New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Adeline's Stars (IC)

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperbolic sine View Post
    Hm.

Kand reached for the fingerbone to pick it up - perhaps Max or one of his companions could magic something out of it - then, seeing as it didn't look there was anything else of interest, stood up from crouching and walked away from the pond and the feasting seagull.

With a last glance at the fishermen, he left the beach and headed back to Max's house.
    Heading back from the beach, Kand circumnavigates the village by taking a perimeter trail and climbs the path flanked by apple trees. The whole trip takes ten minutes. He arrives at the top of the hill, just outside Max's place. He can see in the distant bay the exact spot on the beach where he stood. At this distance, the fishers and children on the beach register as minute, hazy figures.

Everyone is once again together.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishybugs View Post
    Squeak listens to Max, his worry increasing a bit as she mentions the golem. He holds the cinnamon stick in his hand, massaging it a bit to release his stress. "Golem. Valuable."
    Max nods. "Yes. I do have valuables, in the form of documents, maps, and journals. They're valuable to me, but prospective criminals will find little use for them, and few enough markets to sell them in. There is no incentive, then, to attack me or burglarize my place. Mica is insurance, because human nature dictates people will try anyways. The rest of this—" she indicates the crates "—are goods paid to me in return for my clerical services, typically by nobles or merchants in larger communes. The goods rarely stay here for more than a week. When possible, I sell them in the nearest markets for coin, then I deposit in the coin in banks in major cities. Naturally, on the occasion that I have goods here, Mica guards them as well."
    Last edited by nettle3305; 2017-01-27 at 01:34 AM.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

"You don't need to worry. We don't actually plan on stealing anything. I wouldn't tangle with a golem for a chance to become the richest man on the continent, and even if you didn't have one and there was something we could sell here, we do to all appearances owe you our lives... maybe we should try to repay that debt soon?"

3. - Top - End - #93
    Banned

Griffon

Starlight, who had managed to be far stealthier and more reclusive than she had anticipated, managed to make it back to the group.

Given the short amount of time they had, the tabaxi turned to the group and spoke up. "So, should we get moving? ... a shame they have such a view of outsiders, though. I'm certain they have stories I'd love to hear, and there's so much they must miss out on."

4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground

"Ahh, we'll probably grow on 'em eventually. We're nice people." Terene looks expectantly to Adrian and asks, "Do you think having me hulking around will hurt our chances with elder Buchon? I kinda want to stay next to the people I know. Almost waking up dead can have that effect on ya."
    Avatar by Meltheim: Eveve, dwarven battlemind, 4e Dark Sun

Current games list

5. - Top - End - #95
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Kand stood in silence, waiting for the others to end their conversation and ask him if he had found something.

Question to which he'll reply "...I found a bone", showinf the fingerbone to the group and asking "Can someone magic something out of it?"
    To the optimist, the glass is half-full.
    To the pessimist, the glass is half-empty.
    To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Might suffer occasional hiccups in posting rate. Apologies for the inconvenience.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dimers View Post
    "Ahh, we'll probably grow on 'em eventually. We're nice people." Terene looks expectantly to Adrian and asks, "Do you think having me hulking around will hurt our chances with elder Buchon? I kinda want to stay next to the people I know. Almost waking up dead can have that effect on ya."
    "I think we should probably keep anyone larger than Buchon himself out of sight and not be visibly armed." He turns to Max. "Who among the party would that be? Terene probably..."

7. - Top - End - #97
    Orc in the Playground

Beaming, Adrian turns into the direction Max was working and, after seeing her utterly unimpressed with his performance, his face falls. There is a slight pout to his features before he turns back to the newcomers.
    "Ser Kara, of course. Forgive my uncouth assumption, a few weeks on the sea with sailors must have loosened my manners. It's not the outfit that makes the knight." He makes a short, flawless bow in her direction and winks.

"Well, we are certainly a colorful group and with the way the folk here reacted to outsider presence, I guess it makes sense for only the friendliest looking of us to pay our respects to the Elder." Adrian gives a sheepish grin and shrug in Terene's direction. "No offense, my friend. But you do certainly strike an impression."

At Kand's comment, he gives another helpless shrug. "I fear my specialty are the living... but keep it close just in case."

"Now, everyone, shall we? Unfortunately, the clock is ticking."

8. - Top - End - #98
    Halfling in the Playground

Planetar

"Perhaps Terene, Squeak and I should see whether the local sailors salvaged any of our equipment and whether we can reacquire it off them?" she gives Terene and Squeak a wan smile.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Banned

Griffon

Starlight turned to Adrian. "I'm friendly! I hope they don't object to my presence, though..." If the rumors of them fearing non-humans were true, she'd be a very sad cat.
    Last edited by Hawkstar; 2017-02-02 at 11:02 AM.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Kand glanced at Kara. "Iron doesn't float." he stated, disillusioned, then prepared to follow the others to the village.
    To the optimist, the glass is half-full.
    To the pessimist, the glass is half-empty.
    To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Might suffer occasional hiccups in posting rate. Apologies for the inconvenience.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperbolic sine View Post
    Kand glanced at Kara. "Iron doesn't float." he stated, disillusioned, then prepared to follow the others to the village.
    "Some other stuff might. Though I'd be more worried about what condition it might be in."

"Anyway, I think I'm a good talker. I should probably be one of the people to talk to Buchon. Maybe we should have a mage there, to explain the ritual of bringing a spirit back to answer questions? I'd do it myself, but the real theoretical stuff's a bit beyond me."
    Last edited by whiteflash; 2017-02-03 at 06:57 AM.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ettin in the Playground

Squeak looks at Kara when she makes her suggestion. "Our equipment. Some. Floats." He thinks a little bit about everything he's heard and seen so far. "Object to my presence," he mimcs, sounding a little sad.
    Jophine Dustwallow avatar by Shades of Gray

Spoiler: Other Avatar
    Show

Avatar: Tarina Davenledge, Cleric of Mishakal by Gorgon_Heap

13. - Top - End - #103
    Halfling in the Playground

Planetar

At Squeak's vocalisations, a look of concern comes over Kara's face. Putting a hand on Squeaks shoulder, she says reassuringly "I didn't mean to suggest that the villagers would object to your presence Squeak, just that you may be more useful in helping to reacquire our gear if the sailors prove uncooperative."

14. - Top - End - #104
    Banned

Griffon

As the others made their plans to meet with the village elder, Starlight got bored of sharing the same 'Blank white Shoulder-to-Ankle" appearance of her compatriots, and proceeded to take her shirt off, fold the body of it into a pad to fit across her back under her shoulders, then crossed the sleeves across her chest, before tying them behind her neck, leaving the fur of her belly and arms bare. She was pretty sure having all her spots covered disrupted her chi, or something like that.

If they didn't start moving soon, she was going to head off to see the elder on her own.