - End - #510

That will probably cost town the game. Generic-Guy has been floating below the radar all game (except for once when he slipped and called Fleeing Coward the Beast when only another wolf would have known that). We both voted for Fleeing Coward and I voted for Xihirli, so voting for a wolf is provably not proof of being town. He came out to defend himself when I pushed him to do so on pain of being lynched yesterday, so he can do analysis; he's done so only that once in the service of himself not getting lynched, incidentally giving his "I don't care if I get lynched" facade the lie. If you think voting for Pelican yesterday outweighs that, or that it's not as suspicious as I think it is--well, good luck tonight; I think you're going to need it.

(What did flat_footed say made him suspicious? I might be able to explain it if you told me.)